This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Postmates offers local delivery of take-out food and other goods. You can order food, alcohol or groceries through the Postmates app, which works with GPS to match inventories to consumer demand. Postmates is available in all 50 states.
Postmates is a great option for ordering food, alcohol and grocery items, particularly in metropolitan areas. The service offers a wide variety of products and is easy to use.
- Available 24/7
- Membership perks
- Wide product variety
- High delivery fees
- Blitz Prices during peak times
What is Postmates?
Postmates’ goal is to provide on-demand delivery of almost anything. The company is available in 2,490 cities in all 50 U.S. states, and it lets you purchase and schedule delivery of take-out meals from restaurants, alcohol or groceries.
Participating businesses and product variety and availability vary by city, but you can use Postmates’ app to see the options available in your area. When you order, you can arrange to meet your delivery driver at the door or curbside. You can also request to have deliveries left at your door.
Postmates can deliver alcohol to individuals 21 or older in specific markets, but its delivery drivers are not allowed to deliver alcohol to someone who is already intoxicated. The company charges a $15 return fee if the courier is unable to deliver the alcohol because the recipient is intoxicated, does not have a valid ID or is not of legal drinking age.
Postmates delivery fee
The Postmates app is free to download and use. When you place an order, you pay for your food, beverage or grocery items as well as any applicable sales tax and a tip for the courier.
Postmates charges delivery fees ranging from 99 cents to $3.99 for partnered restaurants and $5.99 to $9.99 for all other merchants. While browsing the app, you can view the restaurant’s delivery fee by looking under its name. Postmates may charge Blitz Pricing, which is a multiplier added to the delivery fee, if the company is experiencing high demands.
You can find discount codes for Postmates online.
Postmates Unlimited cost
If you plan to use Postmates regularly, it’s worth considering its Postmates Unlimited plan. Postmates Unlimited members receive special offers, free delivery on orders more than $12 and access to exclusive giveaways. Postmates does not charge Blitz Pricing on Postmates Unlimited members’ orders.
Postmates Unlimited costs $9.99 a month, or you can save money by paying $99.99 annually.
- Do you have to tip Postmates?
- Tipping is a great way to acknowledge excellent service. When you place an order on the Postmates platform, you’re prompted to select a tip amount at checkout. You can adjust the tip amount while the delivery is ongoing, and you can change it one time for up to 10 hours after you receive a delivery.
- Can you pay in cash for Postmates?
- Postmates is a cashless experience. You pay all delivery fees and service fees using a card on file. Postmates does not support cash-only merchants. Tips, however, may be paid in cash.
- What time does Postmates stop delivering?
- Postmates is available 24/7. As long as the selected merchant is open and accepting to-go orders, Postmates delivers.
- Where is Postmates available?
- Postmates is available in all 50 states and Washington, D.C. On the company’s website, you can submit requests to bring Postmates to your city if it’s not currently available.
Is Postmates worth it?
If you need help shopping, Postmates offers local, on-demand delivery of thousands of meals and products. Postmates is a convenient option for busy people who need access to take-out or grocery items. Though its delivery fees are higher than similar services, many find the ability to have food, drinks and staples delivered worth the cost. We recommend Postmates for its extensive variety and intuitive app.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 2,737,892 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I completed my profile, passed the background check. I even received an email stating the above. Unfortunately, my account is inaccessible for some reason. I even reinstalled the app. I reached out to the tech support team and not a soul provided any assistance. Instead they continuously send automated messages which has not solved the issue I’ve been having. Why don’t they have a toll free number where people can speak to a live person!?!
$37.50 divided by 2 (in other words 50% off before taxes and fees) according to Postmates is = to $12. Lol. Then $10.27 in fees before tip!??! Me facepalms. Not to mention the fact that they upcharge every item 10-50% more than the cost is at the actual restaurants. Will never use this service.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
Postmates Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.