1.24/5

Last updated: April 19, 2018

129 PepsiCo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

I've been drinking Pepsi for years. Suddenly I take a sip and dump the rest. It's nasty! I think real sugar is ok but the reg Pepsi is horrible!! You just lost a loyal Pepsi drinker. WHAT DID YOU DO TO PEPSI IN 2018?? YOU DESTROYED IT.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Agree with other users. I’m a loyal Diet Pepsi drinker and have been for many years. Literally almost the only thing I drink. I’ve started noticing that they taste different recently and are leaving a gross aftertaste. Never thought I’d switch but I can’t drink this!! Switching to water or unsweetened ice tea.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I've been drinking Pepsi for quite some time and as soon as this new design came out, I've been telling everyone that it doesn't taste even remotely the same! I am very disappointed to be writing this review because Pepsi is legitimately the ONLY soda I drink. I hate anything else. Coca-Cola does the job every once in awhile when I'm at a restaurant or something of the like. But it's nothing compared to Pepsi. I actually purchased Coke from the store this week instead of my usual Pepsi. Never in my years did I think I would make such a change. It's embarrassing to walk up to the counter buying a pack of this "new Pepsi". The can looks terrible and the taste is even more so. Everything each one of these reviewers have said is all true. The taste is flat, bitter, and leaves a terrible aftertaste. I'm writing this to officially say I am joining the others in refusing to purchase Pepsi until we get the old stuff back!

Original review: April 11, 2018

Drank Diet Pepsi with Aspartame for years and stopped immediately when they switched to Sucralose (too sweet, no lemon taste, flat taste). Supposedly Pepsi has returned to using Aspartame and is calling it "classic taste"! NO WAY!!! SOMETHING IS WRONG! It still tastes like sucralose & leaves a horrible aftertaste!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I've been an avid Pepsi drinker since I was 14 and I'm 35 now. It's all I've drank for years! And let me tell you as long as you keep the retro cans I will never drink another Pepsi! The pop in the new retro cans taste nothing like the Pepsi in the blue cans! I truly hope you guys listen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PepsiCo?

Original review: April 7, 2018

The new white labelled Pepsi is either coming from the factory flat with or they're doing something different. I hope they'll listen to all the complaints and fix it, but I'm quite sure they'll never listen to us. Anytime a company changes their product its main objective is to SAVE MONEY. They accomplish this by making a change to its formula or by giving us less product. With the new tax plan and the savings these companies are getting, should mean they can give the customer a little break in one way or another. But I'm quite certain they won't and that savings will go to the CEO, and his/her butt kissers???

Original review: April 3, 2018

I’m not a big soda drinker but I do love some soda in occasion. And recently I had the Pepsi in the new retro can and it tastes like medicine. When you pour it into ice it goes completely flat. And I thought my taste buds were crazy but when I looked in the old ingredients and new ingredients (in retro can) I notice something different. They took out high fructose corn syrup. I think that’s why it tastes different. I think they took it out because high fructose corn syrup is bad for health but jeez we’re going to die one way or another.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I started drinking diet Pepsi this winter. Loved it, loved the taste. I've always drank reg Pepsi but I switched cause of my weight. I also changed to diet cause it was without Aspartame. Aspartame causes cancer...then I noticed a change in the flavor and realized it has aspartame in it again. I'm upset beyond belief after reading complaints about aspartame being removed that people were upset. I don't want to stop drinking Pepsi cause Coke sucks... I LOVE PEPSI but can't find the aspartame free soda anymore. What do I do? Thank you.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Whatever change Diet Pepsi has recently made is horrible. I have always loved Diet Pepsi. This current change is horrid. The new taste is flat, sweet, and so far from the typical taste I am considering ANY drink before it. Please reconsider this change!

Original review: March 31, 2018

I have been drinking Diet Pepsi since the 80's. Suddenly the taste has changed. I've bought it in 10 six pack batches the last two weeks to try to get a better taste and it is HORRID. I have also bought it out of the vending machines. I will be quitting this product if they can't bring the good taste back. It tastes syrupy and very weak.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Bold-faced lie that it’s the same great taste. I’ve been drinking Pepsi for the last 13 years and have stopped drinking it due to the change in recipe. I hope that Pepsi changes back to the old recipe but until that happens I will no longer drink nor purchase Pepsi products.

Original review: March 26, 2018

PepsiCo insists they haven't changed the recipe of the traditional Pepsi, while at the same time introducing a new retro can. It's now very flat and tastes murky, like stale iced tea. I poured a can of each (old blue can, new white can) into identical drinking glasses and there's an obvious visual difference. I just scooped up the last of the blue cans off the shelves of my local retailers. This will be the last Pepsi that I will ever buy unless a change is made back to the old recipe. Been drinking this stuff for 40 years. I can't help but notice the cans say "Same great taste" rather than "Same product" or the like. It allows for some level of deniability should they fess up at some later date after people stop buying. Pepsi entirely and move onto something else. What they have done is tantamount to corporate suicide.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have gone through quite a bit of trouble just to write this review. Filling out ALL of my personal information to create an account, find and confirm email, check this box and another box. Evidently it means a lot for me to tell you that the new retro Pepsi is flat and terrible! Same great taste is an absolute lie. Please don’t insult dedicated Pepsi drinkers by continuing to make that claim. Awful! I really cannot drink this anymore. I googled just to find out if anyone else felt the same way or perhaps it was just a personal problem with my taste buds...then I found these reviews... My my my- please Pepsi- please stop.

Original review: March 15, 2018

The new Retro Pepsi can is cool but the taste is horrible!!! I have been drinking Pepsi for over 40 years and loved it! This new taste is flat and tastes more like Coke. :-( Please, Please bring the old Pepsi back!!! I hate it so bad I’m not drinking it anymore. I guess I’ll try Dr. Pepper!!!

Original review: March 14, 2018

New white can Pepsi doesn't taste the same as the blue Pepsi. Says it tastes the same as blue, but it sure doesn't. Bring back the blue Pepsi label and recipe now!!! I've been drinking Pepsi 40 years and could instantly taste the difference between the white and blue can. Don't mess with a legacy.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I got a sweet deal at my local Harris Teeter for some five twelve packs for ten dollars and so I got the new retro design Pepsi because I thought the new logo looked cool, in my opinion. Got home, threw one in the freezer to get it cold while the rest chilled in the refrigerator. I cracked it open as soon as it got cold enough and I was given the most awful taste I have even tasted with Pepsi. I've been drinking Pepsi since I was a kid and I'm twenty-two now and I'm calling ** on that, "Same great taste" on the front of your new logo. I would be along side the rest of these people telling you the different taste of it and everything but it literally took you guys giving me one can of this new crap Pepsi then when I took one sip I spit it out and about gagged on the smell of it after recovering from how awful it tasted.

The experience was so bad I've completely forgotten how it tastes and as I'm typing this I was considering taking another and trying just to give you an idea of how it taste for me but it makes my stomach roll at the thought of trying that, "Same great taste" you're preaching on the new design. I really hope you do a recall and address the problem with this awful Pepsi you've slinged like some corner dealer with high priced biker **. Like what the hell people. The thought of drinking another one of those cans is like me subjecting myself to drinking gray, hazy, mop water.

Original review: March 8, 2018

This NEW Pepsi SUCKS!!! I'm totally disappointed. I won't drink any more of it, and I've been a Pepsiaholic for over 30 years. Are you guys going out of business? Just because everyone else has changed their designs and product, doesn't mean you have to... You've got lots and lots of Pepsi fans, but you won't if you keep this nasty crappy flat crap. We want our old Pepsi back!!! Or we're all switching to Coke, then you will be out of business... Listen to the people. Before it's too late.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Why is there a horrible new taste with the new Pepsi can design?!? Been drinking Pepsi for 20 years and love it. Thought maybe it was a fluke with the case so bought 2 more from different store and they taste just as bad! Waste of money! They taste flat. I don't know how else to describe it. Why Pepsi!!?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

I am a lifelong Pepsi drinker. Loyal to the core. Couldn't get me to drink anything else. Something has dramatically changed in the past couple of months. There​ is no longer that hint of lemon that set Pepsi apart and it always seems to be mostly flat. Rather than switch to something else I've just been drinking water. It's healthier anyway. I loved my Pepsi the way it was and hate it now. If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT! Please reverse whatever it was you did and all will be forgiven.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I just bought a case of Mountain Dew and it is flat and taste disgusting. I paid almost 8 dollars for it and what a waste of money. I've been drinking this for a while now and maybe I need to change due to the disgusting taste of whatever you did to it.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I am beyond disappointed with the taste of the new retro design! I have been drinking Pepsi for 25 years and this is definitely different! There is no umph to it, tastes flat! For the first time ever, I am considering switching to Coke. I bought my first one tonight and it was satisfying in comparison! This is not the same great taste!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Pepsi Blue bottle to Pepsi white bottle (the same great taste) It's Not The Same! (Sorry guys and girls.) What did you change? I have been drinking Pepsi since 2002-3, I know it cannot be me, I am 66 years old and that's all I have drank is Pepsi. Always thought it was the best flavored soda especially when you changed to the solid blue bottles. I don't drink anything else but Pepsi, Why did you have to change the way it's being made? Something's wrong and by now you must know it with all the complaints. I find it to be too weak plain flavor, whereas before it had a zing to it. Good flavor, and the zing is gone. And the flavor got weak, after making my purchase at CVS recently on 5 bottles this is what I found.

Sorry to say but your other leading brand out there tastes better now. I am disappointed and for 20 years also of your product it looks like I am going to have to make the change. I hope you make a change back fast for I also liked the size of your large bottles too. When I see the large blue bottles on the shelf I will buy them 'cause I know it's the old stock that tastes genuine. I hope you get the message. Please change back the flavor.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I am now on my 3rd 24 pack of Pepsi with the white retro cans. They say, same great taste but it's not. It's flat right from the start. Even opening the can doesn't have the same umph. After it's open it starts to taste soapy. This is ridiculous. I've drank Pepsi every day for 30 years. They've done something to the recipe while claiming not to have changed anything. I will give it a try once the cans switch back but I think we've seen the last of our Pepsi taste. I'll be finding something made by Coca-Cola from now on.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I've been drinking Pepsi for years. I go to bed with a Pepsi. Wake up with a Pepsi start my day. I just bought a 24 case of Pepsi 2 days ago and it tastes horrible. I don't know what y'all did to it but take it back to the old Pepsi. It stinks. It's nasty. The color is unbelievable and the label I don't like it. Go back or I'm going to Coke products.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The ingredients read the same but when you have drank something for 30 yrs almost every day you know the taste and yes it is different with the new white retro label and it's total crap that they would so that to their customers and try to play off like they did nothing different. Not everybody wants that nasty artificial sugar and it's makes no sense why they would treat their customers like we are stupid and just won't be able to tell. I have sent 30 yrs worth of Pepsi to be tested and can't wait to see what the results will tell me as I am positive they will confirm my suspicions.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I bought a 6 pack of mini cans of Pepsi, been a Pepsi drinker since I was a kid, one of the cans tasted like chemicals, the color was off and the top of the can smelled like pet urine. I got sick from that one gulp. I took pictures of it. I am forever done with Pepsi. I bought at least 2 24 packs a week, but not anymore.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Back the end of November I bought 18 12pks of Pepsi while they were on sale. (You couldn't give them to me now) much less buy anymore. My complaint is that they had a horrible chemical taste and the cans smell like a combination of chemicals and gasoline when emptied. Not to mention what the inside of the can looks like, it's absolutely disgusting. After I looked at this site I called and spoke to someone at Pepsi and they said no other complaints had been made, sent me a kit to send them some samples and coupons for 3 free 12 pks. That's a waste because I have not drank one since and don't plan on buying or drinking anymore.

I was getting really nauseated in the evenings after drinking Pepsi during the day. Then I figured out why. No Pepsi no nausea. I have contacted an attorney and my local news organization. I am a consumer and not a statistic. It may not matter to them financially if I quit spending money on their product, but it will matter when everyone stops buying. You can call the company and give them the number on the box and they can tell you exactly when, where and the time they were made and canned. I had 8 12pks out of 18 that came from the same plant and that's the ones that were bad.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

So, when shopping Wal-Mart last week, I noticed that the only Pepsi I could find were in this new throwback design and I thought that was weird... But since it was all there was I bought it. I got home and tried it and I was disgusted by the taste. If I what you did, but undo it.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have recently purchased 4 eight count bottles of Pepsi. The packaging has changed so I doubled checked to make sure I was getting the right one. My complaint is it doesn't taste the same. I get a flat taste. You're losing a loyal Pepsi drinker.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Been a Pepsi drinker for 30 plus years on a daily basis. Never had a problem before but most of the two liters I buy taste like plastic. My opinion is that they are outdated and the distributor isn’t rotating the Pepsi's when they bring it in the store.

PepsiCo Company Information