3.34/5

178 PepsiCo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 15, 2019

Be aware that the bubbly cans from the strawberry line are exploding like bombs! We've had 2 bust open and both times our mini fridge door has blown open and had shards of metal in the door along with broken plastic shelves. Where the 2 cans busted are 2 holes that are the same size as the cans as they blew downward. This fridge was 2 days old and now has no working shelves as they've all been blown to bits.

All other brands of cans and bottles are fine so it's definitely an issue with quality control on Pepsi's behalf. Mind you, this is the first Pepsi purchase from us in 10 years as we don't drink soda and will never buy from them again. I shudder to think what would have happened had someone been reaching in the fridge (like my toddler) when these blew apart. I honestly thought someone had made a small bomb in the can, that's how much force it had. I have taken photos and sent to Pepsi although I am not expecting to hear from them.

Original review: April 14, 2019

We bought a 12 pack of the Regular Pepsi Minis at a Fry's store in Glendale AZ, the box was kept in a pantry at a cool temperature and the cans were not shaken but when we opened them, the top blew open in an explosive burst. The soda didn't spew out of the can as it usually does when the cans have been exposed to excessive heat or shaken. We still have a few cans left in the box. I love the size but I will not be buying any products that come in cans that particular size.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 5, 2019

Pepsi ginger taste like poison and pills with a little ginger aroma. (Couldn't drink too much.) Pepsi max taste like poison and pills. (Couldn't drink too much.) Pepsi Classic is still 5 star for me. Price went up again today. I may not buy it any more. Use to drink 2-4 bottles (500ml) of pepsi classic per day. I don't like it when the bottle is more than 2 Liters and I usually go for maximum 1.25L.

Original review: April 3, 2019

My husband and I drink Mountain Dew in the can and live in Daytona Beach, Fl. We have noticed in the last few weeks, every can we open no matter the date or different locations we buy them at, are flat. I have bought cases where half were ok then the last half was flat. Purchased some out of a machine at Walmart and the same thing. I thought maybe it was just us but I decided to Google it to see if I'm losing my mind and find out I'm not the only one. What is going on with the product? I hope that this is not a permanent change in the recipe because oh my goodness it's nasty.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have been a Pepsi customer for over 30 years. I recently bought an 8-pack of Pepsi Real Sugar 12 ounce bottles. This is my go to drink; however, when I opened every single bottle there was a pungent odor of alcohol. The flavor was horrendous - like someone mixed lemon lime flavoring with rubbing alcohol and just added the caramel coloring to make it pass for Pepsi. I opened every bottle in the 8 pack and there wasn't a single untainted bottle in the pack. Sorry, Pepsi, this is where I call it quits!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PepsiCo?

Original review: March 28, 2019

It has been over the last two years or so, but every couple of months, I will buy a 2 liter of either Mountain Dew or Pepsi, and it has an off taste to it. I usually end up with symptoms that resemble a stomach bug within a day of my 1st and only drink of these 2 liters. Whenever I get one of these, they usually have an odd taste, like the recipe is off or slightly dirty tasting. The next day, I will end up having pretty severe stomach problems that last for 2 -3 days! Anyone else having this happen in the last couple of years? Most recent example for me is today!

Original review: March 5, 2019

I don't know what's going on down there but it is getting sweeter and sweeter and it is now damn near undrinkable! Pepsi better do something about that. The prices keep going up. I'll just be switching to water.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I poured myself a glass of Diet Pepsi in a glass with ice and I tasted it and it tasted like poison. I poured it out and threw it out. I got the rest of the six pack that was left over and put it in a bag to take back to Publix to tell them and I noticed one of the lids had been tampered with so I’m assuming the one that I drank or took a sip out of have been tampered with with as well. I hope Pepsi will look into this when I take this back to Publix or if they see this to contact me while I still have them.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Mold in the bottle of G2 Lemon Lime - February 17, 2019. It was the second bottle from the 8 pack with an expectation date of 7-9-19. Bought it that week at the local grocery store along with 2 other 8 packs. I drank the first mouthful and didn’t really notice anything funky but I followed that up with another mouthful and could feel the slime or whatever in my mouth as I swallowed it!! As soon as it went down I coughed it up!! Checked the remaining GATORADE in the bottle to find that the bottle itself and the remaining fluid had a slime on it and floaters in the bottle. For the next 3 1/2 days I had a fever, chills, the sweats and uncontrollable diarrhea. From what I’m reading PepsiCo is aware of this people since I see post going back to as far as 09. The more I read this I kept finding more stories about the MOLD that they say it is.

Question for all of you anyone heard back from PepsiCo? Did they tell you what it was after asking you to return the product and did you get a copy of the lab test to see what we actually DRANK?? You know it funny. I looked up PepsiCo mission statement on their website. Nowhere in it is the word SAFE!! Guess they know something we don’t. THEY SURE KNOW THEY HAVE A PROBLEM!! The sad part they will not be held accountable for this. No real legal recourse that’s what I’ve been told and not worth the fight! PepsiCo one question. What are you going to do to make it right and SAFE?? And if anyone from the company would like to drink the rest of the bottle I GOT IT!!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have been a Pepsi Max drinker for more years than I can remember, buying at least 3x24 cans per month. This year, 2019, I have had to toss out March expiry date cans as they have no taste and resemble black soda water. I have replaced them with August expiry date and all is well. I had been told that aspartame was the culprit as the product did not last long under hot conditions, and we have had record hot days perhaps so. However, the product should be withdrawn from sale when this happens.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I have been drinking Pepsi for approximately 60 plus years and this last couple of cases that I brought tastes piss-poor. Where has the flavor gone. I threw it out. Not the original; don't like any of the others that you have on the market either. Please always have the original available and make sure that it is stated on the packaging that this is the ORIGINAL PEPSI.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Something has been going on lately at Pepsi. Every time I buy a 12, 24, or 36 pack I am not sure what it's going to taste like. Sometimes it's unbearable to drink, sometimes you can tolerate. It's not like it used to be. I have called in to complain and they always take care of me etc., but I would like to know how I can help them get it fixed. How can in today's modern world be such a variation in product. You don't see this with other products. I know what it is supposed to taste like. I even gave friends cans to drink and they all agree. I have enjoyed Pepsi for 30 plus years. I wish they would take some things seriously or I and many others will be quitting. Maybe Pepsi cut out some jobs or is going with cheaper ingredients or something. This stuff lately tastes like Cheap Cola from dollar store and the prices continue to rise. Pepsi probably does not read this nor do they care. Too big for the little guy. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I don’t know what’s going on but I have been drinking Mountain Dew daily for many many many years and all of a sudden in the last few days I have bought the 1-liter bottles as usual but they taste very strange... A friend of mine drinks the Diet and has also noticed it, we both have purchased from different places and notice the same thing. He also has drank it for many years, I have randomly asked a few other people if they notice a difference and they all have said the same. What’s going on?? I can’t stand the strange flavor and am sadly going to have to find something else now to drink.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

About 6 months ago, I purchased 2 - 24 can packages of Pepsi from Brookdale ShopRite of Bloomfield, Nj online. There was a sale and I try to keep stocked. I drank the 2-liter bottles I had and left the cans for a later date. About 3 months ago, I noticed something leaking and discovered that at least half of the cans were at least partially empty, many completely empty, even though the cans were still sealed and there was no apparent holes in the cans.

In fact, there was still pressure in them, since the familiar sound occurred when I popped the lid, even when the can was empty! I salvaged what I could, and put the remaining cans, (about 25) in a plastic bag and placed it in another spot in my home. After a week, other cans were leaking, and again, the cans were intact, with no apparent leakage point. A true mystery! I emptied the remainder of the cans, and have not bought any since. I shan't buy Pepsi in cans ever again! Have you ever heard of such a thing? I feel betrayed by a product I've been using over 50 years. I go out of my way to try and save money wherever possible since I'm retired on a pension, and I hate to waste money this way.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

73 year old always prefer Pepsi. In past with blind tasting I could tell the difference between Coke, Pepsi and Royal Crown. Preferred Pepsi then Royal Crown and last Coke because it was too sweet for me. Preferred beer in my older age but needed to drink less so went back to Pepsi and noticed immediately that it is not the Pepsi of old, taste is way off and not would rather drink plain Coke or just ice water. Would sure love to see something from PepsiCo that they are returning to the original recipe like Coke had to do years ago, and do it soon as hear PepsiCo is have financial troubles.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We provide our own sodas at this club. The bartender touched the flip top, the solid cover over the hole flipped up with a sound like a gunshot and burned her!!! It was awful!! I would like an explanation - a replacement. And an apology.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

For the last few years & from no matter where I buy Diet Pepsi, Wal-Mart, Rite Aid or any other place, I'm encountering more and more bottle caps that are unable to be removed. I just struggled with a 1.25 L bottle, even using pliers, & while trying, my hand slipped & slammed onto the counter. Now my hand is throbbing with pain & starting to bruise. I have been a faithful Pepsi consumer for at least 25 years, but now I will to find a substitute. With all your profits PepsiCo, why can you not find a way to correct this painstaking & customer time consuming deficiency.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I bought four cases of regular Mountain Dew in 12 ounce cans. I purchased this product at two different locations in Miami Beach one at Publix and another at Walgreens. Every single can in each of the four cases contained flat Mountain Dew. The expiration date on the packaging was mid 2019. Again, every single can contained flat mountain dew and from two different locations and two different stores. I am about ready to never drink Mountain Dew again. I have been drinking it for more than 20 years. Disgusting!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have been drinking Pepsi for most of my adult life… Daily. The last few weeks I have noticed that there is a taste and smell of oil to it all. I buy 8 to 10 (6 or 8 bottles per) packs at a time. My consumption has really slowed recently due to the fact that every time I open one I have the same experience. I’m hoping you’re checking water that you’re using very carefully, as I can’t think of another reason I would be having this experience. I find it hard to believe no one else is complaining of this. I’m finding myself drinking more coffee, even until the afternoon lately! I am missing my Pepsi… What is going on, or do you know?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Been drinking Pepsi for 30+ years, a few months ago I first noticed a can of Pepsi would go flat after just 20 mins of being open. Didn't think anything of it at first but every can or bottle I crack open lasts for maybe 15 mins until it's flat and disgusting. You either have to chug the entire contents immediately or it's wasted. Please for the love of God Mr or Mrs Pepsi fix this tragedy immediately or I promise you every Pepsi drinker in the world will switch to the dark side (Coke).

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I first noticed the big change in the Taste of The Boss Pepsi Bottles around 1999, I sent 5 back to the company. They sent me 5 coupons for 5 more free. I got them and they were bad too. So I quit buying those. But I have been drinking Pepsi for at least 50 yrs. And they have just RUINED the good Pepsi taste in ALL OF THE PEPSI BOTTLES. That's the only soda that I like. I loved Pepsi. But now I just can't stand it. It's terrible! Flat, no flavor, no fizz, NOTHING. It's like drinking nasty colored water! I'm gonna start drinking Coke or Orange. I have to give up that Pepsi name. Because now it's just a name... Not a real Pepsi. This has been changing for a while, little by little. I can't find a real bottle of Pepsi anywhere! I hate it. I hope they will bring the Good Old Pepsi Cola back.

WE ARE LOYAL PEPSI DRINKERS, BRING OUR SODA BACK! Why did they ruin it? I just don't get it. I hope it's not just a cheaper way for them to sell it. Everything's about money to companies. Well, to us Pepsi drinkers it's not about money. It's about TASTE. I have a Pepsi in front of me now, I keep hoping one of them will be a good one but they're not. None are any good. I'm giving up on them now. I have been wasting my money just hoping the next 6 pack would be the real thing. Nope, it isn't! But Pepsi companies don't read these consumer reports? So what good is it doing us to write?

At least I see that others feel the same way I do. I'm glad I found these reviews. Thanks you all. I had to google about Pepsi to find this. I couldn't bear the taste another minute. Well, soon the Pepsi co. Will be out of business, I'm sure. Because we are giving up buying fake Pepsi. Bring the real soda back. Or just close down the Pepsi companies! They're not worth a dime now.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Many years ago Pepsi used to go flat in an hour. Then they fixed it and it would keep its fizz for hours. Now it is going back to being flat after an hour. I thought maybe they were just old stock, but looking at reviews I see it is happening all over.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have been a loyal Pepsi drinker for years however for the last year it has changed, not for the better. I typically buy a 2 liter soda daily and my go to was always Pepsi. At first I thought maybe I was just getting unlucky buying a flat soda but it just kept happening. Sometimes the first drink would be okay then immediately goes flat. I got tired of wasting my money and have now switched to different products. I don't know why they messed with such a good product.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I have been drinking Pepsi ever since I can remember, it is the only soda I will drink. That is, until now. The first change I noticed was about 2 years ago, I was in my car and two cans, no joke, blew up like a bomb! The tops blew off both cans and they went from the back seat to the front like a launched rocket! This was not for leaving them in my car on a hot day either. When I picked up the cans I noticed immediately the cans were much thinner. So if anyone is out on a warm day with canned Pepsi I suggest you wear a helmet.

The second issue and this is a big one, is that I bought a 12 pack of Pepsi from the Dollar Store about 2 weeks ago. I brought it home, not one but every can was flat. I figured, Dollar Store + cheap soda-wont buy from there again. Just this week I went to Costco and because I have bought Pepsi there before I felt it would be a safe purchase. Nope. I bring it home and boom. It's not flat (yet), but it tastes watered down and within 5 minutes it's flat. Pop open another can. Another can is watery and flat. Please tell me Pepsi, that this is not how our relationship is going to end because that will completely suck. If you were a person I would say bipolar??

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

In the last few months I have returned 4-12 packs for being flat. Also have had three cans that the top of the can had separated from the bottom. I have come to expect 4 out of 5 cans to taste carbonated on the initial drink and then quickly go flat from there. The other can of the 5 is flat from the start. Having drank Pepsi for 45 years I am now looking to replace my go to drink.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I have been drinking Pepsi Max for years, however the cans I have bought recently just do not taste the same. Please, please Pepsi people will you revert back to the original recipe otherwise people will stop buying. I am almost 70 years old so I guess you have had a loyal customer for a long, long time so I know what I am talking about.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I'm 64 and have been drinking Pepsi since my teens. I am so extremely disappointed in the change you have made! I thought there was something wrong with my bottle of soda. It leaves a horrible taste in my mouth and maybe what finally gets me to stop drinking soda. So disappointed that I just purchased a 4 pack of 64 oz bottles!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Whatever PepsiCo did to Diet Pepsi it is horrible and flat. No other soda is this way. Even generic. I used to drink it exclusively from a kid but never again. I guess they do not care about their consumers because no one is going to want this.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Pepsi Max used to be my favourite low calorie soda, I enjoyed it as much as full sugar versions, I used to recommend it to everyone as much better than Coca Cola's equivalent, Coke Zero. I used to go out of my way to get Pepsi Max, if it wasn't available where I was shopping in the large 24 or 30 can packs I buy, I would shop somewhere else. However the last two 24 can batches I've bought have been horrendous! I bought one batch and tried 2 cans from it and was shocked, I assumed it was a dodgy batch. So I stupidly bought another 24 can pack from a different retailer. What an idiot I was, I should have got a single can, or small pack, because they were exactly the same.

VERY sickly, a nasty aftertaste, and a weird chemically lemon note to it, which makes it taste 'thinner', almost metallic, not as smooth. *MUCH, MUCH* worse than diet coke, which used to be my hated last choice of diet colas. Nobody that I've asked if they would like them wants them, they tried a can and said no thanks. I literally cannot give it away. It's not too much to say I'm devastated. I have a weird reaction to the chlorine (I presume) in tap water, but for some reason I can drink soda and fruit juice without my throat burning and lungs seizing up. So a nice low calorie Cola (my favourite flavour) was a Godsend. Coke Zero will now have to be my go to Cola.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I've been buying and drinking Diet Mountain Dew for over 20 years. The last 2 cases have a nasty metallic taste. I buy between 16-20 cases of Diet Mountain Dew every month for me and my family. I'm not sure exactly what has changed or if PepsiCo went to a new formula but the taste is horrible. I've read other complaints and reviews as to this same issue. I've been a loyal supporter of PepsiCo buying and drinking Diet Mountain Dew for over 20 years. If this is the new taste of Diet Mountain Dew then I will have to stop drinking and buying from PepsiCo. I really don't want to find a new drink but I need to drink more water and if Diet Mountain Dew stays with this new horrible formula then I have to make a change because I can't stand the metallic taste any longer. Coca-Cola here I come as your new client!

PepsiCo Company Information