2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

PepsiCo Reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I purchased a case of Pepsi Max (Pepsi Zero Sugar, new name) and first noticed the new can appearance, which looked cool. But when I opened one it tasted like a cheap store brand or Diet Coke. Not good!!! Go back to the original flavor!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I have bought a bad 12 pack of the 12 oz cans of Throwback. Pepsi already took my call, and even sent a coupon. Now a second from the Same grocery store, is spoiled. It smells a little of fermented and tastes of malt liquor. It just smells like it's spoiled. And the taste is pungent. Not so good at all. Anyone having this issue, recently? The second pack was bought on November 17. The first was on the 4th of November.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2019

The last couple of months I don't know what happened to the formula but it taste like a cheap store brand instead of a brand trying to compete with Coke. Until they go back I am done with Pepsi. I am going to miss that old Pepsi taste. Very disappointed consumer.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I have drank Pepsi for many years. I see warnings out that there is chemicals in it that can cause cancer. I love my Pepsi but have noticed that recently taste different and though I just drink one a day usually I am thinking it is better if I don't drink it anymore. I drink the Regular and Cherry favor and noticed a different taste.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2019

This year I've noticed a strange chemical taste to Diet Pepsi, in bottles and cans. It's ruining the experience of drinking my favorite cola. It's a taste that hits you right at the start of drinking it, please make this go away- I would even prefer the non-aspartame variety over this!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PepsiCo?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I drink a lot of Pepsi every day, more so since you started making it with real sugar instead of artificial crap and corn syrup, I drink several daily (yes I realize I’m addicted but that’s another story). Every once in a while I’ll get a can or a 12 pack that seems like it went bad, all I can taste is carbonated water, tastes like club soda or something. The expiration date gives no clues, I thought maybe heat exposure during storage altered the chemistry or something, but it was so rare I figured it was a fluke, until lately, I’ve had 12 pack after 12 pack this way, I open a can, pour it over my just right sized ice cubes and take that first sip only to spit it back out when it tastes gross. In the last few weeks I have dumped enough cans to total a case or two.

I’ll go to a different store and get a different 12 pack and have the same problem. This is really messing with my fix! I don’t know what causes it but whatever it is, it’s also afflicting the throwback my dew. Usually when it tastes weird I will drink something else to be sure it’s not just me. The last few times it’s happened I’ve substituted a real sugar Mt Dew and I have the same issue. It’s not me, my husband can taste it too, is there some weird thing happening to the sugar? Did you change your suppliers and get some bad ingredients?? Please tell me how to know if a 12 pack is going to be this way before I buy it, I need my fix and everything I buy locally, from different stores with different expiration dates lately is gross!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

My husband and I have been drinking diet caffeine free Pepsi for years. The 12 pack we just opened has a chemical taste to it. We bought at Meijer in Richmond, Indiana. Afraid to drink anymore. Saving the rest of the 12 pack in case the company needs numbers off the box or cans.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

I was about to start collecting codes for this, but in order to do that, I need to sign up. Problem is that this birthdate is in scroll form. Months, Jan. thru Dec., fine. Dates, 1-31, fine. Years, 1860 thru 1960, not fine! Folks, I was born in 1986. And Pepsi doesn't recognize the younger generations? It was built on the younger people who hate Coca-Cola and decided to drink and think young, okay? Try to set an e-mail to complain about that, and my computer want to use my GMail account on the e-mail app? To that, I say no deal! Do not use PepCoin! It's just another excuse to get people to get a PayPal account. I am giving this a failing grade. An F-! Nobody who was born in 1860 is still alive today. I'll still drink Pepsi, but I will not participate in PepCoin. Unless they fix the scroll issue.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

What is going on with Diet Dew? I've been a fan for ages but am considering not buying anymore. Lately, most of the what I've purchased is not fizzy enough if you don't drink it immediately, it goes flat- I end up throwing it out. One of the reasons I have loved Diet Dew is that I could leave the open can for hours and it would still be fizzy. At first I thought I must have gotten a bad batch, but this has continued for the last several months.

Original review: July 18, 2019

I drink Pepsi every day, really addicted to the drink. Yesterday I poured 2 new 2 liter Pepsi's down the drain. To be honest it tasted so strange, almost a medicine-chemical taste, I was afraid to drink it. Do not think I will buy any more 2 liters in fear of getting sick. Going to buy a 12 pack of Pepsi in cans and if this tastes the same I'm going to change caffeine brands.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

PepsiCo Company Information