1.17/5
Based on 41 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

PepsiCo

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 18, 2018

106 PepsiCo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I've been drinking Pepsi for years. I go to bed with a Pepsi. Wake up with a Pepsi start my day. I just bought a 24 case of Pepsi 2 days ago and it tastes horrible. I don't know what y'all did to it but take it back to the old Pepsi. It stinks. It's nasty. The color is unbelievable and the label I don't like it. Go back or I'm going to Coke products.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

The ingredients read the same but when you have drank something for 30 yrs almost every day you know the taste and yes it is different with the new white retro label and it's total crap that they would so that to their customers and try to play off like they did nothing different. Not everybody wants that nasty artificial sugar and it's makes no sense why they would treat their customers like we are stupid and just won't be able to tell. I have sent 30 yrs worth of Pepsi to be tested and can't wait to see what the results will tell me as I am positive they will confirm my suspicions.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I bought a 6 pack of mini cans of Pepsi, been a Pepsi drinker since I was a kid, one of the cans tasted like chemicals, the color was off and the top of the can smelled like pet urine. I got sick from that one gulp. I took pictures of it. I am forever done with Pepsi. I bought at least 2 24 packs a week, but not anymore.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

Back the end of November I bought 18 12pks of Pepsi while they were on sale. (You couldn't give them to me now) much less buy anymore. My complaint is that they had a horrible chemical taste and the cans smell like a combination of chemicals and gasoline when emptied. Not to mention what the inside of the can looks like, it's absolutely disgusting. After I looked at this site I called and spoke to someone at Pepsi and they said no other complaints had been made, sent me a kit to send them some samples and coupons for 3 free 12 pks. That's a waste because I have not drank one since and don't plan on buying or drinking anymore.

I was getting really nauseated in the evenings after drinking Pepsi during the day. Then I figured out why. No Pepsi no nausea. I have contacted an attorney and my local news organization. I am a consumer and not a statistic. It may not matter to them financially if I quit spending money on their product, but it will matter when everyone stops buying. You can call the company and give them the number on the box and they can tell you exactly when, where and the time they were made and canned. I had 8 12pks out of 18 that came from the same plant and that's the ones that were bad.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

So, when shopping Wal-Mart last week, I noticed that the only Pepsi I could find were in this new throwback design and I thought that was weird... But since it was all there was I bought it. I got home and tried it and I was disgusted by the taste. If I what you did, but undo it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PepsiCo?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I have recently purchased 4 eight count bottles of Pepsi. The packaging has changed so I doubled checked to make sure I was getting the right one. My complaint is it doesn't taste the same. I get a flat taste. You're losing a loyal Pepsi drinker.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

Been a Pepsi drinker for 30 plus years on a daily basis. Never had a problem before but most of the two liters I buy taste like plastic. My opinion is that they are outdated and the distributor isn’t rotating the Pepsi's when they bring it in the store.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I am not one to rant but I will say this short and simple.. change back to the original taste of Pepsi or I will change to Coke!! You guys have messed with the taste. It’s flat and has absolutely no taste... remember when Coke “changed their formula”? That did not go over well either.. Pepsi has always been my favorite soda but no more. I will not buy any more Pepsi until the original taste is restored... NASTY.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

I've been drinking Pepsi for years. It no longer has burst of carbonation when you open it nor when you drink it. Now it has a flat chemical like taste that lingers in the mouth. I also agree with the other consumers' complaints. My one and only favorite soda for carbonation and taste I no longer can find. PepsiCo what have you done? I also noticed you have added new flavors and changed logos. Why do this when you are not listening to us dedicated consumers. No one cares about a new look or flavors when the original Pepsi taste is disgusting. Your priority should be focused on getting the named sodas mentioned in the complaints reformulated back to their original taste. Why change what was already good?

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

My recent purchases of Diet Pepsi have been very disappointing. The taste has changed and it's not the aspartame. It is now some funky taste. I have bought several 12 packs and several 36 packs from a local BJ's and now I have this funny taste every time I open a can. What happened to the regular taste that had before? Why does it taste so funny now? You guys need to fix it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I'm a 73 year old woman who has drank Pepsi my whole life. I don't drink coffee or any other soda. Lately I have been unable to start my day with my Pepsi. Every cube, 12 pack and bottles have an unusual taste and have been flat. Have you changed the formula or what is going on. Maybe my little 12 pack a day may not hurt your overall sales but I bet I'm not the only person with this problem.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I thought at first it was my imagination and then I went online and discovered others have had similar experiences. I just checked the use by date --- July 2017 and August 2017... Wow, I just bought these and have never checked the use by date ever in my over 20 years of drinking Pepsi. So... is the problem that I bought 'old' Pepsi? I didn't know it could go bad... Never had this experience before, ever. I'm going to try to return the ones that I haven't opened. What a hassle and has left a 'bad taste' in my mouth-- in many ways. I'd love to know what goes 'bad' and if I buy the product within the use by date I won't have the issue.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I am truck driver, addicted to Mtn. Dew. Not a good thing to begin with, but as such, I buy 12 pks of Mtn. Dew in Mo, Il, Ks, Co, Oh, and In. Over the course of this year, it has begun to taste awful! Not sure what y'all changed but it is nasty. This last 12 pk tastes super carbonated with soft water when you first open it, then completely flat by the end. Tastes like it is watered down with 7 Up with none of the bite, with an indescribable aftertaste! Please change it back. I don't want to have to look for a new soda? But I will.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was a Coke drinker for years. Never drank Pepsi until I married my husband 15 years ago. It was a big change... Now I'm going back to COKE. There is something wrong with the taste. You might get a decent tasting Pepsi every once in a while. Now today I buy a cube that is horrible tasting. Would like to take it back but live 30 miles from town. What is the problem that it never tastes the same twice and no Fizz. Going back to Coke. More people than I have the same complainant. Fix the problem or keep losing Pepsi drinkers... but maybe you just don't care. You should care... without all of us Pepsi drinkers you won't need to produce it anymore.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I live in England and have also been a Pepsi drinker for many years. 3 weeks ago I bought my usual ten 500ml bottles from my usual shop. When I opened one I noticed it didn't seem as fizzy, and then I drank some!! I thought it had been 'tampered' with. Then I opened another, and another, but they were all the same. I took them back to the shop and found an assistant. He said, "I know, they're flat, I've had other complaints it must be a bad batch. Just go and get some more. Anyway, they were all the same. They also had the same 'use by' date so I wondered if that was it." I bought a bottle from another shop with a different date on. Needless to say, that too was the same. I seriously thought it was me, although as a friend said, "If you don't know the taste, no one does."

I too, look forward to my morning drink and feel lost without it - and through the day. I thought I'd look online and I'm glad I did - at least I know I'm not alone! But that's not the answer is it, What can we do about it? Incidentally, we don't have Morning Dew over here, what does it - or should I say, DID it taste like? Anyway, can People Power do anything to solve this problem?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Mountain Dew - When the cans were dark green, with the mountains on it, the soda was amazing and was by far absolutely the best. When you guys switched to this light green can, it tastes like garbage. I thought I was delusional until my work over the summer gave me another can of the dark green after a couple months with this light green can, and there is definitely a difference. Whatever you guys did, change it back. Lots of people have complained about this issue and you are losing customers fast.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Just opened a can of Pepsi and it had a weird taste to it. It's was like a chemical taste and also comes with a bad odor. I just hope I didn't take a drink of anything that will harm me. This has been by far the worst experience!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Last week, the week of September 17, 2017, I started searching for answers about why a strange taste has replaced the old tastes of Mountain Dew. I do not enjoy this taste at all. To me, Mountain Dew has begun to taste watery and muted. Dew used to always have a strong, well defined, entirely pleasant, bite to each sip. Now, I can tell something has changed for the worse. Over the years, I felt I could sense minute changes in the taste. In the past, the changes were noticeable but not so significant that they changed my opinion about Mountain Dew.

This last change or changes are a different story. I can no longer drink Mountain Dew with any degree of satisfaction. I realize that companies have to change the ingredients of their products as regulation changes and consumer demand for increased health and safety transparency grows stronger. While I know I should want this to happen, I also want to be given a choice in the matter other than simply not buying a product I enjoy. For instance, as I was writing this consumer complaint of sorts, I found myself feeling drained and thinking a Dew would be great right about now. Sadly, I find myself surrounded by Mountain Dew cans and bottles of different sizes but not a single "Dew" worth drinking.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I have been a Pepsi and Mt. Dew drinker for as long as I can remember. For the last 3 maybe 4 months their tastes have changed. The Pepsi doesn't hold a fizz and the taste is just plain flat. With the Mt. Dew the taste is generic and awful. Experimenting with classics is not a good thing, please change them back or I'll have to try a Coke...

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

For the last 6 months every 6 pack of Pepsi that I purchase is flat. One bottle may have a little fizz but it won't be there long. I do not know if they decreased the carbonation, changed the packaging or drop each 6 pack before placing it on the shelf. When you drink Pepsi every day this is a problem. Trying to get used to Coke. :(

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I have NEVER complained about any product ever. However, I have always (for years) kept Mountain Dew as MY drink. Lately I noticed that I never finish a can anymore, ever! It just tastes cheap. I will no longer buy it, not in protest or anything like that, but because I just don't like it. Why in the world they change successful products. I'm not a Pepsi drinker but it's apparently being done to the Pepsi drinkers too. I don't get it but I doubt the company gives a damn what we think.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Really Pepsi Cola? Pepsi in the last year has tasted nasty, also, it has no fizz. You sit it down, and go back to it, 10 minutes later and it's flatter than it was when I first took a drink. Your soda will not be in my buggy at my local grocery store anymore.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I have drank Pepsi for over 20 years. I love Pepsi!!! I look forward to my Pepsi first thing in the morning and lately it's tasted flat. The last 3 cases of Pepsi I bought were flat & I ended up throwing them away. I decided to buy 12 pks in hopes that one of them would be carbonated and also taste good. Out of the last 6 12 pks I've purchased all were flat & didn't taste good! I always check the exp. date too. Something's wrong!!! Can you please look into this & fix this problem or change whatever it is you're doing! This is very frustrating! I can't imagine changing brands of pop, but as of now I won't be drinking Pepsi!!! Thank you!

Original review: July 18, 2017

Mountain Dew no longer tastes like the premium soda it once was. It now resembles the taste of the knock-off store brands. What is going on here? Why should I pay a higher amount for a sub-standard product? This complaint is based on the last 3 bottles I have sampled, purchased from two separate locations. It seems to me recent taste changes are intentional. Well since I will only be using it as a mix for my whiskey, from now on, the knock-off brands will suffice.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I have drank Pepsi for years so I know what it should taste like. Lately, (and I mean in the past 2 weeks,) I have bought several different six packs of 20 ounce bottles which have each been flat and had less taste. I am so disappointed because Pepsi is my absolute favorite drink but if it's going to be flat I will not drink it! Has anyone else noticed this?! Because I cannot be the only one.

Original review: July 11, 2017

As of 2017 Mountain Dew no longer taste right. This company trying to save pennies on sweetener has killed mountain dew. I have drank mountain dew for years and now it's yuck. I bought my last case! Please change it back! Can number 1111TT062872.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I love (D) regular Pepsi - My mom is (was) a Pepsi-holic but I was telling her the other day how my Pepsi's didn't taste good anymore and she said "I know and I called them and told them about it too." LOL. Anyway Pepsi, please changed back whatever you changed because I can't even drink Pepsi anymore due to the new bad taste. I can see a lot of people feel the same way so something has changed and it would be nice if you all changed it back :) Thanks in advance, Sad use to be Pepsi drinker.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I am pretty much a Mountain Dew addict and have been for years. I am not a conspiracy theorist saying that the new can style means a change in flavor. What I am saying is I no longer enjoy the taste of Mountain Dew since the can style has changed and it makes me believe the formula has changed as well. To back that statement up, I recently went to a dated, hardly used Pepsi machine in my city and was surprised when the old style Mountain Dew can came out. I didn't think too much of it until I opened it up and drank the first gulp and it was like I hadn't had the real thing in months! The old style can had a totally different flavor than what I had been drinking in the newer styled can. I don't know what you did, but I don't like it.

I find myself still buying Mountain Dew in hopes of liking it still but the truth is I don't anymore and more and more I'm choosing drinks like Coke or Dr. Pepper instead of Mountain Dew. I think the new can look is fine and it’s cool to have a new brand image and whatever, but the drink is different and we can all tell and we are all dissatisfied. Now if you were doing something healthy to the drink that might be understandable but we've heard no mention of this and BVO is still in the ingredient list so what are you doing different?

Original review: June 25, 2017

My family has been drinking Mountain Dew for years, but after the last batch we bought we will no longer being buying your product. According to my family the Mountain Dew we bought taste awful! I have seen other sites with people complaining about the awful taste. I just want to know what do you plan to do about it? Because from what I've read if you don't you stand to lose business. Including ours. I don't know what you did to the formula but it wasn't a great move. Just my opinion. But who am I but a consumer. Thanks for your time.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Been drinking Diet Mountain Dew for years. Now, the aftertaste is AWFUL! Won't be purchasing another... ever. It tastes almost sour and soapy. Purchased from all different retail locations and even different sizes. Have found a few with the old formula, but won't be wasting my money searching. (Please bring back the old formula.)

PepsiCo Company Information

www.pepsico.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use