1.44/5
Based on 66 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

143 PepsiCo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

Thank you for switching that awful previous logo with the lowercase text. I was not alive when the retro design was used... but it is the graphics and logo I think of when I think of Pepsi. I don't know why that one stands out best... I hope you keep this logo this time!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Diet Pepsi has returned to aspartame and it tastes terrible. This soda formula sweetness quickly degrades, especially if it is stored warm for relatively short periods (a few weeks). Once it degrades the taste is flat and leaves a bad aftertaste. Pepsi needs to return to the sucralose formula and stick with it. I would buy 6-12 bottles/week when the Diet Cherry-Cola Pepsi went on sale for $1/bottle. Pretty sure no one at Pepsico even looks at these reviews, so it'll be enough to make my statement and cease to buy Pepsi products going forward. With the slow death of Coke, thank goodness for Diet Rite Cola!!!!

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have bought 4 6 pack plastic bottles and have 2 cases of cans. I didn't realize they changed the ingredients. It's awful and now I'm stuck with all this Pepsi I can't hardly drink. They need to change it back. I'm done buying Pepsi. Going to call the company tomorrow and see if I can't get some of money back. Threw a lot of it down the drain.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have had 3 cases of Pepsi since last Christmas. They were all the new "old" cans that are red/white/blue. This Pepsi tastes flat compared to the old blue cans. I will no longer be drinking Pepsi. Sure am glad it is summer when iced tea is plentiful. I have no idea why you would change the recipe, but I have noticed the local fast food places have canceled Pepsi and replaced it with Coke. Must have raised prices, too. Soda that tastes flat is NEVER okay. The instant it hits the ice cubes it is flat. I wonder who I can sell the last 1/2 of a case to? I will not be drinking it. I had thought I had just gotten some old stock, but no, all of it is terrible. After 60 years with Pepsi, I am no longer in Love.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I've been a Pepsi drinker since junior high -- way back in the early 80's. It's always been my favorite beverage, the sweet, smooth drink that made me feel better after a bad day. But these days the "Retro" Pepsi just ruins my days. I like the retro design of the cans, but the taste is horrid. Bitter, flat, and just plain gross. I won't be buying anymore until PepsiCo goes back to the old formula.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PepsiCo?

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have also been a long time fan of Pepsi products. I used to always have a Diet Pepsi in hand. My nieces even started calling me Bink (due to JarJar Binks on your Pepsi commercial lol. Yep that long ago). Well, the nickname stuck but... sadly I stopped drinking Diet Pepsi when you started messing with recipes. My niece called me up & was excited to tell me that the original diet Pepsi was back out on shelves. I immediately bought a couple cases. Oh man, my soul was crushed! It wasn't the same. I almost cried. I reluctantly went back to Diet Coke. What happened Pepsi? Hardest breakup I've went thru!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have been drinking Diet Pepsi for years, I have never had a problem with getting the bottle open, the caps are put on so tight that it makes my fingers sore. I think your machines should be adjusted. This is my favorite drink, so please make this right.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Bold-faced lie that it’s the same great taste. I’ve been drinking Pepsi for the last 30 years and have stopped drinking it due to the change. I hope that Pepsi changes back to the old recipe but until that happens I will no longer drink nor purchase Pepsi products. I currently find myself going to older stores with not so much volume to find the old cans or bottles to purchase, but how long will that last.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Since you switched to the new old style design cans from the blue cans, I will say this. The taste of the new Pepsi is gross and is nowhere the same taste. I am a long time Pepsi drinker (since I was 13) and you have destroy the true Pepsi taste that everyone loves. I don't know what you are using now, but you are losing customers because it is not the same and it's sick to drink them. You better listen to your customers or you going to be out of business because I noticed that a lot of the food joints are switching back to Coca-Cola and I wonder why.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I noticed the retro cans and have to say I like them! I stopped drinking Pepsi when the lowercase logo was used. I did not like the lowercase logo and did not know anyone who did like it. But since you released the retro logo I have been buying Pepsi cans in bulk. I will continue to drink Pepsi as long as you keep the retro cans. This is the can everybody identifies with when they think of Pepsi, it does not matter their age, for some reason that design has stood the test of time.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Pepsi changed its sweetener and it did not taste good. Last year they brought back the classic diet Pepsi. It was so good that was once again all I would buy and drink. Then the classic disappeared again. I was livid. So yesterday I found out that Pepsi was making the aspartame diet Pepsi its main diet again. I run to the store and buy 3 1/2 packs. I was so excited to get my favorite drink back. I got home and put one in the freezer. Got it out took a big drink and yuck the aspartame is in there but the formula has to be different. It even smelled different.

I am over it. I'm tired of Pepsi changing the product. They should put all their products back the way they were. They are going to lose even more customers than they already have and I have heard they changed the regular Pepsi and people r not happen ever is in charge sucks. They are handing Coke customers. I'm sure Coke thanks Pepsi if they don't put everything back the way it was. I will only buy Coke products and I will not buy anything associated with PepsiCo.

Original review: April 29, 2018

I am an addict. I drink anywhere from 8-10 cans of Pepsi a day for 20+ years. I drink regular Pepsi from the time I wake up until about 7pm then I switch to decaffeinated until I go to bed. My teen years I was strictly a Coke drinker. The “new look” can of Pepsi tastes horrible. It tastes flat. It tastes nothing like the Pepsi in the blue can. I have been waking up every single morning with a migraine from hell. The deactivated Pepsi still tastes great but I need my caffeine. You need to switch back. I’m getting ready to switch back to Coke. Pepsi is now disgusting!!!

Original review: April 28, 2018

Been drinking Pepsi for over 50 years. I am 70 and over 4 cans a day so that is a lot of the good old PEPSI and as for the new Pepsi in the red white blue cans I can't even drink one. It taste like cramp so if you are going to say same great flavor make it be the same great flavor, The red white blue shows love to the USA. Like that part but the taste is so bad I'll start drinking something else, until PEPSI starts listening to the public and give us the great old taste back. Some changes are not good. So go back to the old recipe.

Original review: April 28, 2018

I have been happily addicted to Pepsi-Max for years. Lately, it has tasted different. It tastes like soda water with no actual Pepsi flavor. It is horrible. I have decided after over a decade of devoted addiction to stop drinking it. I don't know what they have done to it, but it is wretched.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I've been drinking Pepsi for years. Suddenly I take a sip and dump the rest. It's nasty! I think real sugar is ok but the reg Pepsi is horrible!! You just lost a loyal Pepsi drinker. WHAT DID YOU DO TO PEPSI IN 2018?? YOU DESTROYED IT.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Agree with other users. I’m a loyal Diet Pepsi drinker and have been for many years. Literally almost the only thing I drink. I’ve started noticing that they taste different recently and are leaving a gross aftertaste. Never thought I’d switch but I can’t drink this!! Switching to water or unsweetened ice tea.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I've been drinking Pepsi for quite some time and as soon as this new design came out, I've been telling everyone that it doesn't taste even remotely the same! I am very disappointed to be writing this review because Pepsi is legitimately the ONLY soda I drink. I hate anything else. Coca-Cola does the job every once in awhile when I'm at a restaurant or something of the like. But it's nothing compared to Pepsi. I actually purchased Coke from the store this week instead of my usual Pepsi. Never in my years did I think I would make such a change. It's embarrassing to walk up to the counter buying a pack of this "new Pepsi". The can looks terrible and the taste is even more so. Everything each one of these reviewers have said is all true. The taste is flat, bitter, and leaves a terrible aftertaste. I'm writing this to officially say I am joining the others in refusing to purchase Pepsi until we get the old stuff back!

Original review: April 11, 2018

Drank Diet Pepsi with Aspartame for years and stopped immediately when they switched to Sucralose (too sweet, no lemon taste, flat taste). Supposedly Pepsi has returned to using Aspartame and is calling it "classic taste"! NO WAY!!! SOMETHING IS WRONG! It still tastes like sucralose & leaves a horrible aftertaste!

Original review: April 8, 2018

I've been an avid Pepsi drinker since I was 14 and I'm 35 now. It's all I've drank for years! And let me tell you as long as you keep the retro cans I will never drink another Pepsi! The pop in the new retro cans taste nothing like the Pepsi in the blue cans! I truly hope you guys listen.

Original review: April 7, 2018

The new white labelled Pepsi is either coming from the factory flat with or they're doing something different. I hope they'll listen to all the complaints and fix it, but I'm quite sure they'll never listen to us. Anytime a company changes their product its main objective is to SAVE MONEY. They accomplish this by making a change to its formula or by giving us less product. With the new tax plan and the savings these companies are getting, should mean they can give the customer a little break in one way or another. But I'm quite certain they won't and that savings will go to the CEO, and his/her butt kissers???

Original review: April 3, 2018

I’m not a big soda drinker but I do love some soda in occasion. And recently I had the Pepsi in the new retro can and it tastes like medicine. When you pour it into ice it goes completely flat. And I thought my taste buds were crazy but when I looked in the old ingredients and new ingredients (in retro can) I notice something different. They took out high fructose corn syrup. I think that’s why it tastes different. I think they took it out because high fructose corn syrup is bad for health but jeez we’re going to die one way or another.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I started drinking diet Pepsi this winter. Loved it, loved the taste. I've always drank reg Pepsi but I switched cause of my weight. I also changed to diet cause it was without Aspartame. Aspartame causes cancer...then I noticed a change in the flavor and realized it has aspartame in it again. I'm upset beyond belief after reading complaints about aspartame being removed that people were upset. I don't want to stop drinking Pepsi cause Coke sucks... I LOVE PEPSI but can't find the aspartame free soda anymore. What do I do? Thank you.

Original review: March 31, 2018

Whatever change Diet Pepsi has recently made is horrible. I have always loved Diet Pepsi. This current change is horrid. The new taste is flat, sweet, and so far from the typical taste I am considering ANY drink before it. Please reconsider this change!

Original review: March 31, 2018

I have been drinking Diet Pepsi since the 80's. Suddenly the taste has changed. I've bought it in 10 six pack batches the last two weeks to try to get a better taste and it is HORRID. I have also bought it out of the vending machines. I will be quitting this product if they can't bring the good taste back. It tastes syrupy and very weak.

Original review: March 28, 2018

Bold-faced lie that it’s the same great taste. I’ve been drinking Pepsi for the last 13 years and have stopped drinking it due to the change in recipe. I hope that Pepsi changes back to the old recipe but until that happens I will no longer drink nor purchase Pepsi products.

Original review: March 26, 2018

PepsiCo insists they haven't changed the recipe of the traditional Pepsi, while at the same time introducing a new retro can. It's now very flat and tastes murky, like stale iced tea. I poured a can of each (old blue can, new white can) into identical drinking glasses and there's an obvious visual difference. I just scooped up the last of the blue cans off the shelves of my local retailers. This will be the last Pepsi that I will ever buy unless a change is made back to the old recipe. Been drinking this stuff for 40 years. I can't help but notice the cans say "Same great taste" rather than "Same product" or the like. It allows for some level of deniability should they fess up at some later date after people stop buying. Pepsi entirely and move onto something else. What they have done is tantamount to corporate suicide.

Original review: March 19, 2018

I have gone through quite a bit of trouble just to write this review. Filling out ALL of my personal information to create an account, find and confirm email, check this box and another box. Evidently it means a lot for me to tell you that the new retro Pepsi is flat and terrible! Same great taste is an absolute lie. Please don’t insult dedicated Pepsi drinkers by continuing to make that claim. Awful! I really cannot drink this anymore. I googled just to find out if anyone else felt the same way or perhaps it was just a personal problem with my taste buds...then I found these reviews... My my my- please Pepsi- please stop.

Original review: March 15, 2018

The new Retro Pepsi can is cool but the taste is horrible!!! I have been drinking Pepsi for over 40 years and loved it! This new taste is flat and tastes more like Coke. :-( Please, Please bring the old Pepsi back!!! I hate it so bad I’m not drinking it anymore. I guess I’ll try Dr. Pepper!!!

Original review: March 14, 2018

New white can Pepsi doesn't taste the same as the blue Pepsi. Says it tastes the same as blue, but it sure doesn't. Bring back the blue Pepsi label and recipe now!!! I've been drinking Pepsi 40 years and could instantly taste the difference between the white and blue can. Don't mess with a legacy.

Original review: March 12, 2018

I got a sweet deal at my local Harris Teeter for some five twelve packs for ten dollars and so I got the new retro design Pepsi because I thought the new logo looked cool, in my opinion. Got home, threw one in the freezer to get it cold while the rest chilled in the refrigerator. I cracked it open as soon as it got cold enough and I was given the most awful taste I have even tasted with Pepsi. I've been drinking Pepsi since I was a kid and I'm twenty-two now and I'm calling ** on that, "Same great taste" on the front of your new logo. I would be along side the rest of these people telling you the different taste of it and everything but it literally took you guys giving me one can of this new crap Pepsi then when I took one sip I spit it out and about gagged on the smell of it after recovering from how awful it tasted.

The experience was so bad I've completely forgotten how it tastes and as I'm typing this I was considering taking another and trying just to give you an idea of how it taste for me but it makes my stomach roll at the thought of trying that, "Same great taste" you're preaching on the new design. I really hope you do a recall and address the problem with this awful Pepsi you've slinged like some corner dealer with high priced biker **. Like what the hell people. The thought of drinking another one of those cans is like me subjecting myself to drinking gray, hazy, mop water.

PepsiCo Company Information