1.11/5
  • 1 star
Based on 33 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 1, 2017

95 PepsiCo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I'm a 73 year old woman who has drank Pepsi my whole life. I don't drink coffee or any other soda. Lately I have been unable to start my day with my Pepsi. Every cube, 12 pack and bottles have an unusual taste and have been flat. Have you changed the formula or what is going on. Maybe my little 12 pack a day may not hurt your overall sales but I bet I'm not the only person with this problem.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

I thought at first it was my imagination and then I went online and discovered others have had similar experiences. I just checked the use by date --- July 2017 and August 2017... Wow, I just bought these and have never checked the use by date ever in my over 20 years of drinking Pepsi. So... is the problem that I bought 'old' Pepsi? I didn't know it could go bad... Never had this experience before, ever. I'm going to try to return the ones that I haven't opened. What a hassle and has left a 'bad taste' in my mouth-- in many ways. I'd love to know what goes 'bad' and if I buy the product within the use by date I won't have the issue.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I am truck driver, addicted to Mtn. Dew. Not a good thing to begin with, but as such, I buy 12 pks of Mtn. Dew in Mo, Il, Ks, Co, Oh, and In. Over the course of this year, it has begun to taste awful! Not sure what y'all changed but it is nasty. This last 12 pk tastes super carbonated with soft water when you first open it, then completely flat by the end. Tastes like it is watered down with 7 Up with none of the bite, with an indescribable aftertaste! Please change it back. I don't want to have to look for a new soda? But I will.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I was a Coke drinker for years. Never drank Pepsi until I married my husband 15 years ago. It was a big change... Now I'm going back to COKE. There is something wrong with the taste. You might get a decent tasting Pepsi every once in a while. Now today I buy a cube that is horrible tasting. Would like to take it back but live 30 miles from town. What is the problem that it never tastes the same twice and no Fizz. Going back to Coke. More people than I have the same complainant. Fix the problem or keep losing Pepsi drinkers... but maybe you just don't care. You should care... without all of us Pepsi drinkers you won't need to produce it anymore.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I live in England and have also been a Pepsi drinker for many years. 3 weeks ago I bought my usual ten 500ml bottles from my usual shop. When I opened one I noticed it didn't seem as fizzy, and then I drank some!! I thought it had been 'tampered' with. Then I opened another, and another, but they were all the same. I took them back to the shop and found an assistant. He said, "I know, they're flat, I've had other complaints it must be a bad batch. Just go and get some more. Anyway, they were all the same. They also had the same 'use by' date so I wondered if that was it." I bought a bottle from another shop with a different date on. Needless to say, that too was the same. I seriously thought it was me, although as a friend said, "If you don't know the taste, no one does."

I too, look forward to my morning drink and feel lost without it - and through the day. I thought I'd look online and I'm glad I did - at least I know I'm not alone! But that's not the answer is it, What can we do about it? Incidentally, we don't have Morning Dew over here, what does it - or should I say, DID it taste like? Anyway, can People Power do anything to solve this problem?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PepsiCo?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Mountain Dew - When the cans were dark green, with the mountains on it, the soda was amazing and was by far absolutely the best. When you guys switched to this light green can, it tastes like garbage. I thought I was delusional until my work over the summer gave me another can of the dark green after a couple months with this light green can, and there is definitely a difference. Whatever you guys did, change it back. Lots of people have complained about this issue and you are losing customers fast.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Just opened a can of Pepsi and it had a weird taste to it. It's was like a chemical taste and also comes with a bad odor. I just hope I didn't take a drink of anything that will harm me. This has been by far the worst experience!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Last week, the week of September 17, 2017, I started searching for answers about why a strange taste has replaced the old tastes of Mountain Dew. I do not enjoy this taste at all. To me, Mountain Dew has begun to taste watery and muted. Dew used to always have a strong, well defined, entirely pleasant, bite to each sip. Now, I can tell something has changed for the worse. Over the years, I felt I could sense minute changes in the taste. In the past, the changes were noticeable but not so significant that they changed my opinion about Mountain Dew.

This last change or changes are a different story. I can no longer drink Mountain Dew with any degree of satisfaction. I realize that companies have to change the ingredients of their products as regulation changes and consumer demand for increased health and safety transparency grows stronger. While I know I should want this to happen, I also want to be given a choice in the matter other than simply not buying a product I enjoy. For instance, as I was writing this consumer complaint of sorts, I found myself feeling drained and thinking a Dew would be great right about now. Sadly, I find myself surrounded by Mountain Dew cans and bottles of different sizes but not a single "Dew" worth drinking.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I have been a Pepsi and Mt. Dew drinker for as long as I can remember. For the last 3 maybe 4 months their tastes have changed. The Pepsi doesn't hold a fizz and the taste is just plain flat. With the Mt. Dew the taste is generic and awful. Experimenting with classics is not a good thing, please change them back or I'll have to try a Coke...

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

For the last 6 months every 6 pack of Pepsi that I purchase is flat. One bottle may have a little fizz but it won't be there long. I do not know if they decreased the carbonation, changed the packaging or drop each 6 pack before placing it on the shelf. When you drink Pepsi every day this is a problem. Trying to get used to Coke. :(

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I have NEVER complained about any product ever. However, I have always (for years) kept Mountain Dew as MY drink. Lately I noticed that I never finish a can anymore, ever! It just tastes cheap. I will no longer buy it, not in protest or anything like that, but because I just don't like it. Why in the world they change successful products. I'm not a Pepsi drinker but it's apparently being done to the Pepsi drinkers too. I don't get it but I doubt the company gives a damn what we think.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

Really Pepsi Cola? Pepsi in the last year has tasted nasty, also, it has no fizz. You sit it down, and go back to it, 10 minutes later and it's flatter than it was when I first took a drink. Your soda will not be in my buggy at my local grocery store anymore.

Original review: July 28, 2017

I have drank Pepsi for over 20 years. I love Pepsi!!! I look forward to my Pepsi first thing in the morning and lately it's tasted flat. The last 3 cases of Pepsi I bought were flat & I ended up throwing them away. I decided to buy 12 pks in hopes that one of them would be carbonated and also taste good. Out of the last 6 12 pks I've purchased all were flat & didn't taste good! I always check the exp. date too. Something's wrong!!! Can you please look into this & fix this problem or change whatever it is you're doing! This is very frustrating! I can't imagine changing brands of pop, but as of now I won't be drinking Pepsi!!! Thank you!

Original review: July 18, 2017

Mountain Dew no longer tastes like the premium soda it once was. It now resembles the taste of the knock-off store brands. What is going on here? Why should I pay a higher amount for a sub-standard product? This complaint is based on the last 3 bottles I have sampled, purchased from two separate locations. It seems to me recent taste changes are intentional. Well since I will only be using it as a mix for my whiskey, from now on, the knock-off brands will suffice.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I have drank Pepsi for years so I know what it should taste like. Lately, (and I mean in the past 2 weeks,) I have bought several different six packs of 20 ounce bottles which have each been flat and had less taste. I am so disappointed because Pepsi is my absolute favorite drink but if it's going to be flat I will not drink it! Has anyone else noticed this?! Because I cannot be the only one.

Original review: July 11, 2017

As of 2017 Mountain Dew no longer taste right. This company trying to save pennies on sweetener has killed mountain dew. I have drank mountain dew for years and now it's yuck. I bought my last case! Please change it back! Can number 1111TT062872.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I love (D) regular Pepsi - My mom is (was) a Pepsi-holic but I was telling her the other day how my Pepsi's didn't taste good anymore and she said "I know and I called them and told them about it too." LOL. Anyway Pepsi, please changed back whatever you changed because I can't even drink Pepsi anymore due to the new bad taste. I can see a lot of people feel the same way so something has changed and it would be nice if you all changed it back :) Thanks in advance, Sad use to be Pepsi drinker.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I am pretty much a Mountain Dew addict and have been for years. I am not a conspiracy theorist saying that the new can style means a change in flavor. What I am saying is I no longer enjoy the taste of Mountain Dew since the can style has changed and it makes me believe the formula has changed as well. To back that statement up, I recently went to a dated, hardly used Pepsi machine in my city and was surprised when the old style Mountain Dew can came out. I didn't think too much of it until I opened it up and drank the first gulp and it was like I hadn't had the real thing in months! The old style can had a totally different flavor than what I had been drinking in the newer styled can. I don't know what you did, but I don't like it.

I find myself still buying Mountain Dew in hopes of liking it still but the truth is I don't anymore and more and more I'm choosing drinks like Coke or Dr. Pepper instead of Mountain Dew. I think the new can look is fine and it’s cool to have a new brand image and whatever, but the drink is different and we can all tell and we are all dissatisfied. Now if you were doing something healthy to the drink that might be understandable but we've heard no mention of this and BVO is still in the ingredient list so what are you doing different?

Original review: June 25, 2017

My family has been drinking Mountain Dew for years, but after the last batch we bought we will no longer being buying your product. According to my family the Mountain Dew we bought taste awful! I have seen other sites with people complaining about the awful taste. I just want to know what do you plan to do about it? Because from what I've read if you don't you stand to lose business. Including ours. I don't know what you did to the formula but it wasn't a great move. Just my opinion. But who am I but a consumer. Thanks for your time.

Original review: June 22, 2017

Been drinking Diet Mountain Dew for years. Now, the aftertaste is AWFUL! Won't be purchasing another... ever. It tastes almost sour and soapy. Purchased from all different retail locations and even different sizes. Have found a few with the old formula, but won't be wasting my money searching. (Please bring back the old formula.)

Original review: June 21, 2017

All Mountain Dews Taste Like Cheap 50 Cent Colas. I have been drinking Mountain Dew for decades, since the 1980s. There is no doubt in my mind that as of 2017, the formula for this product and its spin-offs has drastically changed, and for the worse. Not only don't they even come close to tasting like Mountain Dew, they taste no differently from cheap knockoff sodas like Tropical Fantasy. They're nothing but corn-syrup-flavored carbonated water with a little bit of food coloring and some light artificial flavor thrown in for good measure. Another thing - the original line of Mountain Dew (not the crappy offshoots like Voltage and Blast, which are just as bad, but the first one) has a strong aftertaste of detergent. When I first encountered this issue I thought I had come across a bad batch, but I tried three more bottle and it was the same result.

It boggles the mind that a company thinks that they could change a formula as distinctive as this one and not have anyone take notice or care. Or maybe they've decided to ditch the older market that grew up on its soda and cater to a younger, stupider demographic that'll buy anything as long as it has colorful packaging and cheesy-sounded names ("Baja Blast," "Voltage", "Dew Fuel"). Well, PepsiCo may have hooked millennials on the swill it calls Mountain Dew but it's not fooling me and others in my age group. I'm switching over to knock off brands and urging everyone else to do the same thing. Let the millennials have its cheap-tasting fluorescent-colored soda.

Original review: June 12, 2017

I have been a Mountain Dew drinker for 30+ years. I recently switched to 12 oz bottles. Amazing at first. Now bottle caps are crooked, soda is flat, threw them out. Dissatisfied with 12 oz bottles, will NOT purchase them. Diabetic trying to stop drinking 20 oz bottles.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Lifetime Mt. Dew drinker... Supporter... Lover. Without any notice not only did the beautiful shade of green on the label changed. Someone was stupid enough to change the recipe for the original Mt. Dew. WHY in the world would you mess with a good thing??? The new recipe is disgusting. Haven't had my Dew since. So dissatisfied... So disappointed.

Original review: May 27, 2017

I have drinked Mountain Dew for 40 years and loved it. The taste has now been changed to something that tastes like Bubble Gum. I cannot stand this new taste and refuse to purchase this product as long as it tastes like it now does. Please change it back. Why did you mess with a great thing?

Original review: April 28, 2017

What went wrong Mt. Dew? After 33 year I'm done drinking it. The new formula is terrible. Still finding the old products in stores but my old formula Dew is running out. Fix the problem or prepare for big losses. Cause regular Dew drinkers are not coming back till the old formula comes back.

Original review: April 27, 2017

I am very disappointed with my soda experience. My parents bought a whole 12 can box of Pepsi. When I opened it, I took my usual drink and the Pepsi tasted so weird and disgusting. Normally it would taste so delicious but now it tastes like soap and something gross mixed in. Please fix this very gross problem! I'm already switching to Coke or Mello Yello.

Original review: April 21, 2017

Mountain Dew was always my go to drink when feeling sluggish... So to my surprise a few months ago when I purchased a 20 oz bottle it was the worst tasting drink ever. I thought it was just a bad batch... Not So! After purchasing a few different cans and bottles I realize the formula was changed. Why, why, why would you this to such a great tasting drink!! Please bring back the original flavor. This stuff tastes and smells like old, old motor oil. (Not that I've had motor oil).

Original review: April 5, 2017

Why did you change a good product. Mountain Dew lost its great taste. It taste like crap now. Very dissatisfied with what you all did to our favorite soda. Do it right or don't Dew it at all. Fix this problem and go back to the clean crisp great taste Dew use to have.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Why have you changed the formula for Mt Dew? It tastes like crap now. I have been a big Dew drinker for many years and I am highly disappointed that you have done this!!! I implore you folks to change it back if not, I will switch over to Coke's Mello Yello or some other company's version that is close to Dew. I don't want to have to do this, but you will leave me with no choice. Change it back!!!

Original review: March 2, 2017

This was my favorite treat. You guys seem to have changed the formula for regular Mountain Dew. You may not have announced it but we sure can tell. It has an obnoxious medicinal flavor that gradually overwhelms the flavor of the product; then bit sits in your mouth and makes you feel sick. It is so gross. I won't be buying it anymore and I'm tossing the stuff I bought.

PepsiCo Company Information