PepsiCo

Compare Food Products

Research top Food Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Really Pepsi Cola? Pepsi in the last year has tasted nasty, also, it has no fizz. You sit it down, and go back to it, 10 minutes later and it's flatter than it was when I first took a drink. Your soda will not be in my buggy at my local grocery store anymore.

I have drank Pepsi for over 20 years. I love Pepsi!!! I look forward to my Pepsi first thing in the morning and lately it's tasted flat. The last 3 cases of Pepsi I bought were flat & I ended up throwing them away. I decided to buy 12 pks in hopes that one of them would be carbonated and also taste good. Out of the last 6 12 pks I've purchased all were flat & didn't taste good! I always check the exp. date too. Something's wrong!!! Can you please look into this & fix this problem or change whatever it is you're doing! This is very frustrating! I can't imagine changing brands of pop, but as of now I won't be drinking Pepsi!!! Thank you!

Mountain Dew no longer tastes like the premium soda it once was. It now resembles the taste of the knock-off store brands. What is going on here? Why should I pay a higher amount for a sub-standard product? This complaint is based on the last 3 bottles I have sampled, purchased from two separate locations. It seems to me recent taste changes are intentional. Well since I will only be using it as a mix for my whiskey, from now on, the knock-off brands will suffice.

I have drank Pepsi for years so I know what it should taste like. Lately, (and I mean in the past 2 weeks,) I have bought several different six packs of 20 ounce bottles which have each been flat and had less taste. I am so disappointed because Pepsi is my absolute favorite drink but if it's going to be flat I will not drink it! Has anyone else noticed this?! Because I cannot be the only one.

As of 2017 Mountain Dew no longer taste right. This company trying to save pennies on sweetener has killed mountain dew. I have drank mountain dew for years and now it's yuck. I bought my last case! Please change it back! Can number 1111TT062872.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PepsiCo?

I love (D) regular Pepsi - My mom is (was) a Pepsi-holic but I was telling her the other day how my Pepsi's didn't taste good anymore and she said "I know and I called them and told them about it too." LOL. Anyway Pepsi, please changed back whatever you changed because I can't even drink Pepsi anymore due to the new bad taste. I can see a lot of people feel the same way so something has changed and it would be nice if you all changed it back :) Thanks in advance, Sad use to be Pepsi drinker.

I am pretty much a Mountain Dew addict and have been for years. I am not a conspiracy theorist saying that the new can style means a change in flavor. What I am saying is I no longer enjoy the taste of Mountain Dew since the can style has changed and it makes me believe the formula has changed as well. To back that statement up, I recently went to a dated, hardly used Pepsi machine in my city and was surprised when the old style Mountain Dew can came out. I didn't think too much of it until I opened it up and drank the first gulp and it was like I hadn't had the real thing in months! The old style can had a totally different flavor than what I had been drinking in the newer styled can. I don't know what you did, but I don't like it.

I find myself still buying Mountain Dew in hopes of liking it still but the truth is I don't anymore and more and more I'm choosing drinks like Coke or Dr. Pepper instead of Mountain Dew. I think the new can look is fine and it’s cool to have a new brand image and whatever, but the drink is different and we can all tell and we are all dissatisfied. Now if you were doing something healthy to the drink that might be understandable but we've heard no mention of this and BVO is still in the ingredient list so what are you doing different?

My family has been drinking Mountain Dew for years, but after the last batch we bought we will no longer being buying your product. According to my family the Mountain Dew we bought taste awful! I have seen other sites with people complaining about the awful taste. I just want to know what do you plan to do about it? Because from what I've read if you don't you stand to lose business. Including ours. I don't know what you did to the formula but it wasn't a great move. Just my opinion. But who am I but a consumer. Thanks for your time.

Been drinking Diet Mountain Dew for years. Now, the aftertaste is AWFUL! Won't be purchasing another... ever. It tastes almost sour and soapy. Purchased from all different retail locations and even different sizes. Have found a few with the old formula, but won't be wasting my money searching. (Please bring back the old formula.)

All Mountain Dews Taste Like Cheap 50 Cent Colas. I have been drinking Mountain Dew for decades, since the 1980s. There is no doubt in my mind that as of 2017, the formula for this product and its spin-offs has drastically changed, and for the worse. Not only don't they even come close to tasting like Mountain Dew, they taste no differently from cheap knockoff sodas like Tropical Fantasy. They're nothing but corn-syrup-flavored carbonated water with a little bit of food coloring and some light artificial flavor thrown in for good measure. Another thing - the original line of Mountain Dew (not the crappy offshoots like Voltage and Blast, which are just as bad, but the first one) has a strong aftertaste of detergent. When I first encountered this issue I thought I had come across a bad batch, but I tried three more bottle and it was the same result.

It boggles the mind that a company thinks that they could change a formula as distinctive as this one and not have anyone take notice or care. Or maybe they've decided to ditch the older market that grew up on its soda and cater to a younger, stupider demographic that'll buy anything as long as it has colorful packaging and cheesy-sounded names ("Baja Blast," "Voltage", "Dew Fuel"). Well, PepsiCo may have hooked millennials on the swill it calls Mountain Dew but it's not fooling me and others in my age group. I'm switching over to knock off brands and urging everyone else to do the same thing. Let the millennials have its cheap-tasting fluorescent-colored soda.

I have been a Mountain Dew drinker for 30+ years. I recently switched to 12 oz bottles. Amazing at first. Now bottle caps are crooked, soda is flat, threw them out. Dissatisfied with 12 oz bottles, will NOT purchase them. Diabetic trying to stop drinking 20 oz bottles.

Lifetime Mt. Dew drinker... Supporter... Lover. Without any notice not only did the beautiful shade of green on the label changed. Someone was stupid enough to change the recipe for the original Mt. Dew. WHY in the world would you mess with a good thing??? The new recipe is disgusting. Haven't had my Dew since. So dissatisfied... So disappointed.

I have drinked Mountain Dew for 40 years and loved it. The taste has now been changed to something that tastes like Bubble Gum. I cannot stand this new taste and refuse to purchase this product as long as it tastes like it now does. Please change it back. Why did you mess with a great thing?

What went wrong Mt. Dew? After 33 year I'm done drinking it. The new formula is terrible. Still finding the old products in stores but my old formula Dew is running out. Fix the problem or prepare for big losses. Cause regular Dew drinkers are not coming back till the old formula comes back.

I am very disappointed with my soda experience. My parents bought a whole 12 can box of Pepsi. When I opened it, I took my usual drink and the Pepsi tasted so weird and disgusting. Normally it would taste so delicious but now it tastes like soap and something gross mixed in. Please fix this very gross problem! I'm already switching to Coke or Mello Yello.

Mountain Dew was always my go to drink when feeling sluggish... So to my surprise a few months ago when I purchased a 20 oz bottle it was the worst tasting drink ever. I thought it was just a bad batch... Not So! After purchasing a few different cans and bottles I realize the formula was changed. Why, why, why would you this to such a great tasting drink!! Please bring back the original flavor. This stuff tastes and smells like old, old motor oil. (Not that I've had motor oil).

Why did you change a good product. Mountain Dew lost its great taste. It taste like crap now. Very dissatisfied with what you all did to our favorite soda. Do it right or don't Dew it at all. Fix this problem and go back to the clean crisp great taste Dew use to have.

Why have you changed the formula for Mt Dew? It tastes like crap now. I have been a big Dew drinker for many years and I am highly disappointed that you have done this!!! I implore you folks to change it back if not, I will switch over to Coke's Mello Yello or some other company's version that is close to Dew. I don't want to have to do this, but you will leave me with no choice. Change it back!!!

This was my favorite treat. You guys seem to have changed the formula for regular Mountain Dew. You may not have announced it but we sure can tell. It has an obnoxious medicinal flavor that gradually overwhelms the flavor of the product; then bit sits in your mouth and makes you feel sick. It is so gross. I won't be buying it anymore and I'm tossing the stuff I bought.

When Pepsi came out with Pepsi-Cola made with real sugar, I tried it when it first came out. I had gotten away from all drinks with corn syrup. I really enjoyed the taste of the Pepsi with real sugar, as did my family and friends. Now, for the last three months, everyone I know, including my family and I noticed a awful taste. To me, the taste is a mixture of Seven-Up with something else, but no one likes it. It is absolutely awful tasting!! This is the third time in a month and this bad taste continues. It does not matter which store I buy from, the awful taste is the same. This taste reminds me of when Coke changed their flavor. I have noticed the same end taste, just like Coke had. I am going back to my unsweetened Kool-Aid and will put my Splenda in it. Better for me anyway.

I've been an avid regular Pepsi drinker for 40 years. Even when a family member became branch manager for Coke, I never strayed. Recently bought 2 16 oz. bottles at Dollar General, really funky taste. Went to Chevron and bought 20 oz Pepsi and yummy. Bought a 8 pack 16.9 oz. Pepsi and ok taste. All bottles look same (size diff) finally noticed 16 oz., 200 calories, 16.9 oz., 210 calories and 20 oz., 250 calories. That's only difference but why does smaller one taste so horrible? Bottles look exactly same! I can't find answers anywhere. I get the calorie difference due to size of bottle but what's up with horrible taste?

I have just opened a bottle of Pepsi Max and quite frankly it tastes disgusting and I was wondering if someone tampered with it!! It tasted really nasty and that's putting it mildly!! It does not even taste like Pepsi Max! If this is how it tastes then I certainly will NOT be buying any more of it! I wonder why it tastes so bad, back to Diet Coke for me!!

I am a Pepsi Max drinker. I've been drinking it for years. Sometimes Pepsi Max is hard to find. But I go from store to store to find it. One of my favorite stores tells me that Pepsi Max is no longer available!!! I am very upset about this news. My store has a Pepsi sale going on now, I actually had to choose something I don't want. Pepsi Max is the only drink I truly enjoy. Then, on Pepsi's site I see that someone complained about it being too sweet. I had that same problem with other diet drinks, that's when I found Pepsi Max. I would like this person to do a taste test. You will find that Pepsi Max is the best choice! I'm asking PepsiCo to please continue making Pepsi Max. I know other people, friends and acquaintances who feel the same way. PLEASE DO NOT stop the production of Pepsi Max!!!

If anyone is a lover of Pepsi Twist/Diet Pepsi Twist you can order Pepsi Twist from Amazon. Unfortunately it is expensive. If you are a Pepsi Twist lover, please email Pepsi and/or call their Consumer Relations number. I was a Tab drinker for over 20 years then switched to Diet Pepsi Twist. After a short period of time Pepsi Twist/Diet Pepsi Twist production came to a halt! I was told by the manager of the local Pepsi Plant that the company lost money on Pepsi Twist because they had to dispose of a large quantity of Pepsi Twist that was out date. The manager said that the only size that was really popular were the 12oz can/12 packs but they continued to manufacture all of the sizes that Pepsi offered. As you can probably guess, the plant continued to have outdated product that needed to be thrown away.

It seems to me that only producing 12oz can/12 packs would solve the problem of product waste. That is what Coca-Cola did when they tried to stop producing Tab. The fact that there are consumers that love the flavor of Pepsi Twist so much that they are willing to pay over $3.50 per can makes me believe that the Pepsi company can manufacture Pepsi Twist without losing money. Their most recent addition to their flavors is Lime which I believe was available around the time that Pepsi Twist was produced. So far that new flavor is not available where I live just like so many of the flavors that Pepsi produces. The picture is the can that comes from Italy. That is where the Pepsi Twist that Amazon sells comes from! I give Pepsi Twist from Italy 5 stars. I only give the Pepsi Co 1 star for not producing the drink here!

Went last year this time around sept and the year before and this year same time of the year and boom lost my time and money again. Called them got some coupons. Was happy then we had our family get together and boom 5 out of 7 cases of dews bad. Called they would do nothing. Said they needed the receipts. Who saves them? ME NOW! SO THEY NEED TO RESEARCH THEIR PRODUCT CONTROL! Do your jobs people!!!

I've started drink Pepsi and Coke on occasion and the cans of Pepsi that come from store, warm, are awful. Whether you pour over ice warm or refrigerated them the flat stale taste happens quick. Small amount of carbonation when poured but that lasts 2 minutes. Coke is better so unfortunately bye to the Pepsi taste I remember.

We have enjoyed Pepsi for years. We were very disappointed In the last 24 pack of diet Pepsi we purchased at Sam's. The case was sitting on the lower shelf of cabinet when we noticed a puddle of cola on floor. As a result 2/3 of Case leaked. Read several reviews as far back as 1/2015. So why hasn't this problem been resolved. Corporate greed???

I was a loyal Diet Pepsi drinker for 40 years. Then out of left field Pepsi changes to sucralose 100%? No consumer input, taste testing or involvement. I tried it. It was horrible, having a long lasting aftertaste, no fizz. It broke my Diet Pepsi habit. I called Pepsi and was informed Pepsi knows best? They must have cut a sweet lucrative deal with sucralose to drop aspartame so quick.

When you removed aspartame because some people insisted on believing it is "bad" no matter what the scientific facts are, and replaced it with sucrose, I was not happy and told you so. I do NOT like the taste of sucrose, and now quite often drink Diet Coke because they were not foolish enough to bend to those who shout loudest. Today I read that a study published in the International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Health has conclusively shown that sucrose can cause cancer. The Center for Science in the Public Interest has officially recommended that consumers avoid sucrose. Now, will you take the horrid tasting and dangerous stuff out of my Diet Pepsi and put the aspartame back? I really don't want to drink Diet Coke, but I also don't want leukemia from my daily soda habit, so it appears you're not leaving me much choice.

When I was a kid, I loved watching their commercials and they got the big names in the industry to advertise their product. So I patronized their soda and all these years, the sweetness hasn't changed which I wished they changed. I drink Pepsi Max and I would say that it's just too sweet for me. The reason why anyone would drink a soft drink is to quench the thirst. Since it's too sweet, your thirst is not being quenched, you'll want for more. It's like you're drinking a choco soft drink.

That's why whenever I look for a soda, I'd look for Coke, if there's none, I'd look for Pepsi but I have to buy a bottled water too. I hope they revisit their formula and see to it that it will taste better and serve its purpose. If the drink is too sweet, any consumer would go for other drinks that are sweet. A soda should quench the thirst, that's why you have carbonic acid in it. You lessen its effect if you add too much sugar. Having good commercials help but it's the taste that really makes consumers choose a great soft drink. On the other hand, I like other Pepsi products that are not caffeine based.

PepsiCo Company Profile