1.26/5

163 PepsiCo Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

We provide our own sodas at this club. The bartender touched the flip top, the solid cover over the hole flipped up with a sound like a gunshot and burned her!!! It was awful!! I would like an explanation - a replacement. And an apology.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

For the last few years & from no matter where I buy Diet Pepsi, Wal-Mart, Rite Aid or any other place, I'm encountering more and more bottle caps that are unable to be removed. I just struggled with a 1.25 L bottle, even using pliers, & while trying, my hand slipped & slammed onto the counter. Now my hand is throbbing with pain & starting to bruise. I have been a faithful Pepsi consumer for at least 25 years, but now I will to find a substitute. With all your profits PepsiCo, why can you not find a way to correct this painstaking & customer time consuming deficiency.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I bought four cases of regular Mountain Dew in 12 ounce cans. I purchased this product at two different locations in Miami Beach one at Publix and another at Walgreens. Every single can in each of the four cases contained flat Mountain Dew. The expiration date on the packaging was mid 2019. Again, every single can contained flat mountain dew and from two different locations and two different stores. I am about ready to never drink Mountain Dew again. I have been drinking it for more than 20 years. Disgusting!

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

I have been drinking Pepsi for most of my adult life… Daily. The last few weeks I have noticed that there is a taste and smell of oil to it all. I buy 8 to 10 (6 or 8 bottles per) packs at a time. My consumption has really slowed recently due to the fact that every time I open one I have the same experience. I’m hoping you’re checking water that you’re using very carefully, as I can’t think of another reason I would be having this experience. I find it hard to believe no one else is complaining of this. I’m finding myself drinking more coffee, even until the afternoon lately! I am missing my Pepsi… What is going on, or do you know?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2018

Been drinking Pepsi for 30+ years, a few months ago I first noticed a can of Pepsi would go flat after just 20 mins of being open. Didn't think anything of it at first but every can or bottle I crack open lasts for maybe 15 mins until it's flat and disgusting. You either have to chug the entire contents immediately or it's wasted. Please for the love of God Mr or Mrs Pepsi fix this tragedy immediately or I promise you every Pepsi drinker in the world will switch to the dark side (Coke).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about PepsiCo?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I first noticed the big change in the Taste of The Boss Pepsi Bottles around 1999, I sent 5 back to the company. They sent me 5 coupons for 5 more free. I got them and they were bad too. So I quit buying those. But I have been drinking Pepsi for at least 50 yrs. And they have just RUINED the good Pepsi taste in ALL OF THE PEPSI BOTTLES. That's the only soda that I like. I loved Pepsi. But now I just can't stand it. It's terrible! Flat, no flavor, no fizz, NOTHING. It's like drinking nasty colored water! I'm gonna start drinking Coke or Orange. I have to give up that Pepsi name. Because now it's just a name... Not a real Pepsi. This has been changing for a while, little by little. I can't find a real bottle of Pepsi anywhere! I hate it. I hope they will bring the Good Old Pepsi Cola back.

WE ARE LOYAL PEPSI DRINKERS, BRING OUR SODA BACK! Why did they ruin it? I just don't get it. I hope it's not just a cheaper way for them to sell it. Everything's about money to companies. Well, to us Pepsi drinkers it's not about money. It's about TASTE. I have a Pepsi in front of me now, I keep hoping one of them will be a good one but they're not. None are any good. I'm giving up on them now. I have been wasting my money just hoping the next 6 pack would be the real thing. Nope, it isn't! But Pepsi companies don't read these consumer reports? So what good is it doing us to write?

At least I see that others feel the same way I do. I'm glad I found these reviews. Thanks you all. I had to google about Pepsi to find this. I couldn't bear the taste another minute. Well, soon the Pepsi co. Will be out of business, I'm sure. Because we are giving up buying fake Pepsi. Bring the real soda back. Or just close down the Pepsi companies! They're not worth a dime now.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

Many years ago Pepsi used to go flat in an hour. Then they fixed it and it would keep its fizz for hours. Now it is going back to being flat after an hour. I thought maybe they were just old stock, but looking at reviews I see it is happening all over.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I have been a loyal Pepsi drinker for years however for the last year it has changed, not for the better. I typically buy a 2 liter soda daily and my go to was always Pepsi. At first I thought maybe I was just getting unlucky buying a flat soda but it just kept happening. Sometimes the first drink would be okay then immediately goes flat. I got tired of wasting my money and have now switched to different products. I don't know why they messed with such a good product.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I have been drinking Pepsi ever since I can remember, it is the only soda I will drink. That is, until now. The first change I noticed was about 2 years ago, I was in my car and two cans, no joke, blew up like a bomb! The tops blew off both cans and they went from the back seat to the front like a launched rocket! This was not for leaving them in my car on a hot day either. When I picked up the cans I noticed immediately the cans were much thinner. So if anyone is out on a warm day with canned Pepsi I suggest you wear a helmet.

The second issue and this is a big one, is that I bought a 12 pack of Pepsi from the Dollar Store about 2 weeks ago. I brought it home, not one but every can was flat. I figured, Dollar Store + cheap soda-wont buy from there again. Just this week I went to Costco and because I have bought Pepsi there before I felt it would be a safe purchase. Nope. I bring it home and boom. It's not flat (yet), but it tastes watered down and within 5 minutes it's flat. Pop open another can. Another can is watery and flat. Please tell me Pepsi, that this is not how our relationship is going to end because that will completely suck. If you were a person I would say bipolar??

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

In the last few months I have returned 4-12 packs for being flat. Also have had three cans that the top of the can had separated from the bottom. I have come to expect 4 out of 5 cans to taste carbonated on the initial drink and then quickly go flat from there. The other can of the 5 is flat from the start. Having drank Pepsi for 45 years I am now looking to replace my go to drink.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I have been drinking Pepsi Max for years, however the cans I have bought recently just do not taste the same. Please, please Pepsi people will you revert back to the original recipe otherwise people will stop buying. I am almost 70 years old so I guess you have had a loyal customer for a long, long time so I know what I am talking about.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I'm 64 and have been drinking Pepsi since my teens. I am so extremely disappointed in the change you have made! I thought there was something wrong with my bottle of soda. It leaves a horrible taste in my mouth and maybe what finally gets me to stop drinking soda. So disappointed that I just purchased a 4 pack of 64 oz bottles!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Whatever PepsiCo did to Diet Pepsi it is horrible and flat. No other soda is this way. Even generic. I used to drink it exclusively from a kid but never again. I guess they do not care about their consumers because no one is going to want this.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Pepsi Max used to be my favourite low calorie soda, I enjoyed it as much as full sugar versions, I used to recommend it to everyone as much better than Coca Cola's equivalent, Coke Zero. I used to go out of my way to get Pepsi Max, if it wasn't available where I was shopping in the large 24 or 30 can packs I buy, I would shop somewhere else. However the last two 24 can batches I've bought have been horrendous! I bought one batch and tried 2 cans from it and was shocked, I assumed it was a dodgy batch. So I stupidly bought another 24 can pack from a different retailer. What an idiot I was, I should have got a single can, or small pack, because they were exactly the same.

VERY sickly, a nasty aftertaste, and a weird chemically lemon note to it, which makes it taste 'thinner', almost metallic, not as smooth. *MUCH, MUCH* worse than diet coke, which used to be my hated last choice of diet colas. Nobody that I've asked if they would like them wants them, they tried a can and said no thanks. I literally cannot give it away. It's not too much to say I'm devastated. I have a weird reaction to the chlorine (I presume) in tap water, but for some reason I can drink soda and fruit juice without my throat burning and lungs seizing up. So a nice low calorie Cola (my favourite flavour) was a Godsend. Coke Zero will now have to be my go to Cola.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I've been buying and drinking Diet Mountain Dew for over 20 years. The last 2 cases have a nasty metallic taste. I buy between 16-20 cases of Diet Mountain Dew every month for me and my family. I'm not sure exactly what has changed or if PepsiCo went to a new formula but the taste is horrible. I've read other complaints and reviews as to this same issue. I've been a loyal supporter of PepsiCo buying and drinking Diet Mountain Dew for over 20 years. If this is the new taste of Diet Mountain Dew then I will have to stop drinking and buying from PepsiCo. I really don't want to find a new drink but I need to drink more water and if Diet Mountain Dew stays with this new horrible formula then I have to make a change because I can't stand the metallic taste any longer. Coca-Cola here I come as your new client!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I took a swallow of Pepsi & felt something go across my tongue & down my throat! I look at the bottle and it has something nasty floating around in it. What the hell should do? Am I going to get sick, do I go to the doctor or ER??

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

56 years old-Diet Pepsi has been “my go to” for probably 40 plus years. Bought 2 cases, 5 minutes after opening each can, was FLAT as can be. Ok, thought I got bad batch. Purchased a 12 pack, at different store with different expiration date. Same experience! So, what went wrong? Aspartame? Wow, gotta say, so sad! Well, guess it is time to switch to water anyway. My doctor will thank you. I am sure Doctors all over the world will be thrilled if your product stays the same or your competitors will!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Pepsi has LIED with their Advertising stating "Same Great Taste!!!" Pepsi: The 'Same Great Taste' of Pepsi sucks big time. I have been drinking Pepsi since I was 5 years old. I am 64 now. I don't know why you LIED about changing the taste, but you did... I would spend well over $300 a month just on me getting Pepsi... However, My family (14 members) estimates they USED to spend over $1800.00 a month on Pepsi Products (their estimation, not mine), but are now buying from your rival. If it was your goal to drive away business, 'Congratulations', you did it!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I recently bought Pepsi. The can says, "Made with real sugar." I've been drinking Pepsi since I was a teenager (my husband works for Coke). I have opened 3 so far. They all have a weird chemical smell and DO NOT taste a thing like my beloved Pepsi. It is truly horrible! What in the world has changed?? I can't stand it! It tastes like some kind of poison, with a weird aftertaste. I hope someone sees all these horrible reviews and takes action.

Original review: July 26, 2018

We bought a 12 pack of can Pepsi tonight and one so far we opened is contaminated with poison or some type of machine oil. It smells retching like our horse's urine and is an abnormal color! We need a representative to contact us immediately please!

Original review: July 25, 2018

I would just like to say my experience with a 20 oz bottle of Mountain Dew was ridiculous. I purchased and went to my car. I tried many times to open it and it was sooo tight the process blistered my hand and broke the skin. So I traveled down the road a ways and stopped at a RaceTrac gas to get someone to try and open it or change it out. Fortunately the gentleman there was able to open it but not without difficulty himself. What a great inconvenience.

Original review: June 18, 2018

Diet Pepsi has returned to aspartame and it tastes terrible. This soda formula sweetness quickly degrades, especially if it is stored warm for relatively short periods (a few weeks). Once it degrades the taste is flat and leaves a bad aftertaste. Pepsi needs to return to the sucralose formula and stick with it. I would buy 6-12 bottles/week when the Diet Cherry-Cola Pepsi went on sale for $1/bottle. Pretty sure no one at Pepsico even looks at these reviews, so it'll be enough to make my statement and cease to buy Pepsi products going forward. With the slow death of Coke, thank goodness for Diet Rite Cola!!!!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have bought 4 6 pack plastic bottles and have 2 cases of cans. I didn't realize they changed the ingredients. It's awful and now I'm stuck with all this Pepsi I can't hardly drink. They need to change it back. I'm done buying Pepsi. Going to call the company tomorrow and see if I can't get some of money back. Threw a lot of it down the drain.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have had 3 cases of Pepsi since last Christmas. They were all the new "old" cans that are red/white/blue. This Pepsi tastes flat compared to the old blue cans. I will no longer be drinking Pepsi. Sure am glad it is summer when iced tea is plentiful. I have no idea why you would change the recipe, but I have noticed the local fast food places have canceled Pepsi and replaced it with Coke. Must have raised prices, too. Soda that tastes flat is NEVER okay. The instant it hits the ice cubes it is flat. I wonder who I can sell the last 1/2 of a case to? I will not be drinking it. I had thought I had just gotten some old stock, but no, all of it is terrible. After 60 years with Pepsi, I am no longer in Love.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I've been a Pepsi drinker since junior high -- way back in the early 80's. It's always been my favorite beverage, the sweet, smooth drink that made me feel better after a bad day. But these days the "Retro" Pepsi just ruins my days. I like the retro design of the cans, but the taste is horrid. Bitter, flat, and just plain gross. I won't be buying anymore until PepsiCo goes back to the old formula.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I have also been a long time fan of Pepsi products. I used to always have a Diet Pepsi in hand. My nieces even started calling me Bink (due to JarJar Binks on your Pepsi commercial lol. Yep that long ago). Well, the nickname stuck but... sadly I stopped drinking Diet Pepsi when you started messing with recipes. My niece called me up & was excited to tell me that the original diet Pepsi was back out on shelves. I immediately bought a couple cases. Oh man, my soul was crushed! It wasn't the same. I almost cried. I reluctantly went back to Diet Coke. What happened Pepsi? Hardest breakup I've went thru!

Original review: June 7, 2018

I have been drinking Diet Pepsi for years, I have never had a problem with getting the bottle open, the caps are put on so tight that it makes my fingers sore. I think your machines should be adjusted. This is my favorite drink, so please make this right.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Bold-faced lie that it’s the same great taste. I’ve been drinking Pepsi for the last 30 years and have stopped drinking it due to the change. I hope that Pepsi changes back to the old recipe but until that happens I will no longer drink nor purchase Pepsi products. I currently find myself going to older stores with not so much volume to find the old cans or bottles to purchase, but how long will that last.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Since you switched to the new old style design cans from the blue cans, I will say this. The taste of the new Pepsi is gross and is nowhere the same taste. I am a long time Pepsi drinker (since I was 13) and you have destroy the true Pepsi taste that everyone loves. I don't know what you are using now, but you are losing customers because it is not the same and it's sick to drink them. You better listen to your customers or you going to be out of business because I noticed that a lot of the food joints are switching back to Coca-Cola and I wonder why.

Original review: May 19, 2018

I noticed the retro cans and have to say I like them! I stopped drinking Pepsi when the lowercase logo was used. I did not like the lowercase logo and did not know anyone who did like it. But since you released the retro logo I have been buying Pepsi cans in bulk. I will continue to drink Pepsi as long as you keep the retro cans. This is the can everybody identifies with when they think of Pepsi, it does not matter their age, for some reason that design has stood the test of time.

PepsiCo Company Information