2. Shopping
  3. Bacon Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.80/5

Oscar Mayer Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oscar Mayer?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oscar Mayer?

Original review: March 18, 2019

I love the taste of Oscar Mayer bacon and the way it cooks up so crispy. It has a nice taste and I have been buying it for over twenty years. I would love if they would make another cut of bacon a little thicker than the one they have out now as their thicker cut.

Original review: March 17, 2019

When I cook up a package of Oscar Mayer bacon I know exactly what I'm getting. The consistency of each piece, as well as the flavor, are always the same: perfect! I can count on crisp bacon that is not too fatty coming from a package that cooks up evenly.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I only buy Oscar Mayer bacon, preferably thick cut, although I try to buy it on sale because it is more expensive than other brands. It consistently tastes the best, shrinks less and cooks evenly. I love it!

Original review: March 15, 2019

I have tried multiple brands of bacon but I always come back to Oscar Mayer wondering why I ever left. I find it always has good meat versus fat ratios, and it doesn't hide the meat up front and back it with 75% fat behind like some brands. I like its consistent flavor, and it's not as salty as some brands either.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I'm a long time buyer of OM thick cut bacon. In the last several months I no longer get thick bacon, even though it is printed on the package. I get a poor brand of bacon that is less than regular cut and shrinks a LOT because there is so much fat. Since Kraft foods has purchased OM the quality has plummeted. The taste has been affected as well compared to the OM bacon of the past. Very, very disappointed and will be looking for a different brand from now on.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Today we bought a three pound box of Oscar Mayer bacon. When we got home and opened the box the two packages in back of the front were 90% fat! I have never seen such horrible bacon in my life. We intend to return it if the store will even take back this garbage. So sad bacon cost more than chicken cutlets and 90% fatty white bacon. Not acceptable to even eat.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I have avoided eating food containing added sodium nitrate and nitrite for decades, because I have done a lot of research, and I truly believe added nitrates and nitrites are unhealthy and likely cause cancers. That said, I have been impressed with Oscar Mayer removing nitrates and nitrites from many of their products. But the other day, I bought some of their turkey bacon for a recipe, and after making a whole tray of egg bites with organic eggs and cheese, I realized that the turkey bacon contained sodium nitrate for curing. Bait and switch. Sodium Nitrates and Nitrites render a food non-organic, which should tell us something to begin with. Most commercial turkey bacon does not contain nitrates or Nitrites. Since so many people opt for turkey bacon to make a healthy choice, why would Oscar Mayer add Sodium Nitrate? Why do it at all when we are pretty sure of the dangers???

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I contacted Oscar Mayer about their 8 strips of "Fully Cooked Thick Cut Bacon" being paper-thin and tasting bad (tastes like salted greasy cardboard), 8 thin strips packed inside a big 50 cubic inch box. They apologized about the quality saying it was not to their standards but said nothing at first about the packaging and are sending a coupon. Their email didn't address all the empty space inside the box.

I had to ask again about the packaging. (The box the product comes in has a ridiculous amount of empty space inside, 50 cubic inches of cardboard and graphics around 8 tiny strips.) They replied a second time that "At this time, we haven't had enough consumer demand to justify the production of additional sizes of this product, but, if consumer interest increases, you may one day find this product available in other sizes."

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

We love the flavor of Oscar Mayer bacon. Lately, we've noticed a significant decline in their quality control. What used to be what I call "standard" sized bacon strips have now become bacon "strings". They're not even an inch wide. A couple weeks ago, I complained to Oscar Mayer (Kraft Foods) about their Deli Honey Ham being too salty to eat. They sent me coupons to buy more of their product. No thanks. I'm going to start buying the more expensive, but much higher quality, Boar's Head meats.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Oscar Mayer has always been the only brand of bacon I bought. I have noticed in this past year that the bacon has more and more fat in it. It has changed the taste because it has more and more fat in it. It doesn't even taste like bacon. I see that other company's are doing the same thing. I poured 3/4 cups of bacon fat from cooking from a 16 oz package this morning. That did it, I am through with buying bacon until not only Oscar Mayer but other company's stop with this poor job of butchering. I wish you would sell to the public the same bacon you sell to restaurants.

Oscar Mayer Company Information