2. Shopping
  3. Bacon Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5

Oscar Mayer Reviews

Original review: March 27, 2019

Oscar Mayer is a brand that I grew up with. Since I was a child I remember the name represented quality and wholesome goodness. As an adult, I've tried other brand for various reasons (price, availability, curiosity), but I have always return to the Oscar Mayer brand for consistency, quality and flavor. In our consumer products and services oriented society quality and value are # 1. The FDA ensures safety and consistency. The companies themselves are responsible for their reputation and variety. Every product I've tried for 40 years had been rich in flavor and the many other qualities that has made the brand a staple in my refrigerator.

Original review: March 26, 2019

I cook all my bacon in a iron skillet in the oven. It comes out perfect every time. I sometimes use the center cut and sometimes the thick cut. This brand always cooks the same, crispy and crunchy not fatty and stringy. This brand taste delicious.

Get expert buying tips about Bacon Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I love the taste of Oscar Mayer bacon and the way it cooks up so crispy. It has a nice taste and I have been buying it for over twenty years. I would love if they would make another cut of bacon a little thicker than the one they have out now as their thicker cut.

Original review: March 17, 2019

When I cook up a package of Oscar Mayer bacon I know exactly what I'm getting. The consistency of each piece, as well as the flavor, are always the same: perfect! I can count on crisp bacon that is not too fatty coming from a package that cooks up evenly.

Original review: March 15, 2019

I have tried multiple brands of bacon but I always come back to Oscar Mayer wondering why I ever left. I find it always has good meat versus fat ratios, and it doesn't hide the meat up front and back it with 75% fat behind like some brands. I like its consistent flavor, and it's not as salty as some brands either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Oscar Mayer?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2019

Bacon was almost all fat, impossible to cook. Product trashed. Why would a national company knowingly put their name on a product that is unacceptable? I will not buy another Oscar Mayer product. Hopefully others can avoid wasting their money.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

Say it isn't so! You have gone to the turkey bacon like everyone else has. It shrinks HORRIBLY and tastes awful. The whole reason I bought OM Turkey bacon was because yours actually looked like, cooked up and tasted like real bacon. Your new turkey bacon is AWFUL. I was willing to pay the price for your turkey bacon but not anymore. I'll buy whatever is on sale because now you are all the same. YUK I am so disappointed that you would do this to your loyal followers.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2019

I’ve been using Oscar Mayer bacon for years and this time I was very disappointed. First off the bacon when placed in the pan didn’t produce its own oil which is very weird to me. The bacon taste like old ham. It was very hard, dry, & weird. The bacon had to go in the trash and I spent about $8 for this pack.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I have purchased Oscar Mayer Bacon for 50 years. However; I will not get it again because it is now cut so thin and some packages have 80 to 85% fat. I just purchased 7 pkg and out of them 4 were heavily laden with fat and so very thinly cut. I buy the bacon and then individually quick freeze each piece so I can pull out only as many as I need at a time. The time before this purchase, I had 2# of bacon this way. Sad to say your product is not good anymore. It is very expensive which I did not mind paying as it was good and had none of these problems.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Not like it was years ago. I no longer purchase Oscar Mayer bacon. During the past year the bacon smells terrible, isn't packaged in even strips, is very fatty, and tastes bad. Additionally, the price is ridiculously high for an inferior product. Don't buy it even if it's on sale.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Oscar Mayer expert review by Jim Angelus

Founded in 1883, Oscar Mayer is one of the longest continually running meat companies in America. Its meat products, especially bacon selections, are easily found at virtually any food market.

• A time-honored brand: Oscar Mayer is a leader in the meat industry, and consumers know what to expect.

• A bacon jerky option: Those who love jerky and bacon have a reason to celebrate.

• Classic thick cuts: Oscar Mayer features a plethora of thick cut bacon selections, including hickory and applewood smoked.

• Other options besides pork: Oscar Mayer turkey bacon is reasonably priced and widely available.

• Uncured choices: This is good news for those looking to avoid nitrites.

• Best for: Bacon lovers who want a reasonable price, those who like making BLT sandwiches and those in need of healthy alternatives to traditional bacon.

by Jim Angelus Bacon Contributing Editor

Jim Angelus has 25 plus years of restaurant experience, and he brings this experience to his food truck. Bacon Bacon is a place where foodies and bacon lovers generally can find mouthwatering meals in a friendly atmosphere. Jim opened his food truck in 2010. It is now a popular bay area food truck and sandwich shop, open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch. Bacon Bacon has appeared on Food Network, CNN and Discovery Network. Most important to Jim, he has a successful business that allows him participate in the industry he is most passionate about and be home in time to put dinner on his family’s table.

Oscar Mayer Company Information