2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.9/5 (461 ratings)

About Nabisco

Nabisco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?

Original review: March 24, 2016

BAD taste and very weak on graham flour. 8th ingredient down the list of ingredients. Very bad quality. Like eating baby food compared to a good pizza. And they are made in MEXICO yet!!! Mondelez International owns Nabisco now. I have eaten Nabisco Grahams for over 40 years, but no more. The remainder in this box is in the trash.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2016

My wife just got home from a friend's... She ate a few of the Nabisco Honey Maid Graham Crackers purchased recently at Walmart. They smell like chemicals and made her sick. I've seen many other complaints about this. What is being done about it? I'm going to avoid Nabisco like the plague.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

I have been buying Pinwheels for years despite the high price. The best part of these cookies was the rich dark chocolate. Well, I recently purchased my first package of "new recipe" cookies. Today I took my first bite. It was the last package I will ever buy. The new chocolate has totally changed the experience of biting into a Pinwheel. Why oh why did Nabisco ruin the only cookie I liked?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2016

I don't buy cookies too often, but when I do, although they're very expensive, I buy the Nabisco pinwheels. The chocolate is horrible, what happen to the yummy dark chocolate? I could always see the tempting cookie in the package. Now I know why you can't see them. They look just like the generic. Why mess w/ a good thing? I was shocked to see the comments on your other products. Thanks for the warning folks!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

Purchased a box of Honey Maid Graham Crackers at a local Family Dollar store here in Concord, NH and all (3) of the individual packages smelled like acetone or maybe more like turpentine. It made me very nauseous!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2016

I have been buying a package of Pinwheels every week for years despite the high price. The best part of these cookies was the rich dark chocolate. Well, today I purchased my first package of "new recipe" cookies. It was the last package I will ever buy. The new chocolate tastes really cheap and has totally changed the experience of biting into a Pinwheel. I tossed them into the trash. Why oh why did Nabisco ruin one of my life's sweet pleasures?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2016

I had a similar experience with South Beach Diet bars which are made by Kraft. This prompted me to see if Kraft and Nabisco are related. They are. Kraft owns Nabisco. So the problem of foul chemicals in their products must be larger than they (Nabisco) is admitting.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2016

Nabisco Graham & saltine crackers - We have opened several new packages of both only to have my grandson spew it out of his mouth and we threw away several packages. The odor & taste were awful!

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

What happen to the Honey Grahams? I have noticed that over the last several years, the grahams have gotten worse and worse and now definitely no longer worth the price. They are dry, thin, brittle, so brittle in fact at least a 1/3 or more of the crackers are broken in the box. Just try and spread peanut butter on the dry old thing, it just falls apart. Then there is the flavor is simply nowhere as good as they use to be. The last box I bought was the last box I bought.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

Opened a box of honey grahams and was greeted with an overpowering chemical smell. Everything has already been said before me, just add me to the list. Turns out they were 8 months past expiration, but they should not have smelled like that. Looks like Nabisco doesn't plan on addressing this, as I see complaints have been going on for the better part of a year.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2016

I just ate a premium cracker and yuk! What is with the Sea Salt? I hope they still have the original crackers that I have enjoyed for many years. They keep changing their crackers... Stop doing that. Stay with what has worked for 100 years! If all they have now is with sea salt, I will switch to another company (this is after 50 years of eating these crackers).

Original review: Jan. 29, 2016

Stocked up on my kids' favorite mini bags of Oreos, Nutter Butters, Grahams, & animal cookies. THE TASTE IS PURE CRAP - tastes like HAY. We're not horses either! I'm of Hispanic descent & since you've shipped the jobs & products to Mexico you gave us HAY. It's CRAP, I will now purchase TRADER JOE'S.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

The Oreos in the package do not stick together. As in, the cream does not hold the chocolate wafers. Period. They fell apart right out of the package. The cream is not all the way to the edges like it used to be, it is a small dry island in a brittle ocean of bland chocolate. No clue what is going on here, but they also changed the Honey Graham crackers to a smelly flavorless piece of cardboard.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2016

The chocolate of the pinwheel cookie was changed and that was the main ingredient that made the cookie what it was. It used to have such a rich cocoa taste and now it's like a cheap chocolate. I won't continue to buy them any longer. I bought a package a week.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2016

Nabisco Crackers Box that I opened that are dated with Exp 2/16 smelled horrible. I took one bite and it tasted like some type of chemical. I spit it out and the box reeked of this smell. I have been reading all the complaints and seems no one has been addressing this issue.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2016

Opened a package, and the crackers immediately smelled rancid or like turpentine/oil paint. The crackers are within the use-by date. I remember these crackers being a favorite when I was growing up, but this is the second time recently I have opened bad Nabisco graham crackers. I did not learn my lesson last time, but will not buy these again. Hopefully I can find another brand. These smell disgusting and they would taste even worse. Product is from Mondelez Global LLC, Mexico.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

Chips ahoy reese's - Well they are good. The chocolate was good but you really need to add more peanut butter. There is barely any peanut butter in the cookies. If you just add more peanut butter it would be better.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2015

I purchased Honey Maid graham crackers with a horrible smell. I tasted them to find they taste as bad as they smell. They have left me with a burning in my throat that will not clear up. I contacted their customer service and reported the crackers. The operator claimed to have no knowledge of the crackers and proceeded to blame me stating I stored them in a place that must have picked up the chemical smell. I told her I just bought them. While on the phone with her, I found many of the same complaints. I read off the complaints to her, she still claimed to know nothing stating "I must have done something to them". She took my name and said an executive manager will contact me. No one ever did.

They smell like bleach or paint fumes, something I cannot pinpoint. I've not smelled anything like it. The smell is in each individual wrapped bag. The box does not have this smell, it is the crackers itself, each pack of them. Meaning they were made this way. Whatever is wrong with these crackers are being ignored by Nabisco. The operator refused to tell me if these were made in Mexico, the plant near the ISIS camp. So now I am very worried I will be going by the CDC with these crackers. Bar code :4400000459. The Plant: RJ 528622223:27.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

I used a new box of graham cracker crumbs noticing a distasteful smell. Thought it was no problem, made a pan of squares which upon trying made myself gag. Also tasted by my husband who had the same reaction. They left a very bad taste even after disposing of the bite. Talked to others. All having the same results. These crumbs are uneatable.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

This box of Honey Maid Graham crackers had a disgusting chemical taste and smell. My husband ate only 1/3 of a cracker and it made him feel sick for two hours. The pouch of graham crackers was still sealed before he ate it. I thought at first it might be because the crackers were past their "best by date", but then we opened the other two boxes of graham crackers that had the same "best by date" and those crackers had the typical sweet graham cracker smell that you would expect (but we couldn't bring ourselves to taste them after wondering what chemicals or rancid ingredients had been in the other box of crackers). The three boxes of crackers were purchased together as a Costco bundle; the disgusting flavor couldn't simply be from consuming the product beyond its "best by date" because then all three boxes of crackers should have shared the same horrible chemical smell.

I see that there are many other complaints of foul tasting graham crackers from this same company and that it was not a one time thing but has happened at least occasionally over a period of many months. This makes me worry about the quality control of Nabisco's Mondelez International manufacturing facility. We will not be purchasing Nabisco graham crackers again for a long time. The defective graham crackers had a "best by date" of June 18, 2015, followed by the code AE1G1 1318. The two boxes of apparently normal graham crackers had a "best by date" of June 18, 2015, followed by the code AE2G1 2205.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2015

The taste is off. I can tell this is a different recipe. It was changed quite a while back, but I am eating them today so I thought I should let you know... Not good to eat something that use to make me crave them. Now I will probably scratch them off my list of things to eat on a regular basis... Not good at all!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2015

My mother in law brought her homemade lemon meringue pie over for desert. She used the honey maid crumbs for the pie crust. She did notice a foul smell while cooking the crust in the oven. When we tried to eat it, the smell and even worst the taste was unbearable. We couldn't eat it, it had this terrible chemical paint like taste. Never seen anything like it before, totally disgusting. We totally lost confidence in the quality control of this product and will not purchase it again. Sold here in Canada as Christie HoneyMaid crumbs. Never again!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

I too, as have many, purchased Honey Maid Graham Crackers with a foul taste/odor. I'm a chemist and have worked in the food industry. This odor is due to rancid oil. Most polyunsaturated oils (like soybean, as is used in these products) are very susceptible to oxidation. The byproducts are not particularly toxic, although the smell is sickening, I'll agree. I notified Mondolez through their website, and all I got was a voucher for $4.99 to buy another package. How disgusting, not to mention insulting. Shame on these folks.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2015

Opened a package of Nabisco graham crackers to give to my almost 2 year old son. I noticed the expression on his face after taking a bite. I then took a bite myself. It had a horrible chemical taste to it, similar to paint!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

I have been eating these since I was a kid (45 years?) and just purchased a new package after finishing my last one. Got family size since everyone has been enjoying them lately. As soon as I put it my mouth, I wondered why it was so dry and bland I could hardly swallow it. I tried another as I figured it must be me. Where is the buttery flavor and flaky texture? This is not a Ritz cracker. This is like some cheap off-brand, trying to masquerade as a Ritz. Then when I looked at it I noticed the pale color and slightly oval shape!?! I guess I will return this box for a refund and not purchase Ritz again until I have been assured that Mondelez has learned how to make them...

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

I purchased a box of graham crackers in the red box today. I was saddened when I opened the package to find the crackers were in pieces. The few that were whole broke as soon as I picked them up. It is an outrage that a product that is expensive to the average person should be put out in the marketplace. Did I also mention that they also had a nasty after taste?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2015

Same as the other bad reviews of late of Graham crackers. I bought honey maid "Honey" which stated "8g of whole grain" on the box. Taste was horrible. Thought maybe it was whole grain or something until I started reading these reviews. I was afraid it had been poisoned or had salmonella or something and I might get sick. Terrible chemically taste and smell. What happened here - bad batch or something? Surely this is not what they mean to sell. I've been buying these for decades. This has to be a mistake. Brand Seal/UPC was 444630. Probably bought at Walmart or Target. Don't know where receipt is.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2015

Noticed many complaints about these on internet and no company response. The Honey Maid Graham Crackers "taste like paint" as hundreds have noted. Here is my guess: When Mondelez bought Nabisco, the factories came under pressure to increase production. This led to the flour being sprayed with pesticide so less had to be thrown out. Just a guess but it seems to me like the most plausible explanation. I challenge the company, which has been silent and has not recalled, to respond.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2015

I'm not sure if it is the packaging that is emitting the smell and affecting the "taste" or if it is the cookies themselves. I rarely eat packaged sweets and when I opened these, the smell was very strong. I tasted the Chocolate Mint first and immediately spit it out. I opened the "Brownie" and the same smell was there.

I had the Oreo brownie with a cup of coffee and the smell was so bad after I drank my coffee, I could still smell it on the rim of my cup. The smell was offensive enough to throw out both packs. What's up???

Original review: Sept. 27, 2015

The most accurate and fair thing I would say is that NABISCO in the factory somewhere put these crackers in a bag and ripped it and still sold it to us. There was no damage to the box, there was no damage to the seal that closed the box. This is all them. Look at the picture. I scanned it so you can see the bag on my scanner. Holes on the bag with no damage to the box at all.

Nabisco Company Information