2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.9/5 (461 ratings)

About Nabisco

Nabisco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?

Original review: April 7, 2014

Belvita Cinnamon Brown Sugar Cookies - There was NO flavor of cinnamon or brown sugar - tasted just like the Golden Oat. Very disappointing! The UPC CODE IS 44000 03193 0

Original review: March 31, 2014

I read the ingredients for Nabisco premium cracker rounds & found inverted sugar. Inverted sugar is a genetically modified organism. The human body is not designed to ingest these chemicals. I'm glad to have found out that Nabisco has joined forces with Monsanto in their efforts to poison as many people as possible.

Original review: March 27, 2014

Purchase these all the time. They are my husband’s favorite. The box we bought from our local Shoprite last week seems to have been mixed with no salt 2 packages were ok, 1 had no salt and 1 has very little. We are finishing the last package now which seems only slightly salty. Some coupons would be nice. We did eat the crackers but they were not what I set out to purchase or were they very tasty.

Original review: March 25, 2014

This once excellent product continues to slide in quality. This is the new premium cracker (the old one has been pulled from the market) has "updated qualities": gone is the raised brown crust with air under the skin; gone is the crispy distinctive crunch replaced with crumbly gritty chew; gone is the long standing just the right amount of salt to the almost gone salty taste; gone is its long stack due to the slightly irregular cracker replaced with an exactly flat shorter stack. In short, this brand can now count itself among the mediocre brands of crackers. What is my personal consumption? For the last 10 years: 1 - 2 boxes a week equals conservatively 60 per year 600 boxes in 10 years! My entire family considerably more. Nabisco needs to take a long hard look at this and bring back the truly original premium cracker before the word spreads!!

Original review: March 21, 2014

Our cafeteria at work, run by Aramark, has a soup station with individually wrapped crackers (2 pack). They recently started putting out the Wheatsworth whole wheat looking crackers, so I grabbed one. Took food back to my desk, opened crackers and before I could take a whiff, stuffed one in my mouth. WHOA! After 2 chomps, it came right back out! The smell and the taste are carcinogenic. If you have ever (don't judge, I'm a swimmer. It happens when some dink doesn't shower before getting in the pool) gotten antiperspirant on your tongue, whatever it was had the same texture and effect, although it had a different odor. I saved the wrapper and what I spit out just in case. I don't venture out much and allow others to prepare food that I eat, whether packaged or cooked, and this is why. Simply cannot be trusted because it just isn't important at all to them whether they give you oral cancer or what. They sleep the same at night.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2014

I am dedicated to buying the Nabisco Premium Salted Top Crackers. Last week, I went to our new local Walmart store to buy some of these crackers, and the shelves were completely empty. I will not buy any off-brand crackers as they do not taste as fresh as the Nabisco Crackers. So, to make a long story short, two days later I visited one of our other Walmarts to get some of these crackers and the shelves there were empty also. So, I found the manager and I asked him... Where are the Nabisco Premium crackers, your shelves are empty. He said, Ma'am it is not Walmart's fault, we have ordered the Crackers and we never received shipment because the company was out of the Premium Saltine Crackers. I asked why and he said he didn't know. So I am wondering where are my Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers... That's it. Where are they? Thank you very much.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2014

I've been borderline addicted to Triscuits, and many of their iterations of flavored crackers for over 12 years. But the past few boxes have yielded stale, often unseasoned crackers, and mostly broken crackers. I am SO disappointed! I went to try to give them feedback on the Nabisco website, looked up Triscuits, and got sent to "Mondelez International" website. There is no place to give feedback or submit a complaint. Now that I've found this website, I understand why things have "gone south" with their product (pardon the pun). It seems they've sent manufacturing to Mexico, and the company responsible for distribution is in Canada. Apparently they do not offer a consumer affairs department like we would here in the U.S. There are plenty of flaws in our country's business schematic, but one thing we do well (based on capitalism and consumer demand) is customer service. Guess I'll have to find a new cracker... sigh.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2014

I recently bought a box of the new Nabisco Premium Saltine (Original) Rounds and was so surprised at the poor quality of them. I noticed another review saying one of their products tasted like cardboard... Well, that is a pretty good description for how the rounds tasted to me... very little flavor, thick, and not crispy. I had actually noticed the last few boxes I had bought of regular Nabisco Saltines weren't as good as they used to be, but I thought it was probably just me. I've only bought the Nabisco crackers for years and years because no other saltine was as crispy or tasted as good to me. But I can't say that anymore.

I was going to email the company to let them know how I felt but couldn't find their email address on the box, so I did a search online and came across this review website. I also tried calling them but got a busy signal. The box that I purchased did not say that they are made in Mexico, but it gives an address in NJ. It doesn't say they are made there, though, so maybe that is where they have their US offices.

My husband recently bought a bag of generic oyster crackers from our small, local, discount store and they are amazing... very crispy and taste great! The price was so much less and I've also noticed that most, if not all, of the products (at least all the ones that I've checked) at these small discount stores are products that are MADE IN AMERICA! I've been doing more and more of my shopping in these stores and am extremely satisfied. Looks like I'll be doing a lot more shopping there from now on!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2014

Attention to everyone who loves Nabisco products. Nabisco is shipping all their product to Mexico. They already start 2 yrs ago with Graham Crackers and Fig Newtons and now they're shipping everything. Please help Americans keep their jobs by boycotting all Nabisco products ... Nabisco never let you down with a great taste till now. it all has to do certain ingredients being cut and where its made.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2014

Bought Ritz Fresh Stacks. Label states they were made in Mexico by a company named Mondelez International. Googled them and went to their web site. They apparently own many, many brands of which Nabisco is one of them. The Ritz did not taste as older ones did. Looked on a box of Nabisco Premium Crackers and could not find a listing as to where they are made but does have the Mondelez name on the label.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2014

Opened a brand new box of Wheat Thins from Walmart, yesterday. Always eat them. Loved them. After only a few, I pulled out a long string of connected chips. The material connecting them is something like a wire or fishing line. Thicker than dental floss. It appears to be embedded in the chips themselves. The chips have a distinct strange texture (as though they were pulled off of something). I reported it to Nabisco who sent me a message stating they have "strict policies" and "would like to send some coupons for another purchase of any of" our Nabisco products. UMM, pass. Think maybe someone should look at these issues instead of brushing it under the carpet.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2014

Nabisco Premium Saltine Crackers. It reminds of when Coca Cola introduced New Coke years ago. It was like soft drink sacrilege. But these crackers. I've been eating them since childhood. They taste like they used the flour FROM my childhood. Yeah, they taste old... and something else I can't quite put my finger on. These are supposed to be THE crackers. Like another contributor said, “Where's the quality control?” Want to taste a good cracker? Try Kroger's generic crackers. Walmart's generic are good too. These should be up at the top of American tradition: Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie, Chevrolet and Premium Saltines... but no! In the immortal words of Gomer Pyle - Shame! Shame! Shame!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2014

In December 2013, I bought two boxes of Nabisco's Honey Maid Low Fat Honey Graham Crackers, expiration date 27 Mar 14, from our local Publix. In the first box, ALL the sleeves of crackers tastes like flavored cardboard and were inedible after one bite. The second box is unopened. What a waste!! TOTALLY ruined the S'mores Night we had planned on the last night of our daughters' holiday vacation. >:-(

Original review: Jan. 20, 2014

Words just can not express the anger I feel. First, NABISCO springs this new cracker on us & then to get us to still buy the crackers they straight LIE to us by saying that this new "imposter cracker" has the same great taste when it is FAR from the same taste or texture. There is NOTHING tasty about this "new" cracker. It is bland and you can't taste the sea salt on them anymore (which is a main reason we loved the previous version). The crackers in pack are free and loose, leaving them to rub against each other more often causing the salt to fall to the bottom of the pack and so they are "naked" by the time they get to your bowl.

In a sleeve, they are more confined and stay in one place. Plus, it's just not the same as busting open the sleeve. At least they could have sleeved them (Ritz can do it). There's a saying that is SO true in this case..... "If it isn't broken, don't try & fix it!!!" This WAS a cracker that we loved in this home, but now it's just a cracker-less sad soup night. I refuse to buy any other brand of crackers, BUT we can't have cracker-less soup nights forever. We may just have to switch cracker companies..... That is if NABISCO doesn't fix their gigantic mistake of changing up the crackers. Nabisco should have never tried to be the "cool" company by creating a new exciting product they thought would boost sales!

If they wanted a new look for some product, they should have done so with new ingredients and a totally new cracker. Instead, they mess with a perfectly good cracker & its just none sense! I can't even count the MANY conversations I have had about this cracker switch up with family members, friends & random people on the cracker isle at the grocery. Everyone's upset about it too, which in return is going to lower sales (or so I hope, so they will bring back our older style & taste cracker). NOT COOL NABISCO, not cool! I would have chosen 2 stars for just being dissatisfied, but like I said, I am angry about the cracker switch!!!!! ANGRY!!!! We are FAR from health nuts, but this grain cracker with sea salt was soooo good. Way better than the original. I refuse to eat the original; honestly, the new crackers taste a lot like the the original. Bland. BRING BACK THAT GREAT TASTING CRACKER WITH SEA SALT!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2013

Our boss brought in a cheese ball and some of the Nabisco crackers. I noticed a smell in the room but I didn't think it was the crackers. I took a few and sat down to eat them. They were horrible, smelled like plastic or chemicals. My tongue now burns and my right cheek from where the cracker was in my mouth. I threw out the opened sleeve and took the rest back to my boss and told her not to eat them and go get her money back. Worried not that they will make me sick.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2013

Yesterday, we opened a box of Premium Original Saltines, purchased on 11/18/13. The first sleeve we opened reeked of melted wax or plastic or rubber or something. It was VERY strong. A few of the crackers had a "burn" mark running through the middle of them. My daughter took a bite of one and said it tasted awful. Needless to say, I told the family not to eat any of them. The whole box smells like chemicals, even when we get close to it. What happened to these crackers? The number on the box is 06May14AZ201 19:12, purchased at a Giant food store in Pennsylvania.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2013

Premium Saltines Bad Tasting! What did you do to these crackers! These crackers are foul and off tasting--DON'T THINK WE DON'T NOTICE IT!! We have been fans of these crackers for YEARS! Obviously, we will not be buying these anymore, so please do NOT send us any coupons. You got cheap and you can taste the poor quality. Shame on you, hate to think what was in these crackers.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2013

Bring back the multigrain crackers! Just based on taste alone if you were to serve whole wheat and multigrain side by side in a blind taste test, multigrain would win hands down. Don't you do a survey of the Nabisco employees before making these stupid mistakes? Give the president's wife a box of all three and see which one she serves to their dinner party friends. Then the president can step down, realizing he is incompetent.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2013

I purchased my Oreos from a local Acme store and the cookies have a terrible taste. I am an Oreo customer for most of my 59 years and these cookies are the worst I have ever had. There is something seriously wrong with the quality control on this batch. The brand seal has the following numbers... 4400003202 and 04050022775100. The date is 21APR14 AE2052 21:08. I can assure you that I am an Oreo expert and these cookies are really bad. I have never complained before even though I have had some in the past that did not meet your or my standard. But these are bad.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2013

I purchased a second box of Ritz crackers because I thought that I had gotten crackers that were stale and crushed in the first box. Much to my dismay, the SECOND box was the SAME as the first. The taste was horrible and did not taste the same as they did last year. Ritz crackers used to be a dark golden color with a crispy texture. These were soft and crumbly - the taste is indescribable. I promptly returned them to the store. I began to wonder if my experience was unique so today I decided to Google "Ritz" to see if other people were having the same. This inspired me to write a review. I will NEVER purchase Ritz crackers again. Town House crackers is on my shopping list.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2013

After having one cracker from a box of Wheat Thins this past weekend, I was so revolted I spit it on to the ground. The consistency of cardboard and worse, a strong taste of chemicals. After first, I thought maybe it was just that Wheat Thins taste different in the United States as I had been eating Wheat Thins at my parents' home in Canada the weekend before and they tasted great, same as they always have. But no, of course, there are multiple complaints here because NOBODY would be willing to eat food that tastes like that because this IS NOT food. This tastes like poison. I was so angry that a company would allow people to put this in their mouths, I immediately wanted to call the head office, the FDA, Consumer Affairs, etc...

Why would Nabisco allow consumers to eat this? Where is your quality control? I have been living in the United States for 10 years now, and I have been hearing a lot about the food quality going downhill with additives, preservatives, pesticides, big agriculture and whatnot... but this is ridiculous. Food that tastes like this should not be allowed on the shelves. At the very least, I hope these products and manufacturing practices aren't adopted in Canada and I will be taking this product to get tested at a lab and calling the FDA as well.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2013

I have been buying these crackers for the last three months and now I will not buy Nabisco crackers again. They are always broken up in crumbs. I don't buy crackers for crumbs. The boxes are not dented or smashed but inside, each box is. I brought them back to the store. The store manager asked me to open the new box before leaving the store. It was the same way. We opened 3 boxes. This is a problem at your plant in packaging these crackers. I hate this very much and I am sure this is happening to so many others out there but they just don't complain. It is so sad that many people accept this. I will not buy another Ritz cracker again. I am done. It is the worst yet with such a big company and someone does not do an inspection on these places.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2013

Opened a box of Nabisco Saltine Crackers today and was hit with a very strong toxic odor, like paint thinner. Was just about to serve a few up to my ailing 80-year old father! The stink lingered in my kitchen to the point where we had to open a window and turn on the ceiling fan. Can't imagine what might have happened if he had consumed that poison. It's still stinking in the trash can outside as I type this. Why no recalls or warnings? Upon researching on Google, seems this problem has been around unabated since at least 2010. Really scary stuff. Do they just not care? Obviously, someone at Nabisco must know of this by now.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2013

My family REALLY enjoyed the Premium Multi-Grain Saltines and now cannot find them – ANY PLACE! VERY UNHAPPY!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2013

A lot of Nabisco cookies and crackers are now being Made in Mexico. Look on the back or on the side of the product and you will see that it says Made in Mexico. I have already seen it on Ritz Crackers and many varieties of their Chips Ahoy Cookies. The products do not taste the same as they used to; in fact, they taste horrible. I returned mine to the store. I will never buy them again!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2013

On your Wheat Thins package it says that the package wrap inside the package contains BHT! Are you kidding? BHT has been proven to stay in body fat, is a poison, and has been exposed to be a poison in about 1970's. Nabisco using BHT shows extreme lack of concern for people and the environment. Take a look at all of the so-called natural products that do not feel the need to use poisonous chemicals as a preservative. If people would educate themselves, they will see BHT is a poison which is passed along in breast milk and lodges in body fat. It is highly dangerous. I'll bet it is cheap and Nabisco is using it to as a preservative as they do not care about the health of their consumers. I threw the box of crackers out! It is Wheat Thins.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2013

Bought original Ritz crackers on 9/11/13. They tasted like chemicals/bacon and made me very sick. Do not buy these crackers. They were purchased at Publix. I returned them to Publix and let them know to contact Nabisco.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2013

Many people at a family reunion had at least one taste or bite of graham crackers that had something toxic in them. We don't know what it was. Was it diesel fuel, kerosene, paint thinner? Are we O.K.? My 83 year old father ate a whole cracker. He thought the bad taste was because of some medicine he was taking for a cold. When we all complained about it he realized it was the cracker and not the medicine. I read one complaint on this site that the man had to go to the hospital. Should we? My niece had a stomachache right away. It was hours ago. I had one bite and still have a bad taste in my mouth. The smell was so bad that when we threw them away you could smell the toxic smell five to six feet away from the garbage. Please, let me know what we ate! Also, I tried to get a response on your Facebook page. All they did was remove my comment, immediately!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2013

My friend could not find out what the terrible odor in her pantry was and never considered it might be the saltine crackers. But after checking every single item on the shelves she came to the saltines and voila… the odor was so strong... like rancid oil or a chemical odor of some kind. She threw them out in the trash outside and sure enough, no more smell in the house. Her daughter had the same experience! Now I have an unopened box and am afraid to open them so will return them to the store tomorrow and get refund.

After seeing all the other complaints on this site, I am afraid to buy any Nabisco crackers now. I used to like your wheat thins but now not only do they taste like cardboard, you have downsized the box and charged more. Don't know what kind of oil is being used in your crackers but you had better investigate and change it. No more purchasing your products from this household.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2013

I have been buying Nabisco "Chocolate Wafer Cookies and Golden Chocolate Oreos" for years and this August 2013 they both taste bad. On opening the Chocolate wafer package they actually smelled like rancid oil. I took the whole package back to the store and the manager agreed! Yuck. If they have changed the ingredients and this is how they will always taste, I'll simply buy other brands.

Nabisco Company Information