2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.9/5 (461 ratings)

About Nabisco

Nabisco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

Just opened - and threw out - a box of Nabisco Graham crackers that has a use by date of, ironically, today, Dec 31, 2014. They were horribly rancid. Went to the Honeymaid.com website in hopes to find contact information but none was found (even though the box indicates one can contact them there). Found this site and opted to leave my encounter with a bad product.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2014

I purchased a 2 packs box of Nabisco Nilla wafers with an expiration date of 28 May 15. The wafers had a different taste, strange smell and were hard and dry. I prefer to purchase and consume foods produced in the United States. I attempted to find where the wafers were made and if they are a product of Mexico like Nabisco Fig Newtons. Information regarding the country of origin of Nabisco Nilla Wafer is not on the internet and the only information on the box is Mondelez Global LLC East Hanover, NJ 07936 USA. I am very disappointed with the wafers and lack of information. The quality of the wafer has definitely changed and I will not purchase it again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

I purchased 2 boxes of Honey Maid Grahams, and they made me sick. They have an expiration date of February 24, 2015. The other # from the side of the box imprint is: AE161 0926. My daughter tried them first, and felt ill, needed to use mouthwash to get the horrible taste out of her mouth. She left them on the counter - then without knowing, my husband reached in and tried one - he ran to spit it out as well. My son walked past and said these smell like chemicals, or paint or something off. Certainly not the normal smell of something one would consume - that's for sure. I just called the 800 number on the box, but the recording says to call back during normal business hours.

I then decided to go to the Honeymaid website, and found someone had posted 'My honeygrams stink.' That's when I saw this link to Consumer Affairs that someone else had posted to the Honeymaid website. Please, please, make Honeymaid RECALL this item that is making people sick. It's not right. I don't know where to go with this information. Should I just throw the boxes away? Or should I save them to show someone else? I have to keep them sealed and out of my kitchen, because I wouldn't want my dog to get into them either - it is awful, and should definitely be looked into. The Brand Seal UPC label is 0 444630 7 on the bottom of the box. I no longer have the receipt of purchase, but it was purchased at Shoprite in Hillsborough, NJ.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

I have been eating Nabisco Honey Maid Graham Crackers consistently for many years. The last two boxes I bought were rancid even though the "Best By" date is still good. The current box I have here has a date of 21FEB15 but they taste rancid and we can't eat them. I called Nabisco to let them know and they are sending us coupons for more boxes. I am leery of buying more right now. I hope they figure out what the problem is and fix it. In the meantime, I will start looking for another brand that are ok.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

I opened up a new box of Wheat thins on Christmas Eve to serve to my guest with cheese and over three quarters of the 8.5 oz. box was nothing but broken pieces. I was not only angry but embarrassed to serve these. The date on the box was 08May15, so there was no excuse for the condition of this product. I purchased the Wheat thins from Wal-Mart on Dec. 21,2014. It has left me with a very sour taste.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2014

I love my Nabisco graham crackers normally. I recently bought a box of Honey Maid Low-Fat Honey Graham Crackers. I opened the box and opened a package and smelled an awful vinegar/cardboardish smell. I smelled the graham crackers and even tried a couple. No taste - and definitely not a honey flavor. Not sure if these are a bad batch or what but I am hoping there aren't any chemicals that can make me sick. Box indicates best when used by: 22FEB15MM20718 : 24D. Does anyone have issues with a box matching that number?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2014

I recently purchased two packages of Nabisco oyster crackers to go with a pot of chili I made. I was near horrified to taste and smell a very strong chemical odor/taste from the crackers! My son instantly spit out the crackers and we promptly threw them away! Upon opening the next bag, the same thing happened! A few weeks later, I opened a box of honey maid graham crackers and to my surprise, once again the same smell and taste was with those crackers! What's going on with Nabisco? New packaging? Some sort of toxic preservative? Needless to say, I'm done purchasing Nabisco products for a while! I see others have also posted similar complaints!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2014

I had the misfortune of buying family size package of Nabisco Honey Maid Graham crackers which had a rancid oil smell and taste. Unfortunately, I ate some and spent last evening on the "throne" with a severe case of diarrhea. Have contacted the company regarding this bad batch (18 Jan 15 expiration date), but I must confess I have little confidence in a multinational corporation that would ship such an obviously bad batch of product. It amazes me that a corporation could take such a wholesome product and so quickly turn it to ** .

Original review: Dec. 21, 2014

I bought a box of Honey Maid Graham crackers a couple days ago, and opened it. There was a horrible chemical smell coming from the box. I took out one of the crackers and smelled it, and it reeked with the odor. When I took a tiny taste, it was bitter and awful. I can't imagine what could have happened to them, but I will be taking them to have them analyzed by our local extension office. I will contact the company, and report back here what they say.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2014

On Nov. 22, 2014, I purchased two 14.4oz. boxes of these crackers that had the smell of something like paint thinner. I threw those boxes away and I didn't write about those purchases because sometimes companies can have varied mixtures in their products. Recently on Dec. 13, 2014, I purchased two more of these boxes and guess what? They had the same smell as the first set of boxes. The UPC code for these boxes is 04448907. Now, I'm not sure if the company is doing a proper and frequent quality check, but this is ridiculous! Also, I see from reading some of the other complaints that I am not alone. It seems that the problem has started fairly recently as a month ago. I beg the powers that be to investigate this as soon as possible. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2014

I just bit into a mint Oreo cookie and as I was chewing got stuck by sharp object. I immediately spit the cookie out and found an inch long piece of plastic in the cookie. I have contacted Nabisco to warn them. Buyer beware!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2014

We are in our sixties and grew up with Nabisco Saltines. We loved them, they were our favorite cracker but now, even though supposedly the recipe hasn't changed, other than changing to sea salt, we are going to start trying other brands of saltines. What happened? Premium saltines WERE the most flavorful and had the best texture, but certainly not anymore.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2014

I have just finished some Christmas Baking with a box of HoneyMaid Graham Crumbs which I just purchased and have an expiry date of Feb 16, 2015. When I opened the package there was a stronger smell than usual which I couldn't distinguish but after confirming the expiry date was good I proceeded to bake the squares. I am now cutting them up to freeze and detect the same chemical odor and upon sampling the squares there is a strong chemical taste. I decided ago check online and noticed that a number of people have posted similar complaints. I now have to throw out the entire 2 batches of squares - I have wasted a lot of time, money, and energy using this tainted product! I will not be buying any more of this product until I see assurances from the company that the issue has been resolved! Buyer beware!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2014

I just bought a box of Nabisco honey maid graham crackers from our local supermarket here in Reseda, CA and I took a couple bites out of one and noticed a strong smell, something like paint thinner or some kind of glue. It tastes like glue or paint thinner as well. My mother also took a few bites out of one and she said the same thing. I just tried calling the Nabisco company from the number that is on the box and they are currently closed. On top of the box says that the Graham crackers expire 24FEB15AE1G1. Below the barcode says 0 444630 7. I will never buy anything from Nabisco ever again. We will keep the box and the receipt.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2014

Price increased while both quantity & quality decreased. Crackers are now delivered in hard to open wrappers, with fewer crackers to tube. They vary in color, texture, and salt. Nabisco should standardize on the retro-Ritz of the 60's or 70's. Nabisco used to be synonymous with quality. Unfortunately, the old slogan of "anything tastes good if it sits on a Ritz" is no longer true.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2014

A week ago we bought a box of graham crackers (honey) and knew when we opened the package they were rancid. Went to a different store and bought another-rancid again. Both boxes had a February 2015 expiration date.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2014

Opened a box of Honey Maid Graham Crackers by Nabisco with date on box 23Feb15AE1G1 0851. They smelled horrible, like some sort of chemical! I tasted one and it didn't have the taste I remembered. I had my husband taste one too and he said the same thing. They should still be good since the sell by date is Feb 23, 2015. If they have changed some with how they are made I will not be buying these again. This was one of my favorite snacks growing up as a kid.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2014

I hope there are no consequences from eating one of them. They have a terrible chemical odor. I took for granted the quality I have come to expect from Nabisco products. In what country were they manufactured? Store brand will be the choice for me from now on.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

Please know that I really appreciate the easy opening on this box of crackers. I have a saltine tin I've used for over 40 years. The packages are easy to open in this box. I hope you continue the easy opening bags in the future.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2014

I bought a large box of Premium Saltine Crackers and every cracker in every bag is stale. Upon close inspection, each sealed plastic bag covering the stack of saltines has numerous tiny holes from the cracker edges. Did something change? I have never had this problem before.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2014

Nabisco Honey Maid (Low at Honey) - Purchased this product on 11/27/14. Took a bite and knew something was wrong right away. Tasted and smelled very funny. Showed my wife and she agreed. I will be taking this back to the store for refund. Looks like I'm not the only one.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

A year ago I purchased a box of Triscuts at Winco in Twin Falls, ID. I bit into a cracker and immediately felt extreme discomfort in my mouth. It felt as though small bits of glass went into the roof of my mouth and around my upper gums. These were very, very small particles causing immediate ruptures. I went to a dentist, I suffer from chronic staph infections due to work injury/multiple surgeries/long term antibiotics. I cannot have antibiotics easily and at the time I was in Hailey ID. No dentist would see me except one and he would not do anything but could see the bumps. He would not attempt to touch them or remove anything without antibiotics as I have titanium in my right shoulder and it makes up for most of my right arm. I have continued to suffer with ruptures, "string" like thread that cuts my mouth up that has taken over my gums. This has been the most unusual but cannot be an isolated incident. I believe these are the results of a bobbin or plastics area gone bad in one of the plants supplying the wheat or where it is processed. It could not have been in only one cracker.

My roommate threw out the box and it was trash day. He was not thinking it would be a serious issue. I have exhausted my Doctors, as I have no insurance to pay for an oral surgeon. They are the only ones who will spray a color spray to find the "string" that is along the gum line. It is very fine so that it gets lost in saliva. Too small for normal tweezers. I am not nuts or crazy. People can see the string stuck between my teeth at times. We cannot remove it. It at times has made me not want to go another day like this. Your customer service has never followed up with me, again, I do not believe I am the only person to which this sort of thing has happened. Please let me know what I can do to remedy this. Educated, smart, intelligent woman that I am this is a serious matter. Thank you for your time.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2014

I wanted to write a review to back up the other reviews I read about the strong chemical odor/flavor in boxes of Honey Maid Grahams. Like some of the other reviewers, the batch had the date 28Jan15, with the number MM30722: 12B. A week later I bought another box, with a March date, and it was fine. This is not the first product I have purchased in the last few months with this problem. The other was a flax cereal made by the Enjoy Life brand and purchased at a different store than the graham crackers. It had the same chemical odor (like an adhesive or varnish), and was also inedible. That time I thought it was an isolated incident and had to do with the cereal, which I had never tried before. But, it appears to be some sort of problem having to do with the packaging. Even so, the chemical smell permeates the food contained inside and makes it inedible. Companies need to have more quality control over their manufacturing/packaging companies.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2014

Nabisco Graham Crackers taste and smell like chemicals. Open the box and take a whiff! The ones we ended up throwing away will expire in Jan 2015. Very disappointing.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2014

I have been eating two boxes a month for 50 years. Recently the taste is awful...like poison. I am afraid they have been sprayed with some kind of insect repellent to increase the shelf life. You have just lost a good customer. Please respond, why?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2014

My family and I have enjoyed your products for over 40 years. What happened to you? Just purchased 2 boxes of Ritz Crackers. One box was your usual great quality; fresh, flavorful. The other... You should be ashamed. Second box was inedible. Crackers crumbled as soon as you took them out of the package, had no taste. First box didn't say where product was made only distributed in NJ. Second box was made in Mexico. What's going on? I would sincerely appreciate speaking with your quality control. Wait.... Do you have one?

Original review: Nov. 20, 2014

Nabisco Graham Crackers - I opened up a new box (expiration date Jan 30 2015MM10711:19B) and was overpowered by a extremely strong chemical odor. I decided to throw the box out rather than risk my family's health. I found the quality of the crackers went downhill a couple of years ago, but there isn't a huge graham cracker competition in our supermarket. It's pretty much Nabisco or nothing. I won't ever buy Honey Maid again. Bad batch or not. A person can't risk quality control, not even once. One bad cracker isn't worth the risk, not where my family's health is concerned. I hope Nabisco finds their lowering of standards in a already sub par product worth it. I won't be buying Honey Maid ever again, and it certainly puts Nabisco's integrity as a company into question.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2014

We have been buying Nabisco Premium Saltines (unsalted) for 50 years. They have always supported cheese, jelly, peanut butter etc, until this past year. In the past year 25% are crumbled in the package before you open them and the rest crumble when you are dressing them with your favorite topping. The crackers appear to be thinner which makes them more fragile. I have had had no problem with the taste or smell but what good is a cracker if you can't coat it. I hope the right people read this and change the process because the product now is unacceptable to me. Nabisco has always meant quality food to my family and this product needs attention.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2014

I recently purchased two boxes of Honey Maid Graham Crackers. They were not of the same flavor. I don't recall there being anything amiss with the first box. I just opened the box of Honey Maid Low-Fat Graham Crackers. There was a strong unpleasant chemical smell coming from the graham crackers in the first sealed pouch. I opened the other two pouches and smelled the same unpleasant odor. The "BEST WHEN USED BY" says "30JAN15MM20720:15A". Considering that there are other complaints of the same type here, I will contact the Consumer Complaint Coordinator at the FDA.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2014

I have been a loyal fan of all of your products for my entire life. I am 59 years old. I rarely find a reason to take my complaints to a company about their products. However, I felt compelled to do so when I open your newest package of Oreo's. The packaging itself is very good. The newer style re-seal pull open top has been long overdue. But when it comes to the cookies themselves, I must take you to task for such a blatant mistake with it's content. There is the smallest amount of cream filling that I could ever imagine. Your next step would have be to sell the outer chocolate cookies without any filling. I am appalled that you could do this to your customers. That cream filling is what keeps us coming back. I now suspect that the so called "Double stuff" cookie has the same amount of filling in it, that existed in the original Oreo, years ago. So now, the only way to get the proper proportionate amount of cream filling is to buy the double stuff cookie... I am sorry to inform you that we the consumer do not appreciate this having to do this. Your need to "cut corners" has been taken too far, in my opinion.

Please consider my opinion to be a representation of many others that feel the same as I do. I am the one buying your products and I believe that I, the consumer deserves better from your company. This is not the kind of quality product that I've come to expect from Nabisco. Shame on you for allowing this. Put the extra cream back in and we will pay the extra $.50 that it takes to do so.

Nabisco Company Information