2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.9/5 (461 ratings)

About Nabisco

Nabisco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?

Original review: July 18, 2015

A friend brought a box of Honey Graham Crackers to a family party to make smores. The first child complained the cracker smelled and tasted awful. A few more people took a bite of the crackers and some literally spit them out and complained their mouth was burning. We sniffed the remaining crackers and the smell alone was enough to make a person feel sick. There is something toxic in the smell and taste of these crackers. They should be recalled and a full investigation should be conducted. We fed this to children and adults and have concerns as to what toxic product they were exposed to that day. I have enjoyed these crackers my entire life and I must say I will never purchase them again. That smell and taste is haunting.

Original review: July 15, 2015

My husband and I just opened a box of Honey Maid Fresh Stacks. One bite and we both spit it out. They smell and taste horrible! We are throwing the rest away. Nabisco shouldn't be selling this petrochemical-laced stuff as food. I'm just glad I didn't feed any to one of the grand kids. Nasty!

Original review: July 15, 2015

Nabisco original premium saltine crackers not sealed in box. I am writing because this is the second time this has happened. I open a new box and one of the sleeves is NOT sealed. The first time I let it go but since this is the only cracker I can eat due to sulfite sensitivity, I rely on them to be the highest quality. The code on the box is 29OCT15 AZ 3 01-1 00-22. Thank you in advance for your answer.

Original review: July 12, 2015

Greetings! First off, we love the Graham crackers, very tasty! My wife has a couple of crackers each day at 4:00PM with a cup of tea in the afternoon. To the point… Each week (for the past 12 years or so) we purchase Graham Crackers. This week we purchased a box of crackers only to find that there was a few whole unbroken crackers. The rest of the box contained many a piece of broken cracker. Actually, I even had to cleanup the carpet! She loved it! Yes, we have a busted up box of crackers. Question, do you ever replace a box of graham crackers? Don't worry, we will continue buying the crackers. They remain to be good even in a million pieces! PS. Try to keep the crackers in one piece. I'm not kidding, the box looked good from the outside. But many, many, pieces inside the box. Let's keep things together…

Original review: July 12, 2015

Opened one of the very tightly sealed packs, and the taste was awful. I smelled it and the acrid odor was overwhelming. Could it have been the deterioration of the wrapping material, as I hadn't had this with a previously opened package that I had resealed some time ago. Made by Mondelez in Mexico.

Original review: July 12, 2015

What did they do to the flavor of the crackers? They taste awful, I had to throw them away. I am searching for another brand.

Original review: July 12, 2015

Honey Maid Grahams 28.8 oz Family Size - The graham crackers have a "toxic" chemical smell to them. We have never experienced this odor with these grahams in the past--they USED to be our favorites, but not now. Something is VERY wrong with this product.

Original review: July 12, 2015

I consumed a quarter of 1 graham cracker & my mouth and throat are burning. I then noticed a strong chemical smell. I opened all 3 packages in the box & they all had the same smell. I don't know at this point if they will make me sick but I have what feels like film coating my mouth & throat that is continuing to burn an hour after consuming a small piece of this cracker.

Original review: July 4, 2015

Saltiness crackers/Sea salt - I just bought a box and they are stale. I'm not sure if that's the company or the store I bought them from but the store says it's not theirs.

Original review: July 4, 2015

Just opened a new box of Nabisco Honey Graham's for a recipe and the entire box was rancid. The most disgusting smell ever. Not likely to buy this brand again.

Original review: July 3, 2015

I too opened a package of Honey Maid graham cracker yesterday. I bought them from a company here in Australia that sells American products and so therefore paid a premium price as graham crackers aren't sold in Australian stores although many other Mondelez brands are available. I am not happy, I'm in total agreement with everyone else the packaging smells of turpentine and my mouth burned from the one bite I took. Unless Mondelez addresses this problem I will never buy another Ritz or other product they manufacture. Once again the greed of shareholders has superseded safety and worker's health. If we are so overwhelmed by opening a packet, how awful must it be for the probably underpaid employees.

Original review: July 3, 2015

Two different boxes of Honey Grahams have tasted and smelled rancid well within the best-used-by date. Terrible smell, worse taste. I have been a graham cracker lover my entire life and never encountered such disgusting product. I have brand seal if helpful.

Original review: June 26, 2015

I had some of the Honey Maid Graham Crackers. When I did take a bite of one, it tasted like rancid oil and turpentine aka paint thinner!!! It was disgusting!!! I threw out the box and the rest of the treats. I refuse to ever eat this again!!

Original review: June 25, 2015

I was making a crust for a cheesecake with the graham crackers. Had 2 packs of unopened crackers in box. Opened them and checked to make sure they weren't stale and they were crisp. Took a bite and gagged and then noticed a horrible chemical smell to go along with the taste. A lot like paint thinner. The crackers were slightly expired. Just read a bunch of other complaints. What is going on? Unfortunately our trash went out yesterday or I would have contacted the Better Business Bureau. It was such an awful experience that I don't know if I'll be able to eat them again. My husband says he tried to put the crackers in our live trap and the animals wouldn't touch them either. That was before we tasted them. Now we know why!

Original review: June 19, 2015

Just opened a package of Nabisco Honey Grahams I have had for a while (exp date Jan, 2015) and they smelled and tasted horrible. I immediately spit it out and spent the next 30 minutes gagging/spitting/rinsing/trying to get the horrible taste out of my mouth. I can still taste it just when I breathe. It is like paint thinner or something. I googled the problem and found there are many complaints. I called the company's 800 number and they said their products are safe and they will send me a coupon.

Original review: June 15, 2015

I opened up a package of Honey Maid Graham crackers for my kids to snack on, and instantly smelled this awful smell of chemicals. It gave me an instant headache. Something is wrong with these Graham crackers. All 3 of the packages in the box were like this. I have saved the crackers, contacted the company and will be contacting the FDA. I will no longer be purchasing any Nabisco products.

Original review: June 14, 2015

Just opened a box of Honey Maid graham crackers. My kids made s'mores out of them and took a few bites before realizing that the crackers were bad. The smell is awful! They smell like they were sitting on the shelf open for 10 years. But I just bought them. I thought that maybe there was a sealing problem with the inner package but I opened up the other one that was sealed and it was the same. The boys said that they tasted like sawdust! What was inadvertently added to this product??? I don't want to buy anything from this company after reading all of the reviews. I hope Nabisco isn't poisoning our kids to try to save a few bucks! Product code: 04448907 - 29JAN15MM20715:51B

Original review: June 11, 2015

I am 63 years old and Nabisco graham crackers have been a part of my life since childhood. Never again! I hadn't been feeling well so I decided graham crackers wouldn't be too harsh on my stomach. I opened the plastic packaging and the smell was like turpentine. I tasted a little piece and thought I was poisoned. Then I decided to google to see if anyone else had a problem, and found out that I wasn't alone. I don't know why Nabisco chose not to recall, but when I read their comments as reported by NBC news, they were rather la-di-da about it. I will never buy Nabisco brand again.

Original review: June 7, 2015

I have great childhood memories of eating Nabisco Vanilla Wafers as a snack almost every day after school. Several years ago, I noticed that they didn't taste the same. They had an artificial taste and basically, no taste at all. The vanilla wafers I remember were buttery and sweet tasting. Then I realized that they probably changed the recipe and used oil instead of butter. This made all the difference in the world. The Nilla wafers of today taste just like all the off brands - in fact some of the off brands taste even better. I will not buy them anymore and lament the fact that I can no longer enjoy a real Nabisco Vanilla wafer again. Why couldn't they just keep a good thing. I guess it all boiled down to the mighty dollar. I'm sure it's cheaper to make them the new way and the company is counting on the public not noticing or remembering what the old ones tasted like. Too bad.

Original review: June 1, 2015

I just opened up a box of Graham Crackers to have with a glass of milk. They just didn't taste right but I ate a few more... thought maybe it was my milk. Opened up another pack and it smelt the same... like old paint or varnish. Went online to see if there had been a recall. Mine are dated for Feb. 14, 2016 so they are not old. Just read all the reviews and I agree with everyone else. Did they change the recipe or what? Hope I will not get sick.

Original review: May 24, 2015

Wow! Until I read others reviews, I thought we were the only people noticing the decline in the quality of the graham crackers apparently made in Mexico. Apparently the following is or could be the problem: baked wrong, crumbling, dry, flaking to pieces, smells funny, not much honey taste, no indentions to be grafted into quarters. We first thought, it might be just a bad batch, so we bought it again a couple weeks later, only to find no improvement. We have always purchased Nabisco Honey grahams versus a no name brand and the Wal-mart brand. Code on box 28JUL15MM110707:44B (this box we have not opened yet). The two previous boxes have been discarded. We will not buy another Honey Maid Grahams until someway or somehow, Nabisco has come forth with proof of correction.

Original review: May 24, 2015

I have eaten Nabisco Premium Saltine crackers all my life. For several years, now, these crackers seem to be losing their taste. I buy the boxes with 8 fresh packs in them. I eat a small pack within two days and the 2nd day crackers are almost soggy. I notice with other products that sea salt leaves a bland taste. These crackers have that bland taste. I realize that your product change has a lot to do with "healthy eating", but is sea salt that much healthier or just cheaper to buy.

Original review: May 22, 2015

Like many others I also had an unpleasant experience with Nabisco Honey Grahams. I did email the company and got a call back. They claimed I was the first to complain about regular Honey Grahams that the previous complaints were about Low fat Honey Grahams. Said that the problem with the low fat was rancid oil. I also called FDA (you have to call your local reporting area cannot file a complaint on-line) and got a call back from them. They said that rancid oil was the problem with the low fat but that they were continuing to get complaints and were reopening their investigation. They would have liked to get my box of crackers but I had already returned them to Costco - IF YOU HAVE YOUR BOX CONTACT THE FDA THEY MAY WANT IT FOR THEIR INVESTIGATION. Anyway I am done with Nabisco after 60 years of eating them. I'm searching for another brand!

Original review: May 21, 2015

I bought both the Nabisco Graham Crackers and Honey Graham Crackers and when I opened the wax paper packaging they were wrapped in I immediately noticed a smell of petroleum or rancid oil. I tasted the cracker and it was the same taste. I threw away both boxes. I believe it is the wax paper that is causing this problem.

Original review: May 21, 2015

Opened a package of Nabisco Honey Maid graham crackers and the smell was horrible and the taste was worse. Smelled like paint thinner or some chemical. My son complained of his mouth feeling funny for an hour after eating them. Worst ever.

Original review: May 19, 2015

Did you change your recipe? If so, STOP IT!!! GO BACK. I have been a lifelong consumer of your crackers and your saltines are among my very favorite for snacking and for other recipes. The last two boxes I bought tasted of cardboard even right out of the "fresh stack". The first was the new round saltines. I thought would be a great idea...could not eat them. They were "stale" tasting, flavorless and hard not crisp and flakey. I tossed those. The second box was the regular Premium Saltines. Again, "stale" tasting and even had a strange cardboard smell. I checked the date...it was fine. Into the garbage they went. I will not be buying your product again. On to generic brands. Wish I had my money back.

Original review: May 16, 2015

We purchased 4 boxes of Honey Maid Grahams and started giving one to our grandson of 2 1/2 years old and then the smell took over the whole place. We have the four boxes if anyone would like to take a wift. If our grandson would have eaten a few of these, he would have been very sick indeed. It smelled like varnish or paint remover. Very scary.

Original review: May 8, 2015

Living in Rural Alaska, eating or buying something past date, especially when a box of graham crackers is $7.00 - We never go too far past the date but we've also never had a problem. I pulled a box of graham crackers out of our cupboard and when I opened the box I noticed a strong odor like stove oil, or as my husband mentioned, treated lumber. I had already popped a small piece in my mouth to see if it truly was the cracker or maybe the box has something on it. They tasted awful and I instantly spit it out. My tongue has a bit of burning sensation and I made sure to rinse my mouth out. Exp. date: 1/15.

Original review: May 8, 2015

Opened a new box of Nabisco Honeymade Grahams - they were rancid like old paint. We hope we don't get sick!!!

Original review: May 6, 2015

I opened a package of graham crackers and noticed a foul smell. I just thought it was the plastic they were wrapped in and started to eat one and noticed the foul chemical taste. My stomach got upset and I threw up and can't get the awful taste out of my mouth. I will NEVER buy another Nabisco product as of this horrible experience with these crackers. I called the number on the box and Nabisco said they will send me coupons for more Nabisco products. NO THANKS. I will never eat another Nabisco product.

Nabisco Company Information