2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.9/5 (461 ratings)

About Nabisco

Nabisco Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?

Original review: Sept. 24, 2015

Went online to see what others were saying because I recently bought the original Graham crackers. When I opened the box all the crackers were in pieces. The box had not been crushed or anything. The crackers had a weird after taste and were not the usual consistency. I have been eating these for years and these are not the same. After reading the reviews I am very leery of Nabisco products now.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2015

I purchased a box of these graham crackers at BJs Wholesale a while back. Immediately, I thought my taste had turned. The graham crackers have a toxic smell and foul chemical taste. The longer these are left open, the more rancid these crackers become. I stopped eating them and was giving them to my dog; however after reading the other reviews, I will never buy them again. Simply poisonous bitter aftertaste. Code: 21FEB15AE1G1 1417.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

I purchased 4 box packaged at BJ's. The Graham crackers had no honey glaze on them, and they were pressed real thin. They also were as dry as dust. I buy them every month and they have never looked like this before. CT 27DEC15AX102.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2015

Just opened several boxes of grahams bought at Costco in Clackamas, OR. Very bad stink in all 9 packages. The boxes and wrappers were all well sealed. Very bad smell. Obviously could not eat any of them.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

Opened a box of Graham crackers and they tasted/smelled like chemicals. Took a bite too quickly before the smell hit. Couldn't get the taste out of my mouth. Sounds like a similar issue to other recent reviews.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

I love the cinnamon graham crackers and they are not crunchy like they used to be. They taste stale. And exactly where is the cinnamon and sugar? You need a magnifying glass to find it. Very upset, disappointed. Bought a few boxes, all the same chintzy. And not good anymore. Very bummed out.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2015

We opened a box of graham crackers that emitted a wretched rancid odor and tasted awful. We then realized it was 8 months past the sell by date. However, a second box we had, also about 6 months past the sell by date, also produced the same rancid overpowering smell. While past sell by date might mean a dry goods product is stale or slightly off taste, it should not have been rancid and with a smell so overpowering it filled our kitchen. I researched the product online and found that several similar complaints have been made by consumers who had similar sell by dates on the package (and had reported before the date).

I wrote Mondelez to report the problem and they replied to simply say a product is not good past the sell by date. First, that is not typically true and second they completely ignored the main complaint - rancid graham crackers. This was a first: who knew well stored, fully sealed graham crackers would turn rancid? Next time, generic.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2015

My sister, my niece and myself all tried eating some honey maid Grahams and original saltine crackers and we were all sickened by the smell and taste of both. I have been eating both Grahams and saltines for 63 years and never tasted anything so disgustingly toxic in my life.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

I purchased a box of Nabisco Grahams Original and they have a terrible chemical smell and taste. Even when they were in the trash, the entire kitchen smelled. When I took a bite of the cracker, it left a tingling in my mouth. What is in these crackers??? Number on the box is MM20719:22B.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

I was looking up Graham Crackers because the crackers keep getting smaller. I can hardly make a s'more anymore because the candy bar and marshmallows dwarf the cracker and make a mess. The box I just got (14.4 oz that use to be 16 oz) is only 3/4 full!! When I was looking online I noticed some people got chemical and rancid crackers. The same thing happened to me! I thought it was just me. I'm done with Nabisco Graham Crackers. They don't taste like they used to.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

I opened a new box of Honey Maid Graham Crackers this evening (9-2-15). I was met with a terrible varnish/chemical smell. I did briefly taste one - awful. Did not swallow it, thank God. I am holding for testing if this goes national. Something is definitely wrong.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2015

Ritz crackers and premium saltines - Quality was not so good, packaging not good on packages of snack pack, then I read they were from Mexico. I will not purchase any of their products again.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2015

I opened a box of Nabisco graham crackers and noticed a strong, turpentine odor from the box. I took one bite and developed a horrible lingering taste in my mouth. I swallowed before I could spit it out. I have kept the box of crackers for analysis if needed. I am distraught that a recall has not been announced by the company. Only after this incident did I look online and discover multiple other people who have had a similar occurrence. I will never purchase crackers from this company again. I will be registering a complaint with FDA food safety division and reporting my complaint to the company.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

Very disappointed with the oreo brownie batter cookies. They are awful and smelly. Now I have 2 of them and can't return to store. Still love the double stuff!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2015

Ritz Garlic Butter Crackers - Crackers are all falling apart, before you eat them! Bought a box of these crackers and every roll of crackers were so delicate and fragile that many were busted up already, and just taking them out of the wrapper finished them off. Very unhappy. Only use for these would be for coating something.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2015

I opened a new package of Honey Maid Graham Crackers last night and took a bite of one. The taste was terrible - a very strong chemical taste. The entire kitchen began to smell once the package was opened. I immediately spit the cracker out and threw the box away but I am sick this morning! What have I ingested??

Original review: Aug. 17, 2015

The last couple of boxes of Saltine crackers we have bought have tasted and smelled horrible! I thought it was just me but I had my mom smell them and she agreed that it was not normal. Unfortunately, I was dumb enough to put them in my tomato soup anyway. First, let me say when I make tomato soup I dump A LOT of garlic powder it and usually you can't taste anything but garlic powder. I took one bite and added more garlic powder and the weird chemical taste of the cracker was just too overpowering. Now, I every time I burp I can taste those nasty crackers! What has happened? I wouldn't even give a stray dog these things!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

Opened wafers and while having first bite noticed an unusual smell. Then I noticed a bitter terrible taste. Unfortunately by the time I processed this one was swallowed. I then smelled the remaining cracker and was shocked that they smelled strongly like chemical cleaning agents. I'm concerned about what ingesting something that strong could do to me. The best before date on the box is 2014DE09. Today is Aug. 13, 2015. I purchased them at the Mac's convenience store by the Chinook C Train station in Calgary Alberta at 9:40 pm. I don't have enough chemistry knowledge to determine if something that has gone well beyond its expiry date like this could produce a smell like this. I have the remaining crackers and an unopened pack from the same box.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

From all the times my family and I have consumed crackers or any Nabisco products, this is the first time that I have felt angry. About 2 weeks ago I bought a box of Ritz crackers. I opened the box and wow to my surprise, ALL of the crackers were crumbled up and one package was opened. It looked like it had been opened with scissors by a preschooler. I thought the worst of it. Second time, the other day I decided to try out the Saltine Crackers AND wow! 4 closed packages in the box PLUS one more shoved up at the bottom of the box, with broken up crackers, less than half full. The package all badly opened just like the Ritz crackers. 5 packages all together. Sooo disappointed with Nabisco. You are forgetting that the most important here are your consumers. Quality over quantity!!! I mean, why were the packages like this??? Mice? Employees eating them? Machines? WHAT???

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

We have always bought Nabisco brand cookies and crackers relying on the highest quality standards they employed. However over the past year and a half we have had to throw away every item purchased due the the rancid smell and acrid taste of the Graham's and saltines. Many family traditions ruined by a company. Not responding to complaints from consumers is unconscionable! So long Nabisco.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2015

We opened a new box of Honey Maid Graham Crackers last night for s'mores. My husband and son each ate a s'more made with them. They complained of a terrible chemical aftertaste. The product was not old. Each package smelled horrible... like plastic, chemicals, spoiled, etc. Each person could smell it, even with the bonfire near. Within hours, my son (who has Type 1 diabetes) was vomiting. Soon after, my husband was too. My son continues to have an upset stomach today.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2015

Purchased these for the weekend to make S'mores with my kids. Best when used by 10/18/2015. Crackers have a hideous smell, but the taste is even more concerning. My guess is this batch was contaminated with some kind of paint product or chemical. The taste of even a very small piece lingers for a very long time even with multiple rinsing. Why am I angry? Because I found evidence of this exact type of complaint dating back to February 2015 and even complaints in 2013/2014. See multiple complaints on this website from July 2015. Mondelez International Group, who manufactures in Mexico, has refused to take this seriously and acknowledges a problem (via a formal statement) with "food quality", but not "food safety" and Nabisco continues to sell this garbage.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2015

It just makes me angry in general How low your standards have become. Smaller oz., low quality and always higher prices. How embarrassing that you still have the word Original on your packages. The company has gone completely downhill in all areas. YOU stink ---PU.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

I had four boxes of Honey Maid Grahams. The first bite I had of one it tasted like poison and stung my mouth so I had to spit it out. I opened another packet and the smell of chemicals was overpowering. When I looked online to see if there was a recall I had missed I found many people reporting the same experiences I had, but still no explanation from the company? I threw the whole lot out, the smell and taste and the swelling feeling on my tongue were actually scary. I would like them to have a serious inquiry into this.

Original review: July 31, 2015

Shocking smell and taste. I got a cracker all the way to my mouth, then spit it out in a hurry! This was a new box of crackers. The plastic envelopes do not smell bad on the outside, but the crackers inside can be smelled 2 feet away! Amazed at this problem.

Original review: July 29, 2015

I just discovered the new oreo lemon filled cookies today. Not complaining but must say this is the ONLY time I have ever NOT liked an oreo cookie product. The outside cookie was delicious but the lemon filling was bitter. Wanted to let you know so this problem can be resolved. Nabisco is much too reputable to have any product that is not absolutely delicious! Cookies purchased today at Walmart at Trussville, Alabama (5919 Chalkville Road, 35173).

Original review: July 28, 2015

New Recipe Honey Maid Graham Crackers - I've been buying this brand of graham crackers on a regular basis for at least 20 years and loved them. Unfortunately they changed the recipe and they are absolutely horrible. The first bite I took I literally spit out. It was so bad. After more than 20 years of buying this product I will never buy them again. I still haven't found a brand that compares to the original recipe. I wish they would bring the original graham crackers back!

Original review: July 27, 2015

Honey Maid Graham crackers have been my favorite for as long as I remember. I have always be able to count on Nabisco to provide me with delicious Grahams. Always had no problem spending the extra money to get the best around. I purchased a box yesterday, opened today and I am not happy at all. The Mondelez company has ruined these crackers! They just crumble now when you try to break them in half! Forget even trying to break into quarters. You end up with crumbs! They taste cheap and leave a nasty aftertaste and a coating on my tongue. I don't mind paying a little extra to get a better product. These Graham crackers will be going to my chickens today and I will be looking for another brand. P.S. please don't mess with my Oreos!

Original review: July 26, 2015

Nabisco Honey Maid Graham's. Was making s'mores with my family. OMG! The taste was horrid. When we came in we looked at the box. It smelled a little odd, then we opened another package and about puked. It reeked of chemicals. Every package. They smelled up our entire kitchen. If my kids get sick, this mama is gonna be PISSED!

Original review: July 20, 2015

Box has extreme odor of paint thinner or mild acetone, or paint. Crackers have bitter chemical taste and I threw them out. Why is there not a recall on this? It absolutely tastes like something that could do damage (based on the smell alone!).

Nabisco Company Information