Nabisco

Compare Food Products

Research top Food Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The last two 8oz. bags of your Golden Oreo Mini cookies have only contained three to five whole cookies (stuck together with the filling). In fact... the rest of the bags have been filled with only single cookie halves without any trace of filling on any of them! We have enjoyed these historically as we are able to sneak in our dog's allergy tablets into the filling and if she sees us eating them, she will ingest one containing the pill without any fuss (with our veterinarian's support!!). Someone in authority needs to seriously investigate where your process is breaking down and effectively address this issue immediately. I can't justify buying your product until this issue is rectified.

Chips Ahoy and Oreo are our family's favorite non-homemade cookies. On average I would say we purchase at least 2-3 packages of each per month if not more. (A lot of teenage boys in and out of our house!) Frankly, though, I have been considering giving up our loyalties to these cookies for a long time. I am tired of the packages that don't close properly, spilled packages in my pantry and even worse stale cookies! There really is not enough overlap of the material on the "easy open"/"easy seal" package to close them easily to prevent them from getting stale so, of course, we end up throwing a lot of cookies away - no wonder I have to buy so many!

If this is intentional by Nabisco to cause the cookies to go stale more quickly so we have to buy more (which is what I think it truly is) Nabisco needs to rethink this. I have been a life-long Chips Ahoy and Oreo fan (even our dog is named OREO!) but I am sure there are other cookies on the market that are just as good or better with packages that close properly. I am tired of wasting money and finding messes in my pantry.

I purchased chocolate Graham crackers. What I got was crackers and something rancid tasting in the cracker. Seriously, it is a light grey color and has a rancid taste. No clue what it is, but I know it isn't supposed to be part of the cracker. I won't be purchasing Nabisco products ever again

Oreo cookies made in Mexico. My husband has loved Oreo cookies until our recent purchase at Walmart. We tasted a terrible flavor of the cookie and they leave an aftertaste??? The box of cookies even smell terrible!

Just opened this package of Ritz with cheese. They fell apart and taste horrible! I have thrown away my last package of white chocolate chip cookies and Red velvet cookies. I'm DONE with Nabisco. Don't know what happened to company's!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?

Just in the past few months I have noticed the difference in flavor and quality of certain Nabisco/Mondelez snacks, Oreos and Teddy Grahams to be specific. They leave an AWFUL aftertaste. The cream filling in the MEXICAN MADE regular Oreos was not smooth and creamy that made in USA Mint Oreos has. I am going to make sure my family and I check the packaging before buying Nabisco snacks.

The box said 'original recipe' but the crackers were sweet. The sweetness was horrible tasting with a chemical aftertaste. When I called the 800 number to complain, no one answered. Also tasted this chemical taste in a barbecue sandwich at Costco food court. Same exact smell, taste, aftertaste. What is the chemical everyone is adding to our food?

So I bought the new Ritz Crisp & Thins. Oh my goodness they are awful. They taste like cardboard, the sour cream flavor doesn't stay in your mouth, once you finish a bite it's like you have paper in you mouth, why change the old sour cream cracker. Nabisco you messed up a good thing, I guess I'll have to change to Keebler brand. Listen to the consumer. If it's not broke then leave it alone.

Nabisco Sociable Crackers Original - I bought a box to have with cheese and meat. When I opened the box and put them onto the plate, over half of them were broken. Not just in half but in tiny pieces. I was disappointed. It was like I bought a box of crumbs.

Oreos & Ritz Crackers. These snack products have recently changed and now taste disgusting IMO. I don't know how or why, but they aren't the same as they used to. My kids refuse to eat them. Lately they prefer Paul Newman's O's which, while a little higher in price, are always delicious. The Ritz crackers crumble when touched, even brand new out of a fresh box. Does any of this have to do with manufacturing in Mexico? I think it MUST be the reason. I have been to certain food and beverage plants in Mexico, and I think I'll buy American instead, thanks.

I am 69 years old and have been eating my favorite Original Premium Saltines since my childhood. I have declared the unfortunate and untimely death of my favorite saltine cracker. Nabisco has reduced my cracker to the taste of my Sunday communion wafer. The cracker is bleach white, very little salt, not brown toasted on top and tasteless. Do I believe life after death? Yes, Nabisco could return to making the saltine cracker made for most of my lifetime, raise up from the dead by using their Original ingredients. By the way, they could bring back the can for keeping them fresh and not make the price much higher, and I would buy it. RIP Original Premium Saltines made by Nabisco that cared for taste and quality.

Purchased 12 pack at Sam's Club. Opened a pack after having eaten 6 packs and when I put it in my soup noticed strange smell and taste. Smelled like old vegetable oil and something else strange. Opened another pack and it did not have same issue. Tried to call them direct and customer service number is worthless. Now worried if my health can be in danger. Expiration date was 6 days past. Just bought them at Sam's. Who can I speak with about this. I am saving the bad package.

Another case of ripping off the consumer. Not only are Ritz crackers smaller but now they crumble when you spread anything on them and many are crumbled and in useless pieces while still in the package. Nothing sits on a Ritz anymore!

Purchased a package of Oreo cookies and found package to be short approximately 1/3 the correct quantity. Did not know I purchased Mexican Oreos a the time. I will not buy any Nabisco product from now on. Posted photos on Facebook.

After reading the reviews and complaints on this site and other web sites with reviews of Nabisco products, I have come to the conclusion that Nabisco has duped us all. I have looked at a number of review site similar to ConsumerAffairs and have read the same type of negative reviews about Nabisco saltine crackers that I see on ConsumerAffairs' website. Any complaints directly to Nabisco regarding their now inedible Premium Saltine Crackers evidently have fallen on deaf ears.

Interestingly enough, there is one website that has 163 reviews of the Nabisco Premium Saltine Cracker. Guess what, folks, 163 of those 163 reviews are 5-star. What? Really? What are the odds? I want to know where those people buy their Nabisco crackers? I want to shop at their stores because they obviously do not buy crackers at the stores where I do. I even looked at the website's header to be sure I was reading reviews for Nabisco. Wonder which 163 Nabisco employees wrote those 163 reviews? I see writing a Nabisco review on Influenster in my near future. What fun! Wonder if Influenster's administrator will actually post it?

The last box of Nabisco "Original" Premium Saltine Crackers I bought had a date of 04Jan16. I assume it was manufactured on that date. I do not know when I bought it, but I have been hanging onto it hoping that someone would say "send your Nabisco crackers here for testing". I threw away all but a couple of the small packages. When I opened the box, I noticed the really awful smell. If you can manage to somehow get past the odor and bite into a cracker, the taste is even worse.

Note, the Nabisco box still carries the claim "Original Premium Saltine Crackers". There is nothing "original" at all about the crackers Nabisco is producing now. Let's face it, saltine crackers, in and of themselves, do not have a huge taste presence. They have always been a little bland, but had a nice, toasty taste. The cracker has always been topped with salt you could see. In fact, there was so much salt that when you turned the sleeve of crackers upside down to dump them out, you had to hold the package over a bowl or salt would spill everywhere. When I was pregnant and had morning sickness, I must have eaten a jillion Nabisco saltine crackers. I have always loved to dip Nabisco crackers smeared with real butter into bowls of hot, tomato soup. Sooo yummy. Well, I can't do that anymore.

I just do not know how any company could produce a bad tasting saltine cracker - but Nabisco has managed to do so! The crackers are very white and much thinner than what I had come to expect from Nabisco, and there is almost no salt on the top. Reminds me very much of a white, tasteless communion wafer, except Nabisco's cracker has an awful smell and tastes like what you might imagine insecticide would taste like.

I do not know where the saltine crackers I bought were made. The plant code looks like "BD". I do not find a reference to those letters in any Nabisco plant code information on the internet. Nor, does the box designate that the crackers were made in any other country than the USA. But, that is a whole other issue. It appears that Nabisco, with a lot of nerve and a straight face, advertises to unsuspecting consumers that the Premium Saltine Crackers they offer for sale are the "original". Does Nabisco think the public is really so dumb that consumers will continue to buy and eat that crap? I guess they do.

I purchase low fat Triscuit and have noticed how many broken crackers are in the box. While eating the crackers, they are rather solid to eat, yet when I search for intact crackers, I find many broken pieces. I suspect this is way to fill the box for the appropriate weight I'm being charged for? I don't use the broken pieces for anything, so it's a waste to me for a third of the box (weight I've paid for). Perhaps there could be better quality control or otherwise, maybe I need to change to a different brand.

Been buying the Nilla wafer pie crusts for years to make pies for family. Bought 3 today; used one. I thought it looked different, but when me and my family tasted it the difference was clear: it's awful. Tastes grainy, can't tell there are Nilla vanilla wafers in there. It's just flour. Wasted my money and will never buy again. Consumers have a right to be aware when a long-standing product has been changed. You have the right to change all you want, just notify the consumer so we don't waste our hard-earned money!!!

I have been buying my wife Nabisco Chips Ahoy cookies for years, she loves them! But in the past years we have cut down on sugars and haven't bought them in a few years. We decided we're going to go back to The Chips Ahoy! When I bought a bag of them last week my wife opened the bag and ate the first cookie, she was shocked at the nasty taste and the chemical smell coming from the bag! I went ahead and tried a cookie and that cookie was NOT the Chips Ahoy we were use to! I then noticed the cookies were now made in Mexico!... Mexico? Huh?... Nabisco is obviously slipping financially! (I think Donald Trump will solve that problem). My wife said she would never eat another one ever! Nabisco! Please go back to the old Chips Ahoy cookie! They were truly America's cookie!

My husband and I purchase your peanut butter crackers as a snack for ourselves and our grandchildren. The last 3 times we purchased the 8 ct packs we experienced no peanut butter between several of the packages. You can't tell from looking at them because peanut butter seems to be around the rim but when you open the package you find nothing. We will be switching to another brand.

"You used to sell 16 OZ boxes that contained at least 160 crackers. I'm very OCD so I count them. There are now around 120 or less. Math says these boxes are 12 OZ. Each OZ was 10 crackers years ago. The last box had 116! Please correct all future boxes. Do NOT just offer me a few free boxes. The FTC will be contacted. I will allow 3 month to correct the problem." I sent this in around 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten a response. Is there still an organization out there that weighs products or can a company rip off customers? A 13.7 OZ box should contain 137 crackers.

If I could give zero stars or negative star I would. We used to purchase these cookies and they were great. I purchased them for the first time in a long while and they are the most disgusting things I have ever tasted. There is no taste whatsoever and it just taste like eating cardboard. I don't know what Nabisco did to their chocolate chip cookies but they need to resolve the issue. I will never purchase these cookies again.

I will not buy Ritz Crackers ever again. They crumble to the touch, no substance, no flavor, and they actually look anemic. You cannot spread anything on them without breakage. They are not edible without some spread or cheese. I have loved Ritz crackers my entire life, but I will never eat one again unless they go back to the old recipe. Ritz are DISGUSTING.

I bought these thinking I was getting blueberry figs? They are the most disgusting cookie that I have eaten claiming to be Blueberry! Not sure what you people are trying to do to your products? Whatever it is, I will not be buying your produces in the future, and looking at all the other complaints, I'm not alone!

These cookies have always been very special and the kids could have one of "mom's" cookies if they asked. You have changed the ingredients of at least the chocolate and they are awful and just like every other company. I will never buy them again unless you change back to the original recipe. The dark chocolate is better for us anyway and I don't like milk chocolate.

I loved Chips Ahoy but not anymore, I loved Fig Newtons but not anymore - I guess you can say if it's made by Nabisco I don't love it anymore. I stopped buying most Nabisco products because of the lack of taste, opening something to have it in crumbles and or the chemical smell coming from the products. I never paid much attention but after this last box of Chicken in a Biskit crackers I read the box, What the heck is Genetic Engineering?? I looked it up and I don't want some science experiment going on with my food. This is what I found when I searched it:

Genetically Engineered Foods, Genetically modified organisms, or GMOs, are organisms that have been created through application of transgenic, gene-splicing techniques that are part of biotechnology. These transgenic methods for moving genes around are also called genetic engineering, or GE. WE are a family farm and fight like heck against GMO's, so with Nabisco producing their products with GMOs and also coming in from Mexico - I will no longer buy any product under their brand name Mondelez International.

Has anyone noticed recent boxes of Teddy Grahams Honey with a terrible taste and after taste? We've bought these for years and this latest batch is awful - there is a flavor like metal or chemical that is not good. What is worse is that the after taste lingers even longer. There is something wrong with these. Not enjoyable at all.

Ever since the crackers started being packaged in plastic sleeves instead of the waxed paper ones, the crackers are of a much lower quality. This has been several years. The crackers used to be very crisp. Now, they are always soft. If I am going to pay so much more for crackers, I expect the ones I used to get, not the ones being sold these days. Please let me know how Nabisco is going to address this problem. I don't want free crackers. I want to be able to buy crisp ones.

Purchase two boxes of Minis Premium Crackers at LeBlanc Super Market, Drusilla Road, Baton Rouge, LA on 11-14-2016. Stated eating one box on Tuesday, 11-15-16 and notices the crackers had an undesirable taste. So on Wednesday I opened the other box and it taste the same. I usually eat four boxes per week. I do not have my receipt from Leblanc's Super Market for the crackers. I will bring the two boxes back to Leblanc Super Market and they can give back to Nabisco.

Thank God it was not just me. I did not know that Nabisco cookies are now made in Mexico. I kept buying Ritz crackers and noticed that when I bought the regular there was no salt at all on them. Then when I bought a box recently, the salt is so immense that I could not eat them. Horrible, Horrible, Horrible. Also, I noticed that they crumble to the touch and sometimes they are all crumbled before you even take them out of the sleeve. You can forget about spreading anything on them. I even tried eating them with slices of cheese which requires no spreading, still a problem. And Oreos are not the same either. They don't have that rich chocolate flavor that I used to eat until I was stuffed. Nabisco is off the list of cookies for me. Stay in Mexico you bunch of greedy bastards but you won't get another dime from me. And I know all your products.

What has happened to the quality of product that Nabisco is now putting out? Specifically their Graham crackers which were always high quality and taste. It was so obvious that they have changed that I took to this site to consider making a complaint and I was amazed how many similar complaints there are. Many of these complaints reference that they are now owned by Mondelez a Mexico based company, and apparently Nabisco has moved much of their production facilities to Mexico. While that is upsetting, it's too easy to use that as an excuse. I really hope that Mondelez cares about the quality of their products and monitors these type complaints because they should if they want to be continue the success Nabisco has had.

Nabisco, like many companies made their name and reputation on producing high quality, great tasting products. People grew up eating their brands. Nabisco went through many buyouts and new owners over the years, but they maintained their reputation for quality and taste. They were never the cheapest, but you always knew you were getting quality. Then what happens? Mondelez somewhat quietly buys the company and gradually takes it from a US brand to a global brand under the Mondelez name. Then production begins shifting to Mexico a little at a time. Raw materials and quality are not the same, and the same standard of quality isn't established in Mexico like it is here.

What we consider inferior, they would find acceptable because they didn't have a comparison. So one of two things is happening, either the execs at Mondelez think they are producing a great product of the highest quality because they don't know any better, OR they know they are making an inferior product now, but the global volume they are selling offsets the loss in US sales they are experiencing from those that are no longer happy with their product? And they are making more money, by using inferior raw materials and cheap labor. It's all about mass production on a global scale of low to average quality product and making a huge margin while they can. I have always been loyal to the brands I trust. I will no longer consider Nabisco one of those brands.

Nabisco Company Profile