1.17/5

704 Nabisco Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I’ve always loved Oreos and enjoyed eating. However, I purchased a couple packages of Oreo Minis and have gotten severe asthma symptoms after consuming them. They give me breathing problems similar to an allergic pulmonary response. I checked the bags out of curiosity and noticed they were made in Mexico. Needless to say, I will never risk my health and buy Oreos manufactured in Mexico again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I enjoy a sweet snack occasionally during the day and although it has been a while since I picked up a package of these wafers, later that day I wanted to have a few and the first thing, right out of the box was 'Where in the hell is the peanut butter?' There's maybe a thin layer just barely enough to taste and most of that is overcome from the wafer shell. Very disappointed and will not buy these in the future. Most likely this will go on deaf ears and blind eyes but for anyone buying these wafers prepare to have lots of liquids to wash down these dry, poorly produced 'peanut butter' cookies.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I'm allergic to dairy and almonds and sulfites/sulfates. About the only store bought dessert I've been able to eat is Oreos and I have been eating them for years. As of about 2 weeks ago I first noticed that the Oreos were tasting different. Around the same time I started having allergic reactions so I made sure I was changing nothing else and sure enough it is only after I eat the Oreos that I begin having a reaction. I'm about to the point of eating zero processed foods because everyone keeps changing their recipes and with what is in our processed foods these days it is not surprising that our stomach linings are ruined. I work in healthcare and there is an alarming number of people who have food allergies and food sensitivities now that never used to.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I accidentally discovered Oreo Lemon cookies were being produced in Mexico. Then I started looking at labels and discovered things I used to buy say "distributed by" but not where it's being produced. I called a well-known cookie "distributor" only to discover that they do NOT show on the package where they are produced. With the immigration issues at hand, I cannot imagine buying food handled in Mexico. If our clothing still(?) needs to show country of origin, I find it imperative that our food shows place of production.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

A few days ago at summer camp (on 8/1/18) my son ate some Ritz Crackers. Within 2 hours he started breaking out in hives all over his shoulders, chest, back, and parts of his legs and arms. Our son has a diagnosed peanut allergy. There was a miscommunication at the summer camp where we told the senior camp counselor not to let him eat them again, and the next day our son ate those same crackers again. The hives came back again that day too. It takes about 48 hours for hives to go away, which he did late in the night on Friday.

So, while my son has been eating Nabisco Graham crackers for a few years now, we are returning to Costco the box we just bought a month ago, and we will be buying no more Nabisco products. We are letting the church summer camp know that they are not safe to give to kids with peanut allergies! We are done with Nabisco! We will get our stuff at a specialty food store. We don't need to risk our son's health over corporate greed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?

Original review: July 26, 2018

My 10 year old son asked me to buy Nilla Wafers today at Smart and Final. I agreed since it has been several years since we have had them and Nilla Wafers were a staple in our home growing up. I use to buy them when my son was 3 and 5 years old. For no real reason, I just have not bought them in years. So, we buy them. Tonight right after he ate a few, he broke out into a horrible rash with hives all over his body. We have not changed our laundry detergent, no new clothes, he didn't lay anywhere different or eat anything different except the Nilla Wafers.

We exhausted every possibility today. The only thing the doctor, my family and friends can conclude is that the Nilla Wafers are cross contaminated with something he is allergic to. He never had this problem when he was 3 to 5 years old. Needless to say, it took ** and a ** to start to clear him up. From what I have seen here in other reviews, Nabisco has some work to do in their facilities. Please take precautions when food is being prepared for the consumer.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I was a consumer of most all Nabisco products. Ritz crackers, Honeymaid Graham’s, Fig Newtons, Nilla Wafers and the list goes on. Honestly, you should look into your beloved products. They have completely changed Nabisco's recipes. I thought at first I had bought a bad package but it keeps happening. It’s good to know others are having the same problems.

Original review: June 30, 2018

These Nabisco Saltine Crackers are so hard I'm going to break a tooth. Are they old? I've bought three boxes and they were all like this. I even tried buying at different stores over the span of a few months. Send me a message if anyone knows of a better brand. I'm done with these.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Triscuit Fig and Honey - I purchased this product expecting a lightly sweet flavor. Tastes like someone dumped onion or garlic salt on them, no sweetness at all. Won’t purchase these again. Number 31Jul18xlc03.

Original review: May 14, 2018

A couple reviewers have recently posted the observation that they felt Nabisco had recently (i.e., in past year) downgraded the Triscuit size, recipe, and quality of taste. I'm posting to add my concurring opinion to the thread. My favorite of the new flavors that came out a few years ago was Dill and Olive Oil. I remember they used to be so rich and flavorful, you could bite into one and suck the richly aromatic, dill-laden olive oil into the back of your mouth. Heavenly! What others have reported is that their favorite Triscuit suddenly stopped tasting as rich and flavorful, and I agree. The change happened some time in the past few months. Now Triscuits seem dry, crumbly, very "blah" in flavor, and hardly worth eating after you got used to the originals.

This is the same kind of marketing genius a lot of new cool restaurants go through: They start out with top-drawer recipes and superb quality, and then, after a couple years, they start gradually downgrading the experience, little by little, one seemingly benign change after another -- so nobody will notice, I suppose. Well, I always notice. When the place or product gets degraded past a certain point, I simply stop going there or purchasing the product. I will no longer buy Triscuits because it is no longer a quality product. It has been dumbed down, in a way - because you have to be pretty dumb not to see what they are doing. I resent that kind of crass cynicism in commercial enterprises. Makes me feel USED.

Original review: May 1, 2018

These are NOT the Teddy Grahams I fed my sons when they were tot. Absolutely, positively disgusting. They were properly sealed. When I opened them and ate a few, I gagged. They had an acrid, chemical smell and an oily texture. Stupidly assuming that I was mistaken, I ate a few more. Nope. Not mistaken. I ate those last night before bed. This am I woke feeling nauseated. It's 10pm. I STILL feel sick. When I was a child, one of my favorite snacks was Graham crackers with peanut butter spread on them and a glass of milk. Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to stomach (no pun intended) any Graham products again in the foreseeable future.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I used to love Graham crackers. Especially the cinnamon ones. Well they must have forgotten to put the cinnamon on them. They are dry. They crack. I cannot put peanut butter on them anymore. They are smaller. They taste like plywood.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I enjoy Graham Crackers with my coffee every morning but lately they are not good. Taste has changed, color has changed and amount of crackers has shrunk in size. Last time I bought will be my last. Will return what I have left to Wal-mart for my money back. Important when opening box the glue used to seal the lid closed also dripped around the lid and caused a sharp point that pricked my hand. What a mess this product has become. I looked and yep made in Mexico. You people are so cheap as to send a great product south of our border and make them so poorly. Now you no longer will get my business.

That includes all products that you make. I sent an email. No response no surprise. Each time I eat a Graham now I get a cough. Now I know why. Very poor quality control. Who knows what is in them now. So consider me a past customer that will not return as long as you make products in Mexico. Here is seal number 440004717 -- Date and code 21 jul2018MS3124 bought from Wal-mart Blairsville Ga 30512.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Oreos and butter cookies made in Mexico taste like poison - The cookies that are made outside the USA have a gritty horrible aftertaste and I have to read the package to make sure I buy a batch made in the U.S. If you continue to ruin the cookies and charge top dollar for a product that is barely edible then my 40 year patronage to your company will end. I am far from the only one who feels this way.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Got the web because I was curious about Nabisco Graham Crackers. Lately been buying these and very disappointed in the taste and quality. They are thinner and smaller. They never break along the intended perforations. I'm done buying these. Sorry Nabisco, you are a has-been.

Original review: March 2, 2018

It seems that no matter what grocery store I purchase these crackers, they always come crushed, and broken. Maybe one package out of 4 is fine, the rest broken and useless. This has been happening for quite a while. Do not know why only the unsalted tops that this is happening with, but I will go to another brand for these crackers. Waste of my money.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I just bought myself a box of Nabisco Honey Maid Cinnamon Graham Crackers as a "treat" because they have been a favorite and weakness of mine. I don't usually keep them around because I'll devour the whole box in no time! Unfortunately, that is no longer a worry! I could not be more disappointed! The cinnamon and sugar topping is practically non-existent. The graham taste and texture is compromised. They crumble in your hand. Even the color is now different. I don't understand how these can be sold as the same product. They used to be worth the little extra in price but no more, in my opinion. What a shame. Will not be buying again!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I have been eating Nabisco (Honey Maid or not) Graham Crackers, through all the name and ingredient changes since I was a kid. Now you've gone too far. You've wrecked a completely good product. They don't look like graham crackers; they don't break like graham crackers; they don't have the texture of graham crackers and the taste, well, the taste is devoid of flavor. Now it's a nothing cracker. Thanks a lot! :(

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

My store runs a 2 for you. Buy 2 items for one price. I've been eating Oreos all my life but lately I am very upset with the quality of your cookies. I buy 2 packages every time I go shopping which is 1 every 2 weeks. The last 4 packages I have bought the cookies looked perfect but when you take them out they fall apart. I know shopping them is tricky but 4 bags is extreme to have the cookies fall apart so a very disapproved vote you are getting. Hopefully I will get Oreos back the way they are suppose to be and not broken into pieces.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Terrible! Horrible! Might as well open up a can of plain stale bread crumbs. Forget about using for dips or spreading peanut butter and jelly on them. Oh and if you liked the taste of them... you can forget about that. I guess that's what happens when you try and make more money by moving to some third world country for cheap labor. We miss the old cracker, but as the days go by so does the desire to buy and eat them.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I love Ritz Hint of Salt crackers, except for one thing: about a fifth of them are almost always crumbled, or fall apart when you pick them up. I've actually weighed the crumbled bits -- 85 grams out of a full package of 388 grams recently ended up as crumbs or small pieces. Is anyone else having this problem?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

One of my all time favorite treats are Nabisco Peanut Butter Creme Patties. When the Nabisco cookie product lines were manufactured in Chicago, IL on Kedzie Ave, the cookies were made to perfection!!! The new mfg sucks and sadly I will not purchase the new Nabisco made cookies as there is no reason to any longer. I will also relay this word of mouth to all friends, family, etc. to not waste their money off these now lesser quality products. Goodbye Nabisco. What happen to your Mission, Quality, & Integrity?? My grandparents, uncle, and father retired from the Chicago location as you know Nabisco products have been in my life for more than half of my 43 years of life. Now I have to say good riddance to what was once the ultimate BEST cookies to the absolute worst!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Bought a box of Ritz Peanut Butter Crackers from Walmart a week ago. Today I popped one in my mouth and instantly experienced a chemical taste so I quickly spit it out. Then this obnoxiously rancid chemical odor followed so I jumped up quickly rinsed my mouth out with Listerine. It smells like its one step up from formaldehyde or that stuff contractors use to seal hardwood floors. I have notified Nabisco, but want to alert others to be careful.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I used to be obsessed with the Triscuit Thin Crisps in the wasabi & soy sauce flavor. A few months ago when I bought a couple new boxes - I buy some every time I go to the store, that’s how much I love them - these new ones had zero flavor. They tasted like plain and for a minute I thought maybe I grabbed the wrong one. Opened the second box and it was the same. The past few grocery trips I keep grabbing a box just to check if it's still so bland now, and it is. What the heck happened?! These were my favorite and now, thanks to their crappy quality control or maybe just being cheap as heck, I can't even enjoy them. I miss them so much.

Currently I have four opened boxes in my cabinet that are completely full minus one or two crackers and I'm just so upset. If Id wanted the plain thin crisps I would've bought them. In fact I've done a blind taste test with the plain and this so-called “wasabi” flavor, and my friends couldn't tell the difference. Waste of money and time. So disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Lately, my one time favorite cracker (Ritz) has become my least favorite. Although I like the flavors, as soon as you touch them to take them out of the sleeve, they crumble. If you're lucky enough to keep one whole, as soon as you try to dip it or spread something on it, it explodes in your fingers.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I recently purchased a package of Nilla wafers for my Rum date ball recipe to supplement my existing box I already had. The new box contained overdone/burned wafers. Therefore, the taste is completely off. The recently opened package is on the left. The wafers on the right that I have ground up are from a previous package. You can see the color difference. Where is the quality control?

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

Rosemary & Olive Oil Triscuits had been my favorite crackers for several years and the only Triscuits I liked. About 2 months ago, I opened a box and began eating one and was appalled by how awful it tasted. I tried a few more and they were all the same. I assumed something had gone wrong with this batch, but I tried another box with a different date and it too was the same. I looked at the list of ingredients and saw there were some that weren't there before, like pea protein and leek powder, and onion powder instead of onions. I can't believe people at Nabisco tasted these and decided it would be a good idea to make this change. I can't imagine anyone would like this taste. I won't be buying any more of these. Please bring back the old ingredients.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I have not bought your Nabisco Honey Graham crackers for some time. The size and taste of the box I just opened is disgusting. Why would you ruin a good thing? Someone in your organization also ruined the saltine some years back. It's difficult to understand what is going on in a once fine company.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Honey Maid Cinnamon Grahams. They are way too dry and hardly any topping on. Had some years ago thinking they were from Nabisco, but must have been another brand. What I had is exactly what the picture shows on Nabisco's box. Dark, melt in mouth, and not just a few sprinkles of sugar and cinnamon. Might as well eat the regular ones, BUT also way too dry.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I just want to alert the public that there are little black bugs in the current boxes of Honey Maid Graham Crackers. I have bought different size boxes from different stores with the same results. When you add milk to a cupful of graham crackers and mush it up a bit the little black bugs will rise to the top. If you scoop them out fast enough they will still be alive. The bugs are inside the crackers so you cannot see them until the milk starts to break the crackers apart. I have alerted Nabisco to this issue and they have refunded my money. They said they will pass this onto their quality control team but who knows if they did or not. I love their product so I do hope they rectify this issue. In the meantime I will be buying a different brand of honey crackers.

Nabisco Company Information