1.29/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

727 Nabisco Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

Excellent product. Potential to carve out a good portion of potato chip (Ruffles, Doritos) market. Prior, Nabisco may consider upping content to at least 6 oz. Both myself and my wife were quite impressed with Good Thins, the rice one - Veggie blend.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

I don't know what the Nabisco Company is thinking. Would they like to lose customers? I am thinking they are hoping to do just that because the Honey Maid (by the way is supposed to be spelled Made) Graham Crackers are smaller, blander, and without the flavor they had in the 80s and 90s when I was a kid. What happened, do they make these with the wrong recipe? Even the Cinnamon Grahams don't even have cinnamon on them at all! What is it, a thin layer of warehouse dust? If you are looking at these reviews, Nabisco, whatever changed in the last 15, 20 years to your Graham Crackers was a serious business mistake. I would re-think what you did and not do it because your brand is suffering. I will not even use these for my pies anymore because something seems like it is missing from the cracker.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Taste and smell overwhelmingly like rancid oil! Shame on you Nabisco!!! Just trash and worse than horrible! What has happened? Had given these to my kids and grandkids for years - not fit for even animals now!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Over the holidays I purchased 2 large boxes of graham crackers for baking and treat making. I was sooo disappointed when I opened the first box. They don't look, taste, or smell like the grahams I have always used and snacked on. I might as well have put sawdust in my treats. C'mon Nabisco. Shameful! Can anyone share what product they are now using for good graham cracker taste?

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

All broken either in box or as soon as touched...not good for spreading anything on them as they fall apart. Yet when you bite them they are hard. I don’t ever remember Honey Graham’s doing that before. Won’t buy again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

These ginger snaps are hard as a rock, not enjoyable to eat, I'll feed the rest of them to my dog. That will be the last box I'll ever buy! This product should be taken off the self. This product is not fit for human consumption!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

I REALLY hope you bring back the Heyday bar cookies. They were my favorite for years. Then they were gone. No warning or consumer notice or anything. I know many people will buy them because every time I mention them, people go into a euphoria of past memories. LISTEN UP NABISCO!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

We purchased these at BJ’s in a bulk box and when they were opened the crackers have a strong chemical smell and taste the same. I see from other reviews that this is not only with the Nabisco graham crackers but also the Teddy grahams.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I have bought & used Ritz crackers for years. The last stack in the box & I discovered peanut butter on the edge of some of the crackers. Some in the middle of the stack & some in the bottom. Good thing I don’t have a peanut allergy or you could be facing a lawsuit. This is unacceptable & I may never purchase Ritz again.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I just bought a box of the Nabisco Teddy Graham's Outdoor Discoveries Honey flavor crackers the other day for my kids and when I opened the box I smelled a strong chemical smell instantly and they tasted exactly the way they smelled. I only tested one little cracker and it literally took an hour to get the taste out of my mouth. I'm not sure what happened in the factory when these were made but there must have been a big mistake because these were horrible and now I am scared I am going to get sick or worse just from that one tiny cracker I tasted. That's how bad the smell and taste was. I already deal with anxiety and OCD especially when it comes to my kids and their safety. I will NEVER buy Nabisco brand again. Which is extremely disappointing because I have 3 small kids that love graham crackers and it was a great easy snack but after this experience I'm done. Nabisco will probably lose a lot of customers due to this mishap.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Went to open a snack size Teddy Grahams and popped one in my mouth and immediately started to feel like I was choking and gagging. The expiry date was not passed yet, had 5 days left. The entire bag smelled like paint thinner, I immediately vomited. I have 3 children and I will never purchase products from this company again for their lunches after what I endured tonight. I still can’t get the taste out of my teeth and it’s tainted every drink I’ve tried to rinse through my mouth from the experience. Something is seriously wrong with this company's integrity in their recipe.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I’ve bought these graham crackers for some time to make s’mores but have noticed in recent months that many are broken when I open the pack. It’s not such a problem if eating them plain but a major nonstarter for s’mores which are messy enough to eat even whole. I noticed an earlier post that asserts Nabisco has decreased the amount of crackers such that they fit more loosely in the box and are prone to rattle around and break. I suspect this is the reason as I’ve also noticed I have to buy them more frequently. I’ll be looking for another brand in the future (or giving up s’mores). This is a sad development for such a time honored snack!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

In the past I always purchased these cookies to make my Christmas cookie log. I bought three boxes, in the amount of $17 and change and went through all the work of making three logs as gifts. They were not edible. The cookies were disgusting. This not only happened to me but my friend in another area experienced the same problem. My tradition has ended. I was so embarrassed and humiliated.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I bought a box of Good Thins White Cheddar flavor. They are burned! I have purchased this product in the past and love them. This particular box, however, the crackers are burned and taste terrible. I want a replacement box!

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I purchased a box of cookies last week and they were burned. They were much darker and you could tell the difference in the cookies from previous purchase. So what is going on? Maybe just a bad batch. BG

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

No longer loved by my 3 kids thanks to new recipe with that whole wheat. I tried it myself. Disgusting and I'm disappointed because it's not even cheap. Costing me over $4 per box and now they are so brittle they make crumbs everywhere. Sad to see a cookie I ate in my own childhood decline like this.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I just found uncooked wafers in the box my family was eating. Of course all the customers' hotlines are closed so I will be calling after hours doctors for advice on what to do if we need to self-induce vomit or get antibiotics.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have been a steady buyer of the large Family size Honey Graham Crackers. Recently I have noticed the crackers are usually broken when a new box is opened. Then I realized Nabisco pulled a fast one. The box used to have 10 packs of crackers stacked in pairs 5 high to the top of the box and they fit snugly into the box. NOW they have decided to use deceptive packaging and have turned those packs on their sides which makes each stack of now FOUR taller to fill the box. By doing this the packs are loose in the box since the width of the packs is not anymore the same width as the box. This allows them to rattle around in shipping and they get damaged.

NOT ONLY THAT, it's also a 20% INCREASE IN THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT technically since now customers are receiving 20% fewer crackers in the box without lowering the price. This is called DECEPTIVE MARKETING in my mind. I will be looking for a competing brand now as my way of showing my resentment to this unfair practice. A couple years ago they did the same thing with OREOS by lowering the cookie count to a 13oz package from what was an 18 oz package. That was also a around a 25% increase in the price since 25% fewer cookies were being packaged for the same money. I NO LONGER PURCHASE OREOS.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have noticed that Nabisco Premium saltines and oyster crackers taste stale or rancid every time I buy them. They ruin the taste of whatever you use them with. The taste and texture of this brand I grew up with is just no longer of quality. Nabisco Fig Newtons used to be our go to cookie, but now they are no longer soft and chewy and always taste stale too. I’ve tried products again but this seems to be the new norm. I’ve also noticed changes in quality and taste in the Nilla Wafers and Ritz Crackers. I’m to the point where I no longer reach for Nabisco products. Why change!? We loved you and now I’m trying to find other brands to replace you. ☹️???? Not only are they off they just taste bad and even leave an odd aftertaste now.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My second time to write about Graham Crackers. I should have not tried them again once I found they were made in Mexico but saw one box said new on it like they had improved the product so last week at Wal-Mart my wife bought the big box without asking me and I thought well maybe they are new or better. Wrong. Did not think they could get any worse but they have. You would think the company would respond to us the customer if we had a problem. NOPE will not. So forget them getting any better. They are getting worse. Crackers thinner with no color and the taste yuck lost the Graham Cracker taste. Now just another cracker as if I bought a low quality cracker.

I tell you what I quit buying other products from Nabisco but like a graham with coffee so gave them another chance but never again. Stay in Mexico and go broke. It serves you right as the quality and size has gone way downhill. If I owned another company making crackers I would take advantage of your mistakes and take over what was once your market. Folks we need to buy food products made in America not Mexico. I challenge you to find out who checks the quality of the product or checks the factories where they are produced. I could not. Got the run around from several government agencies that were in charge of checking such things.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Retro 4-square cracker - To the company production manager, when I was young (in the 50's & 60's) crackers came in 4-square pieces. We use to make cheese sandwiches out of them, peanut butter spread across, baloney & cheese sandwiches, and somewhere along the line everyone went to 1 square tube packages!! Any chance of getting the old 4 square back??

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Not the same "old" Graham Cracker. Inconsistent quality ranging from what "is expected" and current reality. Sometimes, I swear, the package I buy at Walmart is thin and bland. If I buy higher price from "brand" supermarkets, quality seems to be the "original."

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

What happened to the Nabisco Graham Crackers I used to know and love?? Nabisco Graham Crackers were the best, most flavorful and thick cracker/cookie; only up to a time when every product on earth suffered "cutbacks" on size & flavor except price; that always goes up when product quality goes down. Honey Maid Graham crackers today in 2018 are flavorless, so thin they aren't worthy of a "smore" or even a quick dunk in coffee because they fall apart! Where has that distinct graham flavor gone? Not to mention the bland color and thinness that is very noticeable. I am disappointed in Nabisco's Honey Maid Graham Cracker product; made in Mexico of all places... cheap labor equals inferior product. This is the last box I'm going to buy and just to let you know, I have been a Nabisco Graham Cracker lover ever since the days when my mom used to buy them for us kids and that's going back a long way! That's all I have to say.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I’ve always loved Oreos and enjoyed eating. However, I purchased a couple packages of Oreo Minis and have gotten severe asthma symptoms after consuming them. They give me breathing problems similar to an allergic pulmonary response. I checked the bags out of curiosity and noticed they were made in Mexico. Needless to say, I will never risk my health and buy Oreos manufactured in Mexico again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I enjoy a sweet snack occasionally during the day and although it has been a while since I picked up a package of these wafers, later that day I wanted to have a few and the first thing, right out of the box was 'Where in the hell is the peanut butter?' There's maybe a thin layer just barely enough to taste and most of that is overcome from the wafer shell. Very disappointed and will not buy these in the future. Most likely this will go on deaf ears and blind eyes but for anyone buying these wafers prepare to have lots of liquids to wash down these dry, poorly produced 'peanut butter' cookies.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I'm allergic to dairy and almonds and sulfites/sulfates. About the only store bought dessert I've been able to eat is Oreos and I have been eating them for years. As of about 2 weeks ago I first noticed that the Oreos were tasting different. Around the same time I started having allergic reactions so I made sure I was changing nothing else and sure enough it is only after I eat the Oreos that I begin having a reaction. I'm about to the point of eating zero processed foods because everyone keeps changing their recipes and with what is in our processed foods these days it is not surprising that our stomach linings are ruined. I work in healthcare and there is an alarming number of people who have food allergies and food sensitivities now that never used to.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I accidentally discovered Oreo Lemon cookies were being produced in Mexico. Then I started looking at labels and discovered things I used to buy say "distributed by" but not where it's being produced. I called a well-known cookie "distributor" only to discover that they do NOT show on the package where they are produced. With the immigration issues at hand, I cannot imagine buying food handled in Mexico. If our clothing still(?) needs to show country of origin, I find it imperative that our food shows place of production.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

A few days ago at summer camp (on 8/1/18) my son ate some Ritz Crackers. Within 2 hours he started breaking out in hives all over his shoulders, chest, back, and parts of his legs and arms. Our son has a diagnosed peanut allergy. There was a miscommunication at the summer camp where we told the senior camp counselor not to let him eat them again, and the next day our son ate those same crackers again. The hives came back again that day too. It takes about 48 hours for hives to go away, which he did late in the night on Friday.

So, while my son has been eating Nabisco Graham crackers for a few years now, we are returning to Costco the box we just bought a month ago, and we will be buying no more Nabisco products. We are letting the church summer camp know that they are not safe to give to kids with peanut allergies! We are done with Nabisco! We will get our stuff at a specialty food store. We don't need to risk our son's health over corporate greed.

Original review: July 26, 2018

My 10 year old son asked me to buy Nilla Wafers today at Smart and Final. I agreed since it has been several years since we have had them and Nilla Wafers were a staple in our home growing up. I use to buy them when my son was 3 and 5 years old. For no real reason, I just have not bought them in years. So, we buy them. Tonight right after he ate a few, he broke out into a horrible rash with hives all over his body. We have not changed our laundry detergent, no new clothes, he didn't lay anywhere different or eat anything different except the Nilla Wafers.

We exhausted every possibility today. The only thing the doctor, my family and friends can conclude is that the Nilla Wafers are cross contaminated with something he is allergic to. He never had this problem when he was 3 to 5 years old. Needless to say, it took ** and a ** to start to clear him up. From what I have seen here in other reviews, Nabisco has some work to do in their facilities. Please take precautions when food is being prepared for the consumer.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I was a consumer of most all Nabisco products. Ritz crackers, Honeymaid Graham’s, Fig Newtons, Nilla Wafers and the list goes on. Honestly, you should look into your beloved products. They have completely changed Nabisco's recipes. I thought at first I had bought a bad package but it keeps happening. It’s good to know others are having the same problems.

Nabisco Company Information