1.29/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

713 Nabisco Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I purchased a box of cookies last week and they were burned. They were much darker and you could tell the difference in the cookies from previous purchase. So what is going on? Maybe just a bad batch. BG

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

No longer loved by my 3 kids thanks to new recipe with that whole wheat. I tried it myself. Disgusting and I'm disappointed because it's not even cheap. Costing me over $4 per box and now they are so brittle they make crumbs everywhere. Sad to see a cookie I ate in my own childhood decline like this.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I just found uncooked wafers in the box my family was eating. Of course all the customers' hotlines are closed so I will be calling after hours doctors for advice on what to do if we need to self-induce vomit or get antibiotics.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have been a steady buyer of the large Family size Honey Graham Crackers. Recently I have noticed the crackers are usually broken when a new box is opened. Then I realized Nabisco pulled a fast one. The box used to have 10 packs of crackers stacked in pairs 5 high to the top of the box and they fit snugly into the box. NOW they have decided to use deceptive packaging and have turned those packs on their sides which makes each stack of now FOUR taller to fill the box. By doing this the packs are loose in the box since the width of the packs is not anymore the same width as the box. This allows them to rattle around in shipping and they get damaged.

NOT ONLY THAT, it's also a 20% INCREASE IN THE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT technically since now customers are receiving 20% fewer crackers in the box without lowering the price. This is called DECEPTIVE MARKETING in my mind. I will be looking for a competing brand now as my way of showing my resentment to this unfair practice. A couple years ago they did the same thing with OREOS by lowering the cookie count to a 13oz package from what was an 18 oz package. That was also a around a 25% increase in the price since 25% fewer cookies were being packaged for the same money. I NO LONGER PURCHASE OREOS.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

I have noticed that Nabisco Premium saltines and oyster crackers taste stale or rancid every time I buy them. They ruin the taste of whatever you use them with. The taste and texture of this brand I grew up with is just no longer of quality. Nabisco Fig Newtons used to be our go to cookie, but now they are no longer soft and chewy and always taste stale too. I’ve tried products again but this seems to be the new norm. I’ve also noticed changes in quality and taste in the Nilla Wafers and Ritz Crackers. I’m to the point where I no longer reach for Nabisco products. Why change!? We loved you and now I’m trying to find other brands to replace you. ☹️???? Not only are they off they just taste bad and even leave an odd aftertaste now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

My second time to write about Graham Crackers. I should have not tried them again once I found they were made in Mexico but saw one box said new on it like they had improved the product so last week at Wal-Mart my wife bought the big box without asking me and I thought well maybe they are new or better. Wrong. Did not think they could get any worse but they have. You would think the company would respond to us the customer if we had a problem. NOPE will not. So forget them getting any better. They are getting worse. Crackers thinner with no color and the taste yuck lost the Graham Cracker taste. Now just another cracker as if I bought a low quality cracker.

I tell you what I quit buying other products from Nabisco but like a graham with coffee so gave them another chance but never again. Stay in Mexico and go broke. It serves you right as the quality and size has gone way downhill. If I owned another company making crackers I would take advantage of your mistakes and take over what was once your market. Folks we need to buy food products made in America not Mexico. I challenge you to find out who checks the quality of the product or checks the factories where they are produced. I could not. Got the run around from several government agencies that were in charge of checking such things.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Retro 4-square cracker - To the company production manager, when I was young (in the 50's & 60's) crackers came in 4-square pieces. We use to make cheese sandwiches out of them, peanut butter spread across, baloney & cheese sandwiches, and somewhere along the line everyone went to 1 square tube packages!! Any chance of getting the old 4 square back??

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

Not the same "old" Graham Cracker. Inconsistent quality ranging from what "is expected" and current reality. Sometimes, I swear, the package I buy at Walmart is thin and bland. If I buy higher price from "brand" supermarkets, quality seems to be the "original."

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

What happened to the Nabisco Graham Crackers I used to know and love?? Nabisco Graham Crackers were the best, most flavorful and thick cracker/cookie; only up to a time when every product on earth suffered "cutbacks" on size & flavor except price; that always goes up when product quality goes down. Honey Maid Graham crackers today in 2018 are flavorless, so thin they aren't worthy of a "smore" or even a quick dunk in coffee because they fall apart! Where has that distinct graham flavor gone? Not to mention the bland color and thinness that is very noticeable. I am disappointed in Nabisco's Honey Maid Graham Cracker product; made in Mexico of all places... cheap labor equals inferior product. This is the last box I'm going to buy and just to let you know, I have been a Nabisco Graham Cracker lover ever since the days when my mom used to buy them for us kids and that's going back a long way! That's all I have to say.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2018

I’ve always loved Oreos and enjoyed eating. However, I purchased a couple packages of Oreo Minis and have gotten severe asthma symptoms after consuming them. They give me breathing problems similar to an allergic pulmonary response. I checked the bags out of curiosity and noticed they were made in Mexico. Needless to say, I will never risk my health and buy Oreos manufactured in Mexico again.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I enjoy a sweet snack occasionally during the day and although it has been a while since I picked up a package of these wafers, later that day I wanted to have a few and the first thing, right out of the box was 'Where in the hell is the peanut butter?' There's maybe a thin layer just barely enough to taste and most of that is overcome from the wafer shell. Very disappointed and will not buy these in the future. Most likely this will go on deaf ears and blind eyes but for anyone buying these wafers prepare to have lots of liquids to wash down these dry, poorly produced 'peanut butter' cookies.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2018

I'm allergic to dairy and almonds and sulfites/sulfates. About the only store bought dessert I've been able to eat is Oreos and I have been eating them for years. As of about 2 weeks ago I first noticed that the Oreos were tasting different. Around the same time I started having allergic reactions so I made sure I was changing nothing else and sure enough it is only after I eat the Oreos that I begin having a reaction. I'm about to the point of eating zero processed foods because everyone keeps changing their recipes and with what is in our processed foods these days it is not surprising that our stomach linings are ruined. I work in healthcare and there is an alarming number of people who have food allergies and food sensitivities now that never used to.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I accidentally discovered Oreo Lemon cookies were being produced in Mexico. Then I started looking at labels and discovered things I used to buy say "distributed by" but not where it's being produced. I called a well-known cookie "distributor" only to discover that they do NOT show on the package where they are produced. With the immigration issues at hand, I cannot imagine buying food handled in Mexico. If our clothing still(?) needs to show country of origin, I find it imperative that our food shows place of production.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

A few days ago at summer camp (on 8/1/18) my son ate some Ritz Crackers. Within 2 hours he started breaking out in hives all over his shoulders, chest, back, and parts of his legs and arms. Our son has a diagnosed peanut allergy. There was a miscommunication at the summer camp where we told the senior camp counselor not to let him eat them again, and the next day our son ate those same crackers again. The hives came back again that day too. It takes about 48 hours for hives to go away, which he did late in the night on Friday.

So, while my son has been eating Nabisco Graham crackers for a few years now, we are returning to Costco the box we just bought a month ago, and we will be buying no more Nabisco products. We are letting the church summer camp know that they are not safe to give to kids with peanut allergies! We are done with Nabisco! We will get our stuff at a specialty food store. We don't need to risk our son's health over corporate greed.

Original review: July 26, 2018

My 10 year old son asked me to buy Nilla Wafers today at Smart and Final. I agreed since it has been several years since we have had them and Nilla Wafers were a staple in our home growing up. I use to buy them when my son was 3 and 5 years old. For no real reason, I just have not bought them in years. So, we buy them. Tonight right after he ate a few, he broke out into a horrible rash with hives all over his body. We have not changed our laundry detergent, no new clothes, he didn't lay anywhere different or eat anything different except the Nilla Wafers.

We exhausted every possibility today. The only thing the doctor, my family and friends can conclude is that the Nilla Wafers are cross contaminated with something he is allergic to. He never had this problem when he was 3 to 5 years old. Needless to say, it took ** and a ** to start to clear him up. From what I have seen here in other reviews, Nabisco has some work to do in their facilities. Please take precautions when food is being prepared for the consumer.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I was a consumer of most all Nabisco products. Ritz crackers, Honeymaid Graham’s, Fig Newtons, Nilla Wafers and the list goes on. Honestly, you should look into your beloved products. They have completely changed Nabisco's recipes. I thought at first I had bought a bad package but it keeps happening. It’s good to know others are having the same problems.

Original review: June 30, 2018

These Nabisco Saltine Crackers are so hard I'm going to break a tooth. Are they old? I've bought three boxes and they were all like this. I even tried buying at different stores over the span of a few months. Send me a message if anyone knows of a better brand. I'm done with these.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Triscuit Fig and Honey - I purchased this product expecting a lightly sweet flavor. Tastes like someone dumped onion or garlic salt on them, no sweetness at all. Won’t purchase these again. Number 31Jul18xlc03.

Original review: May 14, 2018

A couple reviewers have recently posted the observation that they felt Nabisco had recently (i.e., in past year) downgraded the Triscuit size, recipe, and quality of taste. I'm posting to add my concurring opinion to the thread. My favorite of the new flavors that came out a few years ago was Dill and Olive Oil. I remember they used to be so rich and flavorful, you could bite into one and suck the richly aromatic, dill-laden olive oil into the back of your mouth. Heavenly! What others have reported is that their favorite Triscuit suddenly stopped tasting as rich and flavorful, and I agree. The change happened some time in the past few months. Now Triscuits seem dry, crumbly, very "blah" in flavor, and hardly worth eating after you got used to the originals.

This is the same kind of marketing genius a lot of new cool restaurants go through: They start out with top-drawer recipes and superb quality, and then, after a couple years, they start gradually downgrading the experience, little by little, one seemingly benign change after another -- so nobody will notice, I suppose. Well, I always notice. When the place or product gets degraded past a certain point, I simply stop going there or purchasing the product. I will no longer buy Triscuits because it is no longer a quality product. It has been dumbed down, in a way - because you have to be pretty dumb not to see what they are doing. I resent that kind of crass cynicism in commercial enterprises. Makes me feel USED.

Original review: May 1, 2018

These are NOT the Teddy Grahams I fed my sons when they were tot. Absolutely, positively disgusting. They were properly sealed. When I opened them and ate a few, I gagged. They had an acrid, chemical smell and an oily texture. Stupidly assuming that I was mistaken, I ate a few more. Nope. Not mistaken. I ate those last night before bed. This am I woke feeling nauseated. It's 10pm. I STILL feel sick. When I was a child, one of my favorite snacks was Graham crackers with peanut butter spread on them and a glass of milk. Honestly, I don't think I'll be able to stomach (no pun intended) any Graham products again in the foreseeable future.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I used to love Graham crackers. Especially the cinnamon ones. Well they must have forgotten to put the cinnamon on them. They are dry. They crack. I cannot put peanut butter on them anymore. They are smaller. They taste like plywood.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I enjoy Graham Crackers with my coffee every morning but lately they are not good. Taste has changed, color has changed and amount of crackers has shrunk in size. Last time I bought will be my last. Will return what I have left to Wal-mart for my money back. Important when opening box the glue used to seal the lid closed also dripped around the lid and caused a sharp point that pricked my hand. What a mess this product has become. I looked and yep made in Mexico. You people are so cheap as to send a great product south of our border and make them so poorly. Now you no longer will get my business.

That includes all products that you make. I sent an email. No response no surprise. Each time I eat a Graham now I get a cough. Now I know why. Very poor quality control. Who knows what is in them now. So consider me a past customer that will not return as long as you make products in Mexico. Here is seal number 440004717 -- Date and code 21 jul2018MS3124 bought from Wal-mart Blairsville Ga 30512.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Oreos and butter cookies made in Mexico taste like poison - The cookies that are made outside the USA have a gritty horrible aftertaste and I have to read the package to make sure I buy a batch made in the U.S. If you continue to ruin the cookies and charge top dollar for a product that is barely edible then my 40 year patronage to your company will end. I am far from the only one who feels this way.

Original review: March 8, 2018

Got the web because I was curious about Nabisco Graham Crackers. Lately been buying these and very disappointed in the taste and quality. They are thinner and smaller. They never break along the intended perforations. I'm done buying these. Sorry Nabisco, you are a has-been.

Original review: March 2, 2018

It seems that no matter what grocery store I purchase these crackers, they always come crushed, and broken. Maybe one package out of 4 is fine, the rest broken and useless. This has been happening for quite a while. Do not know why only the unsalted tops that this is happening with, but I will go to another brand for these crackers. Waste of my money.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I just bought myself a box of Nabisco Honey Maid Cinnamon Graham Crackers as a "treat" because they have been a favorite and weakness of mine. I don't usually keep them around because I'll devour the whole box in no time! Unfortunately, that is no longer a worry! I could not be more disappointed! The cinnamon and sugar topping is practically non-existent. The graham taste and texture is compromised. They crumble in your hand. Even the color is now different. I don't understand how these can be sold as the same product. They used to be worth the little extra in price but no more, in my opinion. What a shame. Will not be buying again!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I have been eating Nabisco (Honey Maid or not) Graham Crackers, through all the name and ingredient changes since I was a kid. Now you've gone too far. You've wrecked a completely good product. They don't look like graham crackers; they don't break like graham crackers; they don't have the texture of graham crackers and the taste, well, the taste is devoid of flavor. Now it's a nothing cracker. Thanks a lot! :(

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

My store runs a 2 for you. Buy 2 items for one price. I've been eating Oreos all my life but lately I am very upset with the quality of your cookies. I buy 2 packages every time I go shopping which is 1 every 2 weeks. The last 4 packages I have bought the cookies looked perfect but when you take them out they fall apart. I know shopping them is tricky but 4 bags is extreme to have the cookies fall apart so a very disapproved vote you are getting. Hopefully I will get Oreos back the way they are suppose to be and not broken into pieces.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

Terrible! Horrible! Might as well open up a can of plain stale bread crumbs. Forget about using for dips or spreading peanut butter and jelly on them. Oh and if you liked the taste of them... you can forget about that. I guess that's what happens when you try and make more money by moving to some third world country for cheap labor. We miss the old cracker, but as the days go by so does the desire to buy and eat them.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I love Ritz Hint of Salt crackers, except for one thing: about a fifth of them are almost always crumbled, or fall apart when you pick them up. I've actually weighed the crumbled bits -- 85 grams out of a full package of 388 grams recently ended up as crumbs or small pieces. Is anyone else having this problem?

Nabisco Company Information