Nabisco

Compare Food Products

Research top Food Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased a package of Oreo cookies and found package to be short approximately 1/3 the correct quantity. Did not know I purchased Mexican Oreos a the time. I will not buy any Nabisco product from now on. Posted photos on Facebook.

After reading the reviews and complaints on this site and other web sites with reviews of Nabisco products, I have come to the conclusion that Nabisco has duped us all. I have looked at a number of review site similar to ConsumerAffairs and have read the same type of negative reviews about Nabisco saltine crackers that I see on ConsumerAffairs' website. Any complaints directly to Nabisco regarding their now inedible Premium Saltine Crackers evidently have fallen on deaf ears.

Interestingly enough, there is one website that has 163 reviews of the Nabisco Premium Saltine Cracker. Guess what, folks, 163 of those 163 reviews are 5-star. What? Really? What are the odds? I want to know where those people buy their Nabisco crackers? I want to shop at their stores because they obviously do not buy crackers at the stores where I do. I even looked at the website's header to be sure I was reading reviews for Nabisco. Wonder which 163 Nabisco employees wrote those 163 reviews? I see writing a Nabisco review on Influenster in my near future. What fun! Wonder if Influenster's administrator will actually post it?

The last box of Nabisco "Original" Premium Saltine Crackers I bought had a date of 04Jan16. I assume it was manufactured on that date. I do not know when I bought it, but I have been hanging onto it hoping that someone would say "send your Nabisco crackers here for testing". I threw away all but a couple of the small packages. When I opened the box, I noticed the really awful smell. If you can manage to somehow get past the odor and bite into a cracker, the taste is even worse.

Note, the Nabisco box still carries the claim "Original Premium Saltine Crackers". There is nothing "original" at all about the crackers Nabisco is producing now. Let's face it, saltine crackers, in and of themselves, do not have a huge taste presence. They have always been a little bland, but had a nice, toasty taste. The cracker has always been topped with salt you could see. In fact, there was so much salt that when you turned the sleeve of crackers upside down to dump them out, you had to hold the package over a bowl or salt would spill everywhere. When I was pregnant and had morning sickness, I must have eaten a jillion Nabisco saltine crackers. I have always loved to dip Nabisco crackers smeared with real butter into bowls of hot, tomato soup. Sooo yummy. Well, I can't do that anymore.

I just do not know how any company could produce a bad tasting saltine cracker - but Nabisco has managed to do so! The crackers are very white and much thinner than what I had come to expect from Nabisco, and there is almost no salt on the top. Reminds me very much of a white, tasteless communion wafer, except Nabisco's cracker has an awful smell and tastes like what you might imagine insecticide would taste like.

I do not know where the saltine crackers I bought were made. The plant code looks like "BD". I do not find a reference to those letters in any Nabisco plant code information on the internet. Nor, does the box designate that the crackers were made in any other country than the USA. But, that is a whole other issue. It appears that Nabisco, with a lot of nerve and a straight face, advertises to unsuspecting consumers that the Premium Saltine Crackers they offer for sale are the "original". Does Nabisco think the public is really so dumb that consumers will continue to buy and eat that crap? I guess they do.

I purchase low fat Triscuit and have noticed how many broken crackers are in the box. While eating the crackers, they are rather solid to eat, yet when I search for intact crackers, I find many broken pieces. I suspect this is way to fill the box for the appropriate weight I'm being charged for? I don't use the broken pieces for anything, so it's a waste to me for a third of the box (weight I've paid for). Perhaps there could be better quality control or otherwise, maybe I need to change to a different brand.

Been buying the Nilla wafer pie crusts for years to make pies for family. Bought 3 today; used one. I thought it looked different, but when me and my family tasted it the difference was clear: it's awful. Tastes grainy, can't tell there are Nilla vanilla wafers in there. It's just flour. Wasted my money and will never buy again. Consumers have a right to be aware when a long-standing product has been changed. You have the right to change all you want, just notify the consumer so we don't waste our hard-earned money!!!

I have been buying my wife Nabisco Chips Ahoy cookies for years, she loves them! But in the past years we have cut down on sugars and haven't bought them in a few years. We decided we're going to go back to The Chips Ahoy! When I bought a bag of them last week my wife opened the bag and ate the first cookie, she was shocked at the nasty taste and the chemical smell coming from the bag! I went ahead and tried a cookie and that cookie was NOT the Chips Ahoy we were use to! I then noticed the cookies were now made in Mexico!... Mexico? Huh?... Nabisco is obviously slipping financially! (I think Donald Trump will solve that problem). My wife said she would never eat another one ever! Nabisco! Please go back to the old Chips Ahoy cookie! They were truly America's cookie!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nabisco?

My husband and I purchase your peanut butter crackers as a snack for ourselves and our grandchildren. The last 3 times we purchased the 8 ct packs we experienced no peanut butter between several of the packages. You can't tell from looking at them because peanut butter seems to be around the rim but when you open the package you find nothing. We will be switching to another brand.

"You used to sell 16 OZ boxes that contained at least 160 crackers. I'm very OCD so I count them. There are now around 120 or less. Math says these boxes are 12 OZ. Each OZ was 10 crackers years ago. The last box had 116! Please correct all future boxes. Do NOT just offer me a few free boxes. The FTC will be contacted. I will allow 3 month to correct the problem." I sent this in around 3 weeks ago and haven't gotten a response. Is there still an organization out there that weighs products or can a company rip off customers? A 13.7 OZ box should contain 137 crackers.

If I could give zero stars or negative star I would. We used to purchase these cookies and they were great. I purchased them for the first time in a long while and they are the most disgusting things I have ever tasted. There is no taste whatsoever and it just taste like eating cardboard. I don't know what Nabisco did to their chocolate chip cookies but they need to resolve the issue. I will never purchase these cookies again.

I will not buy Ritz Crackers ever again. They crumble to the touch, no substance, no flavor, and they actually look anemic. You cannot spread anything on them without breakage. They are not edible without some spread or cheese. I have loved Ritz crackers my entire life, but I will never eat one again unless they go back to the old recipe. Ritz are DISGUSTING.

I bought these thinking I was getting blueberry figs? They are the most disgusting cookie that I have eaten claiming to be Blueberry! Not sure what you people are trying to do to your products? Whatever it is, I will not be buying your produces in the future, and looking at all the other complaints, I'm not alone!

These cookies have always been very special and the kids could have one of "mom's" cookies if they asked. You have changed the ingredients of at least the chocolate and they are awful and just like every other company. I will never buy them again unless you change back to the original recipe. The dark chocolate is better for us anyway and I don't like milk chocolate.

I loved Chips Ahoy but not anymore, I loved Fig Newtons but not anymore - I guess you can say if it's made by Nabisco I don't love it anymore. I stopped buying most Nabisco products because of the lack of taste, opening something to have it in crumbles and or the chemical smell coming from the products. I never paid much attention but after this last box of Chicken in a Biskit crackers I read the box, What the heck is Genetic Engineering?? I looked it up and I don't want some science experiment going on with my food. This is what I found when I searched it:

Genetically Engineered Foods, Genetically modified organisms, or GMOs, are organisms that have been created through application of transgenic, gene-splicing techniques that are part of biotechnology. These transgenic methods for moving genes around are also called genetic engineering, or GE. WE are a family farm and fight like heck against GMO's, so with Nabisco producing their products with GMOs and also coming in from Mexico - I will no longer buy any product under their brand name Mondelez International.

Has anyone noticed recent boxes of Teddy Grahams Honey with a terrible taste and after taste? We've bought these for years and this latest batch is awful - there is a flavor like metal or chemical that is not good. What is worse is that the after taste lingers even longer. There is something wrong with these. Not enjoyable at all.

Ever since the crackers started being packaged in plastic sleeves instead of the waxed paper ones, the crackers are of a much lower quality. This has been several years. The crackers used to be very crisp. Now, they are always soft. If I am going to pay so much more for crackers, I expect the ones I used to get, not the ones being sold these days. Please let me know how Nabisco is going to address this problem. I don't want free crackers. I want to be able to buy crisp ones.

Purchase two boxes of Minis Premium Crackers at LeBlanc Super Market, Drusilla Road, Baton Rouge, LA on 11-14-2016. Stated eating one box on Tuesday, 11-15-16 and notices the crackers had an undesirable taste. So on Wednesday I opened the other box and it taste the same. I usually eat four boxes per week. I do not have my receipt from Leblanc's Super Market for the crackers. I will bring the two boxes back to Leblanc Super Market and they can give back to Nabisco.

Thank God it was not just me. I did not know that Nabisco cookies are now made in Mexico. I kept buying Ritz crackers and noticed that when I bought the regular there was no salt at all on them. Then when I bought a box recently, the salt is so immense that I could not eat them. Horrible, Horrible, Horrible. Also, I noticed that they crumble to the touch and sometimes they are all crumbled before you even take them out of the sleeve. You can forget about spreading anything on them. I even tried eating them with slices of cheese which requires no spreading, still a problem. And Oreos are not the same either. They don't have that rich chocolate flavor that I used to eat until I was stuffed. Nabisco is off the list of cookies for me. Stay in Mexico you bunch of greedy bastards but you won't get another dime from me. And I know all your products.

What has happened to the quality of product that Nabisco is now putting out? Specifically their Graham crackers which were always high quality and taste. It was so obvious that they have changed that I took to this site to consider making a complaint and I was amazed how many similar complaints there are. Many of these complaints reference that they are now owned by Mondelez a Mexico based company, and apparently Nabisco has moved much of their production facilities to Mexico. While that is upsetting, it's too easy to use that as an excuse. I really hope that Mondelez cares about the quality of their products and monitors these type complaints because they should if they want to be continue the success Nabisco has had.

Nabisco, like many companies made their name and reputation on producing high quality, great tasting products. People grew up eating their brands. Nabisco went through many buyouts and new owners over the years, but they maintained their reputation for quality and taste. They were never the cheapest, but you always knew you were getting quality. Then what happens? Mondelez somewhat quietly buys the company and gradually takes it from a US brand to a global brand under the Mondelez name. Then production begins shifting to Mexico a little at a time. Raw materials and quality are not the same, and the same standard of quality isn't established in Mexico like it is here.

What we consider inferior, they would find acceptable because they didn't have a comparison. So one of two things is happening, either the execs at Mondelez think they are producing a great product of the highest quality because they don't know any better, OR they know they are making an inferior product now, but the global volume they are selling offsets the loss in US sales they are experiencing from those that are no longer happy with their product? And they are making more money, by using inferior raw materials and cheap labor. It's all about mass production on a global scale of low to average quality product and making a huge margin while they can. I have always been loyal to the brands I trust. I will no longer consider Nabisco one of those brands.

Since I am 62 years old, I have experienced many changes in the manufacturing and quality of cookies. Many years ago, the production of cookies used lard as an ingredient. Lard helped the cookies stay moist and actually enhanced the flavor. The transition to vegetable oil replacing lard was tolerable, though it took a bit of getting used to. When we go shopping, I usually let my teenage daughter pick out the snacks. They usually picked out Nabisco because of the name and package recognition. However, when I consumed some there was an unpleasant texture and taste. Then I noticed the new producer was Mondelez consumer brands.

Recently, we went shopping, and I had some Keebler coupons, and the items were also on sale! So, I purchased a few bags of Chips Deluxe. Upon taking the first bite, the cookie remarkably had the same "mouth-feel" that the cookies of my youth had. They tasted like the were just baked. Same quality difference between Nabisco's Cheese Nips and Keebler's Cheez-Its. Guess Keebler gained a customer whereby Nabisco lost one!

Oreos: Thinner, irregular filling, broken cookies, unfilled packages, don't taste right. Chips Ahoy: Thinner, break and crumble while picking them up. Honey Graham - Less dense, more air, less tasty. Premium Saltines - Broken, not sealed right, don't taste right. You've gone to Mexico and you are no longer providing me with the products I associate with your brands that I have bought for decades. Goodbye.

Cinnamon graham crackers has no cinnamon on top and no taste. I found they are now made in Mexico. Sad when we trust our food to another country. Stop complaining to Nabisco and let your stores know. I guarantee if huge stores took their product off shelves then they may do something. What are we eating?

Nabisco Original Premium Crackers - I don't buy a ton of brand name products, way too expensive, but Nabisco Crackers have always been a staple in my cabinets. Recently the last few boxes have been "off". This most recent box actually tastes like soap, it's terrible. The boxes before they were unsalted, even though I buy the original ones with sea salt. They tasted like cardboard and no matter what I tried to put on them they were awful. I ended up using them as dog treats. I'm very disappointed and have to start looking for a generic brand that tastes like the Premium used to.

Over the last few years, I am noticing more and more that our familiar brands of food are changing, and NOT for the good. Nalley's Banquet dill pickles, a family favorite for almost 60 years are tough, bitter and just don't taste anything like they used to. They are now being grown and processed in India. The latest products to disappoint are Nabisco crackers. The Premium saltines are tough and tasteless. Made in Mexico. Honey Maid Graham crackers, also made in Mexico, are smaller, fewer in a box and lighter (as if they are whipping air into them before baking). I have yet to find a whole cracker in a new box (can't make smores). They come out crumbled and broken. I see online that a lot of people are complaining of a chemical smell and taste. So here again, our jobs are going out of country, the companies are changing to cheaper ingredients and the quality is dropping dramatically.

I'm 80 and as far back as I can remember I have enjoyed Nabisco products but something extraordinary has happened to the brand. Yes, it has moved the manufacture of these products to Mondelez in Mexico and they are now nothing but garbage. I just opened my last box of Nabisco Honey Grahams and there is no taste. Wait, I take that back I can't describe the taste except maybe cardboard or worse. And don't get me going on the Ritz crackers. If they don't arrive with many broken ones in the sleeve they may break as you take them out of the sleeve and they will definitely crumble when you try to spread anything on them or dip them into any kind of mix. And the Oreos? Not only have they shrunken to about half their original size but the filling is less and is also tasteless. I'm sure the big shots at Nabisco are still getting their outrageous salaries and bonuses and I'm even surer that they don't care what the consumer thinks but are they ever wrong.

One of my first courses in college was sales and marketing and I learned way back then that there are three things that companies need to do to sell their products. Pay close attention to PRICE, QUALITY, AND SERVICE. When you pay twice as much for something and get half as much product that's strike one. When you stiff the customer with food that's not fit to eat that's strike two. And the strikeout comes when you don't acknowledge that you already have two strikes. Wake up Nabisco but it may already be too late to save an icon. I understand that Keebler Elves make much better Crackers and cookies. Or I might even try the store brand. Gasp!

My latest bag of Oreo cookies was definitely lacking something--doesn't have that same intensely chocolate taste, the filling is not as thick, the cookies easily break apart. I looked at the bag & discovered that they are not made in Mexico. Very disappointed in the new cookie & will think twice about purchasing Oreos.

I have enjoyed Graham Crackers all my life. I am now 69 years old. Doesn't seem that long ago since I bought a box, but today I was disappointed, angry and had to look at the box several times. I thought I had bought the wrong brand. They were very thin, very narrow, did not break in center and were extremely crumbly. Went through my pantry and I had 3 different Nabisco products and noticed they are all made in Mexico. I will not buy another one of your products. Huge disappointment in what used to be a dependable company. You need to take your name off the boxes. I will be spreading the word about your inferior products.

I'm glad to see other reviews with the same issues I've had with Nabisco products. Ritz have been awful the past year or two - they crumble just by looking at them. I now have a large jar of Ritz crumbs to use for meatloaf and baked chicken. And the saltines are often stale because the sleeves are not sealed properly. As for the Fig Newtons, not only are the packages much smaller, but the recipe seems to be different - they taste much more grainy and woody - not as good. I've switched to the store brands, much better. This past year, I did complain about the products and was sent a coupon for one free Nabisco product - whoopeee. I'd much prefer that Nabisco goes back to the original quality of the food, and better quality control.

We are loyal fig newtons snackers and were recently frustrated to find that the packages are considerably smaller and the cookies are even smaller - all for the same money. Thanks for contributing to additional packaging waste and forcing me to try the knockoffs that are a better value. I get that costs rise but I'd rather pay more for the original size.

I have been a life long consumer of Nabisco products. With regards to the Ritz Cracker product line, within the past year I have found that most of the crackers upon opening are broken at both ends of the roll as well as the center. When I take a single cracker out it breaks. Nothing like what is shown in TV commercials! What ingredient has been removed as a cost cutting measure that makes the crackers so brittle? It isn't shipping. Also, the adhesive that seals the seam from top to bottom is so bad that many of the boxes I open have this seal broken and the crackers are stale. The shelf life is also very short now. The amount of crackers per roll has dropped but the price has increased. I will now start buying the house brand of these snack crackers since Nabisco has lost my trust and business.

I'm a big fan of Premium crackers - as long as they're the original, salted style. But I've noticed an extremely odd fact: each sleeve has a different number of crackers! I've counted between 36 and 43 crackers in the individual sleeves, with fairly even distribution across that range. Now, I haven't kept track to see if there is a standard total for each box as a whole, so I don't know if they routinely contain the same total number of crackers per box or not. It's just that with so much automation, in the manufacturing process, it's odd to find a deviation as large as a 7-cracker swing per sleeve. Anyone else noticed this?

Saltines we bought, put into cupboard and couldn't figure out what the odor was the next day. Opened up the saltines for soup and they tasted bitter and the odor was like paint thinner. No longer buying products coming from the countries.

Nabisco Company Profile