2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.9/5 (353 ratings)

About Lipton Tea

Lipton Tea Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lipton Tea?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lipton Tea?

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

Terrible taste and smell. I started drinking Lipton cold brew in May 2021. Started noticing change in taste and smell in July. In August I purchased my last box which the smell and taste was intolerable.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Been drinking this for some time however the last box we bought had a strange smell to it once opened and the tea tasted as bad as it smelled when brewed, smell was like some grassy definitely did not smell like tea...

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2020

I purchased one after not having one for some time. I injured my left hand trying to open it and it won't open. Seriously. I am worried I may have torn something so that tells you something. Apparently this has been a problem for 8 years and they will never correct it. Never again purchasing and highly suggest you don't so you can save money on a product that is practical to open.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2020

This tea smells of very strong and concentrated chemicals. I did not drink it neither did the rest of my family. I cannot describe the smell but it was horribly repulsive. Maybe a fishy smell. I just bought this tea but I am sure not to do so again. I used to love and drink Lipton tea.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I read a lot of the reviews on here and I don't know what is wrong with these people. Maybe they don't know how tea is supposed to taste. For years Lipton has always had a lot of Tannic Acid aka Tannin. It is a pungent tasting chemical that has a drying taste. In fact it is used to clot blood. It is the most present flavor in red wine. Try a glass of white wine and then a glass of red, that "dry," bitter flavor is tannin. You also taste it when eating grapes of any color because it is in the skins. Red wine allows for greater contact with the skins. Yes, some white wines are made with red grapes but the skins are not fermented with the juice.

Anyway, back to Lipton tea. I always hated that tannic flavor note and never drank it. I always bought Tetley, Salada, Red Rose, or Twinings. I recently had to buy Lipton because that was all the store I went in had. I was pleasantly surprised by the disappearance of the tannic acid. I will now buy Lipton more often. Lipton, thank you.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Recently Costco stopped carrying Lipton tea bags. I think I now know why. This was when lipton changed the packaging. I have no problem with the new packaging but the new taste is abominable. I switched to Tetley British at that time and was (and still am) very happy with their product, but with the COVID-19 pandemic Walmart ran out of stock, offering the new Lipton bags instead. I didn't suspect that the new Lipton bags are not only physically different but the taste is atrocious. Thank you lipton for producing a horrible brew; you must have turned into sociopaths. So now I have to throw my packs of new lipton bags into the garbage. I hope I'm not violating hazardous waste disposal laws.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Weak taste. Tea greenish brown in color not rich brown as before. I have been drinking this product for about eight years. When I purchase the cold brew I generally buy 4 boxes at a time, boy I wish I hadn’t this last purchase. Which will be my last purchase unless Lipton wakes up!!! Has Lipton never heard of New Wave Coca Cola, duh!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

For the last 3 years or so, Lipton has been packaging their teabags in a gold mylar "freshness pack" of 25 bags. When you open the gold pack, the 25 bags are loose inside. This is not useful, since I travel and cannot take a few bags with me. This is not useful either for cafeterias, hotels, and hospitals, where teabags are displayed in a basket for customers to select. I complained twice to Lipton, using the lot number on the box. I was traveling in California and noticed a huge pallet of Lipton tea at Grocery Outlet, selling for 1/2 price. I thought, "Good, they're getting rid of that awful packaging."

Back home, I bought a box at the grocery store--the outside of the box did not show the gold "freshness pack," so I thought Lipton had understood customers don't want it. I opened it and-darn!--there were the gold sleeves again. I thought to myself: "How many other customers like myself were fooled?" Lipton had taken the customer feedback, and instead of putting the bags in individual paper covers like before, they had only removed the information from the outside of the box! I believe the company was bought out by someone like the Koch Brothers perhaps. Someone who really hates people and loves money only.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

My family has been drinking Lipton Black Tea for three generations now. Its iced tea alone made for some fond memories and truly terrific tea punch. No more. The current version ranges from bland to rust-tasting to straight-up bitter, no matter how many boxes you buy or stores you purchase them from. It takes ten-fifteen bags to make a pitcher, where it used to take eight or less; and at least one bag breaks open the minute you pour hot water on them. My grandmother used to say never buy cheap sugar, flour, or tea. I never thought that would apply to Lipton, but it does now in spades. You guys have major tea competition out there, so what’s with this cost-cutting crap? Shouldn’t you be upping your game instead of cheating loyal customers? Until you get this straight, we’ll be drinking Luizianne’s tea, thank you very much. Major letdown...

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Lipton tea bitter now. Like so many others I thought my taste buds were off or I got a bad batch. Sadly. After 55 years of being a Lipton tea drinker I am going to switch. I used to carry bags with me. In case the restaurant did not carry lipton. Sad to see this brand crash and burn.

Lipton Tea Company Information