2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

Lipton Tea Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lipton Tea?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lipton Tea?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I'm a lifelong Lipton customer, but now I'm done. A tea bag has exactly one job: to keep the tea leaves inside. Lipton's don't do this anymore. When I tried to contact the company to complain, they wanted to know the lot number. It doesn't matter--this has been going on for months with multiple boxes! Clearly this isn't the result of some slip-up in manufacturing--it's a design problem. If I wanted that mess, I'd use loose tea and a tea ball. So, adios Lipton. You lost a loyal customer for good.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Really glad I googled this! What did the Lipton Tea Company do to us? The tea tastes beyond bad!!!! I’ve been a faithful consumer for over 50 years and I’m done! I thought it was a bad batch, I opened my new restaurant style 3 box pack and thought they had gone by! I bought a small pack to see if they would be good but they were terrible! The after taste is really weird, it actually hurts my throat, it tastes like chemicals! What the heck is going on? I feel like I’ve been poisoned and I think we deserve answers! Can anyone recommend a different brand of tea bags? I WILL NEVER BUY OR DRINK WHATEVER THEY ARE PAWNING OFF ON US! IT’S GROSS! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I'm a regular Lipton tea 100 natural. And now here comes this black tea. No original tea. Nowhere. Please bring back the original. This black tea leaves a nasty taste In my mouth and to think I bought the big pack. Waste of my money. I'll be giving it away or it will go to the garbage. Not good at all.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Bring back my orange pekoe! I too have been drinking Lipton tea for decades. The product on the store shelves is sub-par. The taste is dark and dirty. It's also made my reflux much worse. Lipton has either completely sold their soul, or some executive’s child had an idea... a bad one! I'm switching brands.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I don't understand why they are only selling black tea now. It's gross. I used to love making sun tea. Now I refuse to buy their tea until they bring the regular tea back and I know a lot of disappointed people and my 11 year old daughter makes a disgusted face when she sees the tea.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Looks like Lipton Tea has gone into full cost cutting mode. Each tea bag used to come in a paper bag, which kept each tea bag safe. Now with them all "naked" and rubbing against each other, bumping about during shipping, stacking up on each other, etc. results in torn or small holes in each tea bag. I used to enjoy the tea, now each tea cup ends up with lots of tea floaters and dust at the bottom of the cup. The taste has gone downhill too - more cost cutting it seems on quality of tea. Time to move onto another brand which is customer focused, not cost focused.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I have been using Lipton Green Tea since a year and this time while having just saw something before putting the tea bag in cup. Being more concerned about what it is, I just opened the Tea Bag and there were 4 worms in the tea bag. I just couldn't understand what should I do. They were like, yukkkk. How can I have such. God knows how many would have I used without noticing. I have taken the pics also, if needed and if asked I can provide the same. Still I do have the whole new 100 pouches box of Green (Lemon & Honey flavor). Neither I'm able to connect to the customer care to lodge any compliant towards them. I have kept the whole unboxed box. Let see what happens. But my trust for Lipton products is gone.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I am a Lipton tea drinker for over 40 years. I've tried others and have always come back to Lipton. But my latest box of 100 Black Tea bags purchased and opened 2 weeks ago has a different and unpleasant taste. Something similar to dishwater if being brutal. I've tested the sugar and milk, used different cups, fresh water in kettle every time, but it's definitely the tea bags. Looks like I'll be finding another brand.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I am 55 years old and have been a Lipton tea drinker as far back I can remember. I am known for my delicious iced tea and for drinking hot tea in my classroom. My students even call me "Sweet T"! The last box of tea bags that I bought have a very different taste that is not pleasant. It has the same taste that the Lipton Keurig cups have and I do not find it appetizing. I buy the old fashioned paper wrapped bags to keep in my classroom and they taste fine but the gold foil wrapped sleeves are not good. They leave a "perfumy" aftertaste. I am afraid that I am going to have to change tea brands after 50 years.... :(

Original review: June 24, 2019

I have been drinking Lipton tea in the morning for at least 40 years. This year it tastes so different that I went online to see if they changed the tea. It seems all Lipton tea drinkers are switching to another brand because Lipton tea is not the same. What happened to orange pekoe blend? I am throwing away all the Lipton tea I have and never buying it again. Too bad the company doesn’t care that so many are switching brands. They must make more money on the overpriced bottled teas.

Lipton Tea Company Information