2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Lipton Tea Reviews

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Lipton tea bitter now. Like so many others I thought my taste buds were off or I got a bad batch. Sadly. After 55 years of being a Lipton tea drinker I am going to switch. I used to carry bags with me. In case the restaurant did not carry lipton. Sad to see this brand crash and burn.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Unfortunately, I’ve recently noticed this year my tea taste different. It seems to be leaving and awful bitter after taste and even making my tongue burn after drinking it. What have you changed? I use decaf instant and the brewing tea bags. That’s a separate issue as they are all broke open. Disappointed Loyal TEA Drinker.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

No more Lipton Cold Brew Tea for me! For the past year it has had a horrible bitter taste. I thought there was something wrong with my taste buds. I will no longer buy Lipton products. Bye-bye Crappy tasting tea!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Lipton, What happened to your quality products? First of all, the tea does not taste the same. Put back the blend you have for YEARS! This new blend is bland. Secondly WHY DOES EVERY BAG break when they are put in a cup of water in the Microwave. I have not had this happen with any other brand JUST LIPTON! It happens EVERY time for the LAST YEAR! Looks like I will be going back to Red Rose Tea. You will be missed!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I'm a lifelong Lipton customer, but now I'm done. A tea bag has exactly one job: to keep the tea leaves inside. Lipton's don't do this anymore. When I tried to contact the company to complain, they wanted to know the lot number. It doesn't matter--this has been going on for months with multiple boxes! Clearly this isn't the result of some slip-up in manufacturing--it's a design problem. If I wanted that mess, I'd use loose tea and a tea ball. So, adios Lipton. You lost a loyal customer for good.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lipton Tea?

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

Really glad I googled this! What did the Lipton Tea Company do to us? The tea tastes beyond bad!!!! I’ve been a faithful consumer for over 50 years and I’m done! I thought it was a bad batch, I opened my new restaurant style 3 box pack and thought they had gone by! I bought a small pack to see if they would be good but they were terrible! The after taste is really weird, it actually hurts my throat, it tastes like chemicals! What the heck is going on? I feel like I’ve been poisoned and I think we deserve answers! Can anyone recommend a different brand of tea bags? I WILL NEVER BUY OR DRINK WHATEVER THEY ARE PAWNING OFF ON US! IT’S GROSS! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

I'm a regular Lipton tea 100 natural. And now here comes this black tea. No original tea. Nowhere. Please bring back the original. This black tea leaves a nasty taste In my mouth and to think I bought the big pack. Waste of my money. I'll be giving it away or it will go to the garbage. Not good at all.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2019

Bring back my orange pekoe! I too have been drinking Lipton tea for decades. The product on the store shelves is sub-par. The taste is dark and dirty. It's also made my reflux much worse. Lipton has either completely sold their soul, or some executive’s child had an idea... a bad one! I'm switching brands.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I don't understand why they are only selling black tea now. It's gross. I used to love making sun tea. Now I refuse to buy their tea until they bring the regular tea back and I know a lot of disappointed people and my 11 year old daughter makes a disgusted face when she sees the tea.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Looks like Lipton Tea has gone into full cost cutting mode. Each tea bag used to come in a paper bag, which kept each tea bag safe. Now with them all "naked" and rubbing against each other, bumping about during shipping, stacking up on each other, etc. results in torn or small holes in each tea bag. I used to enjoy the tea, now each tea cup ends up with lots of tea floaters and dust at the bottom of the cup. The taste has gone downhill too - more cost cutting it seems on quality of tea. Time to move onto another brand which is customer focused, not cost focused.

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Lipton Tea Company Information