2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.73/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Lipton Tea Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lipton Tea?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lipton Tea?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I read a lot of the reviews on here and I don't know what is wrong with these people. Maybe they don't know how tea is supposed to taste. For years Lipton has always had a lot of Tannic Acid aka Tannin. It is a pungent tasting chemical that has a drying taste. In fact it is used to clot blood. It is the most present flavor in red wine. Try a glass of white wine and then a glass of red, that "dry," bitter flavor is tannin. You also taste it when eating grapes of any color because it is in the skins. Red wine allows for greater contact with the skins. Yes, some white wines are made with red grapes but the skins are not fermented with the juice.

Anyway, back to Lipton tea. I always hated that tannic flavor note and never drank it. I always bought Tetley, Salada, Red Rose, or Twinings. I recently had to buy Lipton because that was all the store I went in had. I was pleasantly surprised by the disappearance of the tannic acid. I will now buy Lipton more often. Lipton, thank you.

Original review: May 29, 2020

Recently Costco stopped carrying Lipton tea bags. I think I now know why. This was when lipton changed the packaging. I have no problem with the new packaging but the new taste is abominable. I switched to Tetley British at that time and was (and still am) very happy with their product, but with the COVID-19 pandemic Walmart ran out of stock, offering the new Lipton bags instead. I didn't suspect that the new Lipton bags are not only physically different but the taste is atrocious. Thank you lipton for producing a horrible brew; you must have turned into sociopaths. So now I have to throw my packs of new lipton bags into the garbage. I hope I'm not violating hazardous waste disposal laws.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

Weak taste. Tea greenish brown in color not rich brown as before. I have been drinking this product for about eight years. When I purchase the cold brew I generally buy 4 boxes at a time, boy I wish I hadn’t this last purchase. Which will be my last purchase unless Lipton wakes up!!! Has Lipton never heard of New Wave Coca Cola, duh!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

For the last 3 years or so, Lipton has been packaging their teabags in a gold mylar "freshness pack" of 25 bags. When you open the gold pack, the 25 bags are loose inside. This is not useful, since I travel and cannot take a few bags with me. This is not useful either for cafeterias, hotels, and hospitals, where teabags are displayed in a basket for customers to select. I complained twice to Lipton, using the lot number on the box. I was traveling in California and noticed a huge pallet of Lipton tea at Grocery Outlet, selling for 1/2 price. I thought, "Good, they're getting rid of that awful packaging."

Back home, I bought a box at the grocery store--the outside of the box did not show the gold "freshness pack," so I thought Lipton had understood customers don't want it. I opened it and-darn!--there were the gold sleeves again. I thought to myself: "How many other customers like myself were fooled?" Lipton had taken the customer feedback, and instead of putting the bags in individual paper covers like before, they had only removed the information from the outside of the box! I believe the company was bought out by someone like the Koch Brothers perhaps. Someone who really hates people and loves money only.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2020

My family has been drinking Lipton Black Tea for three generations now. Its iced tea alone made for some fond memories and truly terrific tea punch. No more. The current version ranges from bland to rust-tasting to straight-up bitter, no matter how many boxes you buy or stores you purchase them from. It takes ten-fifteen bags to make a pitcher, where it used to take eight or less; and at least one bag breaks open the minute you pour hot water on them. My grandmother used to say never buy cheap sugar, flour, or tea. I never thought that would apply to Lipton, but it does now in spades. You guys have major tea competition out there, so what’s with this cost-cutting crap? Shouldn’t you be upping your game instead of cheating loyal customers? Until you get this straight, we’ll be drinking Luizianne’s tea, thank you very much. Major letdown...

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Lipton tea bitter now. Like so many others I thought my taste buds were off or I got a bad batch. Sadly. After 55 years of being a Lipton tea drinker I am going to switch. I used to carry bags with me. In case the restaurant did not carry lipton. Sad to see this brand crash and burn.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Unfortunately, I’ve recently noticed this year my tea taste different. It seems to be leaving and awful bitter after taste and even making my tongue burn after drinking it. What have you changed? I use decaf instant and the brewing tea bags. That’s a separate issue as they are all broke open. Disappointed Loyal TEA Drinker.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2019

No more Lipton Cold Brew Tea for me! For the past year it has had a horrible bitter taste. I thought there was something wrong with my taste buds. I will no longer buy Lipton products. Bye-bye Crappy tasting tea!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Lipton, What happened to your quality products? First of all, the tea does not taste the same. Put back the blend you have for YEARS! This new blend is bland. Secondly WHY DOES EVERY BAG break when they are put in a cup of water in the Microwave. I have not had this happen with any other brand JUST LIPTON! It happens EVERY time for the LAST YEAR! Looks like I will be going back to Red Rose Tea. You will be missed!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

I'm a lifelong Lipton customer, but now I'm done. A tea bag has exactly one job: to keep the tea leaves inside. Lipton's don't do this anymore. When I tried to contact the company to complain, they wanted to know the lot number. It doesn't matter--this has been going on for months with multiple boxes! Clearly this isn't the result of some slip-up in manufacturing--it's a design problem. If I wanted that mess, I'd use loose tea and a tea ball. So, adios Lipton. You lost a loyal customer for good.

Lipton Tea Company Information