3.58/5

274 Lipton Tea Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I don't understand why they are only selling black tea now. It's gross. I used to love making sun tea. Now I refuse to buy their tea until they bring the regular tea back and I know a lot of disappointed people and my 11 year old daughter makes a disgusted face when she sees the tea.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Looks like Lipton Tea has gone into full cost cutting mode. Each tea bag used to come in a paper bag, which kept each tea bag safe. Now with them all "naked" and rubbing against each other, bumping about during shipping, stacking up on each other, etc. results in torn or small holes in each tea bag. I used to enjoy the tea, now each tea cup ends up with lots of tea floaters and dust at the bottom of the cup. The taste has gone downhill too - more cost cutting it seems on quality of tea. Time to move onto another brand which is customer focused, not cost focused.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I have been using Lipton Green Tea since a year and this time while having just saw something before putting the tea bag in cup. Being more concerned about what it is, I just opened the Tea Bag and there were 4 worms in the tea bag. I just couldn't understand what should I do. They were like, yukkkk. How can I have such. God knows how many would have I used without noticing. I have taken the pics also, if needed and if asked I can provide the same. Still I do have the whole new 100 pouches box of Green (Lemon & Honey flavor). Neither I'm able to connect to the customer care to lodge any compliant towards them. I have kept the whole unboxed box. Let see what happens. But my trust for Lipton products is gone.

Original review: June 26, 2019

I am a Lipton tea drinker for over 40 years. I've tried others and have always come back to Lipton. But my latest box of 100 Black Tea bags purchased and opened 2 weeks ago has a different and unpleasant taste. Something similar to dishwater if being brutal. I've tested the sugar and milk, used different cups, fresh water in kettle every time, but it's definitely the tea bags. Looks like I'll be finding another brand.

Original review: June 25, 2019

I am 55 years old and have been a Lipton tea drinker as far back I can remember. I am known for my delicious iced tea and for drinking hot tea in my classroom. My students even call me "Sweet T"! The last box of tea bags that I bought have a very different taste that is not pleasant. It has the same taste that the Lipton Keurig cups have and I do not find it appetizing. I buy the old fashioned paper wrapped bags to keep in my classroom and they taste fine but the gold foil wrapped sleeves are not good. They leave a "perfumy" aftertaste. I am afraid that I am going to have to change tea brands after 50 years.... :(

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lipton Tea?

Original review: June 24, 2019

I have been drinking Lipton tea in the morning for at least 40 years. This year it tastes so different that I went online to see if they changed the tea. It seems all Lipton tea drinkers are switching to another brand because Lipton tea is not the same. What happened to orange pekoe blend? I am throwing away all the Lipton tea I have and never buying it again. Too bad the company doesn’t care that so many are switching brands. They must make more money on the overpriced bottled teas.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I am drinking Lipton Loose Green from 3 years regularly but from past 3 months their packing standard are not good. One time I got green tea which has no aroma or flavour of honey and lemon.. And this time I have doubt so I make a unpack video.. Sadly this the inner silver packing was already opened. It has clearly understood that while packing they don’t check their batch. Maybe it’s time to switch to another brand.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I have been using Lipton tea since 1963, for Southern sweet tea, hot tea, iced tea, punch, etc. and never have I ever had most tea bags start leaking as soon as they get wet. I am not a fortune teller, I don’t need these in my cup! If I wanted to be spitting out tea leaves a few times a day I would switch to loose tea. The packaging changed to the foil tubes, and they have lost the distinctive Lipton aroma and flavor... Paper sachets kept the tea leaves fresher in my tea caddy than this *improvement*! I used to get the 100 teabag box every few weeks... But I am so over playing with the tea strainer and reheating for such low quality taste. After fifty-six years, I have switched to a Chai brand (I know used tea leaves are a good garden soil additive, so that is where the rest of the Lipton tea bags are going).

Original review: May 21, 2019

I have used Lipton tea bags for 45 years but have recently noticed change. Black tea horrible, regular tea has no taste, Iced tea turns milky after you put in fridge, and the tea bags break open very very easily. I have to strain after brewing. I have decided to change brands.

Original review: May 17, 2019

I have been reading reviews about leaky tea bags. All similar to my experience. But I did not see any answers to the problem. I have been straining the bags through a filter. It does not affect the taste but is inconvenient. I have always used Lipton and will continue hoping that this problem is worked out. Just bought my new larger cold brew tea bags for summer ice tea. Thanks for your consideration. Judy **

Lipton Tea Company Information