3.4/5 (39 ratings)

About Lean Cuisine

Lean Cuisine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lean Cuisine?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lean Cuisine?

Original review: March 12, 2022

I used to really like Lean Cuisine. It was the "champagne" of frozen lunches. But, I recently ate a couple of them, and they were bad. The "Salisbury Steak and Macaroni & Cheese" used to have sliced mushrooms on the steak and lots of macaroni in a thick creamy sauce. The one I had recently had only 10 pieces of macaroni in a watery sauce and no mushrooms. "Sesame Chicken" used to be my favorite. It used to have pieces of real chicken breast coated in a sesame seed batter - very tasty - and a thick tasty sauce. It now has 4 flavorless formed chicken nuggets in a watery sauce. Both varieties were very disappointing. I won't buy Lean Cuisine again.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

We bought the dinners because they looked healthy, but upon closer scrutiny we found, to our dismay, that the product had an extremely high amount of sodium in it. We took all of them back to the store and looked for a healthier alternative. It is unfortunate because, other than the sodium, it appeared to be a decent meal. Hopefully they'll come up with a healthier, lower salt, alternate product.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Used to love these Lean Cuisine. Now every one of them are tasteless and the trays the food comes in is flimsy and bends, and cracks while microwaving the food causing a real mess. I am so disappointed now in the bland flavor of every entry.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

First off, flavor was decent for a frozen meal. I have a 30 min lunch break and had to eat something. I was fine until about 2 hours later I was in excruciating stomach pain and repeatedly went to the bathroom in tears, crouched over with diarrhea. I ate some Tums and some sips of ginger ale but it is barely helping. Never eating a Lean Cuisine again. Worst pain ever. Felt like a stomach ulcer!!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Okay the new TV dinners are insanely excellent. The noodles are thick and plump and not mushy. The chicken is so moist and there's a decent amount of it the flavorings. Awesome. The only thing I would change is the teriyaki sauce that they made. Their chicken teriyaki with needs changed Teriyaki. One is nasty and the Sesame I would love to eat but they only have it with noodles instead of rice. If they made it with rice I would buy it all the time.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I grew up at the tip of Texas in Brownsville/Matamoros and literally grew up on Mexican food. When I found this particular product I knew I had a good dietary support on my weight loss plan. I couldn’t stomach Nutrisystem but this Lean Cuisine Unwrapped Chicken Burrito hit a home run for me. I absolutely love it. As I find myself doing with anything like this I grab taco sauce, will add some cheese to it, make sure I use a lot of salt and pepper to taste of course but anytime you look in my freezer from now on you’ll see an entire stack of these babies! (I could just see the test kitchen cheering and high-fiving after creating this!)

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I use to love Lean Cuisine chicken Parmesan until last night when I found a fake fingernail in my meal! It was in the first bite of chicken I took and when I was chewing it I thought it was a hard piece of chicken...NOPE it was a frickin fake press/glue on fingernail. I was horrified and almost threw up! It makes me sick thinking about it. I’m not going to be able to eat lean cuisine ever again. I called and reported it, the lady was nice and apologetic but no one can change the fact I had someone else’s fake fingernail in my mouth. I am so disgusted over it!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I used to like this product. This year 2020, the Parmesan chicken suddenly tasted odd, not like it had gone bad but just odd in the sense it was not actual chicken but some other animal. Never tasted anything like it. I couldn’t eat them for a long time I was so turned off. I had some others in my freezer I thought I’d use up. Halfway through I bit down on a tiny round circular bone fragment or hard white plastic. I don’t know what it was. Then I spit out another round piece that was gristle like (or rubber) that might have housed this bone thing. I’ve read some were recalled due to bits of hard plastic being found in a mashed potato one. This wasn’t mashed potato but Thai Peanut chicken. I can’t eat any of them now I am so turned off. They’ve gone into the trash. Quality control is nonexistent.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I was so disappointed in this product as for the last year I have been using this product and thought was the best product over the others out there. #1380016611 this was excellent in flavor but then you went to the box 20% more. #1380079873. I found these to be horrible. No Flavor and couldn't taste the spice in the orange sauce. See now that no Asian spice in it. Anyway, will be looking for another product that has favor as this one is horrible. Why would you change your recipe. You are going to lose many customer. As a Wise person said don't change what's working. I purchase at Red Apple, Ontario, OR receipt #** 7/15/20.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Have loved their butternut squash ravioli so thought I’d try the shrimp scampi. It tastes ok but is mostly pasta. There are 6 shrimp but they are half the size shown on the box. So very small. Won’t buy again.

Lean Cuisine Company Information