2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.5/5 (105 ratings)

About Lean Cuisine

Lean Cuisine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lean Cuisine?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lean Cuisine?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2021

First off, flavor was decent for a frozen meal. I have a 30 min lunch break and had to eat something. I was fine until about 2 hours later I was in excruciating stomach pain and repeatedly went to the bathroom in tears, crouched over with diarrhea. I ate some Tums and some sips of ginger ale but it is barely helping. Never eating a Lean Cuisine again. Worst pain ever. Felt like a stomach ulcer!!!!

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Okay the new TV dinners are insanely excellent. The noodles are thick and plump and not mushy. The chicken is so moist and there's a decent amount of it the flavorings. Awesome. The only thing I would change is the teriyaki sauce that they made. Their chicken teriyaki with needs changed Teriyaki. One is nasty and the Sesame I would love to eat but they only have it with noodles instead of rice. If they made it with rice I would buy it all the time.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I grew up at the tip of Texas in Brownsville/Matamoros and literally grew up on Mexican food. When I found this particular product I knew I had a good dietary support on my weight loss plan. I couldn’t stomach Nutrisystem but this Lean Cuisine Unwrapped Chicken Burrito hit a home run for me. I absolutely love it. As I find myself doing with anything like this I grab taco sauce, will add some cheese to it, make sure I use a lot of salt and pepper to taste of course but anytime you look in my freezer from now on you’ll see an entire stack of these babies! (I could just see the test kitchen cheering and high-fiving after creating this!)

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I use to love Lean Cuisine chicken Parmesan until last night when I found a fake fingernail in my meal! It was in the first bite of chicken I took and when I was chewing it I thought it was a hard piece of chicken...NOPE it was a frickin fake press/glue on fingernail. I was horrified and almost threw up! It makes me sick thinking about it. I’m not going to be able to eat lean cuisine ever again. I called and reported it, the lady was nice and apologetic but no one can change the fact I had someone else’s fake fingernail in my mouth. I am so disgusted over it!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2021

I used to like this product. This year 2020, the Parmesan chicken suddenly tasted odd, not like it had gone bad but just odd in the sense it was not actual chicken but some other animal. Never tasted anything like it. I couldn’t eat them for a long time I was so turned off. I had some others in my freezer I thought I’d use up. Halfway through I bit down on a tiny round circular bone fragment or hard white plastic. I don’t know what it was. Then I spit out another round piece that was gristle like (or rubber) that might have housed this bone thing. I’ve read some were recalled due to bits of hard plastic being found in a mashed potato one. This wasn’t mashed potato but Thai Peanut chicken. I can’t eat any of them now I am so turned off. They’ve gone into the trash. Quality control is nonexistent.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I was so disappointed in this product as for the last year I have been using this product and thought was the best product over the others out there. #1380016611 this was excellent in flavor but then you went to the box 20% more. #1380079873. I found these to be horrible. No Flavor and couldn't taste the spice in the orange sauce. See now that no Asian spice in it. Anyway, will be looking for another product that has favor as this one is horrible. Why would you change your recipe. You are going to lose many customer. As a Wise person said don't change what's working. I purchase at Red Apple, Ontario, OR receipt #** 7/15/20.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Have loved their butternut squash ravioli so thought I’d try the shrimp scampi. It tastes ok but is mostly pasta. There are 6 shrimp but they are half the size shown on the box. So very small. Won’t buy again.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I've tried several of the newer frozen dinners from Lean Cuisine - the orange chicken is the worst. None have been good, and I am generally a fan of frozen meals. The orange chicken is almost all rice with some peppers. When you follow their directions, the 4 or 5 pieces of breaded chicken are mushy and almost tasteless. This is nothing like an orange chicken you would get at a Chinese restaurant. It was so bad, I threw most of it out. It feels like the accountants have taken over the kitchen, and put the cheapest, most tasteless ingredients in the meal. But even so, it should not be mushy when cooked. Lean Cuisine, in my opinion, has deteriorated a lot in the past few years in quality and taste of their meals.

Original review: April 8, 2020

The box of 20% more Sweet & Sour Chicken says "breaded white meat chicken with brown rice & vegetables in sweet & sour sauce." Not true. There are minimal pieces of something which may pass for chicken in other countries, but it's quite revolting. Worse, there is no sauce at all, the white (not brown) rice, veggies & "chicken" are dry as dust. I got about one-third of it down before dumping the rest in the garbage. Seems strange as the regular size S&S Chicken is good with a generous amount of sauce; I suspect they added a lot of rice & filler but didn't increase the sauce. And I'd love to know what that "chicken" really is. I'll never again try one of their 20% meals.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH ORANGE CHICKEN. ABSOLUTELY NO CHICKEN IN THIS DECEIVING PRODUCT. Proof of purchase ** T 17:20 P7991 Jan 2021. False advertising and should receive a refund for purchasing something that is not what they advertise. **

Lean Cuisine Company Information