3.28/5

92 Lean Cuisine Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2019

I ate spaghetti with meatballs and if you go walking afterwards, it causes diarrhea. This happened to me twice. I had to poop inside a friend car, and had to pay $200 to get it cleaned. Otherwise, I am a healthy late 40s male. Exercise and watch my weight. This is terrible and embarrassing.

Original review: July 16, 2019

When I opened the package I realized how small the enchilada was and that most of it was going to be rice. Then I cooked it as instructed and took one bite and realized that was terrible. So I thought okay I'll eat the rice with the chicken and so I scraped the inside of the enchilada. I did not even get half a teaspoon of chicken pieces out of that enchilada. And then to be honest I ate the rice because I was hungry but it left a terrible slimy feel in my mouth and it wasn't even tasty. Been years since I have bought Lean Cuisine. Tried this because of a coupon. I will not ever buy Lean Cuisine again.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Tried the thin crust BBQ recipe chicken pizza. Awful! Followed directions. Crust was tough, could hardly chew it. I would never buy this again. The pizza ingredients were just ok. Would never buy this again.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Decided to give it a try at work for lunch to avoid eating out. Usually make my own lunch but this was on sale so I gave it a try. Wish I hadn’t tried it all and stuck to my regular sandwiches. Made me sick, felt like I was going to vomit and had diarrhea within a couple hours. I rarely to never get sick and that was all I ate today for lunch. Never again!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Last month I bought Lean Cuisine sesame Chicken frozen dinner. Within 2 hours I was violently ill. After a few days I had to go to the ER for IV fluids. I was so sick I could not eat or drink and I dehydrated. I am a diabetic so this caused so many problems. I would never buy any Lean Cuisine products again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lean Cuisine?

Original review: June 21, 2019

Got a coupon that says if I buy 5 products I would get $2 off my next grocery purchase. I did that but the coupon did not print up. Talked to customer service and was told I needed to contact Lean Cuisine since that happens all the time. Contacted the company and was told I would have to send in my receipt or make a copy to email it to them but first I had to give them my email which I did not want to do. They would not take my receipt number, etc. over the phone. To go through all that hassle for $2 is ridiculous. That should have been printed on the coupon in the first place. I wouldn't have bought their frozen dinners. Done with them.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Ate a chicken pot pie. Worst meal I ever ate. Wife eats them. Thought I try it. Disgusting, no flavor, tastes horrible. I would not recommend any one eat them. If I had my choice, I would starve before I ate another one.

Original review: June 9, 2019

I have been eating Lean Cuisine meals for 20 years, with the new look on the outside of the boxes came a less than desirable new recipe. Always having had sesame seed chicken as my go to meal. Now it is bland and dry with less sauce, less chicken, and twice the rubber green beans. All other meals are lacking in the very same way. I regretfully had to abandon what was my weekly major purchase at the grocery store. And will never purchase any more Lean Cuisines.

Original review: May 12, 2019

I’ve had Lean Cuisines for many years. I’ve often found them to be a quick and easy way to avoid buying lunch at work if I don’t have leftovers from dinner... with that being said... I spent 48 hours vomiting and having stomach pain and diarrhea after eating the Vermont White Cheddar Mac and Cheese. I was sick within about 2-3 hours of eating (had felt absolutely fine the entire day) and remained ill for about 48 hours (although vomiting and extreme nausea abated after about 6-12 hours). I almost landed in the ER for dehydration. I’ve been wracking my brain about what could have made me sick... after seeing so many people have the same experience on here I’m pretty sure it was food poisoning. It was definitely the sickest I’ve ever been (beyond any stomach viruses I’ve had). I will not be buying anymore from this company.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I wanted to start eating these dishes because they're low on calories and bought one of each. Honestly, the only dish that's edible and tastes pretty good is the meatless meatball one. The rest, ESPECIALLY the the ones that include any kind of meat are extremely gross, made such a HORRIBLE smell at my office that I was embarrassed and threw half or more out because they tasted so bad I thought I was going to get sick if I eat them all. They're disgusting! I really don't mean to be rude, just honest and super disappointed.

Lean Cuisine Company Information