2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.37/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Lean Cuisine Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lean Cuisine?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lean Cuisine?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I was so disappointed in this product as for the last year I have been using this product and thought was the best product over the others out there. #1380016611 this was excellent in flavor but then you went to the box 20% more. #1380079873. I found these to be horrible. No Flavor and couldn't taste the spice in the orange sauce. See now that no Asian spice in it. Anyway, will be looking for another product that has favor as this one is horrible. Why would you change your recipe. You are going to lose many customer. As a Wise person said don't change what's working. I purchase at Red Apple, Ontario, OR receipt #** 7/15/20.

Original review: June 13, 2020

Have loved their butternut squash ravioli so thought I’d try the shrimp scampi. It tastes ok but is mostly pasta. There are 6 shrimp but they are half the size shown on the box. So very small. Won’t buy again.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I've tried several of the newer frozen dinners from Lean Cuisine - the orange chicken is the worst. None have been good, and I am generally a fan of frozen meals. The orange chicken is almost all rice with some peppers. When you follow their directions, the 4 or 5 pieces of breaded chicken are mushy and almost tasteless. This is nothing like an orange chicken you would get at a Chinese restaurant. It was so bad, I threw most of it out. It feels like the accountants have taken over the kitchen, and put the cheapest, most tasteless ingredients in the meal. But even so, it should not be mushy when cooked. Lean Cuisine, in my opinion, has deteriorated a lot in the past few years in quality and taste of their meals.

Original review: April 8, 2020

The box of 20% more Sweet & Sour Chicken says "breaded white meat chicken with brown rice & vegetables in sweet & sour sauce." Not true. There are minimal pieces of something which may pass for chicken in other countries, but it's quite revolting. Worse, there is no sauce at all, the white (not brown) rice, veggies & "chicken" are dry as dust. I got about one-third of it down before dumping the rest in the garbage. Seems strange as the regular size S&S Chicken is good with a generous amount of sauce; I suspect they added a lot of rice & filler but didn't increase the sauce. And I'd love to know what that "chicken" really is. I'll never again try one of their 20% meals.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED WITH ORANGE CHICKEN. ABSOLUTELY NO CHICKEN IN THIS DECEIVING PRODUCT. Proof of purchase ** T 17:20 P7991 Jan 2021. False advertising and should receive a refund for purchasing something that is not what they advertise. **

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Although the product said it contained Rice and cooked Chicken as the main ingredients there was not any chicken. Very disappointing to purchase a product and not receive what is advertised in said product.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

This dinner is marketed in a container resembling Chinese food take-out. The noodles and vegetables were tasty with a flavorful sauce. The chicken, however, while small in quantity, had no flavor and tasted fatty and grisly and had a soft texture (unlike real chicken). If I didn’t know it was supposed to be chicken, I never would have been able to figure it out from the taste/texture. A fancy wrapping can’t disguise lackluster food.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

It went to trash as I wouldn’t allow my dogs to eat this garbage. This is a flavorless product. Everything about it was very wrong. Please don’t purchase any unless you only like the idea of food and need calories but don’t actually want flavor of any kind. The texture wasn’t awful so people that don’t taste may think it is ok. I didn’t.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I want to know how the first ingredient listed is chicken when I can barely find a teaspoon of white meat chicken that is supposed be in this meal. The breading is there which makes it appear to have chicken pieces but is only fried breading and no chicken except the one piece with less than teaspoon of meat. I kept trying by purchasing 3 different times thinking someone just messed up on the first 2 meals but NO the 3rd had tiny piece of chicken also and all other was breading. This is a meal I have bought for some time and there was white chicken meat pieces in breading. I give up on all of your food as same thing happened with the Sesame Chicken which was always fine with chicken pieces. The taste is good but consumers are being mislead by claiming chicken as 1st ingredient in these meals which makes this false and misleading information for this product. I am done!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Bought apple cranberry chicken. Unfortunately bought two. Threw the second one away. It had about four small pieces of chicken but was mostly some things that looked like white beans. Tasteless. Picture on package is very misleading. Also the beans were not cooked.

Lean Cuisine Company Information