2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.39/5

Lean Cuisine Reviews

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

Although the product said it contained Rice and cooked Chicken as the main ingredients there was not any chicken. Very disappointing to purchase a product and not receive what is advertised in said product.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

This dinner is marketed in a container resembling Chinese food take-out. The noodles and vegetables were tasty with a flavorful sauce. The chicken, however, while small in quantity, had no flavor and tasted fatty and grisly and had a soft texture (unlike real chicken). If I didn’t know it was supposed to be chicken, I never would have been able to figure it out from the taste/texture. A fancy wrapping can’t disguise lackluster food.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

It went to trash as I wouldn’t allow my dogs to eat this garbage. This is a flavorless product. Everything about it was very wrong. Please don’t purchase any unless you only like the idea of food and need calories but don’t actually want flavor of any kind. The texture wasn’t awful so people that don’t taste may think it is ok. I didn’t.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I want to know how the first ingredient listed is chicken when I can barely find a teaspoon of white meat chicken that is supposed be in this meal. The breading is there which makes it appear to have chicken pieces but is only fried breading and no chicken except the one piece with less than teaspoon of meat. I kept trying by purchasing 3 different times thinking someone just messed up on the first 2 meals but NO the 3rd had tiny piece of chicken also and all other was breading. This is a meal I have bought for some time and there was white chicken meat pieces in breading. I give up on all of your food as same thing happened with the Sesame Chicken which was always fine with chicken pieces. The taste is good but consumers are being mislead by claiming chicken as 1st ingredient in these meals which makes this false and misleading information for this product. I am done!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

Bought apple cranberry chicken. Unfortunately bought two. Threw the second one away. It had about four small pieces of chicken but was mostly some things that looked like white beans. Tasteless. Picture on package is very misleading. Also the beans were not cooked.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lean Cuisine?

Original review: July 18, 2019

I ate spaghetti with meatballs and if you go walking afterwards, it causes diarrhea. This happened to me twice. I had to poop inside a friend car, and had to pay $200 to get it cleaned. Otherwise, I am a healthy late 40s male. Exercise and watch my weight. This is terrible and embarrassing.

Original review: July 16, 2019

When I opened the package I realized how small the enchilada was and that most of it was going to be rice. Then I cooked it as instructed and took one bite and realized that was terrible. So I thought okay I'll eat the rice with the chicken and so I scraped the inside of the enchilada. I did not even get half a teaspoon of chicken pieces out of that enchilada. And then to be honest I ate the rice because I was hungry but it left a terrible slimy feel in my mouth and it wasn't even tasty. Been years since I have bought Lean Cuisine. Tried this because of a coupon. I will not ever buy Lean Cuisine again.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Tried the thin crust BBQ recipe chicken pizza. Awful! Followed directions. Crust was tough, could hardly chew it. I would never buy this again. The pizza ingredients were just ok. Would never buy this again.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Decided to give it a try at work for lunch to avoid eating out. Usually make my own lunch but this was on sale so I gave it a try. Wish I hadn’t tried it all and stuck to my regular sandwiches. Made me sick, felt like I was going to vomit and had diarrhea within a couple hours. I rarely to never get sick and that was all I ate today for lunch. Never again!

Original review: July 2, 2019

Last month I bought Lean Cuisine sesame Chicken frozen dinner. Within 2 hours I was violently ill. After a few days I had to go to the ER for IV fluids. I was so sick I could not eat or drink and I dehydrated. I am a diabetic so this caused so many problems. I would never buy any Lean Cuisine products again!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Lean Cuisine Company Information