1.43/5
Based on 63 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Lean Cuisine

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

67 Lean Cuisine Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I have been buying and eating Lean Cuisine for 3 years now and I recently decided to try a new flavor chicken pecan. It says on the box there is white meat chicken in a maple bourbon sauce with white and wild rice, pecans, sweet potatoes, apples and cranberries. When I microwaved the product, I peeled back the protective film, and I saw Zero sweet potatoes and 0 apples and 0 pecans. I am looking at it right now and all I see is chicken cranberries and rice. It looks nothing like the Box describes it to look like. I will never buy this kind again. I am really disappointed because the flavors sounded really delicious, but it was missing more than half of the ingredients! Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I just tried Lean Cuisine 2 days ago. I tried lasagna, the works pizza and a chicken with pasta. Since then my stomach is bloated and my lower backs hurts. I also experienced being nauseous. In the trash these go!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

BEWARE of Lean Cuisine microwave products. We had 3 of their pizza boxes end up in flames in our microwave in the last month. Fortunately, it was noticed before the microwave was destroyed and/or the kitchen caught fire. It could've ended very badly.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Lean Cuisine Creamy Atlantic Salmon Pasta - 3 minuscule pieces of Salmon, in a tasteless floury sauce, over abundance of carrots & pasta. No seasoning. So little Salmon that the flavor did not come through. This was a waste of $7.00. I have, in the past, often used your products, and have never been so disappointed.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I used to eat Lean Cuisine regularly, but now the fish isn't fresh tasting, and the chicken dishes taste like plastic. Forget the pasta crap. Everything has too much flour based sauces in it. All that food companies want to do is give us shit and increase their bottom line. No more Lean Cuisine for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lean Cuisine?

Original review: July 22, 2017

Lean Cuisine products caused horrible migraine. Even ** extra strength didn't help. The migraine was so bad until I was unable to do anything but staying in bed for hours. Initially, I was unaware what caused this migraine until I started to notice that it only happened in the afternoon after lunch. Then, I stopped eating Lean Cuisine and the migraine stopped! I hope none of my organs is damaged due to the poisonous ingredients in Lean Cuisine. It was such a nightmare. I really thought I had brain cancer or was dying. I'll never consume Lean Cuisine or any frozen meal anymore.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I have always regularly eaten Sesame Chicken Lean Cuisine meals. I am not sure what has changed with either the ingredients or maybe processing procedures but I cannot eat the meal with immediate diarrhea issues from eating it. I won't be buying any more of the dinners. Something isn't right.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have often enjoyed your spaghetti with meatballs but today I got stomach cramps about 3 hr. after eating. By 6 hr. I had chills and threw up. Then I felt feverish. Not a good experience. Have you had any other complaints about 7103595912 W EST.9018 20:17 MAY 2018? How could a product that was always frozen until microwaved produce food poisoning?

Original review: May 4, 2017

I have eaten Lean Cuisine pizza for a long time now and never had a problem until tonight. When I opened my package tonight there was some mysterious, gross-looking piece of something in my pizza. I was hoping it might have been just meat that had fallen off from another pizza during production or something. So I microwaved it as usual. It still looked gross and unidentifiable after microwaving so I threw the whole thing away and ate something else for dinner. I don't have the receipt I bought this with anymore, but I can add a picture of the pizza. I just want to raise this concern. I will be more skeptical about buying anything from Lean Cuisine from now on and I hope this matter can be resolved through better supervision of your production facilities.

Original review: April 6, 2017

I was highly disappointed to find not just one but two different unknown things in my food. I found this in the sauce after I ate the ravioli??? One piece resembled an old piece of the asparagus end maybe, and the other looked like a baby tooth. I will attach photos as well. It sucks that I caught this after the fact. I am so paranoid now not knowing what I ate. I wonder will I get sick now. I am starting to feel sick??? This was very unfortunate. I also ate one yesterday and have two others that I will now throw away. Warning carefully inspect your microwave dinners.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I had one of these for dinner last night around 7 pm. I woke up around 3 am with very strong stomach cramps. I had to get up several times, between sleep, with an upset stomach. I had some slight nausea, but no vomiting. However, it is a little after 8 am, I am at work and still dealing with the same issue. I told my husband to remind me to never eat one of these things again. I was trying to think back and I have had several other stomach issue experiences with Lean Cuisine in the past, but I brushed it off, thinking it was something else I had eaten. Anyway, I will not be eating them again.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2017

I've always been a pretty health conscious person, so it was somewhat natural that I used Lean Cuisine to help manage my weight early into my adult life. It was great for portion control and calorie intake. Although after learning more about preservatives and sodium I dropped them and switched to healthier all natural alternatives. Much to my delight Lean Cuisine has found a way to continue to market to consumers like me that like to have our cake and eat it too when weighing our options, ourselves and the quality of food we are putting into our bodies. Cheers!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

This market place stuff shouldn't even be sold as a meal (there is no meat). I would be better off with a PB&J. I knew I quit the other lean cuisine because the fat chunks and rubber in the meals. I'm striking against frozen dinners now... Bring on the PB & apple, cheese and crackers. At least I will get protein in my meal.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2016

My mom buys diet meals to help us keep healthy. Today, I was feeling perfectly fine until I ate a broccoli chicken Alfredo meal. Within a minute, I had to run for the bathroom in fear of soiling myself. I had instantaneous diarrhea which was extremely painful, since I just developed an external hemorrhoid. Your meals are terrible and NOT worth the money. 0/10.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2016

I have been eating Lean Cuisine meals for close to 4 years and have found the chicken is pressed chicken that is slimy and fatty. Can't eat. The meals with beef (other than hamburger) is very tough and has little taste. The ground beef has progressed to be very mushy (as if it is pressed hamburger). The meat portion in most of the meals seems to be getting smaller.

Original review: July 14, 2016

Thought I would try the beef korma and it was a case of find the beef. 3 pieces is all I found. The rest was all sauce. Flavour wasn't too bad but as the product says "LEAN" I thought it meant in fat not meat. Very disappointed.

Original review: June 6, 2016

I brought the Peri Peri chicken with couscous, only to find once I cooked it and opened the packet, there was no one piece of chicken in there. So disappointing.

Original review: March 16, 2016

After eating lean cuisine Swedish meatballs I became sick to the stomach and after two days of feeling, I'm still not well but feeling a little better today. The Other meals that I bought I returned to the store. I will not be buying any more.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2015

Lean Cuisine Fiesta Grilled Chicken - This product is the saltiest thing I have ever tasted in my life. I actually coughed. I do like some Lean Cuisine meals, but this was the worst I had ever tasted of any frozen prepared meal ever.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2015

I got a mean the shrimp scampi and I started eating it and I had not a lot of noodles left and I moved them and found a hair in my food. I moved it up thinking maybe it could be my hair. No my hair is not even. My hair it's on the side of the tray and I am beyond pissed. They usually are good but this time I'm done with them. That's nasty and I feel disgusted! I don't know what I should do but it's making me sick just looking at it!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2015

I was eating a Lean Cuisine Basil Chicken Tortellini meal and bit into what I thought was a bit of gristle (gross) and then felt a sharp poke to my inner cheek. On inspection there was a flat sharp piece of bone. Mouth is bleeding. Not enough to seek medical attention, but not what I expected. Would have been livid had I fed to a child. I have no receipt as this was purchased several weeks ago for the freezer. I have included pictures.

Original review: July 28, 2015

I have been eating Lean Cuisine for a long time but today when I heated up my herb Roasted Chicken with Broccoli and potatoes there was no Herb Roasted Chicken in the meal. Very disappointed. These meals are not cheap. Seems like the quantity of meat meals has gotten smaller. Wanted to let you know.

Original review: July 13, 2015

I just prepared the "Lean Cuisine Butter Chicken" dish - it looked great on the packet and smelt good cooking in the microwave. The rice tasted like styrofoam and had the consistency of flakey baby powder once I started chewing it a bit, the "spinach" in the rice tasted like plastic and the conservative quantities of chicken within the pool of watery sauce were so rubbery you could use them as the tyres for your car If you couldn't afford new ones. Not many people could serve me a butter chicken dish I wouldn't eat but this was seriously one of the worst things I have even put in my mouth. That is all. DO NOT EAT THIS. IT WILL KILL YOU.

Original review: May 29, 2015

Snack pizza is gag. Never again, spinach artichoke snack pizza. Never again.

Original review: May 23, 2015

I purchased your new chicken teriyaki frozen entree which I always bought. The new one was very disappointing, mostly rice, two beans, five carrots, no water chestnuts that I could distinguish. I would not buy it again. It had no taste at all.

Original review: March 21, 2015

I've tried the barbeque chicken pizza before and loved it but the last two time I bought it there was something wrong with it, tasted like some chemical or something. At first I thought it was a fluke but the second time it happened and it tasted the same way. I was very disappointed because I love the lean cuisines meals.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2015

I Ate Lean Cuisine chicken spring rolls and 2 hrs later I was violently throwing up every 20-30 mins for 15 hrs. Went to ER, had IV fluids and lab work done... Diagnosis... FOOD POISONING! Considering all that came up was the spring rolls, yep that's what caused it. 6 days later I'm still not able to eat solid foods without feeling sick. Not to mention the ER Dr. put me on an antibiotic for bacterial infection, which also makes me feel sick. I will NEVER buy that brand again!! They should be made reasonable for making people sick. Who wants FREE meals from them, in return for such pain and suffering? I will be contacting an attorney.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2014

Prepared Roasted Honey Chicken with suspicion because of all the carbohydrates and honey. WAY TOO SWEET. ACTUALLY MADE ME NAUSEOUS. COULDN'T, didn't finish. Still drinking water. Should have a warning for diabetics! Not enough chicken! You can do way better.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2014

Your chile lime chicken is the worst I have ever attempted to eat. Rather gross, tasteless and I won't buy it again.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2014

Same thing happened to me with the rewards program but what happened is the site kept telling me that my password was invalid. Had to change my password 6 times!!!!! It's a load of crap!

Lean Cuisine Company Information