2. Shopping
  3. Bacon Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.48/5

Kirkland Bacon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Bacon?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Bacon?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2021

Something has changed with the Kirkland Bacon. It used to lovely crispy treat for me. I got some in January and had a completely different experience than the last time I bought this bacon. Instead of being nice and crispy it became kind of sandy. If I cooked it less it was just floppy like an earlobe. I am very disappointed. Has the process changed or is this a one off situation?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2021

We've been a fan of Kirkland bacon for years on but for the last few purchases, we have had to contend with slices the have been cut so thin that they fall apart. Today, EVERY slice split in multiple pieces when we tried to pull off slices. I don't know if they are trying to force us into the more expensive thick cut but we prefer "regular" slices to thick. Did they change suppliers? If so, please change back!

Get buying tips about Bacon Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2020

Kirkland Bacon used to be The best. Ever since Covid hit in March, it has been a TERRIBLE product to say the least. It is all fat, crumbles, falls apart, no strips just fat tasteless crumbles. I got sick and was vomiting one night over the added smoke flavoring. No taste, will never buy Kirkland bacon again. Something has definitely changed since in the production since March 2020, and NOT For THE BETTER!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2020

We have been Costco shoppers for several years and would even go out of our way to buy their bacon. I don't know what has happened, but their bacon has gone from some of the best I have ever bought to some of the worse, maybe even the worst. The last package purchased was 95% fat and the pieces were so thin that pulling off a strip was impossible. I have purchased cheap, bits and pieces bacon that were better than this. Kirkland should be embarrassed to put their name on this. We will not be buying again.

Original review: July 12, 2020

I have always been a Costco/Kirkland fan. We buy the Kirkland bacon in 4 packs and our last two-four packs were horrible. The bacon is super salty. The edges on the bacon always burn and the bacon leaves a really bad aftertaste. I'd bet anything they've switched suppliers. I came here to see if anyone else was having this issue. We are throwing our last package away.

Original review: July 5, 2020

I’ve been buying Kirkland bacon for several years and it was my go-to bacon over other brands! But I have stopped buying it because of the poor quality of their Kirkland bacon they're putting out now! Costco doesn’t seem to care about the quality of their food they sell to their customers anymore! It's all about the money and not the quality of their products! Very Disappointed about the quality and their prices are always going up! I hope they are reading these reviews so they can see what the customers are saying about the company! Thank you for your time.. Charlotte

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I’ve bought Kirkland bacon many times before with no problem, which is why I was so shocked that 2 of the 4 packages were full of very fatty, broken pieces, with not much actual meat. The pieces shrink down to half size during cooking when there’s that much fat! Very disappointed, and surprised Costco would produce an inferior product like this.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I came to these reviews to see if others were finding the same findings I was. I buy Kirkland bacon all the time, but beginning to doubt the quality and portions. The outside package is good, mostly meaty, but as you go further inside, it becomes white fatty, and slices are becoming so thin and cut small, that I can’t Properly cook them without them being burnt. Almost like a bait and switch. When bait and switch comes into play, I won’t buy them again. Kirkland, will you go back to your original formulas, of quality, portion and taste, and I’ll be back, baby.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

The package lists this product as gluten free however I have celiac disease and I am very sensitive to gluten and I reacted strongly to this product. I didn't used to react to it but they have changed something. Maybe it's not manufactured by Hormel anymore. I don't know but it's NOT 100% gluten free. If you have celiac disease or you are gluten sensitive I would avoid this product.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I am giving up on Costco Kirkland bacon. I am thinking they hire 12 year old to cut this crap. I buy the 4 pkgs to a bundle and it is a good day if I am able to get 2 packages that are useable. A single strip of bacon shouldn’t be broken into 6 strings. It is getting bad. I would rather have fewer pieces if it meant the bacon was useable. Stop trying to skim it. We are getting ripped off when we can’t use half of it.

Kirkland Bacon Company Information