2. Shopping
  3. Bacon Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.83/5

Kirkland Bacon Reviews

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

I’ve bought Kirkland bacon many times before with no problem, which is why I was so shocked that 2 of the 4 packages were full of very fatty, broken pieces, with not much actual meat. The pieces shrink down to half size during cooking when there’s that much fat! Very disappointed, and surprised Costco would produce an inferior product like this.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I came to these reviews to see if others were finding the same findings I was. I buy Kirkland bacon all the time, but beginning to doubt the quality and portions. The outside package is good, mostly meaty, but as you go further inside, it becomes white fatty, and slices are becoming so thin and cut small, that I can’t Properly cook them without them being burnt. Almost like a bait and switch. When bait and switch comes into play, I won’t buy them again. Kirkland, will you go back to your original formulas, of quality, portion and taste, and I’ll be back, baby.

Get buying tips about Bacon Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

The package lists this product as gluten free however I have celiac disease and I am very sensitive to gluten and I reacted strongly to this product. I didn't used to react to it but they have changed something. Maybe it's not manufactured by Hormel anymore. I don't know but it's NOT 100% gluten free. If you have celiac disease or you are gluten sensitive I would avoid this product.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I am giving up on Costco Kirkland bacon. I am thinking they hire 12 year old to cut this crap. I buy the 4 pkgs to a bundle and it is a good day if I am able to get 2 packages that are useable. A single strip of bacon shouldn’t be broken into 6 strings. It is getting bad. I would rather have fewer pieces if it meant the bacon was useable. Stop trying to skim it. We are getting ripped off when we can’t use half of it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Looked through the packages and found what seemed to be a good looking pack. When we got home and opened the package, we noticed 2 slices weren't sticking to the others and when we peeled them off, the rest of the package was totally different than the 2 slices. It was almost all fat! Totally deceptive packaging and a total disappointment in Kirkland Signature. Why do they resort to hiding and tricking customers rather than be honest and provide a quality product? That ** may work for a while, but when consumers catch on... trust will be lost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kirkland Bacon?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

We tried Kirkland brand bacon recently, the double pack. The first pack had a good amount of meat to fat ratio, the second did not, it was about 60% fat. Which is not a cost savings for anyone. My biggest concern was the bones I found in each piece. I have never found bone in bacon, unfortunately we can't post pictures. I do not work for a meat packer, butcher etc. I just want to warn people.

Original review: April 20, 2019

I usually buy Maple Leaf Naturals thick cut bacon from Costco, but on my most recent visit they didn't have it stocked. I'm not sure if they've stopped carrying it, because the shelf in the cooler where it usually resides wasn't empty, it just had a different product. Anyway, I decided to give the Kirkland brand bacon a try and I was very disappointed. It's tough, EXTREMELY salty (yes I know bacon is supposed to be salty, but this stuff is almost inedible). It also doesn't have as much smoky flavour as other bacons. I'm sure the pork is good quality, but I won't buy this stuff again. Awful.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I buy Kirkland natural smoked bacon in the four in a package bag. The bacon is delicious. My only problem is in the last few months I have gotten lb. packages that were not properly sealed. One was slightly opened at one end another was discolored, darkened, like it was old. I’m talking about a one pound package in the four pound bag. I had to throw the improperly sealed packages out since I was afraid to use them for fear it would make me sick. I think you need to check the quality of your packaging. This happened with just one of the packages in each of the bags I bought but bacon is an expensive item to have discard.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I have been buying the Kirkland bacon for a while, and now it has changed the flavor and taste. The bacon is only fat. There is no lean on it at all. The package has changed as well. I will never buy this product again and when I see a customer picking this bacon to buy I will inform them of my experience I had with this bacon.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I’ve been eating Kirkland bacon since I became a member at Costco. Love the Apple smoke taste and thickness. Reminds of the old fashion bacon we use to eat from the butcher. More meat than fat.

Kirkland Bacon Company Information