1.15/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

260 Kellogg's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I'm not a big cereal eater, so I haven't tried Rice Krispies in quite a few years. I don't remember ever having an issue before, so I wonder if there was a reformulation or just lack of quality control. Throughout the cereal, I keep biting something that is seriously capable of breaking my tooth. Upon examination, it looks like a grain of sand? They're rock hard, almost clear in color, and a piece wedged itself into a cavity I'm waiting to have filled-- ouch! I'm finding these bits all throughout the cereal and after reading other reviews here, I know I'm not alone.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have been buying Kellogg's Corn Flakes for many years, and have always enjoyed them with served with ice cold milk. However the quality and taste of the product has seriously diminished over the years which is really sad and disappointing especially coming from a product so well known to many. The cost of the product has soared in price, but the quality and size of the flake has hit rock bottom. I for one cannot see myself purchase this product again as the product is now totally tasteless... and way overpriced.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I was eating my Corn Flakes when I bit into something hard so bitter that I thought I was being poisoned by something. It tasted like medication. Can anyone explain what that could be. I still have the bitter taste in my mouth.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I just opened a bag of Vanilla and Almond cereal and after I had eaten a couple bowls of it, I found a piece with a HUGE spot black mold on it. I was disgusted. I probably had eaten other pieces that had mold on it. I found a couple more pieces that had smaller spots of black mold but it was definitely there. It's “best before” October 2019. I won’t be buying this again.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I followed through on ridiculous regimen of buying five boxes or six boxes for a movie ticket. I got a email confirmation stating that they would respond with good news (back in 2017!) and I still have yet to receive any responses. I inquired multiple times with no response/spam etc. so I just gave up, sort of. I just wish that there was a way to warn others.

It’s just junk cereal anyways so I am much happier to move on to healthier, better quality cereals and brands that actually follow through on their promotions (e.g. GM). I feel bad for not being able to support a Michigan business but oh well. I will avoid their products by any means necessary. I will also avoid businesses that exclusively offer their products & encourage others to do the same. My guess is that their promises of quality products made with integrity may also be questionable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I bought a box of 60 Rice Krispies Treats from Costco and this is not the only one to have gross what looks like excess sugar or something from the factory that should not be on my product. But most of them are okay so I opened this on and along with a ton of excess sugar there's a dark brownish green bit on it. I'm disgusted, I love Rice Krispies Treats and I've never seen this before. I'm so ashamed that I can't even count on all of them be edible so I won't be buying this again even though I used to buy them all the time.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

Bought the cereal box from nearby CVS pharmacy couple of weeks back. Open the box today, found live larvae bugs moving into sealed bag! Kellogg's Special K Vanilla Almond 12.4 oz. Best before: APRIL 04 2019 1. Lot: KX B 01 22:02. UPC: 038000576003.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

This has been our family’s favorite cereal for years and recently bought a box after not eating them for a while and was so disappointed in the formula! The color of them used to be a deep brown almost black and turned the milk very chocolatey. Now they are lighting brown and the milk just barely gets chocolatey. Wondering how this made it through quality control. Please bring the old formula back.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

For anyone trying to get the holiday socks you are better off going to the internet and buying them. They pick through the receipts and find anything they can do to reject them. Probably to keep you buying their products. It takes 3 items to get a pair of socks. With the receipts they have finally approved. I have 7 items total and they are telling me I have earned 1 pair of socks. Go figure!!! By now I should have 2 pairs of socks earned and I have 1 more item left to get 3 pairs of socks. I have to write them everyday so they will see their mistakes but they don't fully read your emails because most of the time they don't fix their mistakes. Also they will try and give you bonus points & not the credits so be carefully with that.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

While pouring a bowl of Froot Loops tonight, that were half gone already, a 3-4 inch piece of cardboard box fell out of it and into my bowl with the cereal. Wth? It wasn’t the kind of box it’s packaged in either. It was like a moving box type material. Throwing the box out and a staple in our home will no longer be here. Or any other kind of Kellogg’s now that I am reading all these reviews. Smh.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

After eating a couple of bowls of frosted mini wheats I noticed I started to feel really sick, specifically dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, and stomach pain, it was absolutely horrible. At first I checked to see if maybe it was old, but expiration date is for 6/2019. Once that was out of the picture I started looking at the ingredients and came across BHT which is not something I would’ve expected since the usual cereals I buy do not have that ingredient. After looking up BHT I found that all the symptoms I had were directly related to this ingredient. Please look up this ingredient online to see for yourself. This ingredient, from what I read, was supposed to be completely eliminated from their cereals in 2015.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I picked up some Pop-Tarts the other day, I ate three of them over the last two days and now have a bad, bad case of diarrhea, I don’t know if this was a recall as some other flavors but I think I’m gonna have to go to the hospital. I’ll take the boxes and packages they are in to have them tested along with blood work probably.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Just got one of the big double boxes from Costco 3 days ago. I had a bowl of cereal today and it taste like mold. Hope it doesn't kill me. I have been eating Kellogg's for years. Your quality control is nonexistent now so I will not be buying your products ever again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had been wanting some waffles so I bought a box at Dollar General, so the next morning I proceeded to toast them lightly, so I took a bite and then another. As I bit down I bit something hard and I spit it out on my paper plate. My husband called the Dollar General Store to let the manager know to take the rest down and he said he would. Well I got him to call Kellogg's and they said it was probably crystalized sugar, they wanted me to send it to them. They were sorry and in the mail I would receive a postage paid package to return the product and box and glass. I received 2 $5.00 coupons??? Really I could have died or more like it. My daughter could have ate them and swallowed it!! Get with it Kellogg's. I never got a return call from them proving it was glass. They were going to send it to their lab... Well what's the verdict???

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Bought Kellogg's for years, but recently their quality control standards have taken an absolute nose dive. The Rice Krispies in particular contain small hard black particles that are so hard you can seriously damage your teeth biting into them. I don't think this is burnt cereal pieces as they are as hard as rock, so it must be some other sort of contaminant. The issue has been persistent for the past year, and judging from comments ALL OVER THE INTERNET regarding the same issues I can surely say I will NEVER be buying Kellogg's again. It makes me especially angry that cereals such as this are targeted at children. This is absolutely horrific and it is only a matter of time before someone is seriously harmed by this negligence. (EDIT - CHECK THE OTHER EXPERIENCES WRITTEN ON THIS SITE, MANY SUCH CASES OF PEOPLE BECOMING VERY ILL!!!)

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

There were only 2 pecans in the entire 18 oz. box of the Special K Cinnamon Pecan cereal. For the price of this per box, I would expect a lot of pecans (at least more than two). As this is the second time I had this issue (I thought the first time it was some kind of fluke, but I guess I was wrong.) I won't be buying this again. Very disappointing!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I bought a single pack of strawberry pop tarts for breakfast on my way to work, when I opened the sealed package I noticed a bite was missing. Then I looked at the other one and it was even bigger. You can clearly see where a mouse or rat ate on both of the tarts while they were stacked!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I purchased a box of Fruit Loops cereal and on the box, it said "5 toucans inside have a look!" or something about 5 toucans being in throughout the cereal. I got home excited as and opened the box into the biggest bowl I could find and started looking for my 5 toucans and found nothing. I hope you sleep well at night knowing you lied to the whole country.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Hi guys, I purchased this box of Raisin Bran (I commonly purchase it, and from the same store), from Food Basics a week ago. Best before June 2019 and it has many black specks through it... At first I thought maybe it was like flax seed or something but now I'm seriously second guessing and perhaps a tad bit creeped out. Anyone else notice this? I can't say I recall ever seeing anything especially not this extent.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

The new version of Coco Pops tastes disgusting, literally threw away half the box. I’ve heard the new version of Rice Krispies tastes horrible too, sad to think my child who will be born in December will never experience Kellogg’s, I’ll stick to Pick n Pay or Bokomo cereals because this new stuff is so bad it makes customers gag.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased 3 boxes of the chocolate Frosted Flakes (because they were on sale). I took my first bite and it tasted weird but I thought it was just me. But then the next few bites were the same. It tasted like kerosene, paint or gas. So I threw out that bowl and opened a new box. It was the same smell and taste. All 3 boxes wound up being no good. It did make me feel ill that day so please be careful if you’re giving this cereal to your children. Smell and taste it first so they don’t also get sick.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I like Frosted Mini-Wheats and I usually eat them twice a week. I bought a family size box from my local grocery store and as soon as I opened the box, there was a fishy smell. I tasted it and it tasted okay and so I had a small bowl. Later in the day I was craving more and then I opened up the box again. The fishy smell was stronger. I couldn’t believe I was able to eat the first bowl but now the second. I plan on returning the box. Disgusting!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have purchased NO OTHER brand of Saltines up till now. I would pay more money and didn't care because they were the BEST by far! They were always crisp and salty... perfect crackers. Well let me tell you the last 6 boxes we purchased were terrible! They actually taste flat and Stale! Sooooooo fed up with them.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

New Chocolate Frosted Flakes w/Marshmallows - Recently got food poisoning and wasn't sure what from. Then got it a second time and the only thing I've eaten that my family hasn't is this cereal. They've all drank glasses of the milk we have and it's not that. Each time I was sick it was the next day after eating this cereal. Something is wrong. I got it from Dollar General.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The box of Raisin Bran I bought Saturday was so stale I had to throw out my bowl, then the whole box. The box was dated June 20, 2019. You charge a lot for your cereal, even at Walmart, and I expect better.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I purchased a box of Special K Vanilla Almond from the Dollar General store today August 4th 2019. When I open the bag to pour a bowl of cereal, I saw 2 flying bugs in the bowl. As I began to look at the bag, I observed flying bugs were inside of the bag. Too many of them were crawling inside of the bag.

Original review: July 8, 2018

This is absolutely disgusting. I opened a brand new box of Apple Jacks poured a bowl for myself and my husband and took a few bites. I then noticed a bunch of black dots that looked like bugs. I then inspected the cereal really good then saw them crawling inside the cereal. Like actual bugs crawling in the cereal. I am now freaked out that I just ate bugs. I will NEVER purchase this cereal again! I honestly don’t think I will eat cereal again after this. So gross!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I purchased a box of 40 Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats and Rice Krispie Cereal. I had been seeing what appeared to be black spots on my Rice Krispie cereal and treats and I thought they were resulting from some of the pieces being burnt until I open one of the treats and found what appears to be some kind of a dead bug(gross). After seeing this, I decided to look at some reviews and that's how I came across this site. This just happened today 07/01/2018. I will be contacting Kellogg's regarding this.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I regularly consume Kellogg's Fruit N Fibre (lets two times a week or sometimes even four times a week). It’s my best breakfast because it contains dry fruits and some pcs of banana and other fruits and also the flakes are very crunchy and good in quality. But now from past 2 months I observed Kellogg's has changed the packing from the box to the packet... I thought it’s just a change in packing but the shocking thing was when I tasted this flakes "they taste bitter and not at all like the previous ones... It’s like a torture for me to finish this packs and I am very disappointed with the quality. I even tried to visit other stores to find the old packing stocks but nowhere it is available. Believe me the quality is totally spoiled. And I request Kellogg's to take some action on this.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My kids and I are addicted to Rice Krispies treats. We ALWAYS buy the big box and dont even make it to the checkout line without opening the box lol. Well today I found "something" black in the middle of the Rice Krispies. I was so upset and disappointed. I felt very uneasy and glad to spot it before I allowed my son to eat it. I hope that my complaint today helps prevent this from happening again to another person or child. I would hate to know that the food is contaminated with something. I hope this gets fixed before another person or family experiences this.

Kellogg's Company Information