2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

Kellogg's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I was eating a bowl of Mini Wheats when it felt like something scraped the roof of my mouth - stupidly I just continued chewing thinking that perhaps it was just a sharp corner of the cereal and swallowed. I took another bite -glutton for punishment- and felt a really sore spot on my soft palate. I threw out the rest of the bowl and stuck a finger in my mouth and came out with blood. I went to the mirror and checked my mouth and I found what amounted to a blood blister that was about 2 1/2" long and approx 1/2" wide. Took about a week for my mouth to heal and the whole time I was worried about just what I had swallowed AND what it might do on the way through. Thankfully - nothing so far.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

My daughter opened a new bag of Special K honey granola and there was a dead bee inside. She poured it out and was ready to eat, till she noticed the dead bug. I fished it off her yogurt with a spoon and sent them pictures. They offered two coupons for new items.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2020

I bought a box of frosted mini wheats this week at Costco. Opened the bag and grabbed a handful as a snack. OVERWHELMING taste and smell of ammonia. I hadn't bought this brand in years and won't be again!!!

Original review: Oct. 1, 2020

I purchased large box from Costco. It tastes awful. I can’t put my finger on it, it’s like a cross between, dirt, fertilizer, and pesticides. I love Raisin Bran but this box is so off putting that I don’t think I will ever eat it again!!!?

Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Dear Kellogg’s, You have disappointed me for the first time, though I expect, certainly not the last. An avid fan of your cereal line, I was heart warmed to see your frosted mini wheats model in stock at my local grocery establishment. What truly caught my eye about the piece was the impressive claim that upon consuming just one bowl, I would be, “good til lunch”.

As any sane individual would do, I expeditiously purchased the full box, hoping to improve the efficiency of my diverse, yet obviously lacking cereal repertoire. I fervently placed the box in my cereal cupboard, happily imagining the joy this discovery would bring for years to come. That following morning, I took a moderate-sized bowl, and filled it to the brim with mini wheats and whole-fat milk, as to ensure the most substantial caloric benefit. I perfectly timed this meal to be exactly 3.5 hours before my lunch, the recommended length of time between the two meals. Much to my dismay, I found myself facing an overwhelming sense of hunger at only 10:30 am that could only be supplemented by two additional, equally stuffed bowls. Eventually, I found that a full bag was the only quantity that could sustain me until lunch.

As you may imagine, I was left feeling a unique sense of alienation, one that only comes when it seems you have deviated from the norm. Yes, I felt unsatisfied, but more-so, I felt unseen. It hurt especially coming from such an esteemed brand, one that has left a strong emotional mark on my life, having produced the classics of my youth such as Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran.

Of course, it could be inquired that perhaps it is merely my metabolic traits that caused this disaster, however, I tested this on several individuals of varying metabolic perspectives, and it has become clear that it is not an innate fault of my being, but rather, a fault of Kellogg’s, for creating an exceedingly ineffective product.

I feel incredibly misrepresented through this product, and as a Kellogg’s fan, I admittedly feel quite hurt and betrayed. I expected Kellogg’s to be a brand of great awareness, one that wouldn’t knowingly release a cereal that sets such unrealistic metabolic standards, to so comfortably and aggressively encourage a cereal that cultivates a toxic mindset and dismisses the metabolic identities of so many people.

Obviously, I will be taking my business elsewhere. How am I to trust a brand that is built on such lies and corruption? Do expect that I will be cutting ties will the entire Kellogg’s corporation and lineup, as I will not partake in such an obscene regime. Of course, I want my money back, I definitely feel robbed monetarily. However, I feel even more strongly that I have been robbed of my time, and ultimately, my spirit.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2020

The waffles say on the box that they are made from Nutri-grain but the Nutri-grain bars are made from oats and these are only made from wheat. They are NOT multigrain like the box says. Very misleading!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I once poured an entirely intact dragonfly from a just opened box of Wheaties. Just the other day I putted out half of a large beetle from Special K Red Berries. I’m purely a General Mills and Post cereal consumer from now on.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

I purchased Kellogs special vanilla flavor. It produces worms, little insects after purchase of 2 weeks. Although expiry date in 2021 still it happens. It feels ridiculous. I don't know what should I have do now? We are pure vegetarian.

Original review: July 12, 2020

Today I finished my cereal and the contents of the sealed container. I went to refill the sealed container and found live maggots on the inside of the lid. I don't know whether they were from the batch I had just eaten or the new packet I opened. I couldn't find any maggots in the new batch - so sadly can only assume I had just eaten live maggots for breakfast from the previous batch.

Original review: May 19, 2020

I have never smelled Rice Krispies that smelled like that. I had 2 boxes of the holiday cereal that had expiration date of August 2020. Opened the first box today and had a horrible smell. Threw it away opened the 2nd box and it had the same smell. I understand that yes these were for Christmas but considering they still had 3 months til expiration they should have been fine. I've never had that experience with this cereal as long as I can remember even when I accidentally ate some that was expired.

Kellogg's Company Information