2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5

Kellogg's Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I purchased holiday rice krispies from Walmart and the first time I opened the bag it smelt rancid or stale. I have read other reviews that are similar to what I smelled. And I've got to say that this particular cereal was made stale in the factory or something. What a shame. Kellogg's should fix this and find out what the reason is for giving consumers stale cereal.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I purchased 2 boxes of Holiday Rice Krispie Cereal. Both boxes emitted a strange odor when opened, not the box, but the inside bag when opened and cereal. The smell permeated the flavor of the subsequent Rice Krispie treats I made. The cereal is good through August 2020. I will be throwing out the cereal and treats.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

What have you done or not done to Special K? This cereal is not edible anymore. Why did you change the process and leave the hard bits in the cereal? I am furious about this. I have always been a loyal customer of yours but no more! This cereal is like chewing glass. I am middle aged and my teeth are not as strong as they used to be and I will not jeopardize my tooth health with this breakfast cereal. I wish I had a bigger voice to hold you to task on this! I realise now that your company is a huge fail after reading many reviews that are similar to mine. Shame on you, no doubt you did this to cut corners and save money at the expense of your customers. I wish I could give you a negative 5 rating rather than a 1....you don't deserve to even register on a scale!

Susan **

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I bought holiday color rice crispies from Meijer and they smelled strange. I let my daughter eat them, she didn’t complain. She’s at school and I asked her teacher to keep an eye on her. God willing she won’t be affected. I will be returning them asap!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I purchased a brand new 'Family Size' box of Rice Krispies today to make rice crispy treats. As I opened the box it had a strong odor, I figured it was the cardboard box, no biggie and continued to make the dessert. We ate them and they tasted horrible, like a metallic taste, (I made it in a glass bowl with a wooden spoon). I then checked the marshmallows, they were fine. I opened the box of cereal, pulled out the entire bag, no odor in the box... then I thought the odor is from the plastic bag holding the cereal. It wasn't, the odor was from the actual cereal, the rice crispies. I tasted it by itself, and it is an odd flavor, metallic and just strange and gross. I don't understand why, the 'use by' date is May 2020. I will be returning it to the store tomorrow.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I bought two boxes of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies with Holiday Colors. Upon opening, a strong smell came out. I thought it was the box or maybe the dye for the red and green. After eating one bowl, I became lightheaded and had heart palpitations. I don’t have any medical conditions and I am in good health. I though I was going to need someone to drive me to the hospital. I opened the second box and it smells bad too. I will be contacting the company and hope to have the cereal tested to determine what I ingested. I would give it zero stars but it won’t let me.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

First of all: Pop-Tarts are a wonderful product. We buy them in the supermarket and have no problems. But, twice we have bought them through the Internet from 2 different suppliers and each time they were a broken mess. They are too fragile to be tossed around by the shipper.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

What has happened to Rice Krispies treats? They taste horrible. I've been returning them to the store. Different stores too! I've eaten these regularly for a long time and never had a problem until maybe 6 or 8 weeks ago. Once in awhile I get a good box. They're all dated ok but about 4 out of 5 boxes are bad. I can't even eat an entire bar. I have to spit it out. I don't know what to compare it to. They just taste horrible. I have noticed the bad tasting bars are also soft. I sure hope this get fixed or I'm going to be forced to find an alternative type of treat. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Just wanted to share awareness to everyone. I have purchase a box of cereals in a local supermarket here in bahrain and it so happen that there is a worm inside at the top of it there is a bug as well the package is perfectly sealed

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I purchased a box of this cereal at a local Meijer store October 11th in Belleville, MI. I ate my first bowl with milk this morning. I noticed right away a sour taste, almost as if something was old. I assumed it was the milk and threw my breakfast out. Noon came and I needed a light snack so I grabbed the same box of cereal. Right away, I noticed the same exact sour taste by eating only a few pieces of cereal. The expiration date on the box is dated September 11th, 2020 - KN 8 109 20:27. I threw the whole box out. Severely disappointed. :(

Kellogg's Company Information