1.03/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

251 Kellogg's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

While pouring a bowl of Froot Loops tonight, that were half gone already, a 3-4 inch piece of cardboard box fell out of it and into my bowl with the cereal. Wth? It wasn’t the kind of box it’s packaged in either. It was like a moving box type material. Throwing the box out and a staple in our home will no longer be here. Or any other kind of Kellogg’s now that I am reading all these reviews. Smh.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

After eating a couple of bowls of frosted mini wheats I noticed I started to feel really sick, specifically dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, and stomach pain, it was absolutely horrible. At first I checked to see if maybe it was old, but expiration date is for 6/2019. Once that was out of the picture I started looking at the ingredients and came across BHT which is not something I would’ve expected since the usual cereals I buy do not have that ingredient. After looking up BHT I found that all the symptoms I had were directly related to this ingredient. Please look up this ingredient online to see for yourself. This ingredient, from what I read, was supposed to be completely eliminated from their cereals in 2015.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I picked up some Pop-Tarts the other day, I ate three of them over the last two days and now have a bad, bad case of diarrhea, I don’t know if this was a recall as some other flavors but I think I’m gonna have to go to the hospital. I’ll take the boxes and packages they are in to have them tested along with blood work probably.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2018

Just got one of the big double boxes from Costco 3 days ago. I had a bowl of cereal today and it taste like mold. Hope it doesn't kill me. I have been eating Kellogg's for years. Your quality control is nonexistent now so I will not be buying your products ever again.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I had been wanting some waffles so I bought a box at Dollar General, so the next morning I proceeded to toast them lightly, so I took a bite and then another. As I bit down I bit something hard and I spit it out on my paper plate. My husband called the Dollar General Store to let the manager know to take the rest down and he said he would. Well I got him to call Kellogg's and they said it was probably crystalized sugar, they wanted me to send it to them. They were sorry and in the mail I would receive a postage paid package to return the product and box and glass. I received 2 $5.00 coupons??? Really I could have died or more like it. My daughter could have ate them and swallowed it!! Get with it Kellogg's. I never got a return call from them proving it was glass. They were going to send it to their lab... Well what's the verdict???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Bought Kellogg's for years, but recently their quality control standards have taken an absolute nose dive. The Rice Krispies in particular contain small hard black particles that are so hard you can seriously damage your teeth biting into them. I don't think this is burnt cereal pieces as they are as hard as rock, so it must be some other sort of contaminant. The issue has been persistent for the past year, and judging from comments ALL OVER THE INTERNET regarding the same issues I can surely say I will NEVER be buying Kellogg's again. It makes me especially angry that cereals such as this are targeted at children. This is absolutely horrific and it is only a matter of time before someone is seriously harmed by this negligence. (EDIT - CHECK THE OTHER EXPERIENCES WRITTEN ON THIS SITE, MANY SUCH CASES OF PEOPLE BECOMING VERY ILL!!!)

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

There were only 2 pecans in the entire 18 oz. box of the Special K Cinnamon Pecan cereal. For the price of this per box, I would expect a lot of pecans (at least more than two). As this is the second time I had this issue (I thought the first time it was some kind of fluke, but I guess I was wrong.) I won't be buying this again. Very disappointing!!!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I bought a single pack of strawberry pop tarts for breakfast on my way to work, when I opened the sealed package I noticed a bite was missing. Then I looked at the other one and it was even bigger. You can clearly see where a mouse or rat ate on both of the tarts while they were stacked!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I purchased a box of Fruit Loops cereal and on the box, it said "5 toucans inside have a look!" or something about 5 toucans being in throughout the cereal. I got home excited as and opened the box into the biggest bowl I could find and started looking for my 5 toucans and found nothing. I hope you sleep well at night knowing you lied to the whole country.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Hi guys, I purchased this box of Raisin Bran (I commonly purchase it, and from the same store), from Food Basics a week ago. Best before June 2019 and it has many black specks through it... At first I thought maybe it was like flax seed or something but now I'm seriously second guessing and perhaps a tad bit creeped out. Anyone else notice this? I can't say I recall ever seeing anything especially not this extent.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

The new version of Coco Pops tastes disgusting, literally threw away half the box. I’ve heard the new version of Rice Krispies tastes horrible too, sad to think my child who will be born in December will never experience Kellogg’s, I’ll stick to Pick n Pay or Bokomo cereals because this new stuff is so bad it makes customers gag.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased 3 boxes of the chocolate Frosted Flakes (because they were on sale). I took my first bite and it tasted weird but I thought it was just me. But then the next few bites were the same. It tasted like kerosene, paint or gas. So I threw out that bowl and opened a new box. It was the same smell and taste. All 3 boxes wound up being no good. It did make me feel ill that day so please be careful if you’re giving this cereal to your children. Smell and taste it first so they don’t also get sick.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I like Frosted Mini-Wheats and I usually eat them twice a week. I bought a family size box from my local grocery store and as soon as I opened the box, there was a fishy smell. I tasted it and it tasted okay and so I had a small bowl. Later in the day I was craving more and then I opened up the box again. The fishy smell was stronger. I couldn’t believe I was able to eat the first bowl but now the second. I plan on returning the box. Disgusting!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have purchased NO OTHER brand of Saltines up till now. I would pay more money and didn't care because they were the BEST by far! They were always crisp and salty... perfect crackers. Well let me tell you the last 6 boxes we purchased were terrible! They actually taste flat and Stale! Sooooooo fed up with them.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

New Chocolate Frosted Flakes w/Marshmallows - Recently got food poisoning and wasn't sure what from. Then got it a second time and the only thing I've eaten that my family hasn't is this cereal. They've all drank glasses of the milk we have and it's not that. Each time I was sick it was the next day after eating this cereal. Something is wrong. I got it from Dollar General.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

The box of Raisin Bran I bought Saturday was so stale I had to throw out my bowl, then the whole box. The box was dated June 20, 2019. You charge a lot for your cereal, even at Walmart, and I expect better.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I purchased a box of Special K Vanilla Almond from the Dollar General store today August 4th 2019. When I open the bag to pour a bowl of cereal, I saw 2 flying bugs in the bowl. As I began to look at the bag, I observed flying bugs were inside of the bag. Too many of them were crawling inside of the bag.

Original review: July 8, 2018

This is absolutely disgusting. I opened a brand new box of Apple Jacks poured a bowl for myself and my husband and took a few bites. I then noticed a bunch of black dots that looked like bugs. I then inspected the cereal really good then saw them crawling inside the cereal. Like actual bugs crawling in the cereal. I am now freaked out that I just ate bugs. I will NEVER purchase this cereal again! I honestly don’t think I will eat cereal again after this. So gross!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I purchased a box of 40 Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats and Rice Krispie Cereal. I had been seeing what appeared to be black spots on my Rice Krispie cereal and treats and I thought they were resulting from some of the pieces being burnt until I open one of the treats and found what appears to be some kind of a dead bug(gross). After seeing this, I decided to look at some reviews and that's how I came across this site. This just happened today 07/01/2018. I will be contacting Kellogg's regarding this.

Original review: June 26, 2018

I regularly consume Kellogg's Fruit N Fibre (lets two times a week or sometimes even four times a week). It’s my best breakfast because it contains dry fruits and some pcs of banana and other fruits and also the flakes are very crunchy and good in quality. But now from past 2 months I observed Kellogg's has changed the packing from the box to the packet... I thought it’s just a change in packing but the shocking thing was when I tasted this flakes "they taste bitter and not at all like the previous ones... It’s like a torture for me to finish this packs and I am very disappointed with the quality. I even tried to visit other stores to find the old packing stocks but nowhere it is available. Believe me the quality is totally spoiled. And I request Kellogg's to take some action on this.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My kids and I are addicted to Rice Krispies treats. We ALWAYS buy the big box and dont even make it to the checkout line without opening the box lol. Well today I found "something" black in the middle of the Rice Krispies. I was so upset and disappointed. I felt very uneasy and glad to spot it before I allowed my son to eat it. I hope that my complaint today helps prevent this from happening again to another person or child. I would hate to know that the food is contaminated with something. I hope this gets fixed before another person or family experiences this.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I used to love Froot Loops. I grew up on them. In the last year or so they changed. They no longer taste like fresh fruit flavor. They taste off. The sugar grains they used to sparkle with has been changed to a thin sugar glaze. Even worse the day after I eat them I get stomach pain every time and my stool is a strange green I guess from the dye they use from all the mixed colors. Disgusting how what used to be good is now terrible and even makes you sick. I notice the option for pictures. Take my word for it, green and painful toilet visit the day after eating.

Original review: June 8, 2018

Bought 2 boxes of Froot Loops, 2 packs at Cosco. When I ate these we all noticed this really weird taste. The cereal had very little fruit flavor, tasting more like chemical cardboard with a hint of this nasty burnt taste. All three of us that ate this became nauseous, with headaches and extremely painful stomach aches... My husband and are struggling with stomach pain that has for now persisted for days. I have spent even more money on meds than the cereal and I'm still sick. I may go to the hospital if this persists.

I contacted Kellogg's but no reply of course. I went into research to see why we are so ill, if it's home treatable and what chemicals we ate... It has one only found in hazardous waste: "Glyphosate exposure has been linked to gut health problems, endocrine disruption, cancer and much more as GMO Free USA noted along with its list of study links." "Don't worry, though; a government agency says that you'll only be exposed to 2-methylnaphthalene if you live near a hazardous waste site." **. The corn in Froot Loops produces insecticides from inside every cell of the plant that can’t be washed off and is regulated by the EPA. The FDA, EPA, and USDA allowed the insecticidal GMO corn discovered in Froot Loops to be commercialized without ever conducting human safety tests.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Found a piece of glass as I was eating my cereal, got the two for 7 bucks at Walmart. I can't believe this, I was chewing cereal when I felt something hard and sharp in my mouth. I am throwing my two cereal boxes away, now I know how people end up in hospitals due to glass in their bellies. I even scratch the box with this tiny piece of glass just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Very disturbing.

Original review: March 30, 2018

This has been the 3rd time I have found maggots in my cereal. I first thought it was the store I was buying it from but this time I bought from a different store. Usually they were just on the outside of the bag inside the box. This time however, they were inside. I have to find a new favorite cereal and from reading other reviews, made by a different company.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I recently see a Special K cereal commercial advertising their new "Special K Nourish with Probiotics/Peaches & Berries", so considering both my sons, as well as myself, always enjoyed Special K Strawberries, also Fruit & Yogurt. I had to get a box. Wow was I WRONG!!! Aside from the fact that I paid a ridiculously $4.49 for a TINY 10.5 oz BOX!!! I open the box to find 95% of the contents being the flakes, 4% being a BUTT LOAD of these nasty, HARD AS ROCKS, "probiotic yogurt" chunks, with the remaining 1% being these TEENY TINY (like the size of the box) SPECKS of, what reads on the back of the box, 'cause I had no idea what was what, being how small and minute they are... Peaches, blueberries and raspberries!! Seriously Kellogg's?!!!

I think I can speak for a lot of consumers when I say, with each box sold, you're getting at least $4.49 out of us. But you can not afford to add bigger, better and tastier products??? Although, as I read some of these reviews, my complaint is small (like your products) in comparison to these other reviews, finding BUGS, MOLD, INFESTATIONS... REALLY KELLOGG'S?? Word of mouth is vital, these complaints may not seem important to you now but when enough consumers hear of all your nasty products, you will no longer have nasty products to sell nor make money off of!! Kellogg's... You all need to make all of these and future complaints right, sooner than later!!! You all (Kellogg's CEO/PRESIDENT/PR Dept./ HR dept./FACTORY employees... So on and so on) should be ashamed of yourselves!!! Disgusting!!! Lazy!!!

Original review: March 8, 2018

As I was pouring my 10-year-old son a bowl of Frosted Flakes I looked in and I saw this white looking substance which looked like some kind of broken pill or something. I know it's not a clump of sugar. Never again will I purchase Kellogg's products. How disgusting!!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I opened up a brand new box of brown sugar cinnamon Pop Tarts and when I pulled open a package one of them was half eaten. Looks like mouth sized bites taken out but can't be sure. Very disappointed as I love Kellogg's products.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Purchased a family size box of Kellogg's a few weeks ago instead of the usual Post brand. Yuck! Unfortunately, the K brand tastes like the cardboard box they came in. My wife asked me if I wanted anything at the store. I said, "Yes", since the raisin brand is hardly edible (unless I were a horse). I asked her to get those frosted Mini Wheats I haven't had for a while. Just had a bowl. Definitely different than I remember. Probably the company changed something to make the cost cheaper. Obviously, no group taste testing before launching the "new and improved" product. I'm wondering if Kellogg's products are now being outsourced to some other country?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

When I took a bite and felt the hair in my mouth it was disgusting so I scoop it out. I thought maybe it was mine but impossible. Is black color thats not the color of my hair. My is light brown and it was stick to the waffle. I bought the Eggo 72 count from Costco about 1 months ago. We dont eat frozen food often but I thought of giving a try. We are about half box so I cant return. This box was purchase on 1/5/18.

Kellogg's Company Information