1.28/5
Based on 193 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Kellogg's

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 4, 2017

215 Kellogg's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We bought a new box of Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats from Costco. Once we get home and open the first package, the rice krispies has some grey stuff attached on it and it looks disgusting. Then we contacted Kellogg's by sending the photos to remind them they should do better quality control since many of consumers are kids, but they just ignored and did not give any reply. Before they can address their product safety issues, I would not recommend anybody buy their food for kids.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My family has been purchasing Frosted Flakes for years. Recently, have noticed random hard particles in the cereal. We have bought various boxes in Virginia and South Carolina and have experienced the same recent problem. These particles are dangerous to one’s teeth. Be careful!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I made myself a bowl of Raisin Bran yesterday and almost immediately I had severe stomach cramps. I didn't put the two together until I fixed a bowl today. I could only eat two bites. The first bite was normal but the second bite was so bitter and I still have a strange bitter tingling in my mouth. Could it be poison? I'm very concerned and not sure what to do. I feel strange as well.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

On buying Kellogg's Bran Flakes on two occasions lately I've found that there is between 3 grams and 1 to 1&1/2 inches of mushy powder at bottom of packet! I wondered if anyone else gets annoyed about this or is it just me! You expect a little crumbs and broken flakes but not powdered mush! They are not the cheapest breakfast cereal.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

We've been eating Kellogg's Corn Flakes for years. Last month we bought a box and noticed that there were very hard particles in the corn flakes that would not soften in the milk and were quite painful when biting down on them. I was afraid I was seriously going to break a tooth. The particles didn't look any different than the rest of the cereal, so you really couldn't avoid them - They were like little rocks embedded in the cereal. Well, we thought that maybe this was just a "one-off", but after opening another box we found the same problem. I think we're done with Kellogg's Corn Flakes.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I'm so disgusted! I have multiple boxes of cereal in my cabinet & keep my cereal bags closed right for freshness. Well today I opened my bag of Blueberry Kellogg's Mini Wheats and found 20+ dead BUGS floating in my milk and mini wheats!!! I took a look in the bag and there's NESTS, BLACK TURD NESTS, w/ bugs hibernated inside and jumping insects inside! I have other cereal but all of them have zero bugs.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I have eaten these bars for many years, and normally love them. While out of town at a Houston Walmart, we purchased two 12-count boxes of the Special K Strawberry Protein Meal Bars. The first box was fine. The second box: ate one bar - tasted like chocolate! Later ate another - still tasted like chocolate! Checked the bar - usual red "fruit pieces" in there; nothing looked like chocolate. I know the strawberry bars are flavored with strawberry extract, so I guess these were flavored by chocolate. I despise anything chocolate for breakfast; there was no strawberry flavor at all. Looked at this website, and started feeling nauseous after reading reviews of other products. Definitely not happy!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

This is the most disgusting and the worst experience I ever had in my life. I am 7 months pregnant. Was craving for something sweet and I decided to buy the chocolate pop tarts and as I was eating there goes an alive bug crawling in there. I threw up on the spot. I was on the train on my way home from work. I called Kellogg’s customer service. They kept hanging up on me. It’s just disgusting and I hope I didn't swallow any of the bug other than what I saw. I have the pic and video recorded.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

At first Fiber One Oats and Caramel disappear from the shelves then when they come back it seems they have added little bits of stone to them. It is such a disappointed, but I finally bit into one of these tiny rock-hard "things" with my crowned-tooth and now I am having pain in the area. I once loved these bars, but no longer.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Right now they have a promo where if you buy 2 specially marked boxes of Sugar Frosted Flakes you can get a free $5.00 Gas Coupon. But... their email address fails half the time and the other half you get a message saying the photo of your receipt is unclear, or it is missing the date, or it appears you have attached more than 1 photo, or the price is missing, etc, etc. Clearly, they just want you to buy 2 boxes of their crappy icing sugar coated cereal so they can make more money. Has anyone actually received a $5.00 gas coupon? I think not and have given up trying, like anyone else would after 6 fails!

Original review: July 20, 2017

My child was eating his cereal (Froot Loops) this morning when he came in my room crying saying something was in the cereal. It was almost like a Brown tar like substance that smelt like coffee. I called the company. After about a 10 minute hold Kellogg's told me that it had to do with some kind of fruit something. Waiting on confirmation email. Can't find any related articles. Any information Would-be great.

Original review: July 19, 2017

Bought a box of Kellogg's rice crispy treats at BJ'S for my 6 yr old son, when he opened the 2nd one he came to me saying there's a hair on it. When I looked sure enough there was a hair baked into it. He loves them. I told him check it when eating. Y'all should do the same.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I opened a new box of Kellogg's rice krispies cereal to make rice krispies treats. As I was measuring the rice krispies cereal into a bowl, I noticed that some of the rice krispies had a black edge to them. Then a big chunk of black stuff came out of the box. Don't know what it is. Threw the cereal away. I found this site because I was looking to see what the black stuff was and someone at this site had taken a picture of the same exact thing.

Original review: July 11, 2017

The cereal box for "Fruit and Yogurt" has a picture on the front showing a strawberry, red raspberries, and a blackberry. The photo of the cereal in the bowl appears to have something like dried fruit, maybe a cranberry. I did not read the contents before purchasing. If I had, would not have bought. Contents says it contains "dried apples", and "natural and artificial flavor". I did not pay for this overpriced cereal to get apples. When I called yesterday to register a complaint, the customer service rep offered to send me a coupon toward a future purchase. I will not be buying this product ever again, and maybe not any Kellogg's products either. Upon my insistence, she agreed to send me a voucher for a replacement box of Kellogg's cereal. The picture is totally misleading, and I will also be contacting the FDA, as I informed the service rep.

Original review: June 28, 2017

My reason for this review is that I bought Kellogg's Muesli with dry fruits. Instead of muesli and dry fruits, I found cornflakes and coconut pieces in the packet. They are making us fools. I will never buy Kellogg's food anymore. They are just making business. Very disappointed and will be posting on social media for everyone to read.

Original review: May 27, 2017

My reason for this review is that I bought a box of cereal which contains large balls of what appears to be burnt cereal and most definitely smells like burnt something. At first I could tell if the material was burnt cereal or rat poop. I'm still not sure of which one it may be. I spit it into a napkin and it's black and charred and most definitely burned. Gross, I typically buy cereal twice a week this experience has changed my choice in brands. Please be aware of this brand especially if your young children are pouring for themselves. This could very well be hazardous. It stuck to my molars.

Original review: May 16, 2017

I never thought I would be one of the consumer this would happen to, but I've just found three tiny #insects in my #Kelloggs frosted mini wheats! I always thought videos of finding such things online were fake and I've obviously been proven wrong today! I feel sick to the stomach... YUCK! Please share this status and spread awareness! One really needs to pay attention when consuming any food nowadays, even if they are from a brand like Kellogg's!

Original review: March 30, 2017

I bought a box of Frosted Flakes. I opened it and poured my son a bowl. Within minutes he was holding his throat turning pale. I then realized he couldn't breathe. I stuck my finger in his mouth and a large molar looking hard white chunk came out his mouth. I called Kellogg's and they offered me 2 coupons... Are you serious?

Original review: Feb. 15, 2017

Made Rice Krispies tonight. It's been about a year since I have made them. Took my first bite and thought my tooth broke. It didn't break but I started looking through the cereal and there are small hard as rocks caramel colored pieces mixed in with the cereal. After reading all the other complaints I must say I will no longer be purchasing anything Kellogg's. Very disappointed and will be posting on social media for everyone to read. Thought about calling Kellogg's but they will probably wanna give free coupons for more of their crap so no thanks!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

Recently purchased a new box of frosted flakes cereal. A son open the box and pour himself a bowl cereal. He saw a flake he thought was just darker than the others so he moved to the side and continue eating then he took another glance at it and noticed that it was just a very big flake. As he flip it to our surprise it was a huge nasty bug.

Called Kellogg's and complained. Told him it was a brand-new box that was sealed purchased at our local Sam's Club. I still have the receipt. All they asked is for SKU number expiration date and description of the bug then told me they were sorry for the inconvenience that they will be mailing me coupons. They sure did a few days later. I literally only got two coupons in a sealed envelope without even a letter of apology. When I stated my concerns to them when I called they didn't care. I was just concerned that there was no other boxes out there or that the box that I had could happen could have some kind of bacteria in it. I hope one day the CEO eats a bug as nasty as my son Did in his bowl of cereal.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I bought Kellogg's muesli fruit and nut on November mid 2016, which has manufacture date as Sep 2016. But now when I tried to open (jan 30 2017) it got entirely spoiled. It has some worms and holes in nuts and all.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2017

I was eating a 2.13 oz Win gold rice Krispy treat expires 2018 and I noticed a black spot in the middle of the treat, half way through eating it! Then I pulled the rest of the treat apart there were multiple black specs in the treat! I'm very disgusted and my kids have already ate the entire box without noticing. Opened the very last one to see if it was the same. Sure enough! I will never purchase Kellogg's again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

We just learned that Kashi Pizza, one of the few nominally not bad for you products in the frozen food aisle has been discontinued. Low sales is the explanation offered by Kashi. The product was excellent by all measures. Products fail for many reasons. Perhaps Kashi (Kellogg's) failed to promote it appropriately. Perhaps it was too 'healthy' for the nutritionally benighted American palate. In any case, Kashi, a self-boasting 'health' enterprise should have kept the pizza on the shelves just the same for thousands of folks who depended on it as a healthy alternative to what's out there in the frozen pizza universe. It's a matter of corporate responsibility. Sometimes $$$ should take a backseat to service and goodwill. For us, the Kashi brand, which already plays fast and loose with ingredients, it's one more reason to skip its products.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2016

I was eating my bowl of cereal. I was chewing the cereal and hit something hard. I thought I broke a tooth. I took the pieces out of my mouth. There were at least 9 small pieces of golden colored rocks. The largest was about 3/8" by 1/4". The others are smaller. The box was bought at CVS in Hampton, Va. on West Mercury Blvd. It is the FAMILY SIZE box, 26.8 oz. The production code is 36USC220506. The "better if used date" is Aug 30, 2017. I am very disappointed in this Company. How do I know where this product was produced?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

We recently went on a kick of buying a lot of rice krispies treats. I sat down, grabbed two and bit into one. I couldn't get through. I tried biting it with my side teeth and finally decided to check it with my eyes. Inside the treat was a huge glob of something light caramel color in a hard ball. I opened another and there was another one of a smaller size but this time I found bits of black flecks all throughout the treat. We opened the whole box and same thing, little black solid flecks of something hard and I'm disgusted.

I noticed on the packaging it says Product of Mexico. Um no thank you. We are done with Kellogg's. We even went to another store and bought a box and opened all of them to find the exact same thing. We have a pantry full of products we are throwing away. I shudder to think they could be bug parts from the experiences others have had. We possibly may even contact an attorney. I'd like to know what the hell we have been consuming. Kellogg's you are absolutely careless and disgusting!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2016

I was ready to have my usual breakfast and opened the box of Kellog's Frosted Mini-Wheats Little Bites. I didn't notice anything unusual yet so I poured on milk and found an insect floating. (Very disgusting!) I just have to remove it since it could be just one-off. But the next morning I did the same thing and more black, dead insects can be seen floating. It can only be noticed when you pour on milk as it is black in color and floating. This time I checked the package and voila, there are other hidden, black insects inside. I lost my appetite. :(.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2016

Decided I'd enjoy some Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats into the second bite and something hard and sharp cut my gum! I was scared to death to pull it out of my mouth as I had no idea what it would be. Pulled it out of my mouth and there it was a sharp hard blue piece of plastic like substance. I will be contacting Kellogg's, but I also wanted to make this information public as me being a mother I would hate for my child or anyone else's to experience this issue. Box of treats was purchased from Wegmans, packaging did not seem to be tampered with. Possibly issue occurred at factory.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2016

Frosted Flakes WARNING. Bought a new box of Frosted Flakes and almost broke my tooth. Extremely hard, caramel colour bits in the cereal that do not soften in milk. Cannot identify what they are but they vaguely look like a hardened piece of corn. We estimated that there were enough in the box that you would get a few bits per bowl. This particular box is "Best before May 2017." Will not be buying again!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

Kellogg's Fruit Snacks - I recently purchased 2 boxes of the mixed fruit snacks for my kids' lunches. While they normally eat almost anything, this specific time they refused, they said they tasted old. Thinking to myself that they are just being boys I tried one. Absolutely disgusting. Both boxes they technically don't expire till March of 2017. Sam's Club has yet to answer the phone after many attempts. I definitely will be getting a refund and will not be buying these tasteless old snacks anymore.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2016
    My daughter and I were looking for a chocolate treat and we bought Chocolate Fudge Pop Tarts. They were not good. They certainly did not taste like fudge and barely tasted like chocolate. They were very similar to the "chocolate" part of a frozen chocolate and vanilla ice cream sandwich: same mushy texture, same bland taste, barely a chocolate flavor. They also had tiny bits of ??? (something similar to salty nut bits) on top that was unappealing. I recommend you pass on these.

Bar Code Number: o 380003130 -3. Purchased at Rite Aid in Spokane, WA 99208 on Friday, September 16, 2016.

Kellogg's Company Information