Kellogg's

Compare Food Products

Research top Food Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was eating my bowl of cereal. I was chewing the cereal and hit something hard. I thought I broke a tooth. I took the pieces out of my mouth. There were at least 9 small pieces of golden colored rocks. The largest was about 3/8" by 1/4". The others are smaller. The box was bought at CVS in Hampton, Va. on West Mercury Blvd. It is the FAMILY SIZE box, 26.8 oz. The production code is 36USC220506. The "better if used date" is Aug 30, 2017. I am very disappointed in this Company. How do I know where this product was produced?

We recently went on a kick of buying a lot of rice krispies treats. I sat down, grabbed two and bit into one. I couldn't get through. I tried biting it with my side teeth and finally decided to check it with my eyes. Inside the treat was a huge glob of something light caramel color in a hard ball. I opened another and there was another one of a smaller size but this time I found bits of black flecks all throughout the treat. We opened the whole box and same thing, little black solid flecks of something hard and I'm disgusted.

I noticed on the packaging it says Product of Mexico. Um no thank you. We are done with Kellogg's. We even went to another store and bought a box and opened all of them to find the exact same thing. We have a pantry full of products we are throwing away. I shudder to think they could be bug parts from the experiences others have had. We possibly may even contact an attorney. I'd like to know what the hell we have been consuming. Kellogg's you are absolutely careless and disgusting!!!

I was ready to have my usual breakfast and opened the box of Kellog's Frosted Mini-Wheats Little Bites. I didn't notice anything unusual yet so I poured on milk and found an insect floating. (Very disgusting!) I just have to remove it since it could be just one-off. But the next morning I did the same thing and more black, dead insects can be seen floating. It can only be noticed when you pour on milk as it is black in color and floating. This time I checked the package and voila, there are other hidden, black insects inside. I lost my appetite. :(.

Decided I'd enjoy some Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats into the second bite and something hard and sharp cut my gum! I was scared to death to pull it out of my mouth as I had no idea what it would be. Pulled it out of my mouth and there it was a sharp hard blue piece of plastic like substance. I will be contacting Kellogg's, but I also wanted to make this information public as me being a mother I would hate for my child or anyone else's to experience this issue. Box of treats was purchased from Wegmans, packaging did not seem to be tampered with. Possibly issue occurred at factory.

Frosted Flakes WARNING. Bought a new box of Frosted Flakes and almost broke my tooth. Extremely hard, caramel colour bits in the cereal that do not soften in milk. Cannot identify what they are but they vaguely look like a hardened piece of corn. We estimated that there were enough in the box that you would get a few bits per bowl. This particular box is "Best before May 2017." Will not be buying again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?

Kellogg's Fruit Snacks - I recently purchased 2 boxes of the mixed fruit snacks for my kids' lunches. While they normally eat almost anything, this specific time they refused, they said they tasted old. Thinking to myself that they are just being boys I tried one. Absolutely disgusting. Both boxes they technically don't expire till March of 2017. Sam's Club has yet to answer the phone after many attempts. I definitely will be getting a refund and will not be buying these tasteless old snacks anymore.

My daughter and I were looking for a chocolate treat and we bought Chocolate Fudge Pop Tarts. They were not good. They certainly did not taste like fudge and barely tasted like chocolate. They were very similar to the "chocolate" part of a frozen chocolate and vanilla ice cream sandwich: same mushy texture, same bland taste, barely a chocolate flavor. They also had tiny bits of ??? (something similar to salty nut bits) on top that was unappealing. I recommend you pass on these.

Bar Code Number: o 380003130 -3. Purchased at Rite Aid in Spokane, WA 99208 on Friday, September 16, 2016.

I made my grandfather a cup of soup and he wanted some saltines to go with it. I opened a brand new box for him and immediately noticed a very strong chemical smell. I grabbed out a sleeve of saltines and the package tore right open with zero effort. I grabbed for another and the same happened with every sleeve. I didn't even venture to try one with all of those strikes! Can only imagine the harm I would've been doing to my body or my grandpa's if I had. Absolutely disgusted.

Bought Rice Krispies Treats last week from Costco and opened up to eat and bit into something hard. Almost broke my tooth! It was very hard, round, light tannish in color. I threw it out and tried another one and chewed slowly to be careful and bit into 2 more of those hard things! Opened up another one and pulled it apart and found more in the other packages. So disappointed!

Wife was fixing a bowl of cereal at the end of the box and found a mouse dropping in the box. Now mind you we live in a very clean place. No mice no bugs at all!!! We keep our bags in the box closed with clips and sealed very good. There was no damage to the box at all and it definitively was already in the box. So glad my wife did catch it before she ate it and got sick. Very disappointed.

When I opened the sealed bag inside the cereal box, small moth-like insect flew out. Lifted clear bag from box and saw multiple moth-like insects inside. Gross. I felt sick and saw several similar complaints online. Disgusted Kellogg's allows this.

Found insect parts in my Raisin Bran cereal which is now produced in Mexico. When I called the company they told me that they are allowed so many insect parts in their product by US law. I told them I didn't want insect parts in my cereal and the customer service rep offered me coupons for more cereal! Why would I want more cereal with more insect parts in it? Seems ridiculous to me. They are producing more of their products in Mexico because it is cheaper for them. However there is no oversight on these products - they also put a lot of US workers out of work by shifting to Mexico. BAN Kellogg's!

I'm kind of obsessed with Kellogg's Froot Loops, the ones with the marshmallows. I have 2 kids who I REFUSE to share my cereal with because I'm the only one who cares to make sure the bag and box are closed perfectly and correctly to keep them fresh! I love cereal for breakfast and as a snack so I probably buy at least 2 boxes a week. My issue is that I don't have to wait for my kids to leave the box and bag open and cause the cereal to become stale because sometimes I open a "Fresh Box" of cereal that is already stale.

The Froot Loops have a soft, crunch-less stale taste and the marshmallows are very stale and chewy. It's gross, unappetizing, very disappointing, and happens wayyyy too often i.e If I buy 6 boxes in 1 month... 5 out of 6 of those boxes are already stale when I open them. It's very rare for me to get a fresh crunchy crispy box of Froot Loops w/ Marshmallows. Something has to be done about this. Stale cereal is absolutely on my top 5 list of breakfast fails.

I bought a box of Special K red berries. It read on box with extra red berries, there wasn't one red berry in the whole box. Very disappointed - just wanted to let Kellogg's know this.

Found a hair sealed mostly inside and partly outside of a Finding Dory cereal chiller promotional item, Nemo character. Purchased at Giant in Hatfield, PA. Exp May 24 2017, 17oz package of Fruit Loops. Was able to pick up the package by the dangling hair inside. Contamination fear made worse due to living with two auto immune disorders including a stomach one.

In late May I purchased a 10 pack of Eggo Waffles as I normally do on a weekly basis. When opening the box, I was shocked to find one waffle chewed almost in half. It appeared a rodent or other creature had been gnawing on the waffle prior to shipment. The integrity of the box was genuine, so it was my feeling they left the distribution facility compromised.

The box of waffles were purchased at Stop and Shop Supermarket on Farmington Avenue in West Hartford, CT. I immediately notified Kellogg via customer service website. A few weeks later I received a letter from Kellogg's (somewhat indifferent and insensitive) that all their products are held to the highest quality. A coupon was enclosed for another box which I refuse to ever buy again.

Kellogg's Pop-tarts are sinful because of too much sugar, fat and calories on each pastry but I indulge myself on it every once in a while, especially if I'm feeling troubled with something. I particularly like the Frosted Cherry variety which is available in our local grocery store. It's a little pricey here than most boxed pastries but it's worth it because it tastes heavenly. Brings back childhood memories of playing in the park with friends for me. You also get 16 pieces (I think) in one box so it's something you can consume bit by bit to regulate the supposed unhealthy effects of it.

I haven't seen them sold seperately or in smaller packs so I usually buy by the box. And when you heat it for a while in the toaster, it gives an invigorating aroma that gets you excited to munch on them when they're done. When I was in college, I stocked up on these because I get hungry all the time when I'm studying and they're pretty easy to prepare. They're go very well with a hot cup of black coffee too.

Special K cereal has small pieces of things too hard to chew. I can not crush with fingernails or my teeth. What is in this cereal?

I love the sweetness of Froot Loops! The colors just make it extra interesting to eat, but the flavor of the cereal, itself, is yummy enough! I used to eat Froot Loops when I was a little girl, now I'm a mom and my daughter and I both eat it. :-)

Pampa Frosted Flakes - Cereal does not dissolve and is very hard and I almost choked. This needs to be recalled asap. Don't give this cheap cereal to your kids. I got it from a food pantry and I threw it out. Shouldn't even be sold.

I purchased a pack of Kellogg's fruity snacks on May 9th 2016. As I was eating them, I bit down into one that had a gritty white substance in the middle of one of the red ones. It upset my stomach and gave me diarrhea. It seems to be like plastic... When I called Kellogg's the lady tells me she doesn't see how it could make me sick because it's starch and I told her how can she say what makes me sick... Then she asks me "was the package tampered with?" I told her no. Then she says they will send me some coupons and a package to send the contaminated product back to them... She must think I'm crazy.

I see several complaints about the white stuff in the middle of the Kellogg's fruity snacks... Something needs to be done about this. The quality control department is not doing their job. It doesn't matter whether I got sick or not. It should not be a gritty substance in the middle and Kellogg's should not feel sending out coupons will make it all better. I have put the remaining product in my fridge... too many complaints about the same thing. This is neglect on their part. It's nothing to brush under the rug. People have all kind of allergic reactions to things. I don't take this lightly at all!!

I feel lucky I haven't broken a tooth like some others. I bit down on several very hard bits in my Special K, soldiering on until I guess I reached my limit and had to stop and inspect them and the Web about this. This is now the second box it's happened with, the first having been purchased/eaten several weeks ago. I don't often buy cereal either and when I do, I eat it that day or the next so it's not like it's sitting around. With previous hard bits, I basically tried to chew them a bit more and found them quite hard, not quite like rocks but like uncooked rice, and they did not soften sufficiently with a reasonable amount of chewing.

I took some out of my mouth and put the bits in water this time, to see if they would dissolve or swell, and after they had sat in water for half an hour, they did eventually swell (see picture) and they now look like cooked rice. It's as if the rice had been cooked and then had dried. I've never had this happen with Rice Krispies so I'm hoping there is some way to prevent this. For now I'm avoiding this cereal. I'm again very glad no broken or chipped teeth, because I would very much expect that if I were to eat these again. I'm not interested in eating haltingly, carefully nomming each bite to see if it is soft enough. I call for changing the cooking method or QC.

My daughter and I have been long supporters of the Kellogg's brand. We love Pop-Tarts, especially as our evening snacks. On Wednesday, we were running behind schedule to get to school, so my daughter asked if she could eat a Pop-Tarts as a snack. I heard her screaming and after asking her what was wrong, she said that she bit something hard in her Pop-Tarts... After having her spit what was in her mouth out, we found a black button that was embedded into the strawberry part. I immediately contacted them via FB and they offered us a coupon to buy their products... I am completely disgusted!!!

My daughter cried the majority of her field trip that day because her mouth was hurting AND she was/is now afraid to eat food without pinching it apart to see what is in it. I will NEVER support anything this company has to offer! I will continue to share the picture via social media and with other educators. I will also tell everyone to not purchase these things because you guys are horrible at QA. I have no idea how you can even get a button into food without anyone noticing!!!

In January I ordered a bowl which was damaged during delivery. I reported this over the phone and was promised a replacement will be sent out. I have been sending emails but the company is using 90 days delivery time as an excuse. Letter from Evan ** said in the letter that replacement was sent out on 12/2/2016. Where is this bowl? Company has shown no interest in resolving the issue. Instead they have tried to bribe me by sending 3 x £1 coupons. All I have been asking is refund of £2 or a replacement bowl delivered intact without any excuses or further delays. Would the company like me to pursue this matter through other channel/s? Just because the company holds Royal Warrant gives them the right to ignore general public complaints and ignore them.

I used to buy the regular corn flakes, but when it went out of stock at the local grocery, I bought the frosted kind. It was surprisingly delicious! It's also awesome because you can just eat it even without milk!

I purchased a box I Kellogg's Froot Loops for my son's at Kroger. When my son poured a bowl of cereal, he noticed a heavy chunk of something in his cereal. This is so nasty. I can't believe that they would let this go through inspection!

They are secretly taking another price increase by reducing the net weight of their packages and hoping you don't notice. Read the net weight, mark down what it is, and don't buy the products when they do this stupid trick. They must think their customers are dumb or something to even try this ridiculous stunt. Don't tell me "everybody's doing it" - the companies who value their customers aren't - they put the people above the profits.

Morningstar burgers are a good example. New bag package instead of the box (which preserved the product better), yet another downgrade for the customer. Tell me, are they passing along this cost savings in lousy packaging to their retailers? Their customers? Not from the really high process I'm seeing for this in the stores! Kellogg's used to be such a good company. They've now changed for the WORSE. I don't buy their products anymore. Naturally, they will now charge even more to their remaining customers when their sales go down as people realize their cheating of their own customers by giving low value. A shame. Maybe they'll get some better management in who care about their own customers. Yes, the customers notice these deceptions, and hold you accountable for it, Kellogg's!

When I opened a package I thought I saw something moving in the cereal bag. But I did not wear contact lenses at that moment so I opened it and looked more carefully before serve to my husband. Then, I found SO MANY INSECTS. I never ever seen such a disgusting thing in my life. So disappointing. This company wants people to eat insects with their "original" product.

Earlier this week I purchased a box of Corn Pops and as I was eating I bit down on something hard. When I spat it out it appeared to be some type of wood or something and I was not happy.

This is what I found inside a freshly bought box of Kellogg's Special K Chocolatey strawberry cereal! I called the company to ask for their E-mail to send them my photos. The man I spoke to in customer service said he didn't need any photos! So I am adding them to this website because I don't know what else to do.

Kellogg's Company Profile