2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.71/5

Kellogg's Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

This is about the 5th time I have been confident I’ve almost chipped a tooth on small pieces in the original cereal. I love the flavor and the nutritional facts but please fix the small hard pieces. Seems like many people are experiencing the same thing. :/

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I have found Mouse Poop or some sort of poop in my Kelloggs cereal (holiday special). Already ate half a bowl of the cereal and on my spoon filled cereal scoop, I seen something black and took a closer look and seen it was poop. A sized that was could have been mouse poop on my Spoon!!

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I bought a box of Rice Krispies at a local market yesterday. The expiry date is August 2020, but when I opened the box, the cereal was rancid!! After reading the reviews, this seems to be a common occurrence. Not impressed, Kelloggs!!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Luckily I had others to smell the content of the cereal box. My sense of smell was out due to allergies. Would have been awful had I used this product and served it to guests. I only saw reviews when I tried to find out why I could not locate my yearly coloured rice crispies. Well this happened to regular rice crispies as well.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2019

Best by date: August 20 2020. One whiff is enough to send you spinning. Why havent these been pulled from the shelves? Customer service is sending me a coupon! It's a chemical smell. Not just rancid. Glad I smelled them before making treats for my grandaughters! That I would have a way bigger problem with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I have used Kellogg's Rice Krispies in many different recipes as well as just eating them. I did not have enough to complete making squares so purchased another box. It turned out to be a completely different product, certainly nothing like the picture on the box and the product in my previous box. It is dark flakes, not puffed. Has the company changed the recipe? The boxes have all the same numbers on them but do not say where they were made.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2019

I purchased holiday rice krispies from Walmart and the first time I opened the bag it smelt rancid or stale. I have read other reviews that are similar to what I smelled. And I've got to say that this particular cereal was made stale in the factory or something. What a shame. Kellogg's should fix this and find out what the reason is for giving consumers stale cereal.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

I purchased 2 boxes of Holiday Rice Krispie Cereal. Both boxes emitted a strange odor when opened, not the box, but the inside bag when opened and cereal. The smell permeated the flavor of the subsequent Rice Krispie treats I made. The cereal is good through August 2020. I will be throwing out the cereal and treats.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2019

What have you done or not done to Special K? This cereal is not edible anymore. Why did you change the process and leave the hard bits in the cereal? I am furious about this. I have always been a loyal customer of yours but no more! This cereal is like chewing glass. I am middle aged and my teeth are not as strong as they used to be and I will not jeopardize my tooth health with this breakfast cereal. I wish I had a bigger voice to hold you to task on this! I realise now that your company is a huge fail after reading many reviews that are similar to mine. Shame on you, no doubt you did this to cut corners and save money at the expense of your customers. I wish I could give you a negative 5 rating rather than a 1....you don't deserve to even register on a scale!

Susan **

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I bought holiday color rice crispies from Meijer and they smelled strange. I let my daughter eat them, she didn’t complain. She’s at school and I asked her teacher to keep an eye on her. God willing she won’t be affected. I will be returning them asap!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Kellogg's Company Information