1.10/5
Based on 32 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

234 Kellogg's Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 8, 2018

This is absolutely disgusting. I opened a brand new box of Apple Jacks poured a bowl for myself and my husband and took a few bites. I then noticed a bunch of black dots that looked like bugs. I then inspected the cereal really good then saw them crawling inside the cereal. Like actual bugs crawling in the cereal. I am now freaked out that I just ate bugs. I will NEVER purchase this cereal again! I honestly don’t think I will eat cereal again after this. So gross!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I purchased a box of 40 Kellogg's Rice Krispie Treats and Rice Krispie Cereal. I had been seeing what appeared to be black spots on my Rice Krispie cereal and treats and I thought they were resulting from some of the pieces being burnt until I open one of the treats and found what appears to be some kind of a dead bug(gross). After seeing this, I decided to look at some reviews and that's how I came across this site. This just happened today 07/01/2018. I will be contacting Kellogg's regarding this.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 26, 2018

I regularly consume Kellogg's Fruit N Fibre (lets two times a week or sometimes even four times a week). It’s my best breakfast because it contains dry fruits and some pcs of banana and other fruits and also the flakes are very crunchy and good in quality. But now from past 2 months I observed Kellogg's has changed the packing from the box to the packet... I thought it’s just a change in packing but the shocking thing was when I tasted this flakes "they taste bitter and not at all like the previous ones... It’s like a torture for me to finish this packs and I am very disappointed with the quality. I even tried to visit other stores to find the old packing stocks but nowhere it is available. Believe me the quality is totally spoiled. And I request Kellogg's to take some action on this.

Original review: June 19, 2018

My kids and I are addicted to Rice Krispies treats. We ALWAYS buy the big box and dont even make it to the checkout line without opening the box lol. Well today I found "something" black in the middle of the Rice Krispies. I was so upset and disappointed. I felt very uneasy and glad to spot it before I allowed my son to eat it. I hope that my complaint today helps prevent this from happening again to another person or child. I would hate to know that the food is contaminated with something. I hope this gets fixed before another person or family experiences this.

Original review: June 19, 2018

I used to love Froot Loops. I grew up on them. In the last year or so they changed. They no longer taste like fresh fruit flavor. They taste off. The sugar grains they used to sparkle with has been changed to a thin sugar glaze. Even worse the day after I eat them I get stomach pain every time and my stool is a strange green I guess from the dye they use from all the mixed colors. Disgusting how what used to be good is now terrible and even makes you sick. I notice the option for pictures. Take my word for it, green and painful toilet visit the day after eating.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?

Original review: June 8, 2018

Bought 2 boxes of Froot Loops, 2 packs at Cosco. When I ate these we all noticed this really weird taste. The cereal had very little fruit flavor, tasting more like chemical cardboard with a hint of this nasty burnt taste. All three of us that ate this became nauseous, with headaches and extremely painful stomach aches... My husband and are struggling with stomach pain that has for now persisted for days. I have spent even more money on meds than the cereal and I'm still sick. I may go to the hospital if this persists.

I contacted Kellogg's but no reply of course. I went into research to see why we are so ill, if it's home treatable and what chemicals we ate... It has one only found in hazardous waste: "Glyphosate exposure has been linked to gut health problems, endocrine disruption, cancer and much more as GMO Free USA noted along with its list of study links." "Don't worry, though; a government agency says that you'll only be exposed to 2-methylnaphthalene if you live near a hazardous waste site." **. The corn in Froot Loops produces insecticides from inside every cell of the plant that can’t be washed off and is regulated by the EPA. The FDA, EPA, and USDA allowed the insecticidal GMO corn discovered in Froot Loops to be commercialized without ever conducting human safety tests.

Original review: April 30, 2018

Found a piece of glass as I was eating my cereal, got the two for 7 bucks at Walmart. I can't believe this, I was chewing cereal when I felt something hard and sharp in my mouth. I am throwing my two cereal boxes away, now I know how people end up in hospitals due to glass in their bellies. I even scratch the box with this tiny piece of glass just to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Very disturbing.

Original review: March 30, 2018

This has been the 3rd time I have found maggots in my cereal. I first thought it was the store I was buying it from but this time I bought from a different store. Usually they were just on the outside of the bag inside the box. This time however, they were inside. I have to find a new favorite cereal and from reading other reviews, made by a different company.

Original review: March 21, 2018

I recently see a Special K cereal commercial advertising their new "Special K Nourish with Probiotics/Peaches & Berries", so considering both my sons, as well as myself, always enjoyed Special K Strawberries, also Fruit & Yogurt. I had to get a box. Wow was I WRONG!!! Aside from the fact that I paid a ridiculously $4.49 for a TINY 10.5 oz BOX!!! I open the box to find 95% of the contents being the flakes, 4% being a BUTT LOAD of these nasty, HARD AS ROCKS, "probiotic yogurt" chunks, with the remaining 1% being these TEENY TINY (like the size of the box) SPECKS of, what reads on the back of the box, 'cause I had no idea what was what, being how small and minute they are... Peaches, blueberries and raspberries!! Seriously Kellogg's?!!!

I think I can speak for a lot of consumers when I say, with each box sold, you're getting at least $4.49 out of us. But you can not afford to add bigger, better and tastier products??? Although, as I read some of these reviews, my complaint is small (like your products) in comparison to these other reviews, finding BUGS, MOLD, INFESTATIONS... REALLY KELLOGG'S?? Word of mouth is vital, these complaints may not seem important to you now but when enough consumers hear of all your nasty products, you will no longer have nasty products to sell nor make money off of!! Kellogg's... You all need to make all of these and future complaints right, sooner than later!!! You all (Kellogg's CEO/PRESIDENT/PR Dept./ HR dept./FACTORY employees... So on and so on) should be ashamed of yourselves!!! Disgusting!!! Lazy!!!

Original review: March 8, 2018

As I was pouring my 10-year-old son a bowl of Frosted Flakes I looked in and I saw this white looking substance which looked like some kind of broken pill or something. I know it's not a clump of sugar. Never again will I purchase Kellogg's products. How disgusting!!

Original review: March 6, 2018

I opened up a brand new box of brown sugar cinnamon Pop Tarts and when I pulled open a package one of them was half eaten. Looks like mouth sized bites taken out but can't be sure. Very disappointed as I love Kellogg's products.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2018

Purchased a family size box of Kellogg's a few weeks ago instead of the usual Post brand. Yuck! Unfortunately, the K brand tastes like the cardboard box they came in. My wife asked me if I wanted anything at the store. I said, "Yes", since the raisin brand is hardly edible (unless I were a horse). I asked her to get those frosted Mini Wheats I haven't had for a while. Just had a bowl. Definitely different than I remember. Probably the company changed something to make the cost cheaper. Obviously, no group taste testing before launching the "new and improved" product. I'm wondering if Kellogg's products are now being outsourced to some other country?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

When I took a bite and felt the hair in my mouth it was disgusting so I scoop it out. I thought maybe it was mine but impossible. Is black color thats not the color of my hair. My is light brown and it was stick to the waffle. I bought the Eggo 72 count from Costco about 1 months ago. We dont eat frozen food often but I thought of giving a try. We are about half box so I cant return. This box was purchase on 1/5/18.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Opened a recently purchased box of Rice Krispies and have eaten from the box a couple of times. This morning a 1.5 inch chunk of something came out of the box... Just seeing it made me sick. Please explain how and what this is... Expect contact immediately. Very upset.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Upon chewing my breakfast which was Kellogg's Raisin Bran, I bit down on a very hard object; I pushed it out my mouth with my tongue only to find it was a piece of wood!! I immediately checked the Kellogg's cereal box for contact info and sent an email as well as place a called to Consumer Affairs!! Thank God I don't have small children in the house; but those of you who do please take caution and inspect your child's food!!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Recently bought CHEEZ-IT snacks and swallowed something hard and subsequently vomited blood and had to be taken to the ER. I was sent a cheque of less than half my total medical expenses. I am currently in contact with a lawyer about building a class action suit.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

K Protein Cinnamon Brown Sugar Crunch - The name of the product alone is a mouthful, so I was expecting a delicious mouthful when I decided to try it. My advice to Kellogg's is to stick to the original recipe and do not try to add, subtract, multiply or divide!! First of all, it tastes awful and then I felt like I was clumping down on rocks!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Frosted Mini-Wheats from Costco: Both of my daughters were eating this and have ended up with migraines and vomiting shortly after. What made me realize the connection was the disgusting moldy (looked like poop) piece of mini wheat that my 5 year old ate half of before realizing what she ate. 24 hours later she's vomiting green throw up all over in her sleep! So scary and I called Kellogg's to inform them. They are sending a Costco gift card. I guess all they can do is get enough people sick before taking action. Please call them if you are possibly sick from their products. Here is their number listed on the box 1-800-962-1413.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

When I opened a brand new box of Kellogg’s Mini Wheats I was disgusted to find a small bug on one of the cereal pieces. It looked like some sort of worm... very grossed out. Immediately threw the whole box out. GROSS!

Resolution response: Dec. 11, 2017

The company has responded and said they will investigate how this happened. So I will mark this as resolved.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

We bought a new box of Kellogg's Rice Krispies Treats from Costco. Once we get home and open the first package, the rice krispies has some grey stuff attached on it and it looks disgusting. Then we contacted Kellogg's by sending the photos to remind them they should do better quality control since many of consumers are kids, but they just ignored and did not give any reply. Before they can address their product safety issues, I would not recommend anybody buy their food for kids.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

My family has been purchasing Frosted Flakes for years. Recently, have noticed random hard particles in the cereal. We have bought various boxes in Virginia and South Carolina and have experienced the same recent problem. These particles are dangerous to one’s teeth. Be careful!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I made myself a bowl of Raisin Bran yesterday and almost immediately I had severe stomach cramps. I didn't put the two together until I fixed a bowl today. I could only eat two bites. The first bite was normal but the second bite was so bitter and I still have a strange bitter tingling in my mouth. Could it be poison? I'm very concerned and not sure what to do. I feel strange as well.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2017

On buying Kellogg's Bran Flakes on two occasions lately I've found that there is between 3 grams and 1 to 1&1/2 inches of mushy powder at bottom of packet! I wondered if anyone else gets annoyed about this or is it just me! You expect a little crumbs and broken flakes but not powdered mush! They are not the cheapest breakfast cereal.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

We've been eating Kellogg's Corn Flakes for years. Last month we bought a box and noticed that there were very hard particles in the corn flakes that would not soften in the milk and were quite painful when biting down on them. I was afraid I was seriously going to break a tooth. The particles didn't look any different than the rest of the cereal, so you really couldn't avoid them - They were like little rocks embedded in the cereal. Well, we thought that maybe this was just a "one-off", but after opening another box we found the same problem. I think we're done with Kellogg's Corn Flakes.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I'm so disgusted! I have multiple boxes of cereal in my cabinet & keep my cereal bags closed right for freshness. Well today I opened my bag of Blueberry Kellogg's Mini Wheats and found 20+ dead BUGS floating in my milk and mini wheats!!! I took a look in the bag and there's NESTS, BLACK ** NESTS, w/ bugs hibernated inside and jumping insects inside! I have other cereal but all of them have zero bugs.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I have eaten these bars for many years, and normally love them. While out of town at a Houston Walmart, we purchased two 12-count boxes of the Special K Strawberry Protein Meal Bars. The first box was fine. The second box: ate one bar - tasted like chocolate! Later ate another - still tasted like chocolate! Checked the bar - usual red "fruit pieces" in there; nothing looked like chocolate. I know the strawberry bars are flavored with strawberry extract, so I guess these were flavored by chocolate. I despise anything chocolate for breakfast; there was no strawberry flavor at all. Looked at this website, and started feeling nauseous after reading reviews of other products. Definitely not happy!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

This is the most disgusting and the worst experience I ever had in my life. I am 7 months pregnant. Was craving for something sweet and I decided to buy the chocolate pop tarts and as I was eating there goes an alive bug crawling in there. I threw up on the spot. I was on the train on my way home from work. I called Kellogg’s customer service. They kept hanging up on me. It’s just disgusting and I hope I didn't swallow any of the bug other than what I saw. I have the pic and video recorded.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

At first Fiber One Oats and Caramel disappear from the shelves then when they come back it seems they have added little bits of stone to them. It is such a disappointed, but I finally bit into one of these tiny rock-hard "things" with my crowned-tooth and now I am having pain in the area. I once loved these bars, but no longer.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Right now they have a promo where if you buy 2 specially marked boxes of Sugar Frosted Flakes you can get a free $5.00 Gas Coupon. But... their email address fails half the time and the other half you get a message saying the photo of your receipt is unclear, or it is missing the date, or it appears you have attached more than 1 photo, or the price is missing, etc, etc. Clearly, they just want you to buy 2 boxes of their crappy icing sugar coated cereal so they can make more money. Has anyone actually received a $5.00 gas coupon? I think not and have given up trying, like anyone else would after 6 fails!

Original review: July 20, 2017

My child was eating his cereal (Froot Loops) this morning when he came in my room crying saying something was in the cereal. It was almost like a Brown tar like substance that smelt like coffee. I called the company. After about a 10 minute hold Kellogg's told me that it had to do with some kind of fruit something. Waiting on confirmation email. Can't find any related articles. Any information Would-be great.

Kellogg's Company Information