3.75/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Kellogg's

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Kellogg's Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

I purchased a brand new 'Family Size' box of Rice Krispies today to make rice crispy treats. As I opened the box it had a strong odor, I figured it was the cardboard box, no biggie and continued to make the dessert. We ate them and they tasted horrible, like a metallic taste, (I made it in a glass bowl with a wooden spoon). I then checked the marshmallows, they were fine. I opened the box of cereal, pulled out the entire bag, no odor in the box... then I thought the odor is from the plastic bag holding the cereal. It wasn't, the odor was from the actual cereal, the rice crispies. I tasted it by itself, and it is an odd flavor, metallic and just strange and gross. I don't understand why, the 'use by' date is May 2020. I will be returning it to the store tomorrow.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2019

I bought two boxes of Kellogg’s Rice Krispies with Holiday Colors. Upon opening, a strong smell came out. I thought it was the box or maybe the dye for the red and green. After eating one bowl, I became lightheaded and had heart palpitations. I don’t have any medical conditions and I am in good health. I though I was going to need someone to drive me to the hospital. I opened the second box and it smells bad too. I will be contacting the company and hope to have the cereal tested to determine what I ingested. I would give it zero stars but it won’t let me.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

First of all: Pop-Tarts are a wonderful product. We buy them in the supermarket and have no problems. But, twice we have bought them through the Internet from 2 different suppliers and each time they were a broken mess. They are too fragile to be tossed around by the shipper.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

What has happened to Rice Krispies treats? They taste horrible. I've been returning them to the store. Different stores too! I've eaten these regularly for a long time and never had a problem until maybe 6 or 8 weeks ago. Once in awhile I get a good box. They're all dated ok but about 4 out of 5 boxes are bad. I can't even eat an entire bar. I have to spit it out. I don't know what to compare it to. They just taste horrible. I have noticed the bad tasting bars are also soft. I sure hope this get fixed or I'm going to be forced to find an alternative type of treat. Thanks.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Just wanted to share awareness to everyone. I have purchase a box of cereals in a local supermarket here in bahrain and it so happen that there is a worm inside at the top of it there is a bug as well the package is perfectly sealed

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I purchased a box of this cereal at a local Meijer store October 11th in Belleville, MI. I ate my first bowl with milk this morning. I noticed right away a sour taste, almost as if something was old. I assumed it was the milk and threw my breakfast out. Noon came and I needed a light snack so I grabbed the same box of cereal. Right away, I noticed the same exact sour taste by eating only a few pieces of cereal. The expiration date on the box is dated September 11th, 2020 - KN 8 109 20:27. I threw the whole box out. Severely disappointed. :(

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

I’ve been buying frosted mini wheats for half my life. When the Little Bites came out, I was thrilled to see they were packed with tons of frosting on each little bite, and I’ve been buying those regularly since they came out. I just opened a box I bought yesterday and the first one I ate tasted off. I kept eating them, telling myself it’s just me, but no. The more I ate the more I could taste what I can only describe as mildew-y basement. No joke. I can’t eat them, even if I could get that past that awful taste, it’s really concerning that they smell and taste like mildew. They look fine, no discoloration or anything. I’ve never had this happen to any of these cereal before. The use by date is September 2020.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2019

Not much of a cereal eater but I do remember some brands from my younger years and Kellogg's Frosted Flakes were one of my faves. So in saying that I decided to try a box today to see if they had changed anywhat. Well at first glance I could see they weren't the cereal of yesterday. The flakes were relatively smaller, lighter and didn't have that sparkle about them. So in just the glance my taste test was going to be a disappointment...wasn't the same, what more can I say. I would compare it to a box of cereal I can get at the Dollar Store and then it's possible that their off brand may just be better. Now I'm not knocking Kellogg's as they do have some decent cereal out there but all the cost cutting that goes on does affect the cereals outcome. Won't be buying Frosted Flakes again, may just have to stick to Cheerios, can't go wrong there.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

Bought a box of Rice Krispies. When I opened the bag a strong smell of paint came out. I put some in a bowl to check if airing it will get rid of the smell and noticed that some of pieces were a darker colour than the others. After throwing them in the garbage, the smell was stuck onto the bowl. Not impressed!!! Expiry date on the box shows 2020 JL 10.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Recently purchased family size box of Cheez-It crackers for my granddaughter and after having given them several servings from the box I emptied the bag into a bowl... when much to my disgust rodent droppings came out of the inner bag! This is not only disgusting but certainly unacceptable! If this company has sanitary environments what is going on? Where is quality control? This must be looked into.

Kellogg's Company Information