3.68/5

277 Kellogg's Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Recently purchased family size box of Cheez-It crackers for my granddaughter and after having given them several servings from the box I emptied the bag into a bowl... when much to my disgust rodent droppings came out of the inner bag! This is not only disgusting but certainly unacceptable! If this company has sanitary environments what is going on? Where is quality control? This must be looked into.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

I used to work for the Kellogg Company and, like all employees at that time, I was given a tour of the production facility for Corn Flakes. I know how the cereals used to be made and the quality they used to have. I am in fact quite fond of the company and its employees, which is why I am posting this comment. In recent years, I have consistently found very hard particles (nibs) in Corn Flakes and Special K. Nibs are not foreign particles, but actual parts of the grain that used to be crushed by huge rollers during production. These cereals did not have nibs until recent years. The nibs are hard enough to break a tooth and, therefore, unsafe, especially for those with fillings or old teeth.

I suspect the manufacturing process has changed; specifically, the huge rollers that crush the grain before it is processed as cereal appear to be applying less pressure, perhaps to speed up production. Otherwise nibs would never survive the manufacturing process. I stopped eating both cereals for a year or so, and then tried them again and found the same nibs. There are lots of them in any one box of cereal. Which suggests that Kellogg's quality control standards have also been relaxed to allow such cereals to pass inspection/In light of the comments posted on-line, it is hard to believe Kellogg's management is unaware of the problem.

As an experiment, I used a mortar and pestle to crush up a bowl of Special K. Even after ten minutes of intense grinding (I am a 200 lb former college athlete), some of the nibs survived the process. In other words, it takes the strength of a machine to crush the harder nibs. That makes these nibs a safety issue, not merely a quality concern. I recommend that company management address the issue at once. No amount of incremental profit can justify the harm being done to these proud brands.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 16, 2019

I am finally done purchasing Kellogg’s products, I recently bought a box of cereal and just laughed, the boxes are half the width they used to be and when you open the box it’s only half full of cereal with the other half of the bag filled with air. It’s a complete ripoff and OVERPRICED. Your greed is disgusting..Good luck guys. NO MORE. I’m gone!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I found dried maggots bound together in my Rice Krispies Treats after getting one out of my school's vending machine. I took it back to class, opened it, took a bite only to pull the package back and several small shape like worm shells inside my rice krispies. It tasted spoiled. I’m sick to my stomach.

Original review: July 6, 2019

I bought a box of Kellogg's Coco Pops and found inside a big piece of wood stick with both side sharp edges. Extremely choking hazard!!! Kellogg's doesn't even bother to apologize even though I was complained via email and messenger. No more Kellogg's for me.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kellogg's?

Original review: July 1, 2019

Purchased Town House Parmesan Cheese & Basil crackers and after pulling another one out the box noticed it had fibers embedded inside and was dangling. Noticed that my stomach was upset as result of eating the crackers. Photos Below. I will be contacting my attorney.

Original review: June 6, 2019

The hidden inflation tax is alive and well, I just opened this box of crackers and noticed how low the cracker stacks are. This is way more than the space used to be, and besides, the crackers are broken anyway. Not happy...

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have just made myself a bowl of crunchy nut, I'm sat down eating it and get to the last bite and saw something brown I thought, "Oh gosh there is a clove in my cereal", so fished it out. Nope it's a 1" rusty nail!!! I was almost sick, I give this to my kids. Imagine if they had of eaten this!!!! Horrendous!

Original review: April 29, 2019

Was so excited to try the new Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Honey Cereal. Poured some in a baggie to bring to work and as I emptied it I noticed several pieces of wood chips/splinters. SO GLAD I saw it before I swallowed. Have contacted the store from which I purchased and plan to let Kellog's know. No more Kellogg's brand anything for my house!

Original review: April 24, 2019

I bought a box of 16 Rice Krispies Treats today. The first package I opened had something dark brown in it. So gross! I am disgusted. Never again will I buy anything from Kellogg's again! What kind of quality control is there? I guess not much from reading other reviews. I thought it would be a rare thing that happened. Not so. There are a lot of people that have found things in their Kellogg's products.

Kellogg's Company Information