3.8/5 (5751 ratings)

About HelloFresh

HelloFresh states that its goal is to ensure every household has the opportunity to enjoy delicious and healthy food. The company has a variety of meal plans to choose from, and each plan includes ingredients that are locally sourced and delivered at a time convenient for their subscribers. Customers can manage their menus and deliveries through HelloFresh’s mobile app, and its customer care team is available to answer any questions.

Pros

• Flexible pricing
  • Can pause delivery
  • Four plan types
  • Easy cancellation

Cons

• Frequent use can get expensive
  • Limited allergy care

Bottom Line

HelloFresh focuses on delivering fresh, healthy food straight to your door. With a variety of recipes and plan types, there’s something to fit most anyone’s needs and tastes.

HelloFresh Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HelloFresh?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about HelloFresh US?

Original review: May 4, 2022

I expected to be more overwhelmed cooking these restaurant-quality meals, but surprisingly I've been pulling it off really well! The recipe cards give step-by-step directions that are easy to follow. Granted there have been times I misread them and messed up, but thankfully it had little effect on the outcome of the meal. However, it takes me triple the amount of time to make the recipes because I'm severely limited on space, so I'm constantly seeking counter space to mix or set something, not to mention, I don't always have quality tools for the job which would really speed things up!

Of the dozen meals we've tried so far, there have been a couple times I had to toss a produce item because it was no good, but on the bright side, the meals turned out wonderfully anyway and their produce overall is pretty exceptional. I've learned that shallots (something I've never bought or used before) are used frequently and are delightful types of onion and excellent when minced (or chopped & smashed if you don't have a mincer) and added to sauces.

So far we've tried meals with ground beef, ground pork, beef tenderloins, shrimp, scallops and chicken both ground and fileted. Only one tenderloin was a little tough, but every other meat & seafood was top-notch! Next time if a tenderloin feels tough, I'll try meat tenderizer on it beforehand. The sauces I've learned to make have been delectable, and I'm SO GLAD they send ingredients for them so I'm not buying large quantities to eventually toss out. If we really love something, we can always buy larger quantities of it for another time.

I definitely recommend having things commonly used on hand like salt, pepper, sugar, butter, sour cream, a garlic press, and so on. We're super happy to be a part of Hello Fresh, because I've learned a tremendous amount of kitchen skills and haven't had to throw away an inedible meal yet! If you knew me, you'd know that was tragically commonplace in our home prior to joining Hello Fresh! So, naturally we're saving money & eating better too! I literally can't stop telling people about how amazing I am in the kitchen now thanks to Hello Fresh!!!!

Original review: May 1, 2022

They take my money and didn’t send my food and then tell me it will at least a 10 days or more before I get it back. NO!!! That is totally unacceptable. They take my money without any issue but can’t deliver my food!!!!

Original review: April 28, 2022

Horrible company! I just canceled my subscription. I was able to tolerate the occasional missing items, or the occasional spoiled produce, but they crossed the line with bad customer service. Last week I reported to Hello Fresh that my entire $50 box was delivered warm due to the Easter Holiday. My order sat in delivery for 1 full extra day and by the time it was delivered to me, all the contents were spoiled. Hello Fresh’s response to this was to give me a $10 credit on the box I spent $50 on. I challenged that because I felt as if I should just get a replacement box. So, they offered me a $15 credit instead. Insulting!

After placing my next order, I noticed my credit was not applied. Come to find out that they won’t let me use the credit until my 52-week 15% discount ends. I’m a little over 4 months of ordering Hello Fresh every week, so I have 35 deliveries until I can use that credit. I spend $50 a box so that means I would need to spend $1,776 to be able to use my insulting $15 credit for a fully damaged box that was delivered to my home. It is clear that this company is not customer centered and when something goes wrong, they will not make it right.

Original review: April 26, 2022

To say I am aggravated with Hello Fresh is a gross understatement. I had tried a box with them close to a year ago. It was ok, but I felt that it just wasn't a service I would want to continue. Fast forward to this week. I am out of town for a month and staying in an extended stay hotel with a kitchenette. I received one of their emails and thought it might be convenient to start again. However, all I did was open the email and started looking at the menu options they had available. I did not submit nor did I complete an order.

I woke up this morning to find that they had debited $50 from my account. Upon calling, the representative says he is sorry but he will try to see if it could be refunded. Once he did cancel, he informed me that my monthly subscription would then continue starting in May. I had to make it clear that I DID NOT want it to continue and to cancel my subscription. On top of this all, he informed me that my $50 would take 5-10 business days to process. I am just starting a new job and waiting for my first paycheck. This has put me in a terrible bind. Luckily, there was enough in my account to cover it.

Original review: April 18, 2022

I called Hello Fresh to address an issue that I had with my delivery. I put a skip on the week, but for some reason when I called in, the rep advised me that I did not skip the week and that's why my box was delivered. After advising the rep that I was going to cancel, my account was swiftly cancelled in seconds without any empathy or steps to retain me as a customer. This is very disappointing since I have been their customer for over a year and was expecting the rep to at least acknowledge my frustrations and try to resolve it to the customer's satisfaction, however he was quick to have me cancel my subscription and now I have no intentions of ever signing up with this company again. I am also out $80 and have no way of collecting my box as I am out of town.

Original review: April 17, 2022

I did not get my first box. And it took me 2 hours to get refunded. Also, they told me I no longer get the first-time discount which was 51% off, and free shipping because I used the discount already for the first box. I told them it is totally unfair I lost my discount even though it was not my fault just because their system does not accept the discount code. Their system has no flexibility to give customers fair services. What a waste of time. I want them to give me back my time.

Original review: April 17, 2022

Ironically I found the food from Hello Fresh anything but fresh. Rubbery carrots and old potatoes. Changes and cancellations must be made many days ahead, inflexible policies, you will only get a credit if anything goes wrong. I found the app problematic, changes wouldn't save and I couldn't easily find what I needed. I'd rather go the farmer's market and source my own recipes now.

Original review: April 12, 2022

We received a $140 gift certificate. The company only 'discounts' your account for $130 credit. (??) The food is very good - great quality & interesting menus. However --- the website was pretty misleading. We were charged an additional $8.99 per meal (each) for their 'premium' selections... plus $1.99 for each protein selection. We thought we were signing up for only the amount of the gift card. We were charged an additional $160 beyond what we authorized. When we complained - we were brushed off. Is this a scam? We do not recommend this company.

Original review: April 11, 2022

HelloFresh offers new customers "sixteen free boxes" which customers will discover - only after buying their plan - actually means 0 free boxes and a set of slight discounts which only come anywhere near to discounting sixteen SERVINGS (not boxes, not even meals) if you buy about 80 servings from HelloFresh over the course of a month. This is such incredibly deceptive advertising it should be criminal. When one of my """free""" boxes that I paid $60 for arrived, it came without any meat in the box at all for four meat based dishes, meaning there was almost no edible food inside. When I asked their customer service, they refused to send another box or issue a refund, instead offering less than the box value in HelloFresh credit that only applied to non discounted boxes... meaning that they demanded I spend the full month buying their product after ** to give a partial refund. Horrible experience.

Original review: April 11, 2022

Hello Fresh is the most dishonest company I've had the misfortune of doing business with. If you try and cancel they will continue to steal from you. You HAVE to block them from your credit card. The promotions are a total lie and customer service is dishonest and rude. The 16 meals were never free.... NEVER. We were charged a ridiculous amount of money and was lied to as to how the promotion actually works instead of what it said on the mailer. DO NOT GET INVOLVED WITH THIS COMPANY!!!! Fast forward.... I cancel 5 days before the next shipment and Lau (their representative) said there was nothing she could do to stop it. Another lie. I ask for a supervisor and was refused....REFUSED! Seriously, if you see their ad.... RUN!

Original review: April 10, 2022

Terrible menu plans. I went here because I saw good reviews boy was I surprised. So I signed up which meant I had to add a credit card. I did that just to be able to get to look at the meals. Out of every meal I did not see one that excited me or appealed to me. So I then went to cancel my account altogether. To more surprise I saw I had a box scheduled for delivery on Friday the 15th even though I didn't select any meals. Yeah impossible. Even though I "deactivated" my account and payment methods showed no saved credit cards, my card info was still under "plan info".

Customer service could not direct me on how to delete it either. The "agent" had to escalate it so I have no clue when and if my credit card info will be removed on Hello Fresh. I can't believe people pay for their meals. Nothing and I mean nothing even looked tasty in any category. Most categories were just repeats of other categories anyway. I'll never be back unless they get edible food choices and easier personal information deletion capabilities.

Original review: April 10, 2022

I've been using HelloFresh for about 6 months now. I order 2 meals per week and, since I'm single I get anywhere from 2-3 meals from each. I like that there is virtually no waste and the meals are enabling me to eat a healthier diet with more variety that I'm used to. That being said, I've experienced packaging issues with my boxes. Missing ingredients, completely missing meals, poor quality vegetables. The most recent was a box that came yesterday with only one recipe card and it wasn't even for a meal I ordered. Each time I report it using the app and they will credit my account and tell me that they are going to report it. I live in the desert southwest so I'm a bit skeptical of what my boxes are going to be like when the temps here get over 90 degrees. I have some favorite meals. I mostly order fish, chicken and vegetarian meals. I have a new love for couscous. I love that lemons are used regularly in my recipes. Overall, this has been a good thing for me.

Original review: April 6, 2022

Received my first delivery yesterday. The food in the package may be enough to feed a midsize cat but not a human. Two potatoes, two carrots,... Why would anyone order these online?!? Closed account.

Original review: April 5, 2022

In the last 3 weeks of our "deliveries" they have not delivered our boxes whatsoever TWICE. That's 2 out of 3 weeks! And they told me on the first delivery that just never happened, we would be credited on our account for the following week's delivery. Then the following week I checked to be sure that happened -- and it HAD NOT whatsoever. They "assured" me it would be added to our account for the following week's delivery charges AGAIN... and that leads to this current week and our box was NOT DELIVERED again! With no explanation of why -- just as the first time the delivery never showed up... I spent SO long on the phone with hard to understand customer "service" reps yesterday and today again. Just to get my credit card refunded what was due me and to get our account CLOSED! This company cannot be trusted to do what they "claim" they do! RUN from this company. Save yourself a headache and endless frustrations.

Original review: April 3, 2022

I canceled my plan already but without warning I just got a notification saying my next box was delivered. There was no warning that it was being delivered until it got here. The only emails I received were a bunch of spam emails, but nothing warning me that canceling my plan wasn't enough to stop them from charging me again.

Original review: March 26, 2022

While my meals always delivered on the right date, and I liked some of the recipes and the simplicity of having all the ingredients right there, more often than not the veggies were old. A soft, bendable carrot is not nutritious. Neither are spotted potatoes or brown celery. Plus, the majority of the animal proteins in their recipes are ground meat. You can schedule others, but then you end up eating the same sorts of things all the time. And the packaging is a nightmare, so much waste. Yes, they say you can recycle, but only in special circumstances, not in your recycle bin.

Original review: March 25, 2022

I have never written a negative review in my life. This will be my first. Congratulation HelloFresh for popping that cherry. I went on to your website to learn about your program and see what kind of food you offer. My first mistake was assuming that I could actually see what kind of food you offer. Nope. Turns out that consumers cannot even see what HF offers until you pay, in full. (Who knew that buying groceries needed security clearance?) Are you afraid that someone is going to steal your idea to put mashed potatoes alongside a chicken breast? I mean, who would just pay for a service or product when they have no idea what it actually is...? Apparently, I would along with every other customer that you have, but not before clicking on every option known to man to try and find out what I would actually be paying for. But that was not an option, so I paid - Sucker move #1.

OK, on to Sucker move #2. Unbeknownst to me, there is a timer, and a short one at that, that is ticking down where if you don't order fast enough, the "16 free meals and 3 free gifts" goes away and is replaced with a "sorry, this offer will not be applied because it has expired." When you only get a few minutes to attempt to figure out what in the heck you are actually buying, then give up and pay anyway, then pick out the meals... yeah, you run out of time! My bad. But I see now, that this was the plan all along. Offer something that you know nobody will be able to obtain. Keep up the good work HelloFresh.

Sucker Move #3 (third time's a charm, right?). After paying for my mystery products and then ordering the top-secret meals what I wanted, I saw that there was a discount for "Hero's". Well, that's nice...right? Nope. Wrong again. The Hero discount is for Medical Providers. So, my question to the super friendly customer service person (sarcasm) was "so a dentist or chiropractor can get a "Hero" discount, but a fireman or police officer can't?" No offense to dentists or chiropractors intended. My hubby is a fireman, a hero! Well, not according to HelloFresh he isn't. But if you work at a pharmacy, hats off to you, you are a true hero! But you better hurry when signing up, you are on a short timeline to order... whatever it is that they have. Unbelievable.

Original review: March 24, 2022

Hello Fresh customer service is absolutely horrible. They pretend to do what you want via chat, and then do something else. My wife attempted to cancel an order and they added another order instead. Not sure if they have quotas to meet, but they wasted at least an hour and a half with me when I tried to cancel. One of them said I could not speak to a supervisor, and another time I was patched through, so they are a total mess and very inconsistent as to what their mediation process is. If you are looking for something with clarity, without hidden fees, and a easy way to change or make updates then HelloFresh is not the company or subscription you want to be tethered to!

Original review: March 24, 2022

Signed up for a promotion through a link that was sent to me from a friend for 1 free box - 6 meals for 2 people. I couldn’t see what the specific meals for the week were until after signing up and when I did, there were only 2 meals I could eat because I am on a very restricted diet (AIP). Also, the 6 “FREE” meals would end up costing $53 (the 2 I could eat were “upgrades”) with upgrades and shipping. I could only eat 2 of them and can get a lot cheaper and organic groceries for that price. So I cancelled the subscription. And as any reasonable person would assumed that this would also cancel the box delivery. Nope! Box was delivered when I wasn’t home and sat outside in the sun for several hours, because I didn’t know to expect it, completely melting the ice and bringing the temperature of the food to room temp.

So I called to ask why I had gotten a delivery when I had cancelled my subscription and was asked did I cancel the delivery. No, I explained, I assumed cancelling the subscription would cancel all deliveries and nowhere did it indicate or tell me otherwise during the process. [Shady tactics?] The very rude customer service rep, Becky **, then argued with me about this for 10 minutes (total call time was 17), and basically accused me of trying to scam them. [Best defense is a good offense?]. At the end she says the obligatory “Stay on the line for a short 3 questions survey, and have a nice day!” which was quickly followed by the call ending, ie. before the survey. Becky knew how that review was going to go.

I order food from other companies and have never ever been treated so disrespectfully as Becky ** did when things went wrong as they sometimes do. Not sure if it was her own personal issues, or if this is just the company’s way of doing business and scamming people, but either way I will not ever use HelloFresh again and am cancelling the gift subscription I gave my daughter in law as well.

Original review: March 23, 2022

This company is clearly a fake company that doesn't care about its customers, my guess is a cover for some sort of illegal operation. The customer service are some of the stupidest people I've ever spoken to in my life, and they make up basically any coupon guidelines they want. I've seen this coupon many other places before purchasing it, it says you get free meals. And when I talked to customer service they made up some sub guidelines and blamed it on the coupon listing even though I told them I saw the same one promoted on their site. I did some research and looks like anyone else who has ever tried to redeem a coupon has had this issue too, there's all these sub guidelines they don't list anywhere, which is illegal by the way. Only a matter of time before these crooks get arrest, save yourself the headache truly.

Original review: March 17, 2022

We started ordering HelloFresh in 2019 and continued through 2020. Early in 2021, we cancelled our subscription- or so we thought. Now, in March of 2022, we are STILL trying to cancel two subscriptions, and being told over the phone by customer service that there are no charges. I am sitting here LOOKING AT A CHARGE IN MY ACCOUNT from HF, dated March 17. They wanted me to send a SCREENSHOT of my account so that they could see the charge - as if I am going to scan a page of my online account and send it. This is the MOST frustrating company I have ever dealt with and I am getting sick and tired of trying to have them entirely delete me from their system. Plus, the amount of food they are sending has gotten considerably less over the time we used them. They are not a reputable company.

Original review: March 16, 2022

I am locked out from Hello Fresh, but this has nothing to do with the post. I made the "Cheesy Smothered Mushroom Chicken" from the recipe on HF website. It was so delicious and simple I am thrilled to bring to work and share with my coworkers tomorrow. Only thing is, I can feed 5 people spending only 12 bucks. But that will be possible if you want to shop for the ingredients. LOVE THE RECIEPE. PS. Made my own consommé from the whole chicken I got for 5 bucks; I use the breast part for the cutlets in this recipe. Still have the drumsticks and thighs.

Original review: March 15, 2022

I figured As a single father raising a child on his own Hellofresh was an awesome option and I was eager to try it out. My first order would be 50% off because of a promo. 137$ later, and a little more than a week. I received 4 out of 8 meals…??? I called and customer service offers no apologies. They simply offered to credit my account for the meals missing. Exhausted from the lengthy conversation I gave in and agreed only to return to the website to be locked out of my shopping cart. I called again to speak to customer service who explained that they issued credits and that was all they could do. I had been locked out of my shopping cart because my credit account had been charged three more times and had declined due to insufficient funds.

Perplexed I ask why I would be charged three separate charges for four gourmet meals? I hadn’t received anything else? No boxes, no meals just charges racking up for God knows what. The customer service agent hung up. I called back even more determined to get to the bottom of this. The next agent was slightly more helpful and said she could reverse the charges to my credit card as well as clear my issue with the shopping cart but my credits had been used for the previous weeks' delivery… "but I still didn’t receive anything but 4 meals.” I said, "What about my 137$ I paid?" Silence…. "Hello…hello…" She hung up! I called back to speak to a supervisor but could get none. However this customer service agent had quick answers, and assured me all was clear.

I could return to my shopping cart and use my credits, but it was already too late to order for the following week so I would receive a box that just automatically selected for me. That Thursday I got my second box filled with things my daughter wouldn’t touch. Oh well back to the grocery store I go. The following week all should be back on track. Or so I thought??? Notification, "Your Hello Fresh box has been delayed." Huh? "Hello fresh has tried to charge your account 117$" WTH!!! Today I have had to call hellofresh 5 times to try and cancel. Do not use this service! It is a scam!

Original review: March 15, 2022

I recently signed up for meals with delivery was scheduled for a Monday, but it didn’t arrive. Customer Service assured me the box would come Tuesday and not to worry because they were good for 48 hours. On Tuesday FedEx said it would be delivered by end of day Wednesday. Upon further research, it turns out the shipment began in the wee hours of the previous Friday. Even if it had arrived on time, that far exceeds their 48-hour window. They have offered me a free box. Yippee! A free box of spoiled food! In addition, although they claim you can substitute, most of the substitutions incur an additional charge, usually around $20 per meal for 2. Customer Service is not located within the company. I believe they are using false advertising with the 48 hour claim. I would be very suspect of any of the food not knowing how long it has been sitting around unrefrigerated.

Original review: March 9, 2022

Tried for weeks to get a refund. This place is a horrible place to do business. After we canceled they tried to send another box, we refused delivery, they charged us. Took 3 weeks to get them to refund. Buyer beware!! Stay away from this place!!

Original review: March 5, 2022

Purchasing HelloFresh meals is one the best decisions I’ve made in the last year. As a fitness instructor with rather basic cooking skills, these meals and recipes have given me a confidence in the kitchen that I’ve never before experienced. When it comes to the kitchen, I get very anxious. Searching for healthy meals on social media and scrolling through so many ideas is rather overwhelming. Watching short videos on Instagram or TikTok are great, but having to rewatch them several times as I cook is tedious.

HelloFresh Meals are a great way to get started cooking in the kitchen. As I make the meals, I gain confidence in my abilities and look where I can make substitutes to better fit my diet and nutritional needs. I’ve been wanting to take a cooking class for years, but haven’t found what I’m looking for nor really have the time to commit with my busy schedule. HelloFresh delivers you 4 meals a week (per your preference) and provides simple well-written guidance to each meal. There is no wondering how thick your meat is and trying to determine the correct cooking time. I don’t have to worry about grocery shopping. They deliver the exact amount of each ingredient that you need to cook each meal. HelloFresh has done more than just deliver easy convenient meals to my doorstep. It has positively changed my experience in the kitchen. I highly recommend this service to anyone wanting to try new dishes or looking for convenient meals.

Original review: March 2, 2022

While I love the food the packing is so unfriendly. There is the box, pressed Styrofoam and cubes that need to be disassembled in order to put in the garbage... and I'm guilty of I forget my bags for shopping! Ha!

Original review: March 1, 2022

I had signed up to Hello Fresh since it was the only way to see what meals they offered. They automatically signed me up for weekly delivery since I had a coupon code. I canceled the service within an hour of signing up and before the 4 days before delivery cancellation time. They charged my card and sent the delivery anyway.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

I had used Hello Fresh years ago and had a wonderful experience. So being a busy single mom thought I would try it again to help get my kids in the kitchen. Well I was highly disappointed. My first box was two almost 3 days late and some of the veggies were missing. I thought ok not that big of a deal. I had to take one of my only days off and make up all the meals due to the meat going bad. However I understand things happen. I enjoyed the different ideas in meals.

Going forward. My sister passed away very sudden and unexpectedly from covid. I went on and paused my account. I knew I would not be able to keep up with it. Well boxes kept coming. That week I did the online chat the rep was very kind credited my account and I thought that was that. I went on to make sure it was still in that status and all seemed ok but to my surprise boxes kept coming and I kept getting charged more and more. The problem is it is food my family would not eat. I hate to waste food. I love to cook so I have tried to repurpose some but I have had to throw out some due to zero time to cook with funeral planning and whatnot.

Now as far as the quality of what has been sent. Compared to what I experienced two years ago I was very disappointed. Hardly enough food for a family of four. Truly. Many times I have had to add additional potatoes or whatnot because what I was sent was missing some or the size of a large grape. The quality is not what it used to be. Take away the fact that it did not matter that I skipped or paused my account, kept getting a hundred dollars taken out of my account each week was only refunded once, I'm out over $200, have a credit I can not use, the food is highly not worth it.

It has been a horrible experience from start to finish this time. I definitely would not recommend. I'm very disappointed with them. I'm not sure what happened to the company over the past few years but it is not good. If you want to try the home food delivery thing definitely stay away from hello fresh. Hope this helps I just don't want anyone to experience what I have, esp during a time when you should be focusing on family and it should have made your life easier.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

About two years ago, I moved out of my family house and moved into a one-bedroom apartment on my own. I loved it! The freedom, the space, and the ability to choose my own food were awesome as I had always relied on the groceries my family would buy. However, I quickly learned that being in charge of my diet was a challenge. As a student attending night classes and working as an intern at a software company during the day, I struggled finding the time and supplies to properly feed myself.

Welcome HelloFresh!!! HelloFresh is an amazing subscription-based food delivery service that users can use to pick various meals throughout a wide range of selections each week. The meats and produce are packaged very well and are always fresh and delicious. In fact, HelloFresh revamped their packaging to be more environmentally friendly this year. Not only are the meals delicious, but they are all so easy to make. I feel like a real Gordon Ramsey after cooking one of these meals! My favorite meal is the Chicken Sausage Rigatoni. The perfectly cooked garlic, sausage and blush sauce will have your kitchen smelling delectable!

The service is super-customizable as well. If you need to skip a week here and there, no worries! I, personally, use HelloFresh three or four times a week depending on my schedule and have, to this day, cooked 154 meals! My knife skills are seriously getting good! Each week, you are given roughly twenty meals to choose from. The selections can be anything from a Balsamic chicken dish, to a steak frites, to a spaghetti Bolognese, really anything you could want. They also have a “pantry” section in which they have options for breakfast, snacks, smoothies and so much more. All of these products come with an extra charge though. I personally do not use the pantry very often as I like to keep my weekly charge uniform. However, the items I have tried, each of them is more delicious than the last!

Each dish comes with a customized recipe card and pre-measured ingredients that make it super easy to create delicious meals at home in about a half-an-hour! For example, all the sauces and seasonings come pre-measured so there is no real risk of overdoing anything. Each card walks you through every step of the recipe from prep to plating. As a novice cook, this was the perfect way for me and anyone with little-to-no cooking skills to dive headfirst into the culinary world. As for price, this is totally customizable. Depending on how many meals per week you decide to cook, the price of your subscription will change. Each meal roughly breaks down to $7.99 per meal, which is perfect for me! Again, this service is 100% customizable so adjust your plan however you see fit!

The packaging is very well designed and the products come intact and unopened. The product arrives in a small, thick cardboard box that is insulated containing a gallon-sized freeze pack. They even have redesigned their products to be more environmentally safe and fully recyclable, including the freeze pack.. I can trust each week that all produce and meat products will arrive safely, even in bad weather. In fact, I have only had one specific product come tainted. Not an entire box, literally one item. Which leads me to the next plus for this company: customer service.

When I found the faulty packaging in my order I called customer service with minimal wait to be greeted by a lovely human being, not an automated service. She listened to my complaints and not only refunded the price of that box, but credited me for a free meal the next week as well. HelloFresh really is a top-notch service. You will be creating fresh, affordable meals just for one or the whole family in about a half an hour, and learning a new skill on the way!

HelloFresh Company Information