HelloFresh
3.90/5
Based on 4,287 ratings submitted in the last year

HelloFresh

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As a global leader in providing fresh food to consumers' doorsteps, HelloFresh wants to ensure every household has the opportunity to enjoy delicoius and healthy food. They have a variety of meal plans to choose from and each plan includes ingredients that are sourced locally and delivered at a time convenient for their subscribers. Menus and deliveries can be managed through their mobile app and their customer care team is available to answer any questions. Call or visit their site today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

HelloFresh Reviews

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

We have been doing your meals for a while now. We have loved every one of them. I will have to say I will only order a veggie meal, chicken or pork. I have tried your ground beef and it is not good. We eat only Angus beef from the USA. I cannot trust any of your seafood. I would say to you to really be aware of where your meat is coming from and you really need to improve your vegetables. I usually have to replace them because they are never as pictured and are too small are are simply not fresh. That could be improved.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

The recipes are really easy to follow and really delicious! The added convenience of delivery and preportioned ingredients makes it a real stress-saver. I wish the weekly recipes could be filtered to hide meals like ones with seafood (allergy) or ones with additional cost (no offense but it's already pricey at the base level). I like the new flexibility to add additional meals to a box! Also, I like the global eats feature and enjoy the new variety that it brings to the menu.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I have been with Hellofresh for about 3 months. My husband and I are so impressed. We love how easy and convenient the meals are. They are so delicious. The sauces bring each meal to the next level. It's quick, easy and portion control. We will continue to be part of Hellofresh.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I received my second box of HelloFresh and it was missing the main ingredient from the recipe. I contacted HelloFresh immediately and was told they could give me a 14 dollar credit towards an un-discounted box. All of my boxes are discounted so I would not get to use this credit. This is very poor service for a mistake that this company made. There should be some provisions for the errors that they make. At the least, my next box should have been sent free of charge. I cancelled my subscription. I will not order from them nor recommend them to anyone.

HelloFresh response

Hi Angela, we appreciate you writing in and sharing this with us. Please send us an email to hello@hellofresh.com so that we can take a closer look into this and best assist you.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I was a long time customer at HelloFresh. I really enjoy the concept and convenience of meal delivery services. After consistent issues with bad produce I decided enough was enough and took my business to Plated. HelloFresh always offered a discount for bad product but that wasn't putting food on our plates.

HelloFresh response

Hi Heidi, thanks so much for writing in and sharing your experience with us. Please send us an email to hello@hellofresh.com so that we can take a closer look into this and best assist you with the issues you've encountered.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HelloFresh US?

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

My son and I love HelloFresh! We love getting our box every Monday and unpacking it to find delicious recipes. We love that the ingredients are fresh and just enough for the two of us. We’re particularly fond of the burgers and tacos.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

I have been receiving Hello Fresh for quite some time now. I really enjoy it. It allows me to try new foods, whip up a quick meal, find variety in my weekly meal planning. I have referred several friends to Hello Fresh also.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

I love HelloFresh but the last 2 boxes have had small errors, one I got the wrong recipe and last week's order said it had a pepper I should chop up and there was no pepper. Small errors but I have not had that happen before. Just thought I should let you know someone is not paying close enough attention. Never happened before check what has changed in the last 2 weeks.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Of the 6 meals purchased, 2 did not have the lemon or chili pepper. Customer Service would only apply a credit for the one ingredient. For a company which prides themselves in supplying all ingredients, one would hope they would do everything they could to have quality control and excellent customer service. Be aware that when you sign up, you are automatically enrolled in an ongoing service which will charge your credit card.

HelloFresh response

Hi Jean, we appreciate you writing in and letting us know about this. Please send us an email to hello@hellofresh.com so that a member of our customer care team can take a second look into this and best assist you.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

When we first signed up for HelloFresh, I had bought it as a gift for my parents who are in they’re late 80’s. I wanted the box delivered to their house but it was delivered to mine instead. I live 30 minutes from them so I had to drive the box to them. The food was delicious but it was too much prep for my mother. The next box I ordered was for myself. It was delivered to my mother’s house so I had to drive 30 minutes to go get it. I had called HelloFresh both times to let them know the problems I was having. They told me that they were sorry and that they would comp 3 free meals to me which I never received. I was very fed up with the whole thing that I decided not to use HelloFresh anymore.

A month or so passed and I received an email from HelloFresh that said they wanted me back and I would receive 9 meals at a discounted price. I decided to give it one more shot and I’m so glad I did. The meals have been excellent and it’s made my life so much easier because it takes the guesswork out of what’s for dinner. My husband is a picky eater and even he loves the food. We enjoy picking the planned meals out together. I even referred a friend to HelloFresh and she has become a faithful customer as well. Thanks HelloFresh!

Laurel