It's that easy Request Information
4.19/5
Based on 1,723 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As a global leader in providing fresh food to consumers' doorsteps, HelloFresh wants to ensure every household has the opportunity to enjoy delicoius and healthy food. They have a variety of meal plans to choose from and each plan includes ingredients that are sourced locally and delivered at a time convenient for their subscribers. Menus and deliveries can be managed through their mobile app and their customer care team is available to answer any questions. Call or visit their site today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1935 HelloFresh Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

Thus far every meal I have gotten has been delicious and they have arrived consistently in fantastic order. I have already recommended this service to several friends and family. I look forward to my meals each week.

Get expert buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 15, 2018

We've been doing Hello Fresh for almost two years and absolutely could not do without their amazing quality of fresh meals! They are the BEST! I highly recommend to everyone I meet! Give them a try, you won't be disappointed!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have recommended Hello Fresh to everyone. Love not having to do mid-week shopping for meals. Love the variety the menu has brought to our meals. Love how easy it is to search recipes. Would appreciate an easier way to search how you rated recipes as I can't always remember if I liked certain dishes when they reappear on the list of dishes to choose from.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I had a coupon for HelloFresh and was checking out their website and looking at the options. I was putting things in and out of my cart to see the prices on different meals. I did not complete the order. There was not a "complete the order" button as I am accustomed to when ordering online. I could not decide what I wanted and was planning on ordering something when I returned from vacation, so I backed out of the website to come back later and make a decision. Surprise! A box arrived on my doorstep 6 days later with a mountain of food in it!

When I called the customer service dept., they told me I had completed the order because I put my credit card information in. They will not take back the food or reverse the charges. As far as I can tell, the coupon was not even applied. I am stuck with a week's worth of food 2 days before I leave on vacation! Their ordering process is very deceptive. I cannot believe they can order something in my cart without first verifying the order.

Original review: June 15, 2018

All and I mean ALL of the meals I have received from HelloFresh have been easy, delicious, and different from my usual dinners. I enjoy the ease at which my groceries just appear on my front porch and its Dinner!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HelloFresh US?

Original review: June 15, 2018

Meals are good and nutritious but the portions seem to be getting smaller. Otherwise we love the plans. Also there should be more than chicken pork chops and ground beef, used to be steak but now that's an add-on price.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Overall, I have had a very positive experience with HelloFresh. I have some favorite recipes, and I love how easy it is. It has really brought me and my husband back to the kitchen. I would like to see more vegetarian options and more healthy options in the classic plan.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I was widowed in December and didn't want to do anything. But my stepdaughter starting coming by and I ordered HelloFresh so we could cook together... We both now look forward to our cooking night... We both love trying new recipes and the choices and quality of the food are excellent. It would be nice if they came up with single serve meals as well... There are so many singles around and most would join if there was a way.

Original review: June 14, 2018

HelloFresh has been good to me for a few months now. Initially there were some delivery issues to be sorted out which were not their fault, but they went beyond my expectations and sorted everything out for me. It's rare to find companies that cares customers as much as HelloFresh. Thumbs up! Also I tried a few months of recipes. They were packaged well. For example, garlics were pre-cut so I don't have to. Seasonings were packaged in easy-to-cut packagings, and each meal is packaged in its own paper bag. This is a big improvement over my previous times with another company. Many meals which may look simple were actually pretty delicious when you cook with the recipe. I couldn't imagine how much I liked the burgers until I tried them, and I go out to restaurants every work day. No doubt I will continue to eat HelloFresh. Keep up the good work!

Original review: June 14, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised!!! Not only do I save money but I don’t need to go food shopping more than one every 2 weeks. It’s like going out for a gourmet dinner that I crest in my own home for half the price.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I'm only giving HelloFresh one star because their food is good. I recently forgot to cancel a week after the deadline so I contacted them through their live chat. I explained to them that I was going on vacation and didn't need the box. They told me they couldn't cancel it because of their "logistics process." I asked if they could make an exception being that the food would sit and rot on my steps. I'd be gone for a week and would never be able to use it after my return. The representative still refused and repeated the same line about their process.

I don't understand how a company created for busy people who work full-time could not create a system where there was flexibility when it comes to cancelling orders. I was a loyal customer who purchased quite a few boxes already. I forget one time and they punish me by sending me a box I can't use with food I didn't even get to pick out? I plan on telling all my friends and family about this terrible experience. I wish I could give 0 stars.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Both my husband and I work plus we have a 10 month old daughter. We were eating out way too much. HelloFresh is easy for us to use, save us money, and helps us eat healthy. It has been a lifesaver for my family.

Original review: June 14, 2018

So far, we have been mostly happy with our Hello Fresh experience. There have been a few hiccups such as sending pork sausage instead of beef in a taco recipe, or slightly tired veggies, but for the most part we are satisfied. I would appreciate it if the people who deliver would ring our doorbell just to alert us that the food is here. We are coming into the very hot part of our year here in the Phoenix area and I am usually home when they deliver so an alert would be great.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Every meal we have received and prepared from HelloFresh have been delicious! We love how they mix ingredients in a way that we would have never even thought of. I have never enjoyed cooking as much as I do now!

Original review: June 14, 2018

HelloFresh has made my life so much easier. I hated going to the store to buy the food and still having to come up with different recipes my husband and I like. I love to cook I just hate the shopping. We love the recipes and the convenience. Now if y’all could only come and do the dishes. ;)

Original review: June 14, 2018

We have really enjoyed our deliveries. The only time we opt out if a week is when they have too many pasta or bread meals (we don’t eat much of those). If we have an issue (meat packs broke open) we call and they credit our account. The food has been delicious and I like the days of delivery we can choose from.

Original review: June 14, 2018

All the meals I have tried are delicious! The portion sizes are perfect. Nothing gets wasted! The flavor in the meals are just so tasty! I am very pleased with this service and I will most definitely be ordering again. (:

Original review: June 14, 2018

Easy Fresh is easy, and I am usually satisfied. During the first few months of delivery, I was usually missing an ingredient in every order, but that worked itself out. The meals themselves are pretty good. They tend to repeat often, so I hope they work on that. The meals are usually winners. When they are bad - they really are bad. No in between. My biggest issue lately is the delivery service they have contacted with. One week the delivery never showed up. This past week’s order was past the deluge window.

Original review: June 14, 2018

The Food was very good. It was easy to make with good recipe instructions. The ingredients arrived when it was supposed to. There is plenty of food per serving! You won’t go hungry. For me, it’s a little pricey but for someone who struggles to find things that are easy to prepare and don’t mind spending a little extra to have healthy, quick meals delivered, HelloFresh is worth it.

Original review: June 14, 2018

Overall it makes cooking and planning for the week much easier. I have ordered 49 boxes in the last year, I’ve only ever had to call twice about product issues and the company was great accepting feedback over these 2 issues. I would highly recommend to anyone who has a job that requires late nights, it helps avoid takeout and bad foods.

Original review: June 14, 2018

I’ve tried many meal plans before and HelloFresh is by far the best in my opinion. The recipes are fun, simple and easy to prepare. The serving sizes are proportional. The produce is always fresh. The value alone is worth it in my opinion. You’re getting a full meal for under $25. You can’t do that at the grocery store.

Original review: June 13, 2018

My husband and I were getting really tired of chicken nuggets and pizza for dinner so we decided to give Hello Fresh a try. We initially planned to get a box or two and then try some other services but we have been so happy with the quality of hello fresh that we have just stayed with them. The meals options are vast and varied and they are very good about clearly marking what meals contain what allergens.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I really enjoy the flavor variety of the meals. I have experienced most of the meals to be within the time frame they say it takes to cook, however have experienced a couple to take longer than expected. All the meals have been great, and I think most are well- balanced nutritionally. My only hangup is that I have gotten produce that doesn’t seem super fresh in my last two boxes, which may be related to getting them shipped on Monday? Not sure about that. I generally look forward to getting my box and picking out my recipes and think it’s a really good value for the food I get, and especially for the convenience of making a homemade meal for a working family!

Original review: June 13, 2018

HelloFresh meals provide a nice quality, great variety of fresh meats, herbs and spices for so many delicious meals that I may not have tried on my own that are very easy to prepare. I would recommend as the quality of the meats has been excellent all the ingredients are included so I am not running out to get anything and the taste of everything has been wonderful and plenty for two.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I have been getting HelloFresh delivered for more than a year and have been so pleased with this service. I have even been on and lost 30 pounds with Weight Watchers. It has given me a way to eat healthier and I spend less money, waste less food and I couldn't be happier.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We have been doing this now for almost 2 1/2 months, we love it. While it may sound costly to some, it's not. Think how much you spend at a fast (not so good) food place for two people, easily 15 dollars plus. This fresh and filling food. I love how almost everything comes with the meals. Yes even the breads, rolls, and or buns. The only thing we have supplied is oil, salt, pepper and sugar.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I've enjoyed HelloFresh a lot! I'm not a great cook and even have anxiety trying when trying, especially the shopping part - so I've always resorted to not eating healthy. HelloFresh has allowed me to cook great meals without stress and try new foods, but mainly, cook the foods I like with a better understanding of preparation, ingredient amount, and timing.

I'm still not a fast cook, and I resort to reading the instructions constantly to make sure I'm doing everything right, but I'm getting more comfortable and confident around the kitchen. My goal is to skip a couple weeks here and there so I can go to the store and recreate some of the great meals I've had (on my own), but will continue to use HelloFresh to try new things and continue my growth in the kitchen!

The recipes are simple and broken down in easy to do sections; as a visual learner, the pictures of each step and of the ingredients have been a huge help. I currently am doing the 2 person option, which includes 3 meals - however it's just me. So I'll cook for 3 nights and then each the secondary meal for dinner on another 3 nights. It'd be nice to have a "single person" option that's a bit cheaper, or that includes more than 3 selections for the week. But overall, I'm very pleased with my experience with HelloFresh!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Great order besides the one missing item. Fresh and tasty as always. I love how the meals are quick and easy to use. I always look forward to seeing what meals are next. I wish there was more international selections.

Original review: June 13, 2018

We really enjoy HelloFresh and it certainly lives up to its billing. Meals are fresh, creative and overall easy to prepare. I do wish there was more choice in side dishes. I generally don’t order anything that comes with a salad. The salad is just not to our liking but is quite fresh.

Original review: June 13, 2018

HelloFresh provides great choices and variety when getting meals. The recipes are easy to follow with pictures in case you don’t understand something. The one bad thing is who they hired to deliver. Laser ship is the worst delivery company. If you are trying to be a company that delivers great food, you have to have both great food and delivery services. I switched to a different day so that Laser Ship does not deliver my package. If it wasn’t for Their delivery company they would be the best. From what I hear all food services are using these small cheap delivery services. Sounds to me like it might be their downfall.

HelloFresh US expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A Berlin-based company with U.S. headquarters in New York City, HelloFresh delivers fresh ingredients and recipes to the customers each week for them to prepare at home. The company even partners with famed chef Jamie Oliver for exclusive recipes.

• Various options: HelloFresh offers options for vegetarians, as well as larger boxes for families.

• Subscription service: HelloFresh sells a "subscription" that automatically renews each week unless you opt out.

• Wide delivery range: The company delivers anywhere in the continental U.S.

• Small suppliers: Food is purchased from smaller suppliers for the freshest ingredients.

• Choose your meals: You can choose which meals you receive each week to suit your own individual tastes and needs.

• Best for: Busy individuals, busy families and people looking to expand their cooking knowledge.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs