4.15/5
Based on 1,281 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As a global leader in providing fresh food to consumers' doorsteps, HelloFresh wants to ensure every household has the opportunity to enjoy delicoius and healthy food. They have a variety of meal plans to choose from and each plan includes ingredients that are sourced locally and delivered at a time convenient for their subscribers. Menus and deliveries can be managed through their mobile app and their customer care team is available to answer any questions. Call or visit their site today!

A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Last updated: April 24, 2018

1485 HelloFresh Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 21, 2018

I am extremely happy with Hello Fresh. I love when I come home and my Hello Fresh box is waiting for me. The recipes are easy to follow and very little preparation. The only problem I have seen is the produce does not always come in excellent condition. I have received two or three items so far that don't look very fresh on arrival.

Get expert buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We have been pleasantly surprised by how much we actually like this service and the food. We tried it because we got a free box. It seemed a bit expensive. But we kept using it because we actually cook meals consistently now, and with variety - we thought we had but not really as it turns out. We also go grocery shopping less and now have recipes we would cook again. It's not perfect- sometimes there is a little hiccup or the vegetable options feel a bit repetitive but there are worse things. At least we are eating veggies more now! Generally, pretty pleased.

Original review: April 20, 2018

What's for dinner?? Well, it arrived in a box with fresh ingredients and easy-to-follow cooking instructions. Who knew I was a chef! I'm cooking/preparing meals I would never have attempted before. Cherry drizzled pork chops - yum! Gourmet burgers - so good. I don't have to plan meals or grocery shop. It is as simple as selecting from a restaurant menu which meals to have shipped. There is a wide assortment of offerings: chicken, beef, pork, seafood in combinations that are amazing! Try it - you will like it!

Original review: April 20, 2018

The policy regarding when orders should be placed needs better clarity. (particularly when clients are canceling plan) It’s not exactly like the food is bad. The quality of food was pretty good, the time it takes to prepare it could have been shorter.

Original review: April 20, 2018

My daughter and I never made our own selection, we loved everything that was sent. My daughter is not a big gravy/sauce person. Well she liked all of yours. The best is my daughter cooked several meals.!! We will continue trusting you to pick our meals.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HelloFresh US?

Original review: April 20, 2018

The hamburger and chicken dish were very very good. Haven't had an opportunity to try it yet! Haven't cooked much in my life and have a wonderful husband who has cooked for us for 30 years. So this and been a great education!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I've tried 3 other meal kits, Hello Fresh is at the top! Portions are enough for 2. Hello, sends enough fresh veggies and spices to complete the meals! Sometimes I've have been sent not so good carrots, however I've received credit from Hello Fresh!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I love cooking daily. Every once in a while we order Hello Fresh and it is a nice break from the grocery store. Hello Fresh gives me new ideas for things and teaches you that it doesn’t always have to be complicated. As an experienced cook, I approve!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Great time saver for a busy couple. Love the idea of variety each week to learn new recipes. However, it’s expensive for the food we’re getting in the veggie plan. Fewer carbs, more veggies, and more protein would be better for us and feel like more value. Also, a 4th veggie option would give more choice and ensure we’re interested each week (or let us mix veggie and meat options).

Original review: April 19, 2018

My Wife and I have enjoyed HelloFresh for almost a year. On rare occasion we have gotten an ingredient that was not fresh, Or in the case of some fruits, not ripe enough. On the whole we are pleased with Hello Fresh, and we have enjoyed cooking lunch together.

Original review: April 19, 2018

When I opened the bag to make Hot Honey chicken I discovered the honey had not been included. This was embarrassing because I was making the dish with a friend (in an attempt to interest her in starting Hello Fresh). Hello Fresh addressed the problem immediately (after I emailed them) and gave me $10 off of my next box. I have received that bill and note that the discount has been applied. I continue to LOVE my Hello Fresh!

Original review: April 19, 2018

We have really enjoyed Hello Fresh. We get it bi-weekly, so it helps our hectic work lives balance out our home life. It's nice to not worry about dinner and know that it's going to be healthy and delicious. Our daughter just turned a year old this week, and she has been eating right along with us since we began our orders in January. She's never been very picky, but there has certainly not been anything in our boxes that she hasn't also enjoyed. It gives her a well-rounded pallet while also giving her healthy dinners and lunches the next day.

My husband and I enjoy the variety of choices, especially that you have Korean inspired dishes that we love. It gives us the opportunity to feel like we're spending big money to go out and get authentic food when we're really not! And your burgers have been out of this world. There hasn't been one we haven't loved. We've even tried some dishes that we weren't completely sold on, just because we've had the chance. Some were great, and others we more than likely won't get again. But that's OK! The experience was enough for us. We will definitely be continuing our service with Hello Fresh for the foreseeable future. Thanks!

Original review: April 19, 2018

The recipes are great, and there is a good variety to choose from. The meals are accompanied by simple to follow instructions, high quality ingredients, and the prices are very reasonable - all around an awesome service! Highly recommend Hello Fresh!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I love the convenience of Hello Fresh however often times the vegetables arrive not all that fresh especially green beans and Bok Choy. I love that everything needed for each meal is packed together and the recipes are very tasty.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I love HELLOFRESH and look forward to my box every 3 weeks. It is so quick and easy to prepare! Hello Fresh works for my crazy schedule, it allows me to have fresh ingredients at my disposal. I do not have much time to shop during the week, but I look forward to a fresh homemade meal. Hello Fresh makes this possible. Love it, ingredients are always fresh and food is always cold when it arrives in the box! I recommend Hello Fresh to everyone I know!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have learned so much about preparing and plating meals since starting with Hello Fresh about 3 months ago. I love the menu guides that explain each step and highlight the ingredients used etc. Now it is coming easier and I am enjoying the cooking as well as the delicious meals I am preparing. I highly recommend Hello Fresh because they are very serious about organic products and recycling. The meat, fish and chicken, pork and seafood is very tender and good quality. Bon Appetit!

Original review: April 19, 2018

I have really enjoyed the Hello Fresh experience! The food is delicious and I love the new techniques, flavors, and recipes that I am learning to cook. Gone are the days of going through a convenient yet unhealthy drive-thru or the dreaded, “what do you want for dinner? I don’t know, what do YOU want for dinner?”. The pre-portioned, fresh, yummy meals are there waiting for me to cook when I get home from work. Not to mention the money I’m saving from not going out!

Original review: April 19, 2018

We have enjoyed the various meals we purchased several times now. Many use ingredients that we don't usually have on hand, so preparing some meals requires specific purchases at the store to recreate the meal. In general the meals have been very good. Of course we have some favorites. Most meals that include rice or potatoes lack in quantity. Overall we enjoy the program. Would like to SKIP meals for a longer period of time.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I did not really like this dish. When I opened the brown bag, the kale was rotting. I get 4 meals a week and this was the last meal in that week. I won't order that one again. However, the other dishes were really good. The barbecue meatloaves with sweet potatoes fried were amazing. I will totally order that again.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I had a missed delivery problem. It was fixed, but it took 2 tries i.e. 2 missed deliveries, before the problem was fixed. Food was good, but was used too many pans and took more steps than I usually use. For example you brown, then bake. I would brown and finish off in same pan on top of stove.

Original review: April 19, 2018

Been getting Hello Fresh since the first of February. Love cooking them and love the different flavors. Every meal is a great experience in preparation and flavor. Always look forward to the boxes arrival. The taste combinations has me eating things I never thought I'd like.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I was very impressed with the choices of meals. More so the step by step instructions and ALL ingredients that anyone can do. Meat was tender and had great flavor. I had an issue with one meal which was satisfied with one call. Overall I would recommend this to anyone. I would keep in mind if you are a one person household choose your meals that can be saved.

Original review: April 18, 2018

My delivery never arrived Monday, got told it should be there by 8pm. I thought, "Ok we'll just eat late." It never came. Tuesday also told it would arrive by 8, wrong again. Wednesday still no delivery. The resolution, moving the payment I made for undelivered food to next week's order! Really! And they wrote it like they were giving me some kind of credit. I paid for everything I received and got royally screwed in terms of meal provision this week. I am just sorry that I recommended this to others before I found out what they are really like.

Original review: April 18, 2018

While visiting my nephew and his wife for a month they had Hello Fresh meals. I saw first hand how easy the meals were to make and incredibly good. I loved the fresh herbs. The smell is so good while your cooking. Best part is you have the recipe to make again if you want. I feel like I’ve been out to dinner when I sit down to one of these meals. I highly recommend this company. Ingredients come packaged in a cute little grocery bag. The meat is top quality. It’s packaged in dry ice to maintain freshness. The delivery people are very nice.

Original review: April 18, 2018

We enjoy our weekly order that includes fresh herbs and vegetables. The recipe selection is great and innovative. The burger and steak meals have been outstanding and have been our favorite selections. We have enjoyed this dining experience as the meals are tasty and healthy and taste fresh.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Truly, our experience was perfect. My only big issue is that I like to have leftovers and with my teenage son here, that’s not going to happen. And I can’t buy up and pay for 4 servings—can’t afford that. But we loved it and have recommended Hello Fresh to others.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Three days a week I know the answer to the question, what's for dinner. We've discovered new foods, cooking techniques and meals that have become favorites. The ingredients arrive fresh, the meals are fast, easy and delicious. If anything is wrong with a delivery, they make it right quickly. I highly recommend Hello Fresh.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I have been satisfied with the meals, ease, and quality overall of both the food and the cooking directions. I am enjoying HelloFresh. However, two weeks in a row the box was delivered a day late. The second time, tracking marked it as having been delivered when it hadn't been. I did communicate with the company both times and eventually received the second box, but I was disappointed as I had needed the meals the previous day. I changed my next delivery schedule to earlier in the week and will try once again, hoping it will be on time third time around. Besides that, the bag of shrimp was leaking the second delivery (4/12/18) and so I had to make that recipe that night out of fear it would go bad. The experience has been good but not as good as I had hoped to continue regularly if these are the problems I will encounter each week.

Original review: April 18, 2018

All the meals are delicious and easy to cook. I have expanded my recipe book every week with healthy and fast dinners that Hello Fresh has sent. I did the veggie plan and have learned so many new recipes and exposed me to new flavors. Every box has come on time and without any missing or spoiled ingredients. I have loved this service.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Overall I am very pleased, however, I skip weeks when there are potatoes, rice and rolls. There are no other options so weeks get skipped quite frequently. I am not a fan of pork either. I do like the sweet potato and it would be nice to offer that substitution for white potatoes.

HelloFresh US expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A Berlin-based company with U.S. headquarters in New York City, HelloFresh delivers fresh ingredients and recipes to the customers each week for them to prepare at home. The company even partners with famed chef Jamie Oliver for exclusive recipes.

• Various options: HelloFresh offers options for vegetarians, as well as larger boxes for families.

• Subscription service: HelloFresh sells a "subscription" that automatically renews each week unless you opt out.

• Wide delivery range: The company delivers anywhere in the continental U.S.

• Small suppliers: Food is purchased from smaller suppliers for the freshest ingredients.

• Choose your meals: You can choose which meals you receive each week to suit your own individual tastes and needs.

• Best for: Busy individuals, busy families and people looking to expand their cooking knowledge.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs