HelloFresh

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

As a single mom, working two jobs HelloFresh is a life saver!! Fresh, affordable, easy to make meals delivered right to my door!! My teenager can even make the meals on his own! It makes me feel good to be able to provide a high quality delicious meal for my family. AND you can't buy it at the store for Hello Fresh prices; go ahead, try to!

HelloFresh has been a game changer for us! My husband and I aren't great at cooking and HelloFresh makes it easy with the step-by-step instructions! Also, we are BUSY so we're eating out a lot, HelloFresh has helped us eat so much healthier. I don't know how to shop for all these 'secret' ingredients so having it all come in a box is perfect for us. Oh and by the way in our busy lives HelloFresh has helped us spend more time as a couple/family making dinner together. :)

I have to say that so far it's been great, however the box I received yesterday was missing ingredients. I'm not sure how to make the meal without the ingredients. It was very disappointing to say the least because I expect to get what I pay for.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

When I signed up for HelloFresh it showed me what was going to be in "my box", which it then had something different when I went to view what would be coming tomorrow. I reached out to customer service, as I cannot eat half of the food that is included in the scheduled shipment. Customer service was unwilling to assist me in my issue, resolving an order mix-up. I am unable to consume dairy or eggs, which will make this next week's delivery at least 1/2 un-consumable. I asked to speak to a manager, at no avail.

These guys let me cancel my account one week and then proceeded to charge me for yet another order the next week. When I called them out on it, they claimed that there was nothing they could do. I would steer clear of these guys. There are plenty of other great companies like Blue Apron who actually care about keeping their customer's business. I will never use Hello Fresh again.

Absolutely disgusted with HelloFresh! I opted to skip my delivery for this coming Saturday. I made this selection through the app. The cut off was Monday. I made my decision well ahead of the cutoff. Today I see a full charge on my account for the box that I skipped. I call customer service and asked about this. I was told there is nothing they can do! A box of items I do not want will be delivered Saturday and I will not be reimbursed. I asked to speak with a manager. I was put on hold for 15+ minutes and then hung up on! I was previously pleased with the quality of items and excited to receive boxes beyond the skipped week. Unfortunately, their customer service is terrible. I have cancelled my subscription. Buyers beware.

Although I generally found the recipes delicious and easy to prepare, I was consistently receiving missing or spoiled produce so recipes couldn't be prepared as designed. I finally became frustrated having to call every time my produce was spoiled, literally rotten, only to receive a $10 credit. I asked the last time when the boxes were actually packed. I was told at least 3 days prior to shipping. I asked if it could be an issue with a produce provider. I was told no. I changed my day to Monday just to make sure the produce was fresher. It wasn't. Arugula does not survive for a week in a bag. I did not ever receive arugula that was edible, not once. I'm thinking you should probably change your name to hello, I'm not really very fresh.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HelloFresh US?

I live on my own and hate to grocery shop so this type of service is perfect for me. I've been receiving HelloFresh for several months and at first I was very pleased with the quality and the recipes were interesting. Unfortunately, over the past 2-3 months, the quality of the ingredients has declined significantly - primarily the produce. Greens are often rotted and mushy when received, green beans packaged in plastic bags are moldy and rotted. I've also received moldy bell peppers, tiny, limp, shriveled carrots and bruised zucchinis. Customer service has been very cooperative in providing refunds. However, that doesn't help me when it's time to cook the meal. I've complained directly to the company and told them that I'll give them another couple of weeks but if it doesn't improve, I'll be looking to their competitors. I can see from other reviewers' comments that I'm not the only one who has experienced this decline in quality. It's really a shame.

We have really enjoyed most (all) of the recipes we have received. For the most part the directions are clear and concise - which I appreciate. Many are quick as well - although I would argue not as quick as stated in the cards (especially prep time). I think more concentration on the logistics - shipping, app, quality of the vegetables, no meat leaking - is still required. This is the frustrating part for us. We plan on the meals (or not) and are left scrambling. I find it a great convenient service but have thought many times of quitting due to continued logistic issues. That said - we stick with it due to the great meals to choose from and the convenience. We do recommend it to many people, but please work on logistics!

I like the way HelloFresh comes already sorted into bags, and the ease of putting the dinner together - it is not as time consuming as other similar companies. However the tastes have not been as interesting, and the product list doesn't provide enough information so that I might duplicate the recipe another time.

I've been very happy with the quality and variety of the food we have received from HelloFresh. I had one delivery problem and while the email request to customer service was delayed, the staff responded immediately when I called.

I've been a customer with Hello Fresh for almost one year. I don't think I've ever had a recipe I downright dislike. Obviously, I've preferred some over others. The very first box I received is the only time I had a delivery issue. I've had instances where ingredients are missing or are unusable but I feel like that's to be expected sometimes considering the type of service this is. I feel like Hello Fresh has made me more adventurous in the kitchen even on the weeks I don't order a box. Hello Fresh has opened my eyes to new recipes I never would've considered tackling before.

This is a great concept. I love the recipes. Haven't had a bad meal ever. When I have had an issue, it was taken care of immediately. Customer service is incredible! I have recommended this service to a lot of my friends and coworkers. Keep up the great work!!!

I only had HelloFresh delivered twice. The third time, I didn't receive it and when I called in to find out where it was, the customer service person couldn't track it. It was supposed to be delivered on a certain date, received an email that it would be the following day. That day, it was nowhere to be found. The first two meals had green beans in them and they were slimy and moldy. Other veggies were wilted. Other than that, meals were quite good.

I really enjoy the unique combinations of flavors, the convenience of not having to think of what to fix for dinner and the time I save by not having to shop! Last year my cholesterol, LDL and HDL were better than ever, and the only thing I've changed is that I now get HelloFresh!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

We have been doing HelloFresh now for about 5 months. We love it. The recipes are easy and delicious. The food is so fresh and we are not throwing out excess stuff that we bought that went bad. We get so excited waiting for our HelloFresh box to come on Mondays. You guys are awesome. Thank you.

I love that when HelloFresh arrives on my doorstep it has the products needed to prepare my meals. Most of the time they are fresh but once in a while they are not. Are more times than not. I don't have to try and decide what to fix for dinner with HelloFresh because I have already chosen what is for dinner. All I have to do is cook it.

I have tried 3 different services and HelloFresh is definitely the best. The meals are easy, things we eat all the time. It's so nice to not think about what to make for dinner, have all the ingredients, eating healthier and correct portion size (which is plenty!). LOVE this decision. However, still hate kale. :-)

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

In general it is very good in packaging along with food and recipe prep. My husband is not at all liking your steaks and maybe substitute flank and flat once or twice. I am very tired of all the finishes at the end. Way too much and confusing. Some recipes are not very simple and it takes two to get them finished. Overall good product.

I'm unsure of my order number. I rarely receive shipping info from this company. I go back and forth on liking and not liking the service. The produce is usually on its last leg when I receive it and I do not like that. Wilted or overly ripe. I would like some options that were vegan also. I think when the ingredients are fresh it is usually pretty good... I am adventurous cook so I can handle the dishes. My friends cannot. I wish I could get 1/2 price or something instead of only sending boxes to other people. As I say most of my family/friends would not like... I usually purchase 1 - 2 times per month.

I am terrible at meal planning and never know what groceries to buy. HelloFresh solves both of those problems for me! Aside from the produce sometimes being on the small side, everything is always fresh and delicious. It's perfect for 2 people who can't commit to being home more than a few nights a week.

I decided to try HelloFresh because a company sent me a coupon for a free order. We were in a dinner rut and felt like we weren't eating enough vegetables. I also felt like we were wasting a lot of food. I would be very ambitious on grocery shopping day but would never actually cook a lot of the food. HelloFresh sends us fresh, healthy food in just the right amount.

We have three adults in our house and order the 2 person meals for 3 nights per week. The meals provide plenty of food, and we never have leftovers that get thrown away. The instructions are easy for my retired husband to follow and the variety of menu options offers something to please everyone each week. The food arrives in a very well packed box that keeps the food very cold no matter how late in the day we finally arrive home to open the box. The packaging can be recycled and much of the food is organic so we feel good about that.

Our total grocery expenditures have gone down since we started because I don't buy food that gets wasted. We feel like we are eating more healthy and the food is delicious! The plan has allowed us to be more adventurous and try some food (like Farro and Udon) that we have not cooked at home in the past. Burger choices are a family favorite as are some of the vegetarian options. I wish we could get the delivery on Monday instead of Tuesday but that is my only complaint. We also love that we can skip any week if we are on vacation or just not eating at home that week because of meetings and activities. I highly recommend trying HelloFresh!

I enjoy every single meal from HelloFresh. It is 3 days a month. I do not have to do anything but follow a recipe knowing all the fresh ingredients are available and that the dish will be delicious without a doubt.

Using HelloFresh has been great for my husband and me. It keeps portions appropriate and has been a good tool for us to learn healthy cooking skills! The only thing "wrong" that happened was one week we got the wrong recipe card for the meal I had chosen, but thanks to the app it was no problem to follow the recipe from there. The food is fresh and stays usable if I'm not able to cook it just that day.

My husband and I have been ordering meals from HelloFresh since April and we've found it to be easy, interesting, cost neutral. We're eating healthier meals with quality ingredients and we aren't wasting any food. We have tried four other meal delivery services and while we found the others comparable, we like HelloFresh. During Hurricane Harvey our box did not arrive and they credited it to our account.

HelloFresh has been a "life-saver" for me. I really don't like to grocery shop, meal plan, or cook and HelloFresh takes care of all three for me. I have been pleased with both the quality of food and the variety of choice in the meals. Customer service is also great and respond to any inquiries promptly. I also love the option of being able to skip a week if I'm not in love with the choices offered - appreciate that flexibility. It's really a perfect plan for me.

We stopped ordering because the dishes required a lot of prep (it would help if food would come pre-cut/pre-measured). We had a couple standout meals that wowed us, however most were plain, did not have much flavor, and/or did not provide enough for a meal.

HelloFresh is exactly what I needed: Three nights a week I know exactly what I am going to cook, I know I have all the ingredients in my house, and I know my husband and I are going to love the taste.

It took more time than I had expected to prepare the meal and more time than I wanted it to take. It was something that I had never prepared before so it took longer to fix and It was something that I had not heard of before nor have we ever eaten. I like trying new foods but this was not one of them that I / we would want to eat again. I did not like the flavor / taste of the meals. The meals that I had to choose from were not typically foods that I and my family eat. I would like to have the opportunity to choose my ingredients for the meal that my family and I would like to eat such as say ingredients for spaghetti or enchiladas, tacos, fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and coleslaw. Yes I know, I can just drive down to the local KFC and order that but who wants to take time to do that. That way I would know exactly what I am getting, how long it will take to prepare and that it is something that myself and my family would enjoy eating.

We have received approximately 7 boxes. Every single box has included at least one item of rotten produce and, occasionally, multiple rotten items. Sometimes the rotten item was a major component of the meal. The meals taste good and the portion sizes work for our family. However, the produce is frustrating problem and might result in cancelling our service.

We have been enjoying the meals, but last week we had the turkey burgers. While they were good we did not receive the cranberry sauce that you were to put on the burger. This was a little disappointing come dinner time.

We have been a HelloFresh customer for over a year and LOVE it. We have had one or two issues which HelloFresh responded to quickly and satisfactorily. It is cost efficient, easy and fun to prepare the meals, not to mention they are delicious!! I highly recommend to anyone thinking about trying the service.

HelloFresh Company Profile