HelloFresh

I did a trial offer and missed the deadline by a couple of hours to cancel another delivery. They took the payment straight away and refused to do anything about it. I told them I wasn't going to be there to accept the delivery for a whole week and the food would go to waste outside where the courier would leave it. They told me to share it with a neighbour but we don't have any. Very unhelpful customer services, they claimed not to be able to do anything about the delivery even though it was a week before. I would not recommend using this company.

Recently HelloFresh sent me a coupon that clearly said "$40 off your next two boxes." So I ordered two boxes. The first was discounted, the second was charged full price. I immediately contacted them about the problem and they said it was a marketing issue and they were so sorry, but there was nothing they could do. This is terrible customer service and a scammy way to make a buck. They lost me as a customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Recently, HelloFresh modified their packaging and as a result they are delivering meat/fish that is over 40 degrees when received and therefore unsafe for consumption. Over a month ago, I was told they would be modifying packaging to correct this problem but today was informed that no changes are expected at this time. I have cancelled my deliveries. Very unfortunate! Their meals were good! Unfortunately, the last two deliveries had to go directly into the garbage... What a waste! I am concerned that others may unknowingly be consuming meat/fish that is unsafe.

First sample box was opened and we found blood splattered throughout the carton. When we called they said they would send a new box. Three weeks later it arrived with rotten produce in the box. When we called that time to complain they said, "Well that qualifies you for a $10.00 coupon." Three days later we found out that they billed us $60.00 for our next box. We talked to a supervisor who said they could not cancel our payment. So far they have sent us six meals of which only two were usable. Those meals were good, but nothing special and required ingredients not contained in the box. As we await our $60.00 box to arrive, we can only imagine what kind of garbage we will find. We would never ever recommend HelloFresh to anyone!

I am a retired chef. This service is a pretty bad ripoff. I got the 3 meal plan for $89. One meal plan was turkey burgers with salad and sweet potato fries. I got 2 pounds of ground turkey, 4 buns, 2 sweet potatoes and a bag of mesclun mix. Basically paid $15 a pound for ground turkey that is $2.50 in the store.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HelloFresh?

HelloFresh delivers soggy wet proteins and rotten produce and then they refuse to refund your money. Customer care does not respond in a timely manner. HelloFresh is a poorly run organization that steals your money and delivers nothing. I would not recommend using this service to anyone.

Be aware of the billing department!!! If you waiting for a refund please follow that process personally. It took me two calls to customer service to get my money back. Well as of today I still don't get my money back so maybe I will have to call them in a few more days. I signed up 5/29/2017 and after see the mediocre menu they offered I CANCELED the subscription and I was charged. After 5 days of waiting my refund I called HF and they told me that the representative FORGOT TO REFUND ME THE MONEY. Today's date is 6/3/17 so lets see when they have the energy to click their mouse button to refund me a charge that by the way I didn't received anything by mail!!!

I cancelled my orders with HelloFresh until further notice as was not happy with problems accessing my account. I then noticed a payment taken from my account and a box scheduled without my doing. When requesting a refund my emails were ignored. Please if dealing with this company keep an eye on your bank transactions so you are not paying for boxes you didn't order. I had to speak to my bank to block any future payments as I don't want the company taking upon themselves to schedule me anymore boxes.

The food and recipes are decent, but take much longer to prepare than the listed times and I decided to cancel my orders. I canceled 3 times and kept receiving orders and being charged. I finally called my card company and told them HelloFresh was no longer allowed to charge anything to my card. ***I would like to add a receipt to be a verified buyer, but the only thing I've ever received was a shipment notification from UPS.***

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Company activates close accounts to charge customers for products. When you call to complain their customer service denies any wrongdoing and claims they cannot cancel delivery so they credit you on have what you pay. Food sucks. Someone Need to file a lawsuit on this company for bad practices.

I have now had to deal with their customer service on two occasions. On both occasions, customer service representatives were very condescending and unhelpful. They cancelled my mother's account because I sent a freebie to her. Even though I don't live with her, they assumed we lived in the same household. She missed out on her free box because of their error and they refused to fix it. I am not someone who ever deals with customer service or asks for refunds. I've now had to do this twice with HelloFresh and am extremely unimpressed with their service.

We love HelloFresh after about 5 months. We have not tried to cancel our service because we think it is perfect for our situation, but we have successfully "paused" it for weeks when we had travel. My partner is a trained chef who is very particular. We also have an 18-year-old picky eater. HelloFresh satisfies my need for convenience, our chef's need for quality and our son's need for deliciousness.

For those complaining about price, it certainly beats restaurants and the inconvenience and waste that inevitably happen with weekday grocery store meals. I can see that the price point may be too high for some, but for those of us who eat out a lot, it's a great alternative! There are occasional minor omissions- a barbecue sauce was missing once, but we had some on hand. One time our box arrived damaged (probably the shipper's fault). HelloFresh replaced it next day for free. We actually save a lot of time and money and eat more healthfully with HelloFresh.

I tried Hello Fresh because a coworker gave me a coupon for 3 free meals. I orders this service for a total of 3 weeks, and I think the food got progressively worse. The ground hamburger always had chunks of bone in it. The "premium" steak was basically a piece of shoe leather. The vegetables always looked like something you might get out of the discounted bin at your local grocer. They sent asparagus once that literally looked like hay you would feed to a horse. This service is overpriced and of terrible quality. The meals were simple enough to make, but not exactly edible. The subscription was easy to cancel. That might be the only positive thing about Hello Fresh.

I signed up with a promo code to receive my first box free. I was very excited and signed up immediately. A week later I got charged for a premium meal that I apparently selected which costs extra. I remember the premium meal already being in my box. I had no idea about this, it was never explained to me. I contacted customer service and they did nothing and were rude to me. I googled HelloFresh and am now seeing that a lot of people have had major issues with this company. I recommend not going through the hassle.

I tried HelloFresh for a couple months. There was nothing wrong with the food. But nor was it anything special. I could purchase same food from my local grocer cheaper. I canceled my account. One month later I received another delivery and my account had been charged. I called customer service and talked to Mark and his supervisor Maria. I was told that my account had been paused. I am confident I canceled my account. There are many similar complaints on this site as well as on Yelp. Either HelloFresh ignores cancellations or they make process so confusing that many others make the same mistakes. Do your research before using this service.

I got this as a freebie. I should have told the UPS guy to take it back. I saw it coming (trouble and nastiness). The box was soiled with nastiness on the bottom. Opening it I could smell nastiness. The chicken in box had slit. It's juice was all over piece of chicken fat on the box. The other meats were stick on outside (I put in triple bag in freezer and intend to throw out in trash). Not fresh. Not. It was my first box... my free box. Run away from this company. Run and keep running. To think if it was regular that box would have cost me $59.00. A few positives... the customer service offered to help me deactivate my account... were very sympathetic at least in writing. They offered to give me a chance at another free box but no way after reading here...

I subscribed to HelloFresh and received shipments 2x. It was packaged well and each meal is packaged separately. It was also pretty easy to cancel. For me there is just too much prep and use of so many bowls, pots, pans for one meal is ridiculous. My son and I can use the 60$ to go out.

HelloFresh is a great company. Yes, they have some flaws but the same flaws that any other company has. So I had to put in credit card information for a free box, because HF is a auto renewing weekly subscription service. It states this information before check out and also in the terms and conditions. I was not charged for the first box either. Which I was completely fine with. You don't have to continue with weekly, you can also do a biweekly or monthly subscription. All of this information is in the terms and conditions. My box usually arrives about 5:30 pm. The delivery window is until 8 pm though. So far I love it. It makes my life easier.

Dishonest practice. Door to door sales rep promised nothing would be taken out of account without agreement. He just needed account details for first free box. Following boxes arrived for $70/week. Luckily recorded name and ID of rep, and handwritten note. Didn't explain it was a recurring subscription.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

HelloFresh? Yes! Horrible Customer Service and Unpredictable Products. OK. I will try to not be too long winded. Long story short, my experience with HelloFresh was not so fresh! My entry box came on time but a lot of the produce was wilted or on its way out. So, I dealt with it and didn’t think to complain because I was giving it a trial run, but I did take note. I had to substitute the eggs that came with the delivery with my own because they were out of date by 2 weeks. I also had to use a serrano pepper because the jalapeno pepper had wilted so much I couldn’t use it. The next box was to be delivered this week, Wed May 3rd and I know this because I signed up for it! I also have not gone to the grocery store in a few weeks because I’ve planned for this “too good to be true” food service.

Wed came and went and no HF box. I called the next morning, Thursday, and I spoke with an agent who told me that the shipping was delayed due to California weather… Did everyone decided to go to the beach at once!? Regardless, my shipment had been waylaid and arrived in Phoenix at 7:10pm Thursday May4th. The package was hot, melted and there was no way I would be eating anything from that box. Customer service Sup was sort of helpful but in the end only wanted me to stay in the program and keep the $60-dollar charge on my card. He was only willing to grant me credit to next week’s mystery box. To which I say N.O.! Also, this turd would not refund the charge for the hot mess box and I’ve been left to go through my credit card company. So, we shall see.

The other thing that really struck me was the amount of waste this and I’m sure other grocery delivery companies create. Not only could they not give a God Damn about the waste of food, but I don’t think there has been much thought about the environmental waste that occurs every week with every household order. End Thought: Great idea if timeline could be perfected, food could be fresher and customer service agents give just 1 **!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had a coupon for $50 off HelloFresh and thought I'd give them a try. The first box arrived, and upon opening the box and insulated box we found three neat boxes on top, cardboard, and frozen ice pack with the meats on the bottom. The steak package had leaked and there was blood and water in the bottom of the bag. No big deal, I washed the meat packages and all went to the fridge.

Meal one we had that night. There were 5-6 little potatoes we were to cut up. One had a sizable black spot which I cut out, the scallions were pretty old and one leaf was badly wilted. Not a good start. The recipe called to butterfly the chicken breast and pound to 1/2" thickness. Well it's hard to pound something thats already 1/4" thick to 1/2". All told the meal was tasty but surely not fresh.

The second meal has the same issue with old vegetables, and the sirloin that had leaked was 'aging'. Again tasty but I could do a better job with the ingredients. The third meal was Poblano peppers and Jalapeño. Both of these were wrinkled and soft. And once again the meal was tasty, but the ingredients were less appealing for a company with the name of Hello FRESH. I've canceled my account. Blue Apron has nothing to worry about from this hack group.

HelloFresh is the answer to my dilemma of "what to cook tonight"! I am so pleased with the service! I have only been with them a short while, but so far am so pleased with the recipes, the variety, and the way the meals are separated. Last week I had "Pesto" and pine nuts in a recipe which I seldom would make because the items are expensive and I would have thrown most of it out! I love that I only need to shop for the basics now and I no longer throw out food! I was wasting so much food before HelloFresh. I am actually saving money! My only complaints are: I am not sure of the sourcing of the food and the packaging. The packaging protects the food very well, but must be recycled. I can't wait to see what my box includes this week!

When my fiance and I started ordering HelloFresh we thought it was delicious and easy for us to make after a long night of baseball with our kids. However, it gets pricey so we decided to pause our account and just do it as we could afford it. This afternoon my fiance gets an email saying we should have a box coming on the 3rd. I asked him why he ordered it this week and he said he didn't. We called HelloFresh customer service and they said You could only "pause delivery" for a couple of weeks and then they start automatic deliveries.

This isn't something that is mentioned when you have the option of pausing your account. We asked them to cancel the delivery and just refund our money and they said they could not do that and we would have to take the box and just deactivate our account if we didn't like it. So we did. How this company plans on staying in business if this is how they treat their customers is beyond me. If people don't like getting money taken from them without knowing I'd say order the 50% off first box offer and then cancel. Don't just pause the account because they will charge you and when you call they won't give you back your money.

Buyer Beware!!! Don't do it... It's not worth the money! HelloFresh first of all, does not provide the details of where the food is coming from. I know I cancelled my account, but somehow they are charging me again and telling me on a Saturday morning that it's too late to refund my money, although no product has been received. This company is sneaky and deceptive!!

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I was sure I canceled my account a month ago but I received a box today and when I called customer service they told me "No, you just paused your account but never canceled it." So, of course no credit. Some background, I ordered a promo box the end of February and was not at all impressed so I canceled the service. No problem at that juncture. Then I got a please come back email so I decided to give them a second shot and ordered a box the end of March. That one was worse than the first so I am pretty sure I canceled. They say I just paused the account, I thought I canceled. They offered me a future credit for two meals off the next order if I decide to come back. Really, why would I order again? I'm not looking for self abuse so I won't but I will dispute the charge on my credit card. I may not win but they will have to work for it.

After reading other reviews what more can I say! Not only is this unethical business practice, they also do not hold up to claims of organic and being earth friendly. With all of the complaints, I am surprised no one has looked into their business. What they are doing can't be right. They should clearly state that there is a timeframe for deactivation. How can this company stay in business?

Cancelled after the free trial. Never received any emails from them until they sent out the second box of which they charged our account an additional $70. When I called about a refund, I was told they will not issue a full refund but would send me a complimentary box worth $70 instead...they stole from my bank account after I cancelled and I will be seeking out others who have had this problem.

My girlfriend received a free promo code from a friend and we decided to use it, but to do the free promo she had to put in her credit card info. The issue is she ended up after the free promo box was shipped her credit card got hit for 60 bucks and she never signed up for anything. She called their customer service line, and the rep was extremely rude! Said it was her fault because she did not read the fine print and that they were still going to send out the next package even after she asked to not receive it. Then proceeded to tell her they will not refund her money. This is bait and switch and their customer service is awful along with their food being sub par. Good luck keeping long term customers with terrible customer service.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ordered one box to be delivered by Saturday. Was very excited to try this service. The time they said you must be home to receive the box was between 8am to 8pm. It was a 98 degree F day and I was scared the food would spoil left at my doorstep. So I waited. Nothing ever came. Chatted with the rep in Monday. They said they will refund my payment. I don't think anything even left the warehouse. Her response was too quick and unapologetic. How disappointing. I hope my refund comes. This is so dumb. Why have a company if you do not send out the products? How would you stay in business? Do not order. Waste of time.

A box that I did not order was delivered to my home. I called the company to cancel and request a refund. Apparently, this company does not believe in refunds for ANY reason, even if they send you rotten food! Lucky for me the credit card number turned out to be bogus. And, although the shipping address was incorrect, the box was still delivered. Anyway, there was nothing right about this transaction and I believe it's a scam created by the company themselves.

HelloFresh Company Profile