HelloFresh

Compare Meal Delivery Services

Research top Meal Delivery Services recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

My wife and I made the decision to use another food service and the primary problem was my fault. I thought I had cancelled the HF service but I had put it on pause for 8 weeks. To set the scene on a normal weekly basis you would get a reminder on a Wednesday before payment deduction on a Thursday, which afforded you the time to choose menus or cancel it for that week.

Well today I had a payment notice today (Thursday) for 48. I phoned to say I thought I had cancelled, but was told I had paused the auto order and it had re-activated and a deduction had taken place sorry! I asked why I had not received a reminder, I was told that there are no reminders, to which I said there had always been reminders example "Reminder: Check Your Menu by Wednesday." I was then told I was aggravated and they put the phone down! I called back and spoke to another agent who understood the issue, but again he said the box was on its way, but cancelled the subscription.

I looked back at my emails and phoned again and questioned if it was on pause when was it resumed? And if before Thursday why didn't it send an reminder email? I was then offered a 10 credit for my next subscription!! When never! So the morale of the story is the front end of sales and delivery is good but once you're on auto pay, to get out is painful and they do not have mature back end processes so individuals like us suffer and they are not willing to compromise!

Had an emergency and wouldn't be home for delivery. Five day window, called early on day four. Couldn't cancel. Offered a free box later, but the point is I don't want food rotting on my door. Simply tell the delivery person not to deliver it. They were unable to help. For a $70 box, stopping the delivery is a phone call. My other concern is that after about 3 weeks, it all starts to look like the same meal, just rearranged a little differently. Lots of kale, quinoa and lime. For long term, not for my family.

The shipping arrived in 2 days, even though I selected the slowest delivery option and it was estimated for 9 days. What a surprise! Very excited. Agents were very thorough and efficiently walked me through your the process. I was very pleased with the results and have lower payments now. It wasn't the cheapest service, but I was very pleased with the results. I received my item in very fast time and was able to complete my project much faster than I had originally anticipated. Service was very reliable, especially when it came to shipping. I received my order in a very short amount of time and everything else worked like they promised. Very reliable service.

Would not one of my items sitting out in the heat for too long, so I would rather go get the ingredients myself. I did not have any issues with the items or the shipping for the delivery. I just prefer to pick items out myself. Pick a recipe we can aluminate ingredients if you don't like them depending on what you're buying, so that process was fine. We had no issues with this part of the service. I like that I saved a trip to the store. All of my ingredients were in one handy place. Experience was not bad just prefer to shop on my own. Really cannot speak to continued to reliability and I can only and only speak to my one experience only. No issues with this experience whatsoever.

They offer great shipping options which I really like. It's helpful, quick, fresh and really good and fun. They get it out to you right away which makes life easier and I would recommend anyone to try it. They offer great customization which I love to, can make it your own and I think that's what really helps make to fun and personal. It's a good value considering how much food is and how it just keeps going up and up. That this is really fresh not like what you can get at Walmart or some place like that and that makes me really happy. They get it out fast so everything comes to you fresh and great and that's what makes this so great and why it really works for people who want to make a fresh delish meal for themselves or their family.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HelloFresh?

I found that the shipping options were sufficient to meet my needs. I was able to choose an option that worked for me and have been satisfied. I think that the customization options are quite nice. I was able to choose a variety of foods that worked for our whole family and was able to get something for everyone. I think that it is a high value service. The price you pay to get fresh food delivered right to my home is well worth it. I feel like the prices are reasonable considering the quality of the food that is sent. They are quite reliable. I have yet to have any issues with deliveries coming late. My order is always correct and everything that I order gets to me.

They deliver anywhere in the continental US. You don't have to be home to accept the delivery. The best part is, shipping is free! Everything is packed in special boxes with ice packs to keep it cool. Unlike some other services, with HelloFresh you can customize the service by choosing your own meals. They have meatless meals, which may be a huge plus for some (not me lol). Three meals for two people is almost $70. While that isn't too expensive, my family of three had to upgrade to the box for four people, which is $129 a week. A little pricey to do on a regular basis. I had no problems with delivery or items missing. Everything arrived as it should and I was very happy with the speed and quality. I think this service is very reliable.

The shipping options are great and consistent. Order fulfillment is accurate and product arrived fresh as advertised. Love the way of the company. Very pleased. Customization option is as advertised. Loved the product delivery. The variation that is offered is great compared to other companies that I have tried in the past. Found my new option. The value offered by this company is honestly second to none. I have tried other companies but this company is offering some of the best options in the industry. The reliability with this company is hard to match compared to other companies offering the same options. They make sure that the accuracy of the order matches what is actually ordered.

Would love it on a day-to-day basis. If I could not do it I would've been very upset. And on that note it's still a good idea to do all of the time. I don't know if you have to look through the process of getting a new. One of the most important thing is that the company has been a while. It would be super excited for the company to contact me if any questions or comments if they have been working. It wasn't as realistic as I thought it would be. Interested in the morning to bring me back to the moonlight the same time as well as the one that has been a little bit more than happy with my family.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

A Berlin-based company with U.S. headquarters in New York City, HelloFresh delivers fresh ingredients and recipes to the customers each week for them to prepare at home. The company even partners with famed chef Jamie Oliver for exclusive recipes.

• Various options: HelloFresh offers options for vegetarians, as well as larger boxes for families.
  • Subscription service: HelloFresh sells a "subscription" that automatically renews each week unless you opt out.
  • Wide delivery range: The company delivers anywhere in the continental U.S.
  • Small suppliers: Food is purchased from smaller suppliers for the freshest ingredients.
  • Choose your meals: You can choose which meals you receive each week to suit your own individual tastes and needs.
  • Best for Busy individuals, busy families and people looking to expand their cooking knowledge.

Compare Meal Delivery Service