It's that easy Request Information
4.02/5
Based on 2,729 ratings submitted in the last year

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As a global leader in providing fresh food to consumers' doorsteps, HelloFresh wants to ensure every household has the opportunity to enjoy delicoius and healthy food. They have a variety of meal plans to choose from and each plan includes ingredients that are sourced locally and delivered at a time convenient for their subscribers. Menus and deliveries can be managed through their mobile app and their customer care team is available to answer any questions. Call or visit their site today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2957 HelloFresh Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I was pleased with my experience at HelloFresh. The food was good, easy to prepare. Anything you needed was added into your mailed package. The meals were good. I did not find anything I did not like and I am a very picky eater, I must admit!

Get expert buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

My friend used to cook this for her husband and I was curious to see how the veggie plan worked out (being a vegetarian). Yesterday was my third delivery and it confirms what I've been thinking all along: this is amazing. Every single recipe I've cooked has been DELICIOUS, easy to cook, and did I say delicious??? Every time I'm surprised when I take the first bite. I'm not a chef. But the food always turns out to be amazing, full of flavors and well balanced. Even some recipes that I wasn't to fond of when I'd check it, always ends up being flavorful. And it makes me actually feel really good to spend time cooking and to know exactly what's in my plate.

I'm a single girl, working as a server. Still got time to cook HelloFresh. And since I order three meals a week - I always get leftovers. BTW, if you're trying to go veggie give their veggie plan a shot!!! You won't regret it. Butternut squash agnolotti with kale and a brown butter/sage sauce, zucchinis and parmesan risotto, pickled jalapenos and sweet potatoes fajitas, veggie burrito bowls, chickpeas powdered couscous, mushrooms raviolis with roasted zucchinis and cherry tomatoes... The recipes blow my mind every time since one might think that vegetarian diets are bland. HelloFresh will prove you wrong!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

I placed an order, which didn’t come by 8 pm. I was told that I should wait until 11:59 pm and then inform them that my box didn’t arrive. Well this was terrible advice because I found out that the shipper closes at 8 (and is no longer delivering). The next day, I reached out stating that my box hadn’t arrived. I was told that a new box was shipped and would be arriving. I was also told that I would receive a $10 credit for the inconvenience. I was upset because I get my boxes shipped on Sunday because someone is at home to receive them, that is not the case on Mondays and I live in a city, so packages can be taken easily if nobody is home to get them.

Luckily, my neighbor was able to get the package for me. Unfortunately, when I got home and got the package, it was clear that it was not a new package that was shipped as all of the contents were warm. At this point, I was angry that customer service at HelloFresh lied about waiting for the delivery, lied that there was a new box sent, and lied about crediting me $10. When I called back, the gentleman that handled the call was very pleasant and credited me the $10 that was originally said was going to be credited, as well as the meals that were no longer usable. I was also extremely frustrated that I had to pay the delivery fee and he credited me for that as well which was appreciated. While the problem was remedied in the end, it is unfortunate that I had to go through three people to get it fixed. It is also unfortunate that I was lied to which makes me question the integrity. I’m hoping that this week’s experience will be better.

HelloFresh response

Hi Christina, thank you for reaching out and letting us know about this. We're happy our team was able to assist you with this. If you have any issues in the future, please reach out to us at communityteam@hellofresh.com so that we can help you out.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Overall I have been thrilled with the variety and quality of the meal options every week. Almost everything I've had has been fantastic. I think the time estimates on a couple of the meals have been slightly off especially when it involves preheating the oven, making rice or couscous etc. It would be helpful if the recipes were written in a way that the time starts when you turn on the oven or begin the cooking of the rice.

I recently had a Turkish dish with chickpeas that was disturbing from the standpoint that the chickpeas were exploding when cooked per the instructions and the recipe. Either a little warning or instructions to cover the pan would have been helpful and that case. I've had a few orders delivered missing ingredients and have reported those and had them dealt with appropriately. So I appreciate HelloFresh being responsive and thoughtful when there are accidents.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I tried out Hello Fresh and was happy with the first box. When I received the second box, all of the produce was unusable. I contacted customer service to let them know about half of the box being unusable and was offered half off my next box. I explained that I had canceled my plan and would rather a refund or to resend the bad produce. I was still offered a credit for my next box, even after explaining multiple times that I no longer had an account with them. Now I equate Hello Fresh to terrible food service and customer service.

HelloFresh response

Hi Kamira, we appreciate you reaching out and sharing this with us. Please send us an email to communityteam@hellofresh.com so that we can look into this for you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HelloFresh US?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I usually get the chance to choose the meals that are sent. For the last two weeks, I have not received an email giving me the choices for the week. I usually receive the emails on Thursday or Friday and am instructed to choose by Saturday. Did you discontinue having the customer choose? Must I just accept whatever is chosen for me?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

We have used Blue Apron in the past. HelloFresh has better recipes, more variety, better packaging & good serving sizes. 4 star rating rather than 5 is because some deliveries have had ingredients we’ve had to toss, carrots, peppers, lemons, etc... Not so fresh. Overall, we love HelloFresh.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I have been cooking for my husband for 23 years and I tend to get in a rut like most people. Spaghetti, pizza, and tacos once a week. You know the routine. This totally breaks up the monotony. We love it!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I am retired and have to travel 100 miles round trip to buy groceries. Four meals a week and the diverse & delicious recipes make it easy on the budget. The quality of the proteins included in the weekly box are impressive.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Not yet received one that was zest-able...and mostly they are not worth juicing. I have to buy my own to have on hand to replace EVERY ONE!!! If a lime can't last 4 or 4 days in a paper bag, then obviously just a paper bag is not acceptable. Other brand dinner kits limes have been fine!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

Overall our experience has been great! However this week, Dec 12th, our veggies (zucchini and 2 sweet potatoes) have been very tiny. In previous weeks we have received well over enough food, sometimes even leaving some left over!we have shared our free weeks with many friends and family! They all seem to enjoy what they have gotten too!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I love using HelloFresh. My only two complaints are dishes that have cheeses in them like the pizza, pasta or quesadillas. NEEDS MORE CHEESES. One pack is not enough and Mexican food need to be more spicy. I tried 2 Mexican dishes and to me they are too bland (** peoples take on Mexican food) no offense - one of my meat packs had bits of bone in it and hurt my teeth. It was the ground pork taco. I avoid the Mexican food now. Everything else is amazing.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I love the flavors of the recipes but the cucumbers have arrived frozen and unusable every time. Tonight’s meal had green beans that were not usable. Luckily I had a vegetable that I could substitute but if someone didn’t have a stocked kitchen, they would be disappointed! I actually chatted online with someone from customer service a couple weeks ago about this same issue. I recommended HelloFresh to several friends, but lately I hesitate to do so because of the quality of the vegetables.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We love HelloFresh! They offer a variety of recipes to choose from each week and there are always new options accompanied by tried and true favorites. The food quality has always been great and the recipe cards are so easy to follow.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Recently, there have been one issues with my deliveries. Produce has been a real problem -- tomatoes that are half rotten, carrots that literally could be bent in half without breaking they were so stale. Also, there have been missing items -- one meal was supposed to have a lemon, but instead of a lemon, I got two of something else in the meal. In general, the quality has been slipping a bit over time.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I enjoy trying new recipes provided and cooking with fresh herbs. It's easy when they have everything you need in the bag. My one suggestion is to let me pick my side veggies from a list. Sometimes I have to not make a selection because my hubby hates brussels sprouts!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The last box we ordered was incredible. Each meal (even the one we were skeptical of) was delicious, easy to follow, and fresh/healthy. We found that we were excited about one meal in particular and it met and exceeded expectations, but what was surprising was how much the next two meals even topped that one! We have ordered from HelloFresh many times and have always been happy but lately we feel like the quality and the options has only gotten that much better. We are in love and recommend it to everyone we know. In fact, my roommates sister tried it this week and RAVED about her experience thus far. Thank you HelloFresh!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I would not order and I will be canceling. The first box was short on one serving of meat. It was an inconvenience but I let it slide. The second box was sent with 3 meals for 2 people. I paid for 3 meals for 4 people. I decided to cancel and send them a chat letting them know what happened. They offered me a credit for my next box. I explained I was canceling and asked if they could credit back my debit card on file. They said no. I asked if they could credit half the amount since that is what I received. They could not do that either. I am stuck paying full price for half the food that was supposed to be delivered. Not only am I out the money but now I still need to go to the store and get items to cook for the other 2 people not included in what I paid for.

HelloFresh response

Hi Peggy, thank you for writing in and bringing this to our attention. Please send us an email to communityteam@hellofresh.com so that we can check into this for you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

This is our first month of Hello Fresh and so far we love it and absolutely appreciate the time we get back by not having to grocery shop! We would however, like to see more of a variation in the menu selections. There appears to be a lot of the same things each month and that is our only disappointment thus far. We are not seafood lovers so more options would be nice! Cheers!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We are two seniors who raised 4 children. Meals at our house used to be major undertakings! Once we emptied the nest, we discovered that we did not know how to reduce the scale of our meals. Enter HelloFresh!! What a treat to discover new ways to prepare some old favorites, like burgers or spaghetti. What an adventure to explore new foods, like z'atar with halloumi or bulgogi. Wow! We also have fun preparing the meals together, keeping our minds as sharp as the knives. HelloFresh also keeps track of how we liked the meals and what we select each week, so the menu feels personalized. Of course, I must mention health (at my age), and our HelloFresh meals are balanced and nutritious, removing major pressures from my weekly planning and shopping. We're glad we adopted HelloFresh into our family. Now the grandkids are enjoying HelloFresh, too!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

We absolutely look forward to our box coming, we have yet to be disappointed. Every meal is so flavorful, easy to make, and delicious! It has opened us up to things we'd never make on our own and have come to love. I can't say enough about the freshness of the veggies. Just all around wonderful and we are not giving it up!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Tasty and perfect sized portions. Recommended to a few friends. Easy for our young adult son's to prepare. I think the menu needs to expand a little and there need to be better contact information when trying to gain support, a real live person would be great.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

The meals that we have had so far (vegetarian) have been excellent. I am impressed of how easy they are to prepare. We are very pleased with Hello Fresh. The meals arrive as scheduled. The Hello Fresh site is user-friendly. I would recommend Hello Fresh, who, like me, did not cook because I didn’t really know how.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

Customer service was no help when my order went missing. I contacted them 4 times over the course of 3 days trying to find out what happened to my delivery. Each time I was told to continue to wait as it could still show up and offered a total of $30 in credit (which still isn’t showing up on my account.) My order was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday and it shipped out on mid-day Saturday. I was informed that the food is packaged to stay fresh for 48 hours so if it was at the end of that period before it was set to be delivered on Tuesday why would I even want the food when they said to wait until Wednesday? Very disappointed in the shipping service they used called SprintShip and the unhelpful customer service team.

HelloFresh response

Hi Patricia, thank you for reaching out and sharing this with us. Please send us an email to communityteam@hellofresh.com so that we can look into this for you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

My husband and I are retired and it means a lot to my husband of 57 years to have a nice home cooked meal. I am happy to do it for him because he does the dishes! It's very helpful to me to have three meals ready to prepare, that I have chosen. When I open my refrigerator, there are my three bags of ingredients, all nicely sorted for me. Once I empty one out on my counter, I'm ready to prepare the meal. I know it will be delicious. In a half hour, I call my husband to the table. We have both enjoyed the meals, find them very tasty, and there's always enough left over for our lunch. Cooking the food myself, with all fresh ingredients, I know we are eating well. And each week, it's always a nice surprise to see what is in my box, when it arrives at my door.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I love Hello Fresh just not sure why the only loyalty benefit is for me to give to friends. I spend all the money and get no bonus or coupons except for codes to give to others. Perks should also go to loyal customers not just new customers.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

My husband and I are empty nesters and he works 48 hours on and 48 hours off as a Deputy Fire Chief. I was used to cooking for a family of 4 and downsizing my cooking has been a challenge. My husband refuses to eat leftovers. The pre-packaged meals for 2 are the perfect size. I like sitting down and looking at the HelloFresh menu selections, choosing what works best for us and having the meals shopped for and delivered.

I also like that all the spices are included, no more punting when you realize you didn't have a spice the recipe calls for. Or worst you had to buy an entire spice bottle of something you only use once. We tried a couple of the Gourmet recipes and we were pleased with the results. I'm not a fancy cook, but even I was able to prepare a spectacular meal. I believe we are eating healthier by using fresh ingredients, proportioned meat servings and recipes infused with fruit and/or vegetables. I've asked questions through the chat on-line and have been happy with their assistance. Overall happy with the service.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I am always happy with the quality. When I first started Hello Fresh, there were a few snags, but customer service handled the problems. I have been happy ever since! The quality of the fish is exceptional. I am not a big fish eater, but you have changed my taste buds, and now I am a big fan!! Hell Fresh introduces me to a lot of new items that I never was aware of before.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I have been enjoying this great benefit for more than a year. The price is right, the ingredients are indeed the best. The recipes are creative, very convenient, comforting and delicious. My food arrive very well insulated. It's refreshing to not have to worry about dinner. Bonus the meals are healthy. Thank you Hello Fresh team for a well thought out meal plans.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

It has been great learning cooking techniques and I have made a few good meals. However, the liberal use of salt and butter, along with there not being enough chicken/fish options (forcing me to beef and pork), and the white carbs (white bread, white rice) in most meals makes it incompatible with a healthy diet.

HelloFresh US expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A Berlin-based company with U.S. headquarters in New York City, HelloFresh delivers fresh ingredients and recipes to the customers each week for them to prepare at home. The company even partners with famed chef Jamie Oliver for exclusive recipes.

• Various options: HelloFresh offers options for vegetarians, as well as larger boxes for families.

• Subscription service: HelloFresh sells a "subscription" that automatically renews each week unless you opt out.

• Wide delivery range: The company delivers anywhere in the continental U.S.

• Small suppliers: Food is purchased from smaller suppliers for the freshest ingredients.

• Choose your meals: You can choose which meals you receive each week to suit your own individual tastes and needs.

• Best for: Busy individuals, busy families and people looking to expand their cooking knowledge.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs