It's that easy Request Information
4.15/5
Based on 2,128 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

As a global leader in providing fresh food to consumers' doorsteps, HelloFresh wants to ensure every household has the opportunity to enjoy delicoius and healthy food. They have a variety of meal plans to choose from and each plan includes ingredients that are sourced locally and delivered at a time convenient for their subscribers. Menus and deliveries can be managed through their mobile app and their customer care team is available to answer any questions. Call or visit their site today!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

2344 HelloFresh Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Most of the meals we've tried have been tasty and enjoyable. We have seen a few less than quality items of produce in two of the kits. Also, the seasoning in the Swedish Meatloaves was hardly eatable for either me or my husband without covering it up with relish. I took a pic of the lime inside my Pork Poblano Taco kit. I included it below.

Get expert buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Meals were delivered nicely although the packaging seems a bit wasteful. Recipes were extensive and too time-consuming. Low-calorie meals were too spicy although I realize we could have left out the spices that were sent. The recipes called for the use of too many dishes.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

The only reason I left Plated was the order quality--they consistently messed up; i.e.: bad veg or absolutely no value for some of the deserts. However, I continued to pay more for this service for three reasons which I now frequently miss. Okay, four. Five. (1) Amount of menu options. HUGE diverse variety of options. HelloFresh feels sometimes like picking the lesser of the evils. (2) The ridiculously easy ability to switch between the number of meals delivered per week. (3) Desert addons.

(4) The directions were clear, concise and to the point. Salt, for example, is measured precisely and not just "to taste," causing the final dish to be too salty. It actually enhanced the overall flavor profile as intended. (5) Customer service was 100%. For each and every ** up, customer service was prompt, professional, and responsive. But they had to be. They were damage control. (6) The portion sizes were perfect. Either that, or the meals were more filling. Portion control was much easier since I was both full and satisfied with one portion. Here... not so much.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I love HelloFresh because they send delicious, gourmet vegetarian meals that are easy to prepare. I've had about 9 of their meals so far, and my husband and I have enjoyed all of them. The price is good, too. It's nice to have lovely, nutritious meals all ready to go. My only complaint - I wish there was some way to cut back on all the plastic packaging.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

The ease and convenience have made Hello Fresh a necessity in our home. We love just grabbing the brown paper bag and knowing everything we need is at hand rather than fumbling thru the fridge like other services require. Great recipes and easy to accomplish and we find we enjoy cooking as a couple. Saves money too since we're not ordering in or running to the store to figure out dinner. Love it!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about HelloFresh US?

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I like everything about my HelloFresh experience. The shipping of the food products – excellent. Quality of food – excellent with creative, innovative recipes. I haven’t been a fan of every single recipe, but the produce is fresh and the end result almost always very satisfying. Love having food delivered to my doorstep – beats fast food and it’s healthier.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Recipes are great, always fresh foods. Only thing I wish is a lower price and I’d do it more. I love how simple it is to follow the recipe and the variety of choices each week. I’ve been very pleased with my HelloFresh Delivery. I would only ask for prices around $50 each week as an option. Maybe do a yearly pay ahead and get the $50 rate and I’ll do it. I just can’t spend $80 a week. It’s just as much as eating out.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

My experience with HelloFresh, over the year or so I've been a member, has always been excellent. From customer service to delivery, quality ingredients to delicious meals, easy-to-follow menu instructions to very satisfying outcomes, I couldn't be happier. I've gone from a man who never really cooked to a chef who's proud of his dishes! I should mention that HelloFresh's online site is also excellent, providing all one needs to manage account, select meals, and choose options.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Recently we are getting larger amounts of produce and in better condition than previously. In addition, the variety of the menu items is noticeable, not as many "favorites" and more new recipes. Whenever I have had an issue with quality or a missing item, the response from the CSR has been excellent and a resolution is quickly presented. Keeping the prices below take-away dining and adding new and varied menus will keep us as clients. The expanded weekly choices is a great start!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I absolutely love HelloFresh! I love being able to choose my three meals every week and not having to worry about grocery shopping for much because I know I will get those groceries right to my door on Saturday!! The recipes are easy to follow and actually fun to put together. It makes me feel like a chef! Almost every meal I’ve tried so far has been delicious and I can’t wait to try out more!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Good food -- a lot of seasonings we had never had before. HelloFresh seems to be continually tweaking and improving things such as a broader menu choice and improving the packaging of the food for shipping. So far they have been dependable and are easily accessible if you have to speak to a rep. in person.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I really enjoy the meals I get from HelloFresh, but something consistently lacking is the produce. 9 times out of 10 I receive produce that is less than fresh. For this reason I do not order this as often as I might if the quality of produce was better.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Unfortunately, the packaging necessary to ship cold food is substantial. We still don’t understand our options regarding the cooling packs (compost, garbage, dispose of contents on our junk pile—in the country). We’re aware of the three meal vegetarian option but don’t understand if there’s an option that allow fish and or poultry but not red meat.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I gave a 4 rating only because occasionally I had missing ingredients or vegetables that were rotted or obviously old; however if reported to Hello Fresh they will give you a credit. But that said, the recipes are varied and delicious, and easy to prepare and I look forward to this adventure every week.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We love HelloFresh! Getting to cook three meals we normally wouldn’t had been great and everything is delicious! If we’ve ever had an issue with delivery or produce, the HelloFresh team gets right back to me and makes it right. I always recommend it to people.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I love that I don’t have to plan the meal. I love I don’t have to shop for it. I love that there are many choices. I recommend this to everyone I know. The recipes are easy to follow. They have flavors I wouldn’t think to use on my own. They are all delicious FRESH meals.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Service is what matters here. Other companies have this idea also, but HelloFresh is the one whose orders are always on time and correct. The food is packaged well, and the ice packs keep it cold the entire day when it is delivered. So I do not have to worry about it sitting on my porch until I get home. The app is easy to use for choosing menus. Payment is automatically withdrawn so I don’t have to worry about paying the bill. The food is really great too! Menus are varied and offer choices such as vegetarian, along with spicy dishes and international foods. I love the variety!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Great concept, good recipes, not-so-fresh produce and herbs. Very happy that they have expanded the menu choices to 12 now and allowed everyone to pick off the vegetarian menu - but the lemons and limes are ALWAYS bad. Herbs & green veggies rarely last 2 days. And the portions of meat are usually small compared to other companies.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I love HelloFresh but after not getting my order during 4th of July week on time, I will never order on a holiday week again. As you will notice, I skipped the upcoming Labor Day week meal. My box arrived on Friday instead of Tuesday even though it shipped on its normal day. Everything had to be thrown out, what a waste. The freezer packs were completely warm and condensation from them had made the box wet. I called in and got a credit for that week. I realize this was totally because of UPS and not Hello Fresh but UPS needs to change their policy when it’s a box containing food. Food boxes need to have priority during a heavy shipping load.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Prior to subscribing with Hello Fresh, we would go out, order in, or pick up dinner every single night. Neither of us really enjoyed cooking that much, mostly because we each only knew how to make a couple of different dishes. HelloFresh has introduced us to so many delicious dinners and taught us that cooking is actually not as intimidating as we once thought. We look forward to receiving our box every week!

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I selected the order to be delivered on Sundays. The first week it was delivered through USPS and everything was perfect. The next week they shipped through laser ship. The package didn’t arrive until late Monday night. Most of the items were ok but I was extremely dissatisfied. I contacted customer service and they were unwilling to do anything about it. After arguing with them they issued a $10 credit to my account, which wasn’t helpful because I had already decided I was going to cancel because of this experience. Overall very disappointed with the company. If they say delivery will be Sunday, they should ship using a company that delivers on Sunday - and they should stand behind when it is supposed to be delivered.

HelloFresh response

Hi Stefanie, thank you for reaching out and sharing your experience with us. Please send us an email to communityteam@hellofresh.com so that we can take a look into this for you.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I have had several packages of the meat in two deliveries leak over the bottom of the box. The first time I did not call, should have. 2nd time I did and was credited for that meal. Other than the one time I was missing an ingredient things have been good. Meals are delicious and easy to make. Though at times I wish there was more when the family really likes the meal.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I was happy with the meals but I was missing two ingredients for one of the nights - rosemary and parmesan - I had them in my pantry though so I was able to complete the recipe. Not a huge deal and since I had a 50% off coupon I didn't mind it. I would have been more disappointed had I paid full price.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I had been very enthusiastic about HelloFresh until the past 3 or 4 deliveries. In each cast there have been old vegetables. Twice the onion was brown/soft in the middle, seasonsings have been wilted (tarragon and cilantro) and, even worse, twice the chicken packages have been leaking - they have not been correctly sealed. Week of August 7, the shredded cheese was in a store bought ziplock bag. That wasn’t so terrible, but very weird. It’s getting to the point of my exploring other delivery services. I say this because by son in law (also in Montclair) is experiencing similar problems.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We like more of the recipes than we dislike. Sometimes the cuts of beef are really, really tough, which makes a dish less desirable. We like that they repeat some recipes now and then. When those are a favorite it makes for a no-brainer choice. We do wish we could select a week of two meals instead of three on occasion. This would be for either weeks we are unavailable for part of the week or weeks where we just can’t pick a third we like (which would make us skip rather than pick a loser).

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I absolutely love the quality and convenience of Hello Fresh. For someone like me who has no time to plan meals or grocery shop, I can have my meals delivered and all I have to do is prepare/ coon the ingredients. I always have leftovers and I eat them as a whole other meal!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

HelloFresh does not honor cancellation requests or skipped weeks. Twice now they have claimed there is "no record" of my cancellation / skip requests, charged me full price and refused to refund or cancel delivery. Do not sign up unless you want to flush money down the toilet.

HelloFresh response

Hi Kayleigh, thank you for reaching out and sharing this with us. Please send us an email to communityteam@hellofresh.com so that we can take a look into this for you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We had a recipe that was a lemon pepper steak and the meat sent was pork. I had noted on the weekly rating but heard no response. I have also noticed lately that the vegetables are not as fresh as they were when we started.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We have been ordering meals from HF for a few years now and absolutely love it. It has really helped my confidence in the kitchen and often recreate the meals that we gotten! So easy to use and I've never been disappointed in a meal. All have been delicious. We had a problem with an ingredient and they credited our account immediately and were so kind about it. I highly recommend HelloFresh. You can pick and choose your weeks of service and way cheaper than going to the store... especially saving you from spontaneous and unneeded items that find their way into your cart. Thank you HF. You are the best... And we've tried the other boxes. You are superior!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I am very happy with every week. If I could have them deliver food for every meal, I would. I always give out the cards that give people deals and free food because I recommend it. It allows me to cook recipes I never would have without Hello Fresh.

HelloFresh US expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A Berlin-based company with U.S. headquarters in New York City, HelloFresh delivers fresh ingredients and recipes to the customers each week for them to prepare at home. The company even partners with famed chef Jamie Oliver for exclusive recipes.

• Various options: HelloFresh offers options for vegetarians, as well as larger boxes for families.

• Subscription service: HelloFresh sells a "subscription" that automatically renews each week unless you opt out.

• Wide delivery range: The company delivers anywhere in the continental U.S.

• Small suppliers: Food is purchased from smaller suppliers for the freshest ingredients.

• Choose your meals: You can choose which meals you receive each week to suit your own individual tastes and needs.

• Best for: Busy individuals, busy families and people looking to expand their cooking knowledge.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

HelloFresh Company Information

HelloFresh US
Public
www.hellofresh.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business