1.68/5
  • 1 star
Based on 31 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 15, 2017

39 Heinz Foods Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

So very disappointed! Was enjoying my Chicken Fettuccine and bit done on something hard. It was a good sized piece of glass! Went to get the box to get the lot number and discovered another piece in the bottom of the box. Normally would just shrug it off but this is the SECOND time in 6 months I have found glass in the Smart Ones product. The first time I contacted the company provided the required info and they sent me a stupid coupon for 2.00 off... No apology no call. Something is something seriously wrong here!!! It's sad, because from a taste perspective, ease of use and availability of product on my weight loss journey these have been a big help and less the glass, would recommend. Won't be buying these again!!! Buyer beware and be really careful when consuming these!!!

Original review: June 19, 2016

I've read and heard so many things about the wonders and miracles of apple cider vinegar for health and household cleaning solution and I planned on buying one but always forget to get one. It was only last month that I got reminded when I did my grocery and walked down the aisle of condiments and seasoning section. Well, there were like 10 brands of apple cider vinegar displayed. And Heinz was the only brand familiar to me, not as an apple cider brand but as ketchup and mustard brand. And just like its ketchup plastic container, Heinz apple cider vinegar seemed to be packaged well. There's this one brand that's more expensive but why does it look like it's a solvent product or something similar to bottled products in hardware stores?

Anyway, so got the Heinz and immediately made a vinaigrette using it. So far, their vinegar smells strong but not irritating. I tried the two tablespoon a day for weight loss and its acidity is tolerable. I'm not sure though if Heinz apple cider vinegar is truly 100% organic. It says though in its bottle which was also one of the reason I got it. I just have to trust them maybe.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 19, 2016

Banana ketchup is popular here in the Philippines, but I prefer Heinz Tomato ketchup. First off, tomatoes are red and bananas are yellow. I can't trust something red but labelled as banana. Second, banana ketchup is too sweet for my taste! Heinz Ketchup has the right level of sourness in it. I use it when mom makes hash browns, pork chop, burgers or veggie tempura.

Original review: June 3, 2016

In May of 2016 I was trying Classico pasta sauce for my dinner. I would add scallops, fresh basil, cooked onions, garlic, mushrooms, peppers, and a bit of parsley. So I cooked all the ingredients and deglazed with wine, here comes the classico. Instantly the whole house smelled foul. My wife called me over, (Japanese), "um this smells funny." I saw it, meat! Meat in a marinara bottle. I emailed HJ Heinz for a reimbursement of raw ingredients and the bottle, and they never even emailed me back! I hate them. I will not eat Kraft or Ketchup from them again. I don't have the receipt but I have a picture. I'm out of 60 dollars 'cause of them.

Original review: May 20, 2016

Best-tasting ketchup ever! Don't care how much calories every spoonful will bring and doesn't matter if it takes a whole lot of ingredients to make them. They are great with anything and bring any eating experience to higher level.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Heinz Foods?

Original review: March 1, 2016

I found a hair in my Heinz Lasagna. I therefore complained to Heinz, and they asked me to return the hair to them by free post! What a Joke! Feeling very annoyed right now!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

Just tried a can of Dhal curry lentils and was very disappointed. I cannot believe anyone could ruin the taste of lentils, but guess what, you did. They were acrid, they did not taste of lentils or curry. They tasted like tin can. I managed to eat a couple of spoonfuls but then gave up. That is one Heinz product I will not be trying again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2015

Why are you people eating this garbage AND even feeding it to little kids? Learn to cook you lazy sods, and eat nourishing fresh food instead of ** from a can!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2015

Opened a tin of beans. Horrified to see some kind of substance at top of can - chemical, poison, doesn't look like mould? No response from Heinz customer care. I suppose they are just riding the storm.

Original review: July 27, 2015

My wife was eating the Swedish Meatballs and on her last spoonful or last bite she bit on to something hard. When she pulled it out to our surprise it was a Shard of Glass. Pictures included. I'm Furious! If she were to have swallow this. The amount of damage it could have cause would life threatening.

Original review: June 13, 2015

A number of years ago there used to be 12 pieces of ravioli in 200g tin. Now most of the time you only get 11 pieces of ravioli, unfortunately today there was only 10 pieces which I was very disappointed that. The code on the can was 11-2015 MJ R. 4325 02:12.

Original review: March 23, 2015

This Lunchtime I opened a tin of soup (Scotch Broth). As I almost took my last mouthful, I bit into something very hard. At first I thought that a filling had fallen out but when I pulled it out it was a silver screw. Shocked at what I saw I checked my tooth and found it to be broken. I have called Heinz and they have asked me to send it in with the envelope that they will post out to me! This is no Hoax!!

Original review: March 2, 2015

I bought my 9-month old daughter Heinz baby porridge pots today from Asda, once I opened a pot it was all green and mouldy inside, this has really annoyed me as It could of made my daughter really unwell if she was to eat it. I will not be buying these products again.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

Purchased the small tin of spaghetti bolognese. As I was about to serve it to my son (who's nearly 2) on a spoon, thankfully, I took the first spoonful and found a long sharp piece of plastic. It's angered me, it's concerned me, and I am damn right disgusted.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

I bought a box of ore Ida french toast sticks. While eating them my boyfriend bit something hard. It looked like a pebble. I wonder if it was a hard sugar cube. In result he broke his tooth. We took pictures of the piece of objects and his broken tooth. I called and spoke with someone at 12:05 Monday Feb 2. I am looking for answers and a check to pay for going to get his tooth fixed. Thank God it wasn't the kids. I am not happy and hope to get results in a timely fashion.

Original review: July 8, 2014

I opened the box and found hardly any cheese and bacon just mostly potatoes. I sent a complaint to Heinz and they never got back to me.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2014

The last TGIF frozen wings I purchased had the sauce in a pack instead of being on the wings. I did not think the wings tasted as good. Also, the extra step on my part made more of a mess for me to cleanup. Unless you go back to your old recipe, I probably will not be buying any more of your wings. Keep me informed of your decision.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2013

While eating a bowl of Heinz Farmers Market Chicken & Country Vegetable Soup, I choked on a piece of wood like substance. Thankfully, I coughed it up as it's about an inch and on further inspection, I found another 3 pieces.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2012

I purchased a tin of Heinz Spaghetti Bolognese today on 11/10/2012 for my 13-month-old daughter as she loves them! I washed her dish and spoon as I always do and poured in the tin. I was feeding her and she started choking! I thought it was a piece of spaghetti too long but imagine how I felt when I managed to get it out and discovered it was a piece of plastic, about a centimeter long and half a centimeter wide! I am disgusted and upset! I could have lost my daughter to this! I want something done! I have added a photo! It looks big on the photo but it isn't! However it would have been big enough to choke my child to death!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2012

I returned a stone that was in my Heinz Weight Watchers Ocean. They sent me £5, which I think was disgusting. I was physically sick as I proper crunched on it.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2012

We bought a Complan milk powder product for our child from Mustafa Center in Singapore. We used to give this powder mixed milk to my child every day. But on the 23rd of August when we were pouring the powder from the pack, we saw a dead lizard in the sealed pack. We were shocked and my wife almost fainted seeing it. Really, it is very upsetting news to get such worst product from such kind of reputable company. I have taken photos of it that I can share with you all if needed.

Original review: May 21, 2012
I purchased a 16 oz can of Home Style Beans - Brown Sugar & Bacon. The beans did not have a good taste; they are not thick, more like soupy. You cannot

even taste the baked flavor of brown sugar. Do the consumers, like me, a favor. Stop making baked beans, leave the beans to Bush's. You keep doing what you do best, ketchup. Also, back in the era of the early 60's, you made flavored ketchup that was so good. How about trying that again? Thank you.

Original review: May 1, 2012

What has happened to your baked beans? Over the last couple of years, they taste awful. Have you changed the recipe? Or is it the cans you are putting them in? They are bitter, almost metallic tasting. That is the best I can do to describe them. Please bring back Britain’s favorite, the old recipe or the old way you canned them. You have ruined some of my favorite meals. Please do something about this. Many thanks.

Original review: April 8, 2012

I recently purchased a bottle of Heinz mayonnaise and the seal inside the lid was missing. The mayo was all hard and solid and would not come out of the bottle. I have been told by Morrisons Supermarket, where I purchased it from, to inform you directly. I will be waiting to hear from you.

Original review: April 3, 2012

I have been buying this soup (Classic Scotch Broth Soup, 400 g size ref 09~2013~DL K8 1259 23 42) for many years. This tin contained a completely different taste from the usual. Has the recipe changed?

Original review: March 16, 2012

I bought the value size bag of TGIF’s Potato Skins and opened the bag. There wasn’t any cheese or bacon on potatoes or none in the bag. UPC number is 4670406847. It’s best by 04/28/2013 (ka2a20a19;20). I realize it can fall off the potato, but in this case there was nothing to fall off.

Original review: March 8, 2012

I purchased a family-size bag of Ore-Ida crinkle french fries. I used half last week and got the bag out of the freezer to use tonight. When I used them last week, I noticed red on my hand and thought I had cut myself. Tonight, when I took the bag out of the freezer, my hands were covered with red dye or paint from the bag - I mean really covered you could see everywhere. I touched the bag, it was white because the red was on me. Why is this happening? It scared my grandchild to death.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2012

I bought Complan powder product for my child. In Thailand, it is not available, so I bought it from India. We used to give this powder mixed milk to my child as a primary food. It was about from the last 10 days. But today was shocking for us, when we were pouring the powder from the pack, we saw a dead lizard in the sealed pack. Really, it is very upsetting news to get such worst product from such kind of reputable company. If you want, I will send the photos, which I took.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2011

On October 18,2011, I prepared two packages of shrimp marinara. While my husband was eating, he started to choke and spit up what appeared to be a 1 inch in length and width piece of leather. Naturally, we discarded the remainder. I have the piece of whatever he heaved up, if you would like to see it. The product ID code on both labels is, "best by 06/28/2013 **". I do not care for any coupons and et cetera, as I am no longer going to purchase these products. My husband is 76 years old; he did not feel too good after he vomited what he had already eaten, and stomach acid was in his throat. I would think you would have better quality control. I can send you the foreign piece of material, if you desire.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2011

Last month, my 11 years old son was heating up his favorite dish of Smart Ones - Fettucini Alfredo. Within minutes, I watched him take a fork full in his mouth. Then, he mixed it up a little more and took a second fork full. He said that when he was about to swallow, he felt something on the cheek side of his mouth. He then reached into his mouth and pulled out to see what was hanging out of his mouth. He jumped and held up a very very long strand of hair.

Heinz Foods Company Information