This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Grubhub connects users to restaurants that offer delivery and pickup options. Simply type in an address and get matched with hundreds of restaurants nearby. Grubhub regularly has promos that waive or reduce fees, making it a low-cost, low-hassle option to get the food you want conveniently.
Grubhub is a convenient way to order your take-out favorites directly to your home or office. Because users can search by cuisine or restaurant name, it’s easy to get exactly what you want from where you want.
- Comprehensive app
- Eco-friendly options
- Many restaurant options
- Fees apply
- Not all restaurants participate
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
How does Grubhub work?
Grubhub helps customers find and order food from their current location.
Type in an address on the app, and Grubhub shows you restaurants that deliver to that location and shares multiple nearby restaurants with pickup services. You can also search by cuisine, restaurant name or menu item to have the app filter the results according to your specifications.
Once you find what you’re looking for, you can place your order online or by phone. The company then sends you a confirmation email with details of your order. Keep in mind that most restaurants require you to meet a minimum dollar amount before your order can be processed.
Most orders are made on the secure Grubhub app. From the app, you can track your order, view previous orders and locate receipts. You can place an order up to four days in advance and save multiple delivery locations, such as your home and office. The app also provides access to reviews, coupons and special deals and gives you the option to decline napkins and plasticware at checkout for more eco-friendly delivery.
There is no cost to create a Grubhub account. When you place an order, you pay for your food plus sales tax when applicable and any tips you wish to give the restaurant or delivery driver. For delivery orders, you may also be charged a delivery or service fee.
Customers pay an order processing fee for each prepaid order. The rate is applied at 3.05% plus 30 cents per order. Grubhub frequently offers promotional codes you can use in-app to receive discounts on your order.
Grubhub payment options
Grubhub accepts all major credit cards, Grubhub gift cards, Paypal, Venmo, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Amex Express checkout. Payment is charged as soon as you place your order. The company also sells gift cards.
- Do Grubhub drivers make multiple stops?
- A Grubhub driver shouldn’t make more than one stop at a time. The driver can accept multiple orders but should deliver orders as they appear on the task list since going out of sequence could result in very early or late deliveries.
- How much does Grubhub charge for delivery?
- Delivery fees vary based on the city you’re in and the restaurant you’re ordering from.
- Do you tip for Grubhub?
- Tipping a Grubhub courier isn’t required, but it is encouraged. The company suggests tipping for any delivery but particularly for large orders or delivering in poor weather. At Grubhub, tips are paid directly to the delivery person and are not used to subsidize their pay.
- Does Grubhub have a monthly fee?
- No, there is no monthly fee. Grubhub charges a service fee per order.
Is Grubhub worth it?
Busy, on-the-go people benefit from using Grubhub. Though the company charges delivery or service fees for every transaction, the ability to order food and drinks from any participating restaurant with just a few clicks is valuable to people who don’t have much spare time or don’t want to cook. We recommend Grubhub for its varied options, intuitive app and eco-friendly initiatives.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 2,440,355 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I did my one and only drive for Grub Hub 6/29/20. First the driver app it NOT user friendly, I picked up the order, I delivered it to a person at a Hotel, Grub Hub will not pay me for my only trip - $ 8.00. It's more the point now than the money. They billed the customer, the customer has not reported they didn't receive the food, no other driver made the delivery (cause I did) yet GrubHub is saying they don't see I took the order... Maybe it's because their app sucks! Maybe I did something wrong on my first trip. All in all they received payment from the customer and refuse to pay me - Use UBER EATS instead - GRUBHUB jips it's drivers.
Grubhub Company Information
- Company Name:
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.