2. Miscellaneous

Grubhub

Grubhub
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.62/5

Grubhub connects users to restaurants that offer delivery and pickup options. Simply type in an address and get matched with hundreds of restaurants nearby. Grubhub regularly has promos that waive or reduce fees, making it a low-cost, low-hassle option to get the food you want conveniently.

BOTTOM LINE

Grubhub is a convenient way to order your take-out favorites directly to your home or office. Because users can search by cuisine or restaurant name, it’s easy to get exactly what you want from where you want.

PROS
  • Comprehensive app
  • Eco-friendly options
  • Many restaurant options
CONS
  • Fees apply
  • Not all restaurants participate

How does Grubhub work?

Grubhub helps customers find and order food from their current location.

Type in an address on the app, and Grubhub shows you restaurants that deliver to that location and shares multiple nearby restaurants with pickup services. You can also search by cuisine, restaurant name or menu item to have the app filter the results according to your specifications.

Once you find what you’re looking for, you can place your order online or by phone. The company then sends you a confirmation email with details of your order. Keep in mind that most restaurants require you to meet a minimum dollar amount before your order can be processed.

Grubhub app

Most orders are made on the secure Grubhub app. From the app, you can track your order, view previous orders and locate receipts. You can place an order up to four days in advance and save multiple delivery locations, such as your home and office. The app also provides access to reviews, coupons and special deals and gives you the option to decline napkins and plasticware at checkout for more eco-friendly delivery.

Grubhub fees

There is no cost to create a Grubhub account. When you place an order, you pay for your food plus sales tax when applicable and any tips you wish to give the restaurant or delivery driver. For delivery orders, you may also be charged a delivery or service fee.

Customers pay an order processing fee for each prepaid order. The rate is applied at 3.05% plus 30 cents per order. Grubhub frequently offers promotional codes you can use in-app to receive discounts on your order.

Grubhub payment options

Grubhub accepts all major credit cards, Grubhub gift cards, Paypal, Venmo, Apple Pay, Google Pay and Amex Express checkout. Payment is charged as soon as you place your order. The company also sells gift cards.

Grubhub FAQ

Do Grubhub drivers make multiple stops?
    A Grubhub driver shouldn’t make more than one stop at a time. The driver can accept multiple orders but should deliver orders as they appear on the task list since going out of sequence could result in very early or late deliveries.
    How much does Grubhub charge for delivery?
    Delivery fees vary based on the city you’re in and the restaurant you’re ordering from.
    Do you tip for Grubhub?
    Tipping a Grubhub courier isn’t required, but it is encouraged. The company suggests tipping for any delivery but particularly for large orders or delivering in poor weather. At Grubhub, tips are paid directly to the delivery person and are not used to subsidize their pay.
    Does Grubhub have a monthly fee?
    No, there is no monthly fee. Grubhub charges a service fee per order.

Is Grubhub worth it?

Busy, on-the-go people benefit from using Grubhub. Though the company charges delivery or service fees for every transaction, the ability to order food and drinks from any participating restaurant with just a few clicks is valuable to people who don’t have much spare time or don’t want to cook. We recommend Grubhub for its varied options, intuitive app and eco-friendly initiatives.

Grubhub Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grubhub?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Grubhubs?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

To avoid the cold weather and an unfamiliar city we ordered from Cheesecake Factory using Grub Hub. We were very pleased with the quick courteous service provided by Grub Hub. The hot food was still hot and the ice cream was not melted. We really enjoyed our meal in the comfort of our hotel room.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

Quick mostly correct and mistakes are corrected quick and efficient. Tips can be added to your card as well. Good decent driver that are using PPE. They practice Social Distancing and have been delightful.

Get buying tips about Miscellaneous delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Well-known for Punctuality, cleanliness, courteous behavior. Well known for providing coverage to all top Meal providers. They cover a lot of areas and have good communication system to deal with their customers. They have a good system of acknowledging receipt of meals by the ordering customers.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

This is the second weekend in a row I have ordered from Bob Evan’s and the delivery person couldn’t manage to get the right order. Not only was it the wrong order it was for DoorDash NOT Grubhub. When I called Grubhub the guy didn’t act at all interested in what I had to say as there was a long pause and I said "hello are you there". He said "what was your problem again". I had to tell him 3 times where I ordered my food from. In the end he didn’t care that it was the second weekend or that it was all the money I had on my card to order breakfast. He said he would refund my money and I’d have it in 3-5 business days oh and he said sorry anything else I can help you with. I’m done with Grubhub. It’s seem it’s hard for people to do their jobs correct and their customer service people don’t seem to care.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2020

Myself and 3 coworkers split the $17 upcharge for Grubhub. Then they forgot half the order. They refund the cost of food in 5 days, & keep the full upcharge. NEVER again. This is the second and last time I will try this service.

Original review: July 9, 2020

I did my one and only drive for Grub Hub 6/29/20. First the driver app it NOT user friendly, I picked up the order, I delivered it to a person at a Hotel, Grub Hub will not pay me for my only trip - $ 8.00. It's more the point now than the money. They billed the customer, the customer has not reported they didn't receive the food, no other driver made the delivery (cause I did) yet GrubHub is saying they don't see I took the order... Maybe it's because their app sucks! Maybe I did something wrong on my first trip. All in all they received payment from the customer and refuse to pay me - Use UBER EATS instead - GRUBHUB jips it's drivers.

Grubhub Company Information