About Green Chef
Green Chef is a meal kit delivery service that takes the stress out of cooking with easy-to-follow recipes. Customers get two to four ready-to-cook meals delivered to their door weekly for two or four people, depending on their subscription. There are no minimum subscription commitments, and you can skip deliveries at no cost.
- Natural, organic ingredients
- Variety of meal options
- Several dietary options
- Limited plans available
- Pay extra for convenience
Green Chef is a meal kit delivery service. It focuses on healthy meals, including keto, paleo and vegan plans. Ingredients are certified organic and naturally sourced. Weekly deliveries can be paused at your convenience.
What is Green Chef?
Green Chef is a meal subscription service that focuses on creating a healthy diet. Each Green Chef box contains sustainably sourced ingredients for ready-to-cook, restaurant-style meals. Green Chef’s ingredients are certified organic unless otherwise noted, and meals take about 30 minutes to make. Customers can choose from several meal plans that adhere to different diets, including balanced living, plant-based, ketogenic and paleo.
How does Green Chef work?
When you sign up for a subscription, you choose how many recipes are delivered in your weekly box. Each recipe is a complete meal with two to four servings, depending on your selection. Plans for two people include three or four meals per week, while those for four people include between two and four meals.
Each week you choose meals from your chosen plan to be delivered the following week. You can change meal plans from week to week or stick with your original choice. If you want to make changes or don't want to receive an upcoming box, you edit or opt to skip a delivery as long as it's done before the seven-day deadline. Customers can skip up to five weeks of orders at once. There's no penalty for skipping deliveries.
Green Chef prices
The cost of Green Chef varies based on the diet plan you choose and the number of recipes per delivery. Each recipe has two to four servings, depending on your selection. Options include:
- Plant-based recipes at the cost of $11.99 per serving for a weekly box, or $9.99 when ordering two or three boxes per week.
- Balanced living meals at the cost of $11.99 per meal
- Keto and paleo plans at a cost $12.99 per meal
Along with the cost of the meals, you also pay $7.99 per box for shipping. So if you’re buying one box a week with two recipes for a family of four, your cost will range from $103.91 to $111.91.
Green Chef FAQ
- How much does Green Chef cost?
- The cost depends on how many people you're buying for and what type of diet you choose. Meals cost between $9.99 and $12.99 per serving, and your box options include either six, eight, 12 or 16 servings.
- Does Green Chef have an app?
- Green Chef does have an app, but only for Apple devices. There is no Green Chef app available for Android devices.
- Is Green Chef organic?
- Green Chef does its best to source certified organic ingredients. All meal kit ingredients are certified organic unless labeled otherwise.
- Where is Green Chef located?
- Green Chef was originally based in Boulder, Colorado. Its headquarters is currently in New York, New York.
- Who owns Green Chef?
- Hello Fresh owns Green Chef. The company bought Green Chef in 2018.
- How long do Green Chef meals last?
- Ingredients typically stay fresh for about five days after arrival. Seafood ingredients should be cooked within three days of arrival.
- Is Green Chef really keto?
- Green Chef does offer a keto meal option. It has no grains, excess sugar, tubers, fruits, soy, gluten or peanuts.
- Can you cancel Green Chef at any time?
- Yes, Green Chef subscriptions can be canceled at any time. The weekly deadline for cancellation is seven days before delivery. It also offers the option of pausing deliveries for up to five weeks.
Is Green Chef worth it?
Green Chef is a good option if you're looking for a meal delivery service. It offers plans tailored to specific diets and uses healthy ingredients that are naturally sourced. Delivery is flexible, and you can pause shipments when needed. Subscriptions can be canceled at any time, so there’s no major commitment.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 3,933,926 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
This company makes it impossible to stop unwanted deliveries. I explored the site, entered information, and then tried to cancel before even closing out the site. They began billing me and sending shipments even though I had cancelled my initial exploration. When I called to make sure they would honor my cancellation, they offered me a 1/2 refund for the unwanted shipment they had billed to my credit card. They then proceeded to bill me that reduced amount for further shipments even though I was very clear I had cancelled and was cancelling. Each representative I spoke to on the phone claimed that the previous representative misunderstood or was unable to process my cancellation. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! Their product is a good one, but their business practices are dishonest!
The only company of its type that advertises certified organic but, when/if questioned, they admit that not all their ingredients are organic. And there is no way to know, before ordering, which are organic or not. Also, the dairy-free options tend to only be the relatively few vegetarian options, yet many of us eat meat and not dairy. For those reasons, I cancelled subscribership before sampling.
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
We have been receiving Green Chef for about a month now. The food is delicious, the recipes varied. But the amount of packaging to get it to us is obscene: a cardboard box with two 1” thick full liners for insulation; two “ice” bags which when thawed are supposed to be emptied down the drain. It’s like a bag of clear Jello. Then there are all of the individual bags of ingredients labeled for use in the recipe. I don’t think the convenience is worth all of the by-product.
The ingredients are fresh and recipes are tasty. However, Green Chef's selection of Vegan meals leaves much to be desired. They all seem to be bowl-like entree that eventually all taste the same. Cooking with these recipes leave a lot of dirty dishes. Sigh.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.