This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
Green Chef is a meal kit delivery service that takes the stress out of cooking with easy-to-follow recipes. Customers get two to four ready-to-cook meals delivered to their door weekly for two or four people, depending on their subscription. There are no minimum subscription commitments, and you can skip deliveries at no cost.
Green Chef is a meal kit delivery service. It focuses on healthy meals, including keto, paleo and vegan plans. Ingredients are certified organic and naturally sourced. Weekly deliveries can be paused at your convenience.
- Natural, organic ingredients
- Variety of meal options
- Several dietary options
- Limited plans available
- Pay extra for convenience
What is Green Chef?
Green Chef is a meal subscription service that focuses on creating a healthy diet. Each Green Chef box contains sustainably sourced ingredients for ready-to-cook, restaurant-style meals. Green Chef’s ingredients are certified organic unless otherwise noted, and meals take about 30 minutes to make. Customers can choose from several meal plans that adhere to different diets, including balanced living, plant-based, ketogenic and paleo.
How does Green Chef work?
When you sign up for a subscription, you choose how many recipes are delivered in your weekly box. Each recipe is a complete meal with two to four servings, depending on your selection. Plans for two people include three or four meals per week, while those for four people include between two and four meals.
Each week you choose meals from your chosen plan to be delivered the following week. You can change meal plans from week to week or stick with your original choice. If you want to make changes or don't want to receive an upcoming box, you edit or opt to skip a delivery as long as it's done before the seven-day deadline. Customers can skip up to five weeks of orders at once. There's no penalty for skipping deliveries.
Green Chef prices
The cost of Green Chef varies based on the diet plan you choose and the number of recipes per delivery. Each recipe has two to four servings, depending on your selection. Options include:
- Plant-based recipes at the cost of $11.99 per serving for a weekly box, or $9.99 when ordering two or three boxes per week.
- Balanced living meals at the cost of $11.99 per meal
- Keto and paleo plans at a cost $12.99 per meal
Along with the cost of the meals, you also pay $7.99 per box for shipping. So if you’re buying one box a week with two recipes for a family of four, your cost will range from $103.91 to $111.91.
Green Chef FAQ
- How much does Green Chef cost?
- The cost depends on how many people you're buying for and what type of diet you choose. Meals cost between $9.99 and $12.99 per serving, and your box options include either six, eight, 12 or 16 servings.
- Does Green Chef have an app?
- Green Chef does have an app, but only for Apple devices. There is no Green Chef app available for Android devices.
- Is Green Chef organic?
- Green Chef does its best to source certified organic ingredients. All meal kit ingredients are certified organic unless labeled otherwise.
- Where is Green Chef located?
- Green Chef was originally based in Boulder, Colorado. Its headquarters is currently in New York, New York.
- Who owns Green Chef?
- Hello Fresh owns Green Chef. The company bought Green Chef in 2018.
- How long do Green Chef meals last?
- Ingredients typically stay fresh for about five days after arrival. Seafood ingredients should be cooked within three days of arrival.
- Is Green Chef really keto?
- Green Chef does offer a keto meal option. It has no grains, excess sugar, tubers, fruits, soy, gluten or peanuts.
- Can you cancel Green Chef at any time?
- Yes, Green Chef subscriptions can be canceled at any time. The weekly deadline for cancellation is seven days before delivery. It also offers the option of pausing deliveries for up to five weeks.
Is Green Chef worth it?
Green Chef is a good option if you're looking for a meal delivery service. It offers plans tailored to specific diets and uses healthy ingredients that are naturally sourced. Delivery is flexible, and you can pause shipments when needed. Subscriptions can be canceled at any time, so there’s no major commitment.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.