3.00/5
Based on 7 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

7 Great Value Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

I purchased a Great Value pumpkin pie at my local Walmart. I baked the pie and even ate some of it. Upon wrapping the pie up for storage, I notice there were 5 chewed off fingernails on the pie. I don’t quite understand how this can happen because food handlers are suppose to wear gloves for health and safety.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I bought Great Value Sugar Cookie Mix, a needle was in it. While mixing dough the needle went thru my finger. Called the company they offered me a $5.00 gift card. Do not support this company! I have only received a call. I'm very dissatisfied with how they handle their mistakes. I will no longer support this business. I experience numbness in punctured finger on a daily basis.

Get expert buying tips about Bacon Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I purchased their chocolate pudding cup pack from Walmart. Needless to say every single one that I have opened, out of the three so far, are half full. The pudding cups were not filled to the top. This is a ripoff and I am very disappointed in Great Value as I do purchase their other items with no problems.

Original review: March 17, 2016

Maple, because it's maple. It's Walmart's own brand, of course they always have it! Fried on the stove top. Maple syrup with bacon proves to be a winning combination. Flip it when it becomes dark and firm on the one side.

Original review: March 17, 2016

I like hickory smoked bacon and I like it crispy but not burned. I like the cut a little thicker than thin. I know people microwave it, but that's not the way I prefer it. They always have the store brand, all you get with name brand is in paying for the name. It all comes from a hog after all. Fried on the stove top. No special preparation, I just use low heat to get the fat hot so it doesn't stick to the pan. After cooking it, I use paper towels to dry as much grease off as I can. It is very expensive and that's the reason I don't have it all the time. I like it in the morning sometimes, and if I can't figure something out for supper once in awhile I make bacon, eggs and toast. I don't try actually flipping it as it shrinks so I just kind of turn it over.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Great Value?

Original review: March 17, 2016

Original and smoked. I think they have a great bacon flavor. It's not just that flavor but you can also taste the bacon. It's not if overpowering. They always have it unless the price is on sale and it's a super low-but you can get a raincheck and get it at a later time. Baked in the oven. I place it side by side and monitor it for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees in the oven. It makes such a difference. Most of the times is just too expensive to buy and I usually wait for a sale to come on. If they were more affordable I would probably buy it more often. I usually buy the Great Value bacon or sometimes when it's on sale I can also get the Farmer John. I like buying either one the cooks very well in the oven when it's being baked. It does not fall apart it doesn't stick. You just have to put parchment paper. Flavors are great even though it's a cheap brand. It serves its purpose.

Original review: March 17, 2016

My grocer does stock the brand that I prefer, but the price varies quite a bit from week to week. Fortunately, I'm not that fussy and willing to try what's on sale. Cast iron pan with a channel for the grease to pool away from the bacon is my preferred method, cooked on the broil setting and extra spices are not necessary. Too expensive would cause me to switch brands, so would inconsistent flavour from batch to batch. If the price became too high, I might look for alternatives.

Great Value expert review by Jim Angelus

Founded in 1962, Walmart is one of the largest retailers in the world, and has a focus on providing affordable products for consumers. Walmart features a variety of bacon for sale at its stores.

• Low prices: Walmart ensures its bacon is accessible to the large market with reasonable price points.

• Low sodium options: Walmart offers bacon containing at least 40% less sodium than its traditional bacon options.

• Numerous choices: From hickory smoked bacon to turkey bacon, Walmart's Great Value bacon covers a wide range of tastes and dietary needs.

• Widely available: Walmart is located worldwide.

• Money back guarantee: If a customer finds a problem with the bacon or is not satisfied, it can be easily returned.

• Best for: Classic bacon lovers, Traditional bacon eaters, value seekers and those who need a low sodium option.

Profile picture of Jim Angelus
Jim Angelus Bacon Contributing Editor

Jim Angelus has 25 plus years of restaurant experience, and he brings this experience to his food truck. Bacon Bacon is a place where foodies and bacon lovers generally can find mouthwatering meals in a friendly atmosphere. Jim opened his food truck in 2010. It is now a popular bay area food truck and sandwich shop, open seven days a week for breakfast and lunch. Bacon Bacon has appeared on Food Network, CNN and Discovery Network. Most important to Jim, he has a successful business that allows him participate in the industry he is most passionate about and be home in time to put dinner on his family’s table.

Great Value Company Information