2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Goya Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goya Foods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goya Foods?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Just recently I discovered little black insects crawling in the Quaker Oatmeal we bought. We decide to look at our other packaged products in our home and found the same tiny insects in Goya Masarepa product that we always buy in ShopRite. It was disgusting! We also noticed the same insects were in the Kirkland Organic Quinoa we bought in Costco just a week ago. It makes me furious to know that we spend money purchasing products that are a possible health risk to the public. I will be contacting Costco and ShopRite in regards to these products and the companies. I am not buying these products again! Clearly these foods are contaminated. I can only imagine how filthy the packaging facilities are if I'm finding bugs in my packaged products. I wish there was way to get these products recalled immediately so no one else flies through this.

Original review: May 19, 2017

When adding Goya Black beans to the pan I found small pieces of what I believe to be beef. How would beef end up in a can of vegetarian black beans?? Makes me wonder what else could end up in their cans. I don't think I will buy their canned beans again.

Original review: May 17, 2017

Cooked some rice and was going to add my green pigeon peas from Goya. Upon opening the can 95% of the way, I let the liquid flow out while holding the top lid so peas don't fall out. Then when I opened up the lid to rinse them, I immediately see this long maggot on the side. Absolutely disgusting! I have been a customer for Goya products most of my life and I cannot recall how many times I have had this same product, I just never ever actually looked through it or noticed maggots before so I hope to God I didn't ingest anything unknowingly. I then removed the maggot and tossed it in the garbage. I emptied out the entire can on a bag to see if there were more but there was no more to be found. I tossed it all out, ate my rice plain so I don't waste it.

Really disappointing. I understand this can happen and upon investigating, it has happened too many times. Unfortunately I will stop buying Goya products especially the canned pigeon peas. I will thoroughly look better next time from whatever brand I buy. I am at work and I cannot submit receipt at this time but feel free to contact me and I will happily provide it if I can't add it later. For the record, I bought it at Tony's on 4137 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60618. I have another can at home, I will probably boil those if I find nothing inside and then consume it so I don't waste it.

Original review: May 11, 2017

This is not the first time I have discovered weevils in the GOYA barley I have purchased. It is getting harder and harder to find in any brand in the stores, so I buy several bags when I do find it. I have contained the weevils in the original bag in a mayonnaise jar hoping to speak to someone in customer service, but have not been able to reach any live person. PLEASE HELP! The last purchase was for 4-5 bags and 3 of them had weevils in them which are still hatching!! PHOTO ATTACHED. It is hard to believe but they drill through a hard piece of barley and deposit an egg. When it hatches it comes out and leaves a drilled hole in each piece of barley. Pretty soon you have a bunch of what looks to be sawdust from the barley drilling in the bottom of bag. Then the hatched weevils drill their way through the plastic bag and getting into your cupboards!! (Getting out of the bag is a piece of cake compared to drilling into barley!!)

Original review: Nov. 12, 2016

I found a worm in the Goya green pigeon beans when I was moving the beans around. This is disgusting. I've seen others complained about this and nothing has been done. I will see if I can sue the industry. I'm tired of this.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2016

Ayyyyy Goya! I love corned beef. But if the key breaks, there is no easy way to open the can. Would you consider making the can round? I posted a comment on my Facebook and discovered that there are many people with the same sentiment. Finally enjoying my white rice and corned beef. It's an amazing product that is a staple in the Latin kitchen. Thanks for listening.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2016

I bought a bag of Goya rice yesterday trying to stretch the meals for the week. When I made the first pot is when I found a maggot in the medium Goya rice. I found it because I went to eat my food and there it was. So I went to the pot and there they all was it was, so nasty. I've been using Goya since I was 13 and never had this happen. It's wrong 'cause other families feed their kids this kind of rice. I'm never buying it again. If I wanted to eat maggots I would have bought them but I bought rice, not maggots and this bag said it expires 2018 which at that point one fell out the bag.

Original review: June 1, 2016

I've been a customer of Goya for many years. I had a question about their Goya Cola Champagne. Everyone I call, no matter what time of day it is, I get voicemail. Seriously? Customer Service, voicemail only. Why are you guys hiding from your customers. Your success depends on us. If you leave a message they don't bother to call you back. They must have a big RED delete button on their phones and press it all day long!! Very disappointed in your service. Hey, everyone buy from another company that cares about their customers.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I bought Goya Ceviche seasoning at HEB and it say it expires in 2017 so I used more than half of the bottle but I had a little bit and I pour it in some meat and string of white and mold string came out and was so disgusted by it. I will never buy Goya again no matter what it is...

Original review: Dec. 2, 2015

My grandmother was cooking and used half a can of Goya Canned Tomato Sauce. After adding it to the dish, she found a small piece of metal that resembles a small colander that you would find on a piece of machinery. In the past she has found an identical piece of metal in another can of tomato sauce. I hear bad reviews like this about Goya pretty often. We will no longer be buying Goya products after this second encounter.

Goya Foods Company Information