2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Goya Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goya Foods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goya Foods?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We cooked and ate half a can of Goya garbanzo beans. Some of the beans had a green tint but didn’t smell so we still used them. When putting the other half away, we found a bug in the can. This is the first and last time I’m buying Goya products. Disgusting!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I just call Goya and ACME supermarket in Philadelphia Bustleton Ave store. I opened a small can of chickpeas with the pop top lid. It was difficult to open then it horrible death smell blew out of the can and sprayed like a bottle of soda all over the kitchen table and chairs. I was stunned. I opened all the windows on the first floor. I gave them the lot number. Never experienced anything remotely like this in my 60 years.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I recently purchased green pigeons peas with expiration date Sept 2021. When I went to open the can it had a caterpillar inside. This needs to be checked because before we sealing these cans up we need to check for bug infestation like caterpillar bean eaters. It was dead and it just gross. Gs1/Upc 041331120012. Gotta check examine our products before we cook.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Worm inside Gandules can. Recently purchased from Shoprite in PA with an expiration of September 2021. I've never been so grossed out! I submitted a complaint to Goya.com and await their response. Please be careful when you purchase canned products.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I was cutting up some chipotle peppers from a can of Goya’s chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and found what appeared to be a cigarette butt. I tore it to shreds and surely it seems to be one. I understand that it must be a huge facility and hard to completely regulate, but are these people smoking inside and throwing the butts into the product?

Original review: March 28, 2018

I am very disgusted with Goya. I opened a can of Green Pigeon Peas to make rice and beans. I look in the can and see a big maguey worm floating at the top. I called their customers service and they hung up on me. I have left messages, nothing. If a worm that big ends up in a can. It makes me wonder how clean is their processing center. Disgusting. I hope the CEO spends all eternity opening cans of beans with worms as big as the one I had in my can. I will never buy Goya again.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I usually make a lot of rice due to my husband being very picky. I usually make 7 cups at a time. I opened the green pigeon pea beans can and poured it in the rice. As I went to stir the rice I noticed something floating. I picked it up and it was a worm! So grossed out and mad I threw that entire pan out!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My husband and I found an actual lightbulb in a can of chickpeas/garbanzo. We called the quality hotline immediately and the rep treated us like pranksters. We were shocked and couldn't believe they would want to downplay the incident by treating us like liars instead of seriously investigating to ensure other consumers did not have similar issues. We offered to mail in the items but were not taken seriously. We found a light bulb but they didn't seem concerned enough that another piece of equipment from the factory line could have fallen out in a nearby can. What if a smaller piece went unnoticed in a child's meal?! Why bother having a quality hotline?

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I was about to cook the red beans when I sat it down and noticed something on the surface. I struggled to empty out the remains and saw something very disturbing. I don't want to eat from Goya anymore???

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

Went to soak my garbanzos this evening to make a stew tomorrow and as I fill the bowl with water to rinse them they were infested with beetles. Upon googling the description of the beetle it turns out that the infestation occurs during storage which makes you wonder how clean and well kept these Goya facilities are. I had a second bag of Goya garbanzos and upon further inspection there were live bugs in there as well. Will never purchase anything Goya ever again. I will be returning this to Publix tomorrow morning.

Goya Foods Company Information