3.8/5 (176 ratings)

About Goya Foods

Goya Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goya Foods?

Original review: Dec. 24, 2022

I found a worm in my green pigeon peas! Gross!!! It looked like a mealworm you feed a lizard. Nasty. I don’t think I will be buying anything Goya anymore. It was very disturbing. We had to throw away. I'm disappointed and sad.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I found a worm in my green pigeon peas! Gross!!! It looked like a meal worm you feed a lizard. Nasty. I don’t think I will be buying anything Goya anymore. It was very disturbing. Who knows if there a worm in other ones that I already purchased and didn’t notice!

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

Very impressed with the quality and taste of all the Goya products I have tried. The black beans are excellent and love the juices and sauces as well. I find I can't go wrong with this brand and use them frequently.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Cannot believe Ralph's, Food For Less, Walmart, Target, Instacart, etc. STILL selling Goya products. The new scam being 'no returns'; excuses based on the flu scam. These companies are not accountable... still prices rising. Does someone, or possibly many, have to die from tainted food. Goya KNOWS but simply does not have an iota of integrity. Twelve cans each of organic (haha) black beans, cannelloni, garbanzo and a dozen cartons of organic (haha) coconut water that made me vomit. $108 dollars. I prefer to starve or eat home sprouted beans and rice till I die... as I'm preparing for things to get worse. We all want refunds or coupons for Sprouts markets.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I ditched Goya years ago because they have poor quality and taste. They live off their advertising but their food is substandard. I buy Eden now. They're non GMO, organic, a superior product I love and supported for years. Goya is just cheap crappy 'food'.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Ok so I purchased this brand, and really, I was so very disappointed in this. Quality is just not there. No taste. No freshness. I know it's a can of bean, but still. I am so very disappointed. I saw someone praising these beans and really thought they would be a great purchase, but no. Not recommended. Find an alternative.

Original review: April 6, 2020

I was eating my lunch today & chewed on something really hard. I took it out of my mouth to see what it was, it was a small SHARP piece of glass. I’m not sure if it was in the rice or in the beans, but BOTH were Goya Brand.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I grew up in Miami and am married to a Salvadoran. I have eaten a lot of Pupusas. Goya’s Pupusas are from El Salvador....So what the hell happened?. No wonder Goya is pulling so many single stars on this website. It’s possibly because any less and you can’t complete the review. Wake up GOYA, you have a brand name to protect. I’m sure your quality is good. WHAT ABOUT TASTE? I’ve had plenty of Goya products (years ago) and they were fine. For what we paid in Tacoma, Washington....“We wuz robbed”. No more customer for you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I bought a 4lb bag of dry black beans yesterday and made 2lbs in the instant pot. I did rinse them, but I warmed up beans today and half way through bit down on a rock. Needless to say, I’m throwing away all that are cooked and not cooked, especially after seeing all of the other reviews. Something should be done about the quality control for Goya!!!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I went to the ShopRite on Vailsgate in New Windsor NY. I bought a can of coconut green pigeon peas and found a large worm in the can. I called the Goya company and complained. Very disappointed with Goya...I will stick to making mash potatoes for my kids instead.

Goya Foods Company Information