Goya Foods

Compare Food Products

Research top Food Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Just recently I discovered little black insects crawling in the Quaker Oatmeal we bought. We decide to look at our other packaged products in our home and found the same tiny insects in Goya Masarepa product that we always buy in ShopRite. It was disgusting! We also noticed the same insects were in the Kirkland Organic Quinoa we bought in Costco just a week ago. It makes me furious to know that we spend money purchasing products that are a possible health risk to the public. I will be contacting Costco and ShopRite in regards to these products and the companies. I am not buying these products again! Clearly these foods are contaminated. I can only imagine how filthy the packaging facilities are if I'm finding bugs in my packaged products. I wish there was way to get these products recalled immediately so no one else flies through this.

When adding Goya Black beans to the pan I found small pieces of what I believe to be beef. How would beef end up in a can of vegetarian black beans?? Makes me wonder what else could end up in their cans. I don't think I will buy their canned beans again.

Cooked some rice and was going to add my green pigeon peas from Goya. Upon opening the can 95% of the way, I let the liquid flow out while holding the top lid so peas don't fall out. Then when I opened up the lid to rinse them, I immediately see this long maggot on the side. Absolutely disgusting! I have been a customer for Goya products most of my life and I cannot recall how many times I have had this same product, I just never ever actually looked through it or noticed maggots before so I hope to God I didn't ingest anything unknowingly. I then removed the maggot and tossed it in the garbage. I emptied out the entire can on a bag to see if there were more but there was no more to be found. I tossed it all out, ate my rice plain so I don't waste it.

Really disappointing. I understand this can happen and upon investigating, it has happened too many times. Unfortunately I will stop buying Goya products especially the canned pigeon peas. I will thoroughly look better next time from whatever brand I buy. I am at work and I cannot submit receipt at this time but feel free to contact me and I will happily provide it if I can't add it later. For the record, I bought it at Tony's on 4137 N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL 60618. I have another can at home, I will probably boil those if I find nothing inside and then consume it so I don't waste it.

This is not the first time I have discovered weevils in the GOYA barley I have purchased. It is getting harder and harder to find in any brand in the stores, so I buy several bags when I do find it. I have contained the weevils in the original bag in a mayonnaise jar hoping to speak to someone in customer service, but have not been able to reach any live person. PLEASE HELP! The last purchase was for 4-5 bags and 3 of them had weevils in them which are still hatching!! PHOTO ATTACHED. It is hard to believe but they drill through a hard piece of barley and deposit an egg. When it hatches it comes out and leaves a drilled hole in each piece of barley. Pretty soon you have a bunch of what looks to be sawdust from the barley drilling in the bottom of bag. Then the hatched weevils drill their way through the plastic bag and getting into your cupboards!! (Getting out of the bag is a piece of cake compared to drilling into barley!!)

I found a worm in the Goya green pigeon beans when I was moving the beans around. This is disgusting. I've seen others complained about this and nothing has been done. I will see if I can sue the industry. I'm tired of this.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goya Foods?

Ayyyyy Goya! I love corned beef. But if the key breaks, there is no easy way to open the can. Would you consider making the can round? I posted a comment on my Facebook and discovered that there are many people with the same sentiment. Finally enjoying my white rice and corned beef. It's an amazing product that is a staple in the Latin kitchen. Thanks for listening.

I bought a bag of Goya rice yesterday trying to stretch the meals for the week. When I made the first pot is when I found a maggot in the medium Goya rice. I found it because I went to eat my food and there it was. So I went to the pot and there they all was it was, so nasty. I've been using Goya since I was 13 and never had this happen. It's wrong 'cause other families feed their kids this kind of rice. I'm never buying it again. If I wanted to eat maggots I would have bought them but I bought rice, not maggots and this bag said it expires 2018 which at that point one fell out the bag.

I've been a customer of Goya for many years. I had a question about their Goya Cola Champagne. Everyone I call, no matter what time of day it is, I get voicemail. Seriously? Customer Service, voicemail only. Why are you guys hiding from your customers. Your success depends on us. If you leave a message they don't bother to call you back. They must have a big RED delete button on their phones and press it all day long!! Very disappointed in your service. Hey, everyone buy from another company that cares about their customers.

I bought Goya Ceviche seasoning at HEB and it say it expires in 2017 so I used more than half of the bottle but I had a little bit and I pour it in some meat and string of white and mold string came out and was so disgusted by it. I will never buy Goya again no matter what it is...

My grandmother was cooking and used half a can of Goya Canned Tomato Sauce. After adding it to the dish, she found a small piece of metal that resembles a small colander that you would find on a piece of machinery. In the past she has found an identical piece of metal in another can of tomato sauce. I hear bad reviews like this about Goya pretty often. We will no longer be buying Goya products after this second encounter.

I was making Arroz con Gandules, and when I poured the beans in my sauteed garlic, onion, and peppers, something big and green poured out of the bean can and it was a gross meal worm. My entire family is so grossed out by this. They don't want to look at this dish again... the expiration date on can is 2019. There is a bunch of these same complaints. Goya should not be in business if you can't keep bugs and worms out. It is disgusting and we will never buy Goya products again. That goes for anyone I know that is aware of this happening. Clean up your act Goya...

I purchased a can of green pigeon peas (gandules) and decided to rinse them before I placed them into my rice to cook, As I shook out all the beans, out popped a big nasty meal worm. I was horrified that this could have ended up in my food and the expiration date says 2018. I don't understand how this thing got into that can.

I bought a set of 6 Malta Goya at a local store. Today I was drinking from one of the bottles and I took a pick on the inside. I found this thing, I can't figure out what it is. I can attach the picture for your review. Pretty disgusting. I was not able to determine what it is but I will never drink Malta Goya again.

Black beans in the can all mush, skins off, smells like sulfur, top all liquid & the rest all solid. All 10 cans are the same -TERRIBLE AND ROTTEN. NO RETURN CALL FROM GOYA. DONE WITH THEM.

Last night, brought two cans of Goya gondolas, pour both in pot and cut up my onions and green peppers and seasoned them with garlic, sazon, etc. Anyway, while I was stirring up the ingredients I noticed something long and green I thought it was a stem, so I pick it out, it was a long nasty worm. I show my friend who was here with me. She was disgusted just as much as I was. After last night I don't think I will buy anymore Goya products especially after reading other reviews, and turns out in the sofrito jar, there wasn't supposed to be meat inside it and I seen I plenty of times but never thought anything of it, until today I'm so disgusted.

I brought a can of gandules and as I emptied the can in pot I noticed a worm, a maggot. I was so disgusted cause I always eat these beans making me think is why I've been so sick lately. This is unfair to parents like me. Come on this is so gross. How would you like to eat worms?

I went to Fancy Fruits in East Colonial, bought my gandules, Goya as usual. I opened the can, put my bean to cook and for my surprise, I found a disgusting long worm in my gandules. I used to buy Goya products, but after this disgusting experience, myself, my family and friends no longer purchase Goya products. This happen like 2 wks ago. Till today I'm unable to eat beans. I get sick to my stomach.

I recently bought a 10 pack Malta Goya from a local supermarket and on opening one of them I found an object that look like a long piece of a dead reptile. Can provide a photo, and was so disgusting that I immediately dry retched. How could a company continue to be in business when so many complaints have been lodged against so many of their products? It is so wrong that they have not been brought to task?

Found a worm in the can of Goya pigeon peas and got sick to my stomach.

I found a worm in one of the Goya gandules can. It was nasty disgusting. Who knows how many we ate before I found that one.

Around late November 2014, I purchased a bag of Goya jasmine rice at shoprite. When I went to rinse the rice, small bugs that looked like ants came floating to the top of water. I couldn't believe it. I poured that batch out and to be sure the ant like bugs did not come from my sink I poured more rice in a container and lo and behold there were several more! It was the most disgusting thing! I can't get the image out of my mind. I haven't had rice since.

This was so disgusting as I'm cooking I'm thinking why is there meat in my white rice?! And looked in the jar and see little pieces of meat in the Goya Sofrito which clearly doesn't have meat products in it. Very, very, very disgusting. I'm very much don't with Goya!

Bought a bag of Goya Brand Broccoli from a local mini-market. Brought the bag home and cooked with it. Turns out, the broccoli had a terribly fishy smell and tasted like innards of a fish too. I don't know if this is a problem with my local corner store or fine folks over at Goya. After reading all the reviews on this website, it's hard to tell because both seem equally likely. Living in Puerto Rico, where there is a huge Goya manufacturing plant, it seems like it might be difficult avoiding Goya products altogether. But I will definitely be suspicious of the brand from here onward.

On June 16, 2014 I opened a can of GOYA Pigeon Peas, and noticed a meaty object floating on the top. I thought to myself, please let this be bacon, but I didn't recall the can saying it contained bacon. I was immediately sick to my stomach. But before I got my stomach more upset, I called my husband in to examined and hopefully clarify what I thought was bacon was really bacon. NOT, he removed the "thing" and it was a worm!!!! I immediately called GOYA and all they did was apologize and stated they would issue a refund. But I see there are many of these cases and I believe something should be done!!!! This is Crazy!!

Today 03/23/2014 Nasty Worm inside Goya can. I WANT REPORT TO FDA..

Today, I went to make pink beans, always from Goya, to pour over white rice! Found two bugs! Never again buying Goya beans, I'm grossed out...

On 2/13/2014 went to Walmart to make shopping food. I bought Malta Goya for my kids like usual but this time when my son 9 yrs old took a sip of the Malta he brought it to me and says, "Mommy, this Malta tastes bad and there is something inside." I was like "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS?" I had nausea at that moment but when I empty the bottle was something so nasty... In description it looks like a piece of brain something like that... Of course I don't really know what it is so I went to Walmart and I ask to talk to the manager and they did pay attention to the problem. I file a report and Walmart is going to send it to the laboratory to see what it is. I will never buy any Goya products ever. Thanks to God my son is fine.

Saturday, September 21, 2013 at around 5 pm, my husband went to the local supermarket to purchase a can of Goya Gandules Verdes -Green Pigeon Peas only to find a worm inside. My husband always washes anything we purchase in a can. He is always very careful when preparing food. I was shocked and disgusted only to find out through Consumer Affairs there were more incidents like our experience. Goya Foods should really look into their quality control before a consumer eats their products and gets violently ill or worse. We should all write to Goya Foods and let them know this is a serious and concerning matter. Better yet, we should take this to the Food and Drug Administration if this product is being packaged in another country.

I was making Goya red beans, but when I put in some Goya Sofrito for flavor, I noticed some meaty chunks in the sauce. At first I thought it was from the beans, but when I inspected the Sofrito, I fished out some more from the jar! I read the ingredients on the label but no meat-based products were listed. To make it even worse, I noticed that some of the the chunks were cylindrical slices, which I automatically thought was a tail! I was so disgusted and disappointed, and I can't believe that I came close to feeding my four-year-old and my pregnant self this contaminated food. Goya: you are a disgrace!

I have been trying to speak with someone at Goya about GMO corn and if it is used in any of their products. I don't believe Goya has anyone who works at Consumer Affairs. I have tried many times and left name and telephone number on a MACHINE. I guess I'll stop buying Goya products. To date, I have not heard from Goya.

Goya Foods Company Profile