2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

Goya Foods Reviews

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I bought a 4lb bag of dry black beans yesterday and made 2lbs in the instant pot. I did rinse them, but I warmed up beans today and half way through bit down on a rock. Needless to say, I’m throwing away all that are cooked and not cooked, especially after seeing all of the other reviews. Something should be done about the quality control for Goya!!!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I went to the ShopRite on Vailsgate in New Windsor NY. I bought a can of coconut green pigeon peas and found a large worm in the can. I called the Goya company and complained. Very disappointed with Goya...I will stick to making mash potatoes for my kids instead.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I am a business owner trying to obtain an account and delivery with Goya for the last 4 months. There is always an excuse by someone as of why my account has not been set up. They keep telling me my delivery will be in on Thursday.. Thursday comes and goes and no delivery. Three days go by and no one even calls me. I call and they say. “Oh the guy is on vacation”!! Wait another 2 weeks.. oh the account has still not been set up! Two weeks later, "you can now order". Oh finally I tell myself, placed the order.. "You will get the order Thursday. I will call you when we have a time". Thursday morning goes by so I call.. at what time. "I dont know yet but I will let you know as soon as I know". "Okay.. but my order is on the truck right? They will be here?" "Yes yes".

3:00 pm now and nothing so I call back. "We close at 4 pm.." "Are you still coming?" "Yes, yes but the truck is still an hr away from town.. so if you want we can have them come back tomorrow"!! What? No!! No!! I will wait just make sure they will come. 7:30pm. I text where is my order. You guys suck!! 8:30pm SUPERVISOR call me. "Just to let you know that your order will be there tomorrow between 7am and 8 am". Oh, so what happened today? "There was a misunderstanding and you order was never in the truck. They will be there tomorrow". I guess so I said. Not like I have a choice.

SUPERVISOR.. “WELL WITH THAT ATTITUDE YOU WONT GET ANYWHERE!!” Seriously!!? WOW! This has to come from top. Workers can not be this careless, irresponsible, disrespectful, and so on unless accepted by the very top. Everyone that works for this people should be embarrassed. I am embarrassed for them just because I am the same race.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I open a can of Goya Green pigeon peas that I just brought from the supermarket. And there is a worm inside. With a best before Sept 2021. It's disgusting. I see from other reviews this been going on for a long time. Without Goya not recalling them. Nasty company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I managed to get two empanadas out of twenty. I followed directions and let them thaw before pulling them apart. Waste of time and money. They cost $2.99 each 10 pack and come frozen. The directions state let them thaw before separating. Very bad product. The dough will tear and shred leaving you with a mangled mess. It says to roll them but that is impossible and makes the dough worse. Do not purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goya Foods?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

We cooked and ate half a can of Goya garbanzo beans. Some of the beans had a green tint but didn’t smell so we still used them. When putting the other half away, we found a bug in the can. This is the first and last time I’m buying Goya products. Disgusting!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I just call Goya and ACME supermarket in Philadelphia Bustleton Ave store. I opened a small can of chickpeas with the pop top lid. It was difficult to open then it horrible death smell blew out of the can and sprayed like a bottle of soda all over the kitchen table and chairs. I was stunned. I opened all the windows on the first floor. I gave them the lot number. Never experienced anything remotely like this in my 60 years.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I recently purchased green pigeons peas with expiration date Sept 2021. When I went to open the can it had a caterpillar inside. This needs to be checked because before we sealing these cans up we need to check for bug infestation like caterpillar bean eaters. It was dead and it just gross. Gs1/Upc 041331120012. Gotta check examine our products before we cook.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Worm inside Gandules can. Recently purchased from Shoprite in PA with an expiration of September 2021. I've never been so grossed out! I submitted a complaint to Goya.com and await their response. Please be careful when you purchase canned products.

Original review: April 1, 2018

I was cutting up some chipotle peppers from a can of Goya’s chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and found what appeared to be a cigarette butt. I tore it to shreds and surely it seems to be one. I understand that it must be a huge facility and hard to completely regulate, but are these people smoking inside and throwing the butts into the product?

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Goya Foods Company Information