2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.13/5

Goya Foods Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goya Foods?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goya Foods?

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Cannot believe Ralph's, Food For Less, Walmart, Target, Instacart, etc. STILL selling Goya products. The new scam being 'no returns'; excuses based on the flu scam. These companies are not accountable... still prices rising. Does someone, or possibly many, have to die from tainted food. Goya KNOWS but simply does not have an iota of integrity. Twelve cans each of organic (haha) black beans, cannelloni, garbanzo and a dozen cartons of organic (haha) coconut water that made me vomit. $108 dollars. I prefer to starve or eat home sprouted beans and rice till I die... as I'm preparing for things to get worse. We all want refunds or coupons for Sprouts markets.

Original review: July 18, 2020

I ditched Goya years ago because they have poor quality and taste. They live off their advertising but their food is substandard. I buy Eden now. They're non GMO, organic, a superior product I love and supported for years. Goya is just cheap crappy 'food'.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 17, 2020

Ok so I purchased this brand, and really, I was so very disappointed in this. Quality is just not there. No taste. No freshness. I know it's a can of bean, but still. I am so very disappointed. I saw someone praising these beans and really thought they would be a great purchase, but no. Not recommended. Find an alternative.

Original review: April 6, 2020

I was eating my lunch today & chewed on something really hard. I took it out of my mouth to see what it was, it was a small SHARP piece of glass. I’m not sure if it was in the rice or in the beans, but BOTH were Goya Brand.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2020

I grew up in Miami and am married to a Salvadoran. I have eaten a lot of Pupusas. Goya’s Pupusas are from El Salvador....So what the hell happened?. No wonder Goya is pulling so many single stars on this website. It’s possibly because any less and you can’t complete the review. Wake up GOYA, you have a brand name to protect. I’m sure your quality is good. WHAT ABOUT TASTE? I’ve had plenty of Goya products (years ago) and they were fine. For what we paid in Tacoma, Washington....“We wuz robbed”. No more customer for you.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I bought a 4lb bag of dry black beans yesterday and made 2lbs in the instant pot. I did rinse them, but I warmed up beans today and half way through bit down on a rock. Needless to say, I’m throwing away all that are cooked and not cooked, especially after seeing all of the other reviews. Something should be done about the quality control for Goya!!!

Original review: June 7, 2019

I went to the ShopRite on Vailsgate in New Windsor NY. I bought a can of coconut green pigeon peas and found a large worm in the can. I called the Goya company and complained. Very disappointed with Goya...I will stick to making mash potatoes for my kids instead.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I am a business owner trying to obtain an account and delivery with Goya for the last 4 months. There is always an excuse by someone as of why my account has not been set up. They keep telling me my delivery will be in on Thursday.. Thursday comes and goes and no delivery. Three days go by and no one even calls me. I call and they say. “Oh the guy is on vacation”!! Wait another 2 weeks.. oh the account has still not been set up! Two weeks later, "you can now order". Oh finally I tell myself, placed the order.. "You will get the order Thursday. I will call you when we have a time". Thursday morning goes by so I call.. at what time. "I dont know yet but I will let you know as soon as I know". "Okay.. but my order is on the truck right? They will be here?" "Yes yes".

3:00 pm now and nothing so I call back. "We close at 4 pm.." "Are you still coming?" "Yes, yes but the truck is still an hr away from town.. so if you want we can have them come back tomorrow"!! What? No!! No!! I will wait just make sure they will come. 7:30pm. I text where is my order. You guys suck!! 8:30pm SUPERVISOR call me. "Just to let you know that your order will be there tomorrow between 7am and 8 am". Oh, so what happened today? "There was a misunderstanding and you order was never in the truck. They will be there tomorrow". I guess so I said. Not like I have a choice.

SUPERVISOR.. “WELL WITH THAT ATTITUDE YOU WONT GET ANYWHERE!!” Seriously!!? WOW! This has to come from top. Workers can not be this careless, irresponsible, disrespectful, and so on unless accepted by the very top. Everyone that works for this people should be embarrassed. I am embarrassed for them just because I am the same race.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I open a can of Goya Green pigeon peas that I just brought from the supermarket. And there is a worm inside. With a best before Sept 2021. It's disgusting. I see from other reviews this been going on for a long time. Without Goya not recalling them. Nasty company.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I managed to get two empanadas out of twenty. I followed directions and let them thaw before pulling them apart. Waste of time and money. They cost $2.99 each 10 pack and come frozen. The directions state let them thaw before separating. Very bad product. The dough will tear and shred leaving you with a mangled mess. It says to roll them but that is impossible and makes the dough worse. Do not purchase.

Goya Foods Company Information