Goya Foods

Compare Food Products

Research top Food Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I found a worm in the Goya green pigeon beans when I was moving the beans around. This is disgusting. I've seen others complained about this and nothing has been done. I will see if I can sue the industry. I'm tired of this.

Ayyyyy Goya! I love corned beef. But if the key breaks, there is no easy way to open the can. Would you consider making the can round? I posted a comment on my Facebook and discovered that there are many people with the same sentiment. Finally enjoying my white rice and corned beef. It's an amazing product that is a staple in the Latin kitchen. Thanks for listening.

I bought a bag of Goya rice yesterday trying to stretch the meals for the week. When I made the first pot is when I found a maggot in the medium Goya rice. I found it because I went to eat my food and there it was. So I went to the pot and there they all was it was, so nasty. I've been using Goya since I was 13 and never had this happen. It's wrong 'cause other families feed their kids this kind of rice. I'm never buying it again. If I wanted to eat maggots I would have bought them but I bought rice, not maggots and this bag said it expires 2018 which at that point one fell out the bag.

I've been a customer of Goya for many years. I had a question about their Goya Cola Champagne. Everyone I call, no matter what time of day it is, I get voicemail. Seriously? Customer Service, voicemail only. Why are you guys hiding from your customers. Your success depends on us. If you leave a message they don't bother to call you back. They must have a big RED delete button on their phones and press it all day long!! Very disappointed in your service. Hey, everyone buy from another company that cares about their customers.

I bought Goya Ceviche seasoning at HEB and it say it expires in 2017 so I used more than half of the bottle but I had a little bit and I pour it in some meat and string of white and mold string came out and was so disgusted by it. I will never buy Goya again no matter what it is...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Goya Foods?

My grandmother was cooking and used half a can of Goya Canned Tomato Sauce. After adding it to the dish, she found a small piece of metal that resembles a small colander that you would find on a piece of machinery. In the past she has found an identical piece of metal in another can of tomato sauce. I hear bad reviews like this about Goya pretty often. We will no longer be buying Goya products after this second encounter.

I was making Arroz con Gandules, and when I poured the beans in my sauteed garlic, onion, and peppers, something big and green poured out of the bean can and it was a gross meal worm. My entire family is so grossed out by this. They don't want to look at this dish again... the expiration date on can is 2019. There is a bunch of these same complaints. Goya should not be in business if you can't keep bugs and worms out. It is disgusting and we will never buy Goya products again. That goes for anyone I know that is aware of this happening. Clean up your act Goya...

I purchased a can of green pigeon peas (gandules) and decided to rinse them before I placed them into my rice to cook, As I shook out all the beans, out popped a big nasty meal worm. I was horrified that this could have ended up in my food and the expiration date says 2018. I don't understand how this thing got into that can.

I bought a set of 6 Malta Goya at a local store. Today I was drinking from one of the bottles and I took a pick on the inside. I found this thing, I can't figure out what it is. I can attach the picture for your review. Pretty disgusting. I was not able to determine what it is but I will never drink Malta Goya again.

Black beans in the can all mush, skins off, smells like sulfur, top all liquid & the rest all solid. All 10 cans are the same -TERRIBLE AND ROTTEN. NO RETURN CALL FROM GOYA. DONE WITH THEM.

Last night, brought two cans of Goya gondolas, pour both in pot and cut up my onions and green peppers and seasoned them with garlic, sazon, etc. Anyway, while I was stirring up the ingredients I noticed something long and green I thought it was a stem, so I pick it out, it was a long nasty worm. I show my friend who was here with me. She was disgusted just as much as I was. After last night I don't think I will buy anymore Goya products especially after reading other reviews, and turns out in the sofrito jar, there wasn't supposed to be meat inside it and I seen I plenty of times but never thought anything of it, until today I'm so disgusted.

I brought a can of gandules and as I emptied the can in pot I noticed a worm, a maggot. I was so disgusted cause I always eat these beans making me think is why I've been so sick lately. This is unfair to parents like me. Come on this is so gross. How would you like to eat worms?

I went to Fancy Fruits in East Colonial, bought my gandules, Goya as usual. I opened the can, put my bean to cook and for my surprise, I found a disgusting long worm in my gandules. I used to buy Goya products, but after this disgusting experience, myself, my family and friends no longer purchase Goya products. This happen like 2 wks ago. Till today I'm unable to eat beans. I get sick to my stomach.

I recently bought a 10 pack Malta Goya from a local supermarket and on opening one of them I found an object that look like a long piece of a dead reptile. Can provide a photo, and was so disgusting that I immediately dry retched. How could a company continue to be in business when so many complaints have been lodged against so many of their products? It is so wrong that they have not been brought to task?

Found a worm in the can of Goya pigeon peas and got sick to my stomach.

I found a worm in one of the Goya gandules can. It was nasty disgusting. Who knows how many we ate before I found that one.

Around late November 2014, I purchased a bag of Goya jasmine rice at shoprite. When I went to rinse the rice, small bugs that looked like ants came floating to the top of water. I couldn't believe it. I poured that batch out and to be sure the ant like bugs did not come from my sink I poured more rice in a container and lo and behold there were several more! It was the most disgusting thing! I can't get the image out of my mind. I haven't had rice since.

This was so disgusting as I'm cooking I'm thinking why is there meat in my white rice?! And looked in the jar and see little pieces of meat in the Goya Sofrito which clearly doesn't have meat products in it. Very, very, very disgusting. I'm very much don't with Goya!

Bought a bag of Goya Brand Broccoli from a local mini-market. Brought the bag home and cooked with it. Turns out, the broccoli had a terribly fishy smell and tasted like innards of a fish too. I don't know if this is a problem with my local corner store or fine folks over at Goya. After reading all the reviews on this website, it's hard to tell because both seem equally likely. Living in Puerto Rico, where there is a huge Goya manufacturing plant, it seems like it might be difficult avoiding Goya products altogether. But I will definitely be suspicious of the brand from here onward.

On June 16, 2014 I opened a can of GOYA Pigeon Peas, and noticed a meaty object floating on the top. I thought to myself, please let this be bacon, but I didn't recall the can saying it contained bacon. I was immediately sick to my stomach. But before I got my stomach more upset, I called my husband in to examined and hopefully clarify what I thought was bacon was really bacon. NOT, he removed the "thing" and it was a worm!!!! I immediately called GOYA and all they did was apologize and stated they would issue a refund. But I see there are many of these cases and I believe something should be done!!!! This is Crazy!!

Today 03/23/2014 Nasty Worm inside Goya can. I WANT REPORT TO FDA..

Today, I went to make pink beans, always from Goya, to pour over white rice! Found two bugs! Never again buying Goya beans, I'm grossed out...

On 2/13/2014 went to Walmart to make shopping food. I bought Malta Goya for my kids like usual but this time when my son 9 yrs old took a sip of the Malta he brought it to me and says, "Mommy, this Malta tastes bad and there is something inside." I was like "OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS?" I had nausea at that moment but when I empty the bottle was something so nasty... In description it looks like a piece of brain something like that... Of course I don't really know what it is so I went to Walmart and I ask to talk to the manager and they did pay attention to the problem. I file a report and Walmart is going to send it to the laboratory to see what it is. I will never buy any Goya products ever. Thanks to God my son is fine.

Saturday, September 21, 2013 at around 5 pm, my husband went to the local supermarket to purchase a can of Goya Gandules Verdes -Green Pigeon Peas only to find a worm inside. My husband always washes anything we purchase in a can. He is always very careful when preparing food. I was shocked and disgusted only to find out through Consumer Affairs there were more incidents like our experience. Goya Foods should really look into their quality control before a consumer eats their products and gets violently ill or worse. We should all write to Goya Foods and let them know this is a serious and concerning matter. Better yet, we should take this to the Food and Drug Administration if this product is being packaged in another country.

I was making Goya red beans, but when I put in some Goya Sofrito for flavor, I noticed some meaty chunks in the sauce. At first I thought it was from the beans, but when I inspected the Sofrito, I fished out some more from the jar! I read the ingredients on the label but no meat-based products were listed. To make it even worse, I noticed that some of the the chunks were cylindrical slices, which I automatically thought was a tail! I was so disgusted and disappointed, and I can't believe that I came close to feeding my four-year-old and my pregnant self this contaminated food. Goya: you are a disgrace!

I have been trying to speak with someone at Goya about GMO corn and if it is used in any of their products. I don't believe Goya has anyone who works at Consumer Affairs. I have tried many times and left name and telephone number on a MACHINE. I guess I'll stop buying Goya products. To date, I have not heard from Goya.

When we bought our cans of Cannellini beans at Walmart, we were happy to be heading home to have rice and beans. However, when we opened the can, there was a gob of black grease inside the can. We immediately threw away the beans. I can send you the can if you like. However, this one time complaint does not preclude us from using Goya products.

I found this site while looking for another post about Goya food. I can't believe this has been an ongoing probably and it hasn't been resolved. Today, Feb. 19, 2013, I was preparing a meal for my family. When I opened a can of Goya pigeon peas, I saw a worm floating at the top. I too screamed (I have never seen any thing like this in my food). I will never ever eat or buy Goya products again. This is so disgusting and to know this has been happening for years makes it even worse. Something needs to be done already!

On February 15, 2013 around 5:30 pm, I found a tan and brown worm inside my Goya Green Pigeon Peas. Before noticing the worm, I tasted the beans a couple of times while cooking it. I noticed the worm while I was serving it to my family. I am so upset and disgusted. I haven't been able to eat anything since this disturbing incident. I am relieved that I noticed the worm before I served it to my family. I kept the can of Goya beans and the worm inside a zip-lock bag in my refrigerator. I will be speaking to a lawyer to see what they recommend I do. Today, I will be returning all the Goya products that I have in my pantry. I will never purchase a Goya product again! I have an upset stomach from being so disgusted. I don't think I'll ever eat beans again!

Hey, Goya, this is what I recently experienced inside a can of Goya beans, a disturbing sight inside the Goya Pigeon Peas. On Wednesday, January 16th at about 6:45 pm, I opened and poured the beans directly into the pot. As I moved the beans around a few times adding salt and other spices, I noticed a large green worm, longer than 1 inch. I screamed so loud that my husband & kids ran over to see what was wrong. We were all in disgust and surprised that this could have been inside a can of Goya beans.

I will now be hesitant in purchasing Goya products and will notify others in my family and friends about this experience. God forbid my family fell victims to an improbable unfortunate disease caused by consuming this parasite! Where is your quality control? I'm upset and disgusted! I would like to know how this happened?

Goya Foods Company Profile