2. Shopping

Gerber Baby Food

Gerber Baby Food
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.85/5

Gerber Baby Food Reviews

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I was making rice for my daughter and found a little yellow sharp rock inside of the rice. I am disgusted and will never give this to her again or anything from Gerber. I noticed it because the rice is white.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I wish I could write a 0 star. We on more then one occasion have now found black hairs in our child's baby food. These containers were new from the store. We shouldn't have to sift thru baby food to see if it's contaminated. How disgusting.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I opened a new, unopened, sealed jar of Gerber baby food meat that was within its date and not expired. I noticed black specks, it was mold! I showed my husband and we were both furious. Still are! This is not safe for babies.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I started to feed my granddaughter some turkey in the jar, she’s always ready to eat. She ate three bites then declined anymore. I thought that was very strange and decided to give it a smell. I smelled what seemed to smell a lot like sewer! I opened another jar, same thing. I opened a total of 4 jars, still sewer smell. I looked inside all of the jars and saw discoloration. I called the poison control center, they told me if her body will not digest it I will know. To look for blood in vomit and stool. To watch her for dehydration. Also, to contact the health department in regards to this and save the jars, that they may want to test them - I will be doing that on Monday.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Gerber has stopped including the lid on pumpkin containers. The pumpkin is never used up in one meal and now without the lid to protect and store the remaining food it is very inconvenient. I guess I will probably have to change what I buy unless the lid comes back. I am very disappointed with the change.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gerber?

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have four kids and have been using Gerber products over 11 years I have never experienced an issue... However upon reading a lot of these reviews some complain of molds but it's the store's problem with selling you expired merchandise. It has nothing to do with Gerber. With that being said it is unfortunate that some people are finding shards of plastic wood and bugs in their food however I I I have never experienced this and all four of my children have been Gerber babies.

Original review: May 29, 2019

As another parent stated on here Gerber “Decided to yank a great product for more packaging. No more stage 3 chicken itty bitty noodle beef veggie or butternut squash 3 stage.” Like what gives? This was the only thing my picky eater ate! What’s the deal with this crap mix your food nonsense with quinoa? So angry right now. I’m searching every store. I’ve even gone on offer-up and nothing. Hopefully they bring it back. Otherwise I’m just gently blending my own mix of food and done with Gerber for good. Refuse to purchase their so called new mix food.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I bought some Gerber banana baby food because that’s all my baby eats. He is eating the supported sitter kind so he normally eats both containers. I fed him the first container and opened the second one to feed him and the baby food was a dark brown. I started smelling an awful smell and knew they was rotten. Please consider reviewing your products before they are sent out. These banana were bad contaminated!

Original review: April 16, 2019

So Gerber has done it again. Decided to yank a great product for more packaging. No more stage 3 chicken itty bitty noodle beef veggie or butternut squash 3 stage. What they’ve replaced it with is a one meal mix and upped the price. Less food and more plastic is basically what they’ve done. That’s not in the best interest to future generations. In fact it’s the opposite. What Gerber is saying is more money for them less food and more plastic. WRONG DIRECTION GERBER. If you truly cared about kids you’d acknowledge the plastic and its effect on our oceans. For shame.

Now on a personal level for me my kid is an 11 yr old disabled preteen who loved your third stage food..and when you yanked them for a higher priced less food product you absolutely caused chaos for me and my son. He refused to eat...I can’t afford the double price for me be meal. We struggled through it. Please understand your food is not just for infants. It also helps the disabled. However I thank you as I have bought a baby food maker from Amazon and now make my own. And trust me when I say I will let everyone know I will scream it out loud. Gerber you are greedy. You have replaced food with plastic.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Tonight I opened a NEW Unopened Jar of Gerber bananas that was within its date and not set to expire until January 7th 2020. I started to feed my son and then noticed a large white and green mass. It was MOLD!!! This is outrageous!! Gerber you just lost another customer!

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Gerber Baby Food Company Information