Gerber Baby Food
3.87/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Gerber Baby Food

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

58 Gerber Baby Food Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Gerber has stopped including the lid on pumpkin containers. The pumpkin is never used up in one meal and now without the lid to protect and store the remaining food it is very inconvenient. I guess I will probably have to change what I buy unless the lid comes back. I am very disappointed with the change.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have four kids and have been using Gerber products over 11 years I have never experienced an issue... However upon reading a lot of these reviews some complain of molds but it's the store's problem with selling you expired merchandise. It has nothing to do with Gerber. With that being said it is unfortunate that some people are finding shards of plastic wood and bugs in their food however I I I have never experienced this and all four of my children have been Gerber babies.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 29, 2019

As another parent stated on here Gerber “Decided to yank a great product for more packaging. No more stage 3 chicken itty bitty noodle beef veggie or butternut squash 3 stage.” Like what gives? This was the only thing my picky eater ate! What’s the deal with this crap mix your food nonsense with quinoa? So angry right now. I’m searching every store. I’ve even gone on offer-up and nothing. Hopefully they bring it back. Otherwise I’m just gently blending my own mix of food and done with Gerber for good. Refuse to purchase their so called new mix food.

Original review: May 14, 2019

I bought some Gerber banana baby food because that’s all my baby eats. He is eating the supported sitter kind so he normally eats both containers. I fed him the first container and opened the second one to feed him and the baby food was a dark brown. I started smelling an awful smell and knew they was rotten. Please consider reviewing your products before they are sent out. These banana were bad contaminated!

Original review: April 16, 2019

So Gerber has done it again. Decided to yank a great product for more packaging. No more stage 3 chicken itty bitty noodle beef veggie or butternut squash 3 stage. What they’ve replaced it with is a one meal mix and upped the price. Less food and more plastic is basically what they’ve done. That’s not in the best interest to future generations. In fact it’s the opposite. What Gerber is saying is more money for them less food and more plastic. WRONG DIRECTION GERBER. If you truly cared about kids you’d acknowledge the plastic and its effect on our oceans. For shame.

Now on a personal level for me my kid is an 11 yr old disabled preteen who loved your third stage food..and when you yanked them for a higher priced less food product you absolutely caused chaos for me and my son. He refused to eat...I can’t afford the double price for me be meal. We struggled through it. Please understand your food is not just for infants. It also helps the disabled. However I thank you as I have bought a baby food maker from Amazon and now make my own. And trust me when I say I will let everyone know I will scream it out loud. Gerber you are greedy. You have replaced food with plastic.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gerber?

Original review: March 27, 2019

Tonight I opened a NEW Unopened Jar of Gerber bananas that was within its date and not set to expire until January 7th 2020. I started to feed my son and then noticed a large white and green mass. It was MOLD!!! This is outrageous!! Gerber you just lost another customer!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

As I was preparing my 10 month old daughter's lunch I poured a few puffs onto her highchair table directly from the puffs container. As she was eating, she began gagging and choking. I swept my finger through her mouth and pulled out the now softened puff but, she was still badly choking so I quickly removed her from her high chair and put her tummy down over my arm to help her clear her throat. At this point her gagging and coughing caused her to spit a square shaped sharp piece of plastic film into my hand.

After the plastic was removed, she began vomiting and her vomit was stained with blood from where this sharp plastic cut her throat or esophagus. We immediately took her to urgent care to be checked. After reading these posts, I saw where another mother posted a piece of plastic film found in her Gerber baby food that looked similar to the material that was in our daughter's throat. Needless to say, we will not be purchasing Gerber products any longer. I will also be calling Gerber Corporate today to report our incident.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2018

I have been using Gerber Lil’ Entrees for about 2 months with no issues until today. When I opened the gently heated tray of food, it appears the meat loaf nuggets have not been cooked! They are very pink and of course I threw it away immediately. Based on previous reviews I won’t even bother contacting Gerber nor will I purchase their products anymore.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I am very upset and disappointed with Gerber at this point. I have been buying their water and mixing it with my daughter formula for the past 6 months only to realize my daughter was throwing up after every feed so I decided to taste the water. It tasted awful and smelled very moldy. Contacted the number on the bottle they asked all these questions and acted as if it’s the first they heard something like this and stated that they will refund the cost. Now only to check their reviews online and see other complaints about the same thing. This is very bad and I’m so upset at the fact that my daughter have been drinking their water for 6 months, so I can just imagine how much of this moldy smelly water she have drank over that period of time. I’m furious. Be careful of their water and they seem to be doing nothing about it than to refund purchases and issue coupons. Not acceptable at all.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

Gerber graduates chicken mashed potatoes and carrots - This was supposed to be chicken mashed potatoes and carrots. I heated it for 25 seconds, and this is what it looked like when I pulled the cover off... I almost vomited! I will never buy another Gerber product. This isn't the first time I've bought bad food and I'm sick of it! I'm not sure how it's even possible for carrots to form that shape.

Gerber Baby Food Company Information