2. Shopping

Gerber Baby Food
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Gerber Baby Food Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gerber Baby Food?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gerber?

Original review: May 24, 2020

I purchased Gerber turkey baby food for my cat. I would add water to it so he would be hydrated. Last week he had it and then had food poisoning..I had to rush him to his veterinarian...It was touch and go for a couple of days, he almost died..Never buy gerber baby food.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Today I opened a sealed food jar for my 7m old, Organic Sweet Potato Apple Carrot & Cinnamon by Gerber. Not first time or anything, my baby has been eating them since 4m, we buy them from local big markets. My poor baby was enjoying it because he loves apples and sweet potatoes, he finished more than half of it and then on the next spoon I saw the straight, thick, black hair!! Me and my son have not blond but light colored very fine hair. I could not believe my eyes, did not want to believe it from such a baby-friendly famous brand.

I am also worried like what if my baby gets sick from the dirty food? How you producing these?? I would not be this frustrated if it was my food but my poor baby? I have been crying, yes because it is my baby who did not have a clue why we stopped even though he was enjoying it so much. Me and husband are nurses, we do not have a whole lot time to make homemade food for him but we will have to. It takes one time to break trust, I am so very disappointed in Gerber. I hope I did not feed him anything gross like this till now.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: April 18, 2020

I was feeding my 16 month old son the Mashed Potatoes and Meatloaf Gerber food and midway through I find a long blond piece of hair (we are a dark haired family)! I am super disgusted and let down by Gerber. I will not be purchasing from them again. I should not have to worry about the quality of my child's food! Disgusting.

Original review: March 1, 2020

You always hear these stories how people find or found items in their food or from a restaurant but you never really worry about it until the day it happens to you, as we making our way about halfway done feeding one my year old her pasta and stars Gerber baby food with the side of green beans I noticed a odd shiny object sitting in the middle of the Gerber tray and as I’m picking up this object with her spoon it becomes clear that is isn’t food. I proceeded to stop feeding her immediately! The panic started to come in thinking, "Oh my god what if been eating this the entire time and I didn’t know because the sauce had it covering and hiding it".

I contacted Gerber as soon as I checked my daughter. Made sure everything was alright and told them about what has happened and they proceeded to tell me, "You know after a while if an item sits on a shelf and the temperatures go from hot to cold or cold to hot it can cause some type of texture making almost like plastic in food". I’m thinking to myself this has to be a joke. I work in a grocery store and that would mean almost every product on the shelf that sits there would have some type of plastic in it that means which doesn’t make sense and is nearly impossible for that to happen.

They told me they are going to be sending coupons for a free meal to cover what just happened which won’t cover the fear of me feeding my child this food again. The object found in her pasta was about an inch long. They said they’ll be sending a package out for me to send them the item that has been found so they can investigate it and see what type of item it is and if it is plastic. And we all know the plastic seal that come on your Gerber baby food is white and not clear, the object found is clear. Very disappointed and would never in a million years expect something like this happen but it did and was very scary experience. For now on I will be separating her food onto a new dish every time and gradually looking and checking. THIS SHOULD NEVER EVER HAVE TO HAPPEN ESPECIALLY WITH BABY FOOD!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

I was making rice for my daughter and found a little yellow sharp rock inside of the rice. I am disgusted and will never give this to her again or anything from Gerber. I noticed it because the rice is white.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

I wish I could write a 0 star. We on more then one occasion have now found black hairs in our child's baby food. These containers were new from the store. We shouldn't have to sift thru baby food to see if it's contaminated. How disgusting.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I opened a new, unopened, sealed jar of Gerber baby food meat that was within its date and not expired. I noticed black specks, it was mold! I showed my husband and we were both furious. Still are! This is not safe for babies.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I started to feed my granddaughter some turkey in the jar, she’s always ready to eat. She ate three bites then declined anymore. I thought that was very strange and decided to give it a smell. I smelled what seemed to smell a lot like sewer! I opened another jar, same thing. I opened a total of 4 jars, still sewer smell. I looked inside all of the jars and saw discoloration. I called the poison control center, they told me if her body will not digest it I will know. To look for blood in vomit and stool. To watch her for dehydration. Also, to contact the health department in regards to this and save the jars, that they may want to test them - I will be doing that on Monday.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Gerber has stopped including the lid on pumpkin containers. The pumpkin is never used up in one meal and now without the lid to protect and store the remaining food it is very inconvenient. I guess I will probably have to change what I buy unless the lid comes back. I am very disappointed with the change.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I have four kids and have been using Gerber products over 11 years I have never experienced an issue... However upon reading a lot of these reviews some complain of molds but it's the store's problem with selling you expired merchandise. It has nothing to do with Gerber. With that being said it is unfortunate that some people are finding shards of plastic wood and bugs in their food however I I I have never experienced this and all four of my children have been Gerber babies.

Gerber Baby Food Company Information