2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.8/5 (171 ratings)

About Gatorade

Gatorade Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gatorade?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gatorade?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2021

I bought a Gatorade sports drink from a store on Sunday; getting home, I asked my daughter to get me the drink, and on her way, she shocked the bottle, and I saw a lot of stuff floating in it. The Gatorade is yet to expire; the expiration date is in 2022.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

Was drinking a bottle of strawberry watermelon the other night while watching tv. Felt something solid in my mouth. Gagged while spitting out. Found another chunk in bottle and poured into a bowl. Tips from vinyl gloves. Will never drink again. Gross.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2020

My husband brought me home a Gatorade Zero as it’s supposedly one of the only prepared sugar free drinks that I’ve found decently “safe” while pregnant. Drank 1/4 of the bottle before going to bed and it was left on my nightstand. Woke up this morning with very bad diarrhea and I may have drank a swallow this morning before dumping the rest out. While dumping it out I noticed a glob of nasty looking slime in the bottom. Now I’m thinking this stuff may have made me sick and I’m hoping this doesn’t have effectS on my baby.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2020

For a while I drank Gatorades especially if I got tired of water. One day I opened up a Gatorade, drank about half and put it on my nightstand. It sat there for 2 weeks until I thought about drinking it again. (Keep in mind when I drink Gatorades sometimes they'll sit for at least a month before continuing to drink it.) Before I took a drink I noticed a cloudy, string-like ball of gloop in my drink. Kind of steering away from this drink now until I find out what this gloop really is.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2020

My husband used to love G2 fruit punch, went down easy, wasn’t weighted down in the stomach like regular Gatorade, Gatorade zero isn’t much better and why is it cloudy lol? So we had a few that tasted moldy, we chalked it up to how we stored them, maybe got too hot in Blythe, Ca. But we’ve been getting more bad ones, next from our motorhome. I had two 8pks from different lots. One lot was good, the other was bad again. Now bad ones from home too. No moldy residue, no cloudy or slimy substance, no issue opening or reclosing it. I have to throw them all out again, my husband and I don’t want to waste our money on Russian Roulette on which ones will be good or bad. Wish I could just get my money back.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Obviously this issue has been around for a while, as I just read about people having this same issue in 2012. Gatorade said they would work on fixing it, obviously they have not. I loved your product, but now I’m done. For the past 5 months or so a good 50% to 75% of the bottles of Propel we get, are -IMPOSSIBLE- to open. I usually have to use an actual tool, a wrench, to open them. My husband, a Fire Fighter, of all things, also cannot get them opened. We just went out on the boat with friends yesterday, and no one could get your bottles open. GREAT! Getting home I tried using a wrench, a screw driver, scissors, and a knife to open a single bottle, NO JOY. Finally I cut a hole in the side of the bottle and squeezed it into a glass. I’m done. Our family and friends are done. We are no longer getting any of your products again.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I purchased an 8 pack and 7 were fine but the last one I had the lid came off so easily. It was as if it had been opened before. The taste was bitter, like chewed aspirin, when I shook it it looked like dish soap foaming up and stayed like that. I can't say it was the fault of the company that manufactures Gatorade, it could have happened at the distribution locations, or the shipping areas, or receiving after transport, or it could have happened at the very stock room of the store I purchased it or even someone messing around once it had been stocked on the shelf. But I was upset because I did ingest some of it and now just waiting to see if I'll get sick in some form, but the anxiety of it is certainly taxing enough. Maybe the company should wrap it in plastic so no one can remove a lid and mess with it the way they wrap bottled water.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

My Gatorade tasted fine, but it smelled weird. I chalked it up to my own nose tricking me. But around halfway through the bottle the light hit it just right and a floating thing caught my eye. Then another, and another. There are countless floating white chunks suspended in my Gatorade. It was not but a week old from the store and I broke the seal right before I saw it. I'm worried if I will get sick, I've read other reviews saying it's mold. Inside my drink, now inside my body. Never buying again.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased a case of Gatorade from Sam's club and when I got home I noticed that there were bottles leaking so I took one of the bottles and drink it and it tasted nothing like Gatorade and about 10 minutes or so I was throwing up and I had diarrhea.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I purchased a Gatorade Arctic Cherry today from a CVS near my apartment. Upon opening it I noticed a horrible smell inside the rim of the bottle, maybe mold or something, I don’t really know. It just smelled awful. I took a sip and the flavor tasted weird, like it was really watered down. This has happened to me on another occasion as well, several months ago. The first time I was willing to let it go, but the second time?! Really? I’m never buying Gatorade again.

Gatorade Company Information