2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.84/5

Gatorade Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gatorade?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gatorade?

Original review: May 26, 2016

I love Gatorade, especially Blue Bolt. I don't even know what the heck is in it, but it's the best damn sports drink on the planet, PERIOD. After I'm done working out, Gatorade gives me the necessary rehydration that only it can provide. The only thing I hate, which is in no way the fault of Gatorade, is that almost every single time, the bottles are bent because of the careless transporters and crews that put the Gatorade bottles inside the refrigerators in stores. Would it kill them to be a little more gentle?? I mean yeah they're made of plastic, but that doesn't mean that it's okay to just throw them around and not give a damn about how they end up in the consumers' hands. This is especially true in the Gatorade bottles at 7-11. So get it together, 7-11! We don't want to drink out of bent bottles! And keep up the good work, Gatorade.

Original review: May 25, 2016

I have been consuming Gatorade for quite some time for now. My favorite one was lemon and recently I have noticed there were floating particles inside the bottle and I do not know what it is. Might be a larvae or some other particles which got in on the time of packing. We have a lot of natural drinks given by the nature, it would be better if we start consuming those instead of have these artificial drinks which gives us temporary satisfaction and who knows what awaits us in the future if we keep on using these.

Original review: May 19, 2016

I was going through all the reviews on Gatorade drinks here on this site and was horrified by all of them as the majority described how their Gatorade drinks had green blobs or mold, if not a white slimy jellyfish-like substance floating around in their bottles while some were even unopened. Many have mentioned how this made them ill in several ways and that just scared me. However, this is quite a surprise to me because personally, in all my years of purchasing Gatorade, I never had this experience. Perhaps it has something to do with where the drinks are being manufactured? Or maybe how they're being transported?

I'm thinking maybe during the process of transporting those drinks, they were exposed to the heat of the sun for a long period of time or something, causing chemical changes, but I don't really know. I live in the Philippines and all the bottles of Gatorade I've ever purchased here were in great condition for consumption. So far, up to this day, Gatorade has been a reliable refreshment especially after running or working out. I've tried almost all flavors--tropical fruit, blue bolt, grape, and lemon lime--I like all of them.

Original review: May 19, 2016

Gatorade Tropical Fruit flavor is my favorite. Blue Bolt comes at 2nd. :)

Original review: May 16, 2016

I drank about half a small bottle of orange Gatorade before I could fully taste the product. In short, it had a horrific chemical taste and within 2 minutes I was violently throwing up including blood. I do not know what is in this bottle and am wondering what health agency I should contact. I hope I did not do any permanent damage to my kidneys.

Original review: May 3, 2016

When I'm tired of walking under the heat of the sun, I drink Gatorade and my feeling of tiredness has relieved. I'm highly refreshed. It seems that my lost fluids has replenished when I drink Gatorade. I would highly recommend Gatorade if you want to be refreshed from a grueling activity. It's very refreshing.

Original review: April 24, 2016

I usually play volleyball during the weekends and I usually buy Gatorade to replace lost water in my body. BUT, since I'm very acidic, my stomach always hurt every time I drink it. But I still drink it because I think it is better than just regular water. I hope they create a product for athletes or regular people with digestive problem. I love drinking Gatorade but my stomach doesn't like it. It helps me to perform better but after or sometimes during games, my stomach would hurt so much. I have tried other sports drink but I don't like their taste. Gatorade is the best in terms of taste. But I might not buy it anymore if my stomach gets worse.

Original review: April 17, 2016

A couple of days ago I purchased a Glacier Freeze G2 with an expiration date of 11-12-16. I consumed a little less than half the bottle the first night, and was going to finish it tonight but then when I started to take a drink, I noticed a chemical smell, but dismissed it because I had some of the drink before and didn't notice anything. I took a small sip, then took a larger drink – this is when I got a slime substance in my mouth, which I promptly spit back into the bottle. I can see an opaque slime 'blob' in the bottle, and another object that has a little more of a white look to it. At a loss of what to do, I did an internet search and see that this is not a unique situation. Now that I see this isn't a one-time thing, I don't think anyone will ever find another bottle of Gatorade in my house! Given this is something that has apparently been happening for years, it would seem Gatorade would do something to prevent this in the future.

Original review: March 29, 2016

The taste is really bad. I didn't like it at all. The flavour is too chemical.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2015

My brother drank a Gatorade after running, gulped half of it down before he realized it tasted very bad and smelled bad (because he was dehydrated from his run). Opened a different gatorade bottle, which tasted normal to confirm that the first one was bad, the second gatorade tasted normal. A small time later, started vomiting, and then started feeling drunk without ingestion of any alcohol, so he called an ambulance for himself. Turns out, is ethylene glycol poisoning, most likely from the ingested bad gatorade since nothing else he's did that day was out of the ordinary.

Due to the ethylene glycol poisoning, he (a young healthy 29 year old) had to go on dialysis for a month (caused crystals to form in kidneys). Luckily his kidney function and stats have improved, and he should be able to come off dialysis. Though we can't say this is 100% due to the bad gatorade (since he like other threw the rest of the foul tasting stuff down the sink - normal response when a food product goes bad), I am curious if anyone else has has something similar happen, with suspicion of the cause being bad gatorade.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2015

I drank Gatorade Thirst Quench Cool Blue. I drank half and then felt something weird I spit it out and there was a green glob of gook. I was so grossed out I threw up. At closer inspection of the bottle, I noticed green stuff floating in it. About 10 minutes later I had a horrible allergy attack (sneezing). Then I had a bad case of diarrhea. I'm never going to buy it again. I tried to contact Gatorade and they haven't responded

Original review: Oct. 10, 2015

I've had many Gatorade before and never had a problem, but yesterday my boyfriend got me a cherry Gatorade and it tasted awful. I smelt it and it smelt of Vicks. I brought it to my sister and mom and they agreed. My mom also tasted it and said it tasted toxic as well. Today I woke up with a sore throat. I'm actually scared right now for my life. I dumped the whole bottle out. If it is contaminated with something I do not want anyone else to try and drink it.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2015

I bought and consumed Gatorade Propel water with electrolytes. It was hands down the worst experience of my life drinking water. Yes, I thought it over, and it is the worst... and I've traveled out of country many times. My first reaction was to spit it out in certain fear of contamination because it tasted and didn't feel right going down when I consumed it. Then I read other reviews insuring myself that I did not need medical attention in the immediate future, but that I was only dealing with a foul taste and consistency. According to other reviews, it is well known for its awful taste. If I could rate it with negative stars, I would immediately without discussion. Enough said.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

I went to their Facebook page and was horrified by the amount of consumers posting pictures of mold and weird slime in their bottles of Gatorade beverage. The company would apologize and offer a coupon. I went back on the guests' post to page and they have known there is mold in bottles for a year. I asked why they hadn't been recalled, and soon after, the posts with the mold and slime were removed.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

Ok I've been drinking Gatorade Thirst Quencher Powder forever and always see black specks in it and I've thought they were bugs but don't wanna believe it so I've picked them out and ignored it but I'm can't do that anymore. I know for sure it's bugs because I made a drink after quitting drinking this stuff because of what I thought were bugs. I saw a big enough black speck to know it's got bugs in it and always has bugs in it. I saw a long black bug and am grossed out. I'm never touching this stuff again. It was from a brand newly opened can too. Eww don't surprise me.

Though 12 years ago I was drinking from a bottle of Pepsi and almost drank a huge spider contacted them and they denied it. Well I quit buying Pepsi and refused their coupons. The spider was a rust colour from being in the Pepsi so I should have known better than buy anything Pepsi makes and they make Gatorade. Wtf kind of conditions does this company have in their factories. This isn't 3rd world here. I can't believe people are getting jellyfish in their drinks. So disgusting. They have to be the most unsanitary company in North America and they get away with it. Pathetic.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

After coming home from the fair, I was feeling dehydrated so I got out my husband's blue Gatorade and took a swig... I felt something slimy go down my throat so I looked at the bottle and at the bottom, there saw a black blob floating around! I then realized that I must have swallowed one of those nasty things - I'm totally grossed out!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

Not impressed. Two nights ago, August 12, I grabbed a bottle of G2 fruit punch out of my fridge. Opened it. Seal was fine and as usual the bottle was hard to open. And when I stopped because the taste I noticed a white slimy mass floating around. BEST Before date is October 2015. Gatorade you have been my favorite drink for two years but that was enough to make me grossed out for life. Will think twice about buying this product again.

Original review: July 24, 2015

I bought a 710 ml G2 blueberry pomegranate Gatorade on July 23rd 2015. For one it leaked in the bag and the cap was a bit loose. When I opened it the silver peel was stuck in the top. I thought I might have did it when I twisted the cap off so I pulled it out and put the cap on and drank some. I drank about 1/4 of it when I notice something black coming out of the hole on the top, so I took the cap back off and looked inside and there was black gooey stuff inside of it. I then realized the cap was kind of cracked. So I smelled the Gatorade and it has a sour smell I didn't realize at first. It was absolutely disgusting.

Original review: July 19, 2015

This was by far the absolute worst Gatorade I have ever had. It seriously made me want to throw up. It says on the label that it has some lime flavor in it too but the cucumber flavor is so strong that it completely overrides the lime flavor, making it unnoticeable. I would never recommend this flavor to anyone!

Original review: July 12, 2015

So tired of bottles overfilled and caps that are difficult to open. End result is Gatorade spilling all over with net result sticky goo on hands and clothes! Plenty of other choices out there. So done with Gatorade!

Original review: July 5, 2015

I just went to pour a cup of Gatorade and realized there is a bunch of white stuff floating in the unopened bottle. It appears from online reports that people who drink this end up really sick. Very disappointing moment for Gatorade.

Original review: July 5, 2015

The date I drank this was 07-04-2015. The code on the bottle is: Feb 15 16 CT126 0137 UM052131 Gatorade Fierce Fruit Punch+Berry. First, I must say, date stamp on food should use a 4 digit year. With the above example, could it expire in 2015 or 2016? The default format would lead one to believe this expires in 2016, but this may not be a requirement, nor the actual case. Also, maybe the shelf life is too long. How old is the Gatorade? How far out do they set the expiration date?

About 20 minutes after ingesting about 12 ounces, I started to a sharp pain in my stomach when I sat in certain positions or laid down. I continued to drink from the 32 ounce bottle until there was about 20 ounces remaining. About an hour after ingesting I started to feel like I could vomit at any moment. I drank the Gatorade through a straw, so I may have ingested a little quicker than without a straw, but Gatorade never made me feel like this before. This is when I really took notice. The more Gatorade I drank, the worse I began to feel. I switched to water and ate plain waffle to help my nauseous feelings. 30 minutes later my nausea subsided, but started to have stomach gas for a little while later.

There was nothing floating in the bottle. It smelled fine, and tasted fine. The bottle had been in my fridge for about 3 weeks. I have not had Gatorade in a good while before this bottle; maybe over 2 years. I have had a competitive brand about 2 months before. Otherwise, I don't prefer to drink sports drinks, only when there are limited options. In any case, I will be holding off the sports drinks for a while. It is too much of a risk to my stomach for something I do not enjoy that much.

Original review: July 4, 2015

A Gatorade is a sports drink that we see all the time used by professional athletes. After having a bout with cramps on a hot day (partial dehydration) I drank a qt. of gatorade and within 20 min the cramps disappeared. Thinking this was great stuff, I started drinking it on a cross country drive. I noticed my flip flops feeling a little tighter and tighter.. 24 hr and 3 qts. of gatorade, I couldn't slip on the flip flops because my feet, ankles and lower legs had swollen dramatically. Stopped the Gatorade and 3 days later they returned to normal. Since then I only drink a qt on a really hot day, but have found I get stomach cramps, horrible heartburn and the feeling of being on the verge of vomiting. Different flavors make no difference in the experience. I don't drink Gatorade anymore!!

Original review: June 29, 2015

After drinking 1 bottle throughout the day I found that I was constipated. 3 days later still constipated. That night I inserted a tube. 1 month later I drink some of the second bottle of propel. I am constipated again today. But I don't have money for the doctor.

Original review: June 18, 2015

Drank my Gatorade a few days after I bought it, I immediately ran to the toilet and threw up. I looked in the bottle and there were small but many amounts of fuzz in the drink! I am filing as many consumer reports I can to make people aware of this!

Original review: June 1, 2015

I was drinking a Gatorade at work and had already drank over half, then when I unscrewed the cap to take another sip. I couldn't help but notice a jelly-like substance stuck to the underside of the lid. I actually reported it to my supervisor, thinking that someone pranked me by spitting some phlegm into the cap and tightening the lid when I left the Gatorade at my desk while I stepped away on a break. Anyways, after I reported it to my supervisor, her and another supervisor googled the issue and found this website. It totally grossed me out and I am also ready for some answers from the bottlers of Gatorade!!!

Original review: June 1, 2015

My wife recently purchased a 20 oz G Series Cool Blue Gatorade Thirst Quencher from a Pepsi machine. After drinking some, she noticed a white, black, slimy, stringy substance floating around in the bottle. She was absolutely disgusted as anyone would be but more concerned as SHE IS PREGNANT! I have read similar stories where Gatorade downplays the substance as just mold and offers coupons. My wife is pregnant and should not have to worry about drinking mold (if that is what it is) nor should anyone else! This could greatly have an affect on her and/or her pregnancy! This is ridiculous coming from a corporation such as PepsiCo. This needs to be addressed immediately! I will be getting the drink/substance tested and will take further steps from that point. It made her extremely ill feeling from that point forward. We can only hope it doesn't negatively affect the early stages of pregnancy.

The drink was purchased from a Pepsi machine at a business called Royal Car Care in Racine, Wisconsin. Drink by date: DEC 15 15 CT 727. There is also a number under the "drink by" date which may be the manufacturing number or something but the number is 1449DT032056B.

Original review: May 31, 2015

Normally I buy light blue, although there are dark ones in with them that you can't see through the liquid. One day all we had was dark. I drank at least 3 bottles and all of a sudden the "blue" on my tongue got all gooey and I started throwing up gobs of "light green" stuff, I have never seen anything like it before. Then I had to scrape my tongue with my finger and a huge gob of it (4") was hanging off the end of my tongue. It was awful trying to get it off. NASTY!!!

Original review: May 31, 2015

My niece bought a bottle of blue Gatorade between September and October of 2014. The Gatorade had an expiry date of July 2015. She drank the Gatorade while she was having her dinner on December 6th 2014. She was home alone, we were conversing via skype. About 2 minutes after she drank the Gatorade, her head started in slow convulsions. She was unresponsive. When help reached her, they found her on the floor, frothing from the mouth, she was incontinent. She fell in a coma. Thanks be to God she woke up after 3 days. The prognosis was that she was poisoned from an ingested substance. The Gatorade had white jellyfish substance. She also said that it tasted insipid.

Original review: May 28, 2015

I purchased an 8 pack Gatorade (fruit punch) flavor. My son noticed the bottle that he had looked different from the rest, but thought nothing of it. He opened it up and took a gulp. He immediately spit it out and told me that the drink was extremely slimy. I looked at the drink and it had a whitish floating film inside the bottle. I called the local market that we bought it at and told them what happened. The clerk told us to bring it back and they would give us a full refund. This was one of our family's favorite drinks besides water. I was unable to take a picture due to the fact that I was disgusted with the entire scenario. I will not be buying this product ever again.

Gatorade Company Information