2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.87/5

Gatorade Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gatorade?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gatorade?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

My son comes into me complaining about a horrible taste in his mouth. At first I disregarded it, but I could tell that he was pretty upset. I asked him what he put in his mouth and he let me know that all he did was take a drink of this Gatorade. He said it tasted horrible, kind of like paint. Upon inspecting the Gatorade, I found a huge, white, and mushy substance floating in the bottle. I took a video of it and immediately inspected all the other bottles in my cabinet. I have never seen anything like that and now my son is sick to her stomach and doesn't ever want to drink a Gatorade again!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I recently purchased a Strawberry Fierce Gatorade which didn't have a expiration date until 4/17/17. It was cold out of the refrigerator section at the liquor store. I bought several flavors for my family. Everyone else's was ok. Mine however smelled like mold, old and stale. It tasted pretty bad as well. It's hard to see anything else floating in there. I immediately stopped drinking it. I plan to contact Gatorade and complain. I hope I don't get sick. I've been seeing a whole lot of reviews and I'm led to believe this is a deeper issue at the headquarters where they make this issh... The workers, the sanitation, and somewhere in the company something foul is going on. I still breastfeed and I hope me and the little one don't get sick.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

My boyfriend and I both took a drink from a green apple Gatorade and it tasted like bleach and had the date misprinted on it. I has made us feel dizzy, nauseous and we have stomach pain. Never drinking Gatorade again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I have never had a poor experience with Gatorade until now. I purchased a Gatorade Glacier Freeze at MotoMart in Rolla, MO, and it was unopened. I want to note this because once I took a sip I noticed such a strong smell on the rim of the drink, similar to someone blowing smoke in your face - so many different chemicals. I asked my husband to smell it to see if he noticed it too, and he did. Deciding to try to ignore it, I took a few more sips and shortly thereafter had a weird feeling on my lip.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Gatorade is using labeling loopholes. They report using sugar and dextrose. Dextrose is derived from Corn Syrup in the United States. They are using the toxic waste of corn production to dump it into your food. Shame on them. Don't be fooled.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I just bought a Gatorade from Circle K here in Maricopa, AZ - for my fiance who was sick and dehydrated. I got her a fierce grape - 11/11/2016 and she opened it that ten minutes after I purchased it and as soon as she took a sip she spit it out and said, "Is it me or does this taste like crap?" So I proceeded to take a swig, and FIERCELY REGRET IT! I enjoy the way fierce strawberry usually tastes, but, I know that something was wrong with that specific bottle because as I said I usually like the flavor of fierce strawberry- now I am worried I will get sick! Feel like vomiting right now.

Original review: June 9, 2016

When I learned badminton sport way back in 2003, Gatorade has always been my sports drink to rehydrate my body. I'd play 5 hours straight and consume about 2-3 liters of Gatorade. I never experienced cramps and it's because my body is fully hydrated all the time. Their grape flavor is the best tasting flavor for me. To amplify the taste, I add a little bit of sugar so I have something to burn. It's a little expensive compared to other drinks but it's still the best drink whenever the sport takes its toll. I've tried Powerade and it's not as tasty as Gatorade.

I tried soft drinks but I felt weak at the middle of the games and I could feel I slowed down and the reaction time is a little longer. So it does not only rehydrate my body, it also increases mental alertness. My friends' choice is Gatorade too and the badminton court I play at sells different kinds of drinks. So I guess, Gatorade gives them a better experience than other drinks. When we bet, we don't bet for money, we bet for Gatorade. Whoever loses will pay for the drink at the counter. I will always patronize and stick to Gatorade until I find a better one.

Original review: June 8, 2016

My son was about to open a Gatorade orange drink with expiration of 11/15/2016 when I noticed under the light that there was something dark floating in the drink. I did not open the bottle and just continued to turn it and see and I took pictures of it. There are 2 floaters which appear like mold maybe but has a jelly-like matter around it. This is quite concerning as I'm sure there's plenty more in circulation where people could get seriously sick. I'm just glad my son did not drink this!

Original review: June 6, 2016

Gatorade is a very good thirst quencher especially after a strenuous activity under the sun. I usually bring a bottle with me when I'm out on a day hike. My husband also likes this drink, especially after playing basketball. We both like the Blue Bolt the best. It tastes very good when served cold, however, it has a stinging effect if taken in warm. They say it's good for replenishing lost electrolytes, however, it being unnatural, it still should be taken in moderation. They have glass and plastic bottles, and though heavy, I still recommend to get the Gatorade in glass bottles for lesser health risks if ever.

Original review: June 4, 2016

What is it in Gatorade which makes me want more of it? It's my go-to drink whenever I work out or after a pickup game of basketball. It quenches my thirst better than water and instantly replenishes any nutrients that I lost after sweating so much. No wonder it's endorsed by athletes such as Michael Jordan and Dwayne Wade, Peyton Manning, and Derek Jeter. If you wanna be like Mike, drink Gatorade. I wish that they create an apple flavor variation. I would really want that. If they wanna win over their serious competition, they just have to outwit Powerade which seems to have taken over a huge market in the Philippines.

Gatorade Company Information