1.39/5
Based on 121 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

131 Gatorade Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I bought a 24 pack of 20 oz Gatorades. The flavor blue cherry taste like bug spray. It didn't taste right and then when I got to the end of the bottle I noticed a white slimy substance floating inside. The more research I do on this the more disgusted I get. Turns out its mold and bacteria is what's floating in some of these bottles. I had a blue cherry a month ago that also taste like bug spray. I had my wife taste it as well, at that time there was nothing I seen floating in my drink. This time was totally different, and the thing that angers me is I'm allergic to MOLD!! I have been tested. For it. Gatorade was one of my favorite drinks, now I don't want to chance drinking it. I have no idea what to do.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I bought a gallon container, if needed I will save the container. I used to drink the product, but nowadays it always comes up shortly after drinking the fruit punch flavored. Was a bit cloudy... Don't know for sure if it was the product but it makes me very sick to the stomach, enough to vomit. Perhaps it is too much salt, or my body is unable to handle the stuff anymore. Last time I remember anything like this was when I had a couple of beers years ago, never touch that stuff either anymore. Do not like the way it makes me feel. However with beer it took quite a bit longer than my experience with Gatorade. It was shortly after drinking. FL101971711 printed on container and 32653377528 (HL) on label.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: April 17, 2018

I want to share something on a personal level, my family and I have loved Gatorade for many years, we have always purchased different flavors and was always directed to purchase Gatorade products. In November of 2017 our family got a big surprise after drinking some Gatorade and that has traumatized us for a Lifetime. There was some odd foreign specimen in our Gatorade container, it looked like a dead distorted rodent. We have asked for assistance from Gatorade in regards to this horrific experience, and the bottom line they do not care. After being traumatized by sipping knowing that something foreign was going through your body, things will never be the same. Customer service has truly deteriorated in America, nobody seems to care. All of these athletes advertising this product to lure people to drink it, are not aware of what is going on at the actual plant. Are they aware of mold and possible rodents that are trampling through these facilities.

Myself and my children had this horrible experience, with no fire to cure this incident. I am so surprised by Gatorade, we have supported this company for so many years, and this incident has changed all of us forever. We watch each and everything we drink. We purchased this Gatorade package in a Walmart in Albuquerque, New Mexico and nothing has been done to satisfy us as supportive customers. How can people just sell products and not give a damn about the population they serve. Maybe sharing our story on billboards, with athletes and other families will help this practice to cease. This is not right, by no means is it right to do this and not care about the people. There are more photos, and I ask you, how would you feel if you and your children drank from this bottle honestly.

I have to do something about this, I have thousands of friends on facebook and I know many people that have their own blogs, something must be done about this, since you all have decided to do nothing. Thank you for listening. We submitted all of the required information already, my son did and all you could say is that it might it be mold, does that make it acceptable? This is nasty, nasty, just pure nastiness and disgusting. A company of your stature should never let complaints like this go unresolved. Disgusting... I saw a mother in Walmart today buying 3 different six packs today, and I wanted to say something, but I decided not to, to think other people will be having this same experience, really does not sit well with me. This is not okay by any means.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I bought a case of the Gatorade Flow Smooth variety pack and today this bottle I was just about to open, I noticed something floating all inside of it and no it’s not expired, it was a cloudy milky like liquid inside the bottle and I was very disturbed by this, I didn’t open the bottle. I bought a whole case of it and we have been drinking them, this was a brand I trusted and trusted to let my children drink. I’m beyond dissatisfied and disappointed in Gatorade and after reading other stories and seeing similar videos I seen online I’m beyond disappointed and will not buy Gatorade ever again for myself or children.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2018

I bought a large case, the first couple was fine. It's a mixed case of flavors and I had already drank one orange flavor from it. This time I grabbed an orange one again, it had a very disturbing salty dish soap taste to it. I'm now wondering what made it taste like that as it's not discolored and the consistency is right. However it does smell odd as well. I am really hoping this doesn't make me sick.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gatorade?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I just found tons of black mold in our sealed Gatorade. It doesn’t expire until 6/12/18. I have contacted the company via email, and contacted the store I bought it at. The store said they are having a manager pull them all. I just don’t want anyone to get sick! You can see it’s sealed. I even squeezed the bottle to see it If there was a tiny leak I was missing, there was not. The company blamed it being improperly stored in another facility prior to my purchase. They said it must have had a tiny hole, which exposed it to air, and then it resealed itself! Makes no sense. They did of course offer me coupons, which I declined. I will never purchase from them again.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I found a dead very decayed mouse in my Gatorade Fruit Punch!! It appeared to be wrinkled, like mummified and green slime was all in the bottom, that too. It was dark in my room and couldn't see so I drank a big gulp. I'm very ill and so I'm going to the emergency, now. I want this on record here, so now I'm hoping I will not die!!!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I’m worried because I opened a new bottle of Gatorade. Drank most of it because I was thirsty and then noticed it had a different taste and tried to screw the top on and it wouldn’t go on. Then I started looking at the liquid closer and saw slimy stuff floating in it. Now worried how sick I’m going to get. Stomach already rumbling. The bottle was sealed but now it won't close. Now I’m worried.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

This is not the first time I've drank a Gatorade, only to be surprised by a bad taste... And found a white, stringy substance floating in my bottle! This is not normal and not ok! I don't want coupons, I want my money back! This was the last bottle of Gatorade I'll ever buy.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

Gatorade Lemon-lime - Purchased this from a convenience store in Fairburn today. After drinking a little over 1/3 of it, I notice a some type of culture, larvae, slime or blob flowing in the bottle. I am so sick! #Gatorade Please explains... What have I ingested? This is totally unexplainable. Consumers should be protected against this type of hazard.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

Noticed Green slime in Plastic bottle of Lemon Lime, after taking two big sips. Then I noticed the lid was cross threaded but the safety seal was intact when I opened it. Probably cross threaded when closed in factory allowing bacteria in. I have contacted Pepsi that fills our drink machine at our office. they said they would send someone over right away. I am feeling dizzy and sick to my stomach and my bowls are growling. This is so gross. And expiry date is April 28 2017 and it's October 12 2017.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

My son comes into me complaining about a horrible taste in his mouth. At first I disregarded it, but I could tell that he was pretty upset. I asked him what he put in his mouth and he let me know that all he did was take a drink of this Gatorade. He said it tasted horrible, kind of like paint. Upon inspecting the Gatorade, I found a huge, white, and mushy substance floating in the bottle. I took a video of it and immediately inspected all the other bottles in my cabinet. I have never seen anything like that and now my son is sick to her stomach and doesn't ever want to drink a Gatorade again!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

I recently purchased a Strawberry Fierce Gatorade which didn't have a expiration date until 4/17/17. It was cold out of the refrigerator section at the liquor store. I bought several flavors for my family. Everyone else's was ok. Mine however smelled like mold, old and stale. It tasted pretty bad as well. It's hard to see anything else floating in there. I immediately stopped drinking it. I plan to contact Gatorade and complain. I hope I don't get sick. I've been seeing a whole lot of reviews and I'm led to believe this is a deeper issue at the headquarters where they make this issh... The workers, the sanitation, and somewhere in the company something foul is going on. I still breastfeed and I hope me and the little one don't get sick.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

My boyfriend and I both took a drink from a green apple Gatorade and it tasted like bleach and had the date misprinted on it. I has made us feel dizzy, nauseous and we have stomach pain. Never drinking Gatorade again.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I have never had a poor experience with Gatorade until now. I purchased a Gatorade Glacier Freeze at MotoMart in Rolla, MO, and it was unopened. I want to note this because once I took a sip I noticed such a strong smell on the rim of the drink, similar to someone blowing smoke in your face - so many different chemicals. I asked my husband to smell it to see if he noticed it too, and he did. Deciding to try to ignore it, I took a few more sips and shortly thereafter had a weird feeling on my lip.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Gatorade is using labeling loopholes. They report using sugar and dextrose. Dextrose is derived from Corn Syrup in the United States. They are using the toxic waste of corn production to dump it into your food. Shame on them. Don't be fooled.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I just bought a Gatorade from Circle K here in Maricopa, AZ - for my fiance who was sick and dehydrated. I got her a fierce grape - 11/11/2016 and she opened it that ten minutes after I purchased it and as soon as she took a sip she spit it out and said, "Is it me or does this taste like crap?" So I proceeded to take a swig, and FIERCELY REGRET IT! I enjoy the way fierce strawberry usually tastes, but, I know that something was wrong with that specific bottle because as I said I usually like the flavor of fierce strawberry- now I am worried I will get sick! Feel like vomiting right now.

Original review: June 9, 2016

When I learned badminton sport way back in 2003, Gatorade has always been my sports drink to rehydrate my body. I'd play 5 hours straight and consume about 2-3 liters of Gatorade. I never experienced cramps and it's because my body is fully hydrated all the time. Their grape flavor is the best tasting flavor for me. To amplify the taste, I add a little bit of sugar so I have something to burn. It's a little expensive compared to other drinks but it's still the best drink whenever the sport takes its toll. I've tried Powerade and it's not as tasty as Gatorade.

I tried soft drinks but I felt weak at the middle of the games and I could feel I slowed down and the reaction time is a little longer. So it does not only rehydrate my body, it also increases mental alertness. My friends' choice is Gatorade too and the badminton court I play at sells different kinds of drinks. So I guess, Gatorade gives them a better experience than other drinks. When we bet, we don't bet for money, we bet for Gatorade. Whoever loses will pay for the drink at the counter. I will always patronize and stick to Gatorade until I find a better one.

Original review: June 8, 2016

My son was about to open a Gatorade orange drink with expiration of 11/15/2016 when I noticed under the light that there was something dark floating in the drink. I did not open the bottle and just continued to turn it and see and I took pictures of it. There are 2 floaters which appear like mold maybe but has a jelly-like matter around it. This is quite concerning as I'm sure there's plenty more in circulation where people could get seriously sick. I'm just glad my son did not drink this!

Original review: June 6, 2016

Gatorade is a very good thirst quencher especially after a strenuous activity under the sun. I usually bring a bottle with me when I'm out on a day hike. My husband also likes this drink, especially after playing basketball. We both like the Blue Bolt the best. It tastes very good when served cold, however, it has a stinging effect if taken in warm. They say it's good for replenishing lost electrolytes, however, it being unnatural, it still should be taken in moderation. They have glass and plastic bottles, and though heavy, I still recommend to get the Gatorade in glass bottles for lesser health risks if ever.

Original review: June 4, 2016

What is it in Gatorade which makes me want more of it? It's my go-to drink whenever I work out or after a pickup game of basketball. It quenches my thirst better than water and instantly replenishes any nutrients that I lost after sweating so much. No wonder it's endorsed by athletes such as Michael Jordan and Dwayne Wade, Peyton Manning, and Derek Jeter. If you wanna be like Mike, drink Gatorade. I wish that they create an apple flavor variation. I would really want that. If they wanna win over their serious competition, they just have to outwit Powerade which seems to have taken over a huge market in the Philippines.

Original review: May 26, 2016

I love Gatorade, especially Blue Bolt. I don't even know what the heck is in it, but it's the best damn sports drink on the planet, PERIOD. After I'm done working out, Gatorade gives me the necessary rehydration that only it can provide. The only thing I hate, which is in no way the fault of Gatorade, is that almost every single time, the bottles are bent because of the careless transporters and crews that put the Gatorade bottles inside the refrigerators in stores. Would it kill them to be a little more gentle?? I mean yeah they're made of plastic, but that doesn't mean that it's okay to just throw them around and not give a damn about how they end up in the consumers' hands. This is especially true in the Gatorade bottles at 7-11. So get it together, 7-11! We don't want to drink out of bent bottles! And keep up the good work, Gatorade.

Original review: May 25, 2016

I have been consuming Gatorade for quite some time for now. My favorite one was lemon and recently I have noticed there were floating particles inside the bottle and I do not know what it is. Might be a larvae or some other particles which got in on the time of packing. We have a lot of natural drinks given by the nature, it would be better if we start consuming those instead of have these artificial drinks which gives us temporary satisfaction and who knows what awaits us in the future if we keep on using these.

Original review: May 19, 2016

I was going through all the reviews on Gatorade drinks here on this site and was horrified by all of them as the majority described how their Gatorade drinks had green blobs or mold, if not a white slimy jellyfish-like substance floating around in their bottles while some were even unopened. Many have mentioned how this made them ill in several ways and that just scared me. However, this is quite a surprise to me because personally, in all my years of purchasing Gatorade, I never had this experience. Perhaps it has something to do with where the drinks are being manufactured? Or maybe how they're being transported?

I'm thinking maybe during the process of transporting those drinks, they were exposed to the heat of the sun for a long period of time or something, causing chemical changes, but I don't really know. I live in the Philippines and all the bottles of Gatorade I've ever purchased here were in great condition for consumption. So far, up to this day, Gatorade has been a reliable refreshment especially after running or working out. I've tried almost all flavors--tropical fruit, blue bolt, grape, and lemon lime--I like all of them.

Original review: May 19, 2016

Gatorade Tropical Fruit flavor is my favorite. Blue Bolt comes at 2nd. :)

Original review: May 16, 2016

I drank about half a small bottle of orange Gatorade before I could fully taste the product. In short, it had a horrific chemical taste and within 2 minutes I was violently throwing up including blood. I do not know what is in this bottle and am wondering what health agency I should contact. I hope I did not do any permanent damage to my kidneys.

Original review: May 3, 2016

When I'm tired of walking under the heat of the sun, I drink Gatorade and my feeling of tiredness has relieved. I'm highly refreshed. It seems that my lost fluids has replenished when I drink Gatorade. I would highly recommend Gatorade if you want to be refreshed from a grueling activity. It's very refreshing.

Original review: April 24, 2016

I usually play volleyball during the weekends and I usually buy Gatorade to replace lost water in my body. BUT, since I'm very acidic, my stomach always hurt every time I drink it. But I still drink it because I think it is better than just regular water. I hope they create a product for athletes or regular people with digestive problem. I love drinking Gatorade but my stomach doesn't like it. It helps me to perform better but after or sometimes during games, my stomach would hurt so much. I have tried other sports drink but I don't like their taste. Gatorade is the best in terms of taste. But I might not buy it anymore if my stomach gets worse.

Original review: April 17, 2016

A couple of days ago I purchased a Glacier Freeze G2 with an expiration date of 11-12-16. I consumed a little less than half the bottle the first night, and was going to finish it tonight but then when I started to take a drink, I noticed a chemical smell, but dismissed it because I had some of the drink before and didn't notice anything. I took a small sip, then took a larger drink – this is when I got a slime substance in my mouth, which I promptly spit back into the bottle. I can see an opaque slime 'blob' in the bottle, and another object that has a little more of a white look to it. At a loss of what to do, I did an internet search and see that this is not a unique situation. Now that I see this isn't a one-time thing, I don't think anyone will ever find another bottle of Gatorade in my house! Given this is something that has apparently been happening for years, it would seem Gatorade would do something to prevent this in the future.

Original review: March 29, 2016

The taste is really bad. I didn't like it at all. The flavour is too chemical.

Gatorade Company Information