3.75/5

137 Gatorade Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Obviously this issue has been around for a while, as I just read about people having this same issue in 2012. Gatorade said they would work on fixing it, obviously they have not. I loved your product, but now I’m done. For the past 5 months or so a good 50% to 75% of the bottles of Propel we get, are -IMPOSSIBLE- to open. I usually have to use an actual tool, a wrench, to open them. My husband, a Fire Fighter, of all things, also cannot get them opened. We just went out on the boat with friends yesterday, and no one could get your bottles open. GREAT! Getting home I tried using a wrench, a screw driver, scissors, and a knife to open a single bottle, NO JOY. Finally I cut a hole in the side of the bottle and squeezed it into a glass. I’m done. Our family and friends are done. We are no longer getting any of your products again.

Original review: April 13, 2019

I purchased an 8 pack and 7 were fine but the last one I had the lid came off so easily. It was as if it had been opened before. The taste was bitter, like chewed aspirin, when I shook it it looked like dish soap foaming up and stayed like that. I can't say it was the fault of the company that manufactures Gatorade, it could have happened at the distribution locations, or the shipping areas, or receiving after transport, or it could have happened at the very stock room of the store I purchased it or even someone messing around once it had been stocked on the shelf. But I was upset because I did ingest some of it and now just waiting to see if I'll get sick in some form, but the anxiety of it is certainly taxing enough. Maybe the company should wrap it in plastic so no one can remove a lid and mess with it the way they wrap bottled water.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

My Gatorade tasted fine, but it smelled weird. I chalked it up to my own nose tricking me. But around halfway through the bottle the light hit it just right and a floating thing caught my eye. Then another, and another. There are countless floating white chunks suspended in my Gatorade. It was not but a week old from the store and I broke the seal right before I saw it. I'm worried if I will get sick, I've read other reviews saying it's mold. Inside my drink, now inside my body. Never buying again.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2019

I purchased a case of Gatorade from Sam's club and when I got home I noticed that there were bottles leaking so I took one of the bottles and drink it and it tasted nothing like Gatorade and about 10 minutes or so I was throwing up and I had diarrhea.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I purchased a Gatorade Arctic Cherry today from a CVS near my apartment. Upon opening it I noticed a horrible smell inside the rim of the bottle, maybe mold or something, I don’t really know. It just smelled awful. I took a sip and the flavor tasted weird, like it was really watered down. This has happened to me on another occasion as well, several months ago. The first time I was willing to let it go, but the second time?! Really? I’m never buying Gatorade again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gatorade?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I like Gatorade and have never found mold or foreign objects in any of the product however it's almost impossible to open the 32oz bottles. You can search the net and see this has been an issue for several years and Gatorade refuses to fix it. Oh well, Powerade is cheaper anyway!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I bought a 24 pack of 20 oz Gatorades. The flavor blue cherry taste like bug spray. It didn't taste right and then when I got to the end of the bottle I noticed a white slimy substance floating inside. The more research I do on this the more disgusted I get. Turns out its mold and bacteria is what's floating in some of these bottles. I had a blue cherry a month ago that also taste like bug spray. I had my wife taste it as well, at that time there was nothing I seen floating in my drink. This time was totally different, and the thing that angers me is I'm allergic to MOLD!! I have been tested. For it. Gatorade was one of my favorite drinks, now I don't want to chance drinking it. I have no idea what to do.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I bought a gallon container, if needed I will save the container. I used to drink the product, but nowadays it always comes up shortly after drinking the fruit punch flavored. Was a bit cloudy... Don't know for sure if it was the product but it makes me very sick to the stomach, enough to vomit. Perhaps it is too much salt, or my body is unable to handle the stuff anymore. Last time I remember anything like this was when I had a couple of beers years ago, never touch that stuff either anymore. Do not like the way it makes me feel. However with beer it took quite a bit longer than my experience with Gatorade. It was shortly after drinking. FL101971711 printed on container and 32653377528 (HL) on label.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I want to share something on a personal level, my family and I have loved Gatorade for many years, we have always purchased different flavors and was always directed to purchase Gatorade products. In November of 2017 our family got a big surprise after drinking some Gatorade and that has traumatized us for a Lifetime. There was some odd foreign specimen in our Gatorade container, it looked like a dead distorted rodent. We have asked for assistance from Gatorade in regards to this horrific experience, and the bottom line they do not care. After being traumatized by sipping knowing that something foreign was going through your body, things will never be the same. Customer service has truly deteriorated in America, nobody seems to care. All of these athletes advertising this product to lure people to drink it, are not aware of what is going on at the actual plant. Are they aware of mold and possible rodents that are trampling through these facilities.

Myself and my children had this horrible experience, with no fire to cure this incident. I am so surprised by Gatorade, we have supported this company for so many years, and this incident has changed all of us forever. We watch each and everything we drink. We purchased this Gatorade package in a Walmart in Albuquerque, New Mexico and nothing has been done to satisfy us as supportive customers. How can people just sell products and not give a damn about the population they serve. Maybe sharing our story on billboards, with athletes and other families will help this practice to cease. This is not right, by no means is it right to do this and not care about the people. There are more photos, and I ask you, how would you feel if you and your children drank from this bottle honestly.

I have to do something about this, I have thousands of friends on facebook and I know many people that have their own blogs, something must be done about this, since you all have decided to do nothing. Thank you for listening. We submitted all of the required information already, my son did and all you could say is that it might it be mold, does that make it acceptable? This is nasty, nasty, just pure nastiness and disgusting. A company of your stature should never let complaints like this go unresolved. Disgusting... I saw a mother in Walmart today buying 3 different six packs today, and I wanted to say something, but I decided not to, to think other people will be having this same experience, really does not sit well with me. This is not okay by any means.

Original review: March 26, 2018

I bought a case of the Gatorade Flow Smooth variety pack and today this bottle I was just about to open, I noticed something floating all inside of it and no it’s not expired, it was a cloudy milky like liquid inside the bottle and I was very disturbed by this, I didn’t open the bottle. I bought a whole case of it and we have been drinking them, this was a brand I trusted and trusted to let my children drink. I’m beyond dissatisfied and disappointed in Gatorade and after reading other stories and seeing similar videos I seen online I’m beyond disappointed and will not buy Gatorade ever again for myself or children.

Gatorade Company Information