2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.8/5 (238 ratings)

About Frito Lay

Frito Lay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

My favorite Classic Lays Potato Chips have been having a very undesirable rancid oil taste to them. Have been hoping it was just an odd bag that had this taste but I have given them a good try over and over and it seems to be the way they all taste now! I hope this is not making people sick! So disappointed! I used to enjoy them so much! I guess I will be looking for Charles Chips which I can buy online or at a local Country Store that carries them.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Not sure what oil is being used, At times too much salt, but lately they have an oniony taste. I have tried all sizes and several stores they all taste the same terrible! trying to recycle oil and it tastes terrible! Remember when Ruffles did this? Everyone quit buying their chips for awhile!

Original review: March 28, 2020

I brought three canisters of Stax originals. Every chip was broken into many pieces. There was not a single chip that was whole. I would have thought being in a hard plastic canister they would be protected. So disappointed.

Original review: March 1, 2020

The variety pack contained a bag of red taped salt and vinegar chips that are opened in the back. They are date stamped over top of the red tape. Not exactly sure what happened. Is the bag defective or is the entire pack no good?

Original review: Feb. 23, 2020

Can’t quite put my finger on it but something is different tasting. My family has enjoyed Lay’s lightly salted potato chips for quite a while now but the last several bags I’ve purchased taste “off” and the texture seems different. Lay’s, go back to your original recipe. These remind me of oven baked chips. We want our old Lay’s potato chips back pretty please????

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I bought the large bag of "Scoops" Corn Chips at Sam's Club in Jackson, TN. The normal shape was not present. Small pieces of Misshaped chips and the flavor was off. If a customer returns the product to the store and complains, the store and product producer has an opportunity to save the customer. They don't have that opportunity with me. I have been a Frito-Lay and Sam's Club customer for a number of years... No more.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Please go back to the original recipe. I have always bought Lays chips. The yellow bag classic is my favorite. The chips are now worse than any store brand I’ve bought. They are tasteless and have a awful after taste. Also small thin chips and pieces taste like cardboard.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Burnt chips. Tastes awful. Cheapened ingredients. I’m through with Lays! Store brands are not great but better than the new Lays. I have loved lays for 50 years and the chips were always of a good size, white in color. Good tasting. There never was a better chip. However. Last year there was a dramatic change: small, burnt, not crispy chips. They were rated F by me. I have had my last bag. They ruined a good thing. I used to give them an A, now F is how I rate them. Too bad they cheapened the type of potato and oil used and how they are manufactured. Bring back the good Lays!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I bought a bag of Tostitos and there was a large white thing stuck to a chip. I have no clue what it was. It looked like glue or I don't know what it was. It was way bigger then the chip. Half the bag of chips were eaten before it was found. So far, nobody has got sick.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

So, since they updated to the new bag (I believe in Nov or Dec), the chip bags I've been getting have all tasted stale and burnt! I've gone through 5 bags and all of them have had at least some burnt chips, and 3 of the bags have been all burnt chips. I was lucky on the 4th one to get a bag with only around 5 burnt chips, but that's the only time I've been lucky! My 5th bag is half good, half burnt tasting. They don't even look burnt; they just taste like they are burnt.

Frito Lay Company Information