3.63/5

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

Frito Lay

Get matched with the best Home Warranty for you!

174 Frito Lay Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 30, 2019

I bought an individual size bag of Doritos for a snack today and they did not taste the same... I googled to see if the recipe was different but, can't find reliable information. Additionally, within minutes of me eating these chips my stomach was so bloated and making weird noises... It only got worse from there, I'll spare you the details. Whatever you've done to my favorite chip, I'm so disappointed! I genuinely won't even be able to eat them again. :(

Original review: July 22, 2019

I think most of us buy generic to save money, using that money to buy the things you don't skimp on. For me, it was name brand Fritos. Not anymore, the 1st bag, thought hmmm, the quality control person had an off day. Second bag, concerned this was a pattern. By bag 3, decided, nope Fritos had changed something and not for the good. The chips are thin and taste different. The bags are literally just full of bits & pieces. I found myself getting excited when I found a whole chip which is ridiculous. I'm buying store brand from now on. Why would I pay 2-3x more for a product that doesn't care about quality.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I bought a bag of Lay's Honey Barbecue chips last month and they tasted bad. The seasoning was off and the potato did not taste right. The 3 of us adults in our household all tried them and agreed they were bad. So I took them back to the store and exchanged them for another bag, same flavor, after a few weeks passed to make sure it wasn’t from the same batch. The second bag also tasted bad. I don’t understand. We buy these flavored chips at least twice a month and never had this experience. I even emailed the company to let them know, but I got no response.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Food! Have been eating Nacho Cheese Doritos literally since they hit the market in the 1970's. Always a enjoyed them, often over-ate them. Today I had a few from an older bag. Didn't taste great so I opened another. I enjoyed a few then put the bag away. A few minutes later, I started bloating and feeling nauseous. Only one ingredient makes me feel this way. Sure enough, look on the bag, and red and green bell peppers have been added. WTH! THESE ARE NIGHTSHADE VEGETABLES. Many people have GI or allergies to these ingredients. I've avoided many processed foods for this very reason. When and why would these toxic nasties be added?? You've nearly killed me. ☠☠☠

Original review: July 7, 2019

First off, LOVE THE CHIP! But our past several purchases of them have been far from what they use to be. Chips are WICKED THIN!! Actually they SUCK! Seems that the quality has been shoved to the side, bags are far from their usual half full, and the price has gone way out of sight. It's a sad thing our whole family and our neighbors all agree, maybe the companies that rely on consumer consumption to drive their profits need to step back and review how their cutting corners by putting inferior products out there and expect folks to spend money for brittle/crumbs. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?

Original review: July 1, 2019

I purchased a 2 pack bags of Frito Lay products, Plain Wavy Chips and Cheese Puffs (which I haven't eaten yet) from BJ's and immediately upon eating the chips something was seriously off. The chips tasted as if the oil it was fried in was bad or had been compromised. Making sure it wasn't my taste buds, I tried again paying closer attention and I more vividly tasted this awful taste I had NEVER tasted from one of my most frequently purchased chips. Less than 10 mins later, I started getting an upset stomach and bowel issues. I will be returning all my remaining unopened Frito Lay products back to BJ's and I will also be writing the company directly. Something needs to be done. If this is a error fix it! If this is a new recipe, switch it back! People including myself are getting sick from these chips. You will lose BUSINESS and PROFIT!

Original review: June 28, 2019

Lays Dill Pickle Chips. I love these chips and today I bit into one that tasted like bleach. I swallowed some and spit the rest out. I had a horrible bleach/chemical aftertaste that you could smell on my breath. I will never buy this brand again. I’m really hoping I'm wasn’t poisoned or something.

Original review: June 11, 2019

Frito Lay making Cheetos extremely salty. No cheesy flavor, too much salt???? Horrible taste. I purchased a big box???? of Frito Lay Chips and they adding too much salt???? Way too much. I can’t eat it. Specially Cheetos crunchy and Fritos as well, no flavor, mostly salt, salt and salt. I don’t recommend Frito Lay!

Original review: June 11, 2019

I have noticed a change in the flavor of your Wavy lays. They do not always taste bad. I think it is the grease they are fried in. I think the grease that fries hotter and faster is the bad tasting grease. They have a horrible smell and even worse taste. The last 3 bags I have purchased at Walmart have all been bad. Please stop using this oil. It's horrible and I just can not eat them. Guess I will have to change chips.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I’m so upset. I just bought my children their favorite Lays Wavy chips and Lays ranch dip. I opened the bag and chips are all burnt & my kids won’t even touch a chip saying “mommy why do they have black spots, are they bad? They look yucky.” I just wasted money and opened a bag of chips that no one will eat now. :( So disappointed. Never seen a bag of chips like this before.

Frito Lay Company Information