2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5

Frito Lay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Yesterday, I purchased a bag of Tostitos for a taco dip. We opened the bag and all put chips on our plates. My son got towards the bottom of the bag and said “What is this??” It looks like a rodent tail! Yuck!! It’s about 3” long. Needless to say we tossed the rest of the bag!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I bought a family bag of Ruffles, I love to eat them with hot sauce. Today, I put some potatoes on my plate and get some hot salsa on them, I got my second portion and I felt this hard staff difficult to chew, so I took it out of my mouth and I found what it seems to be the sharp end part of a plastic fork or something else. I think I swallow a portion of it because I can feel on my esophagus something sharp...I may call 911. I have some of the pieces and I already took pictures of it, but there is no way to attach here as far as I can see.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I’m done with Lay’s Classic Potato Chips. It seems like there is no quality control whatsoever. From one bag to the next, you never know what will be inside. These chips used to be consistently the same from bag to bag - good! Not anymore!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I purchased a party size bag of Ruffles chips. There was a small piece of metal in the chips, I discovered while chewing. I thought I rammed my teeth against each other. When I spit out the chips there was something a little larger than a pin tip and a smaller piece in the chips. I saved everything and reached out to Frito Lay but haven’t heard anything yet. I need to have my teeth checked on that side now to ensure no damage to them. Quality control is definitely missing and I am concerned. I reached out to them 3 days ago and no one has responded yet.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I bought a bag of Lay's classic chips, which happened to be my favorite until now. I FOUND RAT BONES MF RAT BONES IN THE BOTTOM OF THE BAG! CLOSE LAY'S DOWN. Whatever company owns them need to be closed too. I also have pictures.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

I’d love to know what happened to Lay’s potato chips!! They were the BEST chips out there!! Yellow bag all nice and crispy outside like you knew the bag would protect the chips from breaking. Well not anymore! Chips are terrible! No taste! Flat not crispy chips at all! No little saltiness to them either. These are worse than Wise now!! I have been biting these all my life. I’m 50. And the last 2 I got were terrible. Please go back to making them the way you did. And I will return. I see all these comments here so I know I’m not imagining it.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2019

Most Frito Lay chips are acceptable, at best, in quality and flavour. They're the McDonald's of chips: they are not good, not even close, but they are everywhere and easy to find; they're convenient. I tried a new flavour, Onion Rings, and now I feel stupid for trusting Frito Lay to do something new without making mistakes. Onion Rings is a revolting flavour that tastes nothing like Onion Rings, let alone onions. It tastes the way that garbage smells if you were to add salt. Don't buy it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

We buy Frito-Lay chips ALL the time. Literally we spend hundreds of dollars on chips a year. I grew up on them, my parents grew up on them. They are an American staple. Anyway who doesn't like a good chip? :). I noticed a difference in taste a few months ago in the Cheetos. They taste like cardboard and their texture changed as well. I was hoping I had just gotten a bad batch. But then I picked up some Fritos and yet again flavor was completely different, had a funny taste, almost like the bag chemicals had leached into the chip. Maybe they changed the oil they use?

This week I had picked up a bag of the yummy Kettle Cooked chips (original). Again big disappointment I checked the bag date good until October but they tasted like some type of chemical had gotten in the chips yet again. So so so disappointed. I do not see myself buying any Frito-lay products again in the future. Such a waste. They created something great yet ruined a great American staple.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I recently bought three bags of Ruffles. First bag purchased tasted stale. Thought maybe it was just that bag. Purchased two more for a family gathering and both tasted stale. All expiration dates were in October. Ruffles was our chip of choice but I will not waste any more money when we ended up throwing them away. So disappointed!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

This is my second bag of bad chips from Frito Lay. The latest was a bag of tortilla chips that had huge chunks of black stuff. I really hope it was just broken up chips that stayed in the fryer overnight. Seems like the brand is not what it once was, they are missing a critical QA step over there. Over 35 years of enjoying this brand and 2 bad experiences so close together, just makes me want to say no thanks, there are other brands out there.

Frito Lay Company Information