2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.88/5

Frito Lay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

I bought the large bag of "Scoops" Corn Chips at Sam's Club in Jackson, TN. The normal shape was not present. Small pieces of Misshaped chips and the flavor was off. If a customer returns the product to the store and complains, the store and product producer has an opportunity to save the customer. They don't have that opportunity with me. I have been a Frito-Lay and Sam's Club customer for a number of years... No more.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2020

Please go back to the original recipe. I have always bought Lays chips. The yellow bag classic is my favorite. The chips are now worse than any store brand I’ve bought. They are tasteless and have a awful after taste. Also small thin chips and pieces taste like cardboard.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Burnt chips. Tastes awful. Cheapened ingredients. I’m through with Lays! Store brands are not great but better than the new Lays. I have loved lays for 50 years and the chips were always of a good size, white in color. Good tasting. There never was a better chip. However. Last year there was a dramatic change: small, burnt, not crispy chips. They were rated F by me. I have had my last bag. They ruined a good thing. I used to give them an A, now F is how I rate them. Too bad they cheapened the type of potato and oil used and how they are manufactured. Bring back the good Lays!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

I bought a bag of Tostitos and there was a large white thing stuck to a chip. I have no clue what it was. It looked like glue or I don't know what it was. It was way bigger then the chip. Half the bag of chips were eaten before it was found. So far, nobody has got sick.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2019

So, since they updated to the new bag (I believe in Nov or Dec), the chip bags I've been getting have all tasted stale and burnt! I've gone through 5 bags and all of them have had at least some burnt chips, and 3 of the bags have been all burnt chips. I was lucky on the 4th one to get a bag with only around 5 burnt chips, but that's the only time I've been lucky! My 5th bag is half good, half burnt tasting. They don't even look burnt; they just taste like they are burnt.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2019

Yesterday, I purchased a bag of Tostitos for a taco dip. We opened the bag and all put chips on our plates. My son got towards the bottom of the bag and said “What is this??” It looks like a rodent tail! Yuck!! It’s about 3” long. Needless to say we tossed the rest of the bag!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I bought a family bag of Ruffles, I love to eat them with hot sauce. Today, I put some potatoes on my plate and get some hot salsa on them, I got my second portion and I felt this hard staff difficult to chew, so I took it out of my mouth and I found what it seems to be the sharp end part of a plastic fork or something else. I think I swallow a portion of it because I can feel on my esophagus something sharp...I may call 911. I have some of the pieces and I already took pictures of it, but there is no way to attach here as far as I can see.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I’m done with Lay’s Classic Potato Chips. It seems like there is no quality control whatsoever. From one bag to the next, you never know what will be inside. These chips used to be consistently the same from bag to bag - good! Not anymore!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

I purchased a party size bag of Ruffles chips. There was a small piece of metal in the chips, I discovered while chewing. I thought I rammed my teeth against each other. When I spit out the chips there was something a little larger than a pin tip and a smaller piece in the chips. I saved everything and reached out to Frito Lay but haven’t heard anything yet. I need to have my teeth checked on that side now to ensure no damage to them. Quality control is definitely missing and I am concerned. I reached out to them 3 days ago and no one has responded yet.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I bought a bag of Lay's classic chips, which happened to be my favorite until now. I FOUND RAT BONES MF RAT BONES IN THE BOTTOM OF THE BAG! CLOSE LAY'S DOWN. Whatever company owns them need to be closed too. I also have pictures.

Frito Lay Company Information