3.7/5 (141 ratings)

About Frito Lay

Frito Lay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

My husband recently bought me a bag of salt and vinegar chips because they are my favorite. I opened the bag, ate two chips, then pulled out a soft brown ball. It was moist and had an odor. This is not the first time I've had this happen but I thought I would give it one more chance. Never again, this is just way too disgusting. I have always loved Lay's chips but I don't think I will buy them anymore. All their flavors have gotten bad over the last three years.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

After several attempts eating sour cream and onion I kept getting explosive diarrhea. After isolating it to these chips. Not sure what they are doing different. But I will not be eating these chips again.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

The last several bags of Lay's Classic Potato Chips party size have been less than desirable. I literally eat a handful. Lost another customer. I am not sure if it's the oil or the quality of the potatoes.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Bought Fritos from Sam's Club yesterday, opened them today and smelled a strange odor that I thought was a kerosene odor. The chips did have a plastic taste along with a spoiled oil taste and left a terrible after taste. I have enjoyed Fritos for years and never tasted anything like this in lays products. I see others have similar experiences. If this is the new Lays, I have bought the last bag. These found their new home, the trash can!

Original review: July 12, 2021

Okay, I normally LOVE Ruffles. But today I had an individual bag from a multi-pack and it tasted awful; like fish. The bag was not expired. Markings on the bag: 21SEP2021, 574116907, 76, 12:11. This seems odd, but it’s shortly after I ate them and now I feel weird. Sort of light-headed or something. Maybe just psycho-somatic, I don’t know.

Original review: April 15, 2021

My family and I like the Lays Stax's in all flavors. For the past 2 months every container we purchased is 50% crumbs. I’m am not spending anymore of my money on these! Me and my family will be going back to Pringles.

Original review: March 25, 2021

On 03/24/2021 I open a bag of ruffles from a Variety box chips that I purchased from Costco and found something disgusting inside once I got to the bottom of the bag. It looks like some type of animal fur.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Lately all of the chips from Frito Lay have been tasting really bad. Almost as if they had gone bad then recycled back to life. I don’t know how to explain the weird taste but I hope I’m not alone on this.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Every bag of Fritos or Scoops I have bought in the past 3 months have tasted burnt. They used to be a very light yellow and had a soft crunch to them. Now they’re all slightly browned and taste like they’ve been cooked 2 minutes too long.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I was nearly done eating my Doritos Flamin' Hot Lime chips, and at this point I was eating the crumbs and so I grab a pinch full and I begin to chew and my tooth hits something hard without full force, and for a second I think it's a hard chip that was slightly burnt but I begin to feel the cold smooth sides with my tongue and I reach in and grab a PIECE OF METAL??? It looked like a soldered piece and has a few sharp edges. I am HAPPY I didn't swallow it but imagine your little ones swallowing this piece? It's frightening! I can't fathom how the heck THIS made its way into the bag????

Frito Lay Company Information