1.59/5
Based on 110 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Frito Lay

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 30, 2017

117 Frito Lay Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

What happened!! These were my favorite at one time and now they are nasty!! It tastes like the oil they use now has a distinct taste that overcomes the whole chip enjoying experience. I believe it's the oil but not sure. It does change the potato flavor and not in a good way. It changes the crispness and the way they feel. I had to throw them out because no one would eat them due to the flavor and the abovementioned. I also have noticed Cabot Cheese is another product that use to be great but that has been messed with too an awful bitter taste ugh!! Bring back the old way of making them please!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

What's up with Lays classic potato chips? After purchasing several bags lately I am convinced that they are not of high quality any longer. Lays Chips are now stale, tasteless & just bad. Does anyone know what the problem is here? I won't buy another bag of anything with Lays on it until they fix this big problem... So unless you like stale, tasteless potato chips I wouldn't buy any either if I were you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I enjoyed eating these cookies until this one cookie had a crunch! I spit the cookie out and looked at what this crunch could be? I've never experienced this before and it just made me wonder, is this a freaking pill, will I get sick! Looks like a crushed pill or maybe it is one of the ingredients? I was so disgusted for this to happen to my favorite peanut butter cookie. I don't know if I would want to purchase another 'Grandma's Cookies' after this incident. Did not find my receipt, but I hope to have this sorted out!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I purchased a variety pack that consisted different brands of Frito-Lays. I purchased the bag on September 11, 2017. I opened a bag of Frito's that were stale and it was expired. All of the Frito's and Sun chips were expired. The other chips in the bundle were good until the 26th of September. Why in the world would you put different dates in the bundle bags.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I love your chips regular ones that is, but why do you add too much salt. Can't you just use less salt on regular chips and less sodium and salt on the chili and bbcue Frito chips. I suffer with hypertension. We as people want to enjoy them but with low salt and low sodium. I don't like the bake potato chips. TY.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My daughter was eating her favorite Doritos and then all of a sudden she happily screamed, I found a brownie cookie!!! "Wait what?! Let me see", I said and then I found the most disgusting thing smells like plastic. "I am sorry dear. That was your last Doritos", I said.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Lays Classic Chips: I always get a bag of these chips when I shop at Walmart. This is the first time in my life, 64 years, that I have gotten anything distasteful, which is pretty good. Anyway, I was eating and watching TV, when I noticed that the chips tasted like soap! I got my husband to eat some, and he said he had a faint taste as he hadn't eaten as many as I had. Couldn't get rid of the taste, got nauseous, and an upset stomach. Since finding I had diabetes, I eat very healthy, the Lays my only treat. I can't feel that it had to be these chips. I won't stop buying them, like I say, 64 years. And I love them! Keeping the faith, Lays!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Bought a large family size bag of Lays BBQ chips. The bag was full of little pieces of broken chips. Ok, sometimes that happens. But, towards the bottom of the bag, I find these two huge chunks of, what I believe is powdered BBQ flavoring. On my plate you can see the crumbs of chips and those are not chicken nuggets, those are the flavor chunks from the bag of chips! I feel like they just cleaned out a machine and dumped it into the bag I bought!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Bought Lay's Smooth Ranch Dip, at a local Wal-Mart. It has been refrigerated & pulled it out & am purely disgusted by what I found!! First noticed purple stuff inside jar... Expiration date is Nov. 24, 2017... Upon opening jar, found SEVERAL different colored STUFF!!!! Today's date is Aug. 16, 2017... to put a point on the expiration date!!! I will NEVER buy this product again, I don't care HOW GOOD IT MAY TASTE!!!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I was just eating some pretzel sticks from a bag of Rold Gold pretzels I just bought the other day and I came across GREEN pretzel sticks!!! I have no idea what to think??!?!? Ugh it is so gross. My daughter has been sick the last couple of days and I wonder if these pretzels could be the culprit! She would not eat a green one, but if they are mixed in there amongst the others?!?! Ugh so disgusting. I don't keep my receipts, so I don't have it, of course, but I always use my King Soopers card, so I am guessing my purchase could be tracked? Anyway, gross... Disgusting... Upsetting.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I have been buying Doritos nacho cheese flavor for YEARS... The last few months, we have noticed there is less of the flavoring put on the nacho chips! It's almost like we are eating tortilla chips. Even my kids noticed the difference & said they don't like them anymore. Sad since it was my one late night snack for YEARS! Not going to buy them anymore if this is what it's come to. So sad.

Original review: July 9, 2017

My 11-year daughter was eating a bag out of the flavor mix bag bought from Kroger in Humble, Texas. As she was about to finish up on a bag of Sour Cream & Onion she notice what looks to appear to be a cloth. We just don't know.

Original review: July 6, 2017

Very displeased with Lays. The first thing I ate this morning was a handful of sour cream and onion chips and I found a sharp piece of metal in my mouth. Although they are delicious, I am weary and will be inspecting my snacks thoroughly from now on. Hopefully this was just a fluke.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Bought the bag and my family had almost finished it over a few days. I poured the last of the chips onto a plate and spotted what looks like a mouse turd. We keep the bag sealed whenever we are through eating from it. No holes in the bag. I asked a few people and they all said it looks like mouse poop or rodent poop. I just sent an email to their contact page. Complete with pictures. Hope to hear back. It's disgusting and a potential health hazard! Makes me not want to eat any processed food. All the "crap" we eat that way!

Original review: June 3, 2017

While sharing a bag of crunchy Cheetos which we had just bought 5 minutes earlier at local gas station on Main Street, my friend Kathy noticed her lower right tooth had completely broken in half. Within a minute I then noticed a hard crunch and just assumed it was just a extra crunchy Cheetos. Sadly it was NOT, a portion of my back lower molar crown had broken off too. We had eaten approx 2/3 of the same bag. Coincidence? I think not!

Original review: May 14, 2017

I opened a bag of Ruffles... While sharing them amongst my small children and spouse... My spouse got almost to the bottom. While reaching in a small LIVE BUG greeted him... It was so gross. And I'll never eat RUFFLES again.

Original review: May 10, 2017

I am leaving a review for the Lays Stax Sour Cream & Onion chips. I have been a long time Frito-Lay customer and I have to just say I am deeply appalled at the quality of this product. The last 3 times I have purchased these chips, within the same week, I have gotten sick after eating them. I know 100% without a doubt that it is these chips making me sick. The days that I had these chips I had nothing else to eat that day. After eating them each time I ended up with stomach cramping followed by vomiting and diarrhea. One of the times my niece had some of the chips with me and she also got sick. As a long time customer this really makes me not ever want to purchase Frito-Lay products again. I can tell you it will be a long time if ever that I will purchase them. Just the thought of them makes me cringe. But in all honesty who is to say the next batch wouldn't make me sick as well. So NO I don't think I will be purchasing them again.

All 3 that made me sick came from the Dollar Tree in my hometown. Even wanting to buy them elsewhere makes me cringe. It's honestly just the thought of getting sick like that again. What can you do really? At this point whether or not I know the chips are safe still wouldn't get that thought out of my head. So I must leave a bad review and warn others about this problem. Nobody deserves to feel like that. Not to mention the lost wages from missing work due to being sick. And other than leaving a review there's not a whole lot I can do. Even if I called Frito-Lay and made a complaint nothing would happen. You would probably send me a coupon for a free Frito-Lay product which obviously at this point I would not use. So what's the point. You're not gonna care whether I lost wages or missed work. You're not gonna care that I was Sick for no reason and had to just live with it. WHEN IT COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED WITH PROPER QUALITY CONTROL.

So why bother saying anything to you guys. At least this way I can warn the public and hopefully prevent it from happening to anyone else. So here's what I got everyone... Frito-Lays Stax Sour Cream & Onion will make you sick. DO NOT EAT THESE!!! Really hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Being sick and missing ANY work in my house isn't OK. That means there's gonna be late bills. So do yourself a favor and just say NO to Frito-Lays... that's all.

Original review: May 2, 2017

While eating a bag of my ex favorite chips I pulled out one of these Green Chunks from my Frito Lay Sour Cream and Onion Potato chips, needless to say at first I was very disgusted and unsure of what it was. This is not a box of cracker jacks. I don't like surprises in the bag!!! Bought them at Walmart. Probably won't be purchasing any more chips from either of these guys. Very bad quality control!!!

Original review: May 1, 2017

Never buying Cheetos in my life! Just to go in and look at all the reviews on Frito Lay after finding an awful looking chunk of dried cheese in my bag. Makes me get disgusted. Frito Lay is a big company who should be on top of consumer health and packaging inspection before shipping out to customers. This is just awful, makes me wonder how other companies handle their packaging and what us as customers are really eating without knowing. Maybe a worm would be cleaner to eat than this.

Original review: April 16, 2017

I'm contacting you guys in regards to one of your items that I recently purchased from Walmart. I opened my bag of Lay's potato chips to find something inside the bag that wasn't a potato chip!! I've been a long time customer of your products & to find this is very disgusting to say the least!! I'm very deterred in knowing that this could happen. This has made me sick to my stomach after eating out of the bag before noticing something was in it. I've vomited countless times & has been feeling ill ever since this incident. I've attached pictures for you guys to view. If you would please email me back in regards to this matter I would gladly appreciate it.

Original review: March 13, 2017

Cannot create more flavor ideas. Website is faulty, will not accept existing accounts... truly biased. After entering a few flavor ideas, it no longer accepts new ideas, and is therefore biased toward all consumers. When a huge cash prize is at stake, these mistakes absolutely cannot happen! I couldn't even complain to the company because the emails were not received! Very poor customer service!

Original review: March 3, 2017

I bought a bag of the regular Tostitos scoops. Made it to the bottom of the bag to find something I can't even describe. It's either skin of a really big bug/bugs. It's Brown almost like fried chicken but has a rubbery feel to it. I contacted Frito-Lay and their response was it may have been extra dough from when the chips were cut. Extra dough is discarded but made it's way to the bag. They are sending me a prepaid envelope to mail them this nasty things that was in my bag of Tostitos along with the original bag.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

I love Doritos, my favorite type are Nacho cheese. On January 30th 2017 at 11:32pm, I was casually eating a large, regular sized bag of nacho cheese Doritos. I reached inside and PULLED OUT a large black nugget.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I was eating Cheetos with my husband when he spit out what looks like chicken bones into his hand. I'm almost completely positive they are bones, not sure what kind. I am completely horrified and feel like throwing up. Is there anything I can do? I want to know what the hell it is, and if I should be worried about us getting sick!!! I will never eat Cheetos ever again, or buy ANY Frito Lay products ever again. I ate half of the bag before he spit this out. What did I just eat? I am outraged, and feel physically sick!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

I love the taste and everything about the smooth ranch dip, but every single time I eat it, I end up vomiting and being profusely sick. I'm not lactose intolerant and I don't have any food allergies at all, for that matter. I'm incredibly confused and frustrated that it makes me so incredibly sick.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Something is slipping with Lay's Potato Chips. The quality is not what it used to be. Also, recently I have noticed that the amount of the chips has seriously decreased. I just purchased a "Party Size" bag and it was hardly half full. I think there would be more chips with two regular, Classic bags. Very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

The quality of Lays Regular Chips is no longer a sure thing. Over the last year or more, we have been purchasing 4-5 family size or party size bags each week (often more). It seems that only every 4th or 5th bag is good (if we are lucky). The others are stale? They are tasteless. They taste like paper. I am really not a happy customer. That is a lot of hard earned money spent to not be satisfied. All were purchased at grocery stores in the area (Hudson, Rigaud, Vaudreuil for example). We pay more for quality but do not get it. Should I start buying another brand? Will your quality control pay more attention? I am anxious to read your reply and to be advised of the course of action you will take. What will you do to rectify the problem? Thank you. Note: this is a serious review.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2016

My kids and I consume a lot of snack foods. Even though, to be frugal, I have occasionally purchased "generic" snack foods. Unquestionably, Frito-Lay products are far superior. You get what you pay for. I have a friend who used to work for me who is now a route driver for the company. He told me how they rotate product for maximum freshness and handle their product with extreme care. So, if one wants to enjoy great tasting snack foods, go for Frito-Lay.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2016

Purchased a large bag of Lay's Wavy Chips Original. My hubby ate about 20 of them and when I reached in I felt something soft. Pulled out a chip and on it was a large mass of brown stuff. Disgusting and so nauseating. Will no longer purchase anything made by Frito Lay. Yuck!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2016

I found a piece of waxed paper in my bag of chips that I usually share with my 3yr old granddaughter. What if she would have choked on this piece of waxed paper? I am really thinking about contacting my attorney because this is ridiculous and dangerous. Thank you.

Frito Lay Company Information