3.65/5

153 Frito Lay Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 6, 2019

I never post reviews! However this is the worst chip dip I have ever had. No other words to explain other than it is just bad! I have since tossed it in the trash. It has something to do with the taste itself like old mayo. I put it in the fridge thinking maybe that would help but it didn't. I have checked the expiration date, and not expired or coming close to expire. Maybe the formula is just off or something?

Original review: April 15, 2019

We purchased a 14 1/2 oz. Bag of Tostitos scoops about a week ago. We just opened it 2 days ago. They were fine at first, then when we opened it again today 4-14-19 Sun. From there on out the chips were all broken. Please respond A.S.A.P. We paid more than $3.50. I would like a refund or a coupon for a free bag. I will not buy those scoops again. We will just stick to the regular chips. I've been buying your chips for more than 30 plus years. We don't mind paying for the product, but I want what I paid for. Thanks Michael & Joanne.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2019

The new Flamin' Hot Doritos literally burned my tongue. It was good but I really recommend that y'all take it down 2 notches before someone gets hurt. It's my first time trying them, they have too much sauce, they are good just please reduce flaming hot sauce/powder.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Our family loves Tostitos. I’m so sad to report I bit into a SHARP chip that punctured a complete hole under my tongue. The pain was excruciating!! It was such a shock I don’t know if I ever see myself getting these again. Wish Tostitos could make it up to me???? Ouchhh!

Original review: March 14, 2019

I remember buying these crackers back when I was a kid. I am 66 now, never have been big on candy bars. I use to buy 4 to 5 of the Frito Lay Cheese Peanut Butter Crackers by the 8 pack. And when they changed the name to Munchies some years ago, it seems that Frito Lay added something sweet to the formula. I did stop buying them years ago because of the sweet flavor you added. Frito Lay please bring back the old formula. Lenny

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?

Original review: March 13, 2019

I've bought these for years and enjoyed them a lot. Suddenly the cheddar sun chips disappeared from Costco...then Dollarama. Last 2 bags I bought seemed to cut my tongue both times I ate them. Don't manufacturers have to do recalls?

Original review: March 11, 2019

The Lays Classic chips in this combo pack guaranteed fresh date 9April2019 has no smell but taste like rotten potato. The little bit I did consume out of the 1 oz package has caused me severe stomach pains and trips to the bathroom. My daughter ate the sour cream and onion from the combo pack and said, "Mom my tongue burns." I tried one. Sure enough it was like a chemical taste and my tongue burned. HORRIBLE.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Seeing these chips in the store, we were so excited to try them! We love dill pickle flavored chips & we love spicy. These chips were far too spicy. Spicy to the point where they instantly hurt your mouth, unenjoyable to say at the least. Please make a flavor that isn’t “flaming hot” but “spicy” instead. I’d buy every bag off of the shelf. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Until recently these chips had great flavor and same texture as regular chips. Now they have no taste and are brittle and sharp-edged, like glass shards, with few intact chips in bag. Actually cut my tongue!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I have been eating Lays Classic Potato chips every single day for the last 3 months. Got a new bag with an expiration of 9 April 2019. Chips seem to be of different texture...maybe thicker and more starchy, less of the original thin buttery crisp. Also, whatever they are coated in literally burned my mouth and throat, like an instant poisonous irritant! Have you ever gotten hairspray in your mouth on accident? Well if you haven't, you will know what that feels like after eating these. They taste like they are coated in lite salt, or baking soda that burns and leaves a horrible after taste. Very disappointed as these were my favorite go to snack. I just read the ingredient label and realized they have scaled down the quality of the oils used to make these.

I have been on an allergy elimination diet so I had been eating these chips due to the fact they only had three ingredients and were safe for me to eat: potatoes, sunflower oil, and salt. Now the ingredients contain CORN and canola oil! Of course I am not supposed to be eating corn, so thank you to exposing me to a potential allergen! Pretty shady that companies can change the ingredients on products without any sort of warning! Forget the fact they might make me sick, they are now unedible! Why do companies always have to go and change such perfect products?!!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

Today, I purchased a bag from Walgreen's. Paid $4.29 for two bags... Expiration date is April 9, 2019... Well, they were fried in rancid oil. They smell rancid and more importantly they taste rancid. They are terrible. Both bags are unedible. (EATING FOOD COOKED IN RANCID OIL CAN CREATE BIG PROBLEMS IN THE BUT AND BOWEL) so needless to say, as a medical person, I refuse to eat them.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I absolutely am hooked on Ruffles potato chips and have been buying them for years. However, the last few months I have gotten bags that have been overcooked. Anyone else noticing this? Is there a specific complaint department to whom to present this?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

If I had wanted Onion and Garlic potato chips I would have bought Onion and Garlic potato chips, what I really really wanted was Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper potato chips but what did I get? You guessed it! Why do you guys suppose that a little onion and garlic powder improves the taste of everything, including salt? It's just not true.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I was eating out of a bag of Harvest Cheddar Sun Chips when I came across a chunk of undercooked chips all stuck together, about 24 raw uncooked chips clumped on one another. There was also a considerable amount of uncooked chips by themselves in the bag. Love the chips but this is the second time in a month I’ve had a bag full of raw chips.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

I would pay full price for these chips over others on sale because they WERE really good and perfectly salty. I especially liked the chips that folded over while cooking. What happened to the flavor and what happened to the folded ones?

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I bought a bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos and there was no cheese on my Doritos. These are our favorite chips and to be disappointed that no nacho cheese on our chips. The chips did not taste right. We are very disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

I've loved Fritos corn chips for 50 years. When I was a teenager, the ingredients were corn, can't recall what kind of oil, perhaps vegetable or corn, and salt. Back then I was wanting to be a health-conscious, so I ate and enjoyed them even though they had salt. But now, and the last two times I bought them, the oil and perhaps the bag itself smell weird, like fish oil. As I said, the 2nd to the last time I bought a big bag, and upon opening it, the smell was so gross that I tossed it out. A couple weeks' later, I bought a smaller bag with similar wrapping hoping that smell wouldn't exist, but upon opening the bag, it did. What's the problem? GMOs? The newer plastic wrapping? The oil itself? Very disappointed, Frito Lay. You lost a decades-long customer.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I’m so let down Frito Lay, 6 decades of your classic potato chips and the corn chips being my all time most favorite hands down and now it’s boiled down to this awful, tasteless, bad nothingness. What changed, did you change the cooking oil to some other fake garbage that leaves a bad oily aftertaste when eating the potato chips. Olestra or whatever it was comes to mind years ago - yukkko. Taking the jumbo bag of barely eaten potato chips back for refund and won’t buy them again, already found a wonderful replacement.

And as far as the corn chips, tasteless nothingness as well as the bean dip I used to eat with them, totally off tasting bland, so bummed. Not sure where I’ll find a replacement for the corn chip and bean dip but won’t buy this junk again. So bummed after close to 6 decades of loving your products. And those poor people that found foreign objects in your products, reminds me of the sinking hostess ship with bad union problems where things were being sabotaged to force company into higher wages but instead it went belly up.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

These are good usually, but recently I've bought 3 bags in a row that literally had no taste. The seeds were just void of any sort of taste, yet the product dates were all well within reason having many months before they expire. Time to switch brands. Up till now they were good so I don't know what happened to them.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased a bag of Lay’s plain potato chips. And immediately the smell was off. I looked inside of my bag to discover a weird brown mound of burnt non potato chip. I don't know what it is. I need to have it examined. I'm grossed out! Ewwww!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

For the past year I have been buying the Lay's Sour cream and onion chips, as they are one of my favorites but I have noticed maybe the past five times that I have bought them, the bag is usually filled with broken, burnt and poor flavored chips! These are not exactly cheap chips depending on where you buy them but I'm tired of buying chips that are horrible. I even thought maybe the store I was buying them from was the issue but no, no matter where I buy them they are always broken (nearly crumbs) and burnt! Nevermind that the decent pieces don't have much of a taste. I have to know what is going on when it comes to packaging these? Why should I spend four bucks on broken, burnt, and tasteless chips?! Please fix these issues.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

You don't want potato chips to melt in your mouth. We used to eat UTZ potato chips but, when I tried Lays, there was no turning back. Have been buying for many years now. They never taste stale. What have you done to these potato chips. Now when opening a new bag they taste stale right from the start, UGH! What happened to the crunch! It's got to be the oil! Very disappointed and, I refuse to buy them again!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I brought a bag of bacon wrapped jalapeño wrapped chips. We was excited to try them. But what a HUGE disappointment!!! We can’t even eat the bag. There isn’t any BACON or JALAPEÑO taste at ALL!!! A waste of money. DON’T BUY... so VERY DISAPPOINTED.

Original review: May 23, 2018

About a month ago, I purchased a small bag of Funyuns from a local store. Towards the end of my Funyuns, I bit down on something very hard and unpleasant. I spit everything out of my mouth to find a penny. I bit down on a penny that was inside a Funyun. My front tooth hurt a tad bit so as I felt around with my tongue and looked in the mirror. I saw my front tooth had a small chip in it. The next day I called Frito Lay to complain about this incident. Do you think they were concerned? No! The person I was speaking with in their Consumer Affairs Dept made it clear that they were a million dollar company and I had to prove to them that the penny was in the bag. All I was trying to do was explain to them that I bit down on a penny that was in one of their bags of Funyuns and I would like for them to pay my dental expenses to have my tooth fixed. I have no reason to make up a crazy story like this.

Since then, I have done nothing but fill out forms and paperwork to explain what happened. I finally received a form for dental procedures and of course, I have to pay for everything out of my pocket and hope to get reimbursed. I asked several people I know, should I get an attorney? Should I just work with them or forget about the whole thing? Some said work with them while others said forget about it cause Frito Lay doesn't care about you. It's made me mad enough to never buy another Frito Lay product again and to tell everyone I know about it. You hear of these crazy stories about roaches, bugs and mice in foods. I can see that happening in a huge factory with open vats, but a penny!!! How does a penny get into a vat or on the production line/belt?

Original review: May 1, 2018

Purchased this Lay's Smooth Ranch Dip from King Soopers in April 2018. Opened it today and found black and orange gunk under the lid. Doesn’t smell like anything more so just looks concerning, having been unopened.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I eat flaming hot chips all the time including Takis, and Cheetos. So I thought I would love to try hot Fritos. While they tasted okay- I was up puking all night!! I’ve never been so sick from eating chips in my life. Pull this product!!

Original review: March 25, 2018

Lay's had this contest going in the summer and some people who made it in time (which I did or wouldn't be able to participate in) So we were told to personalize/ design a bag of Lay's and they said they would make it and send us the print on their bag when you made it on their website. Well surprise surprise. I never got mine. It took hours for me to design and then after they asked me all this information. It's not cool or right for them to offer something then never make good on it. They ended up wasting my time, along with my design, and personal info they most likely will use to cross trade with other giant companies. I don't like the fact that they offered something and just really didn't hold up their end of the bargain yet they got what they asked for.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I purchased a box of the variety spicy chips from Wal-Mart and as I was eating the spicy nacho flavor I chewed on something that looked like wood and I choked on it. I was not happy about this at all. If my bag had some in it I’m sure it’s plenty more out there that have some also.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I won't go on a long tirade... But today, 3/1/18, I purchased a bag of Lay's Classic Potato Chips. I rarely buy chips of any sort, but I crave these once in a blue moon. What the heck happened? They aren't as thin, have a different 'crunch' to them, and they have an odd taste. Guessing maybe a new oil or something? Not a fan of this though... Bummed. These just don't even seem like the same chip in any way, shape or form. Weird.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Besides the time I bought crackers that had weevils both alive and exoskeletons in the pack my only other complaint would be that their chips do not have any toppings on them hardly anymore. I used to savor in the especially cheesy ones or ranch Doritos but now they are bland without hardly any topping. They are not worth the $4 a bag that most stores charge. You are basically eating corn chips with no flavoring and paying a bucket load of money for them. For as much as they cost you would think they could keep their customers taste buds satisfied and provide better quality control.

Frito Lay Company Information