1.56/5
Based on 128 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

135 Frito Lay Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

These are good usually, but recently I've bought 3 bags in a row that literally had no taste. The seeds were just void of any sort of taste, yet the product dates were all well within reason having many months before they expire. Time to switch brands. Up till now they were good so I don't know what happened to them.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I purchased a bag of Lay’s plain potato chips. And immediately the smell was off. I looked inside of my bag to discover a weird brown mound of burnt non potato chip. I don't know what it is. I need to have it examined. I'm grossed out! Ewwww!

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

For the past year I have been buying the Lay's Sour cream and onion chips, as they are one of my favorites but I have noticed maybe the past five times that I have bought them, the bag is usually filled with broken, burnt and poor flavored chips! These are not exactly cheap chips depending on where you buy them but I'm tired of buying chips that are horrible. I even thought maybe the store I was buying them from was the issue but no, no matter where I buy them they are always broken (nearly crumbs) and burnt! Nevermind that the decent pieces don't have much of a taste. I have to know what is going on when it comes to packaging these? Why should I spend four bucks on broken, burnt, and tasteless chips?! Please fix these issues.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

You don't want potato chips to melt in your mouth. We used to eat UTZ potato chips but, when I tried Lays, there was no turning back. Have been buying for many years now. They never taste stale. What have you done to these potato chips. Now when opening a new bag they taste stale right from the start, UGH! What happened to the crunch! It's got to be the oil! Very disappointed and, I refuse to buy them again!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

I brought a bag of bacon wrapped jalapeño wrapped chips. We was excited to try them. But what a HUGE disappointment!!! We can’t even eat the bag. There isn’t any BACON or JALAPEÑO taste at ALL!!! A waste of money. DON’T BUY... so VERY DISAPPOINTED.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?

Original review: May 23, 2018

About a month ago, I purchased a small bag of Funyuns from a local store. Towards the end of my Funyuns, I bit down on something very hard and unpleasant. I spit everything out of my mouth to find a penny. I bit down on a penny that was inside a Funyun. My front tooth hurt a tad bit so as I felt around with my tongue and looked in the mirror. I saw my front tooth had a small chip in it. The next day I called Frito Lay to complain about this incident. Do you think they were concerned? No! The person I was speaking with in their Consumer Affairs Dept made it clear that they were a million dollar company and I had to prove to them that the penny was in the bag. All I was trying to do was explain to them that I bit down on a penny that was in one of their bags of Funyuns and I would like for them to pay my dental expenses to have my tooth fixed. I have no reason to make up a crazy story like this.

Since then, I have done nothing but fill out forms and paperwork to explain what happened. I finally received a form for dental procedures and of course, I have to pay for everything out of my pocket and hope to get reimbursed. I asked several people I know, should I get an attorney? Should I just work with them or forget about the whole thing? Some said work with them while others said forget about it cause Frito Lay doesn't care about you. It's made me mad enough to never buy another Frito Lay product again and to tell everyone I know about it. You hear of these crazy stories about roaches, bugs and mice in foods. I can see that happening in a huge factory with open vats, but a penny!!! How does a penny get into a vat or on the production line/belt?

Original review: May 1, 2018

Purchased this Lay's Smooth Ranch Dip from King Soopers in April 2018. Opened it today and found black and orange gunk under the lid. Doesn’t smell like anything more so just looks concerning, having been unopened.

Original review: April 19, 2018

I eat flaming hot chips all the time including Takis, and Cheetos. So I thought I would love to try hot Fritos. While they tasted okay- I was up puking all night!! I’ve never been so sick from eating chips in my life. Pull this product!!

Original review: March 25, 2018

Lay's had this contest going in the summer and some people who made it in time (which I did or wouldn't be able to participate in) So we were told to personalize/ design a bag of Lay's and they said they would make it and send us the print on their bag when you made it on their website. Well surprise surprise. I never got mine. It took hours for me to design and then after they asked me all this information. It's not cool or right for them to offer something then never make good on it. They ended up wasting my time, along with my design, and personal info they most likely will use to cross trade with other giant companies. I don't like the fact that they offered something and just really didn't hold up their end of the bargain yet they got what they asked for.

Original review: March 3, 2018

I purchased a box of the variety spicy chips from Wal-Mart and as I was eating the spicy nacho flavor I chewed on something that looked like wood and I choked on it. I was not happy about this at all. If my bag had some in it I’m sure it’s plenty more out there that have some also.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I won't go on a long tirade... But today, 3/1/18, I purchased a bag of Lay's Classic Potato Chips. I rarely buy chips of any sort, but I crave these once in a blue moon. What the heck happened? They aren't as thin, have a different 'crunch' to them, and they have an odd taste. Guessing maybe a new oil or something? Not a fan of this though... Bummed. These just don't even seem like the same chip in any way, shape or form. Weird.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Besides the time I bought crackers that had weevils both alive and exoskeletons in the pack my only other complaint would be that their chips do not have any toppings on them hardly anymore. I used to savor in the especially cheesy ones or ranch Doritos but now they are bland without hardly any topping. They are not worth the $4 a bag that most stores charge. You are basically eating corn chips with no flavoring and paying a bucket load of money for them. For as much as they cost you would think they could keep their customers taste buds satisfied and provide better quality control.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2018

First let me start by stating the chips were my favorite. One day while I was eating the Jalapeno chips I bit into something that felt like a stone. I pulled the object from my mouth and behold it was a small tiny tan object similar to the size of a nerd. I called the company in December 2017 and to date I am still providing my life story. If I am married, the ages of my children, my salary, xrays, my ssn, my address, etc. They are now requesting 2 years of medical records. This process is very unsettling when they are the ones at fault. I have a fractured tooth and still waiting for them to own up to it. They sent me a $4.00 check to purchase more product. Go figure. Has anyone else had this issue? Please respond as I am ready to contact NBC to assist with this issue!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Just wanted to say how good your Queso Blanco dip is. I don’t usually buy queso in a jar or can. I buy my queso at my favorite Mexican restaurant. Other queso dips did not compare. My son bought Queso Blanco a few months ago and I was pleasantly surprised at the taste. Today I decided to get me a jar and try it again. It did not disappoint! I will recommend it to my friends!

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

Yesterday I purchased a bag of individual snack sized bags of chips, a classic mix of 20 single bags. I got a little bag of ranch flavored Doritos out to give to my son, when I picked it up I immediately noticed it was lighter than any of the other small bags. We didn't open it but it was easy to tell that there is only maybe one chip in the bag with a lot of air.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I bought a jar of Lay's Smooth Ranch dip this evening when I got off work. Came home & wasn't paying any attention, ate a li'l bit of it. Finally noticed that there was some brown gunk on rim of lid and outside rim of jar. Looked like glue and smelt like a crayon. Grossed me out so I called the company and the woman told me I would be fine and no glue or mold is toxic at their facility and that I should not get sick. My tummy hurts but I believe from stressing about it. Anyone have any advice or had this happen to them? It's not mold. It looks like glue but smells like a crayon.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Bought a bag of my favorite bag of snacks flaming hot Cheetos. I was munching away when I felt something hard with a heavy crunch. Bad tasting. I spit it out and it looked like burnt meat. Started shaking the bag and I see more and something that looks like a rib from a small animal and more stuff started coming out. I am sadly to say I’m never ever buying their products again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I decided to eat a snack that I had grown up loving this week, so I got my son and myself a grab bag size of Doritos and Frito Lay Nacho Cheese Dip. I must have been really hungry because I ate it really fast. As soon as I finished eating it, I began to feel weak and really sleepy. Then I started to feel horrible. My head started aching and I got shaky. I felt like I had food poisoning. Two days later and I still have a headache and neck stiffness. Weird, but I don't think think that will be my go to snack anytime in the near future!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

What happened!! These were my favorite at one time and now they are nasty!! It tastes like the oil they use now has a distinct taste that overcomes the whole chip enjoying experience. I believe it's the oil but not sure. It does change the potato flavor and not in a good way. It changes the crispness and the way they feel. I had to throw them out because no one would eat them due to the flavor and the abovementioned. I also have noticed Cabot Cheese is another product that use to be great but that has been messed with too an awful bitter taste ugh!! Bring back the old way of making them please!!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

What's up with Lays classic potato chips? After purchasing several bags lately I am convinced that they are not of high quality any longer. Lays Chips are now stale, tasteless & just bad. Does anyone know what the problem is here? I won't buy another bag of anything with Lays on it until they fix this big problem... So unless you like stale, tasteless potato chips I wouldn't buy any either if I were you.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I enjoyed eating these cookies until this one cookie had a crunch! I spit the cookie out and looked at what this crunch could be? I've never experienced this before and it just made me wonder, is this a freaking pill, will I get sick! Looks like a crushed pill or maybe it is one of the ingredients? I was so disgusted for this to happen to my favorite peanut butter cookie. I don't know if I would want to purchase another 'Grandma's Cookies' after this incident. Did not find my receipt, but I hope to have this sorted out!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I purchased a variety pack that consisted different brands of Frito-Lays. I purchased the bag on September 11, 2017. I opened a bag of Frito's that were stale and it was expired. All of the Frito's and Sun chips were expired. The other chips in the bundle were good until the 26th of September. Why in the world would you put different dates in the bundle bags.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

I love your chips regular ones that is, but why do you add too much salt. Can't you just use less salt on regular chips and less sodium and salt on the chili and bbcue Frito chips. I suffer with hypertension. We as people want to enjoy them but with low salt and low sodium. I don't like the bake potato chips. TY.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

My daughter was eating her favorite Doritos and then all of a sudden she happily screamed, I found a brownie cookie!!! "Wait what?! Let me see", I said and then I found the most disgusting thing smells like plastic. "I am sorry dear. That was your last Doritos", I said.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

Lays Classic Chips: I always get a bag of these chips when I shop at Walmart. This is the first time in my life, 64 years, that I have gotten anything distasteful, which is pretty good. Anyway, I was eating and watching TV, when I noticed that the chips tasted like soap! I got my husband to eat some, and he said he had a faint taste as he hadn't eaten as many as I had. Couldn't get rid of the taste, got nauseous, and an upset stomach. Since finding I had diabetes, I eat very healthy, the Lays my only treat. I can't feel that it had to be these chips. I won't stop buying them, like I say, 64 years. And I love them! Keeping the faith, Lays!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Bought a large family size bag of Lays BBQ chips. The bag was full of little pieces of broken chips. Ok, sometimes that happens. But, towards the bottom of the bag, I find these two huge chunks of, what I believe is powdered BBQ flavoring. On my plate you can see the crumbs of chips and those are not chicken nuggets, those are the flavor chunks from the bag of chips! I feel like they just cleaned out a machine and dumped it into the bag I bought!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Bought Lay's Smooth Ranch Dip, at a local Wal-Mart. It has been refrigerated & pulled it out & am purely disgusted by what I found!! First noticed purple stuff inside jar... Expiration date is Nov. 24, 2017... Upon opening jar, found SEVERAL different colored STUFF!!!! Today's date is Aug. 16, 2017... to put a point on the expiration date!!! I will NEVER buy this product again, I don't care HOW GOOD IT MAY TASTE!!!

Original review: July 26, 2017

I was just eating some pretzel sticks from a bag of Rold Gold pretzels I just bought the other day and I came across GREEN pretzel sticks!!! I have no idea what to think??!?!? Ugh it is so gross. My daughter has been sick the last couple of days and I wonder if these pretzels could be the culprit! She would not eat a green one, but if they are mixed in there amongst the others?!?! Ugh so disgusting. I don't keep my receipts, so I don't have it, of course, but I always use my King Soopers card, so I am guessing my purchase could be tracked? Anyway, gross... Disgusting... Upsetting.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I have been buying Doritos nacho cheese flavor for YEARS... The last few months, we have noticed there is less of the flavoring put on the nacho chips! It's almost like we are eating tortilla chips. Even my kids noticed the difference & said they don't like them anymore. Sad since it was my one late night snack for YEARS! Not going to buy them anymore if this is what it's come to. So sad.

Original review: July 9, 2017

My 11-year daughter was eating a bag out of the flavor mix bag bought from Kroger in Humble, Texas. As she was about to finish up on a bag of Sour Cream & Onion she notice what looks to appear to be a cloth. We just don't know.

Frito Lay Company Information