2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.8/5 (237 ratings)

About Frito Lay

Frito Lay Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2021

The last several bags of Lay's Classic Potato Chips party size have been less than desirable. I literally eat a handful. Lost another customer. I am not sure if it's the oil or the quality of the potatoes.

Original review: July 23, 2021

Bought Fritos from Sam's Club yesterday, opened them today and smelled a strange odor that I thought was a kerosene odor. The chips did have a plastic taste along with a spoiled oil taste and left a terrible after taste. I have enjoyed Fritos for years and never tasted anything like this in lays products. I see others have similar experiences. If this is the new Lays, I have bought the last bag. These found their new home, the trash can!

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2021

Okay, I normally LOVE Ruffles. But today I had an individual bag from a multi-pack and it tasted awful; like fish. The bag was not expired. Markings on the bag: 21SEP2021, 574116907, 76, 12:11. This seems odd, but it’s shortly after I ate them and now I feel weird. Sort of light-headed or something. Maybe just psycho-somatic, I don’t know.

Original review: April 15, 2021

My family and I like the Lays Stax's in all flavors. For the past 2 months every container we purchased is 50% crumbs. I’m am not spending anymore of my money on these! Me and my family will be going back to Pringles.

Original review: March 25, 2021

On 03/24/2021 I open a bag of ruffles from a Variety box chips that I purchased from Costco and found something disgusting inside once I got to the bottom of the bag. It looks like some type of animal fur.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Lately all of the chips from Frito Lay have been tasting really bad. Almost as if they had gone bad then recycled back to life. I don’t know how to explain the weird taste but I hope I’m not alone on this.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2020

Every bag of Fritos or Scoops I have bought in the past 3 months have tasted burnt. They used to be a very light yellow and had a soft crunch to them. Now they’re all slightly browned and taste like they’ve been cooked 2 minutes too long.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

I was nearly done eating my Doritos Flamin' Hot Lime chips, and at this point I was eating the crumbs and so I grab a pinch full and I begin to chew and my tooth hits something hard without full force, and for a second I think it's a hard chip that was slightly burnt but I begin to feel the cold smooth sides with my tongue and I reach in and grab a PIECE OF METAL??? It looked like a soldered piece and has a few sharp edges. I am HAPPY I didn't swallow it but imagine your little ones swallowing this piece? It's frightening! I can't fathom how the heck THIS made its way into the bag????

Original review: Oct. 17, 2020

My favorite Classic Lays Potato Chips have been having a very undesirable rancid oil taste to them. Have been hoping it was just an odd bag that had this taste but I have given them a good try over and over and it seems to be the way they all taste now! I hope this is not making people sick! So disappointed! I used to enjoy them so much! I guess I will be looking for Charles Chips which I can buy online or at a local Country Store that carries them.

Original review: May 11, 2020

Not sure what oil is being used, At times too much salt, but lately they have an oniony taste. I have tried all sizes and several stores they all taste the same terrible! trying to recycle oil and it tastes terrible! Remember when Ruffles did this? Everyone quit buying their chips for awhile!

Frito Lay Company Information