3.61/5

169 Frito Lay Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

Not sure what you have done. I have been eating Frito Lay products for 50 years. Just got 2 gross bags of chips. Did you change your oil or recipes? Bar Codes 2840019914 and 2840058929. I probably won't buy again. Thanks for the memories.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

When I buy name brand products, I buy them expecting them to taste the same. Recently, when I buy a bag of Wavy Lay's, I never know what I am going to get so I am in the process of moving on to another brand but I don't want to have to. You have to understand, I am VERY loyal to the potato chips I like. The problem I am experiencing is many of the bags of Wavy Lay's have this overpowering heavy oil smell AND taste to them sometimes. I don't know if there are different plants that utilize different oil but it is not palatable at all to me. I can tell as soon as I open the bag from the odor.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

We just found several mysterious brown soft chunks in a bag of freshly opened bag of original Ruffles. Freshness guaranteed date is still over a month away. Throwing the bag away! We all ate them before we found the brown things and the chips tasted fine.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I really loved the new Poppables when they came out. The White Cheddar ones were the best. I'm not sure what happened but 2-3 months ago I got a bag and they were darker and harder than normal. I seemed like they were overcooked or underflavored, I'm not sure. I thought, eh that sucks but I'll try another one. So a week or so later I got another bag, it was the same. Because I loved these chips I tried many different stores over the last couple months and I'm sad to say that they are all dark and hard and close to flavorless. I have also noticed this with a few other chips from Frito Lay. Unfortunately, this will be my last bag, as I've given up on the Lay's brand altogether.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

The chips were fine. Tasty, delicious, low-sodium, high fiber. However, when I went to get some today to eat with my sandwich, there was a small, brown clump in the bag. It smelled immediately too. I screamed loudly and my dad grabbed it out. He said it was clumpy and moist. Very weird. My dad said it reminded him of brown sugar, but personally, it reminded me of feces. I threw the whole bag away also. Never buying the chips again, no matter how good they tasted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?

Original review: July 30, 2019

I bought an individual size bag of Doritos for a snack today and they did not taste the same... I googled to see if the recipe was different but, can't find reliable information. Additionally, within minutes of me eating these chips my stomach was so bloated and making weird noises... It only got worse from there, I'll spare you the details. Whatever you've done to my favorite chip, I'm so disappointed! I genuinely won't even be able to eat them again. :(

Original review: July 22, 2019

I think most of us buy generic to save money, using that money to buy the things you don't skimp on. For me, it was name brand Fritos. Not anymore, the 1st bag, thought hmmm, the quality control person had an off day. Second bag, concerned this was a pattern. By bag 3, decided, nope Fritos had changed something and not for the good. The chips are thin and taste different. The bags are literally just full of bits & pieces. I found myself getting excited when I found a whole chip which is ridiculous. I'm buying store brand from now on. Why would I pay 2-3x more for a product that doesn't care about quality.

Original review: July 21, 2019

I bought a bag of Lay's Honey Barbecue chips last month and they tasted bad. The seasoning was off and the potato did not taste right. The 3 of us adults in our household all tried them and agreed they were bad. So I took them back to the store and exchanged them for another bag, same flavor, after a few weeks passed to make sure it wasn’t from the same batch. The second bag also tasted bad. I don’t understand. We buy these flavored chips at least twice a month and never had this experience. I even emailed the company to let them know, but I got no response.

Original review: July 19, 2019

Food! Have been eating Nacho Cheese Doritos literally since they hit the market in the 1970's. Always a enjoyed them, often over-ate them. Today I had a few from an older bag. Didn't taste great so I opened another. I enjoyed a few then put the bag away. A few minutes later, I started bloating and feeling nauseous. Only one ingredient makes me feel this way. Sure enough, look on the bag, and red and green bell peppers have been added. WTH! THESE ARE NIGHTSHADE VEGETABLES. Many people have GI or allergies to these ingredients. I've avoided many processed foods for this very reason. When and why would these toxic nasties be added?? You've nearly killed me. ☠☠☠

Original review: July 7, 2019

First off, LOVE THE CHIP! But our past several purchases of them have been far from what they use to be. Chips are WICKED THIN!! Actually they SUCK! Seems that the quality has been shoved to the side, bags are far from their usual half full, and the price has gone way out of sight. It's a sad thing our whole family and our neighbors all agree, maybe the companies that rely on consumer consumption to drive their profits need to step back and review how their cutting corners by putting inferior products out there and expect folks to spend money for brittle/crumbs. Thanks.

Frito Lay Company Information