Frito Lay

Compare Food Products

Research top Food Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Purchased a large bag of Lay's Wavy Chips Original. My hubby ate about 20 of them and when I reached in I felt something soft. Pulled out a chip and on it was a large mass of brown stuff. Disgusting and so nauseating. Will no longer purchase anything made by Frito Lay. Yuck!!

I found a piece of waxed paper in my bag of chips that I usually share with my 3yr old granddaughter. What if she would have choked on this piece of waxed paper? I am really thinking about contacting my attorney because this is ridiculous and dangerous. Thank you.

I would like to alert people and am also curious if anyone knows why there are black dots on some of these chips? Just seasoning? Or is it something worse like dead little bugs? I will include a photo. The dots only appear on some of the chips. Some chips will have only one or more than one.

I've never had a bad bag of Rold Gold Pretzels that I didn't enjoy. The product is always a solid 4/5 stars. I would give 5/5 if the recipe included a little less salt. Tiny Twist Pretzels are great!

I ate a bag of baked Lays today and within 15 minute after eating my stomach started cramping and I had diarrhea and 5 hours later Im still having stomach problems. You shouldnt be allowed to sell these.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Frito Lay?

While my 10-year-old was at summer camp he opened a sealed bag of Doritos and found tiny black bugs inside. Unfortunately he had already ate a few. Not sure if he actually ate any of the bugs however he is now traumatized from eating anything packaged. Google lead me here and I see that I am not the only person that had experienced this.

My son bought a packet of Lays chips yesterday. I noticed that the packet looked unusually flat, so I took a picture of it while it was still sealed. Upon opening it my suspicions were confirmed, hardly any chips in the packet.

I was hesitant to try it at first since I was expecting a hot spicy aftertaste. But after my first bite into the crunchy, cheesy, peppery snack, I was hooked. It was addicting, so much so that I could finish an entire bag (8.5 oz) in one sitting without even realizing it. The smell could be overpowering, but who cares when it tastes so good!

Whenever, I see a bag of it in the grocery store or wherever, I can't help but grab myself a bag. I find that it's a good companion to watching movies or television shows. However, I'm still trying to find the right drink to go with it. Coke and beer are fine, but there's something that's not quite right with the combination for me. One bag is good for sharing, but I try whenever I can to keep one for myself. :) I just wish the price is at the same level as the local snacks in our country. But since it's an imported product, the price is a lot higher. Nevertheless, I always try to get my Cheetos Jalapeno fix whenever I can. The rainy days are coming so it'd be a good company for the movie nights ahead.

Sour Cream & Onion is the bomb! I attended a company team building and we had team building games where the champion team would win medals, 2nd and 3rd places will win a giant bag full of chips with including several bags of Lay's chips! Our team got 2nd place but when I saw the prizes, I was actually glad we didn't win! Lay's FTW!!!

It might be lot more pricey than other potato chips here in the Philippines but it's also the most satisfying potato chips there is. They taste just right whatever flavor they may be, and the chips' thickness is just right. Moreover, it's not at all greasy. Whenever we have movie night with friends, we would always buy a bag of Frito Lay, and everyone is satisfied. There's always enough to share since they can be bought in big bag sizes suitable for parties... They also have enough flavors to choose from so you never get bored of eating the same flavor over and over again. I have decided to stop eating junk food but every time there's a bag of Frito Lay, it's always hard to resist.

Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream. This product is a stroke of genius! Cheese with Sour Cream? Who would've guessed it would be an awesome flavor??? I wouldn't mind having a year's supply of it haha.

I love Lay's Sour Cream & Onion. Chips are tasty and just the right crisp. I just wish they had a bag where it's 80% chips. Haha. Usually it's 50-50 (chips and AIR).

As a kid, my first favorite Frito-Lay product was the Doritos Nacho Cheese. It's so salty and yummy that it's just perfect for me. I used to eat it in a specific way where I would squeeze the opened bag of chips in my hand to break everything into much smaller pieces or crumbs. I don't know why I used to do that, but I remember appreciating the taste of the chips better that way. :-)

I bought a bag of kettle cooked cheddar jalapeno flavored potato chips and my son and I ate some last night and we were up all night puking, had diarrhea, fever and bad stomach cramps! I had to call into work and call my son into school! I know it was the chips because my son and I are the only ones that ate the chips and we were the only ones that got sick. The rest of the family are fine!

I was eating a bag of chips and when I got to the bottom I found a old band-aid wrapper. I immediately stop eating the chips and am now reporting it. I would like for you to contact me on this matter ASAP. My number is ** or **. The serial number RUFF- 5379A-7E LAP 30044983.

I have always ate Lays chips so today at QT I purchased a small bag to munch on while waiting to teach my class. I did not finish the bag so after class I grabbed my bag and head to the car and as I put chips in my mouth I tasted something like rubber pulled the car over and spit into plastic bag and there it was a piece of black plastic. Now I have an awful taste in my mouth that I can't get rid of and the thought of any food tears my stomach up. I will be contacting QT in the morning and have contacted Lays. I'm just glad it wasn't a small child but this needs to come to a complete stop. I'm worried about getting sick as did I ingest a piece before I noticed the last one.

I was eating a bag of Lay's plain chips and as I'm eating them I see a long string of hair on my chips. It couldn't have been from my hair or anything because it wasn't African American hair. I was very upset because I ate like two Chips before that and the last bags I had was old.

As soon as I emptied the Ruffles Cheddar & Sour Cream Chips onto a piece of paper, as I usually do, I noticed the solid lumps of who-knows-what scattered among the chips. I didn't dare to taste them for fear of what they might contain.

I have ONLY eaten Lays chips for many years. The last few months the quality has declined. Almost as if it's the oil used. I'm not certain it's not the entire bad. It's about every other handful I get 1-3 bad chips, stale taste harder to chew... Ruins my enjoyment of many years of my love for Lays. Please fix quality assurance team!!!

I eat these chips all the time. I had only a few chips left, put bag up to my mouth and shook chips into my mouth. As I was chewing It felt like something cracked my tooth. I heard a crunch( not like normal chip crunching.) Spit out onto my plate and heard something hard hit the plate. It was a little rock. Chops were bought from albertsons. My tooth isn't broken in half but it feels like it cracked it. Gonna have to make a dentist appointment to get it checked.

Ok, my name is Kyle. I'm 28 years old. I been eating these chips my whole life. Love them... Wasn't until a moment ago that all changed. See, let's go back a month or 2, I got sick out of nowhere. Stomach hurting and just no energy, stuff like that. So, no insurance. I could just run to the doctor, so I put it off. Well, I started to notice a crawling feeling in my head, ears, face, etc... So, I started with lice shampoos. Nothing worked, even some animal bathing treatments. Still nothing. It wasn't until recently, I found out I have a type of tapeworms that come from pork in my stomach. The other tapeworms in my head crawling, driving me crazy. Before I knew what it was, everyone thought I was going crazy. See, it wasn't crawling on my head but in my scalp. Well, I'm not too big on pork, so negative on that way of getting them. My dog is a little one but she has every shot and more. So once again, puzzled.

Well, after looking around trying to find out how I got them, I decided to just stay away from meat that I didn't prepare myself. So I ate my Tostitos bite size rounds again like always with the cheese dip, Fritos Jalapeno Cheese dip. Then I noticed it. Nope not the cheese like you were thinking but the chip itself. Yep... and really you can't really catch tapeworms from that unless a mess up, a very big one. See, you can't get tapeworms from eating the tapeworms itself. You have to ingests it in the segments themselves but not just them, by only pregnant ones. So yeah great, right? Well back to my chips. Second one in, I just happened to see these brown specks where their cooked. You know, the corn that's dark. Well, not corn. Yeah, you guessed it. Tapeworms.

Went and bought a new pack to wait and open it but yeah, picture tells all. In the middle of 1 chip, dead center, are 2. Kinda cooked together, one white. Kinda see through, one dark brown like cooked onions. Oh, the white one must have been getting busy because not only cuddled up right with the other one, lo and behold, she has a very obvious childbirth in waiting... I have never been so disgusted in my life. Not only do I have some parasites eating me, their right at home eating what the so obviously love Tostitos bite size chips. So, needless to say, almost lost my life for a chip. Thanks Tostitos... If any of you have any questions or want to see more proof and pictures, you're more than welcome to email me at **. Thanks for listening to me and my unwanted pathogens. Have a very blessed day...

I purchased a bag of Frito's classy mix from ShopRite for my kids, since I like the corn chips. I opened up a bag to eat, it wasn't until the bottom of the bag I noticed a nasty taste in my mouth. When I rushed to the bathroom, my mouth was fill with black stuff. Fast forward to the same night at work, I went to the vending machine, me being used to buying this product all the time and completely forgetting about my experience. I purchased a 2 oz bag of corn chips #266227223, I was carefully eating and looking at each chip. To my surprise at the bottom of the bag mix with some chips already in my mouth was the same black burnt stuff. I will no longer buy this product. Very disgusting and unsafe.

The last few bags of regular Lays chips have tasted stale. After reading all the other horrible reviews it seems like you need to make a lot of changes. Use a high quality oil to make your chips and please take out the maltodextrin. (I may have not spelled it correctly.) I will not eat anything with that in it. It is time to produce good quality food. People deserve that.

When to the AMC movie theater, bought nachos with cheese. Both items were sealed. During the movie I noticed a long black object. I realized because the nachos were round this item was long and black. It smelled weird and looked disgusting.

I recently purchased a bag of Lays jalapeno kettle cooked chips. After eating half the bag, I pulled out another chip to eat but this chip had a dead fly on it and it looks as if the fly was cooked with the chip. I contacted the Lays number on the back of the bag and spoke with Alexandria who is going to mail out an envelope to send the chip in so they can do an investigation.

Today I was eating Tostitos Scoops and then I saw a chip with something brown but then I called Frito Lay about this. I don't think I will eat Tostitos Scoops anymore.

I opened a bag of of BBQ potato chips and find about a hundred ants at the bottom of the bag.

Purchased 2 bags of Lay's potato chips. The first bag smelled awful & had odd black flakes in it. Opened the next bag. It seemed fine. Ate some of it. When I got further down the bag, there were black chunks on the bag & stuck to the chips. I believe it is mold. Also my stomach hurts.

I got a package of Grandma's Chocolate Brownie cookies. When I opened them there was white/tan stuff on the top of the cookies and on the chocolate chips and some in the bottom of the cookie too. I have no idea what it was and the cookies were nowhere near the printed expiration date.

Employees are rated by days out. Employees are always sick. Black mold everywhere in plant, coach roaches everywhere. The filthiest place ever. Employees are being poisoned due to poor working conditions and environment. Toxic mold, they make potato chips and corn chips. Look in rollers. FDA needs to go after these corporate giants that are only worried about the profit margin and stocks. They need a Union!!!!! They don't hire qualified supervisors. Chemical Engineers right out of school for Maintenance of Plant. Hello idiots hire people that actually know how to turn a screw driver!!! Rehab of management a must. SAD state of affairs.

Frito Lay Company Profile