Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.69/5

Healthy, gourmet, chef-prepared meals delivered to your door.

How Freshly Works:

1 - Choose Your Meals. You pick your meals from our constantly rotating weekly menu of more than 30 different gluten-free options.

2 - No Shopping, Cooking Or Cleaning. Our chefs take care of everything for you. From perfecting the meals on your weekly menu to shopping for the finest, all-natural ingredients they can find.

3 - Delivered To Your Door. All of your meals are prepared and cooked by our chefs and delivered fresh (never frozen).

4 - Heat & Enjoy. Our fully prepared, healthy meals are ready in under 2 minutes. The only thing you need to do is enjoy.

Freshly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

As a single woman who has spent the better part of her life struggling with her weight and dieting, I know how overwhelming it can be when you are looking at a meal service. There are SO many options, more than ever, and with influencers making ads look like every day life, it's even harder to know which one is actually good and worth trying. I can tell you from experience that Freshly is probably the best one. I've never used the services with recipes, so I can't speak for that. But for ones with ready made meals, Freshly hits it out of the park.

This is my second cycle with Freshly, and they are consistently good. For starters, it's easy to choose meals at their site. They have a nice variety for picky eaters (like me). They are reliable - when they say they are going to arrive, they do. They are well packaged in climate controlled boxes (ice packs). And the food is pretty darn good. They are fresh (not frozen), and while there have been only 2 meals I didn't care for, the quality of the food overall is great. The meats, especially, are fantastic. If you order Homestyle chicken, for example, be prepared for a full white meat chicken breast which is so moist and juicy it's hard to believe it's prepackaged food. Lastly, it is easy to cancel or put your subscription on hold if you need a break for whatever reason. I just wanted to be another reviewer in this long line of happy customers to let you know that Freshly is worth your business.

Freshly response

Oh wow, you can say that again, Cher! Your feedback is what keeps us going so thanks for showering us with your Freshly love! Carry on and keep enjoying as we get the ball rolling each week! Thanks for your 5-star review -- we are truly grateful!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

The meals are great and I haven’t found a meal I cannot eat. There has been a couple times when my order was slightly wrong but was able to be compensated or taken care via the simple chat feature on the app. I enjoy that the meals are not too large and high in calories. This program has made it easy to maintain my healthy lifestyle while not taking hours to make my meals. Would and have recommended this to friends.

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for this exceptional review! This makes me think that we're a great fit for you - And if that's the case, we're happy then! Looking forward to spending more delicious weeks with you!

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

I get Freshly for my parents. They are both 92 and don't cook much anymore. I also don't want them to go to the grocery store anymore than they have to. They love the food and the choices. Everything is very easy to prepare. They eat the meals with a small salad. Works great. A little expensive but worth it. Also like the "skip a week" option. Thank you.

Hello Ann,

This is what we're here for! I'm very delighted to know through this review that we're serving our purpose the right way. We're looking forward to cooking more delicious meals for all of our customers!

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

Tasty and healthy meals delivered with punctuality for the several months we have been customers. We haven't had a bad meal. My husband, a very picky eater, finishes them all. Amazing! Keep up the good work.... please.

Freshly response

Hi Karil! Thank you so much for your kind words! We look forward to providing both of you fresh meals for a long time. Thank you for being part of the Freshly family!

Resolution response: Feb. 20, 2021

The company did refund my money.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2021

My food box was created on 2/17/21... I am supposed to receive it on 2/23/21...and I have to pay $56 for this spoiled food. It is supposed to ship in 2 days or else they credit your account. Most of the food only lasts for a few days in the refrigerator after the initial two days. The other food companies usually don't send the box and/or credit your account. The food is crap anyway.

Freshly response

Hi Suzi, we're so disappointed to hear about your recent experience with us, this is certainly not what we intend to happen. We'd love to take a further look at this to see how we can make things right for you, we'll be reaching out to you via private message, or you can email us your concern at SocialSupport@freshly.com. We appreciate your time leaving us your review, and this will help us improve our service moving forward.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I cannot cook. I can follow a recipe, but it never comes out right and I don't have a ton of time in the evenings. I'm a single, working-woman so these quick meals work perfect. I tried similar services but it takes 45 minutes to an hour to prepare. With Freshly you just pop it in the microwave for 3 mins max and dinner is ready. Food tastes great too! Sometimes I take these for lunch if I'm running short on time and can't make a quick sandwich. I have already referred a few friends and they love it. But I keep forgetting to use my referral code.

This works for me. Some may say it's pricey, but I get 4 meals for about $56 including shipping. I don't make a ton of money, but I do pay for the convenience. This is also healthier than the lean cuisines I was eating. I am still a little surprised by the sodium levels of the meals, but far better than me eating frozen microwavable food. I recommend plating the food instead of eating out of the tray, as recommended; it feels like an actual home cooked meal that way. Although you can freeze these trays, I always eat them fresh within the 4-5 days. After all, it is called Freshly.

Freshly response

Hi Jeanette! Thank you so much for your kind review! I loved your review and you said some perfect benefits of having our meals delivered. I'm thrilled you're enjoying your meals, and we hope you continue to enjoy! I'll reach out to your privately to assist you with your referral code application. We want to make sure you benefit from using your promo code!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

When I first started using Freshly, (approximately 9 months ago) I figured to get my meals, for the few weeks the discount promo covered and then discontinue. But I enjoyed the meals so much and they were so convenient. I am 74 and live by myself, and the variety and convenience appealed to me. As I look back, here are some of the reasons I continue to be a member: (Not in order of importance).

First: Convenience - Reduced Shopping. Important to me as I age and with the Corona Virus cautions I have to take because of age. Second: Taste - The taste is not quite as good as home or restaurant prepared and served and eaten directly from the kitchen, but far better than frozen or prepackaged meals from Grocery stores. Third: Quality - The meats are generally VERY tender and moist, and proportioned well, usually generous, once and a while a little skimpy. Vegetable sides are crispy and properly cooked. Pasta is aldente (sp?) and tasty. And sauces and seasonings are right on. Sometimes a little on the bland side, but that fits my taste and diet perfectly.

Fourth: Reliability - Not one delivery missed in 9 months. I know that is a great part to do with the carrier, but it also indicates great logistics support from Freshly itself. Fifth: Consistency - Dishes are pretty consistent from week to week. Same dish taste is very consistent, Improvements are implemented, but mostly for the better. Sixth: Price - There are several considerations for me here: I live alone and know how to cook. I am older and accomplish things slower than I used to. I live on a fixed income. When you consider, gas, food costs, tips, and Corona Virus restrictions, Freshly is considerably cheaper than eating out with a small trade-off in quality. Compared to home prepared, you would have to maintain a well stocked (costly) pantry to have the variety that Freshly offers, and living alone that is especially true.

Seventh: Time - Preparation 3 min vs 30 min or more to cook yourself, (less if you reheat a prepackaged dish - UGH!). 1-2 hours or more if you eat out. Plus no dishes to wash if you choose to use the packages the meals come in. Eighth: Nutrition - Each meal is well balanced and you can indicate a limited number of dietary preferences, and the site will show warning symbols if the particular dish fall outside these. In my experience (and this is my opinion only - not any sort of advice, medical or otherwise) (CYA Statement) I have felt better, more energetic and full of life since eating 6 Freshly meals a week.

Ninth: Customer Service - Rarely needed, but when you do they are fast, courteous, and go the extra mile to help you solve whatever issue you have. That's my experience, could Freshly do better - Of course, we all can. But so far so good, keep up the good work. Read it (if you have the patience), Ignore it (At your own peril of missing out on something good), Act on it (and maybe never be the same).

Freshly response

Hello William, thank you so much for sharing your Freshly love with us! Our hearts are so full of your kind words and appreciation! We're also very happy to hear that our meals and service are a great help to you during these trying times! We hope you continue to love our meals and service!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Got my food yesterday, started with the County Style chicken over mac-N- cheese W green beans. I would have sworn a chef came out of my kitchen to my table and delivered a freshly cooked meal!! OUTSTANDING FOOD!! That chicken was so moist and tender it has to be the BEST chicken I've ever had! And I had had some amazing food before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease (Gluten Intolerance - This is NOT the same as a Gluten allergy; if there is such a thing...). Tried the Beef Pilaf w Broccoli veg for lunch today. Still GREAT FOOD!! I am ecstatic with this food! 2 days and finally convinced my husband to try it, so we'll see... He has different dietary needs that I do. I had extensive recons and wasn't eating, maybe a little bit at nightructive intestinal surgery just shortly.

Freshly response

Perfectly splendid! Hearing this is truly a joy to behold. I'll be sure to share this win with our hardworking chefs, it'll absolutely blow their socks off knowing our meals were able to capture your tastebuds! Thanks for your incredible review, Janice, and cheers to more delicious meals your way!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

We rarely look at our phones on the weekends.. We saw the text a box had been delivered & we immediately thought to ourselves...why hadn't anybody knocked on the front door?? So we called the number for Freshly & it went to Axlehire-Amber told us it was not in their Operating procedures to knock on doors, only send a text. Gave number for Freshly which told us to text. Daryl came online and immediately took ownership of the issue. He started acting like congress trying to throw money at the issue with a refund, etc. I said, "Daryl, this issue cannot be solved with money-it requires change. You need to have a sit down with Axlehire and force them to start knocking on doors like FedEx and UPS does..even while running away! This food is perishable and it's unacceptable to leave it sitting out in the 109 degree heat we have here.

Daryl made us feel confident that the issue would be looked at. Not a simple refund and ignored...because I told him if I order again, I will be dealing with the same issue. You are only as strong as your weakest link! And throwing money at an issue, rarely solves the problem. I told Daryl we were switching from territory foods to freshly & they box it locally so its bery cold. Freshly has kinks to work out like mailing from phoenix. Daryl was the only one that acted like he cared about the issue and expressed his empathy and sympathy for our situation. Because leaving a package in direct sunlight and refusing to knock on a door-when everyone knows it's perishable and needs to be in a refrigerator is totally unacceptable!

Daryl was the only one that owned the issue unlike Amber at axel hires which was full of excuses and refused to accept responsibility for their driver. We feel like Daryl should be nominated for employee of the month & given a raise. He is Freshlys greatest asset! Imagine the customer service rep that can empathize with the customer and make them feel like they were heard and understood?? You can't find that anywhere nowadays!! In fact, we realized that Daryl should be promoted to training supervisor. Train other workers like Amber how to be a better employee for the company! We were truly hoping Freshly would be out new service, but we see now Territory Foods wasn't so bad. Only thing they were missing was Daryl. Please call to discuss further. I want to find out what's being done to ensure delivery personnel are knocking on doors. It's a simple fix that takes 1 phone call from top brass.

Freshly response

Hello Steven, thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I'm truly sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with your deliveries. This certainly isn't something we wish upon any of our customers. I am thrilled to hear Daryl was able to go above and beyond to provide you with excellent customer service! I would be happy to share your wonderful review with him! Also, If you have any further comments or concerns please feel free to reach out to us via email at SocialSupport@Freshly.com!

Original review: June 22, 2020

Updated on 06/25/2020: I am always leery about green beans in prepared foods. But these were tender and delicious. The chicken was super tender as well. My only complaint, such as it is that a few less beans and a bit more mac and cheese would have been more balanced. But over all this was delicious and is a meal I would order again. BUT since the company is batting a 25% success rate so far (1 out of 4 eaten the first week of the program), it is highly unlikely that I will continue this service after mid July when I am back on my feet and can cook again.

Updated on 06/25/2020: Boy was I looking forward to this. What’s not to like about Citrus and Chicken together...I will unfortunately never know. As in a previous recipe, the heat was so intense it overshadowed any other possible flavor that might have been in the dish. There was not even a hint of citrus or honey at all. The rice was nice, the chicken was very tender and the cauliflower was just right. But come on people, add some salt (and yes it needed it) and lower the amount of heat. Or better yet, don’t even have the heat in the dish. It is unnecessary. Really disappointed.

Original Review: This is my first week using this meal service. I have used Blue Apron for several years on and off. I switched because I broke my leg and really can’t stand long enough to do the cooking required for the Blue Apron recipes. My first meal was the Pork Carnitas. I found the portion to be just right, but the dish lacked salt and the ‘heat’ was overwhelming by the time I finished. I like to taste the actual food, not just the ‘heat’. I think it was from jalapenos in the rice. A little less of that and a touch more of salt would have made this a very well balanced meal.

6 more to go and I will review each. The price is comparable to Blue Apron. As a single person, it is cheaper to use a meal service than to buy groceries. As someone who normally is working full time and is a full time grad student, it is worth it to me to use a meal service and it is certainly cheaper than eating fast food or having food delivered every night.

Freshly response

We truly do appreciate your honest feedback, Lynda! I'll make sure this will be forwarded to our chefs so we can hit the perfect mark next time. Thanks again for your review and I'm hoping for your fast recovery.

Freshly Company Information