4.2/5 (168 ratings)

About Freshly

Healthy, gourmet, chef-prepared meals delivered to your door.

How Freshly Works:

1 - Choose Your Meals. You pick your meals from our constantly rotating weekly menu of more than 30 different gluten-free options.

2 - No Shopping, Cooking Or Cleaning. Our chefs take care of everything for you. From perfecting the meals on your weekly menu to shopping for the finest, all-natural ingredients they can find.

Freshly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?

Original review: April 2, 2022

Hello. I've been receiving 6 Freshly meals weekly for 28 weeks now (skipped one week for spring break 2022) and I am very pleased to offer this review... These meals are stunningly delicious! Seriously. For example, I used to come home hungry, want to eat and fix/purchase something quick in the category of pizza, burger/fries, Campbell's chili... I don't crave junk food anymore, I actually crave my next meal... on the way home I'm actually looking forward to my choice of the remaining 6 meals that night...

I try new meals frequently (I'm a meat/potatoes type) and have only ONCE in over more than 6 months of weekly deliveries and choices of meals experienced a side (NOT the entrée) that I didn't like. AND my grocery bill has gone way down!! I pay approx $10+ for each meal (with shipping). I am "all in" on Freshly meals each week, I STILL look forward to eating them each day... I've lost weight!! Woot! Needed that, but haven't ever gone hungry. I love choosing my meals each week, and one week I needed to use Freshly Support to resolve a matter and was connected to a person immediately, and that person corrected my order with me real-time... excellent support. That's my Freshly Review. I'm very happy I found this product.

Freshly response

Hello Eric, thanks so much for reviewing us and for the 5-stars! I absolutely love to hear how our meals and service have made an impact in being part of your everyday routine. We're always seeking to aim satisfaction for all of our customers and I'm grateful our hard work has been paid off. Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts and we're beyond blessed to have you as part of the Freshly fam!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Today, Sunday, October 31st, I received an email that my weekly Freshly Order was ready to be shipped and I suddenly realized that I forgot to go in to my account and skip weeks. I jumped on the Virtual Assistant and within minutes transferred me to a live person, named Ronald. Ronald helped IMMEDIATELY and never questioned why I forgot to skip weeks. BAM....gave me a refund and then, BAM, I asked to cancel my subscription because my friend I was shipping to has been well enough to go back to the grocery store on her own. And so, BAAAM!

You receive a five-star rating from me. You are always there and always flexible for me. I have had subscriptions with you for three years now, off and on and the reason I keep coming back is your customer service and flexibility. Thank you...Ronald deserves kudos AND a raise! I'll be back soon......and thank you, Mary Frances.

Freshly response

Love it! What a fun review! I'm so thrilled to hear that you had a stellar customer service experience with Ronald. He totally deserved a shout-out and he'll be delighted to know how much you appreciate him. Thank you for reviewing us and hope to cook for you again soon, Mary!

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2021

Being the first time customer, we were so looking forward to the delivery so you can imagine how disappointing it was when our 12 meals per week were delivered to a wrong address, two weeks in a row! When I called today, I was about to cancel our subscription all together but Quinn from your customer service really did her best to help us resolve the issue. She was there to listen, she was very understanding and did her best to keep us as a customer. She understood our concern and was able to help us hold our plan and coupon until we move to a new address. Thank you very much Freshly, and Quinn, she is a keeper!

Freshly response

Hi Karen, and thank you for the stellar review of Quinn S! I'm sad there was an issue with your orders as I know that can certainly be frustrating! I'm glad Quinn S stepped up to the plate and helped with this particular issue and situation! We'll try our best to keep you as customers and I'll be sure your review gets to her and to the team!

Original review: June 28, 2021

I have Celiac Disease & require Gluten Free meals. ALL of Freshly’s meals are gluten-free, so I don’t have to scroll through all the ingredients in order to choose a meal (unlike some other companies), & have to “guess” if it’s gluten-free. Also, much more convenient. Meals are already prepared—3 minutes in the microwave, 2 mins to stand, & ready to eat. Some meal kits may be ok for those who enjoy preparing meals & are physically able to do so. With Freshly, there is no grocery shopping, & then having to stand & prepare meals & cook.

And probably most importantly, they are delicious! Gluten Free foods can sometimes taste terrible or have awful texture. These are great, & have a good variety of meals to choose from. And you are not locked into having to order weekly. You can skip anytime. And no penalty to cancel. Meals are shipped via UPS & come in boxes with ice packs & insulation which keep them cold & protected. I would definitely recommend Freshly & have told friends about them.

Freshly response

Hi Suzy! Wow! Thank you so much for this sensational review. It's great to hear that the meals have been fitting your needs and allows you to have more time to yourself now that you no longer have to worry about grocery shopping or cooking your meals! We have your back!

Original review: May 26, 2021

I have tried nearly all those different box delivery services and they just didn’t work for me. I tried Freshly over a year ago now and have been so happy with the service. The meals are so good, they have great options and their customer service is excellent. The app works great and is easy to use as well. I love that Freshly works for my busy lifestyle but is still healthy and tasty meals that encourages me to eat better. In the last year I have cut down significantly on processed foods, eating out and lost about 10 pounds. I love Freshly and would recommend it for busy people looking for meals. I honestly crave the Mac and cheese in the home style chicken meal- I wish I could just buy it as a side! But seriously it’s been great for me and I will be continuing my plan - it’s worth it for me! Thank you Freshly!

Freshly response

You're welcome Amanda, and thank you! I love our Freshly family members as without you, where are we!? But, you touched me with your well-written review. From your enjoyment of the meals to your kind words describing our customer service. Kudos to you on healthier eating...and losing a pound or two for all of us is nice as well. And, don't get me started on the "mac and cheese" -- one of my faves, too! Thank you for sharing your fun review!

Original review: April 28, 2022

The Freshly App is very easy to use. Customer service is prompt if needed. The dishes are healthy options with most being gluten-free. The meals taste better than any frozen microwave tv dinner from the store and the menu's variety and frequent updates keep things new and fresh. I really do love Freshly.

Freshly response

Wow, what a review! We love hearing about how our customers are enjoying Freshly, so this definitely made our day. Thanks for being part of the Freshly Fam, Michael!

Original review: April 27, 2022

First delivery did not come on time. Still waiting for meals. Says it was shipped 4/23 and their packages are good for up to 60 hours. But it’s been 4 days. I don’t think that’s going to be good. I cancelled my subscription and they said they put a $10 credit on my account. That does absolutely no good when I can’t eat the food and I cancelled the subscription. So now I’m out money for 4 meals.

Freshly response

Hey Krystal, thank you for writing to us and sharing your experience. We're so sorry to hear that you haven't received your most recent order. Please send us a text at 1-844-373-7459 or email support@Freshly.com so that our Customer Care team can double-check and see how else we can be of assistance, we'd love to make this right for you.

Original review: April 12, 2022

My husband and I are just about empty-nesters. Freshly is so convenient for us. No cooking at all! No mess! Plus we count calories and Freshly helps us to stay on track. The food is delicious!! We especially love the beef stew and the steak peppercorn. They have so many healthy options!!

Freshly response

We're delighted to hear that you've enjoyed your meals so far and you find our service convenient for you. We always aim to provide convenient and delicious meals for our customers and hearing this warms our hearts. Thanks again for such an amazing review, Dawn!

Original review: April 7, 2022

I tried once several months ago, was underwhelmed for the price and canceled. I go on months without thinking of the company. Recently I received an email about an order that is going to be shipped. I go in and have to cancel my account a second time. Still, card has been charged and your meals will be shipped. Their response was that I must have clicked a promotion, and that’s all it takes it to unsubscribe. I asked for a refund, which was denied. I asked for them to remove my credit card to avoid it happening again- that was also denied. PS every time you cancel, you’re required to completely fill out a survey. If you skip a question, you cannot cancel. I still don’t know how I was “logged in.” I haven’t been to their site other than to cancel. Extremely sketchy company. It’s amazing these business practices are even legal.

Freshly response

Hi Ryan, I appreciate you sharing this with us. While it's sad to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us, I'll definitely pass your thoughts to the appropriate team. Please know that this isn't the experience we're going for. With that said, I'll be reaching out to you privately to make this right.

Original review: April 1, 2022

I get a home cooked meal by a professional chef for lunch & dinner - what could be better than that! It took me a few tries to cook correctly in my microwave since mine is 1250 watts - not 1100 (it takes 2 min instead of 3). There are about 30 meals to choose from, they add new meals weekly, and sometimes they bring back old favorites, so it never gets boring. The website is easy to use - click on a picture and get all the ingredients and nutrition info. The delivery service has been great - always on time and delivered to my door - so much easier than shopping & cooking. If there ever is a problem or question, the customer service department is the best I've ever dealt with - they always quickly take care of any issues and leave me smiling. Several of my friends are now using Freshly and they're very happy!!

Freshly response

Hi Jill, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review with us! This is truly heartwarming and we're always happy to be here for you. Thanks again for the 5-star rating and for being part of the Freshly fam!

Freshly Company Information