3.5/5 (70 ratings)

About Freshly

Healthy, gourmet, chef-prepared meals delivered to your door.

How Freshly Works:

1 - Choose Your Meals. You pick your meals from our constantly rotating weekly menu of more than 30 different gluten-free options.

2 - No Shopping, Cooking Or Cleaning. Our chefs take care of everything for you. From perfecting the meals on your weekly menu to shopping for the finest, all-natural ingredients they can find.

Freshly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?

Original review: April 2, 2022

Hello. I've been receiving 6 Freshly meals weekly for 28 weeks now (skipped one week for spring break 2022) and I am very pleased to offer this review... These meals are stunningly delicious! Seriously. For example, I used to come home hungry, want to eat and fix/purchase something quick in the category of pizza, burger/fries, Campbell's chili... I don't crave junk food anymore, I actually crave my next meal... on the way home I'm actually looking forward to my choice of the remaining 6 meals that night...

I try new meals frequently (I'm a meat/potatoes type) and have only ONCE in over more than 6 months of weekly deliveries and choices of meals experienced a side (NOT the entrée) that I didn't like. AND my grocery bill has gone way down!! I pay approx $10+ for each meal (with shipping). I am "all in" on Freshly meals each week, I STILL look forward to eating them each day... I've lost weight!! Woot! Needed that, but haven't ever gone hungry. I love choosing my meals each week, and one week I needed to use Freshly Support to resolve a matter and was connected to a person immediately, and that person corrected my order with me real-time... excellent support. That's my Freshly Review. I'm very happy I found this product.

Freshly response

Hello Eric, thanks so much for reviewing us and for the 5-stars! I absolutely love to hear how our meals and service have made an impact in being part of your everyday routine. We're always seeking to aim satisfaction for all of our customers and I'm grateful our hard work has been paid off. Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts and we're beyond blessed to have you as part of the Freshly fam!

Original review: April 1, 2022

I get a home cooked meal by a professional chef for lunch & dinner - what could be better than that! It took me a few tries to cook correctly in my microwave since mine is 1250 watts - not 1100 (it takes 2 min instead of 3). There are about 30 meals to choose from, they add new meals weekly, and sometimes they bring back old favorites, so it never gets boring. The website is easy to use - click on a picture and get all the ingredients and nutrition info. The delivery service has been great - always on time and delivered to my door - so much easier than shopping & cooking. If there ever is a problem or question, the customer service department is the best I've ever dealt with - they always quickly take care of any issues and leave me smiling. Several of my friends are now using Freshly and they're very happy!!

Freshly response

Hi Jill, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review with us! This is truly heartwarming and we're always happy to be here for you. Thanks again for the 5-star rating and for being part of the Freshly fam!

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2021

I received my shipment today, but something was off. I received 4 of one item and the premium item that I paid extra for was missing. According to Nikki, the customer support rep I was talking to, she said there were issues with supplies and ingredients, so they had to replace the item with something else. A little upsetting that I didn't get any notice about it, but the bigger issue was that I paid a premium for the items and didn't get it. Nikki resolved the issue, giving a credit for next time. I really appreciate how quickly she resolved the issue. I'll just have to try again next time.

Freshly response

Joseph, I am very happy that Nikki not only took good care of you but also explained what may have happened. As we ship fresh (never frozen), it can happen where we may run out of fresh ingredients to finish a meal(s). Thank you for your patience and understanding. We're always here to help -- 24/7 -- so always feel free to let us know how we can help and improve for you. Thank you for your kind review of Nikki!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

I work 12hr shifts 7 on and 7 off. It’s hard to eat healthy and well when you work 84hrs in a week. Freshly has helped amazingly. I am about to have a great healthy meal while at work and not just eat junk or something quick made and greasy. I also love that Freshly continues to add to their menu and all the Gluten Free choices since my oldest son has an Allergy to Gluten and loves to eat my meals from time to time because he knows they are safe. Thanks Freshly for simplifying my hectic life with great meals.

Freshly response

Oh my goodness Patrick -- bless you! You are working some crazy hours so I'm happy to know that you're enjoying your meals. I can only imagine with your schedule that you have no time to cook. And, the fact that your son is gluten adverse, I'm glad he's able to sneak one of your meals occasionally. Keep up the good work, but make sure you don't overwork yourself. You're the best part of Freshly, and I truly enjoyed reading your review! Thank you.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2021

Today, Sunday, October 31st, I received an email that my weekly Freshly Order was ready to be shipped and I suddenly realized that I forgot to go in to my account and skip weeks. I jumped on the Virtual Assistant and within minutes transferred me to a live person, named Ronald. Ronald helped IMMEDIATELY and never questioned why I forgot to skip weeks. BAM....gave me a refund and then, BAM, I asked to cancel my subscription because my friend I was shipping to has been well enough to go back to the grocery store on her own. And so, BAAAM!

You receive a five-star rating from me. You are always there and always flexible for me. I have had subscriptions with you for three years now, off and on and the reason I keep coming back is your customer service and flexibility. Thank you...Ronald deserves kudos AND a raise! I'll be back soon......and thank you, Mary Frances.

Freshly response

Love it! What a fun review! I'm so thrilled to hear that you had a stellar customer service experience with Ronald. He totally deserved a shout-out and he'll be delighted to know how much you appreciate him. Thank you for reviewing us and hope to cook for you again soon, Mary!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I am so frustrated with Freshly and I do not recommend them to anyone who needs reliability. I’ve been a customer of theirs for almost 3 years. I buy 12 meals a week to feed my father with dementia. They continue to remove or change delivery days all the time, pushing deliveries out by a week, leaving my father with zero meals. I’ve contacted them over and over about it - they don’t care, they don’t do anything, they don’t think it’s a problem that meals go missing for a week. They are unreliable, inconsistent, and don’t care about about their customers. Don’t give them your money.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I was not a fan of the lack of variety with the weekly meals. I canceled, received an email, confirming subscription ended. Two months later, without ANY form of notice, box showed up at my door. I had to dispute the charges with my credit card company, as I never received any notice of an order. I have been wasted numerous days with customer service trying to get my account canceled. Even if you “cancel” - your user and ALL account info (including credit card) remain. The ridiculous reason I was given for this mysterious order was that I must have clicked a promotional email, which meant I reactivated my account. How is that a viable method of sending me another box? Horrible business practice as is evident by the reviews and their disproportionate replies to the positive reviewers. Thank God my bank reversed all charges. KEEP all emails and screenshots of ANYTHING you do on their site.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

Customer service claims they can re-route a meal, can change the options but can't cancel the order. Claim I canceled subscription, that is why can't cancel order. Not true, put dispute with bank now.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2022

Been getting Freshly for over a year. For past three months packages arrive damaged, with melted fake ice covering my meals, left outside when they are supposed to be delivered to my door and spoiled, or driver makes "attempt" at delivery and my meals spoil on the truck. Every week is an odyssey with customer support chat to get my refund. Avoid these people at all costs. They don't care about your meals and their safe delivery or they wouldn't be using UPS. And shame on UPS Memphis for such lazy and poor performance. Going to try FACTOR Meals now.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2022

Beyond disgusting customer service from support agent Bryan. I received my normal shipment confirmation today but when I came home at night the food was not shipped. I never got an email of cancellation but the website said the food was cancelled this week. I reach out to customer service and Bryan said they had a power outage in the kitchen so they had to cancel my order. This doesn't make sense since I received a tracking number notification and even if it was the case, I never received an email saying my food was cancelled so my whole week's schedule is ruined. Worst part is I didn't even get compensation from Bryan until I asked and it was a disgusting 10$ off my next order which wouldn't even cover taxes. Never use Freshly.

Freshly Company Information