2.0/5 (30 ratings)

About Freshly

Healthy, gourmet, chef-prepared meals delivered to your door.

How Freshly Works:

1 - Choose Your Meals. You pick your meals from our constantly rotating weekly menu of more than 30 different gluten-free options.

2 - No Shopping, Cooking Or Cleaning. Our chefs take care of everything for you. From perfecting the meals on your weekly menu to shopping for the finest, all-natural ingredients they can find.

Freshly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?

Original review: April 2, 2022

Hello. I've been receiving 6 Freshly meals weekly for 28 weeks now (skipped one week for spring break 2022) and I am very pleased to offer this review... These meals are stunningly delicious! Seriously. For example, I used to come home hungry, want to eat and fix/purchase something quick in the category of pizza, burger/fries, Campbell's chili... I don't crave junk food anymore, I actually crave my next meal... on the way home I'm actually looking forward to my choice of the remaining 6 meals that night...

I try new meals frequently (I'm a meat/potatoes type) and have only ONCE in over more than 6 months of weekly deliveries and choices of meals experienced a side (NOT the entrée) that I didn't like. AND my grocery bill has gone way down!! I pay approx $10+ for each meal (with shipping). I am "all in" on Freshly meals each week, I STILL look forward to eating them each day... I've lost weight!! Woot! Needed that, but haven't ever gone hungry. I love choosing my meals each week, and one week I needed to use Freshly Support to resolve a matter and was connected to a person immediately, and that person corrected my order with me real-time... excellent support. That's my Freshly Review. I'm very happy I found this product.

Freshly response

Hello Eric, thanks so much for reviewing us and for the 5-stars! I absolutely love to hear how our meals and service have made an impact in being part of your everyday routine. We're always seeking to aim satisfaction for all of our customers and I'm grateful our hard work has been paid off. Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts and we're beyond blessed to have you as part of the Freshly fam!

Original review: April 1, 2022

I get a home cooked meal by a professional chef for lunch & dinner - what could be better than that! It took me a few tries to cook correctly in my microwave since mine is 1250 watts - not 1100 (it takes 2 min instead of 3). There are about 30 meals to choose from, they add new meals weekly, and sometimes they bring back old favorites, so it never gets boring. The website is easy to use - click on a picture and get all the ingredients and nutrition info. The delivery service has been great - always on time and delivered to my door - so much easier than shopping & cooking. If there ever is a problem or question, the customer service department is the best I've ever dealt with - they always quickly take care of any issues and leave me smiling. Several of my friends are now using Freshly and they're very happy!!

Freshly response

Hi Jill, thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review with us! This is truly heartwarming and we're always happy to be here for you. Thanks again for the 5-star rating and for being part of the Freshly fam!

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2022

Monday delivery so we have meals for the next 4 - 8 days (depending on the order). Food boxes arrive in good condition in ice packed box; food consistently good; some dishes are very spicy, but there is so much choice you soon figure out which dishes to re-order. Pop the tray in the microwave for 3 or 4 minutes, plate the meal, and that is all you need to do. You can add side salad or extra veggies if you care to but the portions are enough for a hearty meal.

Freshly response

Thank you so much for the amazing review, Geraldine! We're ecstatic to hear that we've been such a great fit for you. Thanks again for the excellent rating and for being part of the Freshly fam!

Original review: March 25, 2022

I have subscribed to Freshly meals for about 5 weeks and I remain completely satisfied with their product. I order 6 meals/week and am able to designate (from available meals) what I want about a week in advance of delivery. Meal delivery has been on time every time and packaging is such that the meals always arrive as if they just came out of the refrigerator. The meals themselves are very good and well balanced. They are also a snap to prepare. Most of them require only 3 minutes in the microwave followed by letting them stand for 2 minutes. The quality is excellent and the prices are reasonable. I would not hesitate to recommend Freshly to anyone wanting to simplify their busy life at meal time!

Freshly response

Hi Richard! I appreciate your 5-star review! I'm thrilled to hear how you've been pleased by our meals and the overall convenience! I hope you continue to enjoy. Thank you so much!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2022

Freshly has been the most user friendly meal delivery service that I have used. From their app, emails and en-route delivery notifications, they don't miss anything when it comes to customer service. I love the variety of meals, the ability to skip a week if needed and the fresh new meals they are always coming out with. Not to mention their incredible Instagram account that highlights behind the scenes creating and making. So thankful we found freshly!

Freshly response

Hi Jill, thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I'm happy to hear that everything is working great for you and that you've been enjoying our service. Thanks for being part of the Freshly Fam!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2022

I’ve tried some other competitors and Freshly is not good enough. Food looks disgusting like it was bought in Seven Eleven. Tasteless. After first meals both me and my wife were feeling weird (we tried different meals). She had a severe heartburn and as for me I was feeling pre-vomit state for two hours. I‘ve tried few more meals next few days and got heartburn each time… And of course they refused to give me money back.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2022

We've eaten 6 of their meals now hoping each time the food would get better. It hasn't. It's mushy and overcooked and I got sick from one of the meals. Customer Service would not refund my money. Only offered credit on a future order. I've canceled my subscription. What a waste of money!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

So my 2nd order delivered and left top of my .5 mile driveway with no notice to me. Animals got into food box yet when I called to get refund and return meals I was denied. GET A BETTER MEAL SERVICE. So I called my Credit Card company to deny charges. They are honoring my requests. BTW California all parties to any confidential conversation must give their consent to be recorded. Yet Freshly recorded me without my consent. I am researching legal recourse.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

I placed my first order with Freshly, it was to arrive on 11/12/2022. I waited the entire day the package never showed up. I called their customer service department and was told the package was being delivered on 11/15/2022! The package and contents are only good to last 2 days by the time the package would arrive the contents would have gone bad already! I was put on hold by 2 people who came back and said the package would be delivered on 11/13/2022. Today is 11/13/2022 I called their customer service department and was told the package was not arriving until 11/15/2022 and they had no idea why I was told otherwise.

I had already canceled my account with them and they were still going to ship another order and had already charged me for it! I demanded a refund and finally received one. DO NOT buy from this company, they are disorganized, all of their customer service is handled offshore and they will lie to you without remorse until you corner them. The company should be shut down for unethical business practices.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2022

The food was not good. Tasted like veggies were frozen and proteins very dry. I noticed I got charged for another order and immediately called. I wanted a refund for the next week because I didn't like the product. I talked to customer service and they said that they haven't sent the food out and can't give me a refund. It's a subscription and they don't want to lose any money coming in so they WON'T refund you! Terrible food and even worse service. I do not recommend!!

Freshly Company Information