Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.62/5

Healthy, gourmet, chef-prepared meals delivered to your door.

How Freshly Works:

1 - Choose Your Meals. You pick your meals from our constantly rotating weekly menu of more than 30 different gluten-free options.

2 - No Shopping, Cooking Or Cleaning. Our chefs take care of everything for you. From perfecting the meals on your weekly menu to shopping for the finest, all-natural ingredients they can find.

3 - Delivered To Your Door. All of your meals are prepared and cooked by our chefs and delivered fresh (never frozen).

4 - Heat & Enjoy. Our fully prepared, healthy meals are ready in under 2 minutes. The only thing you need to do is enjoy.

Freshly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?

Original review: June 22, 2020

Updated on 06/25/2020: I am always leery about green beans in prepared foods. But these were tender and delicious. The chicken was super tender as well. My only complaint, such as it is that a few less beans and a bit more mac and cheese would have been more balanced. But over all this was delicious and is a meal I would order again. BUT since the company is batting a 25% success rate so far (1 out of 4 eaten the first week of the program), it is highly unlikely that I will continue this service after mid July when I am back on my feet and can cook again.

Updated on 06/25/2020: Boy was I looking forward to this. What’s not to like about Citrus and Chicken together...I will unfortunately never know. As in a previous recipe, the heat was so intense it overshadowed any other possible flavor that might have been in the dish. There was not even a hint of citrus or honey at all. The rice was nice, the chicken was very tender and the cauliflower was just right. But come on people, add some salt (and yes it needed it) and lower the amount of heat. Or better yet, don’t even have the heat in the dish. It is unnecessary. Really disappointed.

Original Review: This is my first week using this meal service. I have used Blue Apron for several years on and off. I switched because I broke my leg and really can’t stand long enough to do the cooking required for the Blue Apron recipes. My first meal was the Pork Carnitas. I found the portion to be just right, but the dish lacked salt and the ‘heat’ was overwhelming by the time I finished. I like to taste the actual food, not just the ‘heat’. I think it was from jalapenos in the rice. A little less of that and a touch more of salt would have made this a very well balanced meal.

6 more to go and I will review each. The price is comparable to Blue Apron. As a single person, it is cheaper to use a meal service than to buy groceries. As someone who normally is working full time and is a full time grad student, it is worth it to me to use a meal service and it is certainly cheaper than eating fast food or having food delivered every night.

Freshly response

We truly do appreciate your honest feedback, Lynda! I'll make sure this will be forwarded to our chefs so we can hit the perfect mark next time. Thanks again for your review and I'm hoping for your fast recovery.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I was gifted a week's worth of Freshly food delivery that I redeemed recently. In order to redeem it I had to set up a profile. In doing so, I needed to provide my CC info but was informed it would not be charged and was only needed so I could redeem my gift. At the time it felt very user friendly, though part of me wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly - I created my profile, set up the order according to my gift certificate, selected the meals, and the date for delivery. Everything arrived when it should have and in excellent packaging. But then fast forward a week later, and I received an email stating my order had been shipped and that I would be billed $107+.

I contacted Customer Service and was provided EXCELLENT support by Valentine. He was friendly, professional, and took care of my issue. I asked him how this could have happened if I was informed my CC wouldn't be charged and I was simply using the service as a one-time gift (so I could be sure to inform others whom I gift this as well - it's a great gift!). Part of me braced for defensiveness or curtness, but not from Valentine. He was calm, he was understanding, and respectful. I would definitely recommend Freshly, but more importantly, I recommend Valentine as an excellent representative for your company.

Freshly response

Thank you for sharing your Freshly experience with us, Arlie! I would also like to apologize for the confusion in regards to redeeming your gift card but I'm glad to hear that Valentine was able to assist you efficiently. I'll be sure to let him know that he's been a huge help to you and I do hope we'd be able to cook for you again!

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Dear Freshly,

Despite online sassy comments (a la Facebook comments), I don't believe Freshly is for lazy people who don't like to cook or who don't like to meal prep. I believe Freshly is for people like me – people who are truly too busy to cook (though I love cooking) and who have the financial means to afford a meal delivery service. Yes, Freshly isn't the most affordable option. But what I spend in money, I save in time. I also appreciate that Freshly exposes me to foods that I wouldn't normally purchase or eat, and these foods happen to be rich in nutrients. These are things like green peas, quinoa, cauliflower mash potatoes or cauliflower pasta. I love that I'm expanding my palette with foods that are so tastily prepared that eating healthy is actually enjoyable.

I have also been using this shelter in place time to lose 20 pounds that I've gained from stress eating. With Freshly's meal portions and exercise 3x a week, I've lost 8 pounds in 2 months, which is pretty great to me. :) Plus, I'm worried about COVID-19, so not having to leave the house for groceries is a bonus. I've also found the customer service to be friendly and immediate when I've needed to contact your team a couple times. All in all, thank you for creating this service with delicious food and great customer support. As a marketer, I'm impressed with what your brand has achieved. Kudos and I look forward to staying a Freshly customer for a good while.

All the best,

Arianna

Freshly response

WOW --thank you for sharing this wonderful review, Ariana! I'm thrilled to hear we're a perfect fit! It's our pleasure to be cooking for you!

Original review: May 14, 2020

When my damaged order was quality- possibly safety compromised, I spent 1/2 hour in queue and that was overwhelmed. Probably due to coronavirus. When I finally reached my customer care representative, he was phenomenal. With everything centered around our planet’s horrific pandemic, and heightened consumer concerns re safety, and health, I could not justify taking chances on leaking packing materials, partially thawed food.

My rep was the epitome of professional, hands-on can, and will-do, sincerely cared about me. Even though chat text threads are less personable, being they are limited to a one-dimensional exchange, he conveyed a person of sound character, appreciation for my dissatisfaction, and took responsibility for the situation. He really was amazing on every conceivable level, and want to suggest he be given a formal letter of commendation, and praise. He deserves a promotion to train new hires, and employee incentive, raise or something. Can we clone him? Lol. A person with his skill set will go far.

I love Freshly and because of the way Freshly values clients, I will remain a loyal customer. I already told my colleagues, family that there are many competitors, but Freshly is the best in quality, taste, Epicurean’s delight, and they don’t cut corners. I love the high end, yet earth-friendly packing, packaging (please do not change a thing)! My bf agreed when I said this is similar to the best tasting Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airlines first-class entrees. Thanking Freshly Family, and wish every one of you well. Stay safe, look after your loved ones and if you can, the ones no one looks after. We are all connected. Cheers! Sheila.

Freshly response

Hi Sheila, I'm so sorry for any inconvenience that you've experienced with us. This is certainly not our intention, but I'm glad to hear that we were able to help and make things right for you. Thank you so much for rating us and for being a part of Freshly!

Original review: May 10, 2020

First of all, don't take the 1 star reviews too seriously. Delivery issues cannot be controlled, like mine with FedEx. It happens and not to mention there is a full refund. The food itself is good quality and cut well. Chicken is trimmed and not fatty. I have not found anything rubbery or dry. Vegetables are not mushy. I do take my meal out of the tray and put it on a plate to eat. It covers a regular sized dinner plate. The ounces of the meal are more than frozen meals. The serving is not too little. Keep in mind this is a regular serving and not a 1000 calorie meal.

Packaging needs a big shout out. The insulation is recycled denim! The ice blocks are non toxic. The plastic bags covering the insulation and ice blocks are recyclable. 5 star rating and keep in mind: My first week's order was cancelled and could not be filed. Full credit and a discount. One week my order was held up at the FedEx Depot and didn't arrive timely to make it safe to consume. Again a full refund and discount. Good food, great options, environmentally friendly, and good customer service. That is how they are - 1 star reviewers are the sky is falling types who have no regard for the fact that stuff happens. I cannot be happier with the convenience.

Freshly response

Thanks for the Freshly love, Chris! I'm so thrilled to hear how you've been enjoying so far, and I'm sorry that you've experienced delivery troubles recently! I hope we continue to WOW you week after week! Thanks for being a part of Freshly!

Original review: July 6, 2020

I am consistently very pleased with the quality of Freshly’s meals. They have excellent customer service reps including Miley who promptly handled a recent small issue with my order with an explanation and solution. Very satisfied with Freshly!

Freshly response

Thanks for taking the time to share your review, Kaela! I'm so thrilled to hear your wonderful experience with Miley and I'm so glad to know that you're loving our meals and service. I hope we could keep you satisfied in all your future orders.

Original review: July 5, 2020

Yes very efficient and quick to respond and he fix the problem and let me know what to do to stop it from happening again. So yes I'm very satisfied with Darrell and yes I know the voice recognition is spelling Darrell wrong. But he still the man because he kept this fat man on his program with Freshly. I love your food. It's fast easy to cook and easy to eat because everything taste awesome that I've had so far. Only complaint is that your text just spins in a circle when you want to talk to somebody. I found the email.

Freshly response

I'm truly grateful for your awesome feedback, Matthew, and I'm glad to hear that Darryl did an excellent job in assisting you with your concern. I hope you'll continue to love our meals and service!

Original review: July 2, 2020

I chatted to find out if I could send a gift card to my son and daughter-in-law. They are expecting their second baby next week. Pheter was very thorough and patient as he/she helped me understand your service. Deserves a raise!

Freshly response

Thanks for sharing your superb customer service experience, Joann! I'm extremely glad to hear Pheter was a very huge help to you.

Original review: June 30, 2020

I had a problem with my order and I contacted Freshly customer service. Dino was very prompt and helpful. He resolved my problem in a satisfactory manner. I was very pleased with Freshly's customer service and Dino in particular.

Freshly response

Thank you so much for your 5-star rating, Katie! I'm glad to hear Dino was a great help and I'll be sure to share your awesome feedback to our team.

Original review: June 26, 2020

I love Freshly. I tried the dinners that you cook, they are not worth it. We get meals we enjoy and within 3 minutes in a microwave we have dinner. Cleanup is a snap. There is a wide variety of meals and I never have a problem finding things I like. Customer service is wonderful. Thanks Freshly.

Freshly response

Thanks for sharing your marvelous Freshly experience, Vickie! It's like carrying a bundle of joy knowing we're match made in heaven! Keep the Freshly love coming and cheers to a more remarkable experience with us!

Freshly Company Information