2. Shopping
  3. Meal Delivery Service

4.6/5 (501 ratings)

About Freshly

Healthy, gourmet, chef-prepared meals delivered to your door.

How Freshly Works:

1 - Choose Your Meals. You pick your meals from our constantly rotating weekly menu of more than 30 different gluten-free options.

Freshly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?

Resolution response: May 5, 2021

Thank you!

Original review: May 4, 2021

I wanted to take a moment to thank Freshly for their service over the last several months. I have been on a temporary duty for the military away from my home and family for 9 months. I do not have access to a kitchen in my current living quarters, and have done meal plans in the past from a local vendor in my last location, but have never done meal delivery like this before.

I first came across Factor, and used them for the first three months. They were okay at first, but the meals weren't great, and then their packaging started to decline and I was receiving meals that were broken with loose food in the box, and some of the "sealed" meals would also go bad within a couple days. I left their service and came across Freshly. Not only have the meals always arrived on time and lasted through their recommended use date, but they've always been packaged well and never broken/damaged. Additionally, the meal plan is cheaper and the food tastes excellent. I also enjoyed the variety, and would change up my meals every week. Not the chicken Tikka Masala though, I got that every week and have enjoyed it every time.

My 9 month training is coming to an end next week and the meals I'm receiving today will be my last for a while as I transition to a more permanent home elsewhere. My new duty station has a meal-planning service locally, and I'm tempted to switch to them based on cost and location, but either way, it has been a pleasure working with your company over the last 6 months or so, and if I do decide to go back to a meal delivery service, Freshly will be the first company I turn to.

I mentioned above that I've been apart from my family and home for about 9 months. Living in a temporary living facility can really wear on someone, especially when they're used to home-cooked meals every day. I can't overstate the significance of receiving these healthy, non-preservative "home-cooked" meals every week. Your company has made a significantly positive impact on my life experience over the last several months, and I am very appreciative for that. Wishing your company the greatest success, it has been a pleasure!

Freshly response

William, what a wonderful review! I thank you for the 5-star review, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading of your history with Freshly. I can't begin to explain how thrilled I am that you've enjoyed the meals, and they've come to you safe and sound. While packages with any service provider can break due to carrier handling while being shipped, I'm so happy to hear that you've not had that experience with our packaging! William, thank you again! You are the best part of Freshly!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

I cannot cook. I can follow a recipe, but it never comes out right and I don't have a ton of time in the evenings. I'm a single, working-woman so these quick meals work perfect. I tried similar services but it takes 45 minutes to an hour to prepare. With Freshly you just pop it in the microwave for 3 mins max and dinner is ready. Food tastes great too! Sometimes I take these for lunch if I'm running short on time and can't make a quick sandwich. I have already referred a few friends and they love it. But I keep forgetting to use my referral code.

This works for me. Some may say it's pricey, but I get 4 meals for about $56 including shipping. I don't make a ton of money, but I do pay for the convenience. This is also healthier than the lean cuisines I was eating. I am still a little surprised by the sodium levels of the meals, but far better than me eating frozen microwavable food. I recommend plating the food instead of eating out of the tray, as recommended; it feels like an actual home cooked meal that way. Although you can freeze these trays, I always eat them fresh within the 4-5 days. After all, it is called Freshly.

Freshly response

Hi Jeanette! Thank you so much for your kind review! I loved your review and you said some perfect benefits of having our meals delivered. I'm thrilled you're enjoying your meals, and we hope you continue to enjoy! I'll reach out to your privately to assist you with your referral code application. We want to make sure you benefit from using your promo code!

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

UPDATED 3/11/2021: I previously submitted a review of this company but over the past few weeks their service has declined. In 3 weeks, received 3 wrong meals and one shipment shipped a day late. Hope their service improves.

ORIGINAL REVIEW: When I first started using Freshly, (approximately 9 months ago) I figured to get my meals, for the few weeks the discount promo covered and then discontinue. But I enjoyed the meals so much and they were so convenient. I am 74 and live by myself, and the variety and convenience appealed to me. As I look back, here are some of the reasons I continue to be a member: (Not in order of importance).

First: Convenience - Reduced Shopping. Important to me as I age and with the Corona Virus cautions I have to take because of age. Second: Taste - The taste is not quite as good as home or restaurant prepared and served and eaten directly from the kitchen, but far better than frozen or prepackaged meals from Grocery stores. Third: Quality - The meats are generally VERY tender and moist, and proportioned well, usually generous, once and a while a little skimpy. Vegetable sides are crispy and properly cooked. Pasta is aldente (sp?) and tasty. And sauces and seasonings are right on. Sometimes a little on the bland side, but that fits my taste and diet perfectly.

Fourth: Reliability - Not one delivery missed in 9 months. I know that is a great part to do with the carrier, but it also indicates great logistics support from Freshly itself. Fifth: Consistency - Dishes are pretty consistent from week to week. Same dish taste is very consistent, Improvements are implemented, but mostly for the better. Sixth: Price - There are several considerations for me here: I live alone and know how to cook. I am older and accomplish things slower than I used to. I live on a fixed income. When you consider, gas, food costs, tips, and Corona Virus restrictions, Freshly is considerably cheaper than eating out with a small trade-off in quality. Compared to home prepared, you would have to maintain a well stocked (costly) pantry to have the variety that Freshly offers, and living alone that is especially true.

Seventh: Time - Preparation 3 min vs 30 min or more to cook yourself, (less if you reheat a prepackaged dish - UGH!). 1-2 hours or more if you eat out. Plus no dishes to wash if you choose to use the packages the meals come in. Eighth: Nutrition - Each meal is well balanced and you can indicate a limited number of dietary preferences, and the site will show warning symbols if the particular dish fall outside these. In my experience (and this is my opinion only - not any sort of advice, medical or otherwise) (CYA Statement) I have felt better, more energetic and full of life since eating 6 Freshly meals a week.

Ninth: Customer Service - Rarely needed, but when you do they are fast, courteous, and go the extra mile to help you solve whatever issue you have. That's my experience, could Freshly do better - Of course, we all can. But so far so good, keep up the good work. Read it (if you have the patience), Ignore it (At your own peril of missing out on something good), Act on it (and maybe never be the same).

Freshly response

Hello William, thank you so much for sharing your Freshly love with us! Our hearts are so full of your kind words and appreciation! We're also very happy to hear that our meals and service are a great help to you during these trying times! We hope you continue to love our meals and service!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Got my food yesterday, started with the County Style chicken over mac-N- cheese W green beans. I would have sworn a chef came out of my kitchen to my table and delivered a freshly cooked meal!! OUTSTANDING FOOD!! That chicken was so moist and tender it has to be the BEST chicken I've ever had! And I had had some amazing food before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease (Gluten Intolerance - This is NOT the same as a Gluten allergy; if there is such a thing...). Tried the Beef Pilaf w Broccoli veg for lunch today. Still GREAT FOOD!! I am ecstatic with this food! 2 days and finally convinced my husband to try it, so we'll see... He has different dietary needs that I do. I had extensive recons and wasn't eating, maybe a little bit at nightructive intestinal surgery just shortly.

Freshly response

Perfectly splendid! Hearing this is truly a joy to behold. I'll be sure to share this win with our hardworking chefs, it'll absolutely blow their socks off knowing our meals were able to capture your tastebuds! Thanks for your incredible review, Janice, and cheers to more delicious meals your way!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

We rarely look at our phones on the weekends.. We saw the text a box had been delivered & we immediately thought to ourselves...why hadn't anybody knocked on the front door?? So we called the number for Freshly & it went to Axlehire-Amber told us it was not in their Operating procedures to knock on doors, only send a text. Gave number for Freshly which told us to text. Daryl came online and immediately took ownership of the issue. He started acting like congress trying to throw money at the issue with a refund, etc. I said, "Daryl, this issue cannot be solved with money-it requires change. You need to have a sit down with Axlehire and force them to start knocking on doors like FedEx and UPS does..even while running away! This food is perishable and it's unacceptable to leave it sitting out in the 109 degree heat we have here.

Daryl made us feel confident that the issue would be looked at. Not a simple refund and ignored...because I told him if I order again, I will be dealing with the same issue. You are only as strong as your weakest link! And throwing money at an issue, rarely solves the problem. I told Daryl we were switching from territory foods to freshly & they box it locally so its bery cold. Freshly has kinks to work out like mailing from phoenix. Daryl was the only one that acted like he cared about the issue and expressed his empathy and sympathy for our situation. Because leaving a package in direct sunlight and refusing to knock on a door-when everyone knows it's perishable and needs to be in a refrigerator is totally unacceptable!

Daryl was the only one that owned the issue unlike Amber at axel hires which was full of excuses and refused to accept responsibility for their driver. We feel like Daryl should be nominated for employee of the month & given a raise. He is Freshlys greatest asset! Imagine the customer service rep that can empathize with the customer and make them feel like they were heard and understood?? You can't find that anywhere nowadays!! In fact, we realized that Daryl should be promoted to training supervisor. Train other workers like Amber how to be a better employee for the company! We were truly hoping Freshly would be out new service, but we see now Territory Foods wasn't so bad. Only thing they were missing was Daryl. Please call to discuss further. I want to find out what's being done to ensure delivery personnel are knocking on doors. It's a simple fix that takes 1 phone call from top brass.

Freshly response

Hello Steven, thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I'm truly sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with your deliveries. This certainly isn't something we wish upon any of our customers. I am thrilled to hear Daryl was able to go above and beyond to provide you with excellent customer service! I would be happy to share your wonderful review with him! Also, If you have any further comments or concerns please feel free to reach out to us via email at SocialSupport@Freshly.com!

Original review: July 18, 2021

I had a fantastic chat experience with Belle U. She was able to respond to my inquiry promptly and help me change my order that was placed yesterday with ease. As a business owner myself, I’d gladly hire her.

Freshly response

John, thank you! And, we have no interest in Belle leaving Freshly -- but, I agree with your sentiment! Thank you for the fun review, and I'll be sure to share it with Belle! I KNOW it will be appreciated.

Original review: July 15, 2021

I ordered the food and it was so delicious and very convenient. I had an awesome experience with the food and The delivery! The food Is so delicious! It actually does live up to the hype and I would recommend.

Freshly response

Hello Karmen, thank you for your 5-star rating! I'm beyond delighted to hear that you've been enjoying our meals and overall service. Thanks again for reviewing us!

Original review: July 12, 2021

I am very happy with my Freshly service. I like the variety you have to choose from. I’ve only received one meal that wasn’t up to par. I received a bad dish of lasagna. They didn’t put enough sauce on the noodles & they were hard and dry. I am a widow and hate cooking for one and having tons of leftovers. Freshly is a good alternative.

Freshly response

Thank you so much for sharing this honest feedback, Lisa! We appreciate you for sharing your experience with the lasagna. I'd love to get this taken care of for you. I'll be reaching out to you in a private message in regards to this meal experience.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: July 12, 2021

I’ve had the worst experience with the Freshly during the short period of about 2 months of being a customer with this company. First incident, they delivered the wrong food item when I specifically indicated what food packages I wanted delivered. And when I contacted customer service, they only mentioned refunding me about $5 for the wrongly sent meal. Second incident, they delivered my food items a day late without giving proper notification. Fyi, this is prepackaged food items and they need to be refrigerated within 24hours or all the food items could get spoiled. Third incident, I was notified on my tracking app that my items have been delivered but when I clicked on the camera icon to check, I noticed that they have been delivered at the wrong address...

All of this happened during the short 2 months period of time while I started the freshly account. Honestly, their customer service is the worst and I would never join their account again. Fair warning to all future customers, if you want to get ripped off and have issues with possibly getting your food delivered late and getting spoiled and customer service not taking any responsibility to fix the issue. FRESHLY IS LITERALLY THE WORST FOOD DELIVERY SERVICE!!!

Freshly response

Angela, oh no, I'm so sad to hear this! Certainly, the experiences you mentioned are not the experiences we want our customers to have. We take great pride in our meals and customer service in hopes that our Freshly family members have a very positive experience. I feel bad as you did not have this type of experience, but I will reach out to you privately to see if I can be of further assistance to you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 3 stars
    Original review: July 12, 2021

I received a promo of 4 meals for $40 off. But when I got to the point of checking out. I asked for the "code." There was no code. Tried to work through the phone rep, which was an exercise in futility. She told me she could do a promo for 15 off. NOPE. Wasn't accepting that. So I backed out. Then I received the 4 wks for $100 off and jumped on it. Hope don't regret that. I will not recommend to a friend UNTIL I have tried the meals for the four weeks. If they are as good as your promo claims, you bet I will recommend. I live in The Villages, we don't like to cook (RETIRED).

Freshly response

Hello KL, thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback and suggestion! I'll be sure to pass this along to our team. I'm very sorry for all the trouble and confusion here, but I'm glad you're all set! For your convenience, if there's anything else we can help with, please feel free to send us an email at SocialSupport@Freshly.com and we'll be sure to help!

Freshly Company Information