Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.71/5

Healthy, gourmet, chef-prepared meals delivered to your door.

How Freshly Works:

1 - Choose Your Meals. You pick your meals from our constantly rotating weekly menu of more than 30 different gluten-free options.

2 - No Shopping, Cooking Or Cleaning. Our chefs take care of everything for you. From perfecting the meals on your weekly menu to shopping for the finest, all-natural ingredients they can find.

3 - Delivered To Your Door. All of your meals are prepared and cooked by our chefs and delivered fresh (never frozen).

4 - Heat & Enjoy. Our fully prepared, healthy meals are ready in under 2 minutes. The only thing you need to do is enjoy.

Freshly Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Got my food yesterday, started with the County Style chicken over mac-N- cheese W green beans. I would have sworn a chef came out of my kitchen to my table and delivered a freshly cooked meal!! OUTSTANDING FOOD!! That chicken was so moist and tender it has to be the BEST chicken I've ever had! And I had had some amazing food before I was diagnosed with Celiac Disease (Gluten Intolerance - This is NOT the same as a Gluten allergy; if there is such a thing...). Tried the Beef Pilaf w Broccoli veg for lunch today. Still GREAT FOOD!! I am ecstatic with this food! 2 days and finally convinced my husband to try it, so we'll see... He has different dietary needs that I do. I had extensive recons and wasn't eating, maybe a little bit at nightructive intestinal surgery just shortly.

Freshly response

Perfectly splendid! Hearing this is truly a joy to behold. I'll be sure to share this win with our hardworking chefs, it'll absolutely blow their socks off knowing our meals were able to capture your tastebuds! Thanks for your incredible review, Janice, and cheers to more delicious meals your way!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2020

We rarely look at our phones on the weekends.. We saw the text a box had been delivered & we immediately thought to ourselves...why hadn't anybody knocked on the front door?? So we called the number for Freshly & it went to Axlehire-Amber told us it was not in their Operating procedures to knock on doors, only send a text. Gave number for Freshly which told us to text. Daryl came online and immediately took ownership of the issue. He started acting like congress trying to throw money at the issue with a refund, etc. I said, "Daryl, this issue cannot be solved with money-it requires change. You need to have a sit down with Axlehire and force them to start knocking on doors like FedEx and UPS does..even while running away! This food is perishable and it's unacceptable to leave it sitting out in the 109 degree heat we have here.

Daryl made us feel confident that the issue would be looked at. Not a simple refund and ignored...because I told him if I order again, I will be dealing with the same issue. You are only as strong as your weakest link! And throwing money at an issue, rarely solves the problem. I told Daryl we were switching from territory foods to freshly & they box it locally so its bery cold. Freshly has kinks to work out like mailing from phoenix. Daryl was the only one that acted like he cared about the issue and expressed his empathy and sympathy for our situation. Because leaving a package in direct sunlight and refusing to knock on a door-when everyone knows it's perishable and needs to be in a refrigerator is totally unacceptable!

Daryl was the only one that owned the issue unlike Amber at axel hires which was full of excuses and refused to accept responsibility for their driver. We feel like Daryl should be nominated for employee of the month & given a raise. He is Freshlys greatest asset! Imagine the customer service rep that can empathize with the customer and make them feel like they were heard and understood?? You can't find that anywhere nowadays!! In fact, we realized that Daryl should be promoted to training supervisor. Train other workers like Amber how to be a better employee for the company! We were truly hoping Freshly would be out new service, but we see now Territory Foods wasn't so bad. Only thing they were missing was Daryl. Please call to discuss further. I want to find out what's being done to ensure delivery personnel are knocking on doors. It's a simple fix that takes 1 phone call from top brass.

Freshly response

Hello Steven, thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I'm truly sorry to hear about the trouble you've had with your deliveries. This certainly isn't something we wish upon any of our customers. I am thrilled to hear Daryl was able to go above and beyond to provide you with excellent customer service! I would be happy to share your wonderful review with him! Also, If you have any further comments or concerns please feel free to reach out to us via email at SocialSupport@Freshly.com!

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Updated on 06/25/2020: I am always leery about green beans in prepared foods. But these were tender and delicious. The chicken was super tender as well. My only complaint, such as it is that a few less beans and a bit more mac and cheese would have been more balanced. But over all this was delicious and is a meal I would order again. BUT since the company is batting a 25% success rate so far (1 out of 4 eaten the first week of the program), it is highly unlikely that I will continue this service after mid July when I am back on my feet and can cook again.

Updated on 06/25/2020: Boy was I looking forward to this. What’s not to like about Citrus and Chicken together...I will unfortunately never know. As in a previous recipe, the heat was so intense it overshadowed any other possible flavor that might have been in the dish. There was not even a hint of citrus or honey at all. The rice was nice, the chicken was very tender and the cauliflower was just right. But come on people, add some salt (and yes it needed it) and lower the amount of heat. Or better yet, don’t even have the heat in the dish. It is unnecessary. Really disappointed.

Original Review: This is my first week using this meal service. I have used Blue Apron for several years on and off. I switched because I broke my leg and really can’t stand long enough to do the cooking required for the Blue Apron recipes. My first meal was the Pork Carnitas. I found the portion to be just right, but the dish lacked salt and the ‘heat’ was overwhelming by the time I finished. I like to taste the actual food, not just the ‘heat’. I think it was from jalapenos in the rice. A little less of that and a touch more of salt would have made this a very well balanced meal.

6 more to go and I will review each. The price is comparable to Blue Apron. As a single person, it is cheaper to use a meal service than to buy groceries. As someone who normally is working full time and is a full time grad student, it is worth it to me to use a meal service and it is certainly cheaper than eating fast food or having food delivered every night.

Freshly response

We truly do appreciate your honest feedback, Lynda! I'll make sure this will be forwarded to our chefs so we can hit the perfect mark next time. Thanks again for your review and I'm hoping for your fast recovery.

Original review: June 9, 2020

I was gifted a week's worth of Freshly food delivery that I redeemed recently. In order to redeem it I had to set up a profile. In doing so, I needed to provide my CC info but was informed it would not be charged and was only needed so I could redeem my gift. At the time it felt very user friendly, though part of me wasn't sure if I was doing it correctly - I created my profile, set up the order according to my gift certificate, selected the meals, and the date for delivery. Everything arrived when it should have and in excellent packaging. But then fast forward a week later, and I received an email stating my order had been shipped and that I would be billed $107+.

I contacted Customer Service and was provided EXCELLENT support by Valentine. He was friendly, professional, and took care of my issue. I asked him how this could have happened if I was informed my CC wouldn't be charged and I was simply using the service as a one-time gift (so I could be sure to inform others whom I gift this as well - it's a great gift!). Part of me braced for defensiveness or curtness, but not from Valentine. He was calm, he was understanding, and respectful. I would definitely recommend Freshly, but more importantly, I recommend Valentine as an excellent representative for your company.

Freshly response

Thank you for sharing your Freshly experience with us, Arlie! I would also like to apologize for the confusion in regards to redeeming your gift card but I'm glad to hear that Valentine was able to assist you efficiently. I'll be sure to let him know that he's been a huge help to you and I do hope we'd be able to cook for you again!

Original review: May 14, 2020

When my damaged order was quality- possibly safety compromised, I spent 1/2 hour in queue and that was overwhelmed. Probably due to coronavirus. When I finally reached my customer care representative, he was phenomenal. With everything centered around our planet’s horrific pandemic, and heightened consumer concerns re safety, and health, I could not justify taking chances on leaking packing materials, partially thawed food.

My rep was the epitome of professional, hands-on can, and will-do, sincerely cared about me. Even though chat text threads are less personable, being they are limited to a one-dimensional exchange, he conveyed a person of sound character, appreciation for my dissatisfaction, and took responsibility for the situation. He really was amazing on every conceivable level, and want to suggest he be given a formal letter of commendation, and praise. He deserves a promotion to train new hires, and employee incentive, raise or something. Can we clone him? Lol. A person with his skill set will go far.

I love Freshly and because of the way Freshly values clients, I will remain a loyal customer. I already told my colleagues, family that there are many competitors, but Freshly is the best in quality, taste, Epicurean’s delight, and they don’t cut corners. I love the high end, yet earth-friendly packing, packaging (please do not change a thing)! My bf agreed when I said this is similar to the best tasting Cathay Pacific, Qatar Airlines first-class entrees. Thanking Freshly Family, and wish every one of you well. Stay safe, look after your loved ones and if you can, the ones no one looks after. We are all connected. Cheers! Sheila.

Freshly response

Hi Sheila, I'm so sorry for any inconvenience that you've experienced with us. This is certainly not our intention, but I'm glad to hear that we were able to help and make things right for you. Thank you so much for rating us and for being a part of Freshly!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

Must admit was skeptical when I was looking as I have tried others. But this food is the bomb!! great tasting and a good portion for the price. Keep up the great work Freshly!!!! I would recommend them to anyone!

Hello Stephen,

Sounds like we ticked all the boxes! Thank you for giving us the chance to cook for you! It would be our greatest pleasure to keep satisfying you with more delectables to come!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

As a single person with celiac disease this service is exactly what I needed. No more food waste, no more fast food for a meal each day. Delicious & great to have meat & vegetables without out making a dinner for more than one person.

Freshly response

Thank you for sharing this, Terry! I'm excited to hear our meals are a perfect fit for you! I hope you can continue to enjoy us for weeks to come!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I am happy with my order, would let you know if I wouldn't and I am SICK AND TIRED of getting "Feedback" every time (not only you but EVERY WEB PAGE) Every time I go to look at something!!!! There should be a button to SKIP!!!!

Hi Shirley,

We apologize for the trouble, but we're so happy to know that you've been enjoying your Freshly meals so far! Thank you for the stellar rating!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

As a full-time working wife and mom to a child with special needs, finding time to make a healthy dinner was always a challenge. Freshly gives me peace of mind knowing dinner is already prepared at the end of the day with nourishing, fresh and well-balanced ingredients.

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for letting us know how we've been a perfect fit for you! This is what we're here for - Your convenience and satisfaction! We're looking forward to spending more delicious weeks with you

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

I’ve only had good experiences with Freshly ever since I started ordering meals for my partner and myself 10 months ago now. My only ask would be to see some vegetarian options be made available sometime, but overall it’s been great. I’m saving money ordering out less often and these meals have really helped me with my portion control which I’ve always struggled with. Highly recommend!

Freshly response

Thank you for sharing this, Eric! I'm excited to hear our meals helped you with portion control! I'd be happy to share your interest in vegetarian meals with our chefs!

Freshly Company Information