Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.56/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Freshly Reviews

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

Fast delivery, fresh food, and I like the variety as well. I would definitely recommend this service. The packaging is also very simple, and always just a pop in the microwave to get it warmed and ready to eat. I didn’t have a meal that I didn’t like so far.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

Freshly is a great meal service option for single people. Their introductory offer is a great way to try their offerings. I found that they had a good variety for me, however, I did not order meals every week. I think if you were ordering meals weekly, it might be pricey and repetitive based on your palate choices.

Get expert buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

It is really great for me as a single in the household. The selections are fine and very tasty which I could not replicate on my own. Delivery times & options are very accommodating. Overall, I am quite pleased with Freshly!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

The ordering process is very simple, communications are impeccable, delivery is seamless and the food is good. A good variety with seasonal options rotated. I am delighted as cooking for one is a bore. I have tossed two many unused grocery ingredients when meals did not get cooked as planned. I don’t need to go out to be served a meal.

Original review: March 5, 2019

The veggies were always fresh and good. But the food began to look the same after three meals. Would of liked more choices. A better cut steak beef would of been nice. After three weeks I felt the cost to be a burden.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Freshly?

Original review: Feb. 3, 2020

I only did a trial week delivery with 4 meals. Two Peppercorn steak and 2 roasted turkey. I would never pay this much for these meals. They were horrible. Going out to eat will be about the same price and will taste better than this. Save more money and get lean cuisine because it tastes better and the portions are about the same if not better.

The steak was so small, it was 1.5” thick but the diameter was about 2-3”. It was tasteless. The veggies were a joke. The thin carrot sticks were at most 1” long and were basically soggy and almost looked like mashed carrots with green beans. The only decent tasting thing was the mashed potatoes and gravy... but you would have to really try to mess that up. The roasted turkey was over seasoned with herbs and way too salty. The stuffing was disgusting and way too soggy, with no real breading. The yellow and orange carrots were dry and limp with out any flavor. This was the most disappointing meal delivery I have ever received. After taxes and all each meal is almost $13-14!!! It’s such a ripoff. If it tastes better then I wouldn’t mind it but these tasted awful.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

The food is OK. I like some of the meals a lot, but after a while it feels like I'm eating leftovers every night. But their service is lousy. Yesterday they delivered me the meals for someone else. And back in December, they stopped delivering meals entirely since they couldn't guarantee they would arrive in time (and the first I heard about it was late on a meal delivery day, so I had no advance notice). There have been other times when the delivery didn't show up at all with no notice. Every time something like this happened, they offered me a refund and a credit on my next order.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

To give context to my review, I am a fairly picky eater and not a big fan of vegetables. I had high hopes but Freshly's food was very disappointing. The steak was such a weird texture and it grossed me out, the Chicken Parmesan was worse than Lean Cuisine, and the Fusilli pasta only had a few noodles. The vegetables were bland and soggy from all the butter. I genuinely got sad every night when dinner came along because I didn't want to try the next meal. My husband tolerated it but didn't even eat his third meal before it went bad.

I decided to give it another week to see if it would get better, and the order literally got stuck in the locker for my apartment because of the delivery person. I couldn't eat those meals and I was relieved because I really didn't want to eat them, but I wanted my money back. I emailed customer service and they offered me a coupon for a future order, which didn't solve my problem because I had already cancelled my subscription. That's $120 I'll never get back. I switched to another food subscription that is cheaper and so much better.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Excellent food. Would like more choices but all other aspects of service were great. Would highly recommend this food service to anyone especially those who work long hours. Food is healthy and gives you energy to make it through your day.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2019

The meals are sent fresh and are easy to prepare. They are well balanced. They are well proportioned. Also, the presentation is attractive.

Not sure about Freshly?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right weight loss program for you.

Freshly Company Information