1.46/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratings

14 Dasani Bottled Water Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

I want to report that I have been sickened due to drinking this water and have stomach pains and diarrhea. I was drinking Nestle Pure Life for a while but decided to try Dasani again because I thought it was good in the past. But since buying a package of this water, I have had abdominal pain and digestive problems. I'm disgusted and know with certainty that it's due to this water. It has a soapy taste now that I compare it to other water. My tap water is safer than this water.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

Opened a new bottle we bought from a case a few days ago. Took a sip and immediately spit it out, tasted terrible and off. I looked in the bottom and there are two large white blobs floating around - look like jellyfish. Some sort of mold/fungus/bacteria. Called the company to have someone come out immediately since I have a compromised immune system already. They kept repeating "that is not up to our standards". Hoping to have someone reach out ASAP for testing. Reported to FDA. We are going to test ourselves as well. HUGELY concerned.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2018

I use to love Dasani bottled water, but now I will not drink it. It tastes awful and has a chemical taste to it. My Las Vegas tap water taste better and Las Vegas water is bad. Something going on at the bottle water factory Coca-Cola is changing the way they purify the water to make bigger profits. No surprise the Coke brothers are scumbags. Costco water taste better. I would drink Voss or Evian water but a little too expensive for me. I drink 8 to 10 bottles as a day.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I just opened and drank one swallow of a Dasani Bottled Water. As I swallowed it I began tasting some chemical taste, that burned my tongue and the roof of my mouth. It tasted awful and the roof of my mouth is still burning one hour later. I called the company but it was closed. I will call again tomorrow. The number on the bottle is 41238WV2. The date is Jan2819BBF. Please check this for me. I still have the bottle of water and the receipt from Walmart. Could you test it for me? It was bought at the Walmart in Clinton, NC 28328. The Dasani 16.9Z barcode is 004900003165 F. The store number is St# 02580 0P# 001546 TE# 08 TR# 04284. Please advise...

Original review: May 8, 2017

Found numerous blue packets in water bottle and even turned the water blue. Had to be something that got in bottle from packaging as the bottle was sealed. Dasani customer service said basically that that was impossible to have in water bottle and offered to send coupon to me. I just wanted to know what was inside the packets as I drank some of that water and they were not helpful at all about that.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dasani Bottled Water?

Original review: May 5, 2017

I've always believed Dasani had a very nice taste and though the brand was one of the better ones. Then I stopped shopping at Walmart. Yesterday, I opened my first bottle in months and noticed that it was produced by the Coca-Cola Company. After this encounter, I realized this water must be sketchy if it produced by a soda company. Many unnecessary chemicals added. Worst of all, it's TAP WATER. I am not going to waste my money buying tap water with chemicals. Extremely disappointed in this brand and absolutely HATE WALMART.

Original review: July 7, 2016

So I drank two bottles (was thirsty) and I noticed the same reaction as if I drank a soda! Hands are swollen and the water tastes horrible. BLEH.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2016

I see a lot of complaints about Dasani Water but I never had a problem with it. It always had a sweet taste to me. The only thing that will keep me from drinking it is I just recently found out it was made from tap water but I never had a bad experience.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

The mold is in every bottle, some is floating, some has attached itself to the sides or bottom of the container. My husband drank half of his bottle before we even noticed it. We have always been devoted Dansani drinkers but not any more. We bought a whole case and all of the bottles are contaminated. The problem is we are not sure where we bought it but I do have the UPC code.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2015

Purchased two cases of Dasani water... one at Walgreens and one at WalMart. BOTH cases the bottle and the water tasted and smelled like gas/kerosene. Even tried washing unopened bottles with Dawn. It still stunk and tasted bad. What's up with their quality control?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2014

I found a water bottle in my cooler at work with a jellyfish like mold in it, after returning home and checking the remaining bottles they all had it. Opened second case from garage and also all bottles with same mold. I drank almost a complete case before finding the mold, Dasani sent me a coupon for new case of water. I missed two weeks of work, doctor visit fees, and RX fees.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2012

I bought several cases of water and still have the bottles. You open the bottles and they taste and smell like soap. You need to figure out this problem. I'm looking for an explanation.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2011

I have just dumped out 3 bottles with a broken seal.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2001

I found tons of ants in a bottle of Dasani I bought here in the Rio Grande Valley few days ago. I realized my water was infested with thousand of red ants (certainly did not taste great and it was not good for my stomach) after drinking almost half of the liquid!

I was confident enough with the company to drink their bottled water without even looking inside the bottle! What if it was something else inside... WOW! Also just the thought of thinking where the ants came from? Dead rats or birds in the store? Contaminated by pesticides? It was not fun at all.

Dasani Bottled Water Company Information