2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.9/5 (123 ratings)

About Dannon

Dannon Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dannon?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dannon?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I have been eating Dannon Coffee Yogurt for 20 plus years -- my favorite lunch. Recently I noticed that the flavor was not the delicious treat it had been. I checked the ingredients today and noticed that sugar, water and the natural coffee flavor had been removed and replaced with cane sugar and natural flavors (whatever they are). The yogurt tastes nothing like coffee flavor and has a sour taste. In addition, the container gets smaller every few years so that it is barely enough to be the centerpiece for lunch anymore. What was Dannon thinking except for making a lesser product at a lesser price? Did they think that the change would go unnoticed?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Am fuming with such anger, but simply in few words, my son was eating one of the Activia yogurts and all of the sudden he starts coughing his eyes out and as you can imagine as parents me and my wife were panicking like mad, luckily our son managed to spit it out and what turned out to be 2 pieces of CHERRY PIT. This is simply not right, you pay top dollar for quality and nearly kills your child! All parents out there be careful!

Original review: July 4, 2018

This is my first time ever buying a product from Dannon. The first product I got was the vanilla Greek yogurt (5.3 oz). I was happy to be finally eating healthy, until I removed the lid and saw a small hair inside. I complained to them through e-mail, but still no response. It was also only filled about halfway. I am paying rent right now, so I honestly do not like wasting my money on things like this that could have EASILY been prevented. They clearly do not care for their customers thoughts or their customer's satisfaction. I wish I could give less than 1 star.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have been purchasing Dannon Slim & Fit yogurt for over 2 years during my weight loss. I am increasingly finding container that seem 1/2 full. Those purchased in 3pks or larger, from Walmart seem to be the worst. The package does advertise "Room for Topping". The package also says 5.3oz sized, but when I have weighed them, I am getting only 4oz. Is this why Walmart can see them cheaper than any other grocery store?

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My husband recently purchased some Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurts from the grocery store. All were well within their expiration date (as you can see on pic 2 the expiration date is Feb 7, 2018), however the last 2 containers that I've opened have looked watery and clumpy. As though the milk in the yogurt has curdled. This can happen usually when yogurt has been over cultured for too long or at too warm of a temperature. While the taste may be fine, this does not look normal (see attached pics) nor does it look appetizing. I will not be buying anymore Dannon products. You guys add way too much sugar to your products anyway...

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I've been eating this yoghurt for at least 10 years and this is the first time I've ever had this happen. I open up the package now lately and the yoghurt is filled up to about an inch before the top where as it used to be filled up to maybe a quarter of an inch and they're charging the same price. I Called twice, first time they apologized and said it must be in the filling department or whatever. Second time they justified and got pretty nasty on the phone.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Have noticed this 5-6 times. In spite of the expiry date being 3-4 days ahead of the present day, the curd was not at all good. It had a lacy consistency and does not even taste like curd. It is highly recommended to not buy this chemical stuff.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

This was the second time trying Activia. The first time was about a year ago. Today I tried it again and almost instantly got a terribly annoying burning stomachache. The same thing happened to my husband a few days ago. He didn't mention it until today when I told him about my pain. The same thing happened when I tried it the first time but I thought it was a fluke and tried again. This product is horrible! I haven't had stomach pain like this since I had food poisoning. I honestly don't know how this stays on the market. We can't be the only ones who experienced this.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I was eating Dannon Greek yogurt a couple of weeks ago, and I felt something in my mouth so I spit it out on paper towel, and it was snots. I was grossed out so I threw it out and forgot about it. Well I was eating Dannon greek strawberry yogurt this morning and the same thing happened, snots in the yogurt. I am so grossed out I am NEVER buying any Dannon products again!!!

Original review: May 18, 2017

I quit eating Activia for a couple of months & just started back today. I was very disappointed in the flavor, it was bitter & no vanilla taste at all. I used to eat the yogurt every day but will not anymore. I think it was a big mistake to change the flavor & they will lose me as a customer. As a matter of fact I have recently tried Greek Goddess yogurt & that is what I will be eating from now on. Bye-bye Dannon.

Dannon Company Information