1.29/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Last updated: Jan. 25, 2018

32 Dannon Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

My husband recently purchased some Dannon Light & Fit Greek yogurts from the grocery store. All were well within their expiration date (as you can see on pic 2 the expiration date is Feb 7, 2018), however the last 2 containers that I've opened have looked watery and clumpy. As though the milk in the yogurt has curdled. This can happen usually when yogurt has been over cultured for too long or at too warm of a temperature. While the taste may be fine, this does not look normal (see attached pics) nor does it look appetizing. I will not be buying anymore Dannon products. You guys add way too much sugar to your products anyway...

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I've been eating this yoghurt for at least 10 years and this is the first time I've ever had this happen. I open up the package now lately and the yoghurt is filled up to about an inch before the top where as it used to be filled up to maybe a quarter of an inch and they're charging the same price. I Called twice, first time they apologized and said it must be in the filling department or whatever. Second time they justified and got pretty nasty on the phone.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Aug. 21, 2017

Have noticed this 5-6 times. In spite of the expiry date being 3-4 days ahead of the present day, the curd was not at all good. It had a lacy consistency and does not even taste like curd. It is highly recommended to not buy this chemical stuff.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

This was the second time trying Activia. The first time was about a year ago. Today I tried it again and almost instantly got a terribly annoying burning stomachache. The same thing happened to my husband a few days ago. He didn't mention it until today when I told him about my pain. The same thing happened when I tried it the first time but I thought it was a fluke and tried again. This product is horrible! I haven't had stomach pain like this since I had food poisoning. I honestly don't know how this stays on the market. We can't be the only ones who experienced this.

Original review: June 15, 2017

I was eating Dannon Greek yogurt a couple of weeks ago, and I felt something in my mouth so I spit it out on paper towel, and it was snots. I was grossed out so I threw it out and forgot about it. Well I was eating Dannon greek strawberry yogurt this morning and the same thing happened, snots in the yogurt. I am so grossed out I am NEVER buying any Dannon products again!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dannon?

Original review: May 18, 2017

I quit eating Activia for a couple of months & just started back today. I was very disappointed in the flavor, it was bitter & no vanilla taste at all. I used to eat the yogurt every day but will not anymore. I think it was a big mistake to change the flavor & they will lose me as a customer. As a matter of fact I have recently tried Greek Goddess yogurt & that is what I will be eating from now on. Bye-bye Dannon.

Original review: May 12, 2017

For years I have gotten my Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt from Costco. Now this product will not be sold at Costco. Costco stocks other Dannon products. I cannot have them. I have to watch my carbs, keep them as low as possible and my proteins as high as possible, keep my fat down low. Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt is the #1 yogurt my surgeon wants me on. Now I am forced to pay four-five times more for this yogurt. No I will not. I will find a yogurt that will work for my diet needs without having to pay so much. Dannon you have lost me as a valuable customer. Considering I bought 6 cases of the yogurt at a time at Costco.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I have been buying Dannon Activia for no less than 10 years and have liked it up until now. I noticed that the packaging has changed and did not think they would modify the product. Wrong. The yogurt has less flavor and a different consistency that I do not like. It is a shame that this has happened. I will discontinue buying this product and may not even finish the rest of what I have in the fridge.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2017

I have been buying this product for many years and have always been satisfied until fairly recently. Each cup I open is very watery and not as flavorable as before. I was beginning to think that maybe it was spoiled. Why did you change the consistency? Please go back to the way it was or I will have to start purchasing a different brand.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2016

I have been buying Dannon Activia yogurt since it first came out years ago. The pineapple and strawberry are my favorites. Before the new packaging it had the consistency of a pudding and was just delicious. I will not be buying it anymore because it now taste different and it is very watery. Go back to the square packaging and the pudding consistency. Dannon has made a huge mistake by doing this because they've lost many customers.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2016

Light and Fit Yogurt "New" packaging (and product). So the size of the contents is now 12.5% less, the consistency is more watery, the cover no longer rips off cleanly, and the price has increased. I'm sure you're counting on consumers' brainlessness to simply continue to buy your product, but I don't qualify for that group - so I'm done. A prudent business person once told me this about customers and clients: "Friends come and go, but detractors accumulate."

Original review: Jan. 25, 2016

I have eaten Dannon Coffee Yogurt every day for the past 15 years. On January 8th I opened a container of coffee yogurt and could have poured out the yogurt like water. I threw that package away. I opened a second container and it was also watery. I called Dannon Yogurt and was told the yogurt was safe to eat. Based on their reassurance, I ate the container of yogurt. About 3 hours after eating the yogurt I got serious cramps. About 5 hours after eating the yogurt I had terrible vomiting. I was sick in bed for 48 hours and it took me about 5 days before I was starting to feel close to 100%,

I called Dannon and told them I got food poisoning from their yogurt. They tried to blame other things but since the yogurt was the only thing I ate over the 14 hours period prior to eating the yogurt they told me that they wanted me to ship 3 containers to them. I bought a dozen containers the Saturday before and all 12 containers were like water inside. They promised to tell me the results of their testing but I am still waiting to hear what got me so sick. The product code was Jan 24 MJ 0302. Dannon sent me 10 coupons for 25 cents off. Given the pain I went through, you would think they would be more generous (especially since I am paid by the hour and went home from work sick because of their defective product). Did anyone else experience the same thing as me?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2015

When I opened the yogurt it had a 1/2 in layer of watery substance on the top and the yogurt looked chunky and curdled and I was scared to eat it. I googled the yogurt and after reading the reviews, was glad I hadn't touched it and immediately threw it out. I'll never buy a Dannon product again and I'm also mad at myself for assuming it was safe based on a celebrity endorsement. Thank you for having this site.

Original review: July 31, 2015

I hate it!!!! Doesn't have any good stuff on it. It is so sweet, fake sweet and so gross. Cornstarch? I don't get it if it is yogurt. One time I get it and last time for sure!

Original review: June 10, 2015

I recently tried Activia after my work started carrying it. I only tried it once after reading the ingredients list, which told me that not only is the product not vegetarian (contains gelatin), it is also loaded with sugar and unnecessary additives! I will never eat this product again, and will go back to eating plain, organic Kefir or yogurt that contains only milk and organic cultures. If the causes of your digestive ailments is candida or bacterial, then you absolutely want to avoid this sugar- loaded product! Better options are definitely out there -- consider probiotic supplements, kombucha, kefir, fermented foods and other diet/ lifestyle changes. Experiment with gluten free diets as that can also help a lot with regularity! Best of luck to all digestive sufferers <3

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

I suffer with ibs d. I've had it for about 4 years. I've seen many a doctors and they really can't put a finger on the problem. I have made a lot of changes in my diet and lifestyle which has help me cope. I recently tried aptivia yogurt because it states it can cure your tummy troubles in two weeks. I ate 1 a day for about 5 days. On the 5th day while at work sharp pain started radiating in my chest and stomach area, the pain was terrible. I realized I needed to go to the rest room and excused myself.

When I got to the restroom I had the most explosive gas I have ever had in my life, and the I let go of I don't no what, soft watery stools. After I finished I went back to work, that was only the beginning. I went back about 5 more times, each time worse than before. I had to go home. I was so sick, nauseous, and trembling all over. I used the restroom 18 times in one day. It's been 4 days now and I still have the same symptoms. I have used the rest room about 26 times in 4 days, I'm almost to the point of going to the hospital. I won't eat nothing Dannon sells ever again. That stuff is dangerous to some people, they are not telling the whole truth about their product, it's a lie.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2014

Has anyone noticed a change in the consistency of Activia lately or is it just me? The last few packages I have used are extremely watery with no consistency at all. Is this how Dannon has reformulated Activia so they don't have to increase the price?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2013

After stirring my yogurt cup to mix in the fruit from the bottom, I took a few bites and realized something wasn't right. After looking down into my yogurt cup I discovered maggots. The company had me mail the specimen to them and I then received a letter with 4 25 cent off coupons. How generous, as if they think I will be buying or recommending any product from Dannon again. I WON’T BE. This was not acted upon as an issue to them.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2012

For about 2 years, I ate Activia with no problems. It seemed to help me with my extremely slow digestive system and major constipation issues. Then about 18 months ago, I started getting impacted, because this product wasn't solidifying the stool. Instead, it kept it moosh pooh (like cow plop), therefore unable to process through the system and expel itself.

Unable to expel gas and pooh for days, it has led me to discontinue its use completely. Because of this issue, I have had to go the an ER twice for assistance in cleaning out the moosh pooh. This time around, I haven't eaten any solids for 3 days, only liquids as well as my usual daily water intake and daily 3-mile hikes. Nothing has worked to help me. So yet again, this time will be the third time having to get medical assistance for this problem.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2011

My three year old son was eating Dannon Cherry yogurt when he began to choke. I was in the rest room at the time he began choking in his booster seat at our kitchen table. After hearing him choking I immediately went to care for him. His face was beat red and his choking was getting to the point that he was gasping for air. My reaction was pressing him hard on his back in an upward stroke. He thankfully coughed up a piece of cherry stem. I kept the evidence and contacted Dannon directly.

Dannon asked for me to send this item for lab testing. The test outcome confirmed that it was indeed a "plant" stem. I requested a compensation settlement for this terrible ordeal and was advised that Dannon is not responsible for this issue, legally they are not liable. I found that hard to believe when the product I bought clearly had Dannon's Brand on it. Never the less I was advised that it was the cherry mix supply company that Dannon purchases it's cherry mix from was liable. In any case, I requested my items to be returned, which I now have in my possession along with a copy of the lab results. No one at the cherry mix company ever contacted me.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2011

I purchased a 24 pack box of Activia yogurt from a club card share house store. I broke off a vanilla yogurt, and grabbed a plastic spoon from my kitchen. I peeled off the yogurts' seal, and after the third bite, my attention got caught by the weird sensation of something lumpy in my mouth. As soon as I took the fourth spoonful of yogurt in my mouth, I moved the small lump to the front of my mouth with my tongue and took it from my mouth with my fingers. It was a maggot. There was not any other explanatory reasons that caused my mouth to come into contact with a maggot, prior to taking the fourth spoon out of the Activia yogurt cup.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2010

I have had only positive results using Activia. I hope that they do not change its formula and while it may not work for everyone I use it daily and will continue to do so.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2010

I bought a 4-pack of Blueberry Cheesecake Activia, as I have often done. This particular package with an expiration of "Dec 08 2010, PLT 49-64," must have been the one bad apple (Barcode: 36632 03570). One of them tasted extremely tangy, so I threw it away. Another was swollen like a bag of popping Jiffy Pop, so I threw it away as bad. I've never seen Activia with such an unexpired shelf life taste this way!

Original review: March 2, 2010

I have no affiliation with the company that produces Activia. I am a long time sufferer of constipation for years. Once I began eating Activia, it took approximately 2 weeks of eating it approx 3-4 times weekly. I no longer had problems with constipation. When I stop eating it for a week or so, the constipation returns until I began eating again. I, as a Registered Dietitian, will order it for some of my patients that suffer the same and they say it relieves them. Some of the patients even ask for it. I don't know anything about studies on it. I do know it works for me. I am scheduled on 3/8 for a colonoscopy per my hx of constipation which maybe contributing to or result of other digestive issues. Thank you makers of Activia for this relief! It works!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2010

I purchased Activia under with the belief it would help my digestive system only to find out that it did not.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2009 That Dannon Activia Yogurt does not live up to what it claim, it taste nasty, My sister and I both tried it. It didn't do nothing for us. Didn't help my digestion system.
Original review: Sept. 22, 2009 I have purchased Dannon Activa for over a year due to health benefits and to hear the false advertisement I am fully concerned. I have even recommended the product too many others.
Original review: Sept. 21, 2009 I have had much indigestion after eating Activia but thought it was due to old age. I am 70. Just wanted to get my name in for the class action lawsuit settlement. Helen Butner
Original review: Sept. 21, 2009 I purchased this product to help me with a digestive problem. I bought activia after hearing commercials that state in two weeks you should see a change. I have been eating activia everyday for the past 3 months & have found no changes.
Original review: Sept. 14, 2007

On Sept. 7, 2007 I bought Dannon Activia Yogurt at a Fairbanks Fred Meyers store. The first spoonful I put in my mouth of the blueberry flavor had chunk of coal or charcoal of about 18 to 14 inch in size. I bit down on the chunk and it quickly disolved into little black bits. I spit it out in the sink.

Dannon Company Information