2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.99/5

Dannon Reviews

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I used to eat this yogurt daily as it was very helpful with IBS symptoms but I began to notice changes in consistency- especially when purchased at Walmart. I stopped buying it from them and figured they cheaped out because it was Walmart. But around the Dannon changed the packaging recently, it really didn't taste right. It wasn't helping me as much as it used to and tasted...cheap, watery, not the same. I took a peek at the ingredients (Admittedly I hadn't looked in a while as I trusted their quality). I was quite upset to see they now include "gelatin agar agar". Any added emulsifiers "natural" or not cause my guts to be upset and it has been more & more difficult to find products without them as they extend the shelf life and make the food creamier. (Try finding ice cream without them!) I am very disappointed and I will not be purchasing this yogurt anymore.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

I've been eating 2 Activia yogurt every day for about 7 years but for about the past year the consistency changes from one package to the next. One week it's just about right, then in the next week every cup in the package is watery! And lately it seems that every cup in every package is watery! I was very disappointed in the last 4 packages. What's going on Dannon? I will have to switch to a different company if you don't do some quality control. I've added a photo as proof of purchase as I don't have the receipt.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 14, 2019

What is in this yogurt that burned my mouth? I'm not allergic to blueberries. I eat Greek yogurt every day. Has anyone else had this experience? It was like eating a spoonful of pepper. Waiting for the burning to go away.

Original review: May 29, 2019

THIS IS NO LONGER YOGURT. I first ate Dannon in 1967, so I have a quite long enough history with this product. Recently got some "whole milk" vanilla, and kept thinking - this is not the same, it feels watered down. Sure enough, the ingredients on the label say WATER AND CORNSTARCH. Really?! Actual yogurt does not need "cornstarch" added, and "Water" allows Dannon company to weigh the product down with...WATER! What a shiester of a company, and how did they EVER THINK consumers would not notice this sham! If I wanted water I would pour out from my crock and get some. I will be returning mine, and be advised - this review is for DANNON company, and will be repeated in other sources.

Original review: May 25, 2019

I have been one of the top customer for this product to the point where I catch myself showing up to the local grocery store every truck day and buy the Peach Activia yogurt drink by the case where other customers upset as they can't get theirs. Today after several years I have to say I am very upset and don't think I would be buying this product any longer. As I go down the dairy aisle I noticed that now there is a new bottle. OK. Drink should be the same. Absolutely disgusting. It's water with a dab of milk and flavoring. Please bring back the original bottle and yogurt.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dannon?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Please bring real yogurt back! This Greek crap I wouldn’t feed it to a dog. The Greeks have ruined what was once a healthy food. Let’s go back to 1972 when yogurt was real. So we can show young people what yogurt is supposed to be!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I have been eating Dannon Coffee Yogurt for 20 plus years -- my favorite lunch. Recently I noticed that the flavor was not the delicious treat it had been. I checked the ingredients today and noticed that sugar, water and the natural coffee flavor had been removed and replaced with cane sugar and natural flavors (whatever they are). The yogurt tastes nothing like coffee flavor and has a sour taste. In addition, the container gets smaller every few years so that it is barely enough to be the centerpiece for lunch anymore. What was Dannon thinking except for making a lesser product at a lesser price? Did they think that the change would go unnoticed?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Am fuming with such anger, but simply in few words, my son was eating one of the Activia yogurts and all of the sudden he starts coughing his eyes out and as you can imagine as parents me and my wife were panicking like mad, luckily our son managed to spit it out and what turned out to be 2 pieces of CHERRY PIT. This is simply not right, you pay top dollar for quality and nearly kills your child! All parents out there be careful!

Original review: July 4, 2018

This is my first time ever buying a product from Dannon. The first product I got was the vanilla Greek yogurt (5.3 oz). I was happy to be finally eating healthy, until I removed the lid and saw a small hair inside. I complained to them through e-mail, but still no response. It was also only filled about halfway. I am paying rent right now, so I honestly do not like wasting my money on things like this that could have EASILY been prevented. They clearly do not care for their customers thoughts or their customer's satisfaction. I wish I could give less than 1 star.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have been purchasing Dannon Slim & Fit yogurt for over 2 years during my weight loss. I am increasingly finding container that seem 1/2 full. Those purchased in 3pks or larger, from Walmart seem to be the worst. The package does advertise "Room for Topping". The package also says 5.3oz sized, but when I have weighed them, I am getting only 4oz. Is this why Walmart can see them cheaper than any other grocery store?

Avoid expensive home repairs

Take our two minute quiz to find the right home warranty for you.

Dannon Company Information