3.7/5 (346 ratings)

About Dairy Queen

Dairy Queen Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Dairy Queen?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

I ordered a chicken basket and a pumpkin blizzard; they handed me out the blizzard first and then less than 7 minutes later after it had melted I got my chicken strips and fries and it made no sense to hand me a blizzard first before hot food was made. Make the hot food then send out the cold food. That just blows my mind. They don't know that. Secondly the pumpkin blizzard doesn't taste very pumpkiny. It's just vanilla with a hint of possible pumpkin spice and little chunks. Up your game Dairy Queen. Up your game. Pull your head out your butt and hot food first, cold food second.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2022

Had survey coupon for ice cream sandwich, was informed by counter girl they were out. I said, "Excuse me," she turned to 3 workers around her, one pointed to a young man to make it. When he came back from the back with part of it he is grinning and showing it to the others, made me feel like he had done something to it. While making it one of the girls asked him why he was using something, it's behind a counter but l think it was the ice cream, she then took over and finished it. I tossed it because I got a bad feeling.

The person that first started was working a window, he did not wash his hands before or after, just wiped them with a towel on the counter. Then you have the guy that puts his head down on the counter to sleep after handing a man a shake, the man had to ask for a straw and then for a spoon. The survey receipt says it's only good at that one place, why? The crew there is disgusting, I told myself after the first and only time I had been there to never go back, but the ice cream sandwich sounded good and I am out that way for church. I am sorry to complain but the thought of someone messing with food is more than I can handle. If you have cameras watch them! And don't worry I am not looking for a freebie.

Get buying tips about Chain Restaurants delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2022

My overall experience was great. Decided to treat myself to a banana split for a recent birthday. Although it was good, the dried options are no replacements for the wet walnuts and fruit toppings that we once craved. Hopefully, management would reconsider for customers who desire those preferences.

Original review: June 20, 2022

Been coming to this location every Wed since it opened. This has to be the worst DQ that has ever served us. The service is so slow. The order is rarely correct, and the employees seem to be goofing off most of the time. This totally falls on the management and the owner. If it wasn't for it being so close we would not come here. On the other hand, the DQ on Federal on Pompano Beach is just the opposite and we have complemented that owner on how well organized they are. 1000 percent. I think this badly run DQ needs to shut down, this way we will be forced to go to Pompano Beach to get a better experience.

Original review: May 8, 2022

Me and a small group of friends, maybe 3 others, went into Dairy Queen to get food. We ordered our food and sat down. One of the employees went up to our table and told us we had to leave due to the manager's request. We asked them why, and they said because we were under the age of 18. I don't know how they knew we were underage, but they did. Why people under 18 aren't allowed, I don't know, it isn't like a bar or anything. When we were leaving, we got our food but I never got my drink. I went to the cashier and asked for a drink, then showed my receipt. The person said I couldn't get one because it said I ordered water, even though I didn't. The drink is a part of the meal that I paid for, and I should have gotten it. I honestly don't recommend going to Dairy Queen due to this incident, it was frustrating and annoying. They let minors work there, but not eat there? Pretty dumb.

Original review: April 23, 2022

Ok, so the DQ in Seagoville, TX is the worst place I have ever gone too. I use to work at one years ago but times have really changed. Intercom doesn’t work well, either that or they just can’t hear anything. The small cones are suppose to be 75 cents dipped or regular. Mgr doesn’t know what she is doing and has terrible customer service. She stated that the fruity blast dip, you have to pay regular price. Doesn’t make sense. Every DQ needs to be on same page which Seagoville DQ are not. Worst service ever.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

If someone can tell me how to rate this lower than a 1, I'll do it. First, let me tell you about simply trying to get the food. I pulled into the drive-thru lane with one car at the speaker. To be clear, we were the only two cars in the entire line. That car ordered their food and pulled forward to the window. So, I, of course, pulled up to the speaker. The person at the other end of the speaker asked me to wait before placing my order. The car at the window got their food and drove away. I waited a few more seconds in silence before saying "Hello?" Only then did they come back on to take my order. The ONLY customer at the entire restaurant (they only do drive-thru), and I had to remind them that I was there in order to place my order?

So, now let me tell you about the food itself... Wait, I can't. They brought me the wrong food. Yes, ladies and gentlemen. I was the only customer, meaning they only had one order to work on. And they got that one order wrong. But certainly, after waiting so long, then getting the wrong food, they would make up for it with exceptional customer service, right? WRONG!!! When I asked to speak to the manager to voice my frustration at the length of time it took to get the wrong food, and ask for a refund instead of waiting for new food, her answer was (and I quote) "I don't get paid enough to listen to complaints. Call the owner." When I asked for the owner's information, she responded "It's on the website." Then she walked off and disappeared back into the locked building. No food. No refund.

That's correct. As a perfect punctuation to this customer service nightmare, I still have not received a refund of my $25.72.

Original review: June 18, 2021

I visited Dairy Queen on 580 in Waskom Texas. I am extremely amazed at how horrific that place look. The tile was coming up and missing on the floor. The poor workers didn't have much help and it took over ten minutes to get my food. The Most Disturbing encounter during my visit was I was charged 69 cent for 1 honey mustard for a chicken tender kids meal. I can't comprehend how the owner of This location would charge their customers for condiments. I didnt ask for extra, I just ask for one to go with the chicken tenders I order. Unbelievable!!!!

Original review: June 18, 2021

We were visiting friends in Beckley W. Virginia. Visited Dairy Queen in Hinton. Placed my order. Had to wait 30 minutes to get my order. I asked what was the status of my order. I was told, "We’re working as fast as we can." But there were 3 employees trying to fill the ice cream machine. No one knew what they were doing. Does it take 3 employees to fill one machine? Need better training. So finally after 30 minutes I stepped to the front of the line. I got an employee to check. Said they are working on it now. Got the my order. Said thank you. No response. Normally when you say thank you normally you get a response of you're welcome. Take out my order. Everything thing was cold. Bad service. Poor customer service. Needs improvement. Better training. Not happy at all.

Original review: March 22, 2021

I visited the DQ next to WinCo in Union Gap, (Yakima) WA while out shopping on Saturday. I wanted to try their new rotisserie chicken bites. Came with fries and slice of warm buttered bread and choice of dip sauce. The chicken was Excellent! It was hot & tender, no heavy breading or deep fry grease and the fries tasted like fresh cut! Total cost was $6.80 for an 8 pc. I liked it so much I thought I would get more after church on Sunday but Yakima Ave location was closer so went there. BAD choice!

Had same 8 pc order, but the chicken was barely warm, fries were the frozen bag variety and were cold and soggy with grease and no dip sauce - and they charged me $9.19!! I asked why the price difference and was told they are privately owned and can charge whatever they want. It was only after I drove away from window that I noticed poor quality food. Wanted to take it in to get my money back but lobby is closed, doors locked. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice - well never mind, I just won't EVER go back to that location again!

Dairy Queen Company Information