2. Shopping
  3. Chain Restaurants

3.2/5 (113 ratings)

About Chuck E Cheese

Chuck E Cheese Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chuck E Cheese?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chuck E Cheese?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2015

So my friend's birthday party was there and in our pizza we found mold and on the floor under our table was puke.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2015

Really disappointed in the service we got at the Chuck E Cheese Miami, Dade Hialeah!!! We had spent 360.00 that night on my daughter's birthday. The manager had no customer service training and had no respect for the customer. My daughter and all the rest of the family will not attend another Chuck E Cheese party or Chuck E Cheese company, due to how they treated us... They are not kid responsive to make kids happy and the adult Hugo seems to be racist in my opinion, I really hated my experience... Would like everyone to know how horrible CHUCK E CHEESE is in making their customers happy, I only stayed because of my daughter but never no more!!!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2015

We took our classes of about 55 students on a field trip to the Chuck E. Cheese in Bowling Green, Ky and was very disappointed that none of the teachers got to eat free with the amount of paying kids! We feel that if we are bringing that many kids there then at least the teachers should get their meal free. Chuck E. Cheese is supposed to be so kid friendly but yet food prices are inconveniently expensive for adults to even bring kids to eat especially when there are many other kid friendly pizzerias with play zones that are way less expensive! The menu prices needs to be evaluated....$7.00 for a salad bar with nothing but veggies on it and almost $9.00 for just a 1 topping personal pan pizza is ridiculously expensive!! There are no value meals such as pizza and salad combos or wing and salad combo, etc. The service was good once we got there, but we're disappointed that not even a discount for meals was offered with that many paying kids eating!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2015

I had my son 7th birthday party on Sunday january 18 at 4:00 at Chuck E Cheese in Fairfax 9404 main st. I booked my party online. I suppose to pay $30 deposit...I forget completely. Two days before the party I get a phone from lady to confirm the party and my package order. We go through everything and confirm the time and the party package. She never mention anything about the deposit! When we went today to my son special day it was so stressful and the staff was so so mean!! The manager come over to explain that because I didn't pay the deposit they cancelled my reservations.

I have to pay for everything as I walking and I have 35 guest! I said, "Okay, I will pay!" Then they told me I will not get help or "special treat for your son." I said "I can pay the money -- just make my son happy." But they refuse to do anything for my son even they treat us like we did horrible mistake! They are the mean staff I have ever met. They make me and my husband very sad and stressful for the whole party!! I will never go this branch again. I will tell all my friends and family! I will never forgive them for the hard time and the rude manager and customer service. I know they can make my special son day better than this!!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2015

My son loves Chuck e cheeses and wanted his birthday party there. His father and I set up the party at the i240 and walker location. The manager didn't seem like he cared at all and clueless to their policies, but we planned it anyway. The bill was literally $700, which is absolutely ridiculous. So when we get to the party, we and his guests of thirty children had to wait an hour just to get our table. Once we finally got our table, the kids got their tokens and took off. We never got his cardboard cutout for him, his pizza didn't show up till thirty minutes before they closed. He never received his ice cream, super hero outfit, 1000 ticket voucher, pinata, not to mention terrible customer service.

An employee told me "whoever is paying for that party was stupid" and that this place is a rip off. Little did she know it was me she was referring to. After talking to the manager about how unhappy I was and didn't think the party was worth $700, he basically told me "too bad" and "pay up." So after I gave up and paid him, he honestly told me to "get the ** out." I am completely unsatisfied and disappointed. I want a refund and these employees fired. If you hate your job, quit!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2015

I went to Chuck E Cheeses for my 5 year old daughter's birthday party. When we entered, the place was crowded! If an accident happened, nobody would be able to move. It took over an hour to get our food. The food was burnt and it tasted horrible! When I made a complaint to our hostess, she said, and I quote, "It's not our problem." My daughter wanted to play some games. We placed our cup, where we held the coins, on the side of the game, but when I look at the cup again, there's a child reaching in it, stealing coins! I made a complaint, again, and again they said "it's not our problem." My daughter also wanted a little souvenir cup. It's purple and yellow with a star dangling from it. But, right after we paid for it, I noticed my daughter's hand had flecks of yellow on it. The cup had peeling paint! I told my daughter not to drink out of the cup. We had to sit there and wait until the party was over. My experience was horrible.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2015

While traveling in South Carolina I stopped at the Chuck E. Cheese restaurant in Florence, SC. After waiting for 15 minutes to be acknowledged by a server, I placed my order and waited for 1 hour and 15 minutes with no update for the reason. I was waiting for a pizza and some wings. The only contact I had was with a nasty, smart mouthed young lady who grabbed up the order number card, stuck it in the condiment holder top and slammed it back on the table and said, "That needs to be in the holder."

While I waited and waited what I witnessed was one server (male) and the door attendant (female) exchanging inappropriate flirtatious statements across a large space. Finally when my food came out, the server said, "The guy messed up your order," and all but ran for the kitchen. I felt the underside of the pizza box was cold and when I got back to my room I opened up the pizza box and found a cold, cardboard looking round blob and 6 wings in the foam carton that had to have come from a pigeon, and the little blue cheese dressing container was upside down and all over the inside of the container. Both items had to be put in the garbage. WOW!!!

Reading the other reviews on the site, this place must be one of the worst run restaurants in the U. S., has the worst food, and has management that does not care. I contacted them and got a response of, "Here are 20 tokens." Yeah!!! Right!!! Like I will ever step foot in their businesses anywhere ever again!!! I contacted the Better Business Bureau of the Coastal Division in SC and will continue to press the issue on every website I can find until I get my refund for a cardboard pizza and pigeon wings!!! The receipt has a number of 10071 and a code for a survey of 046 002 100 110 310 518 07, but that is all I can find for a reference to the order.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2014

My wife took the kids to chuck e cheese on 12/23/2014 and I have a 6 1/2 boy that is allergic to any pork product and she ordered a double cheese pizza and inform the cashier of that and asked her to cut it with a clean cutter. And when they got the pizzas, they did not see the pepperoni because it was covered with cheese and my son had took a few bit of it and got very sick that night. Then when she told the manager in charge she was very rude and said "it will take another 30 min to make a new one," impolitely. So I went yesterday and asked for the supervisor and I told her what happened then this one was even worst than the other and told me "Ok" and went back to her office and I waited for 15 min for her to come back and never did so I left. It look like those managers don't like their job and I wonder if it was their own child that is allergic, what would they do!!! I would like an explanation from a trained customer service from chuck e cheese to explain!!!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2014

When we took a seat and sit down the chair was ripped. Game were out of order. The pizza does not taste good. The restrooms were dirty. Also one time we went to Chuck E Cheese and the pizza took an hour to cook and the pizza was burned. Chuck E Cheese is not a good place for kids. I took my kids once and a kid came and stole my kid's tokens. We complained to the manager but she did not care. Said "Not my problem sir," she said. I got really mad I said "I never coming back." So I took my kids to Dave and Buster's instead.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2014

In October of 2014, me, my wife, parents, and my 2 daughters (5 years and 9 months) went to the Martin Rd. Columbus, OH Chuck E. Cheese location. There is a ride, designed for small kids obviously, that my daughters rode. It was some little saucer thing that spins around circles. Upon starting the ride, both of my kids were buckled appropriately into the ride, and the seat belt of my 10 Month old malfunctioned and she was thrown from the ride. During the accident report, my wife and dad returned to the ride to video the malfunctioning seat belt. She landed face first and injured her shoulder/lip. The only compensation offered by corporate and the location was a free pizza and 30 tokens. I never plan on returning, but this was unacceptable and really want to take them to court.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2014

So... I went to this so called place....where a kid can be a kid...**. I went for the free wifi and crappy juice and crackers. All I was met with was a bunch of screaming faggots and a giant mouse on crack. WTH CHUCK.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2014

October 4, 2014 my husband and I took our youngest son out for his birthday. We went to a movie which started at 6:54pm. We got out of the movie around 9:30 and made it over to Chuckie Cheese (Portsmouth Blvd. Chesapeake, VA) around 9:40pm. Understandably, Chuckie Cheese's closes at 10pm, but this is the one thing that my son wanted to do the most for his birthday. Once we were stamped in, I asked the young lady at the door if we could still get food. She replied, yes. Once at the food counter, the employee working told us that the ovens were already off because they were about to close. Then, I said OK, we will just purchase tokens for the games. The cashier asks for my I.D. which I had to send my daughter back to the car to fetch because I have never ever needed ID at Chuckie Cheese.

By the time my daughter got back to the door, then the lady tells her just come back and ID me. At this point, I gathered my family members together so that we could go elsewhere and so we went to Dave & Busters instead. It is bad enough that we live over an hour away from any Chuckie Cheese establishment. Worst of all, my son witnessed every bit of what happened. He had lots of questions and I feel like there was no concern shown for my son. My family and I should never have been allowed to enter the door if we could not receive customer service at that time.

Original review: July 28, 2014

Would like everyone to know how horrible CHUCK E CHEESE is in making their customers happy and how they LIE!!!! My nephew had his sons birthday party there in the 3414 College Ave. Lemon Grove location. My daughter 10 yrs old was there along with around 25 adults and kids for the family birthday. My great niece is 8 yrs old was feeding her tickets in the feeder. She has long straight hair and her hair got caught in the feeder and my daughter saw her. She tried to go and hold her hair from not eating anymore but couldn't so she left her and grabbed her grandma. She saw that her granddaughter was crying and in fear and so was my daughter. She tried to hold her hair so it doesn't yank anymore and she couldn't ...

Finally the manager ** came and tried to stop the feeder but couldn't, at this point my daughter and all the guests and the whole Chuck E Cheese customers are all looking and frantic watching her hair get eaten up if it wasn't for her grandma holding the hair from the root it would have taken a piece of her scalp off.. Finally **, figured out to unplug the machine to stop it. **, had to cut my great nieces hair all the way to the top of the root. It was a big chunk of it. All the kids are frightened and watching this especially my daughter. My niece which is the little girl's mom is 6 months pregnant and she is witnessing all these and is frantic. She had very bad abdominal pain that night from watching her daughter go through - all this was very stressful!!!! So they right away turn the ticket feeder right back on without inspecting the machine before they let other kids use it.

They need to train their employees on safety issues. **, just didn't know what to do, she didn't get quick assistance, if grandma wasn't there holding her hair it would of been a lot worse. So **, from Chuck E Cheese called and left the mother a message to check up on her. The mother couldn't speak because she is 6 months pregnant and had pain due to what she had experienced in her eyes. So I called **, she was very understanding at first then she took all info and said she is going to review the video and call me back. I kid you not I spoke to her on Thursday the day after the incident had happened, never heard back from **, from corp. I called the next week on Thursday at 9 am and left message for **, to call me. Didn't hear from her, so I called at 2 pm and finally got a hold of **, and told her, "Is this the way you guys respond back to your customers, you don't return phone calls or respond back to the incident?" I told **, "I left a message but you never called back till I just called you back." ** said, "yes I did get the message," so I said, "how come you didn't call me back," and she just said sorry!!!!

So then **, said she cannot speak to me because I wasn't the parent of the child. I told her, "it has taken you guys this long for ME to call you guys back to tell me you still can't talk to me about this incident, this had happened since last week and I have to call you back. You won't do it to tell me that you need to talk to the parent that's ridiculous management!!!!" Had informed **, that my niece is 6 months pregnant and she can't have stress once again. But she didn't care and had my niece call her and all they can offer to her was 2 free pass to Chuck E Cheese which I didn't think you need passes to go to Chuck E Cheeses and a gift basket which she NEVER EVER received!!!!

Really disappointed in the service we got at the Chuck E Cheese Lemon Grove and the corp of Chuck E Cheese!!!!! We had spent 500.00 that night on my nephew's son's birthday. They could have at least comped the bill, due to everyone left early because we were all so scared. My daughter and all the rest of the family will not attend another Chuck E Cheese party or Chuck E Cheese company, due to how they treated us.. They are not kid responsive to make kids happy... Would like everyone to know how horrible CHUCK E CHEESE is in making their customers happy and they LIE!!!!

Original review: July 26, 2014

My recent experience with nasty Chuck E. Cheese. First of all my daughter got sick - HAND, FOOT, MOUTH virus!!! Which her doctor told us she had to get it from other children which she don’t go to day-care. So the only other place was Chuck E. Cheese in which she developed a fever two days coming from the facility at a birthday party. So she got really sick. They have so many young non-experienced teenagers working there. I'm sure nothing was cleaned or if the games are ever cleaned. The smell in the building was horrible. No one came to clean the empty tables!!!

So when I called the facility to report the situation the manager was so rude and unconcern that not only about my child but someone else child could become ill as well. I threatened to call the AR Health Dept. He blew it off and hung up the phone. Some people should not be in certain positions. Rude black manager should be fired and I will continue this through to the corp. office.

Original review: June 29, 2014

I was talking to our party host Alexis about an issue on the games and she told me just go BOTHER that guy over there. The person I met was Mike and he told my child that it's a simple game and just read the screen. I asked to speak to the manager and I was told she was outside smoking. I had a horrible experience and am extremely disappointed with that. I will not go back to this place again. Almost all the employees are very nasty.

Original review: May 12, 2014

The games did not work, you got no more than 2 tickets. Management was terrible. I will not be going back there. It used to be a fun place for my kids, workers used to be so friendly, not anymore.

Original review: May 4, 2014

Chuck E Cheese is very unprofessional when it comes to their workers. I brought my children in today to have good time, but it's sort of hard when a Chuck E Cheese worker is drunk. The way she was acting was ridiculous. I didn't catch her name but she was tall, skinny, with dark hair. Never again will I bring my children to the Chuck E Cheese in Latham, NY. No idea how the managers could not tell she was under the influence let alone let her keep working. What kind of child's place allows their employees to work while intoxicated? Very very unprofessional and bizarre if you ask me. I will be letting friends and family about this Chuck E Cheese. Warning them to not bring their children there.

Original review: April 7, 2014

I have been to Chuck E Cheese's several times and every time I go it gets worse. The salad bar is always messy and empty. The restrooms are not kept clean. There is a lot of staff but no one can seem to keep the drink area clean or stock. The food is average but for the price of the food and tokens, you would think they would keep their establishment clean and in order.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2014

I am a mother of 2 kids. Chuck E Cheese was for us fun place to go, not anymore the same location. I think they changed the old team, they have a new manager. I think she needs more training to know how to deal with costumer service. Like one time one of my kids went to play a game then when she wasn't looking somebody stole her coins my child had 5 coins in the cup. When she told me someone took her coins that made mad. When I went to report they said they can't do anything about it. That just made me angrier.

So 1 year later, the same thing happened again but let me talk about what happened at the front register when I showed them a online coupon and the manager refused to use it. And the worst thing was she didn't look at it. OMG, so I had to pay the food price then when my 2 kids went to play a game, someone stole our coins. Then when we went to our table, we saw some coins dumped on the table then I found out that they stole 40 coins, we had 100 coins. So I went to report that they stole 40 coins but guess what, they said it's not our problem. And the worst thing was the manager was not caring about what I said. She didn't even look at me and then I told my kids what they said. Then I saw that my kids were very, very, very mad. So then when I left I said that we'd never come to this Chuck E Cheese location ever again. How do you feel about that?

Original review: June 2, 2013

Let me start by saying we have had other birthdays at Chuck E. Cheese's and they were okay. I had a party for my 3-year-old granddaughter. The first thing that bothered me very much was that as I walked in with my arms full of party stuff and plastic containers, I had to stop and wait almost ten minutes until Chucky was done singing right in the main walk area with 20-30 kids singing along and I could not even get by. It should be in another area away from the entrance so you don't have to wait for the singing and all the tickets to be picked up. I knew it was not going to be a good day after starting out like that. Then I ordered food for the adults. I told my waitress to bring the food for the adults as soon as possible. I had to remind her every 15 minutes, "Where is the food?" The waitress kept saying, "It's in the oven."

About an hour later, we finally got some of the food I ordered. The waitress was nice but she had no clue on how to organize or construct a party. She kept asking me what I wanted to do; I don't know how they organize their parties or what schedule they use but I had no clue of what to do. I was depending on the hostess to run the party. Then it was so crowded in the place. I was actually very scared that in case of an emergency it would be a disaster, let alone find my guests. The aisles in the party were so overcrowded with people at the ends having an unscheduled party and all their people, the mothers with their strollers in the middle of the aisle. No one could even get by. I had to ask them to please move the stroller so my kids can get in their seats. It was so loud I could not even hear Chucky or what he was saying. My granddaughter was so scared she did not know what he was saying either and she was terrified. It was so loud. I could not even see her while I was videotaping her. I had to hold the camera up in the air and try and get some footage.

After we finally got the kids together, which was a feat in itself, we ate the cake and off they went. No one said anything. I asked about the ice cream and the waitress said, "Whenever you want." What? Well, normally you eat the ice cream with the cake, so I had to go and scream to get all the kids back to the table as I was bussing the table myself because no one else did and my grown-up guests had to stand and eat the $300 worth of food I bought because no one even attempted to accommodate my grown up quests which I think is pretty rude. After they ate the ice cream, I remembered the pinata, and asked again, "When do you do that?" And she said, "Whenever you want." OMG, why didn't all this happen at once cake, ice cream, gifts, pinata? Then the kids can go and play at the end of the party. I came here so I did not have to do any or much work and I never sat at all.

I was too busy chasing and yelling and cleaning up my area. My granddaughter had to open her gifts while all the kids were playing because I was not rounding them up again to watch her open the gifts. It was so unorganized. There was no one giving a clear direction of the party timeline. The kids' cups and plates all were the same. No one put a name on any of them, so I was asking 25 kids, "Is this yours?" They kept going over to the other seats and taking the other kids' coins as well as kids from other parties. I did not know whose cup of coins or cups of juice was whose. Not to mention the kids just drank off any cup they found because none of them were distinguishable. It was so unsanitary it was just so ridiculous. A little organization would have prevented such a mess.

Also in the ride area, kids were hopping on the rides already in progress that my other guests paid for, they were stealing coins out of my guests' cups saying they did not have any more coins and neither did their mother. OMG! It was worse than a zoo. They need to have a more efficient area, where no one is able to be in the party section that is not in the party. They need to make it quieter so the kids can hear Chucky and the waitresses' instructions, hear him sing and give the child the recognition that we pay for, after the party is finished, i.e. pizza, cake, ice cream, pinata, gifts. Then the kids can go play after everything has been done with the party - Plexiglas in the area, or something different so people can leave their stuff and not worry about anyone taking it.

Make sure the waitress keeps kids out that don't belong there. I brought my $1000 camera and was afraid to leave my table. And there should be better communication with the waitress. I will never go back. It was not worth the 600 dollars for that headache and service. I would like to know if the building capacity was even known by the employees that night. Because I could even scream at the top of my lungs and no one could hear me at all. Also, I made a complaint about this party on the website a few weeks after my party and no one got back to me or even apologized for my experience. Word of mouth goes a long way!

Original review: Feb. 28, 2013

I have to start by saying that two years ago, we had a great experience for my son's birthday party at this same Chuck E Cheese. This time was literally the worst birthday party I have ever been to. Sad enough, it was one that I threw and I am embarrassed. Chuck E Cheese allows unscheduled parties and allowed these people to bring in outside food and fill their personal cups at their fountains. Disgrace. A real slap in the face when you spend over $500 on a party.

Secondly, our party hostess was not very good. Sweet girl, however, did not know how to run a party. I myself was a party hostess at a very similar establishment when I was 15 years old and we had excellent training. We ran the show, announced everything that was going on and kept everyone abreast of what was going on. My party hostess basically made us get off our table at 6:30 when our party didn't end until 7:00 because she wanted to go home for the night and we were her last party. It was a scramble for me to find out whose drinks where whose and move them to other tables so she could go home. I have nothing good to say about my experience and I am sorry, I wish I did.

I brought this to corporate's attention and the district manager reached out to me and sent me a 3D place mat (which I should have received at the party and my hostess forgot to give me and a 1000 point ticket for prizes, 300 of which was supposed to also be given at the time of the party). Wow! That is my compensation. I wasn't really looking for anything, but that made it even worse. They just gave me what they should have given me to begin with. I also received a a very unprofessional typed letter, not on letterhead or anything, stating they are sorry for my experience. I am sorry, they also offered me to redo my party and they would only charge me for 4 kids. Really? Most of my check that day was made up of the 22 adult drinks I had to buy (should have just brought outside cups like the unscheduled party) and all the adult food that I should have brought in from outside.

So needless to say, I will never be back to Chuck E Cheese. Think twice about spending this kind of money at this type of facility that does not train their staff well. We just had my son's birthday at Bounce U for the 2nd year in a row and it was great!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2013

Today was my niece's 1st birthday. We had too much the time ahead and they said no problem since there were no reservations for the day. We showed up and they said they couldn't do it at the time they told us to go! They stole our deposit! They are the rudest people I have ever met! We saw the table with reserved on it and my niece's name on it but they refused to let us sit. We even said we didn't need the host, but they still denied us then they tried to say we were late but we weren't! We had to purchase pizza drinks and tokens without the party package that was 25 minutes after we arrived, and they insisted we were late because our receipt for pizza was later than the time. We stopped arguing with this lady who laughed and smiled while we were heartbroken for my niece's birthday being ruined all because this snob thought she was funny. Then she kept repeating, "We are keeping the deposit," trying to throw it in our face. I'm so pissed. I swear on everything I will never return to any Chuck E Cheese!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2012

We took the kids out, and they changed the recipe or something. The pizza was not good at all, and what, no breadsticks - disappointed. And the ranch stank literally. They will never get anyone to eat their pizza. Games were great; please go back to the old recipe.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2012

My 2-year old son was able to leave the building by himself and was running down the street. A relative of mine who was outside just happened to notice him and brought him inside. The manager claimed that she didn't see anything on the tape and cut the price of my party. I'm not satisfied because anything could have happened to my son and anyone could have taken him outside since they claim the tapes didn't show anything!

Original review: July 10, 2012

As I was enjoying some TV time with my young son, we saw a newer commercial for Chuck E Cheese. These commercials are made to grab children’s attention. I was mortified as I watched and listened. I work hard to teach my son proper English. Throughout the entire commercial, I lost count of how many times the word "funner" was used. Funner is not a word and I think it’s horrible that a commercial directed to grab children’s attention with a lovable mascot feels it is okay to let our children learn words that are not even part of the English language.

Original review: May 31, 2012

I have 10 kids, so I have to visit Chuck E. Cheese’s on occasion. With so many kids, I try to utilize the coupons issued from Chuck E. Cheese’s that I find on their website or the numerous coupon sites available. This has never been an issue and I have been going to the Jacksonville, NC branch since 2004. We showed up for my son's birthday yesterday and had several of the coupons to use, but my husband was immediately told that they would not honor any coupons and was given the vague excuse of corporate blah, blah, blah. I asked what that meant and my husband told me they said something about corporate is different and their restaurant doesn't honor coupons.

I asked to see the manager ** and he then tried to tell me that yes, they didn't honor coupons since people could Photoshop their own - hint, hint, hint. He looked at me like I was trying to pull some business on him and pointed out that there was a printing date on the coupon from 2007. He then showed me what he called a legit coupon, but it was basically the same coupon with 5 extra tokens. Really? I would go to the trouble to make up a coupon for 5 extra tokens?! I couldn't believe what he was implying and I said I was very surprised that they would choose that we go away rather than honor our coupon when we would still end up paying $100 for 3 pizzas, some drinks and tokens. This place is a rip-off and they use kids to suck their family dry! I wish I had never introduced my kids to the Chuck E. Cheese’s brand. I guess their rat mascot fits them to a tee since they are definitely rats!

Original review: May 3, 2012

We went into Chuck E Cheese in Savannah where I asked the manager how much would it costs for pizza, running the Chuck E Cheese band, medallions, blow crowns, and walking Chuck E Cheese balloon for three kids. We paid a huge amount and was told it was not a problem because it was the slow period. We purchased $50 worth of tokens in addition. The shift changed and they set the area up for a birthday party at the area we had paid for. The kids walking balloons were up only to be told they weren't our balloons. Instead of allowing the kids to go ahead with the balloons, the new shift manager asked if we were going to put them back and I said no because we paid for them. He was nasty and rude and instead of giving the boys their balloons, he refunded $34 and had me escorted out completely humiliated.

I gave tokens to the kids that were there because I had so many, I thought it would be nice to share. I have over two cups of tokens which I refused to use because I will never darken the door of your establishment again. I know three walking balloons were a great deal cheaper than $34 and the humiliation I suffered. I have informed my friends of your establishment when asked about birthday parties which have been quite a few. I am very disappointed in the fact that we paid around $200 to be treated so awful. My son got sick on one of the rides and I was given a bunch of paper towels to clean and scrub on hands and knees, not only what mess my son had made but anyone else. Chuck E Cheese should be ashamed of how they treat 4, 6, and 7 year old kids.

Original review: April 22, 2012

We attended my nephew’s party tonight at Chuck E Cheese (Willowbrook). As we (my husband, children and myself) approached ** (the employee in Houston, TX) at the counter and had given him our tickets to redeem for the prizes, we presented him with 572 points and he told us we had 252 points which would have brought my 3 children to 84 points each. After he noticed I caught on, he told me that he accidentally pressed the % button. I was very patient because people make mistakes right? Then one of the prizes that my son picked did not work and he told **. ** replied with a rude tone, "What do you mean, it doesn't work?" At that point I became a little disturbed but yet remained calm. To top that, my five year daughter old pointed to glasses that she wanted to redeem her tickets for in the display and he went to the back and came back and said he had no more.

Moments later, a Hispanic lady and her children came up and asked for glasses as well, and he used a key to open the display and had given them the glasses. I gathered my family and left immediately, and asked the greeter for the manager that worked that night. He told me the manager’s name. After leaving and calming down, I called ** and informed him of what just happened and he did apologize and offered to give my children each a pair of glasses to make up for it and said that he would talk to ** and mentioned that, it was not the way they act.

However, seeing as in customer service and management, you are taught to diffuse a situation as well by giving the customer what they want and etc. I am wondering if I was done the same. I appreciate ** offer but I am not concerned about the free gifts and it goes way pass that. I am curious about how many other people have he discriminated against.

Original review: March 17, 2012

Chuck E Cheese's rude employee - I had just had my $50 umbrella stolen from my table when I had stepped away. It is top of the line umbrella that I had for 11 years. So I asked the female working at the entrance where the lost and found was in case someone returned it. Just wishful thinking but of course not in the area of this location. I told her someone took my umbrella and she laughed at me. She stated and I quote, "At least, you are wearing a hat." She, I believe, is trying to be funny I call that being disrespectful. Now really, how rude is that. I mentioned this to the manager in charge at the time and explained the situation. I was really livid. She apologized for her employee at least and I found out later she observed the whole situation and sent her home. Good for her.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2012

I was attending a dual birthday party for my nieces (2 and 8) on Saturday, February 18, 2012. The party was for 7:30 PM. When I arrived at 238 SW Military Dr. in San Antonio, TX, two other guests for the same party were ahead of me (including the 8-year old birthday girl) getting stamped. When I made it to the party area, I was told by the birthday girls' mother that our server for the party, a Ms. **, had asked another server if she would switch parties because she did not want to serve us because we were Mexican. What happened was two of our guest were speaking Spanish on the way in when Ms. ** was speaking with my sister who had booked and was paying for our nieces' party. What angered me was that my 8-year old niece heard the comment, I later found out. So, I confronted Ms. **; she denied she had said those words and went to get a manager, who never showed up. Ms. ** was MIA as well.

It seemed like 20-30 minutes had passed before another server took her place. We did not see a manager until our new server had to bring us our massive number of tokens for the party. My sister approached him, Mr. **, about the incident but he simply brushed it off by saying that he knew she did not mean anything by it. No apologies from him either. We saw another manager, Mr. **, who came with the $380 bill. Again, my sister approached him with the incident. Still, no action. He said he would get her to apologize to us. She never did. I've written to complain to the corporate office about the matter 3 times--no call back. Corporate is supposed to call you back within 24 to 48 hours. What I wanted was an apology, a better explanation for the ignorant comment. I mean she should not assume that because you look a certain way and are speaking Spanish in Texas that you must not speak English. If that had been the case, there were over 25 guests at this birthday party that are bilingual. By the way, the location of this Chuck E. Cheese is in an area with a mostly Hispanic population.

If Ms. ** has such a problem serving Mexicans or Spanish speaking customers, then she should live elsewhere. I reside in an area of San Antonio that is more diverse than the south side, where this Chuck E. Cheese is located and I often hear Spanish, Chinese, etc. spoken in the upscale shops and eating establishments and I have never witnessed someone assuming they don't speak English. Most do. I'm so angry that we were brushed off. We did not want to make a scene and start trouble. What were we going to do, cancel our nieces' birthday party? You can't cancel a child's birthday party. We went on with the party for this reason, but we were angry and frustrated with everything the entire time and even more so now for being brushed off again by the corporate office. I feel like we should have been listened to and treated better by management because this party was expensive and we have booked so many parties there in the past amounting to thousands of dollars. Personally, I will go elsewhere for my children's birthday parties.

Chuck E Cheese Company Information