2. Shopping
  3. Food Products

3.8/5 (134 ratings)

About Chicken of the Sea

Chicken of the Sea Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chicken of the Sea?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Chicken of the Sea?

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

Has Chicken of the Sea changed their quality control? I just bought two cans recently, both of which taste like they canned chum (junk fish for bait) instead of tuna! I won't be buying any more of their products, sadly enough. :(

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

This stuff labeled as tuna is obscene. It's just plain nasty. The can does not contain chunks. It contains a mushy mess with very little taste. I saw it had been canned in the USA so I thought OK. Had I paid attention and noticed it was from Thailand I would not have bought it. The two 9 oz cans I have in my cabinet will be going back to Walmart on my next shopping day. Can someone explain to me how this works? They catch the fish somewhere, send it to Thailand for processing then send the processed stuff back to the US for packaging?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

I recently purchased two cans of Chicken of the Sea - Chunk Light Tuna in water. Upon opening the first can I immediately realized something was wrong. The odor was far too fishy and the consistency was mushy and brown. I opened the 2nd can with exactly the same experience as the first can. I then did a quick internet search and found others having similar experiences. Further it was noted the few that were adventurous enough to actually try eating the product became sick. This product should be investigated by the food and drug administration, as I don't believe it should be sold to the public. I have placed both open cans of tuna in a zip lock bag and plan to return it to the store where purchased for a refund.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I would give zero stars if this forum allowed me to. I was very upset when eating my Chicken of the Sea tuna sandwich at work today when a bone stuck into the roof of my mouth!! I never write reviews but this deserves some attention, especially after reading that this happened to others as well. I don’t know what to say except how horrible this experience was and how disappointed I am!! You may have ruined me from eating tuna for life! I still have the can if you need any information to recall this product.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Made tuna sandwiches with one can of Chicken of the Sea Chunk White Tuna. My first bite I bit into something hard & sharp that cut the inside of my cheek. When I spit it out I found it was what appears to be a fish tooth. My husband was eating his sandwich & bit into something hard that appeared to be a bone. Both the tooth & bone were inside one can of tuna. Needless to say we were completely disgusted & weren't going to take anymore chances of biting into something else. So we threw our sandwiches away & will never purchase Chicken of the Sea again.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I had purchased four cans of this brand and had mixed the first one with mayo, curry powder and onion for a wrap. It was not the best-tasting thing but the onion and curry must have disguised the true taste. I decided to use the other three with hard boiled eggs and eat it over the course of several days. The first sandwich was so bad and tinny tasting that I threw the rest of it out. This company has been purchased from a US corporation by a foreign entity in Thailand but I don't know when that occurred. I CAN say that the actual amount of "tuna" in the can turned out to be 4 oz. dry, if you can call it tuna - I wouldn't. I add my agreement to everyone else's on here. I won't be buying this product, if you can call it that, ever again. And I certainly won't feed it to my dogs.

Original review: June 19, 2017

I found two large pieces of bone in my tuna from Chicken of The Sea. I've never had that experience happen before now. One piece actually cut my tongue. I threw the sandwich away and I will NEVER buy this product again. Eww.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Wow... Are you serious. This looks like cat food. Wish I had a cat... for now... Looks like my German Shepard is gonna get a treat. OR it might not even be fit for him! YUCK! I WILL NEVER BUY YOUR PRODUCT AGAIN!!! And I WILL share this on social media.

Original review: May 11, 2017

I have always bought Chicken of the Sea or Bumble Bee Tuna. The last few times I had Chicken of the Sea solid white tuna, it has been yellowish or brown and mushy, not solid. It tastes like cat food. I thought I would give it another try, but it was awful. Wish I came here first. I will never buy it again. It was disgusting.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I had tuna poisoning. Many people as myself are having stomach pain after eating tuna fish. It is because the companies are mixing poison fish with the tuna. Namely escolator is one of them. I finished a can of Chicken of the Sea tuna about 3 hours ago and have been in the toilet ever since with gas, stomach pain and the runs. Something needs to be done about this greed and abuse of consumers.

Chicken of the Sea Company Information