2. Shopping

Bumble Bee Tuna

Bumble Bee Tuna
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.40/5

Bumble Bee Tuna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee Tuna?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

The last 6 cans I have purchased have been gross. Very little white tuna mixed in with brown, grey and black vines. A lot of red coloring. The dates on the cans were Sept. and Oct 2022. Bought at Walmart. I used to be happy with their tuna. But I'm done. What are you doing that's changed? Fix it. Make it right. Even if we have to pay a little more. I bet you wouldn't eat the nasty crap.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I just purchased 8 pack of the tuna in Costco on 9/13/2019 with best by date of AUGUST 07, 2022. Made tuna salad using fresh mayo and celery and onion on fresh bread... about 2 hours later I was driving... felt sick... wanted to get out of car to get a puke bag out of trunk or something. When I opened the door, I puked right then and there... I was the only one who ate the tuna... I made it home and then threw up again. My family member ate the tuna the next day, and he also felt the same and he also puked. I called the company, explained what had happened... They wanted all info from me, pictures of the can and expiration date and told me to keep the cans and not return them... Well I complied, did all they told me to do... and I never heard from them again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

On October 17th, 2019, I opened a can of solid albacore tuna from Bumble Bee with best if used by date of 4/26/21 and found a shard of glass laying on top of the tuna. After lifting the tuna out of the can, there were more than 12 shards of glass, some large and some smaller all looking clear and crystal like. I was shocked and went online to Bumble Bee company and filled in their detailed report and sent pics of this too. I then called the company and spoke to a representative who said they would call me the next day and send a “retrieval kit”.

I have not heard from them at all and I’m thinking that posting on Facebook and calling the news station might be a better way of getting the information out. I’m so glad I didn’t eat the tuna with the glass and I certainly don’t want anyone else to eat it either. It seems as if others have had this experience too. I think I bought the tuna in July so it matches similarly to some of these reviews. Why doesn’t Bumble Bee care?? I kept the can and the shards of glass and have all the numbers.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

This can of tuna looks nasty. Suppose to be Prime Fillet Solid White Albacore in water, the gold can. It has black stuff and it’s shredded, nothing solid about it. EU 2019 187 19:26:53. I wouldn’t even give it to your cat.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I don't go out for lunch often, so I bring things to the office from home. I went to Costco about 6 weeks ago and bought an 8 pack of Chunk White Albacore Tuna- thinking it was an upgrade from the other canned tuna there. WRONG. If there were ever "chunks" of anything in the 5 cans I have opened - someone already chewed them and spit them back in the can. That is what it actually looked like. Not a single "piece" of tuna that wasn't just shredded mush. There was no amount of salt and pepper, avocado or mayo that could make this taste - "okay". Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Product was Bumble Bee solid white albacore in water, 5 oz can. Recently purchased, undented can, marked “best if used by May 16, 2022. Product of Fiji.” As other reviewers have noted, grey/brown in color, mushy, not flaky, objectionable odor. Certainly neither solid nor white. I discarded the opened can, as well as two others from the shrink-wrapped multipack. Absolutely disgusting product.

Original review: July 31, 2019

After writing the company, I went online to look at reviews to see if what I experienced with Bumble Bee White Chunk Tuna was unusual. Every one star review was my exact experience. My greatest surprise in all this is that a company is still allowed to put a product on store shelves and market it as food for human consumption when this has been repeatedly reported for a long time. How is that something so dangerous and non edible is allowed to continue?? Completely scary.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Been buying Bumble Bee for years. Never again. Opened 3 cans all had disgusting red veins going through the entire can. Paid 2.09 a can. This has happened to many times. Ever since you started with the premium tuna all others in water or oil is not edible!!!! Bye Bumble Bee.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I pay a premium to buy Bumble Bee solid white tuna because it used to be the best. Recently, when I would open the cans I was in the supermarket, the tuna would have a yellowish brownish tinge. Yesterday, I bought eight cans In a big box store. I opened two cans and found that there were big chunks of dark red and brown tuna and some pieces that looked almost bloody. This is not the Bumble Bee solid white tuna that I grew up on. Very disappointed. I don’t know if I will ever buy this tuna again!

Original review: July 24, 2019

Purchased a can of Bumble Bee tuna and found a piece of thick plastic in the tuna fish. Can is # 35AAOLH CHINA use by March 14, 2022 AND 90739AAOLH USE BY MARCH 14, 2022. Cut my mouth on piece of plastic from tuna. Don’t buy this product. Light tuna in vegetable oil.

Bumble Bee Tuna Company Information