Bumble Bee Tuna

Bumble Bee Tuna

3.3/5 (1483 ratings)

About Bumble Bee Tuna

Bumble Bee Tuna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee Tuna?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I stocked up in Solid White Tuna in water. The tuna has always been white and more solid. The color was a sickly yellow and brown. It wasn't solid but looked more like hash. More than one can was that way.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

My experience with Bumble Bee Tuna is the worst product labeling under Albacore Chunk White Tuna, it’s really cat food???? I'll never purchase this product again. It use to be a great tuna, but no more!!!!

Original review: July 27, 2020

I went out and bought TEN cans of " Bumble Bee Chunk White ALBACORE Tuna in water" and it sure wasn't what it said it would be. I've seen cat food look better. It sure is not what it said it would be. This product is not cheap. I'm afraid to open any other cans to find the same thing. I cannot eat this junk. It looks like cat food. If I had a cat, I would try and see if it would eat it. I know I won't. Thank you for your time.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I bought an 8 pack of Bumble Bee Albacore Tuna and when I opened it I was sure that it was bad. It was mushy brown, it did not even look like regular tuna! I am used to large white chunks of albacore. I feed my cat this as a treat every other day and she refused to eat it. She even used her paw like she was burying a crap in her litter box! The can said 'product of Mauritus'. Expires April 23, 2023.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I purchased Bumble Bee chunk white albacore. It was not chunk or white. It was a soupy tannish pink sludge. I drained it and made a small salad using what I could. But it tasted terrible and I threw it away. Hours later I am still belching the taste of the small amount I ate. It came from Mauritius. This is not the first time I have had a bad experience with BumbleBee but, due to the coronavirus, I was not able to get my regular brand. How can these people charge a higher price and sell an inferior product? How can they stay in business?

Original review: April 3, 2020

I have been purchasing Bumble Bee Solid White Tuna in water for years and years always from Costco ....and until today it's been ok. Quality has gone down over the years I will admit but after today....I'm done....and I checked the bottom of the can....and it shows Mauritius as the origin and that's someplace in the Indian Ocean ....and the date is 1/14/23. That's 3 years from now....I can't imagine opening a can in 2023....since it's so disgusting now. It's not white....it's brown....it's mushy and it stinks to high heaven. I opened 2 cans....the first one was the same and I thought I'd give it to a neighbor who feeds a stray cat....opened another can....it's the same crap and at this point....I won't even feed it to a stray cat. What is wrong with Bumble Bee....

I'm glad they filed for bankruptcy but they should not be allowed to sell tuna that looks or smells like this and no, I won't even feed it to a stray cat. Absolutely horrible....and after looking on here....I'm not the only one experiencing these issues...but thank God no glass or plastic in it. Shame on you Bumble Bee. Who will regulate this company and force them to do better???? Evidently we can't as consumers....someone has to step up and take action against them and their products are not cheap....and I buy the 6/8 pack at Costco. But never again. Yuck!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I recently purchased a few cans in my local supermarket (shop rite) and has a best by date of Dec 2022. About 20 minutes after eating I became violently and painfully ill. I woke the next morning with stomach pains and I am worried I am very sick.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I have stopped buying Bumble Bee. I recently threw out several cans, one right after another. The smell was awful. The "tuna" was dark, veins running through it, and had a texture like mush. I have noticed declining quality whether the cans contain "tuna" from Mauritius, Fiji, or China. I'm done with Bumble Bee. So far, all the tuna from Chicken of the Sea and Starkist have been fine with the exception of one can of Starkist that was a little bit mushy. The second can from the same batch was firm.

Original review: March 13, 2020

While eating my tuna sandwich, I almost swallowed a bone approximately the size of half a wooden toothpick! I was so startled. I threw the remainder of tuna in garbage. First time it’s happened, don’t want it to happen again!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

The last 6 cans I have purchased have been gross. Very little white tuna mixed in with brown, grey and black vines. A lot of red coloring. The dates on the cans were Sept. and Oct 2022. Bought at Walmart. I used to be happy with their tuna. But I'm done. What are you doing that's changed? Fix it. Make it right. Even if we have to pay a little more. I bet you wouldn't eat the nasty crap.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

I just purchased 8 pack of the tuna in Costco on 9/13/2019 with best by date of AUGUST 07, 2022. Made tuna salad using fresh mayo and celery and onion on fresh bread... about 2 hours later I was driving... felt sick... wanted to get out of car to get a puke bag out of trunk or something. When I opened the door, I puked right then and there... I was the only one who ate the tuna... I made it home and then threw up again. My family member ate the tuna the next day, and he also felt the same and he also puked. I called the company, explained what had happened... They wanted all info from me, pictures of the can and expiration date and told me to keep the cans and not return them... Well I complied, did all they told me to do... and I never heard from them again.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

On October 17th, 2019, I opened a can of solid albacore tuna from Bumble Bee with best if used by date of 4/26/21 and found a shard of glass laying on top of the tuna. After lifting the tuna out of the can, there were more than 12 shards of glass, some large and some smaller all looking clear and crystal like. I was shocked and went online to Bumble Bee company and filled in their detailed report and sent pics of this too. I then called the company and spoke to a representative who said they would call me the next day and send a “retrieval kit”.

I have not heard from them at all and I’m thinking that posting on Facebook and calling the news station might be a better way of getting the information out. I’m so glad I didn’t eat the tuna with the glass and I certainly don’t want anyone else to eat it either. It seems as if others have had this experience too. I think I bought the tuna in July so it matches similarly to some of these reviews. Why doesn’t Bumble Bee care?? I kept the can and the shards of glass and have all the numbers.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

This can of tuna looks nasty. Suppose to be Prime Fillet Solid White Albacore in water, the gold can. It has black stuff and it’s shredded, nothing solid about it. EU 2019 187 19:26:53. I wouldn’t even give it to your cat.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

I don't go out for lunch often, so I bring things to the office from home. I went to Costco about 6 weeks ago and bought an 8 pack of Chunk White Albacore Tuna- thinking it was an upgrade from the other canned tuna there. WRONG. If there were ever "chunks" of anything in the 5 cans I have opened - someone already chewed them and spit them back in the can. That is what it actually looked like. Not a single "piece" of tuna that wasn't just shredded mush. There was no amount of salt and pepper, avocado or mayo that could make this taste - "okay". Very disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Product was Bumble Bee solid white albacore in water, 5 oz can. Recently purchased, undented can, marked “best if used by May 16, 2022. Product of Fiji.” As other reviewers have noted, grey/brown in color, mushy, not flaky, objectionable odor. Certainly neither solid nor white. I discarded the opened can, as well as two others from the shrink-wrapped multipack. Absolutely disgusting product.

Original review: July 31, 2019

After writing the company, I went online to look at reviews to see if what I experienced with Bumble Bee White Chunk Tuna was unusual. Every one star review was my exact experience. My greatest surprise in all this is that a company is still allowed to put a product on store shelves and market it as food for human consumption when this has been repeatedly reported for a long time. How is that something so dangerous and non edible is allowed to continue?? Completely scary.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Been buying Bumble Bee for years. Never again. Opened 3 cans all had disgusting red veins going through the entire can. Paid 2.09 a can. This has happened to many times. Ever since you started with the premium tuna all others in water or oil is not edible!!!! Bye Bumble Bee.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I pay a premium to buy Bumble Bee solid white tuna because it used to be the best. Recently, when I would open the cans I was in the supermarket, the tuna would have a yellowish brownish tinge. Yesterday, I bought eight cans In a big box store. I opened two cans and found that there were big chunks of dark red and brown tuna and some pieces that looked almost bloody. This is not the Bumble Bee solid white tuna that I grew up on. Very disappointed. I don’t know if I will ever buy this tuna again!

Original review: July 24, 2019

Purchased a can of Bumble Bee tuna and found a piece of thick plastic in the tuna fish. Can is # 35AAOLH CHINA use by March 14, 2022 AND 90739AAOLH USE BY MARCH 14, 2022. Cut my mouth on piece of plastic from tuna. Don’t buy this product. Light tuna in vegetable oil.

Original review: July 23, 2019

I opened a can of Bumble Bee Low Sodium Solid White Albacore. Right on top, what I first thought was maybe a ice, was a sharp piece of glass or hard plastic. After looking further into the contents there were more shards of a glass/hard plastic. Numbers on can B116SC1SKF 06:18 Best used by Apr 26, 2021. I have lost all taste for this product and won’t be buying it again.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I have always eaten tuna without a second thought, usually purchasing the little cans. This time we bought a larger can of Bumble Bee brand, and it's inedible. The "use by" date is in March 28, 2022, so it should be fresh, but it smells like old fish, and tastes metallic. The bottom of the can says Made in China. I had purchased 3 cans. I will be throwing out the casserole, and the 3 unopened cans.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I have always relied on Bumble Bee chunk white albacore tuna. It used to be the best of any others. For a few years, I have been disappointed over & over. I kept thinking I was getting a now & then bad can. I only buy tuna now & then (more when I was younger). Always biting into who knows what, or bones & scales. And it's not white anymore. Yuck. Never buying it again. They should be ashamed to sell it. Thankfully, I've not gotten sick like other reviews, but it is 2019, I believe 3 years after the recall.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I usually buy Starkist and have always been happy with the freshness and quality. I purchased Bumble Bee to try something new (It was on sale at my local market) and was horrified at the look of the can when I opened it. It looked like mushy brownish dog food, not like the quality tuna that actually looks like tuna. I tried to prepare it but once I came across my third bone (the last one I found was the length of my thumb and resembled a toothpick because it was so large) I trashed it, not wanting to take a chance with bad tuna and multiple bones. I will never buy this tuna again (from the Indian Ocean) and will stick with the QUALITY STARKIST BRAND.

Original review: June 21, 2019

This is not solid white albacore. It is dark like chunk light, small tiny shreds, and looks like sawdust. Horrible taste and smell. Maybe a class action lawsuit will make them own up to their deceptive practices?

Original review: June 14, 2019

Like other reviewers here it was just mush in water in a can. Where the hell is the chunky Tuna I'm used to from my childhood? Complete garbage and a waste of money. I'll go try another brand to see if they're any better.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Can says, Product of Mauritius. Use by Feb. 09, 2022. Canned in San Diego. This “tuna” was not white and fairly minced. The smell though... was Horrible! Tuna stinks. That’s normal, this was not normal though. Rancid, Rotten. Repulsive. No quality control. No more Bumble Bee for me.

Original review: May 8, 2019

Like many I grew up eating tuna, you just grab a can of Bumble Bee or Starkist tuna and you didn't think anything about it. In the last few years since I have been eating more organic foods from organic markets, so I have been eating wild caught tuna. Yet I still had regular tuna periodically when visiting family/friends. So recently when I was in a non-organic grocery store I decided to grab some cans of tuna (I lost the receipt so I cannot remember which store). I finally opened the can ready to use my new chipotle mayo to make tuna salad. After draining the water, I started looking at the off color of the tuna but then I saw what I initially thought were bones, but on further investigation it looks like glass or hard plastic. I immediately lost my appetite for tuna, not even willing to open a different brand that I had bought after getting the Bumble Bee brand. Now that I have read some of the reviews on this site I will NEVER buy Bumble Bee again.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I have been eating another brand of tuna in a pouch for quite a long while and have enjoyed them. Last week I decided to try Bumble Bee and wow! My first pouch was the lemon pepper. The lemon flavor was stronger than what I taste when eating the other brand, but not overpowering. I have not tried all the flavors yet, but those I have eaten the flavors are fantastic! They are moist, juicy and so flavorful. Bumble Bee has quickly replaced my old brand for lunches and afternoon snacks.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I had an 8 pack of Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore 7 oz cans packed in water. Had been on my the shelf for some time but date March 21, 2020 - still fine. I opened three of these and will dispose of other five. The cans had black corrosion or substance descending down from the top along the inside wall. The contents smelled bad, was mushy, watery, oily and and was not solid white. There was off color areas that appeared to be near the areas where the apparent black corrosion was on the inside wall of the cans. The cans were sealed and no evidence of leaking. Caught in Pacific Ocean Product of Fiji Canned in USA was printed on the label. Code on the can bottom is: 708CSWCSKP 21:01 Best if used by Mar 21, 2020.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I am very sad a disappointed in the Bumble Bee brand. I have called and complained and it does NO GOOD. I love eating sardines. I have tried this brand over and over... it's so gross that they leave the tails on the fish. I will no longer be a Bumble Bee customer no longer. Buyers Beware!!!

Bumble Bee Tuna Company Information