2. Shopping

Bumble Bee Tuna

4.0/5 (414 ratings)

About Bumble Bee Tuna

Bumble Bee Tuna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee Tuna?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee?

Original review: May 1, 2021

I purchased a 4 pack of Bumble Bee albacore chunk white tuna from Walmart. It looked liked brown mush. I am 63 and have not even seen light tuna looked like this. It smelled strong so I threw It away. Unfortunately I did not have my receipt and Walmart did not give me full refund. I will never buy bumble bee again.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Opened one can. Looked spoiled, but didn't smell bad. Looked like watery cat food with a brownish scum floating on top, and the contents looked to be almost pureed, with flecks of reddish brown particles. Took a picture to file complaint with Bumble Bee. Opened a second can. Same experience. Put both cans, with contents, in zip bags and froze. Checked remaining cans. All same batch and date. All indicate Product of Mauritius. Use by date Apr 23, 2023. Have 6 more cans of this destined for the landfill.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Others have accurately pictured what this mush looks like, but no one has commented on the fact that BB tuna, like BB canned mackerel, is a product of China. Check YouTube for documentaries on China's poisoning its own people with deadly chemicals in food as varied as noodles and baby formula. Worse perhaps is the can itself which according to tests contains "unacceptable amounts" of lead. ANY amount of lead is unacceptable! If you're lucky to live near a Costco, their Kirkland brand white albacore tuna is phenomenal.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I was so shocked at the look of my Albacore Tuna that I wrote to Bumble Bee about my experience. I received 2 letters. One of them which came a week after I had written asked for a sample of the tuna. REALLY!! Like I would have saved the stinky nasty stuff. They also said that there was a special shipping package for me to put the tuna in. That never came! REALLY!! again.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I had to throw out all 4 cans of the tuna I purchased. It was not white, in fact it was dark, with a lot of red in it. It was very mushy, and shredded. Not happy at all. Will never ever ever buy this again.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I stocked up in Solid White Tuna in water. The tuna has always been white and more solid. The color was a sickly yellow and brown. It wasn't solid but looked more like hash. More than one can was that way.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

My experience with Bumble Bee Tuna is the worst product labeling under Albacore Chunk White Tuna, it’s really cat food???? I'll never purchase this product again. It use to be a great tuna, but no more!!!!

Original review: July 27, 2020

I went out and bought TEN cans of " Bumble Bee Chunk White ALBACORE Tuna in water" and it sure wasn't what it said it would be. I've seen cat food look better. It sure is not what it said it would be. This product is not cheap. I'm afraid to open any other cans to find the same thing. I cannot eat this junk. It looks like cat food. If I had a cat, I would try and see if it would eat it. I know I won't. Thank you for your time.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I bought an 8 pack of Bumble Bee Albacore Tuna and when I opened it I was sure that it was bad. It was mushy brown, it did not even look like regular tuna! I am used to large white chunks of albacore. I feed my cat this as a treat every other day and she refused to eat it. She even used her paw like she was burying a crap in her litter box! The can said 'product of Mauritus'. Expires April 23, 2023.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I purchased Bumble Bee chunk white albacore. It was not chunk or white. It was a soupy tannish pink sludge. I drained it and made a small salad using what I could. But it tasted terrible and I threw it away. Hours later I am still belching the taste of the small amount I ate. It came from Mauritius. This is not the first time I have had a bad experience with BumbleBee but, due to the coronavirus, I was not able to get my regular brand. How can these people charge a higher price and sell an inferior product? How can they stay in business?

Bumble Bee Tuna Company Information