3.67/5

346 Bumble Bee Tuna Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

Product was Bumble Bee solid white albacore in water, 5 oz can. Recently purchased, undented can, marked “best if used by May 16, 2022. Product of Fiji.” As other reviewers have noted, grey/brown in color, mushy, not flaky, objectionable odor. Certainly neither solid nor white. I discarded the opened can, as well as two others from the shrink-wrapped multipack. Absolutely disgusting product.

Original review: July 31, 2019

After writing the company, I went online to look at reviews to see if what I experienced with Bumble Bee White Chunk Tuna was unusual. Every one star review was my exact experience. My greatest surprise in all this is that a company is still allowed to put a product on store shelves and market it as food for human consumption when this has been repeatedly reported for a long time. How is that something so dangerous and non edible is allowed to continue?? Completely scary.

Get expert buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Been buying Bumble Bee for years. Never again. Opened 3 cans all had disgusting red veins going through the entire can. Paid 2.09 a can. This has happened to many times. Ever since you started with the premium tuna all others in water or oil is not edible!!!! Bye Bumble Bee.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I pay a premium to buy Bumble Bee solid white tuna because it used to be the best. Recently, when I would open the cans I was in the supermarket, the tuna would have a yellowish brownish tinge. Yesterday, I bought eight cans In a big box store. I opened two cans and found that there were big chunks of dark red and brown tuna and some pieces that looked almost bloody. This is not the Bumble Bee solid white tuna that I grew up on. Very disappointed. I don’t know if I will ever buy this tuna again!

Original review: July 24, 2019

Purchased a can of Bumble Bee tuna and found a piece of thick plastic in the tuna fish. Can is # 35AAOLH CHINA use by March 14, 2022 AND 90739AAOLH USE BY MARCH 14, 2022. Cut my mouth on piece of plastic from tuna. Don’t buy this product. Light tuna in vegetable oil.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee?

Original review: July 23, 2019

I opened a can of Bumble Bee Low Sodium Solid White Albacore. Right on top, what I first thought was maybe a ice, was a sharp piece of glass or hard plastic. After looking further into the contents there were more shards of a glass/hard plastic. Numbers on can B116SC1SKF 06:18 Best used by Apr 26, 2021. I have lost all taste for this product and won’t be buying it again.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I have always eaten tuna without a second thought, usually purchasing the little cans. This time we bought a larger can of Bumble Bee brand, and it's inedible. The "use by" date is in March 28, 2022, so it should be fresh, but it smells like old fish, and tastes metallic. The bottom of the can says Made in China. I had purchased 3 cans. I will be throwing out the casserole, and the 3 unopened cans.

Original review: July 13, 2019

I have always relied on Bumble Bee chunk white albacore tuna. It used to be the best of any others. For a few years, I have been disappointed over & over. I kept thinking I was getting a now & then bad can. I only buy tuna now & then (more when I was younger). Always biting into who knows what, or bones & scales. And it's not white anymore. Yuck. Never buying it again. They should be ashamed to sell it. Thankfully, I've not gotten sick like other reviews, but it is 2019, I believe 3 years after the recall.

Original review: June 21, 2019

I usually buy Starkist and have always been happy with the freshness and quality. I purchased Bumble Bee to try something new (It was on sale at my local market) and was horrified at the look of the can when I opened it. It looked like mushy brownish dog food, not like the quality tuna that actually looks like tuna. I tried to prepare it but once I came across my third bone (the last one I found was the length of my thumb and resembled a toothpick because it was so large) I trashed it, not wanting to take a chance with bad tuna and multiple bones. I will never buy this tuna again (from the Indian Ocean) and will stick with the QUALITY STARKIST BRAND.

Original review: June 21, 2019

This is not solid white albacore. It is dark like chunk light, small tiny shreds, and looks like sawdust. Horrible taste and smell. Maybe a class action lawsuit will make them own up to their deceptive practices?

Bumble Bee Tuna Company Information