Bumble Bee Tuna

Bumble Bee Tuna

3.3/5 (1486 ratings)

About Bumble Bee Tuna

Bumble Bee Tuna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee Tuna?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee?

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

After opening a large sized 15oz. can of solid white tuna I found fish scales mixed in. I found 2 large scales, iridescent in color. I’ve been trying to call Bumble Bee consumer help but my call hasn’t been answered. I’m most likely not going to consume the other cans I bought.

Original review: June 26, 2022

This is the third time I have purchased Bumble Bee solid white tuna and threw it out. Never again. The tuna is not solid. It is either like mush or like loose flakes. The tuna is not white. It is a very deep brown color. The tuna's taste (and smell) is exceedingly fishy. I don't know what the company has done to the product (that I had used for many, many years until now) or what exactly is in the cans...but it's not solid white tuna. I'm used to many products being sub-par coming out of this pandemic as companies do all they can to regain profits, but whatever Bumble Bee has done is beyond acceptable. I'll never purchase their product again.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 31, 2022

Bumble Tuna in water in the can changed in early 2022. I fed this to my cats for years, 3-4 times a week and they always inhaled it. Now they sniff it and walk away and will not touch it. Not sure what they changed so that’s scary. Change it back please. Must be mixing other fish something to stretch out inventory due to Covid.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I've been purchasing Bumblebee White Solid Albacore Tuna fish for 40 years and I have never had a desire to change to a different branch until recently in the last few months. I've purchased this tuna and it tastes terrible and it is not solid white. It has other mixed fish with it. I don't know what's in the can but it doesn't have any taste. In fact it's disgusting and I think this company should be sued for false advertising I will never buy another can of Bumble Bee tuna fish.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I know what Chunk tuna looks like and I've now opened two cans of Bumble Bee Chunk White Albacore Tuna in water and it is NOT chunk white Albacore tuna - it is flakes of some other fish. NO chunks are in the can at all! None! See pics if I can post of the contents of the most recent can I opened today, March 30, 2022.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I had not purchased this brand in a few years but found it on sale at the local WinCo store. I've been buying Costco White Albacore. I did a quick Google search to only find that the company had gone bankrupt not long ago (due to being sued for price gouging but it also said StarKist and chicken of the sea were also part of the same lawsuit) and bought out by some company, I think in Japan? Only other negative things it said was the new company had issues with not paying their workers fair wages. There weren't any sites saying anything about product reviews so I went ahead and bought 15 cans, as my family and I seem to like tuna salad in spring and summer.

Last night I opened 2 cans, neither looked like I remembered it should. Brownish mushy meat on top and pinkish in the middle. Smelled fishy but not spoiled. Attempting to drain off the water was pointless. I went ahead and mixed in the mayo and seasonings. It was rather runny since the water would not drain out. I made a sandwich and ate it. An hour or so later my stomach started cramping up. Began burping and passing gas, went to bed feeling bloated and gross. I woke up in the middle of the night with vomiting and diarrhea. Eventually fell back to sleep. When I got up I used a different search engine to search the brand on the web and found this site. After reading many reviews I now realize that this brand is NOT a safe product for human or even animal consumption!

I do not understand how this company is still in business! Nor do I understand how this site can give them 5 stars on their ratings at all when every review is a 1!! Very false ratings by Consumer Affairs! So glad I read through the comments! I now have to attempt to return the remaining 13 cans in hopes to get my money back! The cans I bought all say best by Dec 8, 2024 product of Indonesia 13425BACLP 17:40.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

The white albacore tuna is not the same. Too flaky, dark and tasteless. Have bought this product over 40 years in the past year or so. It has totally changed. Just bought my last cans hoping it would be better. It is not.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Bought 20 cans of Bumble Bee tuna on sale. This is supposed to be solid white tuna. First 4 cans I opened the top of the tuna on one side of can is brown. Not brown like chunk tuna but brown that something is wrong. As stated in other reviews bottom of can says best by April 19, 2024 product of Mauritius. I considered Bumble Bee to be the gold standard of tuna. No more.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I purchased a 4 pack of Bumble Bee albacore chunk white tuna from Walmart. It looked liked brown mush. I am 63 and have not even seen light tuna looked like this. It smelled strong so I threw It away. Unfortunately I did not have my receipt and Walmart did not give me full refund. I will never buy bumble bee again.

Original review: March 3, 2021

Opened one can. Looked spoiled, but didn't smell bad. Looked like watery cat food with a brownish scum floating on top, and the contents looked to be almost pureed, with flecks of reddish brown particles. Took a picture to file complaint with Bumble Bee. Opened a second can. Same experience. Put both cans, with contents, in zip bags and froze. Checked remaining cans. All same batch and date. All indicate Product of Mauritius. Use by date Apr 23, 2023. Have 6 more cans of this destined for the landfill.

Bumble Bee Tuna Company Information