2. Shopping

Bumble Bee Tuna
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.17/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Bumble Bee Tuna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee Tuna?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2020

I stocked up in Solid White Tuna in water. The tuna has always been white and more solid. The color was a sickly yellow and brown. It wasn't solid but looked more like hash. More than one can was that way.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2020

My experience with Bumble Bee Tuna is the worst product labeling under Albacore Chunk White Tuna, it’s really cat food???? I'll never purchase this product again. It use to be a great tuna, but no more!!!!

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: July 27, 2020

I went out and bought TEN cans of " Bumble Bee Chunk White ALBACORE Tuna in water" and it sure wasn't what it said it would be. I've seen cat food look better. It sure is not what it said it would be. This product is not cheap. I'm afraid to open any other cans to find the same thing. I cannot eat this junk. It looks like cat food. If I had a cat, I would try and see if it would eat it. I know I won't. Thank you for your time.

Original review: July 13, 2020

I bought an 8 pack of Bumble Bee Albacore Tuna and when I opened it I was sure that it was bad. It was mushy brown, it did not even look like regular tuna! I am used to large white chunks of albacore. I feed my cat this as a treat every other day and she refused to eat it. She even used her paw like she was burying a crap in her litter box! The can said 'product of Mauritus'. Expires April 23, 2023.

Original review: April 21, 2020

I purchased Bumble Bee chunk white albacore. It was not chunk or white. It was a soupy tannish pink sludge. I drained it and made a small salad using what I could. But it tasted terrible and I threw it away. Hours later I am still belching the taste of the small amount I ate. It came from Mauritius. This is not the first time I have had a bad experience with BumbleBee but, due to the coronavirus, I was not able to get my regular brand. How can these people charge a higher price and sell an inferior product? How can they stay in business?

Original review: April 3, 2020

I have been purchasing Bumble Bee Solid White Tuna in water for years and years always from Costco ....and until today it's been ok. Quality has gone down over the years I will admit but after today....I'm done....and I checked the bottom of the can....and it shows Mauritius as the origin and that's someplace in the Indian Ocean ....and the date is 1/14/23. That's 3 years from now....I can't imagine opening a can in 2023....since it's so disgusting now. It's not white....it's brown....it's mushy and it stinks to high heaven. I opened 2 cans....the first one was the same and I thought I'd give it to a neighbor who feeds a stray cat....opened another can....it's the same crap and at this point....I won't even feed it to a stray cat. What is wrong with Bumble Bee....

I'm glad they filed for bankruptcy but they should not be allowed to sell tuna that looks or smells like this and no, I won't even feed it to a stray cat. Absolutely horrible....and after looking on here....I'm not the only one experiencing these issues...but thank God no glass or plastic in it. Shame on you Bumble Bee. Who will regulate this company and force them to do better???? Evidently we can't as consumers....someone has to step up and take action against them and their products are not cheap....and I buy the 6/8 pack at Costco. But never again. Yuck!

Original review: March 20, 2020

I recently purchased a few cans in my local supermarket (shop rite) and has a best by date of Dec 2022. About 20 minutes after eating I became violently and painfully ill. I woke the next morning with stomach pains and I am worried I am very sick.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I have stopped buying Bumble Bee. I recently threw out several cans, one right after another. The smell was awful. The "tuna" was dark, veins running through it, and had a texture like mush. I have noticed declining quality whether the cans contain "tuna" from Mauritius, Fiji, or China. I'm done with Bumble Bee. So far, all the tuna from Chicken of the Sea and Starkist have been fine with the exception of one can of Starkist that was a little bit mushy. The second can from the same batch was firm.

Original review: March 13, 2020

While eating my tuna sandwich, I almost swallowed a bone approximately the size of half a wooden toothpick! I was so startled. I threw the remainder of tuna in garbage. First time it’s happened, don’t want it to happen again!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2019

The last 6 cans I have purchased have been gross. Very little white tuna mixed in with brown, grey and black vines. A lot of red coloring. The dates on the cans were Sept. and Oct 2022. Bought at Walmart. I used to be happy with their tuna. But I'm done. What are you doing that's changed? Fix it. Make it right. Even if we have to pay a little more. I bet you wouldn't eat the nasty crap.

Bumble Bee Tuna Company Information