Bumble Bee Tuna

Bumble Bee Tuna

3.3/5 (1489 ratings)

About Bumble Bee Tuna

Bumble Bee Tuna Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2023

This is the worst tuna I've ever had in my life. It was watery and no solidity whatsoever. Just because you package something for export doesn't mean you have to use your garbage that you would normally throw away. There is much much better tuna available where I am visiting in Nicaragua, so there is no need to pay import prices for Bumble Bee. If you are going to buy some quality import tuna, Chicken of the Sea is a good product. I will never EVER buy Bumble Bee products here again or again in the US. This is dirty.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2022

This product was once the standard-bearer for canned seafood. While at Costco, I deviated from Kirkland Tuna because Bumble Bee was on sale. Well, it's really gotten bad. Never again. It smells and tastes like rotten fish. The color is very off—orange—and there seems to be a lot of offal mixed in. It's also mushy like "special" tuna. It's almost as if they went out of their way to make it repulsive. I don't think I've ever had a more disgusting experience with canned tuna, and I'm 64 years old. All of the cans I bought were inedible. Don't buy this product.

Get buying tips about Food Products delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

I've bought Bumble Bee tuna for many years but I think the company no longer has any quality control, the color isn't even close to looking white and it's starting to smell more like canned cat food. The most recent event of almost choking on a fishbone was the last straw as I will be switching to Starkist. The company did not answer any of my emails either....

Original review: Sept. 14, 2022

After opening a large sized 15oz. can of solid white tuna I found fish scales mixed in. I found 2 large scales, iridescent in color. I’ve been trying to call Bumble Bee consumer help but my call hasn’t been answered. I’m most likely not going to consume the other cans I bought.

Original review: June 26, 2022

This is the third time I have purchased Bumble Bee solid white tuna and threw it out. Never again. The tuna is not solid. It is either like mush or like loose flakes. The tuna is not white. It is a very deep brown color. The tuna's taste (and smell) is exceedingly fishy. I don't know what the company has done to the product (that I had used for many, many years until now) or what exactly is in the cans...but it's not solid white tuna. I'm used to many products being sub-par coming out of this pandemic as companies do all they can to regain profits, but whatever Bumble Bee has done is beyond acceptable. I'll never purchase their product again.

Original review: May 31, 2022

Bumble Tuna in water in the can changed in early 2022. I fed this to my cats for years, 3-4 times a week and they always inhaled it. Now they sniff it and walk away and will not touch it. Not sure what they changed so that’s scary. Change it back please. Must be mixing other fish something to stretch out inventory due to Covid.

Original review: April 28, 2022

I've been purchasing Bumblebee White Solid Albacore Tuna fish for 40 years and I have never had a desire to change to a different branch until recently in the last few months. I've purchased this tuna and it tastes terrible and it is not solid white. It has other mixed fish with it. I don't know what's in the can but it doesn't have any taste. In fact it's disgusting and I think this company should be sued for false advertising I will never buy another can of Bumble Bee tuna fish.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I know what Chunk tuna looks like and I've now opened two cans of Bumble Bee Chunk White Albacore Tuna in water and it is NOT chunk white Albacore tuna - it is flakes of some other fish. NO chunks are in the can at all! None! See pics if I can post of the contents of the most recent can I opened today, March 30, 2022.

Original review: March 24, 2022

I had not purchased this brand in a few years but found it on sale at the local WinCo store. I've been buying Costco White Albacore. I did a quick Google search to only find that the company had gone bankrupt not long ago (due to being sued for price gouging but it also said StarKist and chicken of the sea were also part of the same lawsuit) and bought out by some company, I think in Japan? Only other negative things it said was the new company had issues with not paying their workers fair wages. There weren't any sites saying anything about product reviews so I went ahead and bought 15 cans, as my family and I seem to like tuna salad in spring and summer.

Last night I opened 2 cans, neither looked like I remembered it should. Brownish mushy meat on top and pinkish in the middle. Smelled fishy but not spoiled. Attempting to drain off the water was pointless. I went ahead and mixed in the mayo and seasonings. It was rather runny since the water would not drain out. I made a sandwich and ate it. An hour or so later my stomach started cramping up. Began burping and passing gas, went to bed feeling bloated and gross. I woke up in the middle of the night with vomiting and diarrhea. Eventually fell back to sleep. When I got up I used a different search engine to search the brand on the web and found this site. After reading many reviews I now realize that this brand is NOT a safe product for human or even animal consumption!

I do not understand how this company is still in business! Nor do I understand how this site can give them 5 stars on their ratings at all when every review is a 1!! Very false ratings by Consumer Affairs! So glad I read through the comments! I now have to attempt to return the remaining 13 cans in hopes to get my money back! The cans I bought all say best by Dec 8, 2024 product of Indonesia 13425BACLP 17:40.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

The white albacore tuna is not the same. Too flaky, dark and tasteless. Have bought this product over 40 years in the past year or so. It has totally changed. Just bought my last cans hoping it would be better. It is not.

Bumble Bee Tuna Company Information