Bumble Bee Tuna

Compare Food Products

Research top Food Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I recently purchased four cans on sale at my local Supermercado and all four were Pure "MUSH". The Taste, Color and Flavor were not too bad. But they were packed in water and were like just Soupy MUSH! I've had better luck with Chicken of the Sea and Starkist lately and of those two Starkist has been the BEST! I will NO longer buy Bumble Bee any longer. I remember back in the 1970's and 1980's Bumble was always a High Quality Dependable Brand. But the company has been passed around from one Private Equity Outfit to another worse than a Old Worn Out Rag Doll over these past 10-15 years. So I guess that might explain their Epic Decline?

Bumble Bee used to give you solid white Tuna. Basically now you're getting cat food! The smell and taste are absolutely horrible. What the hell happened Bumble Bee? Did you fire your entire quality control dept? I've grown up on your tuna. Sadly I'm not wasting any more of my money on your product. Wake up and good luck to you.

I remember Bumblebee as being just fine a few years ago, but no more. I have bought a handful of cans in the past months, and they seem to be getting worse each time. I just now spit out my lunch (a salad with tuna) and threw the rest of the salad away because the tuna was so foul. I am angry because now I have to go buy lunch - and the objective of bringing lunch from home was to save money! I also cannot get the hideous flavor out of my mouth. Bumblebee, I don't know what has happened, but I hope you get your act together because - right now - I would not even feed this hideousness to my cat.

Good lord! I opened a can of Bumble Bee white Albacore tuna and the stench about made me lose my breakfast. I had to look up recalls to make sure that wasn't the problem. Now I see from other reviews I'm not the only one who thinks this brand has issues. I have had Bumble Bee tuna in the past but it never smelled this rancid. I'm tossing it and going with another brand next time. Yuck!

Bumble Bee Tuna not anymore. Terrible smell and taste. Based on this experience I will not be purchasing any Bumble Bee Tuna. Disgusting taste.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bumble Bee?

I wish I would have read about the bad reviews of the tuna. I bought several cans of chunk white albacore tuna from my local supermarket. All 8 cans were horrible and disgusting. They were brown and mushy and the smell was disgusting. I tried giving a can to my cats who walked away and would not eat it. I will never buy another can of Bumble Bee Tuna again. So sad. I am contacting my local supermarket chain, Publix and Winn Dixie and asking them to pull the product.

I have been eating bumble bee for years and I just opened a can it is disgusting, mushy and some foreign black pieces and definitely not solid white albacore in can. I have noticed for the last year it is not the same tuna. It should be pulled from the market and fined a fee for false advertising. Consumers could very ill from this FDA should look into this matter.

COMPLAINT - visually less than 1/4 of crab in can. Weight of crab was just under 2.5 oz by verified postal scale - much less than min. guaranteed on can. Net wt 6 oz or wt 4.25 oz. Very disappointed. Product purchased from Walmart, Jacksonville, Fl last week.

Bought several cans of Solid White Albacore Tuna at Walmart and opened that cans and they were anything but Solid or White. It was disgusting and smelled terrible. Ironically I had purchased some from Safeway and Walmart a few months back. I opened the one from Safeway and looked fine and then I opened the can I bought from Walmart and it was yellow, flaky with red veins or something in it. I figured it was just a fluke and I got a bad can, but as I mentioned above, I purchased some more the other day and I had to throw it out. Really disgusting.

For 30 years of my adult life I've purchased only Bumble Bee Solid White tuna. The quality had always been premium and superior, producing a delicious lunch for the family. Recently, I purchased an 8 pack of cans from Costco, and when we opened the first one, the cats came running. To animals attracted to food waste, the smell was appealing. To my wife and I it was appalling. Furthermore, the meat was not only not solid white, but was lower quality than the generic tuna I used to have to stomach as a penniless graduate student. Not only was none of the mean in the can white, but some of it was purplish, as if it had been scooped from the cannery floor. The experience was so awful that I can't bring myself to open another can in that 8 pack.

I'm returning it to Costco for a refund, though if I had bought it from a merchant with an illiberal return policy, I would just throw it away and take the loss, rather than consume it to save the money -- or even feed it to the cats. I see the internet is ablaze with identical quality reports, so there won't be a second chance for Bumble Bee. Obviously, they've taken a new business direction, one that smart consumers like myself and my wife will make them regret asap. Now I have to try to find a suitable replacement. So sad to see the quality of the Bumble Bee name drop so far so fast! Friends don't let friends eat Bumble Bee! And, sorry Charlie! Only great tasting tuna gets to come into our house!

Opened four cans from a four-pack of the product for tonight's dinner. Instead of Chunks, it was watery mush. I could not bring myself to use any of it. The color was far from white, more a sickly light brown color. And the smell seemed a bit off. The can's label (bar code) number was 866253. The number on the bottom of the can is 60955A3CKP. The best used by date is Apr 04 2019. I hope that, if I ever buy this product again, it is what the label states and has a better appearance and smell. Thank you for reading this.

8 pack Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore in Water Exp 9/29/2018 5272502SKP06:56. Opened can of solid white albacore in water and noted sharp V shaped piece of glass in can. Unable to contact customer service directly to report customer safety concern.

OMG. This company has gone to hell in a hand basket and stayed there. Once they were taken over by the foreign Thai company, the quality, taste and PRICE of tuna they sell SUCKS. Bought the 4pk and opened one can, almost fell over from the stench that came out of can. Thought wow, maybe it was just ONE BAD CAN. Oh no, all 4 were as bad with smell, mushy appearance ('chunk light' implies there's a CHUNK of tuna in at least one can...right?). Do NOT buy this crap anymore. It's the consistency of cheap baby food and the smell is horrible. Forget about taste...you can't get past the SMELL long enough to even want to take a bite if you dared to try making it into tuna salad.

It was a total waste of money. Wrote to the company INVESTOR RELATIONS section hoping someone would pay attention to WHY their stocks may be going downhill. Don't know if they care to even review email/complaints but at least I tried. Will NEVER waste money on this garbage again. COSTCO product is much better. NO stink, super great TASTE and consistency AND IT ACTUALLY IS CHUNK FLAKED TUNA not mush with mackerel smell. Too bad most of the previously USA companies sold out to foreign buyers that care less about quality AND brand consistency and consumer loyalty. They just lost a customer for life. Threw out the tuna because even the STRAY CATS in the area wouldn't eat it....and THEY eat garbage!!!

I bought some tuna in water. The taste and the smell was horrible. I called customer service and told them about it and they were rude and nasty.

If I could give less than one star, I would. Over the past 40 years, I have only bought Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore in water. Throughout that time, I would occasionally get a can that wasn't great, and figured it was a fluke--a "bad can". I then switched to the solid steaks with lemon and black pepper, when it was offered, and it was great. Then they stopped production of that, and whenever I wanted to buy tuna, I reverted back to the "Solid White Albacore" in water. First of all, it is most certainly NOT solid. I can't even imagine what they are passing off as "chunk" or "flaked" at this point, compared to the pap that I saw, smelled, and tasted from the "solid". It was SO DISGUSTING. Dark, smelly mush with veins. The taste was nothing close to normal. I had bought about four cans, and opened them all. The same result.

What kills me is that Bumble Bee has been running ads, comparing their tuna to a competitor's, making it look like the competitor is the dark mush, when Bumble Bee, in fact, is just that. If the company sold out to China, it is no wonder the quality has tanked. Since when does China have quality regulations. There is stuff being pulled off the shelves all the time, whether it is candy or plastic dishes, with high levels of lead in it. Bumble Bee could send me all the free coupons in the world, but it wouldn't help make me consume their product.

I purchased Bumble Bee Albacore Tuna from Walmart. Disgusting! It was mushy, mushy, mushy. It was the worst tuna I've ever purchased. Not only was it mushy, it was fishy smelling. It was just plane gross and not edible. The rest of the cans I purchased will definitely go back to the store.

The color of the tuna used to look like it is show in the picture on the website but it no longer looks that way. Instead of looking "white" it looks tan!

I opened my can of Bumble Bee tuna tonight and I found a leg in it. It is the most disgusting repulsive thing I've ever seen in my life. My stomach will never be the same I was very surprised to see all the complaints on here. I am going to hit social media with this with everything I have. This is not acceptable here in the USA!!!

I opened a can of Bumble Bee Chunk White Albacore Tuna - YUCK. It was a can full of a very mushy, cloudy, stinky food I would not even taste. There were hard scales on top of the product, but I didn't dig to find out how many more were in the can. The very sight of this product makes me sick, and I'm returning it to the store for a refund. I will not try Bumble Bee products again. It looks unfit for human (or animal) consumption.

Bought a can of Bumble Bee Tuna 4/3/16, open the can the same day. The tuna was BAD. The smell was so strong it made me retch. I contacted Bumble Bee Company by email the very next day, since they don't have a customer service phone number. A week later still waiting to hear from the company.

I cannot believe Bumble Bee can get away with selling this product as solid white albacore or getting away with the mush that is inside. The garbage that was inside this can was unbelievable. Something bloody and slimy and smelled like rotten fish. I will return the remaining can to the store and would like to bundle this up and send it to the president of Bumble Bee for lunch.

I bought this tuna as I have many times before but I recently ate some and have been having stomach pains since. I just found out there was a recall and to my surprise it was the tuna brand I bought. I'm in so much cramping pain that constant in my stomach.

Chunky White Albacore Bumble Bee Tuna is in no way chunky, it's more mush than anything. I couldn't eat it. I paid for an overpriced product and had to trash it but I don't get my money back. There is another can in the kitchen I will trash. I will never buy any more Bumble Bee Tuna.

I open the can Bumble Bee Albacore Tuna now that I got from Big Lots and there was a bunch of bones, ground-up bones. It did not look like fish bones but that's what I thought it was. I just you know because I was hungry and it made me sick for 2 days to be blunt peeing out of my ** for 2 days. That was over a week ago and I still feel like I probably have an illness from it. It disgusts me to think about it. Will never eat Bumble Bee tuna again or anything of that matter, and I've contacted lawyers Anderson Law Firm legal matters.

Last time buying BBT. Looked at the expiration date on one, it was January 2015 on the other January 2018. So the expiration dates don't mean anything. Chicken of the sea is starting to do the same thing, "Solid White Albacore in Water", open it up and it's, MUSH. SO, folks, it's a hit or miss rather you're going to get Chunk White Solid, or Mush that smells like it has laid on the Fishing Vessel in the sun for days. I don't understand why it's from China, we have vessels that also tuna hunt, so why is BB selling C--P from China??

I don't know why I was surprised to see the amount of complaints for exactly my issue. This is not CHUNK tuna as they clearly show an opened can that is clearly chunk. However, that is not what is in the can! I will never purchase a Bumble Bee product again and now with their huge recall and if people read all the negative reviews here - hopefully they will quickly go out of business! What a ripoff and clear misrepresentation of their product!

I ate Bumble Bee Tuna on 3/17/16. It was the only thing I ate all day and I started feeling sick a couple hours afterwards. I threw up later that evening and was sick for two days. I heard about the recall the next day and called the Bumble Bee hotline to report it, but was rudely dismissed because I was told the Albacore tuna wasn't part of the recall. I told the woman that I wanted to report my issue because maybe they don't know yet about other tuna products that might be dangerous. I was told that I'd have to call a different # for Bumble Bee, of which she couldn't provide for me. I bought the Albacore at Sam's Club. 8 pack - UPC 866000095.

Have been seeing commercials on TV about Bumble Bee being nice flaky, chunky tuna. What a LIE that was. It's more like MUSH. In fact I think mush is more appealing! I don't think even a cat or dog would eat this, it's disgusting. I will not buy "Bumble Bee" again. It's time for the American people to demand good quality, like we used to get, not this crap they try to sell us now! Everything is smaller, sizes have changed, made in other countries & charges more, I think there is something wrong with this picture.

OK let me start by saying my family and I have been buying Bumblebee TUNA for years now and the last few cans we have bought were nasty, was all mushy, smelt bad and when we ate it made our stomachs cramp really bad. Gave us DIARRHEA. I had surgery in June so I can't throw up. I just try heave and that's what happened with me after consuming Bumblebee TUNA. Won't ever buy this crap again. I will live without my TUNA salad or TUNA Mac and cheese dinner. Hope no one else has become ill like me and my family.

I have seen the description of this tuna with a comparison of other tuna. The Chunk Light Albacore tuna is so horribly misleading you should be sued for fraud. Your supposed Albacore tuna is exactly like the nasty one you compare it to. This is our 4th time to try the tuna you advertise on tv. This will be the last can we try & will be returning the remaining cans to the store. You should be sued & ashamed of what you promise on tv & the results when we get it home & open it. SHAME. SHAME ON YOUR LYING & DECEIT TOWARDS YOUR CUSTOMERS. We will not be buying anymore of this lying junk!!!

Bumble Bee Tuna Company Profile