2.18/5
Based on 173 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

173 Blue Apron Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I was responding to a gift offer from a friend, which required that I sign up for a trial subscription. I originally made my selections but found that I needed to change the start date for delivery since I would be out of town. I got a FedEx notification today that I had a delivery coming tomorrow that I never even ordered. It was garbage that I would never have even selected, so they just sent whatever was their least popular menu items to get rid of them. I NEVER ORDERED THESE ITEMS AND DID NOT SELECT THIS DELIVERY DATE. Instead of allowing me to make my selections and date of delivery for a future order, they chose to immediately cancel my subscription.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

I tried Blue Apron to help improve my cooking skills, but after manual skipping a few weeks that I didn't want to pay full price for they started automatically sending me boxes and charging my card $60. As a junior Air Force officer I don't have much time to worry about skipping my Blue Apron meals every week I don't want them, and it was starting to really add up. They do not let you know what meal you are about to receive or give any sort of heads up on future shipments. Only do you hear anything from them after a box of food has shipped. If they had sent me an email every Monday reminding me about the order, I would definitely have kept this service and selectively ordered meals. Instead I currently feel like they've been robbing me and don't care about anything but making a quick buck.

I currently have 3 unused boxes worth of Blue Apron ($180) sitting in my fridge unused. The website doesn't have a way to cancel your plan or remove a payment method. You have to call them during hours to actually deactivate your account. I'm so frustrated with them that I actually created this Consumer Affairs account just to write this review. If you're interested in Blue Apron, I'd be very wary and closely monitor your subscription before it spirals out of control like mine did.

Get expert buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

Oh my God. I just opened my first delivery from Blue Apron and I’m very disappointed. The lettuce was brown and wilted. One zucchini was missing and the other zucchini that came with it was frostbitten and soggy. The little bottles of red wine vinegar leaked all over my other products. The peach I received look like somebody bit it. All the ingredients are mixed together in the box. The fresh produce was not wrapped. And the ice was placed on top of all the ingredients. I needed to separate The ingredients myself and figure out what items went with each recipe.

Now I need to go food shopping and redo my menu planning for the week. Only one recipe has fresh enough ingredients that I can cook. I immediately called up Blue Apron and told them about my experience. They said that they very sorry that this is my first experience with them. They said that they strive for perfection and hope that I will be happy with my meals coming. I told them I want a refund and to cancel my subscription.

Last week I tried HelloFresh and I was very impressed with the food. Each meal came in a separate bag and every ingredient was perfect. The reason I wanted to switch is because HelloFresh offers three vegetarian meals a week. Since I was not able to choose the meals I chose to go to Blue Apron. I am going back to HelloFresh. I highly recommend them. And the food was delicious.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

I was moving and I didn’t know my new address. I tried cancelling my membership and was not given the option on the site. I figured out they only let you skip meals. But this week I noticed a bill from Blue Apron. I hadn’t logged on recently to skip meals. So now they are sending a meal to an address I do not live at. It will now rot on the step because no one is living there currently. I tried again to cancel but had to email an address and go through a complicated step of menu options and then chat with a customer service agent who took 20 minutes to cancel my account. The food was not bad but I will never order from this company again.

Original review: July 30, 2018

I tried Blue Apron and was excited to receive the pre-packaged food. I only order two menus (for 2 people) and was told it would be delivered on Friday the 27th, it was delivered the day before July 26th and was left outside in 90+ heat. Fortunately I was home in time to get it while the ice pack was still frozen. I opened up all the products. The vegetables were old, 2 of the potatoes were rotten and the condiments were outdated. Not good experience. I priced each item and could get all the ingredients for much lower cost. Cancelled my membership. Not a good value and not as fresh as I thought, it was shipped from Texas and I live in NM. Needless to say, what a disappointment this experience was.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Apron?

Original review: July 27, 2018

Had a 2 week trial. We were very excited because we are gone long hours and can use help in ease of meal prep. First week the package was delivered to the wrong house but was in pretty good shape. The second week tracking showed package went on delivery truck at 430 AM and would be delivered that day. It never came. It was delivered the next day at 12 noon and say on my porch in 100+ degree weather for 6 hours. All ice melted and food no good. They did give me refund but since the package was a day late it was too late to cancel for next week! So I give one more chance package delivered on time into my hands by FedEx driver, with package completely warm and again everything melted. The package is clearly labeled "Perishable. Keep refrigerated." If the basis of your business is home delivery you should be able to deliver correctly!

Original review: July 24, 2018

A friend sent me a link to Blue Apron where I could get my first meal free. According to the e-mail I received, it shows "Sign up below to claim your commitment-free delivery." I created an account, went to claim my free delivery and lo and behold it is NOT commitment free. In order to receive my free delivery, I had to agree to their subscription service and allow them to auto-debit my credit card. How is that commitment free? It's not. This is an unethical tactic, if not downright fraudulent. Needless to say, I did not sign up.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Received a free trial box to see if I'd want to subscribe to the box. I guess they don't care to bring in new customers because my box appeared to come from people who just don't care at all. All the produce sent was rotten. The orange pepper and zucchini were literal mush. (See photos, I can bend the zucchini!!) I received a container of cherry tomatoes (that was CLOSED entirely) but 10 tomatoes were OUTSIDE of the container and just thrown into the cooler loose. Why would anyone pay for an expensive food box, obviously for convenience in having all the ingredients, only to have to go out and spend MORE money on things that were completely unusable? I don't see Blue Apron being around much longer if this is their business practice. And no, I will not be subscribing based on this horrendous first impression.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Blue Apron used to be awesome. Then they switched shippers. The new shipper left my package outside my gate on the sidewalk in front of my building in Downtown San Francisco. If it wasn't for the random stranger who called me and said I had a package of front it would have been stolen within seconds. I cancelled the service within 2 minutes and will never go back unless they go back to the original shipper they used to use.

Original review: July 17, 2018

They sent me incomplete ingredients, and instead of reimbursing me, or shipping me a replacement meal, they "offered" a minuscule amount of credit that would only be applicable if I continued to subscribe and pay them. They're essentially shirking responsibility for failing to ship a complete order. As far as the service itself goes, it's sub par, especially compared to competitors. If you're lucky to get all of the ingredients that you paid for, they're haphazardly thrown together in a single box, which leaves some produce smashed together. Furthermore, canceling the service is intentionally made frustrating.

Original review: July 11, 2018

We have been a customer for over a year now and have been mostly satisfied. There have been a few problems but never enough to contact the company with. However last week we were shorted 2 of the knick knack packs that held 9 ingredients we needed to cook 2 of our meals. We reached out to Blue Apron and were offered a credit of $19, not enough to cover the cost of the 2 meals we couldn't make. I tried picking up the ingredients at a local grocery store and still did not have what we need. I had to resort to Amazon to get Za'atar seasoning for one meal. The customer service agent informed us "We have don't have EXTRA ingredients laying around, to avoid waste, to replace the items you were shorted". We have overlooked not so fresh produce but I believe we will be trying another meal delivery service in the future. Other services have less bad reviews and look to be a better option.

Original review: July 5, 2018

My third week food delivery from Blue Apron included an Asian flavored steak with rice and marinated bok choy. We have dietary restrictions in our house and I am an avid and careful label reader. In the condiments bag was a bottle of mirin with no other markers on the bottle nor on the recipe card or information card that this is a rice wine at 14% alcohol. I know this because I verified what it was on other websites - the Blue Apron site has zero information about the ingredient. I left it out of the recipe but when I contacted their support center my concerns were brushed off because I could have chosen another recipe and they list all allergens as required - nuts, dairy, wheat, etc... Alcohol is not on the list of substances they are required to identify. Awful practices and awful customer service. So disappointing that they are so casual about included alcohol in a recipe without any labeling.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I received a free week from a friend. I signed up on Wed 6/27 and set the delivery to arrive on Fri 7/6. After I entered the payment information and proceeded, the date automatically change to Sat 6/30 (We are going away this weekend) and the system told me I had less than 20 minutes to change it. I tried everything and nothing worked. I even contacted the Blue Apron Help Center and still haven't gotten any response. Now it says the package is on the way and now we need to make accommodations for someone to come get the food so it doesn't spoil in the 90 degree heat. AND I was charged the full amount. FREE TRIAL MY **.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I purchased Blue Apron around Memorial Day to take advantage of a major sale. While the normal cost is above my price range at the moment, I like the concept and may be willing to pay full price in the future. The food quality was excellent and matched the descriptions perfectly. The instructions were clear, all the vegetables were fresh, and the meat/fish was high quality. Perhaps more importantly, I was highly impressed by their customer service. I did not cancel my subscription immediately after the first shipment, so was charged for the next week. I called their number to request a cancelation and a refund. The customer service representative was very friendly/professional and was completely willing to give a one time refund based on the circumstances. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone interested in the service and convenience it offers.

Original review: June 14, 2018

These type of businesses in which you have to actively "skip" prey on consumer's busy schedules and forgetfulness. The default should be that you have to order the meals that it sends it to you, not that the meals get auto-shipped. Blue Apron's rep argues it's because their customers are busy and don't want to have to go request meals each week. Yeah, right. And if we forget or get too busy, the meals get shipped, we get charged, Blue Apron profits. Yes, we are busy so if we forget or get too busy it sends us random meals, usually those I wouldn't feed my dog. Tomorrow I'm getting pork ginger hamburgers. Going right in the trash. Good use of our resources, Blue Apron. Sustainable, yeah right.

Then if you want to receive an email telling you have a day or two to skip a mail you have to download their app. This one really gets me as a consumer rights' activist. You can't do this online. So in order to receive an email that a meal you never asked for to begin with is being sent to you, you have to download Blue Apron's app. This is horrible in terms of consumer rights. Let's take a stand against these "preying" businesses that auto-renew or auto-send. Again, the default should be that I have to add for the meals not that the "leftovers" what others didn't order I suppose get sent to me. But then when I forgot or got too busy, no meal would be sent, I wouldn't be charged, and Blue Apron wouldn't profit. Do the math, folks.

Original review: June 14, 2018

To be honest, when my mother told me she decided to try Blue Apron, I was already skeptical. She rarely cooks and doesn't even particularly enjoy it. I've recently started cooking when I met my boyfriend, so I think she expected me to do the majority of the work. Anyway, my mom told me she wasn't overly impressed with the meal selections, but chose what she thought looked interesting and placed the order. It was pretty exciting opening the box to see all the things inside, but as people have mentioned, everything is sort of haphazardly thrown in. The ice packs on the bottom weren't completely solid and there was a decent amount of condensation inside the box. Whatever. Not a huge deal.

I won't ramble much more, there are just a couple of things I wanted to touch on. One: The instructions for these recipes have the phrase "Season with salt and pepper to taste" WAY too many times throughout. I counted six times in one recipe I was making. Now, someone who has cooked a fair amount would know that this means to put a pinch of salt and pepper. Anyone else who is newer to the process will end up killing the meal with salt. Every other step does not require salt. Especially if there are spices and mixes thrown in that already have salt. It's true that professional chefs have said the average person undersalts their meal, but jeez this is just entirely too much. Two: Make sure you have the time to cook all these things. We ordered these boxes for way too often and had to cut back because, unless you're making them every night, some things might go to waste.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I have used many of the current meal services. Blue Apron is absolutely the worst! Sent chicken drumsticks rather than chicken breast for one of the meals. Sent a whole head of garlic that was so old and dry it was unusable. Limes were old, dry and woody. The shallot had already sprouted. The broccoli was yellow and the Thai chili was brown and shriveled. Sent them an email and received "due to unusually high volume..." To date, no response from them. Please do not use this meal service. You will regret it!

Original review: June 10, 2018

Best meal plan I’ve found over 3 years. I’ve used Blue Apron for almost a year and I’m very impressed with the quality of their merchandise. Meats and fish are very fresh, lean, tender, organic, sustainable, and their vegetables are crisp. Portions are generous, but what I love best is the variety of dishes. We are gourmet cooks and many of their recipes are different to try. In addition they provide seasonings, fresh herbs, and sauces we can try for the first time! We get exciting new dishes every week that we can choose. Unlike other delivery plans, Blue Apron is NOT ordinary, bland, or monotonous! They are delicious.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I cannot believe all the negative reviews about Blue Apron out here. My husband and I are foodies. Blue Apron is for foodies. If you want a quick, easy, predictable meal, go elsewhere. If it is all about "health" for you, go elsewhere - their meals are certainly healthy and moderate in calories, but that is not their defining quality. What defines them is interesting, unique and excellent tasting meals with fresh ingredients. We have had no problems with freshness, and I sense that some people may live in areas where delivery services are inferior. We get FedEx deliveries on time and there have been no problems in our shipments except when storms hit the east coast, then they have been delayed and the company does an excellent job updating us via email.

If you are not a foodie, do not do Blue Apron!! It takes time to make, they use unusual ingredients, and yes, they may put broccoli in a Mexican dish. Why not?! - one of the joys of cooking is experimenting. Their chefs know how to nuance flavors, their flavors are not one note and you will have a lot of fun if you can be open to the experience. If Blue Apron goes away because of all the haters, then it will be a loss for my husband and me. Dinnertime is a joy because of Blue Apron and frankly, I have no intention of eating food kits offered by Walmart or Kroger's who will likely dumb down the meal kit cooking and eating experience if they have not already.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I am amazed at the number of single stars given to Blue Apron. There must be truth in the saying "only the disgruntled rate". I've been a customer for over a year and have tried other similar services and Blue Apron comes out on top every time by a long shot. Reasons... Free box to first time customers - I was blown away by the quality when I opened the box - that's what hooked me. Recipes are restaurant quality. Food is consistently top quality. Variety and unusual ingredients has expanded my knowledge and I hate cooking. Any problems are dealt with immediately and customer service is responsive within hours. The price is excellent - especially when their competitors are the same and offer an inferior product. Serving size for 2 actually serves 3 and could even stretch to 4 if you add some of your own ingredients.

Cons - the meals take time to cook. Depending on your life situation this may not be a good fit - especially if you're the sole chef without kid, spouse or roommate helpers. The fun is in the prep - cooking - discussion and vino. It's become a ritual in our home. I can't stress enough how great this company is. It makes me sad that they changed their packaging from paper to plastic to match the Home Chef brand. Home Chef's meals are simpleton and can be prepared and cooked in 30 minutes but are nothing special.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Ok first off I am going to go ahead and tell you how to cancel this service. Go into your account settings and find where your payment information is. Click that. There will be a button that says something like account management. Click that. There will be a button that says cancel membership. Click that. At this point a page will open saying you have successfully canceled. Screenshot that. You will also get an email saying that you canceled. If you are reading this before signing up, when you subscribe I suggest you go ahead and skip the next couple of weeks immediately in case you decide to cancel so they can't charge you for more than you want. You can always change this later.

I received my only shipment yesterday. I've been getting HelloFresh for a few weeks and BA had a deal so I decided to check it out. I picked the only 2 meals that looked good which was a chicken meal and a steak meal, I noticed that they don't charge extra for steak like HF does. When the box finally shows up at 8:30 pm much later than I could have possibly cooked it for dinner I unpacked it immediately and was instantly disappointed. For starters everything is pretty much thrown haphazardly in the box including the instructions, in one of those silver bubble envelopes with 2 ice packs (that were melted). Comparatively HF has the ingredients, short the meat, in individual bags, divided by meal, inside an insulation lined box. The meat is between 2 ice packs. The instruction cards, nutrition info, and a little booklet containing offers from them and others are outside of the insulation.

I grabbed the wet cards and had to figure out what ingredients went for which meal. There were 2 bags labeled "knick knacks" (which they apparently don't know the meaning of) that had the name of the meal but everything else was just dumped together. The food was still slightly cool so after dividing the ingredients into my own bags (from the shopping trip that was necessary because of the lateness of the packages arrival) and setting the instructions to dry, I threw the food in the fridge and went to bed. While I was sorting the ingredients I realized how little food has actually came. The next morning I searched their website for contact info (they do not make this easy) and sent them an email telling them of my concerns for the freshness of the product. I received not even a generic confirmation email all day.

Tonight I went ahead and cooked both meals, I was worried that waiting for a response was going to end up making the food go bad if it wasn't already so I went for it. They took way longer to prepare than the package stated and used a bunch of weird ingredients on the sides while the meat on both was simply salt, pepper, fry. One meal was ok, the other would have been far better without all of the extra ingredients. We didn't eat half of it and it was not because of portion size. Figuring out how to cancel was a headache too so I hope this helps someone. There was no cancelation fee.

Original review: May 28, 2018

When I decided to choose a home delivery meal service, I ordered one week from Blue Apron and the next week from HelloFresh. There is no comparison! Blue Apron has no pride in the delivery. Everything was just thrown into a giant silver insulated bag, within a box. There are a bunch of plastic bags with labels noting the meal they belong to. The food came cold and almost frozen. The entire presentation was very disappointing. They did not break things down as well as HelloFresh either. For instance, one recipe needed cheese. They provided the smallest sliced wedge of cheese I've ever seen. I skinned my hand trying to grate it. HelloFresh would have provided the cheese already grated, thus saving me precious time. Blue Apron recipes take a lot of hardware to prepare. I would not order from them again.

Original review: May 23, 2018

My husband David and I received a Blue Apron box with two recipes on a Friday. We made one of the recipes and really didn't like it. That same day, my husband sent an email to cancel the subscription. That next Friday, we received a second box! This second box we didn't want cost us $80 and on top of that, it came with the cooling packs partially melted and there was liquid throughout any package that was not completely sealed. Needless to say, we were not going to use those items as we were not sure if the liquid was water or some other coolant. They were shipped on Monday (5/14/18) at 4:43 pm and arrived on Friday (5/18/18) at 2:23 pm. My husband calls Blue Apron the same day. They tell him he didn't cancel in time. I call back the following Wednesday and speak to a very nice woman. She tells me that there is nothing she can do so I ask to speak to a supervisor.

I speak with floor supervisor Jared. Jared is not as nice. Instead of listening to me, he continuously repeats the same line about not being able to refund the box. Apparently, what we were supposed to do was skip our next box, then try to cancel on Monday. I explain that the box we did receive came with ingredients we cannot use. He offered a credit of $39.96, even though both recipes we paid $80 for were affected. After useless and tedious banter, I get the chance to speak to his supervisor, Dylan ** (pronounced 'die-lon'). While Dylan is pleasant and at least makes me feel listened to, he is unable to help. Since I am out of options, I ask him if the $39.95 will even cover a single order. Nope! That would cost me an extra $12.80 since the minimum you can order is $51.95.

I tell him there is no way I am giving more money to this company so I ask if the credit could at least be transferred to a friend who uses Blue Apron. I get put on a brief hold, then Dylan returns to explain that it wouldn't be possible. He does, however, ask that I send in the pictures so that I can help the company improve their quality. I said gladly. I have also gladly attached the pictures here as well (old veggies, peppers still in box with mystery liquid, and sauce bag unopened with spilled sauces).

Long story short, either go out and buy your own food to cook at home or go with an alternative meal subscription service and save yourself mediocre recipes and awful customer service. By the way, that friend of mine that continues to use Blue Apron gets spoiled ingredients very often. She just doesn't mind throwing them away and making the recipes with what's left. Guess I have higher standards than that. I will let her know that they offer credits for the spoiled ingredients.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I bought tickets for a concert and got $50 coupon for Blue Apron so I checked it out and read the fine print which I had to get a magnifying glass to read. Story short if I would have taken their coupon I would have to sign up for weekly deliveries and even with the coupon for two people would still be $25. But if I wanted to stop getting billed and stop getting their product there would be a process that would have to take place. What the what!!! There would be no process if they were taking my money but to get it to stop there's a process. Going online and looking into this more I find out they charge people $35 to cancel and it's a huge hassle. So listen people. Get off your butts and go to the store and pay 15% of what you'll pay with these ripoff idiots and google your recipes. Cooking is easy. You should not be. DONT BE TAKEN BY THIS RIPOFF COMPANY. THEY SUCK!!!

Original review: May 16, 2018

I have purchased at least 50 dinners through Blue Apron. Most were good. The problems is the $35 charge to cancel. Never saw this in the paperwork. Should not have to pay a fee to cancel. And yes... there is a fee. Beware! Rip Off.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I decided to give Blue Apron a try after listening to so many advertisements on Radio. On the day of delivery, I waited with anticipation and got an email around 6 pm about the delay in delivery. Finally, the box with 3 menus for the week was delivered after 7:30 pm. When raised the concern about late delivery, my disappointment and request to cancel the account; the customer service rep was very rude. By the way, for the health-conscious folks out there, Blue Apron's ingredients are NOT high quality, nothing was organic. Bad decision on my part, rather check for a membership with some local farm for fresh and quality produce.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I thought I would try it and like the first box sent. However, because of my work schedule, I found I did not have time to cook. I have been trying to cancel my membership since February. They send me the email, I check to cancel, I get the email that says my membership has been cancelled. And then a month later I get another box...I have just been charged for another box. This is a ridiculous waste of time & money!

Updated on 04/10/2018: After canceling my membership in February and again in March, as my previous complaint stated they billed me again in April... However, I had lost my card and rec'd a new one 03/29. I expected the charge to be declined as the card # on my Blue Apron membership was not the same as my new card. I contacted Bank of America about the April charge and was told that Blue Apron can obtained the new card #'s from VISA. I was NOT contacted by Blue Apron nor by Visa to verify a new #... I have filed a claim with Bank of America and have put a non-payment to Blue Apron for any future charges. BEWARE!!! This is totally unethical on the part of both Blue Apron and Visa. At the very least I should have been contacted. I am going to cancel my VISA cards and change over to MasterCard. What an inconvenience.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My experience with Blue Apron has been absolutely dreadful. I have used several subscription meal boxes in the past and was ready for a change that was more health-focused. I decided to try Blue Apron after seeing advertisements (which were not accurate) for Whole30 approved meals. I signed up and quickly found out that there were very few options that met my requirements. So before that first set of meals shipped, I decided to cancel and go with a different company. Cancelling through their website is almost impossible. They make you send an email to them and then you receive a link where you can cancel from a computer. So I put my iPad down, dug my laptop out of a drawer, and followed the instructions and thought I was in the clear.

However, yesterday I realized that I had been charged by them for another basket that I don’t want. I’m unable to change the meals they selected and I’m stuck getting food that I do not want and won’t use since I’m now using a company I’m MUCH happier about. And of course, their customer service line is only open from 10am-6pm ET Monday-Friday. Quite frankly, I’m appalled by the way Blue Apron handles their business practices and I will NEVER purposely buy anything from them again.

Original review: April 5, 2018

We have used Hello Fresh for a few months, and decided to try Blue Apron as it seemed to have more options. The first meal was rather simple to make, very few ingredients and smelled amazing. The taste was rather bland, the second meal, the produce had already gone bad. It tasted bland and left a very over processed taste in your mouth. The third meal was over salty, I had to use all my own produce again, because theirs had rotted.

We received this on Saturday, and the produce was bad by Sunday... my husband and I understand things can happen, so we were discussing meal too if we were going to use it again. We were supposed to have until Monday to decide. However, by Sunday we were already charged. The only positive thing I feel is that the meals are simple.

However, the packaging is not as organized, the food cannot be very fresh if it is rotting two days after getting it, and the tastes are not very good, you also need to be careful on them charging you, which has never been a concern with HelloFresh. Once we successfully get it canceled we will no longer be using this service, I saved more money and made better food on my own, it removes all convenience.

Original review: April 5, 2018

I ordered two weeks of this and two weeks of HelloFresh. By far Blue Apron was disgusting. I couldn’t wait to get my food. When I tasted it my whole family of 4 was disappointed. Everyone complained. I then ordered more weeks of HF. I tried to cancel by email twice with no luck, two days ill. Call you later. I received an email to cancel on my desktop. Luckily I have a desktop. If you need a discount from HelloFresh you can use mine. $40 off. You’ll love it. Can’t cook anything wrong and it’s tasty. Really tasty. I look forward to cooking each day. I use it for 6 meals a week. I’ve not tried the classic plan and I’m waiting on it. But so far the family plan is awesome. Oh the pro- my order arrived a day early and they take Apple Pay.

Not sure about Blue Apron?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Meal Delivery Service for you.

Blue Apron expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2012 in New York City, Blue Apron delivers fresh ingredients and recipes to customers who then prepare and cook the food themselves. The company also offers a monthly wine subscription of six wines with pairing notes.

• Hormone-free: Their high-quality food is all free of hormones and antibiotics.

• Hormone-free: The food portions are all under 1,000 calories for those seeking to limit their caloric intake.

• Unique recipes: The recipes they provide are unique and never repeated during the year.

• Customizable: Taste preferences and dietary restrictions are taken into account when a customer's menu is planned.

• Wine and kitchen utensils: They offer an additional wine service and also sell kitchen utensils for convenience.

• Farm-fresh: Their food is purchased from smaller farms to help promote economic growth.

• Best for: Busy individuals and families, those interested in expanding their cooking skills and wine lovers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Blue Apron Company Information

www.blueapron.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business