Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.49/5

Blue Apron Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Apron?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Apron?

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

On my path to becoming totally vegetarian, I chose this particular dish because I’m looking for recipes to keep me inspired and this one (plus others) is perfect! South Indian Squash Curry w/Jasmine Rice was fairly easy and quick, but mostly delicious! The spice blend packet was everything I wanted & I even learned how to properly cut up a butternut squash! A dish that inspires me, tastes wonderful, is good for me, and where I learned something new is a win X FOUR! Sincerely cannot wait to try my next vegetarian dish, which will either be Black Bean & Zucchini Enchiladas w/Cheddar Cheese OR Cheesy Focaccia Pizza w/Brussels Sprouts & Caramelized Onion! YUMMM!! SO happy I have this service to get me and keep me on the path to much-improved eating habits!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

When I first tried Blue Apron recipes I loved them very much, but then I noticed that the calories were very high with all the sauces they included in their recipes, so I stopped receiving my weekly orders and moved them to every other week and now I have completely stopped, but do like to order them every now and then. If the calories weren't that high, I would definitely continue ordering.

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2021

I can’t say enough about how Blue Apron has improved our lives. My husband can follow simple directions to make meals. The variety of food is great and it has forced us to try so many different grains and spices we never would have discovered on our own. We are very happy with the meals and the quality of the ingredients.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My home was burned to the ground and my insurance moved me into an apartment... I had limited cooking supplies, spices etc... I found having everything I needed delivered very, very helpful... There are a few recipes I still make even though I am now in a home. I almost always needed to add more veggies and a salad to most meals... Add more veg for health factor!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Before using this meal kit service I had limited cooking experience. I signed up for two meals of two servings per week. I am used to good food and considered to be a picky eater. I have now cooked 50 meals and with only one or two exceptions they were all excellent to outstanding. Unlike another meal service that I tried every ingredient is provided (except salt, pepper, and olive oil). If, for example, 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar is required it will be provided in a small bottle. There are usually four or five meal choices to select from a week in advance. I use their Android app. The delivery packaging is sensible, and the ice pack once thawed, is drain safe so you don't have to haul it out to the trash. In one shipment there were some minor ingredients missing. When I called their customer support they did not charge me anything for that meal.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2021

I felt compelled to create an account on ConsumerAffairs to write about my negative experience to warn other customers. When I signed up for my account, I had $100 off over 5 deliveries, an average of $20 off per delivery to $39.94. I canceled my account due to poor ingredients and recipes not tasting good. The next day after cancelling, Blue Apron continued to charge me. They charged me $59.94. I asked, "Why did you charge me after I canceled?" They said it was because I had that week of meals selected for delivery. You know, when you sign up, you select your meals for the next 4-6 weeks ahead of time? So they were basically saying that even though I canceled my account, I had meals selected and scheduled for delivery, so they continued charging!

And what’s even more ridiculous is that, since I canceled my account, I lost the -$20 bonus, so the charge was $59.94 instead of $39.94. When I complained to customer service they shouldn’t have charged me after canceling, they said no refunds or credits can be given. So before you cancel, first PAUSE ALL YOUR DELIVERIES OR DELAY THEM FOR THE NEXT SEVERAL WEEKS, and then cancel. BECAUSE THEY WILL CONTINUE TO CHARGE YOUR ACCOUNT EVEN AFTER YOU CANCEL, as they had done to me.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

I have received 3 damaged shipments from this company. One meal arrived with raw chicken leaking and the entire meal had to be thrown out. Each time they refused to refund my money and only give a credit to buy more of their product, which continues to arrive damaged with items that can not be used.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

Every single week. EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. There is something wrong with my order. On top of that, EVERY SINGLE WEEK they send me the WRONG MEALS!! I literally hate Blue Apron. When you try to deal with Customer Service, (IF) they respond they are completely worthless and provide absolutely zero solution to any problems. If you see this, this is your warning not to spend money with this company.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2021

Delicious and diverse recipes. Dependable. Responsive. Preparation has become even easier over the years. Long time customer. Customer service is responsive. Company interested in your experience. Fresh ingredients.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

I really enjoy Blue Apron meal delivery. The reason why is that it takes to guess work out of cooking a delicious meal, and buying everything you need to make it comes ready to start preparing. The portion sizes are fulfilling too. And I love how I get introduced to different flavors I never would have thought to eat before.

Blue Apron author review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2012 in New York City, Blue Apron delivers fresh ingredients and recipes to customers who then prepare and cook the food themselves. The company also offers a monthly wine subscription of six wines with pairing notes.

• Hormone-free: Their high-quality food is all free of hormones and antibiotics.

• Hormone-free: The food portions are all under 1,000 calories for those seeking to limit their caloric intake.

• Unique recipes: The recipes they provide are unique and never repeated during the year.

• Customizable: Taste preferences and dietary restrictions are taken into account when a customer's menu is planned.

• Wine and kitchen utensils: They offer an additional wine service and also sell kitchen utensils for convenience.

• Farm-fresh: Their food is purchased from smaller farms to help promote economic growth.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team