2. Shopping
  3. Meal Delivery Service

2.8/5 (500 ratings)

About Blue Apron

Blue Apron Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Apron?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Blue Apron?

Original review: March 14, 2021

I decided to try Blue Apron when I saw a good deal. The meals are decent to excellent, easy to follow instructions for a fairly novice cook like myself. You'll want to pay close attention to how frozen the various meats are when you get your box as some meat and fish arrive fully frozen & will need some time to thaw before that meal can be prepared. I like the variety of starches their meals include - sometimes rice, sometimes pasta, sometimes orzo or farro, and I like that rather than have you cook with sugar & vinegar, they'll have you cook with raisins & olives to get those flavors in your food.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

On my path to becoming totally vegetarian, I chose this particular dish because I’m looking for recipes to keep me inspired and this one (plus others) is perfect! South Indian Squash Curry w/Jasmine Rice was fairly easy and quick, but mostly delicious! The spice blend packet was everything I wanted & I even learned how to properly cut up a butternut squash! A dish that inspires me, tastes wonderful, is good for me, and where I learned something new is a win X FOUR! Sincerely cannot wait to try my next vegetarian dish, which will either be Black Bean & Zucchini Enchiladas w/Cheddar Cheese OR Cheesy Focaccia Pizza w/Brussels Sprouts & Caramelized Onion! YUMMM!! SO happy I have this service to get me and keep me on the path to much-improved eating habits!

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

When I first tried Blue Apron recipes I loved them very much, but then I noticed that the calories were very high with all the sauces they included in their recipes, so I stopped receiving my weekly orders and moved them to every other week and now I have completely stopped, but do like to order them every now and then. If the calories weren't that high, I would definitely continue ordering.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

My home was burned to the ground and my insurance moved me into an apartment... I had limited cooking supplies, spices etc... I found having everything I needed delivered very, very helpful... There are a few recipes I still make even though I am now in a home. I almost always needed to add more veggies and a salad to most meals... Add more veg for health factor!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Before using this meal kit service I had limited cooking experience. I signed up for two meals of two servings per week. I am used to good food and considered to be a picky eater. I have now cooked 50 meals and with only one or two exceptions they were all excellent to outstanding. Unlike another meal service that I tried every ingredient is provided (except salt, pepper, and olive oil). If, for example, 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar is required it will be provided in a small bottle. There are usually four or five meal choices to select from a week in advance. I use their Android app. The delivery packaging is sensible, and the ice pack once thawed, is drain safe so you don't have to haul it out to the trash. In one shipment there were some minor ingredients missing. When I called their customer support they did not charge me anything for that meal.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2021

Beware if you’re trying to use their promo codes. They say they’ll take money off first four boxes, but once you cancel to avoid the fifth box, they charge you full price and refuse to respond to any emails as to why they didn’t use the unused credits. Also 3 out of my 4 boxes had ruined food because the gel freezer inserts leaked so I had to throw out anything that wasn’t in a sealed bag.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2021

Never once have their recipes disappointed. The chefs are so advanced and it's like eating high end restaurant food. They take their time to put these tasteful recipes together and send all the ingredients with easy to follow instructions.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2021

The food is significantly worse than the other services we have tried. And, when you go to cancel the website loops you away from settings and back to the order page. The customer service phone line answers, puts you on hold, informs you that you will need to wait a long time, and when they finally answer, they hang up. They will not let you cancel. Awful. Avoid at all costs.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

I’ve used Blue Apron for about two months. No real problems until yesterday when my box wasn’t delivered; it came today, a day late. Ice was melted. Meat was warm and gross. No response from support.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I canceled my Hello Fresh account so easily when I needed to. Just went to their website and clicked. Blue Apron? It took me three tries to just get the cancellation instructions. You have to actually email them to get cancellations instructions, and then I didn't even hear a word back during the first two attempts. Here's the cancellation instructions for anyone who may need them. I won't be using Blue Apron in the future. 1. Sign into your Blue Apron account, and access your Account Settings here: https://www.blueapron.com/account#settings/account. 2. Head to the ‘Account Info’ section of your Account Settings and click ‘Edit’. 3. In the pop-up window click on the ‘Manage Status’ link, then follow the cancellation instructions. You’ll have the option to cancel Meals Only, Wine Only, or Both Meals & Wine.

Blue Apron author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 2012 in New York City, Blue Apron delivers fresh ingredients and recipes to customers who then prepare and cook the food themselves. The company also offers a monthly wine subscription of six wines with pairing notes.

• Hormone-free: Their high-quality food is all free of hormones and antibiotics.

• Hormone-free: The food portions are all under 1,000 calories for those seeking to limit their caloric intake.

• Unique recipes: The recipes they provide are unique and never repeated during the year.

• Customizable: Taste preferences and dietary restrictions are taken into account when a customer's menu is planned.

• Wine and kitchen utensils: They offer an additional wine service and also sell kitchen utensils for convenience.

• Farm-fresh: Their food is purchased from smaller farms to help promote economic growth.

Blue Apron Company Information