2.5/5 (84 ratings)

About bistroMD

Plans from bistroMD provide meals for either seven or five days per week. You can choose all three meals per day or only lunches and dinners for those days. Meals contain a healthy combination of complex carbs, fiber, protein and fats to help you lose weight. Dieters also get guidance and support to help reach their weight loss goals.

Pros

• Cancel any time
  • Wide selection
  • Flexible plans

Cons

• Long hold times for customer service
  • Not everyone likes the taste

Bottom Line

Meal plans from bistroMD are developed by dieticians. Select from programs designed for men and women, plus plans for heart health, menopause, diabetic-friendly plans and gluten-free diets.

bistroMD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about bistroMD?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about bistroMD?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I wish I would have found this site before placing my order. In web searches BistroMD is always in the top 10 recommendations. I have been trying different services, just seeing which ones I like and would like to stay with a few months. This one has been the worst. Food is bland, tasteless and you are always hungry. It is really high carbs too. I am not a low carb person, but lots of carbs. Food does come frozen, but you need to thaw in the fridge, at least the day before. So far out of the 4 I have tried, the one that arrives fresh at your door a couple times a week has been the best tasting and filling. Whoever came up with these meals might be a scientist, but not a cook.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

They are an awful company who sent me warm melted food. The meat was warm and they did not provide any insulation. This company is complete fraud. They deleted my review and photos on Facebook. They denied anything wrong. They tried to cover it up. I even messaged the CEO with no response or apology. I finally had to contact the health department. DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU WANT FOOD BORN ILLNESS!!

Original review: May 29, 2020

Do Not order from this company. I will try and keep this as short as possible. So I signed up for their three meals for five day plan at $179.00. I submitted my billing and shipping address which are different from each other. Upon review when I received the email the shipping address was correct. First of all I was suppose to get the shipment the following Wednesday but it was not shipped until Friday. On Wednesday when I received the second confirmation email for the shipment they had somehow switched the addresses. Which meant the package was shipping to the billing address an old house where no one lives.

I called Fed Ex. They stated they had not received it yet only the label had been created. I called Bistro MD. They were useless, said they could not change it. I waited until fedex received the package. They were very helpful and willing to change the address or hold the package at their facility for pickup, but guess what? Useless Bistro MD put a restriction on it so the address could not be updated and it could not be held for pickup and only they can authorize a change.

I called bistro md back to see if they would call fed ex. No answer. Left voice mail. Only thing fedex could do was return to sender which they did. Bistro MD called me back finally and I let them know the issue. Their mistake but guess what – they refused to give me a refund, claimed they could not even though it is going back to them and I am not receiving anything. They also charged me for the second shipment that day even though I had not even received the first one. Cancelled my subscription and they claimed even though the second shipment is not scheduled to ship for over another week they can cancel but they cannot stop the second shipment or refund. Needless to say I have filed a fraud report with my debit card company to try and get both charges reversed.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I tried the food for three weeks and was not satisfied with the portions, which do not look like the photos. I had to add extra steamed vegetables to each meal to feel satisfied. I have not eaten so much trans fat, cholesterol, or sodium in the past two years. After using the WW diet and learning about good food, I did not find this very good. I don't like to cook and thought this would be more convenient, which it is. I did not approve of the snacks provided for an additional $28 a week. The cost is way more than it's worth. At $209. a week for 20 meals and still feeling hungry, I did not find it economical.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I ordered a week with a discount code. Their shipping was slow, the food is not outstanding, it's just like a dinner bought in a grocery store. I found some of them uneatable. Way too expensive for what they offer. I canceled my membership and second order.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I’ve tried Bistromd a few times for around a month at a time. Two separate times they sent me completely different meals than what I ordered. The first time I was doing five days of three meals with two snacks a day and 16 of my 25 items were wrong. At this time they apologized and said they’d credit my account for the amount that was wrong. They never do. This time when I started it up again with the same plan I got ONE meal and THREE snacks correctly and everything else was wrong, including a ton of seafood, which made me feel like they were just using me to get rid of unpopular meals that have been sitting around.

I contacted customer service asking to be refunded and they said I did not make changes in time for the deadline (which is NOT true as the dates the meals were said to be planned for was this week in question), but I have no proof and they are refusing to refund me. It's very frustrating because this plan has helped me lose weight and I would continue it if I didn’t feel like I was throwing around $170 a week on meals I won’t eat. This company made me feel like they don’t care about me, just the bottom line, by sending me unpopular meals they need to get rid of just to make a ton of money off of me. It’s not worth it. Don’t use this company!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Last summer I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes. Meal planning, shopping and preparation was daunting to me. As and a widow and 67 years old, I just no longer wanted to deal with all that, so just didn't know what I was going to do. I tried Nutrisystem (so awful there are no words for it). Then I found BistroMD, and what a relief! The meals arrive promptly after ordering via FedEx with dry ice and I enjoy 2 meals daily simply by using my microwave. I cannot say enough about how much I enjoy this diabetic program (Silver Cuisine), not only for the ease and convenience, but for the absolutely delicious food and the selections I have to choose from. This company is so responsive and friendly when you reach out to them for any problem.

The cost may seem prohibitive for some, I being no exception - but by the time I calculated what the food I was buying at the grocery cost, and how much of it I ended up throwing away, the delicious selections available and the fact that my A1C has gone down significantly far outweigh the cost. I do have to cut corners in other areas of my life, but am happy to do so for the health benefits - not only the results I see in my blood tests, but I just generally feel so much better overall.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I found BistroMD because I wanted a complete meal program that was designed to help me lose weight and make it so that I never had to decide what to eat for myself or balance my own nutritional intake. It seemed like everything I was looking for. I was wary because I've tried other meal delivery services where I didn't actually like the food at all, but I read enough positive reviews of BistroMD to give it a try.

It has surpassed my expectations completely. I've had over 2 weeks worth of food now - that includes 3 meals and 2 snacks per day - and almost all of it is delicious. And this is coming from someone who dislikes vegetables and pretty much never eats them if another choice is available - these veggies are good. Not only that, but I haven't been feeling hungry. The first couple days were the hardest, but after that, I've been able to eat nothing but this food and feel fairly satisfied. Other diet plans - or grocery store frozen meals - I eat it and then feel hungry again an hour later. With this, even the snacks are good for at least 2-3 hours before I feel the need to eat again.

I can't say enough about how pleased I am. I have always had a hard time calling "healthy" meals good, but these really are. I look forward to eating them every day - and this is another great point. I have now seen 5 total menus and haven't had a single main meal repeated. Not a single one. For someone who needs variety and can't stand the thought of eating the same thing multiple days in a row, this is so great. If you're like me and need someone to tell you exactly what to eat in order to stick to a diet, I highly recommend trying this. I can now lose weight putting in no effort whatsoever - no planning, no shopping, no cooking, no food diaries - just unpack the box and heat the meals in the microwave - and I'm genuinely enjoying the food while doing it.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2019

I put an order in for my elderly mother, who requires special meals for her heart. When two weeks passed without a delivery, I called Bistro MD & was told,

"Oh sorry ... we cancelled your account because we didn't have a full name for the customer". I did not receive a phone call, an email NO CONTACT WAS MADE WITH ME, WHATSOEVER to tell me any of this. We were simply dismissed by this company, because they didn't feel like following through. I cannot stress enough, how angry I am over this horrible handling of a customer account. They have lost our business and we will be sure to let others know about how inept and uncaring they are.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2019

The food is horrible and their shipping policy doesn't work at all. I ordered my first delivery and it wasn't delivered until Monday of the following week. I tried the food and didn't like it at all. On the same day, Monday, I went to my on-line account and cancelled my account. On Tuesday I received an email saying my net shipment was in pre-shipment status. The tracking number had been created by FedEx but it had not been shipped. I called them and the operator told me that because it was done on-line I couldn't cancel but that if I had called in person I could have cancelled it. How in the world was I supposed to know that? Now I am going to be stuck with 20 meals that are inedible. I definitely would not recommend this company.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I recently signed up for the meal plan through BistroMD and Love it! It is convenient, great tasting food and snacks. If you follow the directions about putting your food in the refrigerator 12 to 24 hours for each day's meal, the food when heated is delicious! It's super convenient especially for lunch and dinner when you work 10 hour work days. The 1st week I lost 5 pounds! Looking forward to continue this plan to hit my ideal weight goal. The promotion for the 1st week is great. After that it is a bit pricey but worth it for the taste, packaging, delivery and healthy options. It is definitely worth giving it a try.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

I was contacted by the shipping company for BistroMD who was not able to find my home. They had returned the box to the central warehouse. The central warehouse called me the next morning and told me that they did in fact find my location but would not be able to deliver until late that afternoon. They let me know that the box had been in route since Monday and delivery was scheduled for Thursday evening. Since it was perishable, it was their recommendation that I refuse it and call BistroMD to set up a replacement or refund. I agreed.

When I called BistroMD, they informed me that somewhere along the way I had agreed to receive ALL packages no matter what even though they had verified my information with the carrier. Refusing was not an option even under the circumstance of a risk of spoiled food. They offered to refund 50% of the cost of the food. The lady I talked to was rude. Kept referring to their policy of never refusing. I am extremely disappointed. It is said that good customer service is hard to find. And that is certainly true with BistroMD. Apparently, they prefer customers to eat spoiled food rather than lose any profit.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

I received a nice flyer with a promotional offer and thought, what do I have to lose? The answer in my case is I lost a couple hundred dollars. The first week, my promo week, was full of learnings and mostly disappointments. The website could have made the low-carb options clearer, but I struggled through the app nonetheless and made my selections. Problem solved - right? Nope, when the customer service person received my email inquiry on low carb options, they reset the entire menu and it lost ALL of my tedious selections. So, I wasted another 30-minutes making selections again.

Problem solved - right? Nope, when I emailed customer service about desiring to drop the snacks from my program, guess what they did, reset my selections once again. So guess what happened? I lost all of my selections and ended up with items I would not have selected. My selections were clear and should have been saved or recreated regardless of the account changes. So now after my second shipment and the same issues, I now have a freezer full of frozen dinners that I will never try base on the fact they do not fit my dietary needs or preferences. I have emailed customer service for a refund or return option but have not received any response.

Now let’s talk about the handful of meals that I did try and eat. The first, chicken broccoli bake, it full of gristly-chicken and mushy rice with no flavor and resembles a porage texture. I emailed customer service on that one and they responded, "sorry you didn't like it". I'm not joking. For my delivery after that email, they sent me another one as their selection for me replacing my other selections. The buffalo chicken frozen meal isn't bad, and the salmon dishes were all of decent quality, taste, and size. The turkey dishes are bland, flavorless, small, and not satisfying. The dozen other meals will remain in my freezer until I hear back from BistroMD how to return for a refund since they were not my selections.

I have cancelled my account due to a poor experience with the website, customer service, and food quality. I did send one email last Friday requesting a return/refund for the dozen meals that I did not select. I have not received a response yet but if they do respond and provide a fair resolution then I will update this review to update others. I like seeing businesses pop-up to help bring healthy food options to busy people. I hope this business can determine how to provide that but from my 2-weeks experience they did not deliver a good solution from my perspective. Let's hope they take this criticism, provide a good solution, and make the necessary adjustments to improve their product, web application, and customer service. Despite these poor

Original review: July 23, 2019

BistroMD is outstanding. The meals taste great, portions are generous, the variety is sophisticated and phenomenal, preparation a snap -- could not ask for better. I'm on the diabetic program, and I'm amazed how their dietitians have put together satisfying meals with carbs so reasonable and protein so high. This is light years beyond Lean Cuisine in so many ways. Keeping a regular, healthy meal schedule to control blood sugar levels is challenging, and can be exhausting -- "diabetes fatigue" is a real thing. BistroMD really lightens the burden, and is a very good value for all you're getting.

Also outstanding support and advice available that really does make a difference, without demanding effort over-and-above using the meal plan. (Sure, there are a couple meals that fall into the "meh" category for me, but no big deal. I've cut back on # meals delivered to allow for some personal flexibility, i.e., breakfast of Greek yogurt/oatmeal in place of fairly heavy use of eggs in plan meals. But these are quibbles. Just including them so that you know my praise is with a critical eye.) My highest recommendation.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I don’t even like having to give this service a full star! My boxes arrived today with hot spoiled foods. I promptly called their customer service and after a very long drawn out discussion and being placed on hold a lot for lengthy time periods I was told they must research things then get back to me in a week or two. Seriously? So they may or may not refund or replace my things but in the meantime I’m out hundreds of dollars on orders I must throw away! This company is disgusting to treat customers this way. I understand they may very well be used to getting false complaints but they clearly didn’t wish to even discuss this with me today.

I actually had to bribe someone to cart off this smelly mess to a dumpster because I wasn’t about to let it stink up my house through the entire weekend and I wasn’t willing to place smelly spoiled hot meals in my clean freezer in the meantime. I started this out today willing to accept a replacement but after this I only want a refund because I lack any trust that they value customers! I would rather get a full refund and take my business elsewhere to a place that is better to customers and actually values them!

Original review: June 22, 2019

Fresh food plan created by registered dietitians and prepared by chefs is what they promise. Old, tasteless carb laced meals is what they deliver. What women approaching menopause could eat bagels, crepes, rice and pasta at every meal and maintain their weight much less lose? The reviewer who said meals are predominantly protein and plenty of veggies with limited carbs is not being truthful. The protein that is there is dried out and overcooked. These meals are not fresh, some have been frozen for a long time.

One major point of contention is that the cancellation date for the following week occurs before you even get your first delivery. That is a practice of a company that must get a lot of cancellations and wants to guarantee themselves at least two weeks of business. Finally, what they advertise you will be receiving for the week is not what you actually receive. Steer clear. $10 a meal for 10 oz of uneatable food is like throwing money away. Go to the hot bar at Whole Foods and get a couple of rotisserie chickens and a couple of pounds of fresh veggies and you will definitely come out ahead.

Original review: June 18, 2019

Recently began using the food service called BistroMD. The isn’t the best but not bad. They say you can put it on hold whenever you need to but watch out! When I tried to to put my service on hold got an astral week I didn’t want. They said I missed the the deadline. Then they realized I didn’t miss the the deadline but wait they go by eastern time. I live in the central time zone. I’m currently fighting them now. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: June 3, 2019

My daughter bought this for me after I was in the hospital. She cancelled it and they still sent out two more weeks of meals and billed me 139.90 TWICE after the cancellation. I called customer service but they did not resolve the problem.

Original review: May 6, 2019

The food ranges from absolutely terrible to tolerable but not tasty. Three days after receiving my first delivery I cancelled my service and sent the company a note with my feedback. Their response was to add garlic powder and try other dishes. No thank you, I’m done and will probably trash the remaining food. Besides the bad taste it is highly processed and the ingredients appear to be poor quality.

Original review: May 6, 2019

This may not be a fair review as I’m only one meal in and I can’t eat it. It’s the turkey sausage and egg breakfast sandwich. I’ve eat 1/2 of it and that’s all I can force myself to eat. It makes me gag and I can’t even tell you what it is other than the smell and the taste. I’m so disappointed. I needed this to work for me but if you don’t like the taste you’re just not going to eat it and probably make poorer choices afterwards. I tried the plan for menopause, once I tasted it, I know I should have researched it more before buying.

I searched online for more info and found Consumer Affairs. If you can’t smell and have no taste buds this might work for you. But if that’s the case you wouldn't have found BistroMD because you wouldn’t have an eating issue, probably. I do hate to write negative reviews but people will want to know how it tastes. I’ve canceled too late and my second week will be shipped soon. As I said, this may not be a fair review only being a single meal in. I will attempt lunch and dinner and if I need to change this review I will.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I would not recommend this company to my worst enemy. The food I received was completely unacceptable. Some of it was uncooked even after reheating and some meals were actually rotten to the point that they smelled so bad I couldn't even throw them out in the house. The food that was edible, can be compared to cardboard both in taste and quality. Nothing about this meal plan is fresh. I contacted customer service immediately after discovering this and never received a response. I had to reach out 2 more times and only got a response back when I told them I was going to the Better Business Bureau. At that point, they put the blame back on me and told me they wouldn't issue a refund. The company has a "satisfaction guarantee" but apparently that doesn't help protect unsatisfied customers.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I have recently begun with BistroMD and I have found not close to or ALMOST what I was on the search for, for pretty much years. I FOUND EXACTLY what I had been looking for. I DON'T care to cook. I DON'T care to plan and balance and coordinate calories and proportions and on and on. I know me, I WON'T stick to it. This has been EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED and I LOVE it. The packaging is hands down the BEST I've ever experienced. Your food will NOT arrive half thawed or warm. It is FROZEN SOLID! It is always arriving when they say. It is easy to substitute a meal you don't care from one of the over 100 other entrees. I recently realized I am even allowed to use breakfast as a lunch or dinner. AWESOME!!!

I'm a breakfast lover any time of day. Okay, someone said these are bland. They are NOT correct. I am LOVING the flavors. The last thing you could call this food is bland. I put mine on a plate and turn off TV and leave phone alone and I would swear a waiter just brought me out good restaurant food. For me being the only diner in my home-I am SAVING MONEY. I usually spend way too much at grocery store AND TOSS 1/2 of it as it spoils before I get to it. When you call to ask any questions they are the friendliness support staff you will ever encounter. My assistant and I laughed and giggled the entire call. Nope--I'm not a paid reviewer. That is unethical to me. I am very honest when I recommend products to friends and strangers. I cannot stand bad products and am upset when someone points me down a bad path. Don't know what else to say. This is hands down a FANTASTIC SERVICE!!!

I don't even understand why people bother with getting a box full of ingredients for same price and have to spend an hour preparing 3 items or more just to eat. NO THANKS. This is way to go! Oh! You WILL BE FULL AFTER YOUR MEAL!!! Guarantee. Drink your water as well but I promise you that you will be full and not get hungry between meals and there are snacks if you do. Last night I had turkey and I promise it tasted like I pulled out some fresh Thanksgiving turkey. Okay, hope this helps. I will return in a few weeks to review the weight loss aspect. I AM choosing to exercise in addition, as I was before I began plan so I will continue. I'm talking average exercise, not gym rat craziness. My cousin is considering this and I did agree with her that the web page can seem overwhelming but if you just slowly go through it, it becomes SUPER practical and easy and you can email, text or call them to boot.

If you're serious about beginning this plan or any other, you SHOULD be willing to take time to kind of study the website. GOOD LUCK to everyone. I am 100% positive that in 2 months I will be at goal weight and probably be very sad when I sign off of BistroMD. Who knows- it's SO easy and healthy I may just stay on it anyway--goal weight aside!!! LOVE BISTROMD!!! LOVE.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Biggest gripe is that bistroMD meals are super bland if you don't add salt or spices...and vegetarian meals are disgusting and rely heavily on soggy, slimy okra and eggplant. Each bistroMD meal costs about $10 dollars and you could easily get equally nutritious and better tasting frozen food from the supermarket for half the price.

Additionally, if you don't stay on top of customizing your bistroMD selections, they will slowly begin to send you more and more meals that no one else will intentionally order... The meals that they try to unload on you lean heavily on tilapia, okra, eggplant, and pasta. These meals are basically inedible slop... My dog will eat anything but he won't touch that bistroMD garbage.

Lastly, when bistroMD missed two shipments last month, instead of refunding $380, they just sent double shipments the next week. So, not only do I have to buy my own food the two weeks bistroMD failed to deliver, I also don't have room in the freezer for the double shipments when they actually show up. So like I said, stay on top of bistroMD or they will inevitably try to slip things by you.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

BistroMD is the most amazing meal program that My wife and I have ever experienced. The menus are refreshed to keep our interest. Moreover, we can read all of the ingredients, which are “real foods” and nothing processed. We am totally perplexed as to why a few rate the meals/program below their expectations. The key to prep the entrees is the place items in your refrideration up to two days prior to consuming then follow the cooking instructions. Both my wife and I have tried several other plans and love BistroMd so much more than other plans. With our super busy schedules, this plan totally satisfies our hunger and satisfaction. We own a high volume grocery store and prefer these entrees for ease and freshness. This isn’t to say our store has inferior products, we simply love the simplicity and freshness of BistroMD... Keep up the great work. Real Fresh Food at our doorstep; we thank you for that.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

I am writing this review because some of the negative reviews I read on here almost scared me enough not to give this company a try. Thank goodness I tried them anyway! I have tried many other weight loss company’s foods and by far this is the best! I taste amazing! It’s flash frozen and easy to prepare. Taste very fresh. I think the important thing to realize is important to take your food out of freezer the day or so before and place in refrigerator. I like to heat some of the meals in the oven. The containers say they are oven safe up to 400 degrees. I like to brown some of the breakfast items on the stove as well. I do believe good preparation is key to this product. Freezer to microwave can make any food taste bad and not cook evenly. The ingredients and quality is outstanding too. You can read and pronounce every item. I’m also very impressed with the quantity of food in each meal. I can’t eat it all.

This is a plan I can stay on for a long time as every week there are new food offerings. Its not the same food every week. I love that! My husband has always been down on the frozen and prepackaged meals that most weight loss companies sell. He agreed to give it a try. He absolutely loves it too. We are both so happy to have tried this program. Customer service has been great as well. Packaging is great. Food is delivered in dry ice in a heavy duty box with lots of insulation. No worries there. So, if you read some of the negative reviews and are unsure... try it yourself and you make the decision. I can only say I am so glad I did!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Overall I like the idea of getting a meal made for me by a dietitian to my door and am willing to pay a little more for this, but bistroMD's prices are way too high and their service is not as advertised. I expected to talk to someone who would learn about me, my eating habits and learn my nutritional needs. Instead, I get a meal program like any other that is impersonal and made for the masses. How can a dietitian make meals specifically designed for me when they know nothing about me other than my sex and date of birth?

On top of this, you want to charge me $200 a week for this plan. This is way too much money for the services you are providing. In reality, I can get another meal plan for half that price and use the free App "My Fitness Pal" to get the same computer advice and the ability to watch what I eat. I am extremely disappointed. I think there is a need in America for a program like this, but unfortunately, bistroMD missed the mark. IMHO the meals and "service" are not worth their exorbitant $200 per week fee and I think they know this. Hopefully, they will fix their model and let's see if this review is even published on their website or will they delete it.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I purchased the menopause plan 5 meals per day including a snack. OMG the food is horrible including the snacks. Ok well the breakfast meals were pretty good. I'm eating one now as I am hungry but it's for lunch. The snacks taste like cardboard. The presentation on the website has everything looking really good. I must also say the customer service the few times I had to call or email was great, Hence 2 stars. I really expected to be in this long term. But the lunch and dinner meals did not taste good at all. I cancelled after the first week of food. Also too expensive.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

I have lost 15 pounds so far this year by eating bistroMD for 10 meals each week - lunch and dinner. I think the food is great! Some are not my favorite but there are plenty that I do like a lot. I am a busy 50 year old female, 5'4" and weigh 133 - down from 148. The food is healthy and tasty, and prepared by a nutritionist. They send a FedEx Tracking #, and if I am not at home, it's easy to know when it will be delivered, and when it is on my front porch. The packing is done so well that even with the dry ice melted, the temperature is still frozen. I have tested it with a thermometer and always feel good that the food is safe. I hope to lose another 10 pounds before I go on maintenance, and will continue to use BMD for the taste and convenience.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

The meals from bistroMD are delicious. Some I have tried aren’t to my taste, but the ones I like, I love. The foods are frozen, but if you read the directions, it says to let them thaw 12 hours before microwaving. That improves the taste a great deal. The seasoning is robust and unique enough to stave off boredom. However, I could eat the Beef and vegetable soup with red wine for every meal. Why not just get frozen meals from the grocery store? Because the portions are weighed toward the protein side. There is a lot of protein in each entree, a small amount of carbohydrate, and a generous portion of vegetables. I hate cooked vegetables but they do something to the broccoli that make it very tasty. You get two snacks in addition to the meals each day.

So the other real plus is you get one on one consultations with a dietitian and trainer. If you are at a plateau or as in my case, I could not eat a whole meal to start with, the dietitian will give you advice based onto type of diet you have, your meal choices, and snacks. Exercise is added on week four and a trainer will help you choose things appropriate to your level of activity and strength. The important thing here is if it just about the food, you are not utilizing all the resources to make your weight loss successful. Having professionals to consult makes a big difference if you have been frustrated on other diets.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

The process is complicated and inflexible (food arrives on their schedule and they give you a *three day window* each week which is nonnegotiable). Moreover, meals are frozen on arrival and thus far, tasteless. They are poorer in quality and higher in fat that your standard Lean Cuisine, SmartOnes, or Healthy Choice Fare. They seemed unsurprised when we canceled and didn’t even ask why! I’d recommend against this particular service. Seems more hype than substance...

bistroMD Company Information