3.1/5 (118 ratings)

About bistroMD

Plans from bistroMD provide meals for either seven or five days per week. You can choose all three meals per day or only lunches and dinners for those days. Meals contain a healthy combination of complex carbs, fiber, protein and fats to help you lose weight. Dieters also get guidance and support to help reach their weight loss goals.

Pros

• Cancel any time
  • Wide selection
  • Flexible plans

Cons

• Long hold times for customer service
  • Not everyone likes the taste

Bottom Line

Meal plans from bistroMD are developed by dieticians. Select from programs designed for men and women, plus plans for heart health, menopause, diabetic-friendly plans and gluten-free diets.

bistroMD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about bistroMD?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about bistroMD?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2022

Amanda from Customer Service was extremely helpful and kind today. I forgot to place an order for this week and she graciously helped to update my order. BistroMD’s selection of food choices and quality is excellent. Their variety of food choices is exceptional.

bistroMD response

Kate, thank you for your review! We're glad that Amanda was able to assist you and thrilled to hear that you're enjoying bistroMD. Keep choosing health!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I received excellent customer service from Marcie who answered the phone immediately when I called in. My reason for calling was to update my plan and she answered a couple of questions for me at the same time. I have to say, I love BistroMD, and Marcie definitely put a bow on it with her willingness to help me. Actually, more business could learn from Bistro MD and Marcie for providing outstanding service and amazing food products! Kudos!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Each time I call BistroMD customer service over my own mistakes over ordering or questions about my account, they are handled immediately and with gracious customer service representatives. I have referred this company to many individuals on my mother's healthcare team. Sylvana was my customer rep this morning and took care of my problem immediately giving me sense of relief over my ordering error. Thank you so much Sylvana!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

I have called them several times with some questions and each time Patrick, Chris and others have been very polite and extremely extremely helpful.... If I could afford it I'd continue this program forever..,Thank you all for caring

bistroMD response

Gale, thank you so much for your review! We're thrilled that you're enjoying bistroMD. It's an honor to be part of your wellness!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2022

I called the customer service department because I had questions regarding substitutions in my weekly menus. I am new to the program so I was confused about substituted meals. Marcie was very helpful and walked me through the process explaining how the weekly menus worked. I highly recommend this program, the food is delicious and their customer service is top-notch!

bistroMD response

Welcome to bistroMD, Suzette! We're glad to hear that you're off to a great start! Please don't hesitate to reach out, we're here for you every step of the way!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

Spoke to Emily. She called to check-in, to see how I was doing after a few weeks with BistroMD. Very friendly and took time to answer my questions. Clarified steps to take to switch meals and how to pause the delivery schedule (ie. when away on vacation).

bistroMD response

Marie, we're so glad that Emily was helpful in answering your questions! Thank you for choosing bistroMD. We're honored to be part of your wellness!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

I’ve lost 40 lbs, and bistroMD has made it possible. Best decision I’ve ever made. Everything is perfect. The website, the communication with the company, And most importantly, the food. It is fresh and delicious.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

The meal sent, Beef Bulgogi meatballs, was substituted instead of my ordered diabetic plan Orange Chicken. Called customer service, was assisted by CHRIS. He was very helpful, quite professional and understanding about the issue. A refund was placed on my next bill. This was the only mishap to occur on all my weekly orders since starting the program last July 2. I am very pleased with the loss of 34 pounds, slow and steady. Only a couple of cheats since then, but I am committed to further weight loss, another 20 pound goal. The food is very tasteful, healthy, satisfying and plentiful. Best diet plan I've had.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

My mom was having issues logging into her bistro MD account and she kept messaging me to see if I could help. I tried a few things but quickly realized it was a server issue on the company's side. I called customer support and a gentleman named Chris was there to help me. He was very friendly and while the problem was a strange one, he pretty quickly figured out what it was after some tinkering. It was fixed within a few minutes and then he even made sure my mom had enough time to customize her order before it was shipped out that day, which was above and beyond. My mom was extremely pleased and she had her first couple meals and is really loving it.

bistroMD response

We're thrilled that our team was able to promptly assist you! Thank you so much for your review!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I began with the weekly BistroMD Weekly 5-day 2 meal Plan. After travel and entertaining guest I became overstocked. I am on the SilverCusine a la carte now, and my husband and I are are enjoying the breakfasts and meals…. My interaction with Customer Service has been exemplary...

bistroMD response

Thanks for your review, Leah! We're glad that you're enjoying your experience with us.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I cook for myself which normally works but I don't like cooking seafood so I started ordering it from bistroMD, I find all the seafood meals I order to be good but I especially enjoy the seabass. I will certainly continue to order from bistroMD.

bistroMD response

Thanks for your review, Don! We're happy to take the work off your plate!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2022

I was able to lose over 30 pounds and thereby reduce my diabetic medicine from four pills to two pills. It was a pleasant experience because the entrees were varied and delicious. Talk with Emily. She is a wonderful rep who will guide you through the bistroMD process.

bistroMD response

Congrats on your wellness win, James! We're thrilled that bistroMD has been effective for you. Thank you for sharing your experience!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2022

Great food, good variety and excellent customer service. The variety of food is a plus and the program and website very easy to use. Would highly recommend to those looking for an easy to follow diet with great food.

bistroMD response

Jennifer, thank you for your review! We're glad that you're enjoying the program!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

Emily was the customer service agent who helped me and she was great. I had the 7-day lunch/dinner meal plan with 2 snacks a day. The meals and snacks were delicious. They were decently portioned and I love the variety. They were well-seasoned and very appealing. The only downside is the cost, which I cannot afford at this time.

bistroMD response

Kaitlin, thank you so much for your review! We're thrilled that Emily was helpful to you and you're enjoying your meals. We understand everyone's budget is unique, which is why we offer a variety of program sizes and flexibility to order as needed. We're honored to serve you and be part of your wellness routine!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

I ordered the breakfast, lunch, and dinner -5 days a week plan. The meals arrived neatly packed and frozen. They microwave well and taste great. No additional seasoning needed. It is easy to make swaps of meals I don't want. Customer service reps check up on you to make sure you are satisfied with their service.

bistroMD response

Nicole, thanks for sharing your experience! We're very happy that you're enjoying your meals from bistroMD. Wishing you continued success on your wellness journey!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

Emily was knowledgeable, courteous, and very polite and helpful! We got my menu update sorted out within just moments! She changed my menu options and extended my time to make changes so much quicker on the phone, rather through email! She was just wonderful! I definitely would recommend this company, and their many programs, to anyone who is wanting to eat healthier and live a healthier lifestyle! It's so easy with BistroMD!

bistroMD response

Shelly, we're thrilled that you've had a great experience with bistroMD and truly appreciate your advocacy. Your recommendation is the best compliment! Looking forward to continue serving you and being part of your wellness!

Original review: Sept. 9, 2022

I made the decision to start my program with BistroMD when I knew I needed to re-focus on portion control and what I was eating. Not only has the program worked but I've had a strong customer service experience whether a simple issue with delivery or more importantly as a guide and cheerleader along my journey. So glad I made the move to BistroMD.

bistroMD response

Susan, we're here to cheer you on every step of the way! Thank you for including bistroMD in your wellness routine. We're honored to be part of your success!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

My customer service representative was Patrick. He was amazing! Professional, kind, and very patient. Patrick is an excellent example of what employers should look for in a person representing their company and working with their customers.

bistroMD response

Nancy, thank you for the kind words! We strive to provide the best customer service and product in the industry. Thank you for choosing bistroMD!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

When I called, Chris was very knowledgeable and helpful in steering me in the right direction and help me to cancel a duplicate order and change a few items we ordered... He was very thoughtful and made me feel like I was being heard. I will definitely be ordering more in the future and look forward to being a customer. Thank you Chris for all your help!

bistroMD response

Michelle, thank you for your review! We're glad that you've had a great experience and look forward to continue serving you!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

This is our 1st time ordering from a prepared meal service and Emily made it so easy and answered all our questions. She went above and beyond anything I have ever experience. I called a couple of other prepared meals providers and never received the QUALITY of help and assistance that Emily provided us with BistroMD. Thank you so much Emily for being there for us!

bistroMD response

Claudia, thank you for sharing your experience. We're glad that you're off to a strong start thanks to Emily. It's an honor to serve you!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2022

I’m a new bistroMD customer and needed some help signing up for meals. Luckily, I spoke with Emily in customer service. I was immediately impressed with her energy and friendliness. Great experience! Emily explained meal selection in an easy to understand manner. She also sent me some great information by email. It’s rare to see a customer service person go above and beyond: Emily did. bistroMD is lucky to have Emily on the team!

bistroMD response

We're happy to hear that Emily went above and beyond to assist you! Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing bistroMD!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2022

I don't know how this would compare to any competitors. I did do Freshly for a while (which I do not consider competitive) and Freshly food is infinitely better. I would say I liked perhaps 15% of the food, hated 20%, and the rest was what I expected from a diet food company (no taste as opposed to bad taste). The worst thing about this company is the deadlines. They require 7 - 10 days to make any change in your plan. But they're only sending you a week at a time which means it's impossible to fairly evaluate where you're at and still make the change you want. Either they are blitheringly incompetent or just dishonest. It seems designed to keep you on the hook for at least a week longer than you want.

bistroMD response

Hi there, we're happy to let you know that we're working towards improving the customization experience and delivery timeline, so you can customize your order closer to your expected delivery date. As one of the first meal delivery services being in business for nearly 20 years, we strive to provide the best product and service in the industry and continue to improve based on customer feedback. We hope you choose to try bistroMD again in the future!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I sincerely appreciated Sylvana who assisted on my inquiry. She took care of my issue very efficiently by removing an order that I wasn't comfortable with keeping in place. Huge thanks to this company for their awesome customer service.

bistroMD response

Deborah, we're very glad that you had a positive experience with us! Thank you for your review!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I’ve had great experiences with this company. So many companies nowadays seem to do as little as possible to get by. My experience with this company is that they go far & beyond to assist their clients, their customers, the people that keep them in business. I give props to Patrick for giving me great service particularly. Thank you!

bistroMD response

Gloria, we're pleased that you've had a positive experience with bistroMD. Thank you for allowing us to serve you!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

Customer Agent Patrick was extremely pleasant and spent a great deal of time with me educating me on the program customizing the program that I wanted and Made ordering so easy. I was guided every step of the way on the website, a wonderful experience being involved in this program. Looking forward to receiving my first week.

bistroMD response

Rita, we're thrilled that you're off to a strong start and that Patrick was so helpful to you! We're honored to be part of your wellness routine. Please don't hesitate to reach out with any questions, we're here for you every step of the way. Thank you for your review!

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

I have tried other weight loss programs and so far the food from bistroMD is far superior. The portions are large and the flavors are delicious. Customer service is top notch. They are quick to answer and always ready to answer any and all questions.

bistroMD response

Kathy, thank you so much for your review! We're thrilled that you're enjoying bistroMD. It's an honor to be part of your wellness routine!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2022

I had questions about my meals. Every question was answered quickly and very detailed. Chris was easy to talk to and was able to assist me in all of questions and concerns. Chris showed a concern about my problem and was able to assist me. I would call him again if I had any questions or concerns.

bistroMD response

Linda, we're thrilled that Chris was able to assist you & you're happy with your experience! Thank you for your review and for choosing bistroMD. We wish you continued success on your wellness journey!

Original review: July 18, 2022

I saw some good reviews but should have visited more sites before I ordered. The food is TERRIBLE! Out of the 42 meals I tried, only 2 or 3 were decent. About 6 I could not choke down and had to throw away - slimy texture, tasteless, gooey... disgusting. The rest were only edible if I pan fried them with butter/oil to get rid of the nasty texture and also used a TON of spices in an attempt to improve the flavor. I followed their suggestions - thawing the frozen meals overnight, using an air fryer or a hot logic oven - to no avail. Please save your money and DO NOT ORDER. They have a Facebook support group that you have access to once you buy the food but they DELETE any negative comments. This happened to me multiple times. I suggest buying Fresh & Lean or The Fresh Plan.

bistroMD response

Hi there, we're very sorry that you did not enjoy your bistroMD experience. We strive to provide the best quality products and service in the industry. Every bistroMD meal is crafted in small batches with quality ingredients, and we never sacrifice the quality of our meals to cut costs. We understand that everyone's taste preferences are unique, which is why we offer a wide variety. We're sorry that bistroMD was not the best fit for you.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I purchased 10 low sodium meals for my elderly father with multiple health conditions. He has thrown away everything he's attempted to eat because the food is dry, overcooked and inedible. The salmon and tilapia is leathery and tough. The eggs were dry, the sausage was hard and even trying to put water on the food before reheating it didn't help. The flavors are bland. When I emailed customer service to express my dissatisfaction, I was told that everyone's taste buds are different and that they suggested he add salt to flavor his low sodium meals! I am not sure whose taste buds would enjoy dried up fish for $16. Maybe a cat? This is a much needed service, but unfortunately, Silver Cuisine by Bistro MD is doing a terrible job.

bistroMD response

Alissa, we're very sorry that your father did not enjoy his low-sodium meals. If the texture of the meals is an issue because of microwaving, we strongly encourage to try heating the meals in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes from frozen or 20 minutes from thawed. He may find that works for him! We appreciate you trying our brand and wish you well!

Original review: June 9, 2022

With the exception of the meals including a chicken breast all the other meals are bland and have a strange pet food like texture. Very disappointing. Customer service was rude and not at all helpful. I have used many meal delivery services and was looking forward to a healthy option. It doesn't even matter if it's healthier because you won't want to eat it.

bistroMD response

Barbara, we're very sorry that you're unhappy with your experience. We want to assure you that every bistroMD meal is crafted with high-quality ingredients and balanced nutrition to taste great and be good for you! We're disappointed that you were not satisfied with your experience and will use your feedback to improve. Thank you for trying bistroMD!

bistroMD Company Information