Get Started
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.90/5
Get 25% Off + Free Shipping on Your First Week

Plans from bistroMD provide meals for either seven or five days per week. You can choose all three meals per day or only lunches and dinners for those days. Meals contain a healthy combination of complex carbs, fiber, protein and fats to help you lose weight. Dieters also get guidance and support to help reach their weight loss goals.

BOTTOM LINE

Meal plans from bistroMD are developed by dieticians. Select from programs designed for men and women, plus plans for heart health, menopause, diabetic-friendly plans and gluten-free diets.

PROS

• Cancel any time
  • Wide selection
  • Flexible plans

CONS

• Long hold times for customer service
  • Not everyone likes the taste

Top bistroMD Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about bistroMD?

…. Meal planning, shopping and preparation was daunting to me. As a widow and 67 years old, I just no longer wanted to deal with all that, so just didn't know what I was going to do. I tried Nutrisystem (so awful there are no words for it). Then I found bistroMD, and what a relief! ...

… I can't say enough about how pleased I am. I have always had a hard time calling "healthy" meals good, but these really are. I look forward to eating them every day - and this is another great point. I have now seen 5 total menus and haven't had a single main meal repeated. Not a single one. …

Unsubscribe at any time.

What is bistroMD?

bistroMD is a weight-loss program that sends you frozen, prepackaged meals. When you enroll in the program, bistroMD sends frozen meals to your door each week.

It also offers the support of a dietician, who you can meet with one-on-one or in a group, and weekly updates to help you stay motivated on your weight loss journey. Employees are also available to answer questions on how to live a healthier lifestyle outside of the kitchen.

How much does bistroMD cost?

As of publishing, bistroMD prices start at $97 per week for five lunches and five dinners. Full programs for women cost $142 per week and include seven breakfasts, seven lunches and six dinners per week.

The company offers a 25%-off coupon and free shipping on your first week of meals. Its prices are competitive when compared to buying the range of ingredients needed for fresh, healthy meals each day.

bistroMD plans

bistroMD offers a variety of available plans based on different dietary preferences and needs. Select from the following available programs:

• Women’s Program
    • Men’s Program
    • Heart Healthy Program
    • Gluten-free Program
    • Diabetic-friendly Program
    • Menopause Program

bistroMD’s prepacked meal plans are flexible and don't require a long-term commitment. Once you’ve picked your weight loss program and selected entrees, bistroMD builds a personalized diet plan for you to help you burn fat and live an overall healthier lifestyle.

You can skip any week that you don’t want the meals or put your account on hold. bistroMD has a team of customer service representatives available online and over the phone who can help you cancel.

bistroMD FAQ

Are bistroMD meals frozen?
    Yes, bistroMD meals are made from fresh ingredients and then frozen. They can be heated up and are ready to serve in minutes.
    Can you cancel bistroMD?
    Yes, you can cancel bistroMD or pause your membership. You must cancel before the weekly deadline, however, or you will be charged for that week’s plan.
    Where is bistroMD located?
    bistroMD is headquartered in Naples, Florida.
    Where is bistroMD available?
    bistroMD is available for delivery in all 50 states. However, there are some restrictions for those who live in Alaska, where deliveries are only available in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Eagle River.
    Is bistroMD good?
    Yes, bistroMD offers high-quality food without nitrates and other additives.

Is bistroMD worth it?

bistroMD is good for those who want to lose weight but don’t have time to prepare healthy, nutritious meals. Many customer reviews indicate that you can save time with bistroMD’s prepackaged meals without having to sacrifice the quality of their food. We also like that the food is made without nitrates and other additives.

bistroMD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about bistroMD?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Last summer I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes. Meal planning, shopping and preparation was daunting to me. As and a widow and 67 years old, I just no longer wanted to deal with all that, so just didn't know what I was going to do. I tried Nutrisystem (so awful there are no words for it). Then I found BistroMD, and what a relief! The meals arrive promptly after ordering via FedEx with dry ice and I enjoy 2 meals daily simply by using my microwave. I cannot say enough about how much I enjoy this diabetic program (Silver Cuisine), not only for the ease and convenience, but for the absolutely delicious food and the selections I have to choose from. This company is so responsive and friendly when you reach out to them for any problem.

The cost may seem prohibitive for some, I being no exception - but by the time I calculated what the food I was buying at the grocery cost, and how much of it I ended up throwing away, the delicious selections available and the fact that my A1C has gone down significantly far outweigh the cost. I do have to cut corners in other areas of my life, but am happy to do so for the health benefits - not only the results I see in my blood tests, but I just generally feel so much better overall.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2019

I found BistroMD because I wanted a complete meal program that was designed to help me lose weight and make it so that I never had to decide what to eat for myself or balance my own nutritional intake. It seemed like everything I was looking for. I was wary because I've tried other meal delivery services where I didn't actually like the food at all, but I read enough positive reviews of BistroMD to give it a try.

It has surpassed my expectations completely. I've had over 2 weeks worth of food now - that includes 3 meals and 2 snacks per day - and almost all of it is delicious. And this is coming from someone who dislikes vegetables and pretty much never eats them if another choice is available - these veggies are good. Not only that, but I haven't been feeling hungry. The first couple days were the hardest, but after that, I've been able to eat nothing but this food and feel fairly satisfied. Other diet plans - or grocery store frozen meals - I eat it and then feel hungry again an hour later. With this, even the snacks are good for at least 2-3 hours before I feel the need to eat again.

I can't say enough about how pleased I am. I have always had a hard time calling "healthy" meals good, but these really are. I look forward to eating them every day - and this is another great point. I have now seen 5 total menus and haven't had a single main meal repeated. Not a single one. For someone who needs variety and can't stand the thought of eating the same thing multiple days in a row, this is so great. If you're like me and need someone to tell you exactly what to eat in order to stick to a diet, I highly recommend trying this. I can now lose weight putting in no effort whatsoever - no planning, no shopping, no cooking, no food diaries - just unpack the box and heat the meals in the microwave - and I'm genuinely enjoying the food while doing it.

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.
      Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

I recently signed up for the meal plan through BistroMD and Love it! It is convenient, great tasting food and snacks. If you follow the directions about putting your food in the refrigerator 12 to 24 hours for each day's meal, the food when heated is delicious! It's super convenient especially for lunch and dinner when you work 10 hour work days. The 1st week I lost 5 pounds! Looking forward to continue this plan to hit my ideal weight goal. The promotion for the 1st week is great. After that it is a bit pricey but worth it for the taste, packaging, delivery and healthy options. It is definitely worth giving it a try.

Resolution response: Sept. 4, 2020

BistroMD was wonderful in refunding all my money for these lost meals. They state that they have resolved the dry ice shortage and I am impressed with their Customer Service on this issue.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2020

I started bistroMD in March 2020. I had a fabulous experience up until July 2020 when I could not afford to continue their weekly meal plan. I am on a fixed income and so I began purchasing through their SilverCuisine, a la carte. The month of August, I ordered 3 boxes and each one came one week late and fully defrosted. Since I am on a fixed income, I had budgeted my money expecting these meals. When the boxes came, one week late and completely defrosted I did bake two meals in the oven because I had nothing in my house, and I have difficulty getting to the store. I was sick for one week after eating this, horribly sick. I spent EVERY DAY on the phone the month of August with bistroMD asking if my boxes would be delivered on time.

They assured me they would, When they were NOT, the representatives told me, "there is nothing we can do about it, it is FED EX and there was a fire, it is Covid, etc...." They did refund my money, but what about my time and my health? bistroMD is going to get sued by someone who becomes ill after they send spoiled food to their home. bistroMD should not be promoting food service to seniors when they know the food is not going to be delivered in a usable condition. They did refund my money, but this is outrageous. By the way, I ordered food all of August and not one box came that was not spoiled.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

I wish I would have found this site before placing my order. In web searches BistroMD is always in the top 10 recommendations. I have been trying different services, just seeing which ones I like and would like to stay with a few months. This one has been the worst. Food is bland, tasteless and you are always hungry. It is really high carbs too. I am not a low carb person, but lots of carbs. Food does come frozen, but you need to thaw in the fridge, at least the day before. So far out of the 4 I have tried, the one that arrives fresh at your door a couple times a week has been the best tasting and filling. Whoever came up with these meals might be a scientist, but not a cook.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

They are an awful company who sent me warm melted food. The meat was warm and they did not provide any insulation. This company is complete fraud. They deleted my review and photos on Facebook. They denied anything wrong. They tried to cover it up. I even messaged the CEO with no response or apology. I finally had to contact the health department. DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU WANT FOOD BORN ILLNESS!!

Original review: May 29, 2020

Do Not order from this company. I will try and keep this as short as possible. So I signed up for their three meals for five day plan at $179.00. I submitted my billing and shipping address which are different from each other. Upon review when I received the email the shipping address was correct. First of all I was suppose to get the shipment the following Wednesday but it was not shipped until Friday. On Wednesday when I received the second confirmation email for the shipment they had somehow switched the addresses. Which meant the package was shipping to the billing address an old house where no one lives.

I called Fed Ex. They stated they had not received it yet only the label had been created. I called Bistro MD. They were useless, said they could not change it. I waited until fedex received the package. They were very helpful and willing to change the address or hold the package at their facility for pickup, but guess what? Useless Bistro MD put a restriction on it so the address could not be updated and it could not be held for pickup and only they can authorize a change.

I called bistro md back to see if they would call fed ex. No answer. Left voice mail. Only thing fedex could do was return to sender which they did. Bistro MD called me back finally and I let them know the issue. Their mistake but guess what – they refused to give me a refund, claimed they could not even though it is going back to them and I am not receiving anything. They also charged me for the second shipment that day even though I had not even received the first one. Cancelled my subscription and they claimed even though the second shipment is not scheduled to ship for over another week they can cancel but they cannot stop the second shipment or refund. Needless to say I have filed a fraud report with my debit card company to try and get both charges reversed.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I tried the food for three weeks and was not satisfied with the portions, which do not look like the photos. I had to add extra steamed vegetables to each meal to feel satisfied. I have not eaten so much trans fat, cholesterol, or sodium in the past two years. After using the WW diet and learning about good food, I did not find this very good. I don't like to cook and thought this would be more convenient, which it is. I did not approve of the snacks provided for an additional $28 a week. The cost is way more than it's worth. At $209. a week for 20 meals and still feeling hungry, I did not find it economical.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

I ordered a week with a discount code. Their shipping was slow, the food is not outstanding, it's just like a dinner bought in a grocery store. I found some of them uneatable. Way too expensive for what they offer. I canceled my membership and second order.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I’ve tried Bistromd a few times for around a month at a time. Two separate times they sent me completely different meals than what I ordered. The first time I was doing five days of three meals with two snacks a day and 16 of my 25 items were wrong. At this time they apologized and said they’d credit my account for the amount that was wrong. They never do. This time when I started it up again with the same plan I got ONE meal and THREE snacks correctly and everything else was wrong, including a ton of seafood, which made me feel like they were just using me to get rid of unpopular meals that have been sitting around.

I contacted customer service asking to be refunded and they said I did not make changes in time for the deadline (which is NOT true as the dates the meals were said to be planned for was this week in question), but I have no proof and they are refusing to refund me. It's very frustrating because this plan has helped me lose weight and I would continue it if I didn’t feel like I was throwing around $170 a week on meals I won’t eat. This company made me feel like they don’t care about me, just the bottom line, by sending me unpopular meals they need to get rid of just to make a ton of money off of me. It’s not worth it. Don’t use this company!

bistroMD Company Information