4.46/5
Based on 13 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

bistroMD

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 28, 2017

13 bistroMD Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

The bistroMD diet food delivery service was created by Dr. Cederquist as a customizable diet food delivery service to fulfill the real needs of her patients. With 20 years of real success, they on a mission to help real people achieve real results. The way that bistroMD prepares and presents food makes our tummy have full. But if they could reduce the price and open branches all over the world, it would have been a great success. I would surely recommend BistroMD since they make up freshly prepared food based on calories which is good for diet... Though bit costly they keep to their standards.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

BistroMD has provided me with great meals regularly for a good price and I have enjoyed every meal that I have gotten from them so far. Their meals always taste great and have great nutritional benefits for me. They are the best of these services that I have tried so far. But, they could add some more great tasting and nutritious meals to their already great lineup which would bring in new customers for them. Other than that, I will continue to enjoy their services for a long time into the future.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I like the quality and taste of the food that is delivered to me. I can pre plan my meals according to my schedule and what activities I have planned. It is flavored well, and seasoned well. They accommodate my vegetarian diet, and have many choices of meals to choose from to meet my needs. Organic products are extremely important to me for environmental and health reasons. And they accommodate that for me. It's easy to make meal plans, affordable, and reliable. So if I am going hiking, my meal plan is not something to heat up, but is easily ready to go on a picnic.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

This is an affordable service with great dinner options. Easy to use and very convenient. This was my first time using a service like this. I would highly recommend to anyone in the near future. The prices are a bit high, but so is the quality of the food. The food also takes a while to ship out. It's not same day delivery, which can lower the quality of the food. The food was great and appetizing. I chose this because I got tired of cooking. I came home late every day and needed an easier option. I didn't want fast food, so I looked into other options. Home delivered meals was my final option and I decided to give it a try. It definitely surprised me how well the food tasted.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I like the food provided. I think the boxing was amazing and made the experience even more fun which is saying a lot because it's essentially just a glamorized grocery shopping, but you get a lot for your money because it forces you to try new food. I think that they don't give enough of each option. I don't really have that many complaints other than that and I wish you could customize how much you get of each item more. I picked it for the price and convenience. I also wanted to try it out of curiosity and for fun because I didnt know what else to do with my life. I think it really does give you what it promises.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about bistroMD?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

They offer a really good and fresh food and is easy to go to purchase to their place or call for a delivery services, highly recommend when you need to cook something and don't have time. You can have the food in a good time and really great taste for your family. I wish they have a more wide menu with more options to choose a better interface to do business with them online and they need some promotions for their loyalty customer.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Customer service was very well provided and I enjoy the follow-up message provided before and after the delivery and this made it extremely easy during the ordering process. Text updates should be included to help when awaiting a delivery for on the go customer. This is also great when following up on delivery orders and past orders for consumer review. Online customer reviews provided exceptional feedback with five stars to help in the selection process. This is also helpful when reviewing orders and helping to communicate with an online community.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2017

I like the fact that they have a fast delivery service, along with the food tasting amazing. I think that might be the one most important factor in the whole experience. Ordering a meal pack and waiting too long is just one of the worse aspect of other companies. Sometimes the food can come destroyed or out of place, in pieces or all together come back looking very unappealing. I wish it would look good every time I buy it but that just doesnt happen. But otherwise everything else is pretty good. I would tell them that this service is pretty good. The fact is that they pretty much deliver anywhere. I love to cook the food and taste all the flavor that they serve.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I like the fact that they deliver very fast and in a very timely manner. It's really good and I really like it. The features are great and cool and very innovate. I really like them. There is not any improvements I can recommend except maybe updating their website. It's a bit difficult to navigate and make it easier for people like me. This is a really good meal service. I have ordered from them multiple times with no problems and the food is really good.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

I think that bistroMD is a great food subscription service because it is affordable and they send great recipes in your subscription. The feature that I like most from Bistro is that you get notifications to when you will receive your next delivery. I currently do not have any features that I personally dislike about Bistro. I think that the service is great and the food is really good. I think that it would be cool if they send a bit more food in the subscription box. One of the main reasons I picked this meal delivery service over the other meal delivery services is because most of my friends and family use this service. This service was very easy to use and it was easy to personalize your subscription.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I really love the fact that, despite being a meal plan with a fairly high extent of focus on weight loss, the food tastes great and is comparable to home cooked meals. I would rate the food quality slightly above that of diet-to-go, one of bistroMD's primary competitors. I would argue that the meal plans, the most exclusive of which reach nearly $200 per week, are quite expensive even for a full delivery service. It should be noted that while the meals taste quite good for a meal plan, they are not quite as good as comparably priced restaurant food in terms of taste alone. I selected this meal delivery service due to positive reviews from my friends that also had success losing weight. The customer service was fantastic and met my expectations handily.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

It was delicious and came on time with simple instructions. Packaging was perfect as well. Everything was fresh and clean and yummy. Deliver and ordering was super easy. Simple directions. Even a child could follow them and prepare it with no issues at all. I would order again and again. Would not really care to try anything else.

There's really only so much that can be said about the box and its service. Would not change a thing about the box, food service, packaging or delivery. It was even a great price for the amount of food that came in the box and shipping was awesome as well came fast. It's totally awesome and everyone should try it at least once to try the awesomeness they deliver. I wanted to try something different for dinner so came across this and decided to try it.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

I have been using BistroMD for almost 4 months and I couldn't be happier. I have 20 meals delivered per week and they are all healthy and well portioned. I even have trouble finishing the breakfasts! The menu is vast, which you can easily peruse on their website, and it is also very easy to remove any meals that you wouldn't like from your repertoire. The meals all taste like they were prepared by a good chef without being too "foofy". There are basics like Meatloaf and Turkey with Gravy, diverse tastes like Jambalaya and Chicken Tikka Masala, and even classier meals like Beef Bourguignon and Barramundi Seabass with Sweet Coconut Pineapple Sauce. If you are considering trying a meal plan, try this one. You won't be disappointed. :O)

bistroMD expert review by ConsumerAffairs

bistroMD provides frozen low-calorie meals designed by a certified weight-management physician. The company was founded in 2005 by a physician in Naples, Fla., and delivers to all of the continental United States, Hawaii and parts of Alaska.

• Developed by a physician: bistroMD's weight-loss programs were developed by a weight-management physician, so the foods are scientifically planned and balanced to be ideal for weight loss.
    • Specialized plans: The company offers a variety of plans targeted for men, women, menopausal women, seniors, diabetics and more.
    • Customizable: Customers can pick their own meals based on a program created by a registered dietitian.
    • Expert support: bistroMD's plans come with expert support to help individuals with any problems in achieving their weight loss.
    • Chef-created foods: The menu is planned by a chef to ensure that each frozen meal is unique and delicious.
    • Best for: People trying to lose weight, seniors, menopausal women and those with restrictive diets.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs