3.1/5 (126 ratings)

About bistroMD

Plans from bistroMD provide meals for either seven or five days per week. You can choose all three meals per day or only lunches and dinners for those days. Meals contain a healthy combination of complex carbs, fiber, protein and fats to help you lose weight. Dieters also get guidance and support to help reach their weight loss goals.

Pros

• Cancel any time
  • Wide selection
  • Flexible plans

Cons

• Long hold times for customer service
  • Not everyone likes the taste

Bottom Line

Meal plans from bistroMD are developed by dieticians. Select from programs designed for men and women, plus plans for heart health, menopause, diabetic-friendly plans and gluten-free diets.

Top bistroMD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about bistroMD?

Verified

…. Meal planning, shopping and preparation was daunting to me. As a widow and 67 years old, I just no longer wanted to deal with all that, so just didn't know what I was going to ...

Verified

… I can't say enough about how pleased I am. I have always had a hard time calling "healthy" meals good, but these really are. I look forward to eating them every day - and this i...

What is bistroMD?

bistroMD is a weight-loss program that sends you frozen, prepackaged meals. When you enroll in the program, bistroMD sends frozen meals to your door each week.

It also offers the support of a dietician, who you can meet with one-on-one or in a group, and weekly updates to help you stay motivated on your weight loss journey. Employees are also available to answer questions on how to live a healthier lifestyle outside of the kitchen.

How much does bistroMD cost?

As of publishing, bistroMD prices start at $97 per week for five lunches and five dinners. Full programs for women cost $142 per week and include seven breakfasts, seven lunches and six dinners per week.

The company offers a 25%-off coupon and free shipping on your first week of meals. Its prices are competitive when compared to buying the range of ingredients needed for fresh, healthy meals each day.

bistroMD plans

bistroMD offers a variety of available plans based on different dietary preferences and needs. Select from the following available programs:

• Women’s Program
  • Men’s Program
  • Heart Healthy Program
  • Gluten-free Program
  • Diabetic-friendly Program
  • Menopause Program

bistroMD’s prepacked meal plans are flexible and don't require a long-term commitment. Once you’ve picked your weight loss program and selected entrees, bistroMD builds a personalized diet plan for you to help you burn fat and live an overall healthier lifestyle.

You can skip any week that you don’t want the meals or put your account on hold. bistroMD has a team of customer service representatives available online and over the phone who can help you cancel.

bistroMD FAQ

Are bistroMD meals frozen?
Yes, bistroMD meals are made from fresh ingredients and then frozen. They can be heated up and are ready to serve in minutes.
Can you cancel bistroMD?
Yes, you can cancel bistroMD or pause your membership. You must cancel before the weekly deadline, however, or you will be charged for that week’s plan.
Where is bistroMD located?
bistroMD is headquartered in Naples, Florida.
Where is bistroMD available?
bistroMD is available for delivery in all 50 states. However, there are some restrictions for those who live in Alaska, where deliveries are only available in Anchorage, Fairbanks and Eagle River.
Is bistroMD good?
Yes, bistroMD offers high-quality food without nitrates and other additives.

Is bistroMD worth it?

bistroMD is good for those who want to lose weight but don’t have time to prepare healthy, nutritious meals. Many customer reviews indicate that you can save time with bistroMD’s prepackaged meals without having to sacrifice the quality of their food. We also like that the food is made without nitrates and other additives.

bistroMD Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about bistroMD?

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

My husband and I have been BistroMD customers for over 15 years. The food is excellent and the ability to suspend meals for a few weeks at a time has been wonderful. As long time customers we had been receiving a discount which basically amounts to free shipping. By the time we noted the error on our credit card bill, we had overpaid on 3 shipments. Emily at BistroMD was able to restore the discount and refund our overpayment to our credit card. Over the past years we have received a few shipments with meals that the plastic food containers were busted/cracked during shipment. We notified BistroMD customer service and we were given a refund for each individual meal. This only amounted to 8 meals over the entire 15 years. Excellent product and customer service!

bistroMD response

Becky, we're honored to have been serving your family for the last 15 years! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here. Thank you for choosing bistroMD as your partner in wellness!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I can't adequately describe the excitement I feel having discovered bistroMD. More than anything I feel a sense of hope that I haven't had in a very long time. I just received my first week's program and I'm astounded by the quality of the meals. I'm in disbelief that it's real food that tastes good, is satiating, filling...food that I actually want to eat. Honestly, I'm taken aback that I might have finally found something that is literally going to change my life for the better. I truly feel so grateful...Aside from the food itself the customer service is stellar. I had the privilege of speaking to Emily and she went above and beyond in helping me. Her generous nature, professionalism, kindness, and knowledge epitomize customer service at its best. "Thank You" Emily and bistroMD for what you do.

bistroMD response

We're so excited for you, Betty! Thank you for sharing your experience and for choosing bistroMD. We love knowing how our service helps change lives, and we're honored to be part of your wellness!

Get buying tips about Meal Delivery Service delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Joining any food delivery system requires understanding how that program works for it to be successful. However, when joining a program designed to be nutritionally sound as well as low enough in calories to allow for weight loss, it is essential to understand how the program works and how to use the program to the best of one's ability for positive results.

BistroMD is such a program and this company does a fine job of giving information to help those participating to get the most from the program. This includes having customer service reps who respond by either phone and/or email. Emily is one such rep who stands above others in her heartfelt care in answering questions and offering helpful information to help one succeed. She has followed my thread of emails about certain issues I was working to resolve--and with her help, I was successful. She has repeatedly gone out of her way to provide information about menus, my preference and removal lists and meal choices as well as worked to insure that I found meals I could eat and enjoy. She is extremely knowledgeable and helpful and I can tell she really hopes people using BistroMD succeed. I feel truly blessed that she has worked with me and has my success in the program as her clear intention. Thank you, Emily!

bistroMD response

Kay, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're glad that Emily was so helpful to you. We look forward to seeing your success with bistroMD. It's an honor to serve you!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2022

I've been using bistroMD for a couple of months so that I enjoy better health and to decrease my addiction to sugar. The process works! I get a healthy diet, easy to prepare, no work to figure out what/when/how to eat. I've definitely lost weight (wasn't overweight anyway though a few pounds off wouldn't hurt) and have more energy. Of course it's not the best food! It cuts out the things that make food great - additives, sugar, salt, fat. Given that it MUST do that to be the product it is, it's the price of dieting. And the best reasonable food for healthy diet that I've seen.

Follow the instructions on the package. Take the time to learn which foods you do or do not like (there's plenty I don't like and plenty I do). Know that now you're eating to live, not living to eat. I do the program 5 days a week and eat what I want the other 2. Because of this diet, I eat less when I do eat what I want AND I don't crave as much sugar. It works! You have to sacrifice the butter, etc, to get the results you want.

bistroMD response

Congratulations on your success with bistroMD, Kimberly! We're pleased that you're enjoying the program and seeing these health improvements. Your dedication to your health is inspiring! We're proud of you for creating new healthy habits and sticking to them. Thanks for sharing your experience here!

Original review: April 6, 2022

This meal plan is top notch. I am currently on the 7 day plan with snack. I am amazed by the taste and array of food available from bistroMD. My weight loss has been very steady (16 pounds), and I am completely satisfied throughout the day. I find that my cravings for sweets and wine have completely waned in a very short period of time (6 weeks). The sustainable packaging is amazing, and I find that my food arrives fully frozen every time. It is not inexpensive, but no more costly than meals out, weekly groceries and the average person's trips to Starbucks in a week. If you are in the right mindset for a change, this plan is so easy to follow.

bistroMD response

Robin, thank you for sharing your experience! We're thrilled that you're enjoying bistroMD and seeing great results. Your dedication to your health is inspiring and we appreciate you sharing your journey with others. It's an honor to be part of your wellness routine!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Products I asked not to be sent were sent anyway. First meal I tried to eat all I could eat was the salmon and it was dry and not good. I canceled after the first week because it was not keto friendly at all like advertised and there is no place to click specific foods you can’t eat.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2023

3 of us in the family decided to start a healthy New Year. We all ordered a week's worth of meals, and only 2 of us received meals. They stated the other order “fell through the cracks”. Now the food. It is bland and mushy. My husband, who will eat anything, threw the tilapia down the garbage disposal. Not even sure we will finish the meals. We’ve already ordered from Factor, who is rated higher, and see how they are.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

(1) This company has no customer service. We have tried to skip meals and to cancel our subscription for close to a month now, but that has not been possible. We have emailed multiple times to cancel the service, called (no one picks up), and even messaged via Facebook, but there is no response. They are aware we are incredibly frustrated with their service and that we wish to cancel as they have our emails and my Facebook posts. They have not done anything to reach out or to respond to our request to cancel and to stop charging our credit card.

(2) The meals are unexceptional. There have been a few good ones, but the vast majority are bland, mushy, and some have been almost inedible. Given the quality of the customer service, this delivery service is not worth it. The fact that they have chosen not to respond to our many attempts to correspond with them and that they are continuing to charge my credit card is indeed troubling.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2022

I recently opened an account with BistroMD and placed one order that was received promptly. Due to the lack of flexibility on ordering, I decided to not continue in the program. I asked online that my account be cancelled and received a response saying it had been cancelled. Since that time, I have received a shipment that included nothing I had ever ordered. Today I received an email telling me I would be receiving another shipment tomorrow and it also does not include anything I ever ordered. I have sent the company 22 emails telling them to stop and received no response. Also, I have tried calling and have waited online for at least ten hours with no one answering while having to listen to their ads about how much my time is worth to them so to just contact their consumer affairs office. I can just imagine what the response will be when I refuse to pay them for the unwanted meals.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2022

Bistro MD's customer service rep, Morgan, is simply THE BEST! After talking to several different customer service reps over the course of 2 weeks, she was the only one that actually took the time to research issues on my account, offer options for the short term fix, and followed up to be sure everything worked out. This is the way customer service should always be! Well done Morgan. Thank you!

bistroMD Company Information