Wescom Credit Union

Los Angeles, CA

Compare Banks & Credit Unions

Research top Banks & Credit Unions recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We have been members of Wescom Credit Union for many years. In the last two or three years member service and member support has taken a turn for the worse although there are numerous long time employees of Wescom who are very good and continue to support the members. A lot of the change started around the the time when they changed over to eBranch 3.0. I have made requests for help over two months ago and still I have not received any communication from WesCom. Although they have been a very good credit union in the past, I can't see them staying in business the way they are doing business now.

I have been a member for so many years with Wescom Credit Union but ever since I lost my job and became disabled, I have been treated so badly. Even though I can't pay my loan on time but I still manage to pay with interest and penalty every month, they still manage to block me from looking at my account so I would know how much money I need to transfer to them so I can pay my obligation. I am doing this review for people to read and know better trusting Wescom Credit Union with their financial needs. Don't trust them with your money, not a good idea. If they can do this to me, they can do this to anybody. I couldn't wait to pay them off in 2 years. I will make sure NONE of my friends and family members will have to experience what I had experienced with Wescom. BAD, BAD, BAD business practices. They suck. Never again! No star for this one.

They closed the location in Temecula and it's difficult to make transactions. My account went into collections without any type of customer support. Shame on you. Word of mouth and integrity is key these days.

Denetria ** dispute against Westcom regarding purchase of a 2006 Dodge Charger: I was contacted initially by Superior Auto Sales on 11/17/2006 for a total payment of $34,759.88, payments at $453.54 for 72 months. After $2,100 down, finance charges are $11,599. This contract was assigned to Wescom Credit Union on 11/17/2006, under a binding legal contract. Now that my payoff is nearly due, Wescom is stating because I accrued daily interest due to late charges, I owe over $7,000. I am disputing this amount. Reason for that is breach of contract that was made on initial contract between myself, Denetria **, Superior Auto Sales and Wescom Credit Union purchased in 11/2006. Please investigate my claim of fraud and breaking loan terms of 72 payments only. Thank you, I would like to hear from you soon.

What kind of a bank creates a policy to victimize its own customers and rip them off! Watch out for institutions who claim to be great at customer care. Wescom Credit Union is the worst! Every month I am charged no less than $200 for overdrafts. First off, they never keep an updated record at any given time. The weekends are horrible. If you're short one dollar, Monday you are going to get charged $30.00 and then it's a ripple affect. If you have automatic payments and you are a dollar short, you are going to get charged $30.00 every time they attempt to collect it. This is all legal too. I cannot afford this bank anymore. Last month I was charged a total of $210.00 in overdrawn charges.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wescom Credit Union?

False advertisement - Wescom came to my company to obtain business in 2009. They offered a guaranteed line of credit of $250.00 for one year with sign up and direct deposit. The idea was to "build credit". I signed up because I needed to build my credit. For the first year, I used the $250.00 and paid it every month. After the year, of course, they suspended the line of credit stating my FICO score wasn't high enough. I stayed with them for another year and ended up closing my account in April 2011. I am trying to buy a house so received a credit report and guess who's reporting a negative for suspension of a line of credit? Yep, Wescom; it shows $0 balance but they're reporting it so it's bringing my score way down. The last time they updated was Feb 2012. Needless to say, I have made many phone calls asking them to remove this from my credit report. They insist that it is reported correctly and refuse to take any action.

We had an insurance policy with these guys, Wescom, which they introduced us to and then the insurance company takes funds out and leaves us with a balance of $34.00. They cover it and then send us to a collection agency. We have had home loans, 3 car loans, and small lines of credit, which were all paid in full but we let $34.00 go unnoticed and unpaid, and they call in the credit agency dogs after almost 40 years of an account with them.

They closed our account, but did not tell us. I am glad we can find another bank to rip us off. It's true, they're all the same.

I got a car loan with this bank thinking they would offer great customer service and wouldn't try to rape me with all kinds of other charges like the bigger banks would, boy I was wrong. Everything was good for 2 years of my loan, until my insurance expired and I was without insurance for a week or so, somehow they knew my insurance expired, and added almost $3,000 to my loan. According to them, they added their own insurance on the vehicle for a year, they asked me so fax in my new policy etc., So I did..so they credit my account $2700, but my monthly payment went up $71.58, so now I was paying a little over $520 for my car payment which sucked.

A year later, I decided to move to a different insurance company, and they added $1600 for insurance again for an entire year...even though I was never a day without insurance. I had to call, waste my time faxing documents etc, so they could credit my account again which they did but my loan balance is all screwed up.

I have paid almost 5k towards the car, and I still owe the same amount from the beginning of the year. Seriously **! I talked to several reps, and it turned out that most payments I had made went towards the insurance they added on, so in reality I never got credited those amounts. I'm getting screwed.

Watch out for institutions who claim to be great at Customer Care. Wescom credit union is the worst, they have a policy where they do not review checks. They except anything and, when the money is deducted from your account without your knowledge or consent, they charge you for being overdrawn. I was charged 112.00 dollars because they took a check that i did not authorize before the posted date on the check. Then they told me this was part of their policy, and they had the right to charge me a penalty?

What kind of bank cashes checks without anyone reviewing the check? I had 3- representative told me that they don't review incoming checks they just cash them and oh well, its outta their hands they are not responsible. They took a check posted dated for the 15th and cashed it on the 9th, no one called, or kept the check pending at least until they could confirm it was ok to deposit before the dated date on check. They they had the nerve to send me a copy of the check on the 10th of May showing it was dated for May 15th. What kinda bank creates a policy to victimize its own customers and rip them off!

Wescom Credit Union Company Profile