Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Wells Fargo is a national bank with branches in many communities. Its services include home loans, mortgage refinancing and home equity loans. Explore mortgage information, affordability calculators and home loan shopping tools on its website. If you’re interested, apply online or talk to a Wells Fargo mortgage consultant in your area.

Wells Fargo Reviews

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

First me and my husband had retirement accounts with Wells Fargo for many years. My husband passed away in Dec. 2017 and they have been nothing but helpful with everything. They have lead me all the way with what needed to be done. They are very efficient and very friendly. They really act like they care about you as an individual.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have a checking and savings account with WFB. No screwups so far, but really extremely low interest on my savings account. I have a very high interest credit card - 18.85%!! Even though I have really clean credit and over $50k in my savings account. I call periodically to request a lower state - to absolutely no avail. I am about to switch this balance (of only about $5k now) to another bank. Terrible customer relations which they can’t afford right now after all their horrendous scandals.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Years ago, Wells Fargo bought a bank in which I had several CDs. I stayed when Wells Fargo took over. Shortly thereafter it became scary to go to bank for routine transactions - the employees (tellers, etc.) pounced on you and would not stop talking about new accounts I should purchase and/or transfer to. It was worse than a used car lot. I left. I heard they got worse and I'm glad I left when I did.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We have been with them for over approximately 20 years. Not the best experience when it comes to online transfers amounts limits and service to improve that does not exist. Local branch staff is wonderful where we bank. They have many areas to improve on support online. Bank has shown up in many newspapers and articles due to their processes.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

We were offered a loan by a loan company and Wells Fargo mgr said they were good people and okay to do. Yet they allowed a fraudulent check to be debited from our account taking 145 of our money and billing us for 800! They admitted fault - check wasn't signed by us and was in block printing from a company we never heard of. They said not to worry. They then cancelled our account and are still harassing me. The FBI has the case yet I am still being threatened and money never returned and we can't get a bank acct now and our credit harmed. I hate these people.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

Have been with WF for about 2 years now. Haven't been affected by the past problems they have had. The bank seems to be really taking care of their customers. I like the fact that you can dispute a transaction online and they will get back to you. I didn't like the way they figured the time you could be overdrawn. Most banks will let you have 24 hrs before they charged the fee. WF gives you until 9AM. They do take their time when posting temporarily transactions.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

This is one bank I would never ever do business with. Went to cash a check and they charged about $8.00!!! Banks like these are the type to milk people of any $ any way they can. Thank goodness other banks are so much better in fees and service who truly are doing what banks should be and this is one bank that has lost its way.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Have a small Business Account & Merchant Service. The fees are NEVER transparent; nor are they charged as agreed or discussed. Bulk of all Merchant Fee transactions are charged at the highest rate, when there is no reason and the card was present. Have had mysterious fees charged to my checking on multiple occasions and had to fight to get them removed. Also received a Credit Card, no requested, then a mark on MY CREDIT, for canceling it! Disgusting!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Let's talk about when you happy with your bank. We want a good deal when you running a business. It's a good business to have your back, When you're looking for a low fee driven that makes you look for a good bank and great customer service to help you make smart choices.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

We took out a mortgage with Wells Fargo 17 years ago and paid it for 7 years. My husband’s business failed in 2007 and we declared bankruptcy and went into foreclosure. We were notified of the auction, left the home and moved 40 Miles away. Wells Fargo never sold the home and never notified us they didn’t sell it and we didn’t discover this until we applied for another mortgage in 2015.

We hired an attorney and sued the bank but no judge would review our case, only denied it. So, we moved back into the property, repaired damages and tried to get back on the mortgage. WF refused to work with us or to forgive any of the time accrued in arrears. The house went to auction 2x since we moved and they haven’t accepted any offers. They also refused our request for a deed in lieu. They recently sold our mortgage to another bank.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

Been a Wells Fargo customer for a real long time. Bought the house & refinanced twice using Wells Fargo, always been happy with the service, transparency & process how the loans are handled. Customer is always treated right and with respect. Will recommend them for real estate loan needs always.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Wells Fargo charge me fees when my credit card merchant account fees came into my bank account and I was sick in bed with the flu. Put these back in that day through my credit card machine and still charge me because they clear out at midnight and my credit card machine does not batch out till 7 in the morning. These people are scumbags. I've been with them for 9 years and I am done. Literally the US government is got to do something about this Bank. They are legally robbing people. I hope the whole Bank goes down someday into Oblivion.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

My mortgage was transferred to them in late 2007, and it is the only financial interaction I have with them. They receive AFT from my other bank account for monthly mortgage payments - they haven't fouled it up yet. However, ALL customer service reps, including the "Executive Resolution Specialists," (ERS) apparently do not understand spoken English. I have repeatedly requested that NO correspondence of any kind that is not directly involved with my mortgage be sent to me, whether by phone, snail mail, or electronically. They ignored my repeated request, and recently sent me an email 'survey.' concerning their 'service.'

I called the ERS who sent me the form letter explaining that my preference for no solicitations was confirmed, but the survey was not a 'solicitation.' He further stated that I would have to 'opt-out' of the survey myself, as he could not do it for me?! "Executive Resolution Specialist," who cannot turn off the marketing trash? I told him I will file a complaint with the BBB for misleading customers and harassment. ALL the poor ratings are deserved.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

High fees, restrictions on how you can access your money, proven fraudulent in a court, steals your money, and is RUDE. Put your money elsewhere! No one cares about you as a customer all the way up to corporate!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

The robber got banks' money and bank rob you and get your money! Yeah, that true with Wells Fargo. I work have accounts with Chase, Discover, Bank of America, Citi, American Express, They are fine. But Wells Fargo! Please Stay away. I have Mortgage with them and credit card. Since I and my family are their loyal customers. My wife applied new credit card for Wells Fargo for $4100 balance transfer. They denied her application first. And they approved for $3500 and sent a credit card and balance transfer check. She had to pay the different bank and I paid for her.

3 weeks later (today) Wells Fargo send $3153 to the Bank (Bank of America) And ask us $101 fee. I already paid her balance and now Wells Fargo say call Bank of America to send money back but they will still charge for $101 balance transfer fee! Robbers! Shame on you! The other banks (real banks I listed above) try to help their customers and re-process everything but not Wells Fargo! I will use MY all energy to spread out my voice to warn others! STAY AWAY FROM WELLS FARGO! STAY AWAY!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

Wells Fargo Clermont FL. They signed us into a savings account that earned very little interest and required a minimum balance for some reason. After I pulled some money out and the "minimum" balance fell below they decided to start charging me $30 a month?? It is a testament to the way Wells Fargo has scammed and treated their customers. It is no wonder to hear and read about all the bad press. Do not do business with Wells Fargo as they are known to manipulate and scam their customers. The only bank I know that thinks they can charge you to keep a savings account.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

OK here's a new one that Wells Fargo is trying to get away with between 2009 and 2011. I have account with them and it is a checking account. Now those dates I said 2 employees from Wells Fargo open accounts in my name and stole over $1,200 from me. They took my SSI and my VA disability money. Well now Wells Fargo is starting to pay me back for what was stolen from me. They paid me $875.00 for the SSI and the VA money that was taken but they sent me a tax W2 form to have filled out. They told me I have to pay tax on the money. Well I don't pay tax on SSI or VA disability.

They gave me part of the money back that was stolen from that belongs to SSI and VA disability. This is very wrong. First they stole money from me that is tax-free and Wells Fargo wants me to pay tax on. Daaaaaaa. I don't think so. This is why Wells Fargo is in trouble, when I called them they don't understand. Wells Fargo is very confused. They expect me to pay tax on my own money that is tax-free.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Worst bank I've ever dealt with. After 9 aggravated months, they supposed to do one thing for me "automatic withdrew from my checking". So after 9 months, talking to a dozen people at the branch and customer service, filling for them 3 different authorization as they requested, finally they said it's all good and from 1st of the month withdrew will happen. Today I found that they took 2 months of payments from my checking!! They are incompetent, no one knows how to do things. I had enough of them. I will close everything with them.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I recently had my wallet stolen and the felons took money from my Wells Fargo checking account. I reported it within a day of it happening. I noticed WF didn't get the claim correct online within 2 days and had to call. I waited about 2 hours, finally hung up and went to my local bank early the next morning. The banker added to the claim (not done right the first day) and within 9 business days I was sent a letter that the matter was closed and they had credited me 1% of the money! I was very upset and called. This time it took 1 hour to be answered, and the representative said they didn't look at the total account and credited me the wrong amount. Time didn't matter to WF, errors didn't matter, and concern about customers' well being didn't matter. I keep lots of money in the account and get $1 in interest for the year. I don't they care about hiring people to help customers and assume people will just keep coming.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

As long as you don't go over and pay the min amount (+25.00 for me on a 1k credit) then it's a pretty good bank. They don't touch anything on your savings account and their fee on their credit, at least for me, is very nice. I don't feel like I'm going backwards with them like I do with other banks. True, min payment will take you a while to pay off, but it's a good credit starter and I always get good service be it on the phone or in person.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

Put through a charge from Amazon for annual Prime membership despite not having enough funds. Said it was "pre-authorized" (ONE YEAR AGO) and therefore they "have to put them through", then they charged me an overdraft fee AND now I'm overdrawn $150-. And it's a different card from a year ago because I had to have it replaced due to fraud! Then... Refused to close my account because it's in the red. I did get them to close my savings account and the debit card.

Supervisor tried to patronize and mansplain to me "how banks work." I must have asked two dozen times for him to close my account-- he kept trying to keep me as a customer because "Wells Fargo is on your side." Not when they nickel and dime me they don't. Also refused to give me a confirmation number for the cancellation of the debit card. I have no idea what's going on now. It is my belief that they are trying to cheat me-- by charging exorbitant overdraft fees for "pre-authorized transactions". It is pure profit for them.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

Wells Fargo Bank Appleton Wisconsin allowed a male to demand that a locksmith drill into the safety deposit box that was not his. He could not find his key. They did not ask for ID or match the signature card. The box was my mothers and he took items from the box. I asked numerous attorneys to help us to file charges. Banks are not regulated under the use of a safety deposit box. No legal help. Stay away from Wells Fargo Bank.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

When I met Miss **, banking became a pleasure, not a chore. Not only is she friendly, courteous and likable, "she knows the banking business" (as related to me)! I look forward to my weekly banking business because I know she is there to assist me if I have a problem. Miss **, you are my #1 bank person!!! (Of course you know that!!!)

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

WELLS FARGO BANK FRAUD ALERT! You don’t have to Bank at Wells Fargo to be ripped off by them. All you have to do is write someone a check that banks there. I wrote a check for $ 770.00 bucks. They turned right around and presented the same check twice but the second time they ran it for $ 2002.00. This was no accident. It had to be entered that way. When I clicked on the 2002.00 check up popped the 770.00 check that was run. The 770.00 showed up in both places. When I contacted my bank they called Wells Fargo, and they quickly apologized. If you know banks they never “quickly apologize". Only after days of investigation. Unless they're totally aware of their scam.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Wells Fargo locked me out of a business account that was rightfully mine. I also got arrested over the whole situation and charges were dropped. The person who took control of business account, went bankrupt and I was never allowed to access those accounts. I will one day have my justice from this corrupt financial bank. I hope one day all their banks are vacant and all the people that were part of such a corrupt bank, have a terrible retirement and are re-born into poverty, to learn from their mistakes.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I just got overdrafted by 60k because WF has either been hacked or issues with online banking. They made duplicate payments to vendors on all accounts!! This cause my business and personal account to go below ZERO!!!! And wait times are ridiculous!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I took over a small business account from other people. This account is with Wells Fargo unfortunately. Not to mention its website is below industry standard, it has the most strange service fee - $3 per month to hit a check image online. OK, I tried to be careful, not to look at check online. Well, this $3 is still there because I deposit checks from ATM machine. It just makes me to feel so low!!!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I sent a transfer three business days ago and it still hasn't cleared. Based on that I get a overdraft charges. I call support, they say they can't see the transfer on their hand. Lies. They'll clear the transfer magically the next day, they've done this before. I should have closed my account back then. I've worked at Wells. I've maintaining a positive balance for years. I have a credit card with them for years. In the same amount time I've had a credit opened with Bank of America my credit line has been extended twice. At Wells, nothing. Three years of good standing means absolutely nothing.

Bank of America makes ridiculously easy to send account alerts, to move balance from another account if it ever goes overdraft. Basically you almost never ever pay BoA an overdraft fee. Wells Fargo is a scam, they'll do everything they can to charge you. I've received three class actions notification connected to Wells Fargo, one already paid out, they've opened/closed accounts without telling their customers. The worst bank ever. I cannot wait to close my account with them. Support is absolutely horrible. Helpless. Don't know anything. Apparently they don't have access to any information, so what are good for then? I hope they shut down this scam any day now.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

Wells Fargo is by far the WORST bank I have EVER dealt with. They make all their money off late fees. Their favorite is to say you're set up on auto pay and then they don’t really set it up and give you a late fee for it. I hate that I got my car loan through them because now I have to stay with them till I pay it off. But believe me that is the first thing I will do is switch banks. I’m honestly in shock by how horrible this bank is. Can’t believe they are still in business with all the dishonesty they have had in the past with stealing money, etc. My husband has American First and Chase and he has NEVER been charged late fees. They even give him rewards all the time just for banking with them. I highly recommend not using Wells Fargo, ever!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Wells Fargo has reordered transactions that I've done in order to charge me more fees. They reorder them largest amount transaction first than smaller ones after that so they can charge multiple overdraft fees as opposed to just one. This is an illegal practice however they continue to do it. They have lost a class action lawsuit about this but are in appeals. And usually you have a small grace period once your account goes into the red, but they've taken that grace period away after my account went into the red for a little bit a matter of a couple hours and charge me an overdraft fee anyway even though I brought the account to good on the same day. I am currently shopping for a different account and would a recommended no one ever do business with them ever. All you have to do is search and they have tons of cases of fraud against them. I would attach images but conveniently they won't let you screenshot their app.

Wells Fargo Company Information