1.45/5

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Wells Fargo

Looking for a mortgage lender?

Wells Fargo Reviews

Original review: July 7, 2017

Signed up for a checking account on 03/29/2017 with Wells Fargo that included a $250.00 promotion if I either had direct deposit or made 10 transaction within 45 days. I made my 11th transaction by 04/06/2017 and then waited until I was given the bonus before I would swap my account over from my old one. I read how Wells Fargo was illegally opening accounts before and thought I would give them a chance. A person would think they would be giving out great customer service due of this scandal. I was really wrong, as they screwed me around for months and never paid the bonus. Even though customer service replied I did in fact qualify for the bonus. Per customer message I received below...

"I can confirm the correct code for this bonus is on your application and as you have met the necessary qualifications; please allow the proper time to receive your bonus which is 45 days from the date you met the qualifications." The 10th debit card purchase was done on 04/6/2017 and this fulfilled the requirement to get the bonus.

Over 45 days went by and still no bonus in my account. Now they claimed Wells Fargo cannot pay a promotional bonus to a customer without a certified tax ID number (W-9) to which I had already mailed in to them. They had me send it in the second time and finally said they received it, but they never paid the bonus. Wells Fargo is the most crooked bank out there and I would advise anyone to stay away from this unethical business.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Applied for a balance transfer for funds to go to a company that does not accept electronic funds transfers, only checks. I received a check made out to me and to this company on 7/1/17. Reading the accompanying letter, I learned that the promotional Apr offer of 0% for 15 months would no longer apply if the check were used after 6/30/17 (which obviously was now an impossibility). After going through two separate "bankers" (customer service people), I was transferred to a supervisor. They were unwilling to honor the original offer I was approved for and said that if I wanted to reapply for the August promotional (0% Apr for 12 months) I would be considered again. The supervisor was absolutely inflexible, totally uncomprehending why I would expect to have the original offer and approval honored, and obviously could not wait to get me off the phone, no matter what the outcome. I finally told her I was tearing up the check and to have a nice day.

I have banked with Wachovia/then Wells Fargo for over 30 years, including my home mortgage. My experiences with WF have unfortunately become more and more like this over the years. It's not only the principle of the issue (reneging on an approved offer) but the unhelpful manner of the customer service reps that has me steaming. This one may be the last straw and I will consider changing banks. It's just not worth the hassle or the lack of care about the consumer.

Original review: July 4, 2017

On 07/03/2017 I got to the bank at 4:50 pm to make a company's deposit; there were about 3 cars in front of me so I waited. It took the tellers forever to attend the car by the window, so I finally got to the window at 5:22 PM, just as I was parking my car by the window the teller closed the blind and put the sign "CLOSED". I called the teller from the speaker, he responds that they were already closed, I explained them that I had been in line for almost 30 minutes and then he calls somebody else, some lady with an attitude comes and tells me that for security purposes they have to close the lines and they could not take my deposit! I had almost 35K with me and they refused to take the deposit and on July 4th they would be obviously closed.

They did not care if company's check would start bouncing, or if something happened to me and the money would get lost. They just don't care. Bottom line, it is by far the worse experience I've ever had in a bank. I would not recommend this bank at all; at least not this branch. I am sure other branches are different, but this particular one is a nightmare. If you need to make any transaction, please avoid the branch on Gessner and Braeswood in Houston TX.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I am unable to make my mortgage payments due to Wells Fargo banking not updating my name change. I have had numerous calls and been sent back and forth between mortgage side and banking side. Each one assures me it's the other side's responsibility to update. As a result I am not able to add my banking information to make a payment. I have sent my marriage certificate to multiple fax numbers Wells Fargo has requested. I am frustrated as Wells Fargo seems inept to handle a simple profile update request.

Original review: July 3, 2017

Not a good bank. I currently have 6 accounts with Wells Fargo, soon to be none! If I use any account with the UGLY-Teller they charge a monthly fee, if I receive any coin change from them they charge for that! These are all new fees that I currently have been seeing in my statements! I am self employed and their bank is closed when I get done with my day, no convenience for me, but they make sure to take my money any chance they get!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wells Fargo?

Original review: June 30, 2017

I have had several bad experiences with Wells Fargo but by far the atm is the worst. They should not allow you to deposit cash if the atm machine can't count it correctly. I deposited 400.00 cash at the atm it gave me credit for 3.80. You can't even deposit 3.80 in cash into a atm the machine. Then they tell me to file a claim and that could take 10 days to get my money. I have other bank accounts and often use the atm for deposits and never ever have I had a issue but with Wells Fargo it is always a problem. Do not bank with them. We have lots of other reliable banks out here.

Original review: June 26, 2017

I had financed a couch and Wells Fargo was the lien holder. It's a constant battle to try and reach someone. I have spent hours waiting on the phone and even the customer service representatives I have spoken to could not get a hold of the right department. When I finally got a hold of the department I needed the manager I had spoken to was extremely rude and downgrading, and I felt as he didn't care what I had to say. It's frustrating to wait on hold and then be told that there is no way I have been on hold that long.

I was interested in banking with Wells Fargo in the future but after the way they have handled this messed up situation I will never do business with them again and I will do my best to detour business from this company to prevent people from having to deal with such uncaring and sarcastic people I have ever dealt with before. This is the most upsetting part... is people not answering the phone in that department. I have been completely ruined from this experience and like I said earlier I will never do business with Wells Fargo again.

Original review: June 24, 2017

My son had his bank information stolen. The bank was notified & they told him he was still responsible for the fraudulent activity on his card... WHY? The fraud happened in 4 different states & my son has never left Texas. Really??? They told him his money would be sent to him after the investigation, well it's been over a month & he's still waiting. I checked the mail today & there was a letter from the incompetent bank stating my son's account was overdrawn. Well weeks ago a banker told him that the account was closed. Withdraw your money people. This bank is full of hogwash.

Original review: June 24, 2017

To all the other people that have wrote their complaints my heart goes out to you. I read a good portion of the complaints and am writing this review to add my experiences with Wells Fargo. I left wells fargo around 1994. At the time I was in the Navy and had around 65.00 available in in my account (after accounting for an upcoming Wells Fargo Visa Card Automatic withdrawal). Myself and my wife and 2 year old son were at an amusement park and were low on money (payday was still a few days away). I went to the ATM and withdrew 60.00 (yes they had ATM's back then) I accepted the 1.00 fee (maybe it was 1.50?). When payday came a few days later I noticed overdraft fees. I cannot recall the exact fee for using a non Wells Fargo atm but it was substantial (like multiple times higher than the fee I had received from the ATM).

This resulted in an overdraft fee when my Wells Fargo Visa payment went through and a late payment fee for my Wells Fargo Visa payment. I don't recall how they managed to pull this double whammy off but they did. Think it was they didn't automatically withdraw my visa payment because I was 60 cents under the amount to make the electronic payment but that was due to a ridiculous $5.00 non Wells Fargo atm fee. I recall calling the bank and they offered no help or waiver of fees. I do not recall if they raised my Visa interest rate over it (I do believe I would have remembered that though). My fix for this was to Open up a credit union account with navy federal credit union and put Wells Fargo crap behind me:) :)...

So the Wells Fargo free life was fine then sometime around the 3 quarter of 2016 I had to cash a "Wells Fargo" check made out to myself (from Wells Fargo), think it was from the sale of my house back in Texas. Anyway I went to the Wells Fargo website to locate the nearest branch location to me in Georgia. Drove an hour to nearest branch location identified by their website. When I arrived It was a Wells Fargo drive thru bank. When I finally reached the window I was finally told that this branch is for "Wells Fargo customers only" (can't cash Wells Fargo checks there?). The lady was kind enough to let me know where the nearest branch that would see me was (wasn't far maybe 2 or 3 miles).

When I arrived at the other Wells Fargo branch that would accept non Wells Fargo (lower class baggage rate citizens) I was informed that I need two forms of I.D. to cash their check made out to me by Wells Fargo? You know like a passport or social security card? This was not a personal check from a Wells Fargo account holder it was from Wells Fargo itself! Anyway the teller recognized I had a security badge from the nuclear power plant and she accepted that. She said that she has family in that works for Georgia power. So I was supposed to have a passport or a social security card yet she accepted a security badge from the nuclear power plant. Anyway check was cashed, the teller was neither rude nor courteous, that was my last experience with them.

I found out my father quit Wells Fargo in 1972 after we got back from Japan (air force brat). Apparently they closed his account with several grand in it after two years of inactivity, then made it really difficult for him to get his money back, then tried to not pay interest on his money, etc. Only problem was they never notified him that they closed his account. Didn't know about this whole story until years after my 1992 WFB experience.

Latest Wells Fargo thing I heard was yesterday an acquaintance of mine told me he left his Driver's license at Wells Fargo (yes the one that's an hour away, well maybe not the same one but just as far). Guess the Wells Fargo teller didn't give his driver license back to him last time he was at the bank. Didn't notify him that they had his driver's license, he tore his house apart looking for his driver's license.

Finally 2 days later figured out he must have left it at the Wells Fargo bank. Called Wells Fargo bank, they said they had his driver's license (no they didn't call him), he drove the hour out to Wells Fargo, then they wanted him to show a passport or social security card to get his driver's license back. So he "PHYSICALLY GRAB HIS PERSONAL driver's license out of the bank's managers Hand" and guess what Yet another previous Wells Fargo account holder is born. Forgot to mention when I got my check cashed (you know the one from "WELLS FARGO" to me, I had to put my fingerprint on it! Sailors and dogs keep off the Grass! OK Wells Fargo we get it, now its time for you to GET IT!!!

Original review: June 23, 2017

I have been trying to get my name changed for the past six months. Back in January, 2017 I called customer service and they provided an address in Portland, Oregon to send my request and listed the documentation needed to complete a name change request. I sent all the notarized information, waited for two months and finally received a letter (with no signature) stating they did not like my notary and I would have to resubmit all the documents with a different notary signature to the Portland, Oregon address. I again had copies of my documents notarized, but with a different notary, and resubmitted everything they requested. In the meantime I got through to a supervisor, Brittany **, who said she would personally help me get my name changed and she verified that name change requests are to go to Portland, Oregon.

A month later I still had not heard anything and tried to call Brittany **, who no longer answers her phone. I called customer service on June 22, 2017 and was told they had no record of my documents and that I should have sent my documents to an address in Billings, Montana, to the attention of "Maintenance" (no name provided). The representative said that no one should ever send a name change request to Portland, Oregon because it is well known that only the Montana location processes name change requests. The man who told me this said his name was Steve ** and he hung up on me. No apology, no kindness, just a disapproving statement that I sent my name change request to Portland, Oregon instead of Billings, MT. I no longer live near a branch or I would go to one.

When I opened this account in 2015 I lived near a branch. I have since moved and the nearest branch is 70 miles away and according to Steve **, processes name change requests during the week only and not on the weekends. I cannot imagine having to take a day off from work to drive 140 miles to get someone in that branch to assist me. In comparison, I have another account at an out of state bank who immediately changed my name. There was no hassle at the other bank and it took them one week with a polite letter informing me that my request for a name change was complete and thanking me for my continued business.

Wells Fargo Bank is the worst bank in the U.S. and should be fined for incompetence and fraud. I would like to close my accounts but feel that I need to get my name changed first or they'll come up with an excuse as to why they cannot close my accounts and keep my money. If anyone can help me get this resolved I would be grateful. Thank you for your assistance.

Original review: June 21, 2017

I had money in a company 401K that employer put in for me. I left the company in 2000. The owners sold the company in 2012. At that time, employees and ex-employees who had money in the 401K were given option to receive their money. Friend who still works there said he had Wells Fargo open an individual IRA for him for his share. I was never contacted about my share and had never received statements that I even had this money in this account. Now WF tells me that I DID receive this money and the 401K is closed. I told them if I received this money provide PROOF - cashed check, etc. - something proving I received it. No one has been able to help me. They all basically just tell me I don't have an IRA with them and the money is gone. I would think a large bank such as WF would keep better records and could provide proof of where this $11,000 went.

Original review: June 21, 2017

The business I work for had a $14 million lending arrangement with Wells Fargo. They nearly put us out of business, and in the end the fees they charged us were in the 100s of thousands. These guys lie to get you in the door, then screw you over. Whatever you do, don't do business with Wells Fargo bank or Wells Fargo Equipment Finance. They are the most dishonest, crooked, self serving bank I have ever seen, and I have been in business for 30+ years. Beware, they will find unbelievable ways to screw you over!

Original review: June 18, 2017

I am single father and travel extensively for work. I added my parents to my account in the event I needed them to handle a banking transaction in my absence, or if were unable to handle a transaction due to unforeseen circumstances. Over the last 3 months, when my mother requested banking services, Wells applied payments to the wrong account and then levied her with late fees, even though it was their mistake. Recently, after applying payments to the wrong account the second or third time, my mother had Wells cancel her Wells Credit Card and pay it off from her Checking account with the account number she provided. Wells pulled the funds from my account.

Three weeks earlier, my mother asked for funds to be transferred from her savings to her investment account. She provided the bank teller a deposit slip so that they could look up her account. They withdrew money from my savings. Each time Wells screwed up, mom immediately told me of the error and gave me a check to refund me and dealt with Wells for hours at a time.

Today when I logged on to look at my account I was locked out. Wells Locked it due to fraud (On their part) and I cannot use my bank account until Monday when I speak to someone in Customer Care. I keep a $0 balance on all my Credit cards and pay them off each month. Today, I want to take my dad out to lunch, instead of using my ATM card for lunch or fill my gas tank, I have to use my Visa Card. I cannot even withdraw funds from an ATM until I speak with customer care. This is ridiculous and actionable in my opinion. I notified the FTC and filed a complaint, but I am not confident that they will even have time to look at my concern based on all of the other fraudulent activity that Wells is committing on the consumers these days. Mark my words, Wells will be fined, and the CEO will step down with a Golden Parachute, as will a number of his lieutenants, and some staffer will go to jail.

Original review: June 14, 2017

I wish I could give a zero star, but this is not an option. I was informed via email that my account was being closed because I was have frequent transactions with funds in transit, which created a risk for the bank. I had been putting cash deposit for my wife to deposit in another bank, but because the withdraws were being done on the same day as the deposit, they claimed the checks I deposit were not credit into my account yet. I made cash deposits, the funds should be available right away, but they wanted me to wait before I could use it.

If it was a check that needed to be clear, I understand, but this was not a check, but cash. It was several transactions, but they thought several were too many, and they put me in the spot as now I need to change over account because they closed my account. This is ridiculous that funds that were deposited as cash needed to be clear before I can apply it in the way I need it to work for me. Extremely rude customer service that victimizes the customer. Wonder how they are able to do business with such uncaring practices.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Being young I have purchased a vehicle through one of their dealerships. The first few months were fine, but the last 2 months have been a living hell. They lost one payment and tried charging me with 40 dollars in late fees on a payment that they had input wrong, and later found when I threatened court action, and now they are trying to say that a CASH payment through an authorized payment system (i.e. MoneyGram) was rejected for insufficient funds! What in the **!

Original review: June 10, 2017

I'm trying to figure out why it is so hard to close an account with this bank. One reason I am closing because you will spend your money and instead of them holding the funds they make it available for you to spend until you're spending money that you don't have. Now, I know it's all about me keeping track of what goes out which I do through the dumb website that gives off so much inaccurate information but it's hard when you're always on the go. The customer service agents are rude and very **. I had one say "Yeah I can do that". I went into the branch to close and the agent couldn't do it even after I was told they could once I close the account. Then he says he could do it tomorrow which is now today 6/10/12. I called customer care to have them close it and they tell me that I cannot close my account until Monday the 12th at 8 am. What in the world... These people are crooks and scammers. The entire company needs to be shut down.

Original review: June 10, 2017

I called to remove overdraft from my acct because if I went over $1 and the fee is $35 it doesn't make sense. The following month it happened again. I was told overdraft was removed but you have a separate type on your debit card. During both conversations I clearly stated I do not want anything paid if through money isn't available. The fees were reversed and I was assured I was fine. My grandmother died yesterday and since my entire family bank with Wells Fargo she was going to transfer me gas money to drive 12 hours home. My acct is negative $119 because they paid a 15 bill and are charging me the fees. I call AGAIN to have it corrected. tTey tell me because they've credited me for the same issue before they can't anymore. The other issues were bank errors but because they can't give correct info I will miss my chance to say goodbye to my grandmother. On top of that my paycheck is direct deposited to that acct so I will also be short on rent.

I called corporate to talk to the guy who answers the calls for the president of Wells Fargo. I explain to him the issue. He informs me that because it was a subscription that's why they still paid it regardless of what I requested. I do not work at Wells Fargo. How would I know the fine print about subscriptions and the difference if I wasn't told on the call I made pertaining to the issue and was assured nothing would be paid if the funds weren't available. I could have simply changed the due date since I was told it would just decline.

Now my acct is still over drafted and no one is willing to help me. I asked the guy who takes calls from the president who else can I talk to since I told him this isn't my fault and he giggled and said, "Well who's it then?" He informed me, "I just told you. I take the calls from the president so no, you can't talk to anyone". I will tell this story on every social media platform I can. If I do end up missing my granny's services, I will look into a lawsuit. This is ridiculous that almost the agents have the same training but I penalized in a life affecting way for their errors.

Original review: June 8, 2017

I have been a legal guardian for five years helping the elderly who have been taken advantage of by others. I take great pride in my work and found that suddenly Wells Fargo would not recognize my Guardianship unless I was added onto the account. It was a joint account and the family member would not give permission. I had to go back to court to have account seized because they would not follow their own policy and procedures that state I could close the account. They read in between lines, making statements that were not in their own documents and unhelpful in every instance because I believe they did not truly know the legal aspect of their business and dealing with guardships.

Original review: June 7, 2017

Why I hate Wells Fargo bank because they constantly let magazine companies charge your account after you have canceled the magazine. I believe Wells Fargo keep hiring incompetent people who do not know anything. That's what I believe unless they do understand. That's right Wells Fargo I want all of my wrong overdraft fees from the past. Act like you don't have them if you want to I will be filing a report with my AG of Alabama Steve Marshall. You best believe it Wells Fargo. We are coming for you.

Original review: June 5, 2017

2 years ago I went to Wells Fargo to get a personal loan so I could consolidate my credit debt. I was told I had to open a checking account. I did not want to since I already have a checking account with my primary bank that I have been with since I was born because my parents opened a savings account for me. So I opened the account and made deposits for the loan into the checking account every month either before or on the day it was due. Everything was going fine until last summer when I was receiving overdraft alerts. I was confused because I put the money in there for the payment and I know I had enough in there to cover my payment.

Wells Fargo would try pulling out the money 3 times. So 3 times a month I was charged overdraft fees. I have tried to rectify the situation, but apparently nobody knows what is going on. I get calls 3 times a day with no message left. I am continuing to make my monthly payments, but I can't get this situation cleared up because I am wrong and they are right. I eventually closed my account which surprisingly went very smoothly. I was getting hit with the fees and I can't handle that. So I mail my payment into the Wells Fargo. I would NOT recommend this bank to my worst enemy. Horrible Horrible business. Still waiting for this to be cleared up after a year.

Original review: May 31, 2017

Wells Fargo refuses to investigate fraud within their own department and quickly will close out a case without proper investigation. My daughter was scammed out of a $2500.00 check and we believe that a teller within the bank deposited the check, but Wells Fargo refuses to investigate. McAllen Jewels is the fraud investigator and returns calls two weeks later by being nasty and uncooperative. He refuses to help with the matter and will close out the case. With the recent news of Wells Fargo being in the news for fraud you would think they would take these matters more seriously.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I opened a savings and checking account with Wells Fargo in West Palm Beach on 5/20/2017. I had been a Chase customer for over 20 years but had issues with a lazy rude lady at Chase when I went in to open a 2nd Checking account. So I decided to move to Wells Fargo. I setup my online account and added all my payees for online payments. A couple of days later I receive an email that I needed to log in through wellsfargo.com to address an issue. I attempted to log in and my account was locked. I called customer service and was transferred to the fraud Department. I had to verify my payees which I find it odd but I spent about 20 minutes on the phone and we verified the payees. I was told that I needed to reschedule all my payments which I didn't understand why but I said okay and told the lady that I had a few repeating payments and she said that I would have to redo those as well.

So I asked if the addresses and payee information was still there and she said yes. I logged in to my account and all the bill payees had been deleted along with all the payment information. I had added about 20 payees and had taken me a couple of hours adding names, addresses and account numbers. And after I added them I shredded my paper bills so I didn't have the account information any longer. I called the fraud Department again and they checked my account and they basically said, "You have no payee under your account so you will need to readd them." Mind you, I had bills that needed to be paid and I didn't have the information so I was stuck.

So I asked to speak with a manager to see if the payees could be restored and she basically said, "The only thing that I can advise you to do is to readd them." So I asked her why her department had deleted information from a customer's account, and she basically said again, "The only thing that I can advise you to do is to readd them." She refused to take responsibility for what someone in her department had done. She finally said that she could file a complaint, so I said okay and then asked for the complaint case number. She gave it to me but said that customers do not get notified and the number was only for her reference. So I asked, "Then how do I know if this issue is being addressed?" And she said, "You won't. It's internal only."

So basically they have access to delete information that customers add without consent of the customer and then hide behind their policies. If it's not illegal to delete information from customers' accounts it should be. So now I have late payments and more than likely fees and they refuse to take responsibility. Should have stayed with Chase and now I have to go back to my employer and make changes to my direct deposit. Had I known about their practices, I would have stayed away from Wells Fargo.

Original review: May 28, 2017

This is the first time I have ever written a review for anything but felt it was important information for someone looking for a home equity line. I contacted Wells Fargo on 4/4/17 for a home equity line of $50,000 on my home that I purchased 16 years ago and have more than double the amount of equity in it. I told them I was using the money to put down on a new house that I was building. They told me my credit score was 833. I make six figures and have no credit card debt. I have over $400,000 in my 401k. They waited for a month to contact me for any documents. Then drilled me for the info. Once I submitted the documents they wanted to review. They finally told me on 5/17/17 that they could not approve my loan.

When they told me the reason it turns out they had mistakenly pulled information on a house that was next door to where I was building the house (my house was being built on an empty lot), never asked me for any information on my 401k savings, never asked me for the property management contracts for another property I am renting that proves I am making $800 a month on the rentals (they said that the rental markets are considered temporary even though I had proof of rental info for 2 years), and never even appraised house I was taking the loan on that I have 100% equity.

Needless to say, it was a colossal waste of time. I am still so sick about it because I have 3 bank accounts (checking, savings, property management account) with them that I will now need to close because of how incompetent they proved to be. I applied for another home equity loan from another bank 2 days later and was approved in 5 days for $75,000. Wells Fargo then came back to me realizing the mistakes and asking for more information. I told them that they were fired. Now I just got a letter from them in the mail with a brochure about how to better manage my credit. What a joke!!!

Original review: May 26, 2017

The minor savings account was used as an overdraft that I never sign or call for. The money disappears and they close the account without contacting me so they giving me that story without proof. I'm taking them to court.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I was recently in a car accident and have been off work. I had to take out 2 payday loans to pay for the extra expense. I made arrangements with them when they were coming due and they said they can work with me no problem since my disability. They turn in the checks and WTH!!! Just to be sure on the one that prints their own checks, I put a stop payment on it. WTH!! Wells Fargo paid them both. I had no money in my account... ok... I had 31cents. Now I when disability pays it will all go to Wells and I will be broke and behind on rent. Thanks Wells Fargo. Once I can walk again I am closing my account. You lost another long-term customer.

Original review: May 25, 2017

I was looking at my credit card statement online and I have a charge from the bank of $73,78 of interest charge for purchases. I guess since they cannot make money any other way, they need to break their clients. I never seeing this kind of charges before. I called to inquire, but it was impossible to get through... I will keep calling and see what this ridiculous charge is about.

Original review: May 24, 2017

Wells Fargo dealer services bankruptcy debt issues? Filed Chapter 13 in 2012. With a motion to stay to keep my vehicle with an arrears of 557.79 to be paid by trustee as a pro rated payment plan. In 2015 Sept 10th, I called WF to get payoff amount. Was given 1066.00 not including my arrears and my regular payment that was about to be posted. I was told after all that it would be then 352.79 so I paid over phone.

2 years later finally get discharged from BK. Called WF for title to car. WF told me they charged off my 1066 a year ago with an added amount of $30 to bring it to 1096.00 and in order to get title I have to pay that amount... They agreed they never notified me or our BK attorney about this and at this point my payoff I was told is being ignored to saying I owe that 1096.00. They also gave 3 different reasons as to where they came up with this amount that neither are accurate info... What can I do or should I do? I still have the car. If I had not of called for title I would have never known this to be going on.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I went into my Wells Fargo Branch to turn in my safe deposit box keys and close my checking account on 5/1/17, because of prior bad customer service experiences. The service representative helping me, said they were having computer issues and the system was frozen in the middle of my transaction closing out my Safe deposit box account. I had to wait for the system to work again. Wells Fargo owes me a deposit refund on the safe deposit box and wouldn't give it to me while I was in the branch and since I closed my account previously, they said they couldn't deposit it into my only account left with them which is a home equity line of credit. So I was told the check would be mailed to me within 2 weeks. It's now 5/22/17 and no check.

Now I have to spend even more time on getting my deposit back. I have tried to contact them through the online service but they require an account number to get you to the right dept. and they don't have a dept for refunds apparently. They have the worst customer service and they really just don't care unless you owe them. If they owe you, good luck!!

Resolution response: June 23, 2017

My original complaint was with the dispute department. When I went to my branch to close my accounts, the banker asked if she could research the claim herself. After making a couple of phone calls it was determined that my claim wasn't handled properly. It seems that the dispute department rushed to close the investigation without following proper procedure. The money was promptly deposited back into my account. My old debit card was cancelled (which was supposed to be done immediately) and a new one issued. The banker advised that "in the future, call the dispute department to file the claim, make sure to tell them to cancel the current card, and contact your branch as soon as possible." A little bit of faith has been restored, but they have one strike left.

Original review: May 19, 2017

Called Wells Fargo to dispute 3 $75 charges on my account that I didn't authorize. Wells Fargo investigated and decided that my claim wasn't valid. Pretty sorry when one of the largest banks in the world will not stand behind their members. Closing my accounts with them. I will also be researching ways to refinance my home through someone else. But that will be futile because when I originally purchased my home, it wasn't through WF. But WF bought that mortgage. And when I refinanced my home to get a lower rate through another bank, they bought that one too.

Original review: May 19, 2017

I have 2 accounts with Wells Fargo. One had an overdraft which I was fully aware but I need to pay my car tags so I couldn't make that transfer. I figured I have a week and half to get my next check and it goes directly on to the negative account and we're good... Right? Wrong!! They transferred the money from one account to the other without talking to me and I was completely left with nothing. What a ** move. They could have gotten a hold of me but they didn't.

Wells Fargo Company Information